Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Wonky, Bibbles is fine, dont worry if you write that, I have been called worse. Hi Cris and Joan and Tony.

Thanks for the kind thoughts re hospital visits, I am sure I will be in a worse state than Mother - it is ok being a nurse, well, retired nurse, but, when it is your own, all your training and experience goes straight out the window and you are a wreck. I will put on my best brave face and air of authority, I have them somewhere in a cupboard :roll:
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hey Wonky will put the kettle on! :lol: I got this new one and well it might as well have the operating instructions in Swahili just now.... got brain acting up I guess..... or eyes.... or both....

He did say he could do it and am inches off letting him :lol: Slurps and glad you got it sorted. ((( ))) xx

Oh debs yep tea or nothing... except.... well a bit of Scotch or pink fiz wouldn't go amiss just now.....

Poor Snowy, he is welcome to come to the ark if he ants? Need a hottle that doesn't get cold and gong to stick it on the right side of my head and hope it magically makes the brain work... I got some cold last night..... took me ages to work out it wasn't my electric that had failed but a power cut....

Saw the guys up in the junction box up near the gate and they were seriously swinging back an forth... there's that song in the head now.. the back, back and forth and forth one.....

More tea and he is on his way t collect Snowy..... ((( ))) xx
  • bubbles
    Options
    Cuddles was here a while back, sat by the fire, think she got a bit hot and is out back, cooling. Marigold has a fleece blanket on and lots of hay and straw to settle down in.

Best be wheeling my trolley about. Can I do my painting yet? No, seems not.
    Does anyone else receive replies to posts, as I used to, but have not done for ages, despite it being ticked in profile? Just wondered. :?:
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Bubbles

Have I missed you again??

Love Trish xxxxx
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Bubbles,

Its always easier flower when its somebody else's family but hopefully it will go well and she will get some help as well?

Leaving you a ((((( ))))) and a hope and gong to raid behind the counter and find a sleep draft. Fingers crossed for you and your mum and going to hit the embers. xx

Nice to see you Trish :D xx
  • trisher
    Options
    Hi Cris

Nice to see you to my friend

Sending a (((((())))) your way all sugary ones :D

Loove Trish xxxxxxx
  • bubbles
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    Hi Bubbles

Have I missed you again??

Love Trish xxxxx

Almost Hun, missed you too. We are still like ships in the night. Was just about to sign out as we are up early to take Mum to hospital, I will be in no state at all, already getting angina pains, but they will go.
    Hope you are ok, will be able to write lots more tomorrow. Leaving you a bundle of hugs. Sorry I have to go, but I must try and rest, I will take my pills and go rest up. Wed I am Clinic to my cardiologist, its all go this week. Again. Take lots of care hun, XXXX Bubbles
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Hi, i posted a reply on here & it hasnt appeared :x Keeps doing that to me,hands arent great so its not helping there :roll:

Night cris, Night Bubbles, i hopwe all goes well tomorrow & sorry my reply didnt appear :x
    debs
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    morning all hope alls well and you are all safe after the winds and rain , its stoped here at the min but is still looking black , anybody want a cupper before i start a mass clean up x
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,444
    Options
    Good Morning Jan and Berty (girl)

I hope you are well and that you are not too cold - I am as it's very windy and the wind is somehow getting in tha hoose :shock:

Cuppa would be lovely Berty :D

Toni xx
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    morning all,

its cold and windy today, had to go out early drop the car off at the garage then to the hospital to have bloods taken. house is freezing so popped in here for a cuppa and a warm. its lovely and clean here, just putting another log on the fire and going to sit in the corner by the fire for a bit if anyone wants to join me.

hope your all ok

coco xx
  • coco67
    Options
    there you go Dell, enjoy your cuppa and cheese on toast

i hope the stuff the dr has given you works and you get some relief soon

coco xx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Good morning all, hope we're ok, bubbles, really hope things are ok with you? Sorry to those of you I was chatting with last night, my phone battery was dying and signal here in outer mongolia isn't brilliant, I think those nasty raspberries have been chewing at the masts, they have a thing about eating steel,I think ot files their teeth down or something.. I was on sentry duty outside the lodge last night and had a near miss with a group of them,I think the term for that is a ' ripple', so there I was, only a spatula at hands against a full raspberry ripple... Then from nowhere Janets mum came flying out and chinned the lot of them, apparently she used to be a ninja.... Who woulda thunk it eh? Anyway gang, from now on I will check in when I can, wish me luck on the on going struggle of man vs raspberries.. Also, can everyone use the finger print scanner for me, as suggested above,I think it's the only way we'll new able to tell who's taking the 'exotic' DVDs from the shelf without officially checking them out....
    Tony
    :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • coco67
    Options
    Popped in for another cuppa.

tony it sounds like your having some bother out of those rasberries, threaten to make them into jam if they dont behave :wink:
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi All,

Tis cold eh? Windy, wet and Rowan is into chasing ducks today.... I have suggested he stops :lol: The ducks, well they are getting flying exercises and I would rather they didn't :roll:

No escapees :D

I got to go get hay in a min, first I better clean out the car cus there stuff in there that can't be enhanced by hay... Nor can I be so could someone tell it please.....

had a bit of a shock.... one of the calves, with horns, is a bull :shock: Not sure about that one to be honest but.... he is ok and hopefully might remember I saved his life... though what for since he will be sunday dinner before too long..... Makes me so sad cus I got fond of Panda eyes even when she is being too clever by half.......

Going to get finished early and hit the fire cus this is some cold wind.....

Hugs by the door and diving behind the counter for buckets of energy, fortitude and stamina before hogging the fire for a min.....

Del I hope the tablets work but the steroid jab might be a good idea? I got one and a half frozen shoulders and the trigger points seem to help a bit.... xx

Hi Jan,

Leaving you a ((((( ))))) xx

Hi Tony,

Hope the holiday is going ok? xx

Hi Toni,

Just a ((((( ))))) and a cup of green tea cus I know how much you likes it :lol::lol: xx

Hi Coco,

Hope your ok today? Shift over from that fire cus I is some cold again..... Hope your feeling happier and is your son still about? xx

Hugs for them that pass or come in..... xx
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI All

flying visit until later.

Del - hope the itching soon lessens .... I feel for you with the shoulder too. FIngers crossed for you that the pills work.

Cris - do you need littlelegs on anti-duck-chasing patrol? she says she is willing as long as she can use your computer to consult the forum vet :wink:

Bubbles - thinking ofyou and hoping it all went ok.

Julie - see to think we are in your pocket too ... so hoping that all is well with you.

tony - hope the raspberries are behaving today :wink:

ooops ..... know I wanted to say something else :oops: but brain is foggy. so will hope that you will all accept a hug (((((((()))))))) until later when I'll be back.

hugs
    WOnky
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Wonky,

Haven't seen her in a while so send her down please..... she got some smacho's here and a secrete stash of costume changes and I need lessons to change as fast as she does :lol: He sending you a bucket of slurps and a ((( ))) with a hope your day is going well? Oh and can Little legs do printers as well please :lol: xx

Hi Jules sorry flower ((((( ))))) and hope its all ok xx

Same for you Bubbles xx
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Jan,

The calves are all growed up.... 2 bullocks, 1 heifer and a full blown bull..... isn't this winter going to be fun?!

You working later? If you are get a bit of kip flower. ((( ))) xx
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    Hi all not at the hospital today its tomorrow with my mum to see the oncologist and Friday for my infusion.

Cris it does look like its going to be a bad winter :shock: Best buy some thermals me thinks. Will try and get on tomorrow.

Love and ((((hugs))))

Jules xx
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Aftenoon all I have just spent 5 min typing a post , and it has disappeared...sorry everyone cant do it again...could I have a builders and a nice warm fire..I hope you are all having a goodish day...Julie I will be thinking about you.
    hope t all goes well for you and your mum.
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • coco67
    Options
    evening all. a quick cupa and a warm. hope everyone ok, will try and read back

coco xx
  • trisher
    Options
    Good Evening one and all

Will have a large coffee have we any sticky buns with a cherry on the top?

I hope you are all okish

Love Trish xxxx
  • trisher
    Options
    snowball wrote:
    Hi all not at the hospital today its tomorrow with my mum to see the oncologist and Friday for my infusion.

Cris it does look like its going to be a bad winter :shock: Best buy some thermals me thinks. Will try and get on tomorrow.

Love and ((((hugs))))

Jules xx

Hi Jules

Will be in your pocket when you take your mum to the hossy. I hope it goes as well as it can.

Sending lots of (((((((()))))) to you
    Love Trish xxxxx
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    Jan, did you remember me caramel choux buns from Asda?

Jules, I will be thinking of you, and Mum, until I hear from you.x.

Now.......I fancy egg and chips, with a builders in a pint mug. Hey, it took years to get this classy!!.......Ange.x.
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Hi to all, Jules, Barbara, Coco, Trish and Jan. Anyone else lurking?

I must confess that I am not having a good day today, feel completely washed out. Didn't get out of bed till lunchtime and then got straight back in once I'd eaten. Think I've gone into hibernation mode without me knowing.

Jules, we will all be with you and your Mum, I'm sure. Barbara, how's the crochet coming along? Done another square yet? Trish, so sorry that you are feeling bad again.

I'm going to have a large builders, a bucket of wake-up draught and some toasted crumpets dripping with butter.

Anyone want some crumpets while I'm toasting?

Annie