Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    edited 14. Sep 2020, 08:05
    Options

Ahhhhh! Look at Kian with his big boy's haircut!!! Thanks Carol pictures of the little people as Aidan called them always make me smile.

I am very glad you are back in Church - not ours yet, but we do have a wedding on the 19th so getting there I hope. New restrictions will soon become second nature I'm sure.

How are you ears? any better with the spray?

Well done to your youngest daughter you will be very proud of her indeed given your own history with St John's 🙂 I look forward to seeing her medal and hope it's not too long. In the meantime we can see the Gazette article 👍️

Barbara what a gorgeous sunset! Your garden looks amazing a real oasis - you could be anywhere out there👌 No wonder you enjoy it so much and the pond looks as though it's been there forever.

I still feel confused about these new restrictions when they happen - I get the rule of 6 that is easy enough it's just the local stuff. Aren't people allowed to visit? Is it just in the area in extra restrictions or visitors to the area? I will have everything crossed that the girls get to you. Your GD needs to see her family ((()))🤞

P didn't get her ride out yesterday too many demands on her time. She is however very well still and managing all of it. We had a cup of tea outside last thing before dinner and a natter and of course it will be sunny all week so we'll manage it.

Hi Joan I was just telling Barbara P didn't get her ride she had too many visitors! But it will be nice all week so we'll manage.

Thank you the girls' solicitor is going to chase the seller's solicitor this morning so fingers crossed! Love to you and Sue ((())) xxx

Oh I've heard from Chris/ Catlady She can only eat a limited diet atm, but is doing well. She git told off for walking too far yesterday so that's a good sign surely 🙂

Breakfast anyone?

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Morning all thought I would get in early for a change..had to be up to make sure Mr B went for his bloods..Still haven't got to the bottom of his legs not working properly

Joan thank you.. so glad we have nice weather to enjoy for a while..will you and Sue be out on your scooters ...now Westlife did you see there come back.. I love them xx

Carol you dad was so young..how awful that must gave been fir you all..(())

How lovely that your daughter has been promoted at ST John's...Good for her...I know its in the blood ..yes you post the photos

Ooh Kian has grown bless him and a nice new haircut..it must be strange at church..Will be nice when we get back to normal.. whatever that is xx

Toni I hope your tyre get sorted I have just has my lino picked up...just hope there us no problem with a refund...xx

Love to everyone

Xxxxxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Daily Poem

Gathering Leaves

BY ROBERT FROST

Spades take up leaves

No better than spoons,

And bags full of leaves

Are light as balloons.

I make a great noise

Of rustling all day

Like rabbit and deer

Running away.

But the mountains I raise

Elude my embrace,

Flowing over my arms

And into my face.

I may load and unload

Again and again

Till I fill the whole shed,

And what have I then?

Next to nothing for weight,

And since they grew duller

From contact with earth,

Next to nothing for color.

Next to nothing for use,

But a crop is a crop,

And who’s to say where

The harvest shall stop?

We have been busy setting up our iPads, which were delivered yesterday. NIGHTMARE! which is why I didn't pop in yesterday. I'm not enjoying the poems in my inbox, so I still end up searching for one. 🙄

Black beanball marinara subs

Serves 4

Allow us to introduce you to beanballs … meatballs’ more compassionate cousin.

Ingredients

For the beanballs

• 2 tins black beans, drained
    • 1 clove garlic
    • 1 carrot, peeled and grated
    • 1 red onion, finely diced
    • 50 g frozen peas
    • 20 g chia seeds
    • 50 g gram (chickpea) flour
    • 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
    • Black pepper, to taste

For the sauce

• 1 tin chopped tinned tomatoes
    • 1 clove garlic
    • 2 tablespoons tomato puree
    • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil

To serve

• 4 sweet potatoes cut into wedges
    • 1 tbsp vegetable oil
    • 4 wholemeal sub rolls
    • 1 tsp smoked paprika

Method

1. Put the ingredients for the black bean meatless balls into a food processor and pulse to combine. Divide into 30 g balls and place into an ovenproof dish, leaving space between each ball.
    2. Put all of the sauce ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes and season.
    3. Mix the sweet potato wedges with the oil and smoked paprika and place onto a lined baking sheet.
    4. Pour the sauce over the meatless balls and place them and the wedges into an oven preheated to 180°C. Cook until the wedges are coloured and soft and the meatless balls are firm.
    5. Serve the meatless balls in the subs with the sweet potato wedges. These also go great with wholemeal spaghetti.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• frogmorton
    Options

Barbara I also hope you get a refund ok that was really naughty selling rubbish like that to you and expecting it to be ok 😡

Tyre all done so Dudey is happy off to the hairdresser this morning again.

Done Tia's cats....busy busy!

Kath I am very pleased to see you if you hadn't reappeared I would have been off to look on facebook......sleuthing!

Leaves - are you feeling Autumnal? Is it you who loves jumping in them or is it Barbara🤔

Love those subs they look fabulous. I shall take one each fro me and Kari and drop hers off on the way back from the hairdresser's.

Oh dear IPADS a nightmare I see. I am not surprised I dislike I-anything with a passion! Far too complicated for my small brain to cope with. I especially hate ITUNES! Hehe!

Joan I hope all is ok with you? You were missing yesterday which is very unusual for you? ((())) xxx

Breakfast...hmmm..

I think we all love these 🙂

I will try to get back later - if you recognise me i might just look 10 years younger😉

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,938
    Options

Good morning everyone

I just lost all I put so I will carry on

Kath ((())) we have Apple iPad you put them side by side and the things go on the new one love to Chris ((()) Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and your dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) I'm sorry Mr B has sore legs ((())) love to your son ((())) and your brother ((()) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) in your mind you can do anything its just your body won't let you. I hope Charley ((())) and her girlfriend ((())) hear some thing to day love to Paul ((())) Lucy ((()) Tia ((())) Kari ((())) Prom ((())) thank you for saying about Chris ((())) she doing well.

love to Bill ((())) Mig ((())) Carol ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options

Morning. Just want to say thank you to those who donated to Versus Arthritis after I did the Great North Run (13.1 miles). The app I had to use stopped working at 10 miles so I then walked a route I knew was 3 miles, got home to find the app had kicked in again but was saying I'd only done 11 miles. So I did another 2. Later that evening, I checked my phone which had recorded that I'd done 2 1/2 miles extra so 15.7 miles.

The official result said I'd done the 13.1 miles in 3 hours 39 minutes. I came 8997th out of 16 thousand, 159th female in the 60-64 age group. (Doesn't say how many ladies were in the group. I could have been last. 😂). I'm paying for it now with blisters and I can hardly walk. My back and arms are the worst. Legs are fine. 😕It's always been my dream to do it for the 10th time so now I have. 😁

I've started isolating now to make sure I'm ok for my op on the 30th. Shopping being delivered this afternoon, covid test at the hospital next week.

Lots of lovely pictures on here of food and children. And Toni's new car.

Love to all. X

Christine
  • Kitty
    Options

Daily Poem (I'm posting this to show how odd the poems they send me! I don't understand this one.

Along the Border

Jasminne Mendez                                        

after Idra Novey

On a dirt road

On a drive to el campo

You found a batey

I cut the cane 

We sucked on a stalk

You gave me your arms 

I swam in the river

We locked the door 

Then the lights went out 

And the radio played 

You fingered the pesos 

I walked to the beach

We fried the fish 

You ate the mango  

I jumped in the water

We bought the flowers

Then the migrants came

And you bartered for more 

Then the sirens blared

And they were carried away

But we didn’t stop them 

Then the ocean swept

And the palm trees sagged

They were foreigners

We were foreigners  

And we lived there

iPads are like Marmite, you either love them or hate them! Ours are iPad5 and everything revolves around pass numbers, but they are speedy Gonzales compared to our old ones. Christine, you did really well. You deserve a medal.

VEGAN “SEAFOOD” LINGUINI!

If you are in need of a pasta meal that avoids meat and fish, look no further! This Vegan “Seafood” Linguine will knock your socks off and you will never have to miss seafood again while following a plant-based diet– no fishing pole needed! Enjoy!

VEGAN “SEAFOOD” LINGUINE

Author: Meatless Makeovers  Prep Time: 10 min.  Cook Time: 20 min.  Total Time: 30 min.  Yield: 6 Servings 1x  Category: Pasta  Method: Sauté, Boil  Cuisine: Italian Diet: Vegan

DESCRIPTION

This creamy Vegan “Seafood” Linguine is packed with plant-based ingredients. Made with king oyster mushrooms, banana blossoms, and hearts of palm… you won’t miss the seafood!

INGREDIENTS

2 Large King Oyster Mushrooms (Cut into Discs)

1 Can Hearts of Palm (Drained and Cut into Half Circles)

1 Can Banana Blossoms (Drained and Sliced)

2 Lemons (Juiced)

3 Cloves Garlic (Minced)

3 Tbsp Vegan Butter

2 Tbsp Olive Oil

½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes (optional)

½ tsp Dried Kelp (optional)

1 Large Bunch Fresh Parsley Leaves (Stems removed and leaves roughly chopped)

12 oz. Linguine (or Pasta of your choice)

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Wash and prepare all fresh produce.
    2. In a skillet with a small amount of oil and over medium/high heat, sear the king oyster mushrooms on both sides. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside.
    3. Start to cook the pasta as per the directions on the package.
    4. In the same skillet used for the mushrooms, melt the vegan butter over medium heat and add the minced garlic.
    5. Next, add the hearts of palm, banana blossoms, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, and dried kelp.
    6. Allow to sauté for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally to incorporate.
    7. Add the seared mushrooms and the drained and rinsed cooked pasta into the sauce. Toss to combine. Garnish with chopped parsley leaves.
    8. Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
    9. Leftover pasta can be refrigerated for up to 5 days.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• frogmorton
    Options

Dunno Kath something to do with migrants I think???🤔

I tried really hard thought I 'got' small parts of it but not the whole...😕

The no fish linguine looks amazing and reading teh ingredients should definitely 'work'. These unusual plants/fruits give the ideal texture for fish.

Yes I - anything is like marmite you are right. My girls love them! Not me nope no no🙄 Glad yours are like lightening now isn't it great? This Lenovo thinkpad puts everything to shame I love it!

Joan I hate it when i lose my post even though it's always my own fault. Actually I think that makes it worse! The girls are going to ring the solicitor every day. We just keep on going don't we? It seems to work! Chris is doing well I have to agree I hope she gets home soon. Love you you and Sue ((())) xxx

Christine Well DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What an achievement and doing all that extra too 😮

You did indeed do your 10th time and in a very memorable year too - you will never forget. I bed the family are proud of you as we are.

Now don't disappear again we want to support you through you operation and isolation.

As Kath says- you deserve a medal

We'll get it engraved for you 🙂

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) I hope you all have a good day. Love to Chris ((()))Anita ((())) and Val ((()))

Christine ((())) you did so well you must feel pleased.

Toni ((())) we have booked our flu jabs now. Love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and her girlfriend ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and Pom ((()))

love to Barbara ((())) Bill ((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • frogmorton
    Options

Ah well done booking your flu jabs - I usually go to my pharmacist still get it free, but he's very good never hurts at all.

Charley is getting a bit cross about the house delays now 🙄

Breakfast anyone?

• barbara12
    Options

Morning all sorry I missed yesterday..all sorts going on here

Christine you are very welcome it was the least we could do..you did all the hard work..and went beyond what you should have done..yes its wise to self isolate ..won't be long now then till your op.we will all be here for you.xx

Toni you are a busy bee but its always good..like they say you don't use it you lose it...thank you for breakfast..I do like fluffy scrambles eggs...poor Charlie I can imagine thet desperately want to move in to there new house..hopefully not long xx

Joan sorry you lost your post..its really frustrating...we are booked in for flu jabs at the end of this month...can't come soon enough...love to all of you xx

Kate glad you were able to set up your ipad..I get engrossed in settung tech up..and forget everything else

Thank you for the poems I am sure you will come up with new ones suppose you have to be in the mood

Thank you for the seafood linguini..banana blossom fascinate me ..must look it up xx

Love to everyone

Xxxxxxc

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Now Chris (catlady) has messaged me she is having an MRI this afternoon and she is really scared.

She said she'd cope if the café crew were under the cape with pusskins and cake!!!

She has been watching us for a while hasn't she?!

The cloak of invisibilty is ready aired fresh

• barbara12
    Options

Chris we are all here for you..under the clock and ready to go...and we bring goodies for after .. really wishing you well...xxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Thank Barbara

It's weird when you are an in-patient because they can do investigations any time can't they day or night. Lucy had MRIs at 8pm and 7am (not on the same day of course!).

I hope I hear from Chris soon so I know how she got on. Sleek had plans to get inside the MRI with her (she can sleep through anything), but I was worried pusskin bones would show on the images🤔😮

Chris said imagining us all there with her would help.

How is your brother doing now? I hope things are ok.

Good Morning Everybody😁 I hope today is better than yesterday it got cold and windy in the end.

Looks like we all had an odd day yesterday in the café not our usual postings at all. I do hope Kath is ok.

Carol is probably accumulating hours, (maybe days!) in the shed bless her😉

mig crocheting away no doubt.

Christine (applerose) nursing those sore blisters!

Love to you Joan - when is your flu jab booked for? I will go to my pharmacist Kari will come to and we'll take her daughter-in-law (diabetes) he lets our GP practices know for us by computer.

Today I hope to be quiet 🤞

sauce is on the tables if you want some.

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Barbara ((())) I hope everyone is as well as can be love to Mr B ((())) your son ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) I hope you have a quiet day. the surgery are letting us know when our flu jabs are he is coming to us to give it. love to Paul ((())) Lucy (()) Charley ((())) and her girlfriend ((())) Tia ((())) Kari ((())) Prom (((()))

thank you for saying about Chris

Chris I've had a few Mri scans's don't worry its one way of telling how your ankle is and if it's healing OK.

We are with you all the way ((()))

Love to Bill ((()) Mig ((())Kath (()) and family Carol ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    Options

Morning all..lovely and sunny here...makes you feel so much better

Toni did I really put under the clock

Hahaha thats predictive text for you..when I start to type your name it puts tonight ....

Yes please let us know how our Chris is doing.. we do worry about one another..bless her...

Thank you for the cheese on toast...very tasty indeed but had to scrape some cheese off.. can't have the salt...:(

Hope the girls get there keys soon..must have a bottle of something ready for them xx

Joan how good that the nurse is coming to you..much easier and safer...

Are you out and about today ...im just pottering in the garden...love to all of you xx

Love to everyone

Xxxxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • CatLady1
    CatLady1 Member Posts: 64
    Options

Hi to all my cafe friends. Feeling very tired. Just had my lunch - soup and ice-cream.

Felt relaxed once I was in the MRI scan. Sleek came and cuddled down on my shoulder and purred into my ear.

I could hear the rustling of the Cape and all the giggling. Knowing I had friends around helped a lot

Now for a nap. I feel shattered.

Gentle hugs to you all.

Chris

• frogmorton
    Options

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chris - lovely to see you well done for getting in the site.

Sleek reckoned it was lovely and comfy by your shoulder. She has a lovely purr as you know.

Sorry about the giggling we are bad when we get together under that cloak. I have a feeling Aidan was there too somehow I felt him inside the Cloak of many rooms....??

You sleep well now and look after yourself ((()))

Joan you are quite right MRIs don't hurt, but do feel rather closed in for some of us. I am so pleased someone is coming to give YOU your flu jabs🙂 The girls have been told they will get the keys on 24th - it's aThursday.

Hi Barbara so I am 'tonight' am I? Aidan used to be 'Sudan' on mine!

The cloak is clearly the 'clock too🙄

I will get some low salt cheese in for you leave it with me...

I just told Joan the girls should be getting the keys on Thursday 24th - they can't wait!! A bottle of something?🍾definitely!!

Shall I do us a cake?

Plenty of choice!

• Kitty
    Options

Daily Poem

The Promise

BY JANE HIRSHFIELD

Stay, I said

to the cut flowers.

They bowed

their heads lower.

Stay, I said to the spider,

who fled.

Stay, leaf.

It reddened,

embarrassed for me and itself.

Stay, I said to my body.

It sat as a dog does,

obedient for a moment,

soon starting to tremble.

Stay, to the earth

of riverine valley meadows,

of fossiled escarpments,

of limestone and sandstone.

It looked back

with a changing expression, in silence.

Stay, I said to my loves.

Each answered,

Always.

Oh boy, did I have a day yesterday to do my blood test. She didn't! So we had an anxious day waiting on tenterhooks. Anyway, she came today and not only did my blood test she also took my blood pressure. I wore one of my Macmillan masks.

Hello Chris, very happy to see you had your MRI with Sleek cuddling up and keeping her eye on you. What would we do without her, bless her whiskers. 🐱

Toni, Thank you for the cheesy toast it was scrummy. 🧀

Barbara, predictive text is the bane of my life. It comes up with some weird concoctions. 🙄

Joan, we've had some reasonably nice weather recently. Have you and Sue been getting out and about?

Steamed Broccoli with Sesame and Chilli

This is great. Try adding toasted nuts or seeds - or smoked tofu - for a protein boost!

Ingredients: 

• 1 head of broccoli, broken into florets
    • 1 tbsp soya sauce - use tamari for a g/f option
    • 1/4 red chilli, chopped into tiny pieces
    • 1 tsp sesame oil
    • 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
    • 1 tsp lemon or lime juice

Method: 

1. Prepare and steam your broccoli for five mins, so it remains crunchy to the bite.

2. Meanwhile, mixed all the other ingredients together in a small bowl, then pour over the broccoli when it has cooked . Add any other additions now if using, eg nuts or tofu - and serve.

• frogmorton
    Options

Mmmmm lovely side there Kath - I think even people who don't like veggies would have to like that!

I am glad you finally got your bloods done and BP too (are you having your flu jab at home like Joan?) hope all was well. Good idea to wear a mask. Macmillan always good too 🙂

Sleek read what said about her! She was really chuffed preening she is😉

Is your Dad going to his club today? I hope they have worked out that they can and keep safe. They really need the social interaction don't they?

Stay is a lovely poem. Took to reads through to properly 'get' it but it's lovely. Only love is forever! ❤️ Thank you xx

Today is going to be another nice day.

Tia will be back tomorrow afternoon so have only two more visits to her pusskins.

Hi to Joan I answered your post above, but hope all is well today.

Will get the breakfast on....omelette I fancy (mine will be chickpea flour of course)

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Barbara ((())) yes we go out every day. How are you feeling. love to Mr B ((())) your son ((())) and your brother ((()))

Chris ((()) I'm pleased the Mri is done for you now it's the waiting good luck.

Kath ((())) I hope your blood pressure was good. Love to Chris (()) Anita ((())) Val ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Toni ((())) that's good news Charley ((())) and her girlfriend (((())) getting the keys. Love to Paul ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) Kari ((())) and Pom ((()))

Love to Bill ((())) Mig ((())) Carol (((())))

take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    Options

Morning all..

Joan its such nice weather to be out and about..thankyou again for all the hugs ..you are always so kind...love to all of you..xx

Chris how lovely to hear from you..we are naughty aren't we giggling like that....you continue to recover and we will be here when needed xxx

Kath I really like the poem..it says it all about love...glad you at last got your blood done..and your blood pressure..when I type post it comes up with a rude word...did it again then...hahaha..thankyou for the broccoli recipe ..think I will try pine nuts with it..love them...xx

Toni so the girl have a date..ooh fingers crossed for them.

Thankyou for the omelette and l for ooking out for low salt cheese..if you find some let me know..

Wasn't it nice to hear from Chris.:)..

So cat sitting is nearly overnight for now..she or he will be following you home...

Right that me for now

Another lovely day so will potter..I have my fitbit on..forgot I had it in my drawer...

Love to everyone

Xxxxxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • Kitty
    Options

Daily Poem

Lullaby

Megan Merchant

I.

Words dull us drowsy,

so we tuck books

into bed.

In one, a herd of elephants

lives under the surface

and holds up

the weight of this world,

when one bows his head,

weary,

we quake.

In another, a catfish swims

beneath the surface

when he thrashes about

the world shakes.

Our stability

is at the mercy

of inhumed hearts.

II.

I trace circles

along my son’s back,

the river of nerves

under a ridgeline

of bone,

the smooth

corners that wear memory

down to a science.

I dream

that fish have

no memory,

I dream from what

I’ve been told,

but catfish can recall

the sound of a human

voice five years

after.

When I hum

this lullaby

it is to calm

the tusks,

the caudal fin,

the myths under

this world that

hold us steady

and let us glimpse

dreams

before

we are rocked

to sleep.

Hello everybody. We had the fright of our lives this morning. It's Tesco day, so I checked online to see how much (if any) of our order is unavailable. Went to the order list - IT WASN'T THERE! So I rang them. There was a message to say they were having problems with the website and the technicians were sorting it. Then I spoke to someone who checked, and reassured us we definitely have an order today. But she didn't know why we couldn't see it! So, we'll see what happens between 12-1pm. I needed this lullaby to calm me down. Quick, send me a dozen bush babies to soothe me please. 😕

Joan, my blood pressure was 130/70 with a pulse of 75. It used to be about 190/85 with a pulse of 80. So I'm very pleased all my BP tablets are working. 😊

Toni, thank you for the mushroom omelet. Yes I will be having my flu jab at home, so will Chris. Well I only told the truth about Sleek, credit where credit's due. 🐈️

Barbara, I'm glad you liked the poem and the recipe. Let's see what I can find today.

Kale and Mushroom Toasted Quinoa Pilaf

SERVES: 4

Ingredients:

120g (4.2oz) quinoa

600ml (1.05 pint) hot chicken or vegetable stock

200g (7oz) sliced mushrooms

2 large handfuls of kale (woody stems torn out)

1tbsp extra virgin olive oil

1 clove garlic, crushed (or you can use dried garlic granules or ready made paste)

To season:

1tbsp lemon juice

2tbsp parmesan cheese (or for a diary free version, try nutritional yeast)

Black pepper to taste

Recipe Summary

Here’s a warming, super healthy, arthritis friendly dish to start your New Year with. Quinoa (pronounced keen-wa) is a small seed that is cooked and served like rice or couscous. It is gluten free with a nutty, mild flavour and is unusual in that it is a complete plant protein source, containing all 9 amino acids. It’s quite widely available in supermarkets and health food stores nowadays. I find the flavour best if it’s lightly toasted first in the pan before you add any fluid. If you struggle to find it or want a substitute this recipe will also work well with brown rice but you will need to adjust the cooking times accordingly.

Enjoy vegetables at their seasonal best. Kale is available in abundance in the winter and is a wonderful source of vitamin K which some studies suggest can slow cartilage deterioration in osteoarthritis. It also contains sulphurous compounds that have an anti-inflammatory effect. Mushrooms add a good dose of healthy fibre and folate.

A good tip for using lemon juice when you have arthritis in your fingers, is to pop the lemon in the microwave for 10 seconds before cutting open to squeeze. This makes it much easier to extract the juice. If you don’t have a microwave you can also just roll it on a board firmly a few times before slicing.

Method:

Put the quinoa in a pan over a medium heat. Let it sit and toast until it begins to pop, then remove from the heat and stir in the olive oil, garlic, hot stock, mushrooms and kale.

Cover the pan and simmer until all the stock has been absorbed and the little white edge of the quinoa seed has separated from the grain.

Fluff up the quinoa and season with the lemon juice, parmesan and pepper. Serve immediately or allow cooling at room temperature. Enjoy as a warm salad.

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) that's good your blood pressure has gone down all the problems to day it's no wonder it goes up.

love to Chris (((())) Anita (())) and Val ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) today is colder. love to Mr B (((())) and your son ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) I hope. all s well. Love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and her girlfriend ((())) Tia (((())) Lucy (((())) Kari ((())) Prom ((()))

Love to Bill ((())) Chris ((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • frogmorton
    Options

There you go Barbara - one of each Jessie is the girl tortie and Oreo is the black and white boy. never mind following me they wanted a ride!!

It was lovely to hear from Chris. I don't like it when one of us is ill.

Naughty phone swearing!!!

Joan all is well yes here. Paul is having his brake pads changed on the van this morning, but apart from that I hope a quiet day. All ok with you and Sue? and of course those wonderful carers? ((())) xxx

Kath the lullabye was lovely thank you. Very sweet bought back memories of reading stories and singing to my girls. 🤗

Your order didn't come once before so you were right to feel super-nervous about the 'missing' order online! the bushbabies took their own jammie dodgers (now vegan!) just in case you didn't have any!

The Kale and Mushroom Toasted Quinoa Pilaf looks really yum thanks I will fill my tubs for Kari and me if I may.

Sleek is preening again! Bless her but it's true my favourite is when she comes into the bedroom and purrs at me when I'm asleep. I know it wakes me up, but it's adorable. I feel loved😻

Your BP and heart rate sound tickety boo 👍️

It's Saturday (Caturday) morning so we will have our Aidan-special - Croissants and coffee. I am sure Aidan is up there eating his too with Dad and the cats. Watch out for crumbs...!