Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options

Evening everyone

Yippie I can hear again properly from my right ear. Thought she wasn’t going to do it she sort of tried to waylay it saying she likes to leave it a couple of weeks of putting drops in case there is an infection, to which I replied that it had been nearly 3 weeks since the First drops were started. Told her the stuffed up feeling in my ear was driving me crazy. So she relented and said she would syringe it on low pressure And made me promise to tell her if it caused any pain and she would have to stop. Of course it didn’t and she managed to clear the wax. I will still attend the audiology appt whenever I get it and then I will be sure that it was only the wax causing the problem. If you have never had your ears syringed there is nothing to it just feels most odd.

Barbara thank you for you comment about Lillie I haven’t spoke granddaughter so don’t know the results of Lillie’s test must ring her tomorrow to find out. I do like you floor but I can see what you mean about sending you queasy but as you say you will get used to it. Hope your bloods go well next week.

Grandson is happy as he has managed to get himself a job. Portering in the hospital it’s through the agency whilst he is training , hopefully it will lead to something more permanent

Toni I really don’t know why that post would be seen a spam considering it had already posted one and I edited it. As I say technology 😂🤣🤣

Kath thank you for saying you miss me don’t worry I haven’t gone for good I get too much comfort from the peoples in the cafe to do that 😀.

it’s time for me to potter around a bit before bed.

love and sparkles to you all.

❤️❤️❤️❤️🌈🌈🌈🌈

Stay positive always👍xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,457
    Options

Kath Sleek said yes you're right it was Tospy T as they all call her..... 2nd cousin twice removed. She is very pleased you know her. wants to have a chat sometime about the family. She's just back in now from early rounds and there's a puddle under the airer where she's hung up her mackintosh. She never forgets she's a good girl like that.

I enjoyed the poem, but Kath have you been looking at the metaphysical poets recently?🤔

I expect you heard from Dad yesterday would have been his club I hope it went ahead social distanced and less than 6.

Barbara the floor is too busy for your eyes? Oh dear l do hope you get used to it it's so stylish😕Daisy says it's a great floor for gliding on.

Well I have to agree about funerals. Tarm Moor was a wonderful spot I really loved it up there where our Aidan is resting. Imagine - It's nearly 9 months now since we lost him 😔

P is still doing amazingly well. She's at her daughter's this week and the two of them have been painting. How lovely is that? She's doing one of the village cart.

Joan good you need your flu vaccine as early as possible in the season safety first. I am having mine on Sunday and Paul will have his too, but we have to pay for him. (((())))

Carol yipeeeeee! I am so pleased for you. Now you can hear Mr T's so so quiet voice again. Funny you could always hear your daughter though isn't it? 🙄I'm glad you were assertive because it really has gone on long enough! I always thought ear syringing might make me a bit woozy to be honest, but be a relief in the end too.

Grotty wet day here poor Sleek will stay in unless she 'has' to go out bless her. I hope you don't need to go far on the bus today. I feel like hiding inside.

Maybe the system things you are a spammer if you post in rapid succession after all that can be what spammers do.🤔

Paul is going to take me a ride in the van this morning I love that I can see for miles up there.

Yes you make sure you don't go for good ever we miss our café crew.

Love to Christine - I hope your sight is beginning to come back.

Also to Chris will message and see if you have escaped yet I don't think so or you would be in here. of course to mig ((()))

It's Saturday so has to be croissants and coffee

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,943
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) I hope the weather isn't to bad there. Love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) Val ((()) and your Dad (())))

When I was young my nick name was topsy or topity top I used to bounce on my grans lap.

Barbara ((())) Good luck with your bloods next week. That's good no water infection. Love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and your brother ((()) and his girlfriend ((()))

Carol ((())) Good luck having your ears syringed love to Mr T ((())) how is Lillie ((()))

Toni ((())) I hope all is as well as it can be. love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) her girlfriend ((()))) Lucy ((()) Tia ((())) Kari ((())) Pom ((()))

love to Bill ((()) Mig (((())) Chris ((())) Christine ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Morning all cold and wet here..how it effects our mood..no Niamh today .. there teacher has tested positive for covid..and our little pub that does fantastic food has had to close...😒

Carol I am so pleased you can now hear..I am going to tell mr B about your post then hopefully he will go and get something done..bet it feels amazing..😁

Good luck to your GS in his new job xx

Toni I forgot to say I loved the pic of the pussikins in its waterproofs..😅

Thankyou for breakfast..Aidan loved his croissants.. and got me buying them..

I used to like traveling in our van cause it was high up...we are easily pleased bless..😅

Slowly getting used to the flooring ..we had plain wood but it was so slippy when wet ..at least I feel safe...and miss sleek can glide till her hearts content..😁xx

Joan thankyou i am pleased im having my bloods done at last..they were due in May but can't grumble,its unusual times..have you and Sue had your flu jabs.. sorry if you have already said..xx

Love to everyone

Xxxxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Gaily Poem

GOOSE FAIR

Are ‘yo goin danh’ Goose Fair?

The thrill of it all is a family affair

There's hot dogs, mushy peas, all goodies they sell

Cockles, mussels and crabs in their shell

Candy floss, toffee apples, brandy snap and ice cream

There's lots of rides, some make you scream.

Big wheel, waltzers, dodgems --to name a few

Lots of side shows for you to view

You can throw a dart or hook a duck

Win on bingo with a bit of luck

Enjoy all you can and just take care

Because it won't be back for another year

So when you walk home, and look back on the sign

Where the Goose Fair was held over 700 times.

Let your memories go back to when you were young

Nottingham Goose Fair has always been fun

Our Goose Fair is one of the best

It's held on Nottingham Forest

It's proper Goose Fair weather, wrap up warm, and get yer wellies on kids !

Goose Fair - you've been around so long 

First time you were mentioned is 1541

Then 1646, the plague cancelled the fair

Not to return until the following year

1752, the fair went on, folks were pleased 

1766, a riot about cheese

1805, a wild beast show

1813, a banned merry-go- (round)

1819, Madame Tussauds exhibition was grand

1855, the first big wheel turned by hand 

1888, a parachute jump  - 50 tricks on a bike "one you'll like”

1890, a midget and baby to see 

1892, the performers were flea after flea.

1898. the showmen were named regarding attractions at the fair 

1906, Big Wheel, Helter Skeltermotor cars, they were all there 

1908, a heatwave and photographers while you wait 

1909, teddy bear rides and haunted castle, some folks were scared and in a state 

1910, new scenic railway 

1911 a ghost show 

1912, wiggle wiggle,

1913 bioscope last time to show 

1915, proved another good year 

1927, the last in the Square 

1932, the new Yo- Yo

1938, change of rides, some had to go 

1939, to 45, no fair because of war 

1947, two big wheels, a new waltzer - who could ask for more? 

1948, Sky Rockets and Cooper Plane  "hold your breath”

1949, the famous Wall of Death 

1950 to present day, the list of rides has grown 

2020 Covid cancelled it.

More to follow .........

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• Kitty
    Options

Two photos of dad at the Friday club Goose Fair day. They had hot dogs, mushy peas and candyfloss.

Notice the face shields and social distancing.

Homemade Veggie Dogs

It's easier than you can imagine to make your own vegan hot dogs! And they're so much healthier when you control the ingredients.

Prep Time20 minutes

Cook Time45 minutes

Total Time1 hour 5 minutes

Servings8

Ingredients

• 1/2 medium onion coarsely chopped
    • 1/2 medium onion coarsely chopped
    • 3 cloves garlic
    • 3 cloves garlic
    • 3/4 cup cooked pinto beans well-drained
    • 3/4 cup cooked pinto beans well-drained
    • 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
    • 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
    • 2 tablespoons coconut aminos or soy sauce
    • 2 tablespoons coconut aminos or soy sauce
    • 1 tablespoon tomato paste
    • 1 tablespoon tomato paste
    • 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
    • 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
    • 1 teaspoon ground coriander
    • 1 teaspoon ground coriander
    • 1 teaspoon ground mustard
    • 1 teaspoon ground mustard
    • 1/2 teaspoon white or black pepper
    • 1/2 teaspoon white or black pepper
    • 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
    • 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
    • 1/4 teaspoon mace
    • 1/4 teaspoon mace
    • 1/8 teaspoon hickory smoked salt optional but good
    • 1/8 teaspoon hickory smoked salt optional but good
    • 1 cup vital wheat gluten
    • 1 cup vital wheat gluten
    • 1/3 cup oatmeal rolled or quick oats, uncooked
    • 1/3 cup oatmeal rolled or quick oats, uncooked
    • 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
    • 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
    • 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
    • 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds

Instructions

• Put the onion and garlic into a food processor and pulse to chop finely. Heat a small non-stick skillet. Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is softened, about 3 minutes. Transfer onion mixture back to food processor.
    • Add the pinto beans, water, coconut aminos or soy sauce, tomato paste, and all seasonings to the food processor. Blend until it’s a thin paste.
    • Combine remaining ingredients (gluten, oatmeal, yeast, and flax) in a large mixing bowl. Add the contents of the food processor and stir until combined. If it seems that there’s not enough moisture, add another tablespoon or two of water. Knead in the bowl for about two minutes until a heavy gluten “dough” is formed.
    • Cut off 8 pieces of aluminum foil or parchment paper, each about 6 inches long. Divide the gluten into 8 equal pieces. Place a piece of foil or parchment on the counter. Roll a piece of gluten between the palms of your hands until it’s about the size and shape of a hot dog. Place it on the foil/paper and roll up. Roll the tube back and forth, pressing lightly with your hands, to give it an even shape, and then twist the ends closed. Repeat with the remaining gluten to form 8 veggie hot dogs.
    • Set up a steamer in a pot and add enough water to come just below the bottom of the steamer. Begin heating the water. Place all the veggie dogs in the steamer, cover, and steam for 45 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before unwrapping. Store the veggie dogs in a covered container in the refrigerator. Warm gently in a frying pan or microwave or on a grill before serving

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• frogmorton
    Options

WONDERFUL poem Kath I love Goose fair. Well I did the many times I went to join my Nottingham friends. I probably said I used to volunteer in Nottingham W Bridgeford so was always their in my mis-spent youth! COVID like the plague cancels it I expect😕

Great photo of the Friday club they look very well spaced - hope they all have their hearing aids on bless them! I bet it's the highlight of their week.

Sleek came over early doors as you'll know with ROSIE! what did you make of her? I bet you knew when she sat on your bed she is rather plumptious as Aidan used to say😁

Thank you I will have a hot dog if I may a plenty of fried onions 😘

Barbara I am glad the floor is growing on you I think it's lovely really posh. Sleek and Rosie have polished it for you gliding😄 Sleek says thank you she loves her mackintosh and Sou'wester.

Let's hope no harm has been done with the delay of your blood test eh? Hopefully not. Yes we quite understand don't we? Life has been very odd this year.

Sounds as though COVID is getting uncomfortably close to you. ((())) everything crossed that you will be safe and those who are infected at the pub and Niamh's teacher get well soon. At least you are in here we are definitely socially distanced!!

Joan - topsy eh? I take it the name stuck then. Does Sue still call you by your nick-name ever? Kari had a pusskin called Topsy you know she was gorgeous. Hope all is well anyway with you both ((()))

Flu jabs for us this morning sore arm for a day or two then 🙄

Love to Christine, Chris, Carol and mig.

Slightly smaller than last week - note the mug of 'builders'

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Carol ((())) it was worth having your ears syringed to be able to hear again. Love to Mr T ((()))

Kath ((())) have you got rain. Your Dad's ((())) club is a nice place for him to go and meet his friends . Love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) Val ((()))

Barbara ((())) I'm sorry about the virus and your pub closing. love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) enjoy your ride in the van. Love to Paul ((()) Charley ((())) and her girl friend ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia (((())) Kari (((())) Pom ((())) is doing well. it seems longer than that since Aidan left us so sad he would have probably caught the virus I think.

Love to Bill ((())) Chris ((())) Mig ((())) Christine ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    edited 4. Oct 2020, 12:41
    Options

Where He Fell

This is where he fell,

his soft flesh torn by bullets.

The soldiers didn't know his name,

or where he came from.

Now he is no longer Christian,

Muslim, Jew, whatever.

His spirit soars above the world,

his tears fall on burning desert,

frozen wastes, urban jungles.

Their saltiness brings no relief,

as futile as the war that killed him.

Joan, yes we had rain followed by more rain. 🙄 Thankfully it's a little brighter today.

Toni, dad doesn't wear a hearing aid, but I'm sure some of them do. The gentleman with the luxurious beard has Parkinson's. I'm awl ovver that breakfast as Matron would say. I rather like plumptious cats. My own dear Smutty was generously built. I hope you had plenty of onions on your hot dogs.

Love to Carol, Barbara, mig, Chris, Mike, and all our friends who visit the cafe. I'll put a recipe in the very neglected Matron's Munchies. Is that what it's name is? 🥪 Still keeping to the war time theme.

• barbara12
    Options

Evening all

Kath I have always loved fairs but never been to Nottingham.. it sounds so good and all the information on it..gosh did you say 700 years..

Were he fell is so moving..yes I totally agree how futile wars are..😪

Don't they look happy at dads club..Well at least the lady does😅..how lovely to get the goodie bag...i want the candy floss and thankyou for the recipes.. xx

Joan we can live without the pub ...I hope your hand isnt to painful...so you were topsy-turvy ..or have I got that wrong.. xx

Toni what a breakfast thankyou..

Yes the flooring us growing on me..or is it just growing 😅

Did you have a nice ride out in Paul's van..I hope you did..the weather has been quite nice.. but what about the awful floods in France..the poor things ..how are the girls doing in there new house xx

Love to everyone

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    edited 5. Oct 2020, 06:14
    Options

My arm is not happy after yesterday's flu jab

I know Barbara Aidan's and my precious France. He would have been devastated as am I 😓Such and incredible shocking thing to happen. Storm Alex? Sounds harmless🙄😥

So the flooring is... er growing on you. I don't think it's actually growing surely ! has it stopped 'moving' for you yet? Sleek has been over again with Rosie and Darcey gliding.

You can certainly live without the pub what you mustn't do is catch the virus. That's the important thing. How are the people do you know? I bet they aren't getting the care Mr Trump is getting🙄

We did have a great ride out we always do chatting and singing to absolute 80's!

Kath I shall see what you have posted in munchies....we aren't going in there enough are we? and it's our tribute to Aidan too.

Glad dad's hearing is ok and bet they all call his bearded friend Santa Claus!

Smutty was 'generously built' too? Well why ever not. You have reserves to fall back on then if you aren't so well ever. Sleek as we all know (AKA Miss Slimkins) is very very slender . She reckons she is related to smutty if she goes back on Catcestry .

The poem was so sad and so true the poppy field is wonderful so pretty and appropriate thank you.

Joan yes P is so far doing very well. I hope it continues for a good while. We had a lovely ride out in the van thanks we always do 🙂 Been raining again overnight hope it's dry enough for you and Sue to walk the dogs ((()))

Christine (Catlady) hasn't yet escaped form hospital as she has to wait for her care package. Should be this Wednesday. Her daughter will pick her up so I am sure she will be in touch towards the end of the week. Bless her.

I hope Chris (applerose) is on the mend with her eyes too. Wonder if the sight is coming back by now.

Love also to Carol ever patient with Mr T 🙄Our Church opened yesterday we had 25 attendees. That was 11 families or couples.

Some breakfast....what shall we have???

Gone with muesli after yesterday's naughty breakfast I thought we ought to be healthy.

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) are your deliveries all right now. Love to Chris's leg now ((())) love to Anita ((()) and Val ((())) and your Dad((())))

Barbara ((())) I hope your brother's ((()))) scan went well. Love to his girlfriend ((())) and your son (((())) and Mr B ((())) my hand is not so painful now thank you.

Toni (((()))) sorry your arm is so sore ((())) love to Paul ((()))Charley ((())) and her girlfriend ((())) Lucy (((()))) Tia (((()))) Kari (((())) and Pom (((())) thank you for the update on Chris (((()))) she must have hurt her ankle bad.

love to Bill (((())) Christine (((()))) Carol (((()))) Mig (((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    edited 5. Oct 2020, 11:15
    Options

Morning all nice and sunny here ooh just realised its afternoon..were did that go.. 😅

Toni thankyou for the muesli..our gd made some when she was here.

Glad you enjoyed your trip out..a nice change

Its good to know Chris will be home soon..nothing like you own bed bless her its been a long haul...and nice to hear P is doing OK...x

Quite a few from the pub have tested positive.. but it felt so safe when we were there..plenty of room between people and they were cleaning regular.. but suppose if someone coughs..🙄I have the test app but not had any notice to get tested..

I had a sore arm from the flu jab..but I usually do..First time I have had a bit of a cold though. Suppose it means its working xx

Joan my brother scan is showing some growth in a secondary ..so they ask him to sign another form for more of the trial ..but he says he feels fine in his self..I hope all is OK for you Sue and the doggies.. xxxx

I hope Christine's eye is healing well..xx

Love to everyone

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • Kitty
    Options

Daily Poem

Sonnet 116: Let me not to the marriage of true minds

BY WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE

Let me not to the marriage of true minds

Admit impediments. Love is not love

Which alters when it alteration finds,

Or bends with the remover to remove.

O no! it is an ever-fixed mark

That looks on tempests and is never shaken;

It is the star to every wand'ring bark,

Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.

Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks

Within his bending sickle's compass come;

Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,

But bears it out even to the edge of doom.

If this be error and upon me prov'd,

I never writ, nor no man ever lov'd.

My middle daughter Helen accepted a proposal of marriage by her long term partner Emma. These are photos of them posted on FaceBook.

Helen showing off her engagement ring.

Emma is several years younger than Helen.

Joan, yes our deliveries are fine thank you. We hope they will continue to be so.

Barbara, so you have a sore arm after your flu jab. I hope it stops being sore soon.

Toni, thank you for the Meusli, very healthy. We have found a new shopping site we hope to try. https://webother.co.uk/ It's worth a look.

I'm going to continue posting recipes on Matrons Munchies. See you there.

• frogmorton
    Options

Eeek Kath that's not quite how I lay my table😳 Go for it with that delivery firm then all you need is the fresh perishable stuff delivered by Tesco. Let me know how it goes.

I use Splosh for my cleaning products (ENV. friendly) it does help.

Well how LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Many congratulations to your daughter Helen and her fiancée Emma!! I do hope that means we'll have another wedding soon.🙂🥂 They look very good together in their woolley hats!

Yes we must use Munchies it was set up for our beloved Aidan and we have neglected it.😕

Barbara I hope your bro's secondaries don't indicate too much to worry about all being well more of his chemo should help everything is crossed ((())) Feeling well enough is a good sign.🌈

Weird that a few have tested positive at the pub - chances are they all got it (maybe even mixed together) a different day to the day you went in. You would have got called if needs be I'm sure.

Chris can't wait to get home I think it should be tomorrow as you say she will love being back home won't she and able to get online again.

I usually get a sore arm too after my flu jab , but it's worth it and will have gone off I hope before tonight🤞

Joan I know I think Chris must have come a right cropper musn't she? Bless her. Hope you and Sue are well? we are all well here ((()))

Love as ever to Chris, Christine Carol and mig.

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) lovely photo's of Helen ((())) and Emma ((())) Good luck to them love to Chris (((())) Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara (((()))) sorry about your brother having a growth in another place (((()))) Good that he feels alright.

Love to his girlfriend ((())) and your son (((()))) yes we are taking the dogs out.

Toni (((()))) how is your lovely neighbour ((())) love to Paul (((())) Lucy (((())) Charley (((()))) and her girlfriend ((())) Tia (((()))) Kari ((())) Pom ((()))

love to Bill ((())) Chris ((())) Carol (((())) Mig (((()))) Christine ((())))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Daily Poem

A Sleepless Night

By: Philip Levine

April, and the last of the plum blossoms

scatters on the black grass

before dawn. The sycamore, the lime,

the struck pine inhale

the first pale hints of sky.

An iron day,

I think, yet it will come

dazzling, the light

rise from the belly of leaves and pour

burning from the cups

of poppies.

The mockingbird squawks

from his perch, fidgets,

and settles back. The snail, awake

for good, trembles from his shell

and sets sail for China. My hand dances

in the memory of a million vanished stars.

A man has every place to lay his head.

Plum Blossom

Excuse me if I seem distracted, but I'm tracking a parcel on Amazon. My second today! We were hoping they would arrive together - but no. They are nothing exciting, I'm stocking up on incontinence pads and toilet rolls. They are arriving by Monday. 🙄

Toni, we didn't bother with that other place, We might one day, It's gone very dark here, it was quite sunny earlier. OK, so over to Matron's tata for now.

• barbara12
    Options

Evening all..we have floods again..Mr B had to drive very slowly to get round the roundabout off our new rd..but nothing has bad has the people in France and Italy 😪

Joan thankyou my brother is one for making the most of things..like you and Sue 🙂hope you are keeping nice and warm..xx

Toni was that tea bread for breakfast.. and a nice cuppa

My brother just says he is getting more of

the trial whatever that is ....anyhow he sound OK for the min ...🙂

Poor Chris like you say she must have had an hard fall bless her .hopefully she will get home tomorrow...x

the pub is having a deep clean..but we won't be going back for a while xx

Kath hope yourorder came..they are essentials...what a lovely photo of your daughter and fiance ...they look so happy many congratulation to them 💕

Two good poems thankyou i find Shakespeare hard work though 🤫but a clever writer..the plum blossom is a gorgeous colour.xx

I think they are going to close lots of schools and think Niamhs will be one ..this dreaded virus...

Love to everyone

Xxxxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Morning!

My brother says it will be a sunny day today....we shall see. He wants to take some arty pics of Penelope.🙄

Joan thank you for asking - my lovely neighbour is doing so well. She had a short spell (3 days) in hospital the week before last with a chest infection, but is safely home now 🙂 Hope all is well at yours? How is the hand?

Kath not going to try the new site for now. Kari ordered us some more loo roll from 'Who gives a c**p' so we have plenty and my splosh order is up to date too. Ocado coming this morning.

I have two amazon orders outstanding and I can't even remember what for it's been so very long.😁 I hope yours came at a civilized hour. Now we have our new porch they can put ours in there, but need a new doorbell for outside the porch. Wondering about a ring.

Thank you for the poem - not the simplest to understand, but I love April and all the blossoms - beautiful photo of blossom.

Will nip into Munchies....

Barbara I presume it's some sort of chemo your bro is having or a targeted immune/hormone therapy your bro is having. Anyway so long as it works who cares?! ((()))🌈

Ah yes Chris should be home today I bet she can't wait. But she'll be as weak as a kitten won't she?

Yes I would deep clean the pub if I owned it and do you really think schools will close including Niamh's? How many are affected there then? Keep well away from the pub for several months I hope they are still doing take-away when they re-open.

The Radford has burst it's banks again here and many roads have little streams running across them here too.

My bro went up to Dewsbury yesterday and bought a car!

Love to Chris and Christine Carol and mig

Veg/vegan option available

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) I hope your. Parcels arrive to day . Love to Chris ((())) and Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and your Dad (((()))

Barbara ((())) all the worry this virus is causing some people don't want to go out. love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and your brother ((()) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) has Charley ((())) still got the virus I know you said you can feel bad for a long time ( and her girlfriend ((())) love to Paul ((())) Lucy (((())) Tia ((())) Kari (((())) and Pom (((()))

Love to Bill ((())) Chris ((())) Carol ((()))Mig (((()))Christine (((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Daily Poem

A City Afternoon

By: Edith Wyatt

Green afternoon serene and bright, along my street you sail away

Sun-dappled like a ship of light that glints upon a rippled bay.

Afar, freight-engines call and toll; the sprays flash on the fragrant grass;

The children and the nurses stroll; the charging motors plunge and pass.

Invisibly the shadows grow, empurpling in a rising tide

The walks where light-gowned women go, white curb, gray asphalt iris-dyed.

A jolting trolley shrills afar; nasturtiums blow, and ivy vines;

Wet scents of turf and black-smoothed tar float down the roof-trees’ vergent lines.

Where will you go, my afternoon, that glints so still and swift away,

Blue-shaded like a ship of light bound outward from a wimpled bay?

Oh—thrilling, pulsing, dark and bright, shall you, your work, your pain, your mirth,

Fly into the immortal night and silence of our mother earth?

She bore all Eden’s green and dew, and Persia’s scented wine and rose,

And, flowering white against the blue, acanthus leaf and marbled pose.

And deep the Maenad’s choric dance, Crusader’s cross, and heathen crest

Lie sunk with rose and song and lance all veiled and vanished in her breast.

And all those afternoons once danced and sparkled in the sapphire light

And iris shade as you have glanced, green afternoon, in vibrant flight.

As, down dim vistas, echoing, dead afternoons entreat our days,

What breath of beauty will you sing to souls unseen and unknown ways?

How close and how unanswering, green afternoon, you pulse away,

So little and so great a thing—deep towards the bourne of every day.

Joan, The first two parcels arrived yesterday. One is being delivered by Royal Mail by Saturday and the third will be delivered by Hermes on Monday. So hooray for that.

Toni, is that a bacon sarnie I see there? And a bowl of tomato soup - SLURP. Thank you. Derbyshire had two school fires in as many days. One has been proved to be arson, but as yet I don't know about the other. Neither of them had sprinklers!!!!

Barbara, I'm so pleased your brother is doing well and continuing with the trial. I too find Shakespear difficult.

Love to Carol, Chris and mig.

Right, Matron's Munchies here I come.

• barbara12
    Options

Afternoon all.. the sun is shining after the rain..🙂

Toni thankyou for the vegi bacon sandwich and was that tomatoes sauce.. I am a brown sauce person...Niamh would enjoy that though..

I am glad that P is home after the chest infection..it must have shook her up bless..so your brother is taking photos of your car..or is it his ..

Yes we will leave any cafes or pubs from now on...🙄

Now the ring my neighbour had one and it was brilliant till the WiFi dropped..if you have a good signal it will be fine for your porch..good name for a toilet roll company 😅xx

Joan it is scary times..but nice to get outside when it's dry..some people are struggling long term with the virus..but we have an 86 year old in our rd that has come out if hospital with no problems ..love to all of you xx

Kath I am glad someone else finds Shakespeare hard work..but what a brain he had...

Some lovely lines in the last poem...pulls at the heart strings..

I had 2 parcels delivered today one behind our blue bin and one in...🤔

So sad about the schools.. we had a spate a few years ago..xx

Bought my first Christmas present..I know what Aidan would have said.. humbug....

Love to everyone

Xxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Sleek wants to pop up here too she's already been in Munchies

Joan thanks for asking the girls are absolutely fine now after their nasty brush with COVID. Thank goodness. Sleek isn't happy it's raining so she's going to stay inside today.

Kath that poem is really clever - I really enjoyed it, but at the end of the day (literally!) time flies!

The tomato soup was tomato sauce, but i forgot Barbara likes brown sauce. I expect she fetched it out of the cupboard anyway.

I am going to have porridge tomorrow or today maybe for lunch (I've done that before!!) so I can try 'brains'!! as per your Munchies recipe.

Gosh how awful about the schools I do hope it wasn't ason the second one too. People are dreadful fire is lethal 😠

Barbara I am so sorry i forgot your brown sauce - did you help yourself out of the fridge?

I have got one or two presents ready too (sorry Aidan!!) but mostly am thinking money this year will be easier and probably more useful.

Two people in the village have a ring doorbell so assuming the signal is good enough, but l will wait now until the 13th as that is prime day so they should be on offer cheap.

******************************SOME GOOD NEWS!*******************************

Christine (Catlady) is safely home from hospital. I'm sure she'll tell us all the saga, but her cast is off now and she has a 'boot' instead.

Love of course to Carol (hope all is well with the family and Mr T) and Christine (hope the eye is now 20:20 vision) and Mig (how is the crochet going?)

• frogmorton
    Options

My bro took some arty pics of Penelope....

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath (()))) that's good you have your parcels. Love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) Val ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara (((())) your brother has done so well ((()))) yes you have to go out or you can get that you don't want to.

Love to your son ((())) and Niamh (((())))

Toni (((())) that's a car to be proud of. have you tried Quorn sausages they have a nice taste. that's good Charley ((())) and her girlfriend (((()))) have no side effects from the virus. Love to Paul ((()))) Lucy ((()))) Tia (((()))) Kari ((())) Pom (((())))

Chris ((())) I'm glad your home and with a boot I have one of those they won't take them back.

Love to Bill (((()))) Carol (((()))) Mig (((()))) Christine ((()))

take care
    joan xx