Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 13. Oct 2020, 20:22
    Options

Evening all

So glad to hear your eyes are getting there Christine..you just get careful while they are mending then some nice new glasses xx

Chris its so lovely to hear from you..and glad you are back home..you need building up now xx

Toni I think we will be in lockdown tomorrow.. just seen the government are having a meeting tonight.. one min we are in then out...🙄

Not had eggy bread for years thankyou

Yes the blinking lift i felt a right fool facing the wrong way..and on the wrong day..my phone alarm reminded me this morning 🤣 I will look for Linda tomorrow..my eyes aren't good..if you speak to her give her my love xx

Kath what a good poem ..suppose we will all suddenly realised what life is about at some stage

. really nice to read about Sara Teasdale..I had never heard of her xx

Joan I got there at last thank goodness for an understanding nurse..😅hope you are all doing OK xx

Love to everyone

Xxxxx

Oops shouldn't have gone there..but its a pic of one of my acer.. its 20 years old now..live the color at this time of the year..

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options

Ah yes Joan social services would worry about you having CP and on your own, but you two do just fine really. Ah well. yes it is good to hear from Lucy. I send her little cards and letters too i think post is wonderful 

😊

Did you see the Dachs puppy Kath posted for you?

Kath the second line is the one which leapt out at me too! Even before you said which was the perfect line for P. She is certainly enjoying peace and rest now bless her and you are right - we couldn't ever forget her.

😮

great minds eh? It's a lovely poem anyway when you think about it Sara Teasdale was a clever woman.

I am glad Eliane could go in year 10 is important.

Aren't dachs puppies adorable? I hope Joan sees it when the page turns like this

🤞

I'm so glad you approve of the loo rolls better than andrex in your humble opinion? That is high praise indeed 

😊

Barbara I suppose it's the way the corridor is really in the lift, but a sign inside would save some red faces🙄

Sadly i am not in touch with Legs, but Crinkly is and posted. I know you know her not sure if Kath does Joan will of course....

Oh dear more restrictions for your area specifically, or are you meaning all of us? Don't know why they didn't do the circuit break idea🤔

Love the photo such gorgeous autumnal colours thank you.

Glad you enjoyed the eggy bread.

Isn't it lovely to see Chris and Christine posting. Just need to hear from Carol now to feel happy ((())) and ideally mig

beans on toast - egg optional and yes Kath can have two!

• barbara12
    Options

Afternoon all its a glorious day here..

Toni thankyou for the beans on toast..I will just have one egg..... will look out for crinkles post ..not sure about you but I find the forum so hard to keep an eye on now its so big..not that my eyes work properly..

I am glad to hear P is having Iwade and quiet..suppose she will be reflecting on things.xx

My kitchen us still under way.. just waiting to puts things back in the cupboards them I know we're things are..

Hope Joan and Sue are OK

Love to everyone

Xxxxx x

Love
    Barbara
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Daily Poem ( More Sarah Teasdale)

The Falling Star

Sara Teasdale - 1884-1933

I saw a star slide down the sky, 
    Blinding the north as it went by,
    Too burning and too quick to hold,
    Too lovely to be bought or sold,
    Good only to make wishes on
    And then forever to be gone.

The Look
    Sara Teasdale

Strephon kissed me in the spring,
          Robin in the fall,
    But Colin only looked at me
          And never kissed at all.

Strephon's kiss was lost in jest,
          Robin's lost in play,
    But the kiss in Colin's eyes
          Haunts me night and day.

Four Winds
    Sara Teasdale
    "Four winds blowing thro' the sky,
    You have seen poor maidens die,
    Tell me then what I shall do
    That my lover may be true."
    Said the wind from out the south,
    "Lay no kiss upon his mouth,"
    And the wind from out the west,
    "Wound the heart within his breast,"
    And the wind from out the east,
    "Send him empty from the feast,"
    And the wind from out the north,
    "In the tempest thrust him forth,
    When thou art more cruel than he,
    Then will Love be kind to thee."

Isn't she good?

Toni, no I don't know Legs, I only know a few members who occasionally visit the cafe. I'll have that egg thank you. Who would like the beans?

Barbara, I'm glad I've introduced you to a new poet. I love her work. Your tree is beautiful, we had one a few years ago - but it died! Our garden has a load of rubble beneath it, so tree roots don't have enough room.

Love to Joan, Sue, mig, Carol, Christine and Chris.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• frogmorton
    Options

She is fabulous Kath! I love Sara Teasdale's poems! They are just perfect. Simple of language, but oh so clever - a woman who knows.

A lot of gardens only have rubble - what do builders do with topsoil???🤔 You can borrow some of our moles they make fabulous soft silky soil, but sometimes knock your plants flying🙄

Legs is lovely and 'old' forum member goes way back. I knew Barbara would remember her and wasn't sure about you. She used to come into the café sometimes years ago when it first opened, you would like each other.

The bunting is adorable I love bunting 🤗

P is planning Christmas Barbara of all things. She has me busy again making decorations etc the cart should be out on my drive! wow! I will take photos. The book has perked her back up!

I look at 'recent posts' when I come on after the café of course. I hope they can make the forum easier to access on our phones I agree you have to scroll a long way don't you?

When the kitchen is finished we will need photos🙂

It's chilly here today we had a frost....brrrrr even Sleek is in her basket. She had had it since she was a kitten and about 2 weeks ago she started using it! At the ripe old age of 11!

How is Niamh have you seen her this week is everything ok COVID wise at school?

Joan I very much hope everything is ok with you and Sue. We had a thick frost and it's still there, but at least it's sunny so i will go for my walk in a bit. ((()))

Love to Chris, Christine and Carol - the three C's! Hope everything is ok.

and welcome to anyone who fancies popping in....

Today's breakfast is scrambled eggs on toast

with a cup of builder's tea!

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,939
    Options

Good morning everyone

I posted yesterday but it came up you cannot post so it didn't go.

Kath ((())) thank you for the Dachs puppy pepper looks like that. love to Chris Anita ((())) Val ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) I had a acer tree I thought it lovely it got a bit big so I cut the top leaves it died. It was lovely seeing yours. Love to Mr B ((())) your Son ((())) and your Brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) yes I remember Lindalegs I((())) I hope the operation went well. Love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and her girlfriend ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia (((())) Kari ((())) and Pom ((())) Pom is brave it must be hard for her she has a lot of good friends around her.

Love to Bill ((())) Chris ((())) Mig ((()))Carol ((())) Christine ((())) and. Lindalegs (((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Daily Poem

The Month of May

Wendy Cope

THE MONTH OF MAY LYRICS

'O! the month of May, the merry month of May...'

--Thomas Dekker (d. 1632)

The month of May, the merry month of May,

So long awaited, and so quickly past.

The winter's over, and it's time to play.

I saw a hundred shades of green today

And everything that Man made was outclassed.

The month of May, the merry month of May.

Now hello pink and white and farewell grey.

My spirits are no longer overcast.

The winter's over, and it's time to play.

Sing 'Fa la la la la,' I dare to say,

(Tried being modern but it didn't last)

'The month of May, the merry month of May.'

I don't know how much longer I can stay.

The summers come, the summers go so fast,

And soon there will be no more time to play.

So carpe diem, gather buds, make hay.

The world is glorious. Compare, contrast

December with the merry month of May.

Now is the time, now is the time to play.

I know, it's October, but the poem is about May so let's pretend. 😂

Toni, thank you for the scrambled egg on toast I love it. I'm glad you enjoyed Sarah Teasdale's work too. So here's a more modern one by Wendy Cope. Wendy CopeOBE (born 21 July 1945) is a contemporary English poet. She read history at St Hilda's College, Oxford. She now lives in ElyCambridgeshire, with her husband, the poet Lachlan Mackinnon.

Joan, when I saw the puppy photo I immediately thought of Pepper. I'm pleased you liked it.

I wonder where Barbara is? I hope she is OK.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• barbara12
    Options

Evening all..another muce day here

Kath i do love May the beginning of .summer and it was when I was born..😁think that was Thomas Decker..

Thank you for the extra Sara Teasdale poem, how lovely ..and easy to read and take in...yes I'm here and posted yesterday I think..🤔xx

Joan what a shame your Acer died..we have a few but a couple are looking very sickly...you do seem to have lots of trouble posting.. so long has we know you are all OK xx

Toni..I had scrambled eggs for lunch has well .can't get enough of it..thank you

P is planning Christmas.. Good any distraction will help . What a lovely lady.💕

.I am not sure what to do about Niamh..she desperately wants to come..but then wot a sleep over because daddy is here..we really miss her but have to stay safe...xx

Just had a phone call for an extra eye clinic they have put on..and its only at our little hospital.. so much nearer.. 🙂

To be honest I am quite down with these eyes..one is so bad and effect the other ..I keep thinking what will happen when I can't see my comp or phone...🙄oh well we carry on come what may

Love to everyone

Xxxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • CatLady1
    CatLady1 Member Posts: 64
    Options

Hi to all my lovely cafe friends 😃

• CatLady1
    Options

Oops I posted that post when I pressed the wrong button.

I am still feeling very tired and have to spend quite a lot of my days on my bed. I am taking and eating lots of food with high protein in. I have yogurts,. Healthy bars, and porridge which is also high in protein. Got a lot of weight to put back on, but I'll get there.

• CatLady1
    edited 15. Oct 2020, 20:09
    Options

Done it again. Pressed the wrong button.

I have a cruise booked for November 19th 2021. It's going up Norway and calling in at several fjords. I had some future cruise credit as my December one was cancelled, so I've booked a large single with a shower. It is on the top deck and has a big picture window which looks towards the way we're going.

Take care and stay safe.. Gentle hugs to everyone. (((()))).

• Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options

Evening all

i did post last night but it seems to have gone missing sorry for worrying you Toni thank you for worrying about me. My absence I can assure you has nothing to do with the forum I love you all,. I have just been taking a bit of a break from the internet, as all I keep seeing Is people moaning about the different restrictions put on on areas. And moaning about it saying why is it rising again. And they are probably the ones not wearing the masks and keeping their distance. London is being put under higher restrictions as from tomorrow. So we here tonight. We move up from medium to high risk now. Mr T and I have been out for a meal tonight and have only just come in. So this a short post for now as I need to do some little jobs before bed time. So I will leave you now

love and sparkles to you all

❤️❤️❤️❤️🌈🌈🌈🌈

Stay positive always👍xx
  • frogmorton
    Options

Hi Everyone!

Kath what another lovely upbeat poet is Wendy Cope. I am more than happy to pretend that it's May. Gosh i wish it was.🙄

Glad you enjoyed yesterday's breakfast. I am loving those wartime recipes even if yesterday's were not vegan it is still lovely to imagine those times isn't it?

Foggy here this morning, but not as icy as it was yesterday brrrr!

Peeped in at BLF yesterday BadBessie has had a bump in the car but is ok. I like to read the Dr John Campbell updates he makes so much sense!

Oh Barbara you have a lot of worries at the moment. Now I am sure there is software which can read type for you if those eyes get worse. Might be worth looking into now though while you can investigate. Also (not cheap but fabulous) I love audiobooks and Alexa can play them for me too so when i am cooking or clearing up I can listen to a book.

As for Niamh maybe her Daddy can bring her on her way to her Mummy's or on the way to somewhere else so she has something else to look forward to. Things will settle down again in your area they have to or we will have to have another real lockdown or circuit breaker. ((()))

Hi Joan so annoying when posts just disappear. You use a tablet don't you? So I don't know how it happens, but I do it on this sometimes too😳 anyway love to you and Sue the doggies and the lovely carers ((()))

Hi Chris how lovely to see you. Yes you eat plenty lots and lots of protein. I will cook extra protein-rich breakfasts for you and you drink those build up drinks all day if you can. I know you are also diabetic I think you said so no cake or cream - shame that 🙄

Wow! a cruise to look forward to! What a lovely suite you have booked sounds really posh and perfect. Imagine being able to see the way you are going up there. It will be wonderful won't it? Will you see the Northern lights then? I bet you will! LOOK after yourself.

Carol you too? Joan lost her post as well yesterday. So frustrating when you have said loads isn't it?

I know what you mean about people moaning and feeling sorry for themselves because of extra restrictions when they have been doing just what they want🙄 At least you got a meal out with Mr T yesterday i hope that won't be stopped? I wonder whether it will be🤔 I had a quick look then at what it means for you i bet you are fuming with all the idiots 😠

I'm glad you still enjoy speaking to us lot we certainly enjoy hearing your news and seeing all the photos of your GGchildren. So long as you and they are all well. Take care now ((()))

Right better get dressed so breakfast......

Mushroom Frittata 🙂

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) I hope you are all safe up there. Love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) Val ((())) and your Dad ((())

Chris ((())) you enjoy your cruise you deserve it take care.

Carol ((())) some people don't believe there is a virus it would be nice if there wasn't but we have to do the right things for it to go. love to Mr T ((()))

Toni ((())) yes the carers do a good job ((())) sue has gone in to town its too cold for me I'm taking the dogs for a walk. love to Charley ((())) and her girlfriend ((())) Paul (((())) Is ((())) Lucy ((()) Kari ((())) and Pom ((())) and your lovely neighbour ((()))

love to Bill ((())) Mig ((())) Christine ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Daily Poem

“Four Quartets” Revisited

by Belle Randall

On opening a long unopened book,

what odor rises from the parting pages,

what genie is released, what dark spell broken,

as if some spirit trapped inside for ages,

By this hinge swung open were set free?

My father’s hand has jotted in the margins

its own blunt text of what must be

lecture notes, and planted his place marker

Like a flag among “The Dry Salvages”—

a UC “schedule card,” a blank

grid for weekly classes, and on the back,

Of fees and late fees time alone assuages—

We know the longhand’s labored look

was mine, but why that child should scrawl

a phrase so apt for now’s beyond recall:

on opening a long unopened book.

Source: Poetry magazine (September 2009)

Chris, have you tried Belvita breakfast biscuits? I love them, sots of different flavours with fruit, nuts and seeds. So healthy and so nourishing. You sleep as much as you need, you have a lot of recovering to do.

Carol, it's always a joy to hear from you. Is it difficult to get to see your family now? They are growing so quickly.

Toni, Mushroom Frittata - don't mind if I do. I'd noticed that many of the war time recipes weren't vegan. I think it was a case of "Gerrit dahn yer, there's nowt else!" 😒

Barbara, I found 5 limericks by Wendy Cope, but they were rather rude and I didn't actually like them. I think today's poet is an unknown one I found on a forum. I like experimenting and showing you different styles of poems. I pray that your eyes hold out. 🙏

Joan, are you having problems with posting again? We do miss you when you manage to get on. Take care.

• barbara12
    Options

Afternoon all..Nice and sunny here for now

Toni thankyou fir breakfast think you know I love mushrooms.

I can't even imagine not being able to come on here and traul the net..like you say there are things to help must start looking now

So you had fog maybe you have sun now..its usually follows at this time of the year..I think they are still debating in us being in kickdown..I like the idea of the circuit breaker..then you don't get people going to towns that aren't in lockdown xx

Joan you are right if only people would listen and wear mask..but some always think they know best ..love to all of you xx

Carol has long as we know you are OK.. it does get you down hearing about this blinking virus..you enjoy your meal..its something to look forward to

Chris I reckon you will get there soon.. you do sound like a strong lady..and the cruise will he just the ticket for you..any chance of us all coming along ..we can stick to the 2 metres 😁xx

Kath thankyou..

I like rude dittys..🤣maybe you could try putting them on ..the book one is good..Mr B always say he won't entertain a kindle because he like the smell of books..xx

Right I am off to sit in ly shed and relax..its nice and warm in there with the sun on it

Love to everyone xxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • crinkly
    crinkly Member Posts: 149
    Options

To all who have been concerned for Lindalegs I know she will be pleased to have had you in her pockets this week.

I haven't heard from her yet but she was due to go home today (Friday) so I expect to hear over the weekend if she is able to type. As soon as I have any news I will post in this café as well as on the Living with Arthritis forum as I know she, as one of the most positive people around, has friends and followers in both places.

I do still drop in and avail myself of your delicious goodies. We are in the throes of house-moving (to live closer to one of our sons and his family for our dotage) so a sugar-rush is always welcome and I can keep up with your fascinating personal news too.

Take care and stay safe - Crinkly

• crinkly
    crinkly Member Posts: 149
    Options

Back already because as I logged out I found an Email from Lindalegs.

She was home on Thursday - a day early - is now off morphine with pain level OK but very swollen and bruised. She is following the exercise regime to re-educate the rearranged shoulder muscles but has little movement yet although she's achieved today's goal of a solo trip to the bathroom. Legs is feeling very tired but sounds to be doing well.

What a star!

• frogmorton
    Options

Wow! @crinkly !!!

Thank you so much for the update on Legs! I know how well she will do after all she wasn't christened 'Legs' by the nurses when she was a young-un for nothing was she?

She did well getting to the loo alone and I am sure her shoulder will be way less painful once the post-operative pain is over bless her. She can't do much exercise wise for a while I remember Lucy's after she had hers done. But to start straight away is great. Lucy still does her exercises now just to keep her shoulder loose.

Please send love from all of us here in the café tell her we send a piece of creamy cake and buckets-full of love and strength.

Thank you again ((()))

Joan Sue is a tough one going out yesterday I felt chilly all day too brrr. Walking the dogs was definitely enough🙄 Exactly where would you be without the carers? Where would so many of us be? ((()))

Barbara yes do start looking you will find some things to help and you probably need to be practising them now. Definitely think about audio books. If you have an Alexa she can play you a free book a month, but they aren't always great those ones. Don't bother this month it's Sense and Sensibility, planet of the apes or pinnochio!!!

Seriously the software is out there.

Got the doors open airing the place it's a bit 'farmy here today 🤢

You are right Chris' cruise is just the goal for her to aim for isn't it? She will do fine she has two lovely daughters so plenty of support.

Well did Miss Niamh come yet?

Kath thought you'd like the frittata eggs and mushrooms in one!😋

Now as for the wartime recipes I think you are right a bit 'needs must' Mind you I grew up with 'like it or lump it' which is why we aren't as fussy as recent generations are. Pain in the rear kids these days with their eating habits.

Great poem! Books do have a sort of 'smell' about the. don't they? Even better if others have read them before you too. I love the book full of notes! I had many such books back in the day, but thing what I wrote was probably rubbish😁

I hope all is well with the family? Dad got to Friday club ok and your 'children' all well?

Sleek is coming over later she has started her Halloween recipes and wants some advice.......

Yesterday I went to see Kari and was naughty and sat down for a while with Darcey on my lap mask on. She went all funny....like she was dead mouth open. Now you know cats never do that. I was very scared, but Kari could see she was breathing and woke her up. Apparently she's been doing that lately......she is probably at least 14. AGAIN I wish our Aidan was here to ask.🙄

Love of course to Chris who had better be recovering well ((()))

and Carol and Christine.

Ah saturday croissants

and the papers!

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath (((()))) how are you and your problems getting on. Love to Chris ((())) Anita (((())) Val ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Crinkly ((())) it's nice to hear from you thank you for letting us know about Lindalegs ((())).

Barbara ((())) I hope you can see Niamh this weekend ((())) love to Mr B ((())) your Son ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) you can see your family but not close. love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and her girlfriend ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) Kari ((())) Pom ((())) I think about her.

love to Bill ((())) Mig ((())) Carol ((())) Christine ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Daily Poem (this is rather deep, but I quite enjoyed it, so hope you will too).

This Garden

Eavan Boland

Awake late at night what I see is

faces, faces, their radiance. And realize

I will never see them again. Then

I come to this place, to this garden:

A stretch of grass, fog-wet at dawn

reaching past hutch wire, sweet pea,

the chiming of small apples falling, still

falling by which time it will be twilight.

At the end of the path is a gate

creaking open on flickering

teatime windows and the Wicklow hills,

and beyond their blueness the horizon

of a new nation: and here at least,

those mean consonants, those actors of injury—

Moneta, Mnemosyne—are nowhere to be seen.

Where I stand there is no then or once.

It is September. Crab apples are littered

in the grass, their skin torn by wild beaks.

It is September. In another hour, I will be born.

Until then I cannot be alive.

Until then I have no need to remember.

Hello everyone, I rang Emily last night. She is so pleased because one of her students with lots of problems has achieved A* in an exam. She has very low self esteem, poor attendance record, behavioral problems etc. But Emily managed to take her through all that to pass the exam. Now the school has offered Emily the opportunity to train as a full time teacher. However, she has refused as she wants to continue working with disadvantaged children. We are very proud of her.

I rang dad this morning, Friday Club is closed now and the group are meeting through Zoom. Dad isn't fussed though. He is brought food packages on Tuesday and Friday.

We are now in tier 2, as is Emily. Fortunately she has two weeks off for half term. Which is good, because it means she will be home when the builders come to finish the porch roof.

Sending hugs to Pom, Lindalegs, Carol, mig and all our friends on VA. Right, I'll pop over to Matron's and see what I can rustle up.

• CatLady1
    Options

Hi

I'm waiting for my tea/supper. The lovely lady at our local pub (the only one we have) messaged me and said she was going to give me a free fish and chips meal. Someone is bringing it up to me. Knowing her portions it will be enough for me and Sall. Really looking forward to it. Just got no energy, got up after a late breakfast. Went into the bathroom, managed to wash my hair , have a good wash and dressed. Felt shattered so have been laying on my bed since then. Not a good day but am getting up when I've done this as a change of scenery will be good.

Thank you for all your good wishes. Please everyone take care and stay safe. I am shielding most of the time. Don't feel safe going out. Not that I can walk. It would be in the w/chair and Sall's not up to pushing me far. It's good to come on to the forum as it's virus free and also positive.

Take special care of yourselves. Gentle hugs xx ((( )))

Chris (Cat lady)

• barbara12
    Options

Evening all

Joan We did see Niamh and wear a mask whenever she comes near us..in fact she reminds us..😅..love to all if you xx

Crinkly thankyou so much for the update on our legs..I am so glad to hear she is home..now for the hard part, but knowing Linda she will get there..please give her my love..and good luck with the house move xx

Chris what a nice landady to send your lunch ..its not surprising you feel tired I think its the hardest bit after being in hospital ..and my longest stay was only 6 days..you will get there I just know it xx

Toni Jake does the same he lays there and his mouth opens and we can't waken him..then when he does wake he us right has rain..mind you he us 21 now

Thankyou for our croissants..its a Saturday tradition thanks to Aidan.. 😁 think I will need something to tell me what people have typed...there goes the online shopping..😲my dad used to love his audio books xx

Kath another nice poem thankyou..Emily must he very proud of her student..it goes to show what a good teacher can do

Good for your dad go with the flow bless him xx

Right that my eyes dine with

Love to everyone xxxx xx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    edited 18. Oct 2020, 07:18
    Options

Morning everyone!

Sunday already😮

Joan yes we can see family at a distance and if we really wanted to so far haven't needed to (we have used the summer house) inside with a mask on. If the worst comes to the worst Paul and I have decided we would enjoy a Christmas dinner just the two of us! Hope you are both well? (((())))

Kath I liked the poem gosh though it was deep and needed to be read then reread once I got to the end! Thank you 😘

Ah I thought the Friday club might have to be stopped for now. Your Dad does zoom?! wow I am very impressed indeed with him and clearly doesn't go short on food😂

As for Emily I am slo very proud of her what a girl she is. I did something similar got too high up in my job and when I had Lucy decided to drop down to basic level to be hands on again. It's harder, but far more rewarding work.

Would Emily be the one to ask what Paul and I should wear for the Figaro 30 year anniversary in June???🤔she knows all things retro....🤔

Chris How lovely the lady in the pub doing you a special dinner because you have been ill and are home now❤️I hope your fish and chips were lovely and you managed to eat all of them up. THAT will do you good.

Well done for managing to wash your hair. That will have taken it out of you for definite, but good to achieve something like that and next time it will be a bit easier ((()))

Shielding is what most of us here are doing as much as possible too I think safety first Chris. Take care now.

Barbara I am glad to hear that this sort of 'dead cat' behaviour is what some older cats get up to. I was terrified and Kari is worried, but coping although every day she checks on Darcey in the morning to see if she's alive. It's just cats almost always have their mouths shut. Jake is 21 what a boy!

Glad you saw Niamh and all wore your masks! Wouldn't dare not with madam would you?😉 Bless her. When will she break up for half term?

Audio books are great the best invention ever. Main thing is to get the software to read text for you while you can practise it.

Right something to eat now

It's SUNDAY!

this one's Irish

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath (()) your Dad is good he can look after himself ((())) Emily is clever ((())) people look up to her. Love to Anita ((()) and Val ((())) and Chris ((()))

Chris ((())) you are doing well washing your hair go care full. Enjoy your fish and chips.

Barbara ((())) I hope everyone is well. Love to Mr B ((())) your son ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())) I saw Andy Burnham on the news yesterday.

Toni ((())) some people still don't believe there is a virus till they get it. love to Paul ((())) Lucy (((())) Charley ((())) and her girlfriend ((())) Tia ((())) Kari ((())) and Pom ((())) thinking of her.

Love to Bill ((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((())) Christine ((()))

take care
    joan xx