Of thee from the hill-top looking down;

The heifer that lows in the upland farm,

Far-heard, lows not thine ear to charm;

The sexton, tolling his bell at noon,

Deems not that great Napoleon

Stops his horse, and lists with delight,

Whilst his files sweep round yon Alpine height;

Nor knowest thou what argument

Thy life to thy neighbor's creed has lent.

All are needed by each one;

Nothing is fair or good alone.

I thought the sparrow's note from heaven,

Singing at dawn on the alder bough;

I brought him home, in his nest, at even;

He sings the song, but it pleases not now,

For I did not bring home the river and sky; —

He sang to my ear, — they sang to my eye.

The delicate shells lay on the shore;

The bubbles of the latest wave

Fresh pearls to their enamel gave;

And the bellowing of the savage sea

Greeted their safe escape to me.

I wiped away the weeds and foam,

I fetched my sea-born treasures home;

But the poor, unsightly, noisome things

Had left their beauty on the shore,

With the sun, and the sand, and the wild uproar.

The lover watched his graceful maid,

As 'mid the virgin train she stayed,

Nor knew her beauty's best attire

Was woven still by the snow-white choir.

At last she came to his hermitage,

Like the bird from the woodlands to the cage; —

The gay enchantment was undone,

A gentle wife, but fairy none.

Then I said, "I covet truth;

Beauty is unripe childhood's cheat;

I leave it behind with the games of youth:" —

As I spoke, beneath my feet

The ground-pine curled its pretty wreath,

Running over the club-moss burrs;

I inhaled the violet's breath;

Around me stood the oaks and firs;

Pine-cones and acorns lay on the ground;

Over me soared the eternal sky,

Full of light and of deity;

Again I saw, again I heard,

The rolling river, the morning bird; —

Beauty through my senses stole;

I yielded myself to the perfect whole.

Joan, yes dad looks after himself very well. Anita does his shopping though. When I rang him yesterday he had been removing the moss from his path!!

Toni, what did you think of the bird picture yesterday? 30 years isn't far back enough for Emily. She's into 1950s/60s. So I don't think she would be much help. But MY suggestion for you would be pedal pushers and a long chunky jumper with pumps. I think Paul should wear double denim with a cowboy shirt and a bootlace tie. Thanks for the Irish breafast, does it have Fadge on it? I'll put it on the Matron's Munchies page. ☺️

Barbara, did Niamh enjoy her visit, and did she also wear a mask?

Chris, I can't walk either. Unless I have something to hold onto .I have a rollator and some crutches, but I've never used the crutches and no longer use the rollator. 🙄

Take care everyone. 🧡

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Evening all

We have had a Sunday roast delivered..its someone nearby that is doing it..and it was really good..proper roast potatoes done in goose fat.penty of nicely cooked veg.. and better still she doesn't use much salt...

Toni what a breakfast that was..nearly didn't eat my lunch.. 😅 thankyou

I'm not sue when Niamh breaks up..I do know they are having 2 weeks

I heard off Bill today and he is getting there bless..and will hopefully move into a smaller park home ..Still near Clitheroe..xx

Joan yes we are all well thankyou..I hope next year will be much easier for everyone..

Are you all doing OK..how us your hand doing xx

Kath a really nice poem thankyou ..

Has Emily been to the 1940s weekends..I bet we have past one one another if she has..

We used to do a few but not for a while now..we love the 1849s music and there way they dress..thats why I like Emily's blog xx

Right better make a move

Love to everyone

Xxxxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    edited 19. Oct 2020, 06:20
    Options

Joan you are so right a lot of people are in denial about the Virus, but the hospitals are filing back up and they should behave - putting us all at risk. grrrr! Love to you Sue Peppa and Lexi and the carers (((())))

Barbara we also had a Sunday roast Paul picked it up for us and our lovely neighbours and another lady too. We had enough that when Charley asked if she could pop by we could do her one too!!!

It was BILL's Birthday wasn't it? I also heard from him wasn't that lovely 🙂

1st birthday without Aidan, but I know Aidan will have been watching and sending down love to him and his twin bro too.

2 weeks for Niamh? Gosh it sounds as though we really might be getting a 'circuit break'🤔

Hi Kath I found the fadge recipe on Munchies' I want it NOWWWWW It looks so yum and simple. I intend to save left over ask and have a go.

Thing with the Figaro is it was a retro car when it was built and based on the datsun fairlady from the 60's

"The Nissan Figaro is a small retro car manufactured by Nissan. The car was originally sold only in Japan. Despite this, the Nissan Figaro has become popular with owners in the UK and Ireland, given the popularity of second-hand Japanese import cars. Its appearance has a resemblance to the 1960s Datsun Fairlady models.

The Figaro was introduced at the 1989 Tokyo Motor Show under the slogan "Back to the Future". It was built by a Nissan special projects group called Pike Factory, which also produced other niche automobiles such as the Be-1, Pao and S-Cargo. It was based on the K10 Nissan Micra aka March.

Only four colours were available: Topaz Mist, Emerald Green, Pale Aqua and Lapis Grey. Each colour symbolised a season of the year. When the car was launched, Topaz Mist was the least popular colour. There were only 2,000 produced in Topaz Mist hence they have become increasingly rare. The Figaro was sold without the Nissan name. The Figaro was equipped with leather seats, air conditioning, CD player and an open roof. It was designed by Shoji Takahashi, who won a design competition with the car.

Only 8000 were originally available with an additional 12,000 added to production numbers to meet demand. Prospective purchasers had to enter a lottery to be able to buy one of these cars. Limited edition cars came with passenger side baskets and cup holders."

although l rather like the idea of the pedal pushers because l could wear pumps much comfier....🤔Paul wants to wear a tweed jacket in green😮what's that about???

I loved yesterday's bird pic was it a thrush? Today's multiple birdies one is adorable too💜

What a great poem - we can't capture nature. Nope we just have to appreciate it as it is in it's entirety! LOVED it thank you 😘

Your dad eh? I couldn't even be bothered to leave the house except to take Charley's GF into work in Penelope roof down blankets and coats on. safety first!

OH BTW they have got the ANTIBODY testing kits so might find out if they have antibodies now for COVID if they have they can give blood to help people.

Love to everyone Chris and Christine and of course Carol ((()))

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,939
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) I cannot walk on my own science having two ops on my foot I use my walking frame. Love to Chris ((())) Anita ((()) and Val ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) how was your bloods. Love to Mr B ((())) your son ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend (((())) thank my hand is not so bad.

Toni (())) you will look nice what ever you wear I'm sure. Love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and her girlfriend ((()) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) Kari ((())) and Pom ((())) thank you for thinking about Sue's carers.

That's good if Bill ((())) can move into a smaller park home.

Love to Chris ((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((())) Christine (((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    Options

Morning all..proper cold here..just fed the fishes..gosh they grow by the day..😲

Toni the info on the Figaro is very interesting..expecially the colours after the seasons 😁...love her..especially the pale pink..we had a couple of datsuns but can't remember the names ..

Yes it was Bill's birthday..its nice when he gets in touch ..🙂

Ooh thankyou for the teacakes ..one of my favourites..

Glad safety first with Charley ..life might be like this for a while I suspect...🙄 so you had Sunday lunch made has well..doesn't it taste better 😅xx

Joan thankyou fir asking i haven't had my results yet..but have dropped another water test in..its all go here 😅 xx

Right not a clue what today will bring ..

Love to everyone xxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • barbara12
    Options

Another acer turning into a beautiful red..but not for long before the leave drop

Love
    Barbara
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Daily Poem (two from Christina Rossetti)

A Bird Song

Christina Rossetti - 1830-1894

It's a year almost that I have not seen her:
    Oh, last summer green things were greener,
    Brambles fewer, the blue sky bluer.

It's surely summer, for there's a swallow:
    Come one swallow, his mate will follow,
    The bird race quicken and wheel and thicken.

Oh happy swallow whose mate will follow
    O'er height, o'er hollow! I'd be a swallow,
    To build this weather one nest together.

Born in 1830 in London, Christina Rossetti, the author of Goblin Market and Other Poems, is a major Victorian Poet.

An Apple Gathering

Christina Rossetti - 1830-1894

I plucked pink blossoms from mine apple-tree
        And wore them all that evening in my hair:
    Then in due season when I went to see
            I found no apples there.

With dangling basket all along the grass
        As I had come I went the selfsame track:
    My neighbours mocked me while they saw me pass
            So empty-handed back.

Lilian and Lilias smiled in trudging by,
        Their heaped-up basket teased me like a jeer;
    Sweet-voiced they sang beneath the sunset sky,
            Their mother's home was near.

Plump Gertrude passed me with her basket full,
        A stronger hand than hers helped it along;
    A voice talked with her through the shadows cool
            More sweet to me than song.

Ah Willie, Willie, was my love less worth
        Than apples with their green leaves piled above?
    I counted rosiest apples on the earth
            Of far less worth than love.

So once it was with me you stooped to talk
        Laughing and listening in this very lane:
    To think that by this way we used to walk
            We shall not walk again!

I let me neighbours pass me, ones and twos
        And groups; the latest said the night grew chill,
    And hastened: but I loitered, while the dews
            Fell fast I loitered still.

Toni, the first bird was a Fieldfare, (Turdus pilaris) belongs to the Thrush family. A winter visitor with an appetite for fruit. As the days begin to shorten, fieldfares head to the UK en masse. The fruit and berries of our native trees provide a vital source for these migrants. The group of birds yesterday were Sparrows. A Tweed jacket? Well I do like Tweed, but I definitely see him dressed as a cowboy. No matter what type of car it is.

Barbara, you are right about the cold. It's 'orrible. I have 3 jumpers, my fleece and a blankie over my knees until the heating comes on. Then it's quick, take them all off - it's 'ot in 'ere. I know Emily's school is on half term, it's in Nottingham But I think the Derbyshire schools don't break up until next week.

Joan, If I went out I'd use my walker too, but it's not worth setting it up for indoors.

Right, off to Matron's Munchies. See ya there.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• frogmorton
    Options

A fieldfare yes!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course and how gorgeous Kath We have a bungalow in the village called fieldfare as there are fruits and berries maybe attracted them.

Both poems were great - imagine wearing your future apples and having no bloke to make up for it😁

Would I be a swallow? Maybe they are lovely, but I'd rather be a pampered cat.....like my Sleek!

Barbara I love those leaves thank you for posting 🙂 Bless you I think alos it's lovely to hear from Bill too.

Today i will be thinking about Aidan as I am going to Paul's uncle's funeral. He was 90 so not the same at all. He had RA as well and was on MTX and a biologic, but did well.cn/grandchildren who do this essential job.

Sunday lunch cooked by someone else tastes FABULOUS !! Nearly as good as my Mum's was 🙂

Joan thank you I am sure we will think of something to wear. I've been reading up about the rally in June it's outside so should be safe even if this horrible virus is here still. I value carers highly - very highly they are good people.Love to you all ((()))

Right some breakfast to fill us up and me before I we go to see Paul's mum's bro off on his final sad journey...

Porridge - nice and warming

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Barbara ((())) storm Barbara is on the way I hope you don't get too wild Barbara you will need a rest before you start love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) we are grateful to the carers because I could not get sue up ((())) love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and her girlfriend ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) Kari ((())) and Pom ((()))

I've to Kath ((())) and her family ((()))

Love to Bill ((())) Chris ((()) Mig ((())) Christine ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Daily Poem

Give Me This

Ada Limón - 1976-

I thought it was the neighbor’s cat back

to clean the clock of the fledgling robins low

in their nest stuck in the dense hedge by the house

but what came was much stranger, a liquidity

moving all muscle and bristle. A groundhog

slippery and waddle thieving my tomatoes still

green in the morning’s shade. I watched her

munch and stand on her haunches taking such

pleasure in the watery bites. Why am I not allowed

delight? A stranger writes to request my thoughts

on suffering. Barbed wire pulled out of the mouth,

as if demanding that I kneel to the trap of coiled

spikes used in warfare and fencing. Instead,

I watch the groundhog closer and a sound escapes

me, a small spasm of joy I did not imagine

when I woke. She is a funny creature and earnest,

and she is doing what she can to survive.

Ada Limón is the author of The Carrying (Milkweed Editions, 2018) and Bright Dead Things (Milkweed Editions, 2015), which was a finalist for the National Book Award.

Porridge with berries, thank you Toni. How lovely, a bungalow called Fieldfare. They do like fallen fruits at this time of year. As do Redwings, another member of the Thrush family.

"Take part in the world’s largest wildlife survey on 25-27 January and do something great for nature. Just choose an hour any time over the three days and enjoy time with nature counting birds."

Joan, I've just heard of Storm Barbara on the weather forecast. Tomorrow is supposed to be a wet day!

Holly had a driving lesson today, she's been having them for a few weeks now.

Hugs to mig, Chris, Christine and all our lovely friends.

• barbara12
    Options

Hello all

Just heard we are in stage 3 in the early hours if Friday morning Andy Burham gave a brilliant speech..I still think we should have the circuit breaker across the country..oh well we do has we are told..well some do..

Joan so we have storm Barbara on the way...heee never had a storm named after me..🤣people use to say i was like a tornado..love to all of you xx

Toni thankyou for the porridge with berry's..very nice and warming..

Sorry to hear you have Paul's uncles funeral..yes it brings it all back..xx Our Audan was so young bless.. but I know he would have hated being stuck in hospital for many weeks..he always said he made the worst patient..😔xx

Kath thankyou for the poem and nice yo see the author..

Ooh Holly us having driving lesson..Good luck to her..hope she passes first time..xx

Hope Christine's eyes are healing well xx

And Chris is recovering well even though I know she is very tired xx

Love to everyone

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Joan no way should you even try to get Sue up, but if something ever went wrong you would be there for each other to call for help. Have you got an alarm system? I was thinking of our Aidan yesterday at Paul's Uncle's funeral. I'm certain he was there with me.

Kath great poem is the picture of a groundhog? If so I want one he looks adorable if a bit cheeky. Dare we have a family of them here?

Glad you enjoyed the porridge.

Today my bro should be coming to install a new cat flap for Sleek a special one which I can program to shut and open when I want so i will be able to protect her better. It works on her chip. No doubt she will sneak up to yours anyway via her gate 😁

Go Holly I am very pleased she is learning to drive that will make ahue difference to her life.

Barbara I want a circuit breaker too. I am really cross it's not happening. If it did we might have been able to have family for Christmas as the figures will have dropped. 😕 Go Andy B I really like that man as you know. Andy Burnham for leader of the party then PM!

The funeral was odd very odd not allowed to sing (but i did quietly behind my mask - I'm sure Aidan was there too with me also singing) and chairs all spread out, but you could move them next to those you live with. God bless 'Ginger' Paul's uncle.

No way could Aidan have coped in hospital suffering and he would have been very vulnerable to COVID too.

You have your own storm? I want one!! There will never be a storm Toni will there 😂

If we don't hear from Chris I will try to get in touch today Barbara . As for Christine I bet she is getting ready for eye number 2!

Carol I hope all is well with you all and mr T is behaving. I hope all Gchildren and GGchildren are well.

breakfast? Kath made me think on Munchies so

Welsh rarebit

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) Good luck to Holly with her driving ((())) it will help her. love to Chris ((())) how his is leg. Love to Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and your Dad ((())).

Barbara ((())) how are you doing. Love to Mr B (((()))) and your son (((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())).

Toni ((())) we haven't got a warden its just 11 bungalows we all moved in in the same week. Our neighbour comes in every morning to see us and we can phone him when we want to like when we have a problem with the water topping up in the boiler. love to Paul ((())) Charley (((()))) and her girlfriend ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) Kari (((())) Pom ((())) sorry about the funeral not being able to sing and only so many people there.

love to Bill ((())) Chris (((())) Mig ((())) Carol ((())) Christine ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Daily poem *from that great Welsh Bard Dylan Thomas).

The Song of the Mischievous Dog

There are many who say that a dog has its day,

And a cat has a number of lives;

There are others who think that a lobster is pink,

And that bees never work in their hives.

There are fewer, of course, who insist that a horse

Has a horn and two humps on its head,

And a fellow who jests that a mare can build nests

Is as rare as a donkey that's red.

Yet in spite of all this, I have moments of bliss,

For I cherish a passion for bones,

And though doubtful of biscuit, I'm willing to risk it,

And I love to chase rabbits and stones.

But my greatest delight is to take a good bite

At a calf that is plump and delicious;

And if I indulge in a bite at a bulge,

Let's hope you won't think me too vicious.

Dylan Thomas

Daffodils for a Welsh poet

Joan, Chris's leg is still a bit swollen, but nowhere near as bad as it was.

Toni, yes, a Groundhog. His name is Chunk, and he's sure enjoying that tomato.  Also known as a woodchuck, it's a rodent of the family Sciuridae, belonging to the group of large ground squirrels known as marmots. Groundhogs have four incisor teeth which grow 1.5 mm (​1⁄16 inch) per week. Constant usage wears them down again by about that much each week] Unlike the incisors of many other rodents, the incisors of groundhogs are white to ivory-white. Groundhogs are well-adapted for digging, with short, powerful limbs and curved, thick claws. Unlike other sciurids, the groundhog's tail is comparably shorter—only about one-fourth of body length.

Barbara, perhaps we should call you STORM from now on. 🤩

• barbara12
    Options

Evening all..its been very mild here..

Toni I can just see Aidan singing beside you at Paul's uncle's funeral..he really would have found covid hard..especially having to stay clear of the tea rooms.

Thankyou for the Welsh rarebit not had that in years..

So sleek is going all techi.. wow she will be wondering whats going on when the little door opens on its own bless..😁xx

Joan carers are life savers..such a shame they don't get paid much..our GD goes to a few that wouldn't have anyone else.. its so nice to get to know them..and what a mice neighbour you have.. love to all of you xx

Kath another good poem..thankyou maybe not for veggies though..yes just call me storm..I quite like that 😅xx

tomorrow is my eye appointment ..nothing to do with MD ..they can't do anything fir that its to monitor the glaucoma in my left eye..fingers crossed

Love to everyone xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone!

Kath l loved the poem clever doggie writing it. On his own I know he did. He just got the welsh poet to actually write it on paper as gogs can't write😁

Sleek reckons dogs aren't that clever cats can write, dogs can't.

How adorable are groundhogs/woodchucks. I love little Chunk eating his tomato. Thanks for the info. I think Aidan would have fetched us a family of them - don't you?

Off to Munchies to see what you have for us....

Joan thank you it was still a good funeral with the Vicar actually knowing Ginger and they played a choir singing. To be fair we were just happy to be able to pay our respects at all remember early on in this COVID pandemic when only a handful were allowed to attend funerals? Sounds as though you have a lovely little community there with a good neighbour. How long have you all been there? ((()))

Barbara I know - my Mum used to cook Welsh rarebit i don't think I ever have🤔

I hope the optician is happy with your eyes and the glaucoma is no worse. Mind you at least that is treatable if it is.

Sleek couldn't go techie unfortunately her microchip has 'migrated' (Tia brought a scanner home from work) underneath her chin so it won't open the flap😕 Spoke to the vet who will give her another chip, but going to wait until December when she is having her jab annual bloods and BP anyway save distressing her too much. Oh my bro put the 'old flap back for now.

I am convinced Aidan was there I really am. Imagine him not able to go to the tea shop. Would he have gone out in Hildegarde do you think thorugh the drive through and collected cake and coffee ?

P brought me the most amazing flowers yesterday I will take a photo later and post it.

eggy bread!

• frogmorton
    Options

The flowers P made for me bless her 💝

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) that's good Chris (((()))) has not got pain in his leg now. How are you and your problems. love to Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) Good luck for your glaucoma test ((())) love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and your brother (())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni (((())) the flowers are lovely. We have lived in the bungalow 20 years next year some of the people have died and new ones have moved in it's a quiet side road. Love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and her girlfriend ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) Kari ((())) Pom ((()))

love to Bill (((())) Chris ((())) Mig ((())) Christine ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Daily Poem

Fern Hill

Dylan Thomas - 1914-1953

Now as I was young and easy under the apple boughs

About the lilting house and happy as the grass was green,

The night above the dingle starry,

Time let me hail and climb

Golden in the heydays of his eyes,

And honoured among wagons I was prince of the apple towns

And once below a time I lordly had the trees and leaves

Trail with daisies and barley

Down the rivers of the windfall light.

And as I was green and carefree, famous among the barns

About the happy yard and singing as the farm was home,

In the sun that is young once only,

Time let me play and be

Golden in the mercy of his means,

And green and golden I was huntsman and herdsman, the calves

Sang to my horn, the foxes on the hills barked clear and cold,

And the sabbath rang slowly

In the pebbles of the holy streams.

All the sun long it was running, it was lovely, the hay

Fields high as the house, the tunes from the chimneys, it was air

And playing, lovely and watery

And fire green as grass.

And nightly under the simple stars

As I rode to sleep the owls were bearing the farm away,

All the moon long I heard, blessed among stables, the nightjars

Flying with the ricks, and the horses

Flashing into the dark.

And then to awake, and the farm, like a wanderer white

With the dew, come back, the cock on his shoulder: it was all

Shining, it was Adam and maiden,

The sky gathered again

And the sun grew round that very day.

So it must have been after the birth of the simple light

In the first, spinning place, the spellbound horses walking warm

Out of the whinnying green stable

On to the fields of praise.

And honoured among foxes and pheasants by the gay house

Under the new made clouds and happy as the heart was long,

In the sun born over and over,

I ran my heedless ways,

My wishes raced through the house high hay

And nothing I cared, at my sky blue trades, that time allows

In all his tuneful turning so few and such morning songs

Before the children green and golden

Follow him out of grace,

Nothing I cared, in the lamb white days, that time would take me

Up to the swallow thronged loft by the shadow of my hand,

In the moon that is always rising,

Nor that riding to sleep

I should hear him fly with the high fields

And wake to the farm forever fled from the childless land.

Oh as I was young and easy in the mercy of his means,

Time held me green and dying

Though I sang in my chains like the sea.

Barn Owl Moving The Stars , a drawing by Kristin Aquariann 

Toni, those flowers from Pom are exquisite. I think it is a very good idea to leave Sleek's chip until December. I shan't say a word when she comes over next. I think Aidan would have gone straight over to collect Chunk and his family over to join our other cuddlies.

Barbara (Storm) I hope your Glaucoma is stable when the optician sees you.

Joan, sending love to Sue, Lexi and Pepper.

• barbara12
    Options

Evening all thankyou for all your good wishes..good news and not so good news..glaucoma is stable at 21..but the MD is far worse ..and effecting both eyes..I sort of knew that..so I have to see a cornea specialist in case its the wet type.. it will have to be in the next 3 weeks she said ..

The really good news they thought I was in my late 50th..🤣🤣🤣

.Toni thanks for the eggy bread.. had that before I went for my appointment..

How beautiful are the flowers that P made you..a very talented lady.x🌈

It is nice to be able to pay our last respects..I feel for the people in hospital that can't have visitors xx

Joan we have seen so many people come and go in our Rd...its lovely we're you live..really nice and quiet..hope you are all OK xx

Kath another good poem..I think..got a bit lost with it but so clever .

I think storm Barbara missed us..probly got lost like I usually do xx

Right will leave you all for now

Love to everyone xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Morning all

See this by Lindalegs:

Joan 20 years sounds like a long time I bet it's flown by though. I've already been her 4 and a half years! It's Friday are you going into town for a ride or staying in. Yesterday was nice I took Penelope out. I have put two decent cushions in her helps a lot with my back. I forget I'm in her and wonder why people are smiling and waving!!! ((()))

Of course they thought you are in your late 50's Barbara! you are aren't you?😉 Sorry to hear about the MD although I thought things were getting worse for you recently

We will have the cloak out ready for you for the appointment - good news about the glaucoma being stable though i wish it was the other way round then it could be fixed😔

Yes it was good to be able to pay your respects. Remember my nephew's wife in hospital for 4 weeks no visitors allowed at ALL!

Stoke has moved up a tier or will do on Saturday. Won't make any difference to us we go ip regularly to see our friends up there, but still only meet in each other's garden's the 4 of us so we'll be fine.

Hi Kath I loves the Owl! Sleek reckons she knows him....and was reading over my shoulder again said to tel you she doesn't eat 'chips' she is a 'small cat' who likes felix, and tuna and webbox and crunch, Phew! Got away with that!

Yes Chunk would be here by now if Aidan saw him along with his whole family. Appropriate habitat built straight away. 🙂

Isn't P clever?! The flowers are adorable and just gorgeous. I don't need to water them at all.

Thank you for the Dylan Thomas poem it is a lovely choice such imagiary ! Wonderful. Set me up for the day it did.

Shall we have eggs today again? Yes go on then!

I heard from Chris - she is still so very tired, but a friend told her it can take 8 weeks (8 weeks! but probably right) to recover from such a long stay in hospital.

Love to Carol - i am missing her family chat and photos too 🙂

and love to mig

anyone else who drops by WELCOME!

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) I hope you all have a good day to day. Love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) and Val ((()) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) sorry about your eyes I can imagine what you are going through ((())) love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) is there many cars about like yours I expect there's a club. love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and her girlfriend ((())) Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari (((())) and Pom ((()))

love to Bill ((())) Chris ((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((())) Christine ((())) and Lindalegs ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    edited 23. Oct 2020, 09:33
    Options

Daily Poem

Barbara

Remember Barbara

It rained relentlesly on Brest that day

And you walked smiling

Beaming ravishing drenched

Under the rain

Remember Barbara

It rained relentlesly on Brest that day

And I ran into you in Siam Street

You were smiling

And I smiled too

Remember Barbara

You whom I didn't know

You who didn't know me

Remember

Remember that day still

Don't forget

A man was taking cover on a porch

And he cried your name

Barbara

And you ran to him under the rain

Beaming ravishing drenched

And you threw yourself in his arms

Remember that Barbara

And don't be mad if I speak familiarly

I speak familiarly to everyone I love

Even if I've seen them only once

I speak familiarly to all who are in love

Even if I don't know them

Remember Barbara

Don't forget

That good and happy rain

On your happy face

On that happy town

That rain upon the sea

Upon the arsenal

Upon the Ushant boat

Oh Barbara

What stupidity is war

What has become of you

Under this iron rain

Of fire and steel and blood

And he who held you in his arms

Amorously

Is he dead and gone or still so much alive

Oh Barbara

It's rained all day on Brest today

As it was raining before

But it isn't the same anymore

And everything is wrecked

It's a rain of mourning terrible and desolate

Nor is it still a storm

Of iron and steel and blood

But simply clouds

That die like dogs

Dogs that disappear

In the downpour drowning Brest

And float away to rot

A long way off

A long long way from Brest

Of which there's nothing left.

Jacques Prévert  

Barbara, I just couldn't resist this love poem. More poignant because the writer fell in love at first sight with a girl he never actually met. A Frenchman obviously. Late 50s - NO, you're not a day over 25! I'm sorry to hear your eyes are worse although the Glaucoma is stable.

Toni, I'm positive that Sleek knows the owl. She knows all the best people. Such as dear Pom, a talented lady indeed. And yes, we can have eggs whenever and however you want. I love Penelope's wheels. They remind me of the wheels they used on continental prams.

Joan, well dad won't be heading for the Friday club today, but they will bring him some sandwiches, cake and a banana. He will have it for his tea. I've just find ou my good friend Ann is now clear of her bladder cancer.

Hugs to Sue, mig, Chris and Christine.

• barbara12
    Options

Hello all

And thankyou again to all of you.

Toni yes I'm late 50s..I will go with that..she said at your age it shouldn't he this bad..till the nurse said she's 70...☺☺

I can imagine everyone looking at Penelope..she is gorgeous.. and so is the driver...😁thankyou for posting Linda's thread..bless she has been through so much..xx

Joan hope you and Sue managed to get out and about..I know you have a nice park nearby for your scooters..xx

Kath I will keep that poem..was it one if yours..I have never had my name in a poem before.. 😚😚Thankyou xx

Niamh is coming later because she is part of our bubble...I think.🤔.so it will be mask on

Love to everyone xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    edited 24. Oct 2020, 06:48
    Options

Morning everyone

I am very upset today it seems our school (50 yards from my front door) has been shut due to COVID. 4 teachers have it bless them. Luckily my walks recently have been the other way and also I haven't ever gone out at school times.

Barbara and anyone else who is interested this is the latest on Lindalegs' saga about her shoulder:

Joan how right you are! The Figaro owners club! I joined the day after I got Penelope 🙂Only 20,000 were ever made. Not so many left now. So far 202 have signed up for the 30th anniversary celebration in June next year. It's an outdoor event so I have our tickets ready. 🙂 I hope you Sue and the dogs and carers are all well? ((()))

Barbara isn't it lovely when people think you are younger? Such a boost. Not if they think you are older though. I have friends - I've probably mentioned them before I was best woman at their civil partnership (wedding). Well the older one got B cancer and one time a nurse said to the younger: take your Mum over there now!! She was so upset!

Legs is a star isn't she? I just popped the links because with your eyes I know looking here and there is very difficult.

Yes you ARE allowed to see Niamh because your son lives with you. It's all so confusing isn't it though.

Kath thank you for today's poem! For our Barbara, but rather sad too as the Allies bombed the area badly in the 2nd world war. Love at first sight eh? I bet that was our Barbara's husband too!

Such good news about your friend Sue! Well done to her

that's a bell.

Sleek said Aunty Kath knows she's right and she knows a lot of peeple. She'll be over later to peep at Chris' leg.

I love the Koala hugs may l have one too please?

The wheels are called 'polos' by us Figaro owners (get me!!!!). They are adorable aren't they I will post you a pic of my latest acquisition for Penelope

Breakfast ah! It's Saturday!

croissants.