Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Mike ((())) I have not had that how long does.it last for or do you have it all the time.

It is permanent!

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    edited 12. Dec 2020, 13:37
    Options

DREAM THIEF (a shortish story)

Part 1

Keith Brooks checked the papers in his briefcase and tossed it into the back of his Volvo. Carefully he manoeuvred the car out of the company car park and onto the road leading to the main gates. Suddenly he screeched to a halt as a girl darted in front of him then fell in a crumpled heap. He leaped out of the car and rushed to where she lay. A small crowd soon began to gather. Keith turned to the onlookers. 'Has anyone called an ambulance?' A woman waved her mobile. 'It's on its way.' 'Thanks; Keith held the girls hand. 'Kathy, Kathy can you hear me?' Her eyes flickered open briefly: 'Don't - let - him ---,' she gasped. 'Don't let him get ---' her eyes closed again as a security guard arrived on the scene. 'What happened?' He knelt down beside Keith. 'She just ran straight out in front of me, I didn't have time to brake.' The guard looked round him. 'Did anyone else see it?' The woman with the mobile pushed forward. 'She ran down the road then practically jumped in front of this young man's car.' Keith looked at her gratefully; relieved that someone could confirm that he hadn't had time to stop. The crowd turned as the sound of sirens heralded the arrival of the ambulance. When the paramedics reached them one put his ear to the girl's mouth then took her pulse. 'Does anyone know her name?' 'Kathy Carter,' Keith said. 'She works in the typing pool.' 'And you are?' 'Keith Brooks, Is she going to be alright?' 'I can't find any serious injuries, but until a doctor takes a look at her we won't be able to say for sure.' 'I'll follow you to the hospital,' Keith got up. 'Where are you taking her?' 'St Martins.' Keith watched helplessly as the two paramedics carefully transferred the girl to a stretcher and then the ambulance. The crowd began to disperse as he climbed into his car and followed the ambulance out through the main gate of Parker and Hall Electronics and on to the hospital. When they arrive Keith followed them inside. 'Go to the admissions desk,' one said. 'Give them as many details as possible. The police have been informed of the accident and will notify her next of kin.' He did as he was told then asked if he could go and sit with her. 'From what you've told us Mr Brooks you're not related to Miss Carter.' He shook his head. 'Her parents will be here shortly, perhaps when she's regained consciousness you might be able to visit her.' He drove home dejectedly and sat alone in the darkness going over the accident again and again. What made her rush out like that? Why hadn't he seen her? So many questions needed answering. The last image before he fell into a fitful sleep was Kathy's tiny body practically beneath the wheels of his car.

'How is she Stella?' Sister Mayfield picked up the chart at the end of Kathy's bed. 'Difficult to say Liz, she seems alright most of the time but every so often she'll begin to mumble and become very restless.' 'Dr Savage is on his way, are these notes up to date?' 'Yes, but there's something odd about her temperature,' Stella took the chart from her superior. 'See these dips, that happens every time she has one of those restless periods I told you about.' Liz Mayfield frowned. 'That is odd; there's quite a big drop there. We'll just have to wait and see what Dr Savage has to say.'

Keith stared out of his office window; it overlooked the stretch of road just outside the company car park quite close to where the accident had happened. Perhaps he should have taken a day off to recover from the shock. 'Mr Brooks,' he turned to see the woman with the mobile. 'I'm sorry to bother you, my name is Anna Parker; I work in Market Research.' He stood up and held out his hand. 'Thanks for backing me up yesterday Miss Parker.' 'It's Mrs,' she corrected him. 'No problem, in fact it's that I want to see you about. Or would you rather not talk about it at the moment?' 'On the contrary, everyone here is avoiding the subject like the plague in case they upset me, so go ahead.' He motioned to the chair opposite him. She sat down and paused for a moment as if trying to work out exactly what she was going to say. 'Have the police been to see you yet?' She asked, he nodded. 'I've given them my statement, but they aren't too happy with it.' 'Why ever not?' 'Well - the thing is -,' she hesitated. 'You'll think I'm mad, the police obviously did. When I saw - Kathy wasn't it?' He nodded again. 'When I saw her she was running down the street. It looked to me as though she was trying to get away from someone - or something.' She hesitated again, watching his reaction. 'What do you mean "something"?' He frowned. She looked down as though embarrassed by what she had to say. 'She didn't run out in front of you Mr Brooks, she sort of jumped. It was a strange movement, almost as though she had been pushed off the pavement.' 'Pushed, but who by?' Keith looked stunned. 'That's just it, no one was there.' She looked down again. 'I told you you'd think I was mad, but I'm only telling you what I saw.' 'Perhaps you were mistaken, what gave you the impression she was pushed?' 'As I said, it was the way she moved, a kind of stumble and a jump just as you would if you'd been pushed.' 

TO BE CONTINUED......

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• Kitty
    edited 12. Dec 2020, 13:37
    Options

Oh dear, they all thought. She's posting another story. This is a bit spooky, so you might not like it.

I see quite a lot of us suffer from some sort of Tinnitus. Mine hasn't always been birdies, Mike, yours sounds dreadful, so does yours Toni.

Emily rang last night, she had just fetched Campbell from work, He started an apprenticeship last week - Business Management. So 2 grandsons in business. Chester has his own IT business. I rang dad this morning, he's fine.

Toni, I hope you are fully recovered, yes we still miss Aidan and always will. Thank you for the croissants.

Barbara, I'm so pleased you liked the poem.

Hugs for Joan, Sue and Carol.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Hello all

Mike I gave heard if people with tinnitus.. it does sound awful..and so hard not be able to decipher other noise ...xx

Joan you must mean the photo I put in Facebook in summer if the pond.. you had be wondering then ..🙂thankyou for all the hugs they are very welcome xx

Kath I am still working through your story's..you keep it up..its good to keep the brain active.. 😁xx

Toni our lovely Aiden ...bless him like you say he is with his mum and dad and bills parents...🌈🌈🌈

Was that P dogs you sent this morning..sorry I forgot to answere..was it taking you for a walk..😅its really nice having people to walk with..something I miss..mr B can't walk far these days.. xx

Sorry this us short..but resting these eyes

Love to all xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options

Morning everyone🙂

Joan we are off to pick Lucy up today for her apt with neurology tomorrow. Paul can take her back on Wednesday when he's up there for work. AAs she's at college she has an exam on Thursday sadly s that can't be it for Christmas. I miss Aidan very much still I know you do. I messaged Bill yesterday he sends his love. He hasn't ruled out a return to France!!

Barbara yes that was Jack P's dog Paul had him on the lead. He's adorable (the dog😁) but P's daughter is back now with her and will stay until after her Meds review with GP tomorrow at least. Her boys need her too, but if needs be she will stay for the duration and they will visit her.

That 12 months has flown by for me. I am so glad Aidan missed this vile virus. He would ahve been chain smoking over the fence with Mandy!

Hi Mike. Sorry did you know our Aidan? AKA Bubbles? We lost in in case Dec 12th last year he had been a stalwart member of the online community. An ex-matron with a love of cats and all things sparkly.

Kath another story for us! Thanks you😘

I wonder if the tinnitus is relevant? I thought lansoprazole can cause it?? if so that would make sense, but I had it for decades.

We will always miss our Matron won't we?😕 I am gad to hear though that your Dear Dad is well and Emily too. Very good apprenticeships are the way we should be going in my humble opinion.

Another story?! Bring it ON!!!!

Oooh! so far so good.....I like it! Something ghostly going on here😮

Fry up this morning:

Go on - give it a go!

• Mike1
    Options

Hi Mike. Sorry did you know our Aidan? AKA Bubbles? We lost in in case Dec 12th last year he had been a stalwart member of the online community. An ex-matron with a love of cats and all things sparkly.

No, regrettably I didn't, I only joined the forum a few months ago. From what I have seen he was a great chap.

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,941
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) we have rain to day I hope you haven't go rain. Love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) Val ((())) and your dad (((())))

Barbara (())) no I saw the photo on the forum I don't have time to go on Facebook. Love to Mr B ((())) your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and is girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((()))I hope you feel better today ((())) love to Paul ((())) Lucy ((())) Charley ((())) and her fiancee ((())) and the carers ((())) Kari ((())) and P ((()))

Mike ((())) I hope you have a good day

love to Bill ((())) Chris ((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Dream Thief (Part 2)

Keith stood up and looked out at the road trying to remember exactly what he had seen himself. But he hadn't seen anything, not until Kathy had come hurtling out in front of him. There had been quite a few people about - maybe she had been pushed and Anna just hadn't seen the person who had pushed her - but why would anyone want to push Kathy in front of his car? 'Are you sure she couldn't have tripped over something?' Anna shook her head. I went over to where it happened after you and the ambulance left, the pavement there is smooth, there are no raised paving slabs she could have tripped over. I still say it looked as though she had been pushed.' 'Even though nobody was close enough to have pushed her.' Anna nodded. 'I'm sorry, I've probably made matters worse by telling you this.' 'No, no it's all right. If that's what you saw, then I have to believe you even if it does sound a little odd.'

Charles Carter held his wife's hand as they sat by their daughter's bedside. Dr Andrew Savage stood nearby. 'She's sleeping normally now,' he said reassuringly. 'The brain scan showed no abnormalities; apart from a few cuts and bruises she's come through remarkably well. Probably due to the driver's quick reaction.' Charles nodded. 'I gather it could have been a lot worse.' 'We're just grateful she's going to be alright.' His wife added. As they spoke, Kathy stirred. Her eyes opened and she looked around her; she smiled with relief when she saw her parents. 'How long have I been here?' She tried to sit up then fell back onto the pillow. 'Don't try to move too much Miss Carter,' the doctor moved closer to the bed. 'You've had concussion and must take it easy, those bruises are going to cause some discomfort for a while too.' 'Darling, what happened?' Mrs Carter leaned forward anxiously taking her daughter's hand. 'Don't let's worry too much about that at the moment dear,' her husband said. 'Let's just get her back home again first.'

Keith flicked the kettle switch and went to check his answering machine. Three telesales operators, his mother reminding his it was his sister's birthday the following week, a wrong number and -. 'Er - hello, it's Kathy Carter.' Keith dropped onto the sofa and listened to the soft hesitant voice. ' Could you come and see me? I'd like to apologize in person for giving you a fright the other day - if that's okay. There's also something I have to talk to you about. I need your help; in fact you're probably the only person who can help me. I'm still in hospital - Fisher ward. Visiting starts at eight. If you don't want to come, I'll understand.' He played the message over several times, mainly to get the facts right in his head - but also because he just wanted to hear her voice. Without success he'd tried everything to get her to notice him over the last six months. Now here she was asking him if he would like to go and see her. Would he ever! He looked at the clock - six-thirty. He just had time to grab a bite to eat and have a shower. By seven thirty he was climbing into his Volvo and heading in the direction of St Martins Hospital.

To be continued......

• Kitty
    Options

Joan, we are having a little rain, but not enough to cause our roof to leak - yet. 😒

Toni, I've had Tinnitus for long before I was taking Lansoprazole. I think we tend to blame everything on our meds, whether it's true or not. Thank you for the massive fry up, four eggs - yummy.🤭

Barbara, don't strain your poorly eyes too much. There's another story in the offing.

My neighbour has a new baby - here he is.

Alfie Lee Peter Niblett Born 8.46pm on Friday 11th December 2020 Weighing at 7lb 1oz! Isn't he a cutie. Toni, stop dribbling. 😂

• Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options

Hi everyone

How is everyone’s weather it is damp rainy and cold here at the moment, the sort of weather that really gets into the bones and causes pain. I have had a run of bad pain lately but I know it’s the weather. So we still plod along and get on with it. Graycie had a wonderful birthday yesterday by all accounts she had a birthday party with just her mummy and Lillie and Rubie. Unfortunately no one else could be there it think I said in my last post that because of Covid restrictions also she is isolating at the one of her class workers tested positive. I gave her a video call in the afternoon and mr T played happy birthday to her on Facebook and she was so happy. Today it’s her mums turn to miss out because Lillie is doing a national baton twirling competition and instead of mummy taking her, her great auntie my sister who is also her godmother has taken her. They have done a virtual streaming of it on utube which I have seen all three of her routines We are just now awaiting the results to see where they are all placed. Which will happen at 7 pm apparently when it is all finished. It is still going on at the moment. She seemed to do pretty well as this competition is a big one. I Was very impressed by one rountine she did with 2 batons and she managed not to drop either of them. Will put some photos on when I get some of her.

in the meantime some from Graycie’s birthday yesterday.

meet princess Elsa

Kath your stories are really good.

Toni yes Cookie talks to me quite often now. She is eating well now I was feeding her three times a day but I have now managed to get her. To same amount of food but feeding her twice not three times. She loves her food. I am impressed she doesn’t really bother with our Christmas tree, it is only a small one ad stands on a small table. We have small tree presents around the bottom. But tree and base has been sprayed with a special citrus spray which cats don’t like. I didn’t know this until I read it o Facebook. The other day I was eating one of these easy peelers. she was on the arm of the chair and I put a piece of peel up to her nose and she back away very quickly.😀😀

Joan hope you and Sue are ok And your heating is working fully again

thanks everyone for the comments you all make about my photos of the little people

on Tuesday I have a telephone medication review, as last time I ordered a repeat they rejected my whole prescription because the pharmacist they have in the surgery decided that I should not be taking my antihistamine twice a day.

Well I think that is about all for now

love and sparkles ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈for you all

Stay positive always👍xx
  • barbara12
    Options

Evening all..never been light today..would much rather have cold and bright..

Carol Gracies photos are lovely..and she makes a perfect princess Elsa bless her🥰

Jake the cat from next door never stops eating..but he is so old he doesn't put much weight on ..but the other one can hardly walk..so we don't feed him..hope Lillie does well xx

Joan I forgot that I put the photo on the forum..not good is it..😅hope you are all doing ok will lexi and pepper..hopes that right..get presents for Christmas xx

Kath I am wondering what Kathy is up to..poor Keith is besotted but I know there will be a twist...🤔maybe a dream..I don't trust that dr Savage..

Ooh a new baby how lovely and what a brilliant name Alfi Lee Peter Nibley like some out of Dickens xx

Toni I was wondering if Bill would go back to France..I know they had to come back because Aidens parents needed them..I hope he has a good future whatever he does ..

I am proper full off that breakfast.. 😅

How nice that you will get to see Lucy even under the circumstances...hope all goes well and good luck to her with the exam Xx

Love to all xxxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone🙂

Mike you would have liked Aidan everyone did. He was a cat person too like most of us here. He was only 58. Such a shock for us all he was in the café several times a day. Hoping Elliott and family are doing ok.

Joan i think just maybe Lucy might come home for good! I'm not sure yet, but think it's possible fingers crossed she is missing us all so much, but she's half-way through her course. Love to you and Sue ((())) xxx

Barbara I think I just said to Joan we might get Lucy home for good. Well at least for a while. She misses us so much. Some hoe I will have to integrate two cats though🙄

Yes You do remember rightly Bill and Aidan came back here due to Aidan's parents and Aidan's first heart attack. We shall see where he ends up eh?

Jake doesn't look old even though he is. I know Niamh loves him bless her even if he isn't so keen on children!

Kath so far l am really enjoying the new story. Who pushed Kathy though? She definitely didn't trip like that..... Barbara doesn't trust the Dr🤔

A new baby next door!!!!!!!!!! Woo-woo! A perfect weight too how lovely👶 I will control myself (barely!) but oh I would love a cuddle!😍😋

You are probably right about the lansoprazole. Mind you i need it too much anyway to go without!

The 4 eggs were egg-specially for you!

Carol Graycie looks an adorable Princess Elsa! I can see her birthday was not spoilt at all by not having a party bless her. They are such a sweet family. All those presents too! Like Lucy a December birthday which is tough enough even without COVID. Go Lillie I hope she placed well?

Oh yes you don't want to be feeding Cookie 3xs a day that's a bit much for you isn't it? 2 is much more reasonable. Yes they don't like oranges or lemons Sleek hates my satsumas too, but I love them! Keep that fruit bowl full i know you do anyway. Isn't she a good girl chatting to her Mummy and not touching the tree bless her.

What?!😮 I would have gone mad if my prescription was cancelled like that for one item! Anyway i think it's up to your GP what you are on!😠

Right must get on this morning it's the last week of our fundraiser and l for one am most relieved even though I am so pleased how much we are raising for the hospice.

Porridge this morning it's wet and chilly again

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) it's a good job you haven't got heavy rain. Lovely baby thank you. Love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Carol ((())) Gracie enjoyed her day good (((()))) love to Mr T ((())) and family I hope Lillie does well ((()))

Barbara ((())) was your blood test alright ((())) love to Mr B ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your son ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

. Toni ((())) yes I hope Lucy comes home to you when she has finished her course (((())) Good luck to her at the hospital to day ((())) love to Paul (((())) Charley ((())) and her fiancee ((())) and the carers (((()))) Tia ((()))Kari ((())) and P((()))

love to Bill ((())) Chris ((())) Mig ((())) Mike. ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • frogmorton
    edited 15. Dec 2020, 06:06
    Options

Something wrong with my lap top? Or have all of our café friends abandoned us Joan? Just you and me all day?!

The Neurologist (for the epilepsy ) was very pleased with Lucy gave some excellent advice and the closest thing we ever got to a diagnosis. Generalised epilepsy. Meds all to stay the same and she wants to see Lucy next year in real life.

I very much hope Kath, Barbara and Carol plus our other 'regulars' and drop ins are well. Mike, Chris and Christine and mig too ((()))

Today i have my Tesco click and collect to sort out and photos need to be taken of the fundraiser for the hospice website and the village magazine.

Tia is coming over for a walk with Lucy before she goes home on Weds. Then an exam on Thursday and back hopefully for Christmas.

Just cleaning the café

Ready to put up the Christmas tree

Going continental today:

I've been very busy slicing and dicing so you'd better eat it folks !!!

• Mike1
    Options

Someone has put Elliott up for a Pride of Britain award! AND his hair has started growing back although he is scheduled for another round of Chemo next week.

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Toni (((())) you are very busy today there should be time to have a cuppa and put your feet up ((())). That's good news for Lucy ((())) I don't know why on Facebook I have you have a new friend and it's always Aidan and Carla ( Sue's carer that died ) love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and her fiancee ((())) and the carers ((())) Tia (((())) Kari ((())) and P ((()))

Love to Barbara (((()))and family ((())) Kath ((())) and family ((())) Carol ((())) and family ((())) Mike ((())) Good luck to your nephew (((()))) Chris ((())) Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,633
    Options

@Mike1 I rather think your Great Nephew deserves to be put up for a pride of Briton award!

I will be watching to see how he gets on.

Best wishes

Ellen.

• barbara12
    Options

Morning all just giving my eyes a rest yesterday..

Toni I'm so please that Lucy appointment went well..hopefully one day she will be able to drive

Thankyou for the continental breakfast..I do like to help myself..😁

I bet Tia and Lucy have a good old chin wag...and I hope they have our sunshine this morning

Elliot really deserves to be put forward fir pride of Britain...he us a credit to his family and young people ..bless him xx

Joan thankyou fir asking. my kidney bloods are slightly worse so I will concentrate on my diet.. 🙄no salt ..tomatoes .etc....but it needs to be done love to all of you xx

Love to everyone

Xxxxxxcx

Love
    Barbara
  • Kitty
    Options

Dream Thief (part 3)

He thought she was asleep, but as he came nearer she opened her eyes and looked directly at him. She looked so helpless lying there. He had only ever wanted to protect her and yet it was his fault she was now in hospital. She smiled but there was sadness behind the smile and she looked so tired. 'Thanks for coming, I wasn't sure you would.' 'It's the least I could do, after all it's my fault you're here.' She shook her head. 'No it isn't, no one blames you for the accident.' She smiled again and he found himself relaxing a little. 'You said you needed my help, how?' Keith pulled a chair closer to the bed and sat down. She frowned and looked at him thoughtfully. 'You'll probably think I'm mad,' she said. 'That's the second time someone's said that to me this week,' he smiled. 'Well in my case it's probably true.' The frown deepened and he thought for moment she was going to cry. 'Tell me, do you believe in reincarnation?' Keith looked up, startled. 'I don't know, I haven't really thought about it. Why?' 'I didn't, not until - oh God, where do I begin?' He waited patiently while she gathered her thoughts together. 'It all began two hundred years ago,' she looked up to see what his reaction was. He tried to remain impassive although he had no idea where the conversation was leading. 'Three people were involved: Sarah Blake, Edmund Lester and George Bingham. Sarah and Edmund were to be married and were very happy. George hated Edmund and wanted Sarah for himself. I won't go into too many details, but Edmund died under mysterious circumstances two weeks before the wedding.

Sarah was distraught and became quite ill. George tried to revive her spirits but nothing worked. He took care of her and tried to persuade her to marry him. Sarah couldn't get over Edmund's death and eventually she died too - some said of a broken heart.' She stopped and took a sip of water from the glass on the bedside cabinet. 'You're probably wondering what this has to do with you.' Keith thought for a moment and said. ' I'm not sure what it has to do with either of us, or why you need my help.' 'I'm coming to that bit shortly. A couple of months ago I began to have nightmares. Recurring dreams about a strange man.' 'What has this to do with the story you just told me?' 'In time the dreams became more graphic, it was as if they were real and my waking life was the dream. The man in my dreams was George Bingham. In the dreams I discovered he'd killed Edmund to clear the way for him to marry Sarah. Then when it became obvious that she wasn't going to marry him he killed her too. He got away with both murders.' 'Hang on a minute, you're talking as though this really happened.' 'It did,' she continued. 'I did some research; all the people involved are in the records. Now George won't leave me alone, he insists that I'm Sarah - or was Sarah. I can see you don't believe a word I've said.' 'I'm sorry, but it does seem a bit far fetched.' Keith sat back and looked carefully at Kathy. 'Perhaps the accident - ' 'Don't you see, I wouldn't have had the accident if it weren't for George Bingham.' Keith wanted to laugh, but the expression on her face was so serious. She really believed all this. 'How do you work that one out?' He asked gently. 'He's found a way to get out of my dreams. He can now appear to me when I'm awake.' Keith thought back to the conversation with Anna Parker two days earlier. 'Tell me exactly what happened.' 'Not if you're going to laugh at me.' She folded her arms defensively. 'I won't laugh, I'm prepared to keep an open mind.' 'Okay, when I left the office on Tuesday he was waiting outside for me. I couldn't believe it at first; I thought I was hallucinating through tiredness. I haven't slept properly for weeks. I dread falling asleep but now I don't even feel safe when I'm awake. Anyway, he followed me down the road. He kept saying he was going to get me one way or the other. I started to run but he caught up with me, as I got just past the car park he was practically on top of me. Then he pushed me out onto the road just as you were going by in your car.' She took a deep breath and Keith noticed tears trickling down her face. Her story seemed so preposterous, yet she was obviously convinced it had really happened and what's more, she was terrified. 'You still don't believe me do you?' He sighed and reached for her hand. 'I don't know,' he sighed. 'But your story fits in with what someone else told me.' He went on to tell her about the meeting with Anna and how she thought Kathy had been pushed. 'So why you wanted my help?' He asked. 'I thought if we worked together we might be able to stop George from haunting me.' 'But why me?' he realized he was still holding Kathy's hand, she clutched it tightly and looked away. 'Because you are - or were Edmund Lester.' 'How much longer do you have to stay in here?' 'I go home tomorrow, but I can't return to work until next week. I'm having counselling.' She looked down sadly. 'You're the only one who knows about George Bingham, I can't tell anyone else or they'd really think I was crazy; so they assume I deliberately ran out in front of you. They think I have a nervous disorder of some kind. Especially after the first night I spent in here.' 'Why, what happened?' 'Well I was unconscious most of the time, so I can't remember anything but apparently I spent most of the time muttering and being generally restless. You see he was in my head all the time, taunting me about the fact that he arranged for it to be you who had almost killed me. He was furious that I was still alive.' 'If all this is true, and I'm still not sure I believe it, I don't see how he could have arranged for me to be passing just at the right time.' 'Do you always go home that way?' She asked. 'No, I usually go out through the back gateway, it's nearer to where I live.' 'Then why did you decide to use the main entrance instead?' 'My car developed a fault that morning, the ignition wasn't working properly and it takes me ages to start the engine. I decided to take it to the garage on Milner Road and get it looked at.' 'Did you get it fixed?' 'I didn't need to, it's been okay since the accident.' Kathy smiled ruefully. 'He's played tricks like that on me before, to make sure I do as he wants.' 'You're telling me that a ghost did something to my car so I'd be going down that particular stretch of road at exactly the right time?' She nodded. 'So how come you were where you were at that time?' 

To be continued....

• Kitty
    Options

Hello friends, sorry I wasn't here yesterday. We were waiting for some things from Amazon to arrive. Two power towers, a table lamp, some cables and a watch. They were delayed due to traffic problems on the motorway. 😐️. I hope you're not finding this story too scary, it gets scarier and will cause your spine to tingle. Barbara is quite wrong about the doctor, but you will meet some rather interesting and Avant Garde characters.

Carol, some beautiful photos again, and Cookie is getting talkative, how lovely.

Barbara, Don't worry if you find my story taxing on your eyes. It won't really be suitable for Niamh - too horrific. Don't want to give her nightmares.

Mike, Elliott really is a brilliant young lad.

• frogmorton
    Options

Mike I totally agree with whoever put Elliott forward for pride of Britain! He totally deserves it. When do they chose the winners? Lovely photo of him too🙂

Well Joan i didn't get a rest at all! I got stuck in motorway traffic! for an hour an a half doing the ten minute journey here. When the motorway has problems they come through stafford and Cannock🙄 Any news on your heating? ((())) to you and Sue and your carers.

Barbara I think Lucy is too scared to drive certainly at the moment due to fear she might have a seizure and kill herself/someone else. She's just happy not to be having them👍️ so am I.

I am sorry the bloods are slightly worse I hope you can settle it. It will be no salt cheese now and why not tomatoes I didn't realise they were bad 😕

We did have the sunshine and the girls enjoyed their walk. They walked past Pom's where I was making table centrepieces. Pom says I am no longer an apprentice, but have served my 'time' now! Get me!!

Loving the story Kath! Definitely I would struggle to believe her if I was Keith it doesn't sound feasible. I wonder whether there are any other characters to come from the original story between Edmund, Sarah and George🤔

I agree to scary for Niamh.

We had motorway traffic coming through here too blocking up the main road and causing delays. I hope all your parcels arrived in time. Those towers are a great idea aren't they?

Hoping for a quieter day here today😴I'm wrecked!

Thank you whoever decorated the tree

Something to give us some energy....

• Mike1
    Options

Mike I totally agree with whoever put Elliott forward for pride of Britain! He totally deserves it. When do they chose the winners? Lovely photo of him too.

So far as I know he has been put forward for next year's awards.

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) I'm glad your parcels have arrived love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) Val ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) I'm sorry your kidney blood is worse ((())) we don't have salt on anything we use salt to put it outside when it's icy. Love to your son (((())) Niamh (((())) and Mr B ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend (((()))

Toni (((())) Lucy ((())) is very sensible young lady ((())) love to Paul ((())) and Charley (((())) and her fiancée ((())) and the carers ((())) I heard if the carers don't have the virus injection they could loose their job. Love to Tia ((())) Kari ((())) and Pom ((())) Toni you are good at everything you do have a rest full day ((()))

love to Bill ((())) Chris ((())) Mig (((())) Carol ((())) Mike ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Dream Thief (part 4)

'I always go that way home, if something had happened to change my routine I would have become suspicious. Remember I'm beginning to get used to his ways now. I'd have probably tried to avoid doing what he wanted - if I'd realized what it was he did want. He knows that too, the only person he could manipulate in the circumstances was you.' Keith was thoughtful for a while, he found Kathy's story difficult to take in, but what could he lose by humouring her? 'There's someone I'd like you to meet, she's a rather batty old lady - but I think she's our only hope.' Keith couldn't remember how many times he had imagined what it would be like to drive out to the country with Kathy. It was always a warm sunny day; his favourite CD would be playing and he and Kathy would talk and laugh as they drive along. The only similarity between imagination and reality was the weather. He hadn't felt like playing music; Kathy gazed out of the window but he knew she wasn't taking any notice of the scenery. He concentrated on the road ahead. The last few days had opened his eyes to a world he never knew existed and it seemed as though a dark shadow loomed over them. Kathy had returned home now and was still having nightmares.

'How much further?' She asked wearily. 'A couple of miles,' Keith turned the car onto a narrow lane with a thick Hawthorn hedge on either side. 'You'll see the house as soon as we get to the next bend.' Aunt Evelyn had been surprised when Keith called her.  enough you know.' It was a gentle rebuke but enough to make him feel guilty. 'I take it you're after something.' 'You know me too well Evie. I wondered if it would be alright for me to visit you on Saturday?' 'Of course it is darling, what a silly question.' 'I'll have someone with me, her name is Kathy.' 'Really!' From the tone of her voice Keith knew Aunt Evelyn's mind was conjuring up a white dress and veil while wondering what to buy as a wedding present. 'Now behave yourself Evie, it's not like that.' If only it were he thought. 'She has a problem you and your band of psychics might be able to solve.' 'My goodness, and there was I thinking you were a non-believer.' 'I'm not, but Kathy is, to her it's a matter of life or death.' 'That bad eh! Am I to take it that this girl is important to you?' Aunt Evelyn's intuition was still knife sharp, even at eighty-one. 'Given the chance yes, but she doesn't know it yet.' 'Take it from me my boy; a girl always knows when she's loved. What time Saturday?' 'About lunchtime - will the Pentangle Gang be there?' They can be; we'll make it a luncheon party and if the weather's fine we'll have it in the Orangery.

Craven House stood on the crest of a hill; the whole area was steeped in history and the house itself was once an Anglo Saxon manor house. Every generation since had tacked a bit extra on here and there. It had been in Evie's family since the end of the Civil War. Although it was a hotch potch of styles she loved it; 'Almost there,' Keith glanced at Kathy. The dark rings beneath her eyes couldn't hide the fact that she was exquisite. Her pale oval face framed by glossy dark hair that fell in waves to her shoulders, normally looked serene and the tiny upturned mouth hinted at a wicked sense of humour; but now she just looked exhausted. Aunt Evelyn had seen the Volvo approaching and was waiting by the door as they came to a halt. 'I hope this nephew of mine has been looking after you properly,' she linked arms with Kathy and led her inside; Keith followed behind. 'I'll show you where to freshen up before you go out to meet everyone.'

Kathy looked around her; the 'Orangery' was a large conservatory with a mural of an orange grove on one wall. Everyone was the 'Pentangle Gang' as they liked to call themselves; they sat in wicker chairs around a large glass topped table. 'We all have psychic powers of some kind,' Evie began. 'I read tea leaves and Palms. The Colonel has travelled the length and breadth India and picked up all kinds of tricks in his seventy-five years. He'll no doubt tell you tales of rope tricks; and Yogis lying on beds of nails.' The Colonel stood up bowed slightly, took Kathy's hand and kissed it with a flourish. 'Very good to meet you m'dear,' Kathy couldn't help but smile. With his weather-beaten complexion, monocle and curly moustache, he was exactly how she had always imagined an elderly colonel of the old days would look. 'His knowledge of Eastern Mysticism and reincarnation is second to none.' Aunt Evelyn continued. Opposite the Colonel sat two middle aged ladies, Leticia and Lavinia Arkwright were fifty-year-old twins. Otherwise known as Lettuce and Lavender they were a formidable sight; their fading red hair piled high, they wore pearl chokers and several large stoned rings on each hand. 'Lavender is a medium and takes part in my séances.' Kathy wondered how she would tell which twin was which. 'Lettuce has visions and premonitions which often scare her, let alone anyone else.' 'If you don't know who is who dear,' one said 'just look at our brooches. Mine looks like a sprig of lavender - so you know who I am, the other is Lettuce.' Kathy looked and sure enough the brooch was exactly as Lavender had described. Lettuce's brooch on the other hand was a Rose. 'Well she can hardly wear a lettuce leaf can she dear?' Lavender laughed raucously. 'The fifth point in our pentangle is Valeri,' Kathy turned to see a tall, slim, elegant gentleman in his fifties. 'He was a Russian Civil Servant but defected to England in 1976 when still a young man. 'His powers of telepathy are amazing. Do you know, once he described a picture drawn by a visitor who was two rooms away.' Aunt Evelyn was obviously impressed by the Russian. 'A pleasure,' Valeri spoke excellent English with a distinct accent. 'Where's Keith?' Kathy asked. 'He's had to go and sort out a little problem with my computer dear,' Aunt Evelyn explained. 'He'll join us as soon as it's done.' Kathy began to feel a little uneasy and noticed that Lettuce - or was it Lavender - was looking at her in a strange way. One glance at the brooch told her it was Lettuce. Evie had noticed too. 'What is it dear?' She leaned forward and touched Lettuce's hand. 'I can see a long tunnel, someone is walking through it - but I can't see who. It's too dark to see anything, no wait. It's not dark; it's covered by a large shadow - oh! It's gone.' Lettuce had turned quite pale and began to shake. 'She always goes like this when she has a vision,' Lavender explained. 

To be Continued......

• Kitty
    Options

Toni, the story is a bit barmy, but I hope you enjoy it anyway. The stories I've written are mostly dark and only one has been published, in a newspaper. Not a dark one though, I might post it one day.

Joan, the lamp is brilliant and my watch is gorgeous. Unopened as yet, because its battery has a clip on it to stop t from working. When I break it off, it will start working and as I have 2 watches already, I'm saving the new one.

I hope everyone is well and keeping warm. Joan, how is your heating? Toni, I gave Holly and the girls their treats yesterday.