Comments

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Ok Tc @Turbogran , I hope everything goes ok. X

• bosh
    Options

Hi @barbara12 , that’s great about your garden , great exercise too. Have a nice afternoon.

• bosh
    Options

Hi @dachshund , how are you doing today?

• bosh
    Options

Hi @kathleenT , ok no problem about the tea, lol , I don’t take sugar either, do you take sweetener? I do and it helps me, even though the taste isn’t always that great, I like Splenda best, but it’s too dear for me to get all the time. I’m going out for a meal tomorrow with family ,in Maidenhead, to celebrate my sister’s birthday, she’s 40. It’s a posh French place, so I’ll have to avoid desserts etc as I have dentist on Fri, oh no! I’m having fish, but the puy lentils look good too, has anyone ever tried cooking with this type of lentils? I had them once in a restaurant, but the sauce was too rich and upset stomach, but I liked the taste of the lentils themselves. Take care.

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Evening all very very warm here

Toni the bee bombs worked a treat so many corn flowers in them ..so did the cheap box of seeds ..I think our fir tree is keeping to much light off now and the poppy's arnt happy ..so they might just come up again sometime..thankyou P

Yes xrays but he said my knees might out live me with the back log 🙄 xx

Joan are you happy with your trim..our little cafe Say's the sane about mask ...I am hapoy to keep wearing them xx

Bosh I can't take ibuprofen because of these kidneys or any antiinflamatary ..abd they worked a treat ..I love chocolate though ..sorry you can't eat it xx

Mike you really look after your home help,bet she loves coming to you xx

Kath I wish you could get a new hip ,mine are brilliant ..just the rest if me 🤭

Thankyou for the carob biscuits recipe ..xx

Love to all

Xxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    edited 14. Jul 2021, 05:13
    Options

Morning everyone.

Lovely sunny day again. Lots of noise at ours with the builders cutting paving slabs and digging up the front 🙄

Viennese whirls and kit kats Mike! Oooh lovely 😋 hope your HH was well and you had a good natter.

Bosh I hope your sister has a lovely birthday today and you cope ok watching them all eating chocolate 😫

How old are all your nephews/nieces?

I have 3 nieces and one nephew my older sisters son he works for my husband.

It's a shame about ibuprofen as Barbara said they really worked! Glad a dr did finally spot your anaemia gosh that's bad.

Joan there are exactly 2 years 9 months to the day between Charley and Lucy! Tia being step daughter is about 6 weeks younger than Charley. ((())) xxx

Kath Sleek says she can definitely do hips and is working on knees.....she has been watching the supervet😮😮😮

So she'll do yours when Barbara has her knees sorted.

You know you have an awful lot going on...plenty as a result of the cancer treatment but you DO cope well most of the time and are fully entitled to feel less than great at times ((()))

Bosh's tea is great isnt it?

Barbara I have two bee bombs and a packet of out of date meadow seeds from a neighbour so should be ok!

Your knees will outlive you? The new ones?? If not he was very cheeky!!

Yes P says that the poppies will be back. There hasn't been much sun this year to be fair.

Carol you need to be very careful indeed with infected eczema. Sleek reckons she has a poultice so be warned!!

• frogmorton
    Options

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Viennese girls and kit kats Mike! Oooh lovely 😋 hope your HH was well and you had a good natter.

Lovely natter thanks. She mentioned that she had been to M&S and, amongst other things, had bought a large Key Lime Pie. I said that that was one of my favourite treats and that I missed being able to go shopping, especially browsing. In fact M&S was one of the last places I went shopping before the DVLA took my driving licence away; I was unsure of the opening times so I got there just after 8, got my wheelchair out and sat in front of the doors waiting for the 08:30 opening. Me being me I nodded off and would you believe at least a dozen people went past me when it opened without waking me up or seeing if I was OK! Anyway after a couple of brews and her jobs done she left only to return a while later with a slice of Key Lime Pie which she put in my fridge. I had intended to save it until dinner time but it kept calling my name so an hour or so later I scoffed it! It was lovely!!

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) it must be hard taking so many tablets some you have with food some with out food you have to have your mind on what you are doing. I take mine in order. Love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Carol ((())) you must feel so excited all the best to the baby and it's mother ((()))

Bosh ((())) have a good day with your sister and her children ((())) and a happy birthday to her when it comes ((()))

Have a good day Barbara ((()))) and family and Toni and her family ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Love to Chris ((())) Mig ((())) Mike ((())) and Elliott ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Morning, I'm feeling a tad chirpier today, although first thing I just wanted to die. 😱

Joan, I split my tablets into two groups. First lot I have with breakfast second lot I have with afternoon tea. Then my patches get changed every 3 days, Oramorph before bed, and inhalers, twice a day and nebuliser once a day - how do I fit it all in? Love and hugs to you, Sue, Lexi and Pepper.

Bosh, no I don't take sweeteners, I prefer it without. My gran used to drink very strong tea and when mum was little she'd put sugar for her. But mum never drank it. But one day she picked gran's tea up and guzzled the lot. She was a big tea drinker after that. at least 10 cups a day! She passed away in 2010 at the age of 80. Dad is 90 and still doing well apart from Arthritis, cataracts and Macular. Here he is cutting his birthday cake at his Friday club last November, bless him.

Mike, fancy walking past you without checking you were OK! That is awful, but at least your lovely HH got your favourite cake for you. Bless her.

Barbara, I'm pleased you liked the Carob cake. As far as my hips are concerned, I won't hold my breath with the NHS struggling the way it is. Anyway, I couldn't leave Chris by himself the way he is.

Toni, thank you for the eggs on toast, just what I needed. I'll book myself in with Sleek to do the hips. I'll treat her to a few jars of Whelks as a thank you.

Pickled Whelks: Sea Snails

Print

That's right: sea snails. The gastropods are making a culinary comeback and this pickling recipe is a great introduction to the unusual ingredient.

Ingredients

Brine base

• ⅛ cup sea salt
    • ⅔ cup water
    • 1 cup white vinegar
    • ¼ cup sugar

Pickling spices

• 1 bay leaf
    • ½ star anise
    • 2 juniper berries
    • 1 pinch mustard seed
    • 1 tsp whole peppercorns

Pickles

• ½ lb whelks, removed from their shells (don’t worry, they can be purchased this way)
    • 1 small red onion
    • 1 lemon
    • 1 large sprig of fresh dill
    • 2 large sprigs of flat leaf parsley (optional)

Instructions

1. Prepare the brine base by combining the sea salt, water, vinegar and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil then set aside to cool.
    2. Prepare the whelks by slicing the meat into thin strips or slices. Place the whelk meat in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. As soon as the water comes to a boil, remove the whelk meat and cool under cold running water. Set aside.
    3. Slice the red onion and the lemon (with the rind intact) into thin rounds. In a glass jar, gently layer the spices, whelk, lemon, onions and herbs until the jar is full. Pour the cooled pickling brine into the jar until all the ingredients are fully covered. Close the jar and refrigerate for at least 24 hours. Whelks prepared this way can be kept refrigerated for up to a week.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• barbara12
    Options

Evening will keep this short if you don't mind eyes are not good

Abd to top it off my Neuce and her partner both have covid..they have had there first jab ..but are still poorly

Toni it will be lovely when all the noise is done and uts all finished..thankyou fir the eggs in toast 👌 no he meant I orobly wouldn't get the knees 🙄..at least he was honest xx

Joan hope you ate all OK..at least its nice and warm for you xx

Mike I really hope you can get some sort if transport when it's safe to go out ..oh key lime pie I have hever had it ..but sounds good xx

Kath your mum and dad lived to a good age bless them ..my mum was 65 dad was 70..my brother 60..

I can understand how hard it would ge for you to have an op ..its a shame because at least your hip would ge oaun free xx

Love to all

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options

Evening all

No news on the baby front GD was induced at around mid day 12.30 ish. She started labour and we thought she was on the way however after a bit of a rough night. Everything slowed up and according to eldest GD at lunch time today so far anything they had tried was not working they apparently had a couple of other things they could try. Before resorting to a c section, which they will have to do soon due to the problem they discovered in her liver which after 39 weeks can be dangerous for baby. I think I did say that in a previous post.

youngest daughter had problems with her knee again yesterday and ended up at a hospital near her school for the second time in a week. She is now on crutches for the next couple of weeks.

I am suffering with this Eczema which on my back now but I have managed to get them to give me a face to face appointment tomorrow morning after numerous telephone consultations. The legs are not giving me much trouble for the last couple of days. I am getting so frustrated over it now,

Mr T is not taking kindly having to Keep apply really greasy emollient cream to my back but is doing it reluctantly because it is so horrible. Today it has been a really horrible day with it, thing is you can’t walk around with nothing on so that nothing touches it and start it itching 😲😲 oh what a sight that would be😜🤪😂😂

Mr T has been having problems with his laptop again so is not a happy bunny so it has been a fun day mmm 🤔 I don’t think so.

on the good side the dr doesn't think cookie is the problem because we have had her since last November and she said if it was her it would have happened sooner.

Sorry for my rant but I know this is the one place I can vent without any worry because you are all so special like an extended family.

will post more as soon as I can

love and sparkles to you all

❤️❤️❤️🌈🌈🌈

Stay positive always👍xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi @Turbogran , sorry you and your family are having such a tough time. I have skin disease too, last dermo I saw said I have psoriasis and poss a bit of eczema too and I may have some contact dermatitis too (??), not v clear, so the psoriasis is a definite, the others no one’s sure atm, all I know is I’ve been suffering all my life with my skin and when it flares up, it’s terrible, one doc said “it’s simple, don’t scratch and avoid all stress”, lol, she obviously hasn’t met my family lol, so I know something of what you’re going through, I love ranting too, but I’m exhausted after seeing my sis etc all day, u take care and have a good night. Tc. Xx

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone

Mike I thought I had corrected the Viennese whirls from girls!😳😳😳

I am disgusted how many people walked past you at Marks!

But your Home Help sounds lovely. What a thoughtful person to go the extra mile like that. I used to love key lime pie too (must find a vegan recipe) and it would have been calling me all day as well🤭🤭🤭🤭

Bosh I hope your medication is helping with your psoriasis? Lucy my youngest has had a few problems since her treatment for leukaemia one is acne the other scalp psoriasis. She has just started roaccutane for the acne and its completely got rid of the psoriasis too!!!!

Hope your sister had a good birthday and you've recovered from it all.

Barbara I could see your eyes were bad yesterday. I an sorry 😕

No way will you pop your clogs before you get your knees! I think I you have slightly longer than 18 months to 2 years! !! Sure he was being wry.

Your parents went early like mine. 66 and 70. Ah well we will do better I'm sure 👍

Kath Sleek is happy to do your hips but suggests we see if the Dr will do a steroid injection first. In fact she's quite keen!

My lovely neighbours he is going to have his hip done. He is in too much pain. But with the spinal block he will be home in a matter of days. They are hoping one of their sons can stay but if not she is insisting on residential respite bless her.

The jars have all come down ready to be filled with whelks by you both🤢 Sleek has her pinny on ready and the jars are loaded into the side car wrapped in bubble wrap......

Joan could you not see my post from yesterday? I was here. How are you and Sue doing? You never moan do you? ((())) xxx

Oh dear me Carol you are in a pickle. Mr T's laptop not working is a huge problem! What will you do with a grumpy Mr T? Tell him yo wear gloves to do your emollient it helps. It's not easy is is when you need to wear clothes. Streaking isn't legal is it? 😁😁😁😁

I am so glad its unlikely to be Cookie. I bet you were worried there. I have bouts of eczema too I think I its usually stress for me and once it was dust as we moved into an old house. Lucy gets it too bit it passes for us in time.

No news on the baby front yet? They will try something else today I'm sure fingers crossed we soon hear the pitter patter....🙂

It's right warm here.....the builders are rather noisy....

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) that is a lot of tablets and the patches you have it all under control so well. That's a lovely photo of your Dad (((())) we care about you we have one another to help us through this ((())) love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) Val (((()) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) don't worry it will all be sorted for you ((())) I read of a dog having a lot of injuries from trying to have sex with a hedgehog. Sorry a bout your eyes ((())) love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Carol ((())) good luck for to day with the baby ((())) I know itching can drive you mad (((())) love to Mr T ((())) and your family ((())) and cookie.

Toni ((())) I found your post from yesterday yes they are all close. When will the builders finish everything at least the noise means they are working. Your lovely neighbour has it all worked out. love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((())))

Mike ((())) I'm so sorry that happened to you((())) love to Elliott (((()))

Love to Chris ((()))) and Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    edited 15. Jul 2021, 11:24
    Options

Morning all. I'm having a reet good day today. I think my hip is behaving because it knows about Sleek's expertise and the thought of a steroid injection is putting it to sleep. ☺️

Carol, I do hope baby arrives soon as that liver problem doesn't sound good. 😥

Joan, thank you so much. You are both so loving. I consider the café dwellers as part of my family, and you all look after me so well. 💖👄

Toni, I hope Sleek enjoys the Whelks. I have a message for you which I will send you when I've finished this.

(((()))) to Mike and Bosh.XXXX

JUST FOR TONI

Key Lime Pie {Vegan, GF, Paleo}

Ultra smooth and creamy (and secretly healthy!) Key Lime Pie! No dairy, gluten, eggs or artificial ingredients. (No bake, Gluten-Free, Vegan and Paleo!) 

Ingredients

Crust

• 1 cup almonds
    • 3/4 cup pitted dates
    • Pinch pink salt - (optional)
    • 1 tsp ground vanilla beans - or extract (optional)
    • Splash of water to help blend - if needed

Filling

Instructions

• Pulse crust ingredients in food processor until sticky crumbles form.
    • Press into parchment lined 7" springform pan or pie dish. Set aside to prepare filling.
    • Rinse food processor & put in 2 avocados. Blend thoroughly. Scrape down the sides.
    • Add in lime juice, zest, syrup, vanilla & salt. Taste & adjust.
    • Stream in melted coconut oil.
    • Pour over crust.
    • Garnish with zest and lime slices.
    • Place in fridge for several hours to set. Enjoy!

https://prettypies.com/key-lime-pie/ Yx

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• bosh
    Options

Hi @barbara12 , how are you today? I see, I can’t have ibuprofen due to stony ulcer I once had, I can have chocolate sometimes, but I’ve got dentist tomorrow, so I need to be good.

• bosh
    Options

Hi @frogmorton , sister’s birthday wasn’t too bad thanks, but I got really hot and my skin really hurt, it wasn’t too watching the chocolate- eaters actually, lol, I actually wasn’t that hungry, I think from the heat. The nephews are 3 years old and about 6-7 weeks old. The older one shouted “Where’s pudding? “ as soon as he sat down in restaurant, you’ve got to admire his style, lol.

• bosh
    Options

How are you doing with @frogmorton ?

• barbara12
    Options

Afternoon all who turned the heating on ..our Aidan saying 🙂

My Neice is still quite poorly with covid ..she is only 37 ..😔

Bosh you do have some problems what with your skin and all..I hope you got that rest after your sisters birthday and today is a good one fir you xx

Toni yes we are breaking the mold on age ..I am glad your neighbour is having his hip replaced bless him I had a spinal block with both..and a small amount if sedation but it doesn't take much to knock me out..tell him it brilliant you come round so quickly ..xx

Joan you make me laugh..😂😂poor dog all thies spines..and thankyou and love to all of you xx

Carol I hope baby come naturally bless ..and your face to face is very helpful..xx

Kath I'm glad today us a good one fir you ..don't we appreciate them ..Toni can make the key lime pie and I will have a slice xx

Love to all

Xxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • bosh
    Options

Thanks @dachshund , it was v nice, but hot day and exhausting too. How was your day?

• bosh
    Options

Hi @kathleenT , I see, my dad also really loves tea, but due to his heart condition etc he has cut down a lot now. So sorry about your mum passing away, my mum is about 70 now, I’ve nearly lost her so many times, she has an early kidney checkup phone appointment, she’s stressing, we’re all stressing, but hopefully nothing much will be wrong. My dad is 80 , he’s in good health generally now, but he’s such a grumpy character, growing worse with age, I’m much closer to my mum tbh, I’m living with my parents now, it’s not ideal, but but I’m there for my mum and that’s the main thing. What a lovely picture of your dad! He doesn’t look grumpy at all. Also, what a lovely cake! My stomach is rumbling already. As for my interests, I like doing online crosswords, ok, I’m a bit addicted, lol,I try and go on a small walk, if I’m feeling up to it, baked some scones fairly recently, but admittedly not from scratch. Do you like word games? Take care.

• bosh
    Options

Hi @frogmorton , how are you today? Tbh the pills aren’t helping with my psoriasis that much, the dermo - recommended cream, plus an over the counter one I accidentally found, are helping more, opticrom eye drops are also helping, as it’s a hay fever medicine, but as with most things, there are some unexplained flare ups. Great about your daughter’s skin. Generally speaking the birthday event was nice ty, but hot and tiring. Ok, I’m trying not to get RSI etc, so bye fr now, hope you’re well? X

• frogmorton
    edited 16. Jul 2021, 06:21
    Options

Morning everyone!

The heating is definitely on here Barbara! Aidan would be getting the aircon out. I have already and back to fly catching and releasing. I know I am mad!

I will tell my neighbour how brilliant the spinal block is. They have a newer treatment too....'minimally invasive?' Hoping it exists here 🤞 quicker recovery in theory.

We will live longer then our children will even longer and so on 👍🙂

Bosh thank you I am doing well at the moment. Slight issues with GERD reflux? Sure that the ibuprofen didn't help with that even though it was great with pain. Ah well.

Your nephews sound very entertaining you know!! Imagine going straight in for pudding! I love him already💖

Yes skin flares up and down my Lucy could just be lucky atm the acne meds could be coincidental to her psoriasis being good just now. 🤞 I'm wrong though.

You enjoy that little bit of chocolate!

Someone once told me that as you get older for some people their worst attributes show more (grumpy Dads) mine actually got nicer!

Kath my kitty-kat! Thank you so so much for the key lime pie! I will have a go at that for definite I have missed it - and since Mike mentioned it I cant stop thinking about it! One or things to add to my grocery order....🤨

Good news about your hip. Sleek said she sneaked an Injection in while you were sleeping so maybe???

The whelks....well what a whiff! She keeps opening jars and passes the opened jar through to Winnie so the while house reeks fishy! Still they are happy😁😁😁

Hope all is well with you Mike and Elliott too I am still thinking of him. I expect they break up from school today.

Any news Carol? Any sign of little bubba? 🤞🤞🤞

Good luck with your apt unless it was yesterday but I think it was today.

Joan I'm glad you found my post. Sometimes I cant see someone's too. Odd that. Yes my neighbours are very sensible got it all planned as far as possible without a date yet. Saw a lovely little 1 year old dachshund yesterday he was so sweet with his little wrinkly paws. So friendly 💖 ((())) xxx

Love of course to Chris ((())) xxx

Marty sauce, brown sauce or mayo even mustard available.

Vegan option too of course xx

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

I have tried a new service on my Surgery's website this morning. As it s nigh on impossible to get through to them on the phone without a wait in excess of 40 minutes, let alone get a face to face appointment, I found an NHS contact form on their website which enables you to get on-line advice from their archive or, depending on one's answers to the questions, it refers one to the 111 service, and if you can get past all that it emails your query to the surgery where it is referred to a GP; the system states that one should have a response within 48 hours. Anyway, given my OA and Degenerative Facet Joint Disease I have long heard my vertebrae grinding against each other when I move my neck, in fact I have out up with this for years, recently added to this has been the sound akin to crushing a packet of crisps especially when I move my neck to the right. About 3 years ago an x-ray revealed that the degeneration was getting worse and an OT prescribed a cervical collar which I wear when my neck is not otherwise supported, i.e. sitting in my recliner. It will be interesting to see if and when I get a response and what that response may be!