Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) sorry about your irritable bowel not nice ((())) have a good rest on your day off ((()) love to Chris ((()) and Anita ((())) and Val ((())) Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Bosh ((()))I'm Joan I live with my twin sister sue we have c palsy I have Osteoarthritis I take 15 tables a day.

Have a good day (((()))

Barbara (((())) that's nice you can see Niamh ((())) again ((())) thank you for the photo ((())) love to Mr B (((())) your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())))

Toni ((())) thank you for the video it was good have a good weekend all of you ((())) love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

love to Chris ((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((())) Mike ((())) and Elliott ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Morning everyone, good news today. The roofers came at 8 o’clock this morning. They’ve gone now, but I’m not moving the bucket from the stairs until after it’s rained. Now we just have to wait for them to take the scaffolding away. I just thought I’d pop in quickly using my iPad, then I can have quick nap before ringing my dad. Have. Good day. Remember this pair of bloggers?

Emily and Alex, taken a few years ago.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Hi @frogmorton , good morning to you @Turbogran @dachshund and @kathleenT . The guests come and go, but tbh they seem to be here the vast majority of the time, there’s no compromises when they’re here, anyway I won’t write a thesis, lol. Thanks. @frogmorton , do you mind me asking what type of arthritis you have please? Mine is psoriatic. I also am not a football fan, lol. In my house my dad watches football, cricket, golf…I may have to practice my knee physio by kicking the tv, shush, don’t tell anyone. Croissants again, lucky Aidan, sorry is Aidan your son? I’ve lost track, lol. Tc.

• bosh
    Options

Hi again @dachshund , thanks for that info, I see, I also have to take quite a few pills ( I also have bipolar). My mum has to take thousands, well, a v large amount anyway, as she had kidney transplant. I’m so glad she’s well now, but she was on dialysis for 20 years and I’m always aware that things can go wrong with her health at any time really. It must be nice to have a twin, my sister is younger, but she’s v reserved with me, doesn’t speak freely. I hope you’re having a nice morning. Tc.

• bosh
    Options

Hi @kathleenT , great about the roofers, nice photo, are these bloggers your family members? I hope you don’t need the bucket for too long. I hope you’re having a nice day. Tc.

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Evening all no need to water the garden

Toni Aidan would be pleased we keep the tradition if croissants in Saturdays..yes the beers are big..there are many around here and are protected that one us a baby would you believe..

Niamh has gone home just ..she makes me cry sometimes ar 8 she is so wise ..she said gm you must never worry I will always make sure you are safe..goodness knows were that came from 😓

I hope you have sold many plants xx

Bosh your poor mum I have OA in most joints 2 new hips.. kidney disease..and now macular in my eyes ..but we plod on I know psoriasis arthritis is awful I hope its controlled for you xx

Joan have you and Sue been getting to your cafe ..we have been to ours just once and they had moved half the tables so felt safe xx

Yeepee kath has the roof done ..I hope its water tight for you ..love the photo of Emily and Alex, Emily always looks the parts 🙂xx

Love to all

Xxxcxc

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    edited 11. Jul 2021, 05:45
    Options

Ah Bosh Aidan (username 'Bubbles') was our friend and regular visitor to this café. He was an ex nurse, had Arthritis, COPD and diabetes was married to Bill (who we sometimes will mention) he was the one who started off all our silly, fun chat about our cats being able to use broomsticks, read, visit each other and us! He had a great imagination and was a mine of information, so supportive he was and kind. He used to post most of our food pictures.

Sadly he died unexpectedly very suddenly at only 58 of a heart attack, such a shock for us all. It was a year ago last December 12th December 2019. You would have loved him everyone did.

On a more cheerful note I have 3 girls Charley the eldest is getting married in January. Tia the middle got married August 2019 and Lucy the youngest is here with us having returned from a spell up in Glasgow. She had leukaemia just 3 weeks after her 16th birthday. After 2.5 years of chemotherapy she had to have surgery on her left hip and right shoulder replaced due to damage from the treatment. It's called Avascular Necrosis. She also has tonic clonic seizures now too, but they seem 🤞to have eased off a lot as we get further away from the chemotherapy.

I also have a cat 'Sleek' who is going to be 12 this year and Lucy's cat Winnie also lives with us but they don't like each other!

I thought you had psoriatic Arthritis for some reason not sure must be something you said. I have sero-negative RA and also some Osteoarthritis as well as COPD even though I don't smoke.

I am sorry about the fairly regular challenging visitors🙄. I suspect you must have a lot of patience! If it's any help the football should finally be over TODAY!! Just got to get through the final! Try hard not to kick the TV doing your physio😂

Barbara that newt was a BABY?!! Wow I bet Niamh loves them bless her. Gosh that's an old head on young shoulders. Imagine at 8! thinking about keeping you safe ((()))😓❤️

We did very well at the plant sale made almost £500! Incredible result! Mind we sold books and jigsaws and tea and cake too, but I 'womaned' the plant stall with two other ladies far more knowledgeable than me!

I will always do croissants for Aidan he loved them so much from his time living in France. Mind he also loved his cake!!!!

Kath I am THRILLED your roof is finally fixed and you should now be watertight🙂 I would also leave the bucket until we have a really good storm just to be sure and hope teh scaffolding stays up until the roof is tested!

Yay! Hi Alex and Emily! Looking good👍️

Of course you had to nip in even on your day off to tell us the roof news. I will need the scaffolding back probably in a week or so😉

Morning Joan I am glad you saw the video did you spot me? We have had a good weekend so far sold loads of plants yesterday and I have ordered us a takeaway lunch for today. Lucy's favourites TGIs so we will eat it in the van!!

Love to you and Sue ((())) xxx

Hi Mike we have some of your liquid sunshine er this morning thank you if you sent it up! Makes a lovely change ☺️

Love also to Chris and Carol

now it being Sunday it has to a fry up...and plenty of it!

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Like your breakfast picture, I had this:

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) thank you for popping in that's good your roof is done very good keeping the bucket there. Love to Chris (()))) Anita ((()))Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Bosh I'm glad you found this forum ((())) it is nice to have people to talk to who know what you are talking about. Don't kick the TV you might want it to watch some thing interesting.

Barbara ((()) Niamh loves you (((())) Good luck for tomorrow ((())) yes we are still going to the cafe the table's are spread out. Love to Mr B (((())) your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother (())) and his girlfriend (((()))

Toni ((())) I'm sorry you have that wrong my uncle had it and he smoked. Enjoy your lunch in the van yes that was a nice bit of money ((())) love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie (((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P (((())) and your lovely neighbours (((())))

love to Chris (((())) Carol (((())) Mig ((()))) and Mike ((())) and Elliott (((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Little Miss Sleek

Little Miss Sleek sits by the window

and watches the world pass by.

Little Miss Sleek preens her whiskers.

and washes her long fluffy tail.

She watches to see as the postman passes

without leaving-her any mail!

Little Miss Sleek purrs her pleasure so loudly

as  she curls on the garden seat so proudly

Little Miss Sleek has ears so chic,

And a tail she keeps incredibly neat.

Little Miss Sleek’s nature is awfully sweet

Which is why we call her Little Miss Sleek.

by Kitty Kat

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• Kitty
    Options

Good morning beauties, it keeps going a bit dull here I wonder if we'll get some rain? HEE HEE!

Joan, yes I've grown quite attached to my little bucket on the stairs so I'm hanging onto it for a while.

Toni, I thought you might send someone round to take the scaffolding over to yours What do you think of my new poem about Miss Sleek? I bet her printer has been busy this morning and she has a copy in her ickle house.

Bosh, the bloggers are my youngest daughter Emily and her best friend Alex. They aren't quite ststers, but as they (and myself) are Jehovah's Witnesses, we are spiritual sisters. Emily is into vintage, but Alex is a thoroughly modern young lady. They supported each other through their marriage break ups and now share a house together with Emily's sons Chester and Campbell., and their cats Miss Pond and Bertie.

Toni has already told you about our beloved Aidan. Our mentor, nurse and advisor. We miss him desperately.

Barbara, Niamh has an old head on young shoulders, bless her. As Joan says, she loves her grandma.

Greek Goddess Bowl

Ingredients

CHICKPEAS

• 1 15-ounce can chickpeas (rinsed, drained and dried well on a towel)
    • 1 Tbsp oil (coconut or avocado are best // omit if avoiding oil)
    • 1 Tbsp Shawarma Spice Blend (or similar spices you have on hand)
    • 1 Tbsp maple syrup or coconut sugar (if avoiding sugar, omit)
    • 1/4 tsp sea salt

BOWL

• 3/4 cup Vegan Tzatziki
    • 1 batch Red Pepper Hemp Tabbouleh (or sub chopped parsley)
    • 1/2 cup green or kalamata olives (pitted and halved/chopped)
    • 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
    • 1 medium cucumber (thinly sliced)
    • 1 medium carrot (optional // sliced thinly on a diagonal into “chips”)

FOR SERVING optional

Instructions

• Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C) and set out a baking sheet.
    • Add washed, dried chickpeas to a mixing bowl along with oil, Shawarma Spice Blend, maple syrup, and salt. Toss to combine.
    • Add seasoned chickpeas to the baking sheet. Bake for 20-23 minutes or until the chickpeas are slightly crispy and golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
    • Assemble bowl by dividing tzatziki, tabbouleh (or parsley), olives, tomatoes, cucumber, and carrots (optional) between two serving bowls. Top with cooked chickpeas and garnish with fresh lemon juice.
    • This bowl is delicious as is, but it would also pair well with my 4-ingredient Garlic Dill Sauce or my Tahini Dressing!
    • Best when fresh, but you can store leftovers (separately) up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Store leftover chickpeas separately in a sealed container at room temperature up to 3 days or in the freezer up to 1 month.

• bosh
    Options

Hi @barbara12 , nice to meet you, thanks about my mum, yes my PsA is more or less controlled thanks, I suppose I’m still getting used to the diagnosis and when I was diagnosed it was such a shock, as I was sort of moderately physically active…but yes, there are so many much worse problems…I have bipolar disorder and I’m really terrified some days, about relapse situations. Yes, we do indeed plod on and thanks so much for your support. Hi @frogmorton , ty for the info, sorry to hear about Aidan. I have PsA , that’s right. Nice about your daughter getting married. Ty about the visitors, lol. One of my baby nephews tried to sit on his 6 month old brother btw, my goodness, glad I’m not a mother, no offence, lol. Ok I know this is a brief message , bit tired, have a good day everyone, don’t kick the tv! X

• barbara12
    Options

Evening all tennis final was brilliant now for the football ..🤞🤞for England I was 16 when I watched us win last..sorry if I have already said this 😀

Bosh you have us lot to talk to now we don't mind all the ups and downs..I'm so glad your pa is sort of controlled xx

Joan don't we just appreciate our jacket potatoes..I know you and Sue like them has well ...thankyou I will let you know how tomorrow goes xx

Toni thankyou for breakfast ..blimey you did rause a lot if money well done all of you 👏👍Niamh us old headed and a proper worrier bless her xx

Kath I love your cat poem I'm sure miss Sleek will 😁

Yes keep hold of your bucket just in case ..it might be useful in the night....🤭but glad the scaffolding has gone at least

Thankyou for the Greek salad it looks so good and has my chicken peas xx

Love to all

Xxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • barbara12
    Options

My wild flowers xx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Oh Barbara your wild flowers are gorgeous! Just exquisite nature is wonderful I bet the insects love it? Did I say we are planning to have a natural pond at the top of the garden? It will not show because all around it I will plant the same as you. I have two bee bombs ready!

Niamh will do fine in life you know the way she is she is such a sweetie and loves life❤️

The tennis was great, but i heard we were rather rubbish after a good start....at the football. Oh dear. 

😣

Glad you enjoyed the breakfast did it feed you all? I bet Niamh was having her bacon butties c/o Grandad!

Best of luck today 🤞we are all ready to come with you underneath our cloak of invisibily!

Bosh there is no need to worry about posting loads just whatever you have time for it's lovely to hear from you. Arthritis is such a shock, such a shock. I almost work up one day stuck in bed in position unable to straighten up I was in agony. Looking back there had been one or two warnings which I had ignored in the months leading up to it.

Over time you get used to it and life goes on slightly modified honestly. Ask questions though do we are happy to help. I think Kath and me and now you have the inflammatory type of arthritis and the treatment and symptoms are very similar so we can help. Pain though is universal to all types of arthritis so all of us here understand ((()))

That must have been scary a squished baby😮 Was he or she ok?

Kath (Kitty-Kat) I was awoken by the printer whirring..... then a gap dropped off and it whirred again....multiple copies printed by Sleek for all her friends🙄😃

We love the new poem! None of us more than Sleek herself of course gosh is she preening! I hope her haed actually fits in her ickle house!

We don't need the scaffolding yes will be this week though probably...

and the Greek Goddess Bowl was fabulous ta. Ate so much I got belly ache!😋

Hi Joan - we loved our lunch it was so tasty and I didn't cook it so even better! Sorry your uncle had bad lungs so did our Aidan didn't he? I think Kath is right to keep that bucket there until it really rains! ((())) xxx for you and Sue

nice and simple breakie today after yesterday's excesses!

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

. Kath (((())) we have rain to day it might make it's way to you. Yes good poem your clever ((())) love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) Good luck for today ((())) Niamh is to young to have worries ((())) Nice your wild flowers. Love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) it's always nice to have a meal that you have not cooked and you don't have to do the washing up.

We are still going to wear our masks when we go in shop's. Love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Bosh ((())) have a good day

love to Chris ((())) Carol Mig ((())) and Mike ((())) and Elliott ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    edited 12. Jul 2021, 10:41
    Options

Morning beauties, I'm feeling better tummy wise now I've ditched the Soya milk, water is good so I'm going back to it. My Asthma and Hay Fever is running riot though!

Joan, we never got the rain. Yes I agree with you, face masks on no matter what anyone says. I bought some from Macmillan online, but as we never go out I've only worn them a couple of times.

That's a model BTW, not me.

Bosh, I've had Rheumatoid Arthritis for 34 years, along with Sjogren's Syndrome. I also have OA, Osteoporosis with spinal fractures, Vasculitis, Asthma, Bronchiectasis, Hypertension and IBS. Now I've thoroughly bored you, I'll move on to Barbara.

Barbara, your wild flowers are a delight. I used to borrow books from the library about wild flowers and clouds. I once knew quite a lot about both, but I've now forgotten it all.

Toni, haha, Sleek - what's she like? She'll make a famous poet out of me if she has her own way. I've had another idea for a poetry book, but not enough poems to fill it. If I did, I'd call it "Tall Tails and Whiskers" but don't hold youe breath.

the creamiest vegan rice pudding

The creamiest vegan rice pudding you'll ever try. An easy and healthy recipe that's so cozy and comforting. Enjoy for breakfast or dessert. Top with a scoop of homemade raspberry chia jam and coconut yogurt for extra decadence.

INGREDIENTS

• 1 cup arborio rice
    • 3 1/2 cups almond milk , plus more if needed
    • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
    • 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
    • 2 tbsp maple syrup , plus more to taste
    • homemade raspberry chia jam , for topping
    • coconut yogurt , for topping
    • cacao nibs , to sprinkle
    • coconut shavings , to sprinkle

US Customary - Metric

INSTRUCTIONS

• In saucepan combine rice and almond milk, cinnamon and cardamom. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low and cook stirring often for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked. (Keep almond milk close by, and add splashes more if consistency is getting too thick for your liking). When cooked add maple syrup, and mix to combine.
    • Scoop rice pudding into bowls and top with homemade raspberry chia jam, a dollop of coconut yogurt, cacao nibs and coconut shavings. Drizzle with more maple syrup to taste.

• bosh
    Options

Hi @dachshund , thanks, it is indeed nice to have people to chat with. I hope you’re having a good Monday? Thanks @barbara12 , that’s very kind. Lovely flowers by the way. Thanks @frogmorton , the GPs ignored at least one warning sign in my opinion, one of my swollen joints was described as “not a big deal”, until the knee prob ( and the agony ,as you so rightly mentioned ,started), anyway I won’t go into a diatribe, lol. The little boy baby was almost squished, my sister caught the naughty one in time, luckily. Thanks @kathleenT , that’s not boring at all , I don’t have IBS, but I did have a duodenal ulcer once, on holiday in India, it was a private hospital, but the standards were nothing like the NHS, I was in more pain than I needed to be really. I can luckily have soya milk, though I don’t massive amounts of it, but I still have certain amount of stomach sensitivity, I can’t have carob for example, I’ve recently realised, which is a shame, as I got really into it, even made a carob cake once, not sure where I got the recipe from though! My bro in law is a choc addict , once he ate a whole large family sized choc cake in one sitting, it was so big it could’ve fed the whole of Berkshire! Tc.

• barbara12
    edited 12. Jul 2021, 19:17
    Options

Evening all

Had a good appointment not physio..the consultant who I already knew ...said he though the leg pain might have been a bakers cyst ..I told him I felt fir a swelling at the back if the knee but he said you can't always feel it..anyway long story short both knees on the way out so next is xrays

Toni thankyou..I used the bee bombs and a box I got from home bargain..last years there were loads 8f poppy's but not many this year..your poor back I know you ende up having an op on it ..I was offered one.. a something ectomy...but not ready yet xx

Bosh you are welcome..thabkyou my garden keeps me sain..I agree with Toni we do learn to adapt xx

Joan thankyou..how is your hair looking see I remembered that ..abd I will carry on wearing mask xx

Kath thankyou I do like the wild patch if flowers.. saves me weeding ...😁 you have me fancying rice pudding..how good it looks 😋34 years is such a long time to have RA..and there seems to be more young people with it xx.

Love to all

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Morning Joan how are you two today? It's going to be warmer the coming days.... I was wearing masks before they said we should and like you will keep mine on in shops and when we start eating out. You are right 100% right. Nothing like a meal someone else has cooked and as you said no washing up! ((())) xxx

Kath Sleek already thinks you are a famous poet as you are in here anyway. Our café Poet Laureate 😊

Love the title for a potential new book ..

Your masks are great you never know when you might have needed them. Those two or three occasions might have protected you - who knows?

Rice pudding! Vegan rice pudding! Yes please....if it wasn't hot I would face plant I love the stuff!😋

Bosh I am similar with my belly I think it must be connected to the Arthritis so many of us have issues. I can't take ibuprofen at all no diclofenac etc it gives me a bad belly and I once had a stomach bleed when I took ranitidine instead of lansoprazole so I went back on it ASAP!

Shame about soya I am ok on soya at least. Carob though? That's terrible you poor thing!! Imagine your BIL eating a whole cake to himself naughty boy!

Glad baby boy survived being squished. I suppose younger sibs are at risk a bit - I remember Charley trying to put Lucy in her car seat so we could go out once when I was using the loo! Bless her Lucy was all squished arm underneath her!!!

Like you signs were missed with me I went to the GP with swelling (coincidentally) after swimming and he said oh good swimming is good for you keep it up!🙄

Barbara you used Bee bombs? That's good to hear so it will work?😊 there's a chap in the village who does ours really well our wildflower areas we have had them as long as I've been here. He gets bulbs special ones clears and rakes the areas every year. Don't worry about your poppies they will be back when the weather suits them. P says they can lie dormant for years.

So your knees are on their way out now? Bless you I am sorry about that, but not surprised. So it might have been a baker's cyst? Well I never I bet Aidan would have known that straight away.

X-rays yes all good then hopefully surgery if they can or at least a steroid injection to try?

Adapt is what we do life is ok. Scary at first though without a doubt when you first get Arthritis. I thought my life was virtually over.

Enjoy your visit from the Home Help today Mike, you and Vixen, extra fuss for her and a natter for you. Wonder what biccies you are having?😊

Love to Chris still recovering and preparing for her cruise and Carol whose GGdaughter is due in 4 days now!

What shall we have today? Lets go American and have waffles!

Think it goes best with tea? Bosh can you pop the kettle on?

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Enjoy your visit from the Home Help today Mike, you and Vixen, extra fuss for her and a natter for you. Wonder what biccies you are having?😊

Morning petal. Looking forward to it as usual, I have Viennese Whirls today and also some KitKats in the fridge 😋

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) I'm sorry you have so many things to cope with you manage them so well (((())) I know we have to learn to cope with everything that's sent our way. love to Chris ((())) Anita ((()) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) that's good something is being done to help you ((())) when I had my trim the lady there said they would like everyone to carry on wearing their masks in there. Love to Mr B (((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((()) how many years difference is there between Charley and Lucy it's nice when they are close. Love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((())

Love to Chris ((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((())) Mike ((())) and Elliott ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options

Hi all

Been having problems with the eczema and not been on line a lot. I will update you more later today but just a quick one our Granddaughters induction will be going ahead today instead of Saturday she is at the hospital as I post so hopefully good news.later today. Will update you all the reason later.

love and sparkles to you all ❤️❤️❤️🌈🌈🌈🌈

Stay positive always👍xx
  • Kitty
    Options

orning all, oh it's so dark here today. Yet it isn't raining (yet).

Joan, I used to manage them but right now I'm so fed up pf it all. It's only my lovely friends hee that keep me going. 💖 I WANT ME MUM 😪

Barbara, so you're going to get new knees, could you get me a nice new hip while you're there? I'm sure Sleek could do the op, she's coming along in leaps and bounds now.

Carol, how lovely, you might have a new baby by tonight. I hope all goes well.

Bosh, oh yes plase, a lovely cuppa a drop of milk but no sugar thank you.

Toni, Bosh makes super tea, I might let you have a break from making our usual builders. But you can bring the biscuits please. I quite like carob biscuits. I think I'll look for the recipe.

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

1. Grease or spray cookie sheets. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.

1. With a mixer beat butter, date sugar, brown sugar, milk and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add egg and beat well. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in 1 cup carob chips.
    2. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.

1. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

• bosh
    Options

Hi @frogmorton , thanks for your nice message, I also can’t take ibuprofen, oh no, stomach bleed, that sounds terrible. I can have soya milk in moderation, so it’s not too bad. Yes, the carob problem is very annoying, lol. Younger siblings can make difficult situations, that’s true, i once tried to take my baby sister on a walk with a friend. I know what you mean about some of the GPs missing signs. I was anaemic for years and the senior GP did nothing, one of the younger GPs eventually gave some medicine. Yes, I’ll happily put the kettle on, lol. Nice waffles btw. My sis and babies are visiting today and tomorrow is her birthday, so I’ll have to watch everyone eat chocolate etc, while I wait for tooth extraction on Friday. Take care.