Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    Options

Good morning everyone

Barbara ((())) thank you for your kind words ((())) I could not sit there and drink coffee while they did sue she's my sister so I help her 3 times a day they come so she can get on her scooter to go for a walk and then they change her pad and put her in her wheelchair then they come back later to put her to bed with out them she cold not do anything she can not stand or walk. Sorry to go on. sorry about your brother loosing weight (())) what do you think about not wearing masks soon. Love to your son ((())) and Niamh (((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) sorry about your neighbour having bed sores not nice (((())) yes I remember you posting a photo of Penelope wearing her cover it looked good. Love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari (((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours (((()))

Mike I feel sorry for you ((())) we use a bus that comes to our front door it takes electric wheelchairs and it takes us in to town or where ever we want to go they charge 3 pound 30 each way they are called Akcess or dial a ride. Love to Elliott ((()))

love to Chris ((())) Carol ((())) and Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Morning everyone, oh lovely, we have a new friend. Hi Bosh 👍️ .

Well we're still sat sitting here with the delightful sight of bright yellow scaffolding out front and still a hole in the roof. 🙄.

Mike, a very moving piece if I may say so. I have to agree with your comment "anger at the able bodied whingers and non-compliers. "

Barbara, I'm glad your roof is still sturdy - unlike ours. Yes, I had a text from my GP asking me to make an appointment for a shingles jab. Silly sausages know my situation so what's that all about? They're lucky I found it as they sent me a text and I never put my mobile on. They have my email address, and so she carries on moaning at the powers that be.

Toni (or should I call you Peta?) I swear I'm developing whiskers, just like a Kitty Kat.

I think I'll save that, it can be my signature from now on. Miaow!

I spent most of yesterday listening to my audio bible, napping, and watching Midsomer Murders. All repeats of course, but at least I can remember them.

I enjoyed the breakfast you gave us, so now I must find something for supper.

Crispy Tofu Bowl

Fried tofu adds a delicious crunch to this cucumber and cashew-filled vegan quinoa bowl.

Ingredients

14 oz. extra-firm tofu

1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced

1/4 c. red wine vinegar

1/4 c. Thai sweet chili sauce

1 tbsp. olive oil

1 seedless cucumber, chopped

3 tbsp. cornstarch

2 tbsp. vegetable oil

1 c. quinoa, cooked

2 tbsp. roasted cashew halves

Parsley leaves, for garnish

Directions

1. Slice tofu 1/4 inch thick. Place on cutting board between paper towels; top with baking sheet. Top with large cans or other weight; let stand 10 minutes. Soak red onion in cold water.
    2. Whisk red wine vinegar and Thai sweet chili sauce, olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Pat onion dry; toss with half of vinaigrette and cucumber.
    3. Sprinkle tofu on both sides with cornstarch. In 12-inch skillet, heat vegetable oil on medium-high until hot. Carefully add tofu. Cook until deep golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
    4. Divide quinoa among 4 bowls. Top each with salad, roasted cashew halves, parsley leaves and tofu.

Test Kitchen Tip: Love your tofu extra crispy? Let stand 30 minutes instead of 10.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Hi @frogmorton thanks for welcoming me to the cafe and filling me in. I have allergies, so I don’t have pets myself. I don’t mind turmeric tea if it’s hot and brewed normally, but sometimes I get distracted by trying to do everything simultaneously before I run out of steam and end up drinking the demonic cold over-brewed version. One of my good friends is a cat owner though, she loves cats so much that she lets her own cat bring dead mice into her bedroom, lol. That looks like a good breakfast of croissants, I’m quite jealous, lol. Hope you’re having a nice weekend?

• Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options

Hi everyone,

It has been a busy few days I met my friend on Friday for coffee for the first time since the first lockdown. So had a nice afternoon

the eczema on my legs started weeping I thought it was getting better, however looking it up weeping mean it could be the skin is infected. And by yesterday it was really angry so went off to the nearest hospital walk in centre to us to get it it checked out. Checked in around midday and after a wait of 2 and a quarter how’s was seen by a doctor who diagnosed infected Eczema. So I am now on high strength antibiotics for 7 days , and have been given steroid cream to rub on. If it is not showing signs of improvement by tomorrow I have to go back to the hospital Tuesday and have IV antibiotics. So I am keeping my fingers crossed this is going to work. It dose seem a bit better today. Mr T is using our sofa bed as to cover the bottom half of my Legs makes it itch more. And after neither of us having hardly sleep we decided it was better until it has improved a bit. I must say today it doesn’t seem to be weeping as much.

The good news yesterday morning was that Mr T’s test came back negative although he still has to isolate until Wednesday evening but he doesn’t have any symptoms.

Youngest GD as got a date when the baby will be induced as the 17th. So we are on count down now. Only just under 2 weeks to go. We have the hotel already booked in August to go and see them.

Today is our wedding anniversary 51 years. We were supposed to have a meal out after church however because of Mr T isolation we couldn’t do it. So hopefully we can do it next weekend if all goes well with my legs. Had a lovely bunch of flowers yesterday by inter flora from youngest daughter. As you could not come and see us

Miss Cookie is fine and and is as mischievous as usual. I was not her favourite person on Friday night when because we were getting no sleep I moved out in the living room in the armchair. I moved her out of my chair which is where she sleeps at night despite the fact that she has her own bed. 🤔🤔🤔.

Mike that was a good write up you couldn’t have put it any better.

I must leave you now as I need to cream my legs again. And get our tea ready.

love and sparkles to you all

❤️❤️❤️🌈🌈🌈

Stay positive always👍xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Evening all we have thunder ⛈🥺

Toni I don't think I have see Penelopes cover ..thankyou fir the breakfast blimey looking at it made me full

Glad Lucy us doing ok I didn't expect anything else bless her..plants all ready its proper exciting..many hugs for P (((())) xx

Joan you never ever go on..this is why we are hear then you can talk about things I have always admired both you and Sue ((((()))) xx

Bosh good to hear from you ..hope all is well with you ..enjoy the cafe cake xx

Mike that is very well put ..the councils seem to be forgetting about people that need extra help..what a shame there is only one taxi ..are there any volunteers in your area ..I know many have been helping in the lockdown xx

Kath they had better get that roof done soon..I remember the times they would have been there sharpish with a leaking roof xx

Carol poor you nothing worse than sitting about in a&e..especially with arthritis I hope whatever they have given you works a treat..not long not fir another ggc xx

Please ignore any typos

Love go all

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Mike that is very well put ..the councils seem to be forgetting about people that need extra help..what a shame there is only one taxi ..are there any volunteers in your area ..I know many have been helping in the lockdown xx

I don't know about volunteers, I live in a small group of 30 bungalows which were classed as sheltered housing until a few years ago when the Housing association withdrew the Warden on the grounds of cost. At that time all occupants were either elderly or disabled but since then they have allocated properties to anyone. That said many of us have Home Helps be they through social services or, like me, paid independently so someone should be aware that some of us may need a bit of help. My Home Help will get things for me if need be and I suppose I could reach out to local charities and ask for help but that is something I will not do. Since posting my missive yesterday I have done a bit of research and found a local social enterprise that has a mini-bus which can transport elderly and disabled people to various places and they have one vehicle which can take a wheelchair but one has to get out of it into a normal seat during the journey; due to my back I cannot sit comfortably in a normal seat so that counts me out of using that service. I also confirmed that there are no wheelchair accessible buses down here.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options

Well Mike I really hope your email gets published it's brilliant! Well said and will certainly make people think about 'their lot' and count their blessings and maybe (just maybe) think again about their own actions.

Utterly shameful that the Council only rang that one time and never checked in on you again. I hope someone from there reads it too Mike.

I see from your second post that you have looked into the social enterprise scheme. Sadly not good for you, but I expect others who can sit in ordinary seats could use the scheme and also don't know about it.

Well done.

Joan you and Sue are wonderful sisters both giving each other so much 💕My neighbour's husband came over yesterday for a look around the garden and to use our garden waste bin! She is ok, but bored so I am going to spend a whole day there soon and maybe P will join us if she can manage the stairs or go up in the trough lift maybe. Take care both of you ((())) xxx

Kath I love the cat drawing please do add it as your signature if you can! Sleek reckons it is 'byute if ul'

Oh dear it rained her yesterday so much and your roof still only has scaffolding.....is Holly back yet? If so get her to add some bunting!!

Listening to your bible and watching Midsomer Murders? Sounds a lovely day to me🙂

Not much on TV unless you like sport ATM is there and repeats are just fine if you enjoy the programme.

Thank you so much for the Tofu bowl it looks fabulous😋 Very glad you enjoyed your breakfast.

Well Bosh @bosh you can enjoy our cats from the safety of your own home allergy free! Erm no dead creatures getting chomped in my bedroom? No I draw the line there🤢 Your friend has a better stomach than me!

I'm glad you like the turmeric tea hot and perfectly brewed because it is rather tasty and I think good for us? Inflammation wise?

I had a good weekend thank you planning what plants for have in my raised beds when they are finished and not making cups of tae for our builders! Hope yours was good?

Oh dear me Carol! That sounds dreadfully uncomfortable. Mr T has proven himself there sleeping on the sofa bed so you can keep your legs exposed so they itch less. Sending ((())) and hoping for rapid improvement for you.

Extra incentive to get fit for the August trip to see the family such a lovely event to look forward to.

Good news Mr T is COVID free is he allowed out now then?

Happy belated Anniversary to you both 51 years! Well done

I bet your daughter is missing you not being allowed to visit.

Oh dear poor miss Cookie losing her 'bed' but at least she had you with her all night. I don't think Sleek has ever slept in her own bed.🙄

Hello Barbara. I won't actually plant any of my plants until the work is nearer completion. The have to pave the patio and decking which will mean cutting i suppose and they would get dusty? But I am loving making decisions!

I intend to steal plants from my lovely neighbours gardens and from P's too🙂 Much more personal that way.

We also had thunder and lots of rain the weirdest weather this year isn't it?

I will WhatsApp you a pic of Penelope's cover. It was my birthday present from Paul.....or maybe Christmas.🤓

Soon be able to see Niamh! I bet you cannot wait!

Right breakfast....workmen back today so thinking maybe bacon butties?

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) I'm sorry you still have the scaffolding and not the men ((())) I hope they come soon ((())) love to Chris ((())) Anita ((()) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) so you have had rain and your roof is alright good. Love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) I hope you can see her soon ((())) and your brother and his girlfriend ((()))

Carol ((())) I'm sorry your leg is painful ((())) Happy belated Anniversary to both of you ((())) love to Mr T ((())) and family (((()))

Bosh ((())) sorry you have allergies cats make me itch but I'm alright with my dog. Have a good day ((()))

Toni ((())) how is it where Tia ((())) works is the kennels still crowded. How is your back and neck now ((())) love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((())) I'm glad they are alright ((()))

Mike ((())) sorry you have a problem traveling there must be other people with the same problem that want to get out to appointment's ((())) love to Elliott ((()))

love to Chris ((())) and Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    edited 5. Jul 2021, 11:10
    Options

Morning all you beautiful peeps. First of all, I have a treat for you all. Emily's blog. No pics of Hennifer and co, but they have certainly been busy. But there's plenty of photos of home grown veggies.

Bosh, Emily is our youngest daughter and Miss Pond is one of her cats. She is a rather grumpy Tortoiseshell. I no longer have a cat of m own, but Miss Sleek and Miss Cookie often slip through the magic gate to visit me. If you have seen our poetry book "Tails From the Cafe" There are lits of pictures of various cats we have known and still love.

Carol, how exciting, baby countdown has begun. But I hope your poorly legs soon improve. Are you using Dermol? I have that on prescription for my vasculitis. Itchy legs are sometimes worse than painful legs.

Barbara, I see you have already seen and posted to Emily's blog, isn't it wonderful.

Joan, thank you. We are certainly very disappointed. But I expect it will get done eventually.

Toni, I enjoyed the bacon butty, thank you. I will certainly add "Kitty Kat to my signature. Holly is back and is planning another trio in August, they had a brilliant time. Now for supper.

Mushroom Tacos

I’m back with another clean-out-the-fridge experiment turned dinner staple, Mushroom Tacos. Made with shiitake and baby portobello mushrooms, hearty cabbage, and spicy tofu cooked in a sweet and spicy Asian sauce, these healthy tacos have been a hit at not one but TWO casual dinners I’ve hosted in the last two weeks.

Vegetarian Mushroom Tacos. Healthy and flavorful vegan tacos made with tofu and baby bella, shiitake, or oyster mushrooms in a sweet and spicy Asian sauce.

Ingredients 

• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
    • 12–14 ounces tofu Italian “sausage” or regular precooked Italian turkey or chicken sausage links spicy or sweet, as you prefer (we like spicy!), halved lengthwise, then cut crosswise into thin half-moon-shaped slices; do not swap regular plain tofu, as its texture and flavor will not work out properly
    • 1/2 small head green or red cabbage cored and thinly sliced (about 8 cups)
    • 24 ounces baby bella (cremini) mushrooms thinly sliced
    • 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
    • 4 large cloves garlic minced (about 1 ½ tablespoons)
    • 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
    • 1 bunch scallions thinly sliced, dark green parts divided from the light green and white parts
    • 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
    • 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
    • 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
    • 1–2 teaspoons ground fresh chili paste (sambal oelek), sriracha, or similar hot sauce or a pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
    • 1/4 cup finely chopped dry roasted unsalted peanuts plus additional for serving

For serving:

• Warmed flour tortillas

Instructions 

• Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large, deep dutch oven or wok over medium high. Add the chopped tofu “sausage” or chicken/turkey sausage. Cook until brown on all sides, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove to a plate and set aside.
    • Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Once hot, add the cabbage, mushrooms, and ⅓ cup water. It will seem like a ridiculous amount of cabbage, but it will cook down significantly. Let cook until the cabbage is tender and the mushrooms are browned, soft, and have given up their liquid, about 15 minutes, stirring often at first so that the cabbage at the bottom of the pan browns but does not burn. If at any point the mixture starts to become dry and stick to the bottom, splash in a little more water as needed.
    • Add the garlic, ginger, and white and light green parts of the green onions. Cook, stirring constantly, until very fragrant, about 1 minute.
    • Add the sauteed tofu or sausage, rice vinegar, hoisin, soy sauce, chili paste, and remaining 2 tablespoons water. Stir until everything is warmed through and combined. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Stir in the peanuts and remove from heat and sprinkle with reserved dark green onions. Pile inside warm tortillas and enjoy hot with a sprinkle of extra peanuts.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• bosh
    Options

Hi @frogmorton , thanks for your nice comments. Yes, that would be nice to enjoy cats allergy- free, lol. The cat- owner lady is quite obsessed with her cat, lol, once she took the cat to the vet because a dog scared it…quite a normal part of a cat’s life, I’d expect, lol.Thank about the tea, yes, good for inflammation and skin, I believe. I had a not so good day today, unfortunately, ran out of psoriasis cream, but got some more now, so that’s good, I’ve sort of “over- stocked” now, better than the reverse. Bacon butties, oh no, sorry, I’m not vegan or vegetarian, but I’m not too keen on a lot of pork products, I hate even the smell of bacon, but I can understand the appeal, iron - rich and good for energy, I guess..would prefer a cottage pie though, lol.

• bosh
    Options

Thanks @dachshund , that’s nice about your dog, unfortunately I’m allergic to those too! And I live opposite a park, never mind, haha. My day wasn’t so great, unfortunately, psoriasis was bad, but I’ve replenished cream stocks now, lol, so that’s good. Hope your day was good?

• barbara12
    Options

Evening all more rain

Bosh what a shame you have allergy to both cats and ..is this what can effect your psoriasis..hope it eases very soon xx

Mike I am sorry you can't use the transport so near yet so far ..maybe there is something else out there ..like toni says at least you have helped other that didn't know about it xx

Joan yes the roof is good..hope you are all doing ok xx

Toni thankyou for the breakfast and the photo of Penelopes cover really snug she us ..its a nice idea gettung cutting from your neighbours especially Ps..hope she us has good has can be ...xx

Yes Niamh next weekend but don't think the pool will be put with thus weather xx

Kath I am loveing your cat signature ...I always enjoy Emily blog I know were she gets the writing talent from 🙂thankyou fir the taco recipe..I screenshot them xx

Love to all

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone!

Looks like a wet day ahead here although maybe it will be ok rain isn't forecast. If it rains it's difficult for the builders to build the walls😕

I see a Kitty Kat signature Kath! Love it! Sleek approves wholeheartedly.

The rabbits are back in the garden here having to scare them off every morning before Sleek goes out. I have my football clackery thing!

Thank you for Emily's blog I will enjoy that little read😘

Lovely to hear Holly and the girls had such a great time in Skeggy. I hope she can get something in August for them too - making happy memories for the children is what it's all about 🙂

Thank you for the mushroom tacos super tasty recipe that right up (your's) and my street😋

Morning Joan. My neighbour is getting busy in the garden so much so that he used our bin too as we can't garden ATM 🙄 I think he is trying to get as much done (his son is helping) before they call him for his hip op.

Tia says they have got the numbers of dogs down pretty well now after all this pandemic, but they did have one or two returned😕 isn't that cruel?

Oh Bosh (@bosh ) that is daft cats do indeed get frightened by dogs and they tend to get over the trauma quite well on their own😁 Bless that lady she is maybe a little over-protective.

My youngest daughter has scalp psoriasis so you have my sympathy running out of your cream. She had leukaemia when she was 16 and it seems to have unbalanced a lot. She had hip surgery and a shoulder replacement as a consequence of the treatment too. Oddly enough she can't stand pork either. You must try some of the vegan products which replace those.

How fabulous to love opposite a park though! You can get your exercise in if you can manage it quite easily. Just avoid the animals!!

Barbara P is going to give me some honesty seeds and something else i can't remember....my other lovely neighbours have a perfectly gorgeous cottage garden so plenty to pinch there! P is ok...not as good but ok bless her still 'doing' as she does.

Penelope (My car in case Bosh wants to know) is very happy under her cover. Paul had it specially made in pink and her name added bless him.

I bet it feels like you'll never get the pool out again this year for Niamh🙄 at least you will see her maybe go and feed the birds again instead? You can get the chariot out😊

Love to Mike and Vixen - this week surely you will have a peaceful visit from your home help to enjoy🤗

Chris is getting excited about her cruise which must be only about 6 weeks away. Maybe similar for Carol's visit to meet the need baby Great-Grandaughter too😍

Another day of builders for me🙄

Hehehe!

I fancy cheese on toast for breakfast today:

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

After writing my missive which I reproduced on this forum I was told that I would be referred to their "befriending" service which I previously did not know about; yesterday I had an email stating that that would no longer be possible as the funding for that service had run out! To be honest I was not sure about it as I am so used to being alone but now I don't have to worry about it.

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((()) could your hole get bigger but then you've had it a while haven't you. Love to Chris ((()))Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) your face to face with your Doctor is soon I'm having a trim on that day that's how I remembered. Good luck.

Love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Bosh (((())) what part of the country do you live we are in Wiltshire.

Toni ((())) no I don't see how people can give animals back why have them I read of a lady who sold her dog because it did not match her settee. Love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P (((())) she is so good ((())) and your lovely neighbours (((())))

love to Chris (((())) Carol ((())) and Mig (((())) and Mike (((()))) and Elliott ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    edited 6. Jul 2021, 11:22
    Options

Morning all. sorry, but I'm just a bit fed up. No workmen. I asked for help inserting my Whiskers into my signature and Brynmor kindly Thank you Brynmor.

As you can see, Brynmor has made it so easy and I succeeded. Now I'm out of time - sorry.

Hopefully see you tomorrow.

• bosh
    Options

Hi @frogmorton , I hope you didn’t have too much rain? I missed most of the rain on my walk this morning, so that was good. Yes, I think the lady I know with the cat can be a bit overprotective, you’re right. She’s very reserved and after her dad sadly passed away (he had lung cancer, dementia, etc), she has become really insecure, I’m a friend of hers, of course, but she has lots of v close old friends and one sister, but I don’t think she’s ever really talked her feelings through with anyone, she may benefit from bereavement counselling (but she’d probably take offence if I suggested it). Oh well, never mind, we all have our problems. Sorry to hear about your daughter, that must be very difficult to suffer so much at such a young age. Vegan alternatives sound good, I’m of Indian origin, so I eat a fair amount of chickpeas etc, but I have to be careful with the amounts, as my stomach gets upset easily. Yes, park is nice in theory, but there are always millions of dogs around, lol, plus I get hay fever, it’s a nice view from my window though. Cheese on toast sounds great, lol. Have a good afternoon.

• bosh
    Options

Hi @dachshund , how are you? I am in the somewhat cliche- ridden southeast, lol, it’s not really my favourite part of the world, but my family is here, so that’s the main thing. I studied in N Wales, many centuries ago now, what it was a beautiful part of the country. I hope you’re having a nice day?

• barbara12
    Options

Evening all very wet here

Toni thankyou for breakfast low salt cheese on toast 😋still not found any at tesco I get the vegan slice they are lower in salt

I am hoping summer returns fir this pool I gave quite a large brown patch on my lawn...I used to gave lots if honesty in the garden not a clue were it went..

You must be aching to start 9lanting but it won't be long xx

Oh Mike talk about hitting brick walls ..hopefully something will come up ..can Safa not offer any help ...xx

Bosh I eat lots of chickpeas but like you lately they are causing tummy ache I can eat them hot with grated cheese on xx

Joan I am terrible with dates even though I write them down...so its your haircut day ..I have found a walk in one in the next town and I love it xx

Kath you can unburden on us lot..that blinking roof and all thus rain ..can you imagine what Aidan would say 😲xx

Right just eyes ard going

Love ti all xxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • barbara12
    Options

The lady birds are appearing there are hundreds all over the tree

Love
    Barbara
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options

Evening all

Barbara Yes a&e is no fun but it had to be done it could not wait until the Monday it would have been even worse.. funnily enough because my mind has been on the eczema and the itching my arthritis pain is not so bad. However I’d sooner the Arthritis than the eczema as it is very uncomfortable.

Hi Bosh nice to have you with us in the Cafe. Miss Cookie is my cat she is a tortoiseshell and a typical one at that an absolutely diva.

Joan my legs are not painful just so itchy and uncomfortable and although the eczema is infected there is no pain.

Kath yes getting quite excited about being a great nanny for the 7th time well technically 5 times the other Two being Gs step children but we treat them all the same.Ashley is now 4 the next one is Kian who will be 2 in August and in the same month Rubie will be 3. But of course the new Baby will be here before their bithdays. My legs are looking better slowly there is no weeping from them now so obviously the antibiotics are working. They are high strength Claryithromycinmm the dr I saw at the hospital gave me and Fucibet a steroid cream. And I am the using emollient my own doctor at the start which is Epaderm .

Toni yes it was a shame that our daughter was unable to visit yes poor miss Cookie lost her bed so she decided that the seat of my rollator was an ok substitute. And I am very thankful to mr T for sleeping on the sofa bed. I tried last night when I first got in bed to put my legs under the covers but after about half an hour I lasted about half hour then I had to take them out again. It is when I get warm now that they start to itch but that was an improvement to Friday night. Mr T still has to isolate his last day is tomorrow so allowed out on Thursday.

well I must go now so

love and sparkles to you all.

❤️❤️❤️🌈🌈🌈

Stay positive always👍xx
  • frogmorton
    Options

Joan how on earth can a dog 'not match' the sofa?! wicked some people and should be banned from having animals😕 Seeing P again later helping her make up bunches of flowers. ((())) for you and Sue xxxx

Mike well it's a good job you weren't holding your breath! I suppose that was another COVID cost that's been cut then the befriending service.🙄I am worried we won't be able to get supplies of our own lateral flow tests soon. That would worry me with having Lucy here now and her working at McDonalds. I have some, but not many.

Morning Bosh @bosh Hopefully the vet was kind to the lady and understanding about her concern over her cat's encounter with the dog. It sounds as though she is struggling a bit and the cat is really important to her. You are probably right about bereavement counselling, but you mustn't offend her quite right.

I love my chickpeas too they are so good for us! But can be tough on your gut if you overdo them!

South east of England is a big area. I have lived in Essex and Kent and Suffolk and was born in Bournemouth but now live in Staffordshire.

Barbara when is your apt? the same day I now know as Joan will look 10 years younger!

I can't believe you can find the lo salt cheese....maybe it's ASDA who does it? I used to get it for my Mum.

I do hope you get the pool out again Niamh hasn't been in it this year anywhere near enough 😕 today is more rain for us here after a bright start (now) not helping the builders at all.

Look at all those ladybird babies! They can eat a HUGE amount of greenfly chomp chomp.....shudder!

Kath thanks to Brynmor yesterday was not a complete write off for you. I love your new signature it's perfect.

I hope the roofers turn up today - I bet they aren't allowed on scaffolding in the rain with Health and Safety???

Sending you some ((())) hope today is much much better. Sleek is on her way in her Mackintosh and sou'wester bets have your airer ready.

Carol Kath said as much itching is VILE! It certainly pushes arthritis pain to the back of your mind doesn't it?

Of course all 7 are your great grandchildren because you love and treat them all exactly the same🤗but the new one is really cause for 🎉 celebration!

Mr T was kind and showed his caring side. You know what I want when this sort of thing happens is a bed cradle like they have in hospitals stops covers touching your skin.

Apparently Miss Cookie had been looking for an excuse to try out your rollator seat according to Sleek!😁

Mr T will be free tomorrow I am very pleased I bet you are too😉

I rather fancy some toasted tea cakes for breakfast today:

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) I'm sorry you have waited a long time you are not paying for it to be done are you ((())) love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) how is your leg ((())) will you be seeing Niamh ((())) this weekend ((())) love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Bosh ((()))our dad came from Wales we did our schooling in Cwmbran and Pontypool we were born in Oxford. I hope you have a good day ((()))

Carol (((())) I'm sorry about your legs ((())) you have enough to put up with you don't need that as well. Love to Mr T ((())) and family ((()))

Toni ((())) how is Lucy's ankle ((())) she's so good she copes with it all ((())) just like you ((())) love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) a d Lucy (((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours (((()))

Love to Chris ((())) Mig ((())) and Mike ((())) and Elliott ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Well hello there m delightful lovelies.

Joan, no we are not having to pay for the roof repair (when it happens) still no sign of the roofers, but the sun is shining so I'm not even going to think about it. (((()))) to you and Sue and some doggy snacks for Lexy and Pepper.

Carol, hearing about your Eczema reminds me of me and my Vasculitis. I scratched so much I had scars all over my legs and bum.

Barbara, what lush greenery and oodles of Ladybirds. I remember in 1975/6 we went to Mablethorpe and it was a scorching summer. There were Ladybirds everywhere - even on the beach!

Bosch, I'm so pleased you are becoming one of our regular friends. I'm afraid I'm the boring one in the café. Married with 5 children and 7 grandchildren. Born in Nottingham and lived there all my life.

Toni, no roofers, what a surprise. Sleek is here though, we are sharing a jar of cockles and are discussing whether they are better than whelks or not. We might try some tomorrow. Her waterproofs are hanging over the airer, but we don't have any rain ATM.

I'm off to search for supper, don't worry - it won't be remotely fishy. 🦑 Although I might make Sleek and I something with Squid.

VEGAN POTATO CASSEROLE

This vegan potato casserole has layers of Yukon gold potatoes, cauliflower, and spinach smothered with a creamy cashew sauce and topped with a crunchy toasted walnut breadcrumb crust.

Ingredients

• 4 Yukon Gold Potatoes sliced thin
    • 1 cup cauliflower
    • 1 cup fresh leaf spinach loosely packed
    • 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    • 3/4 cup raw cashews
    • 1 small yellow onion chopped
    • 1/2 cup vegetable stock
    • 2 cloves garlic minced
    • 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
    • 1 tbsp lemon juice
    • 1 tsp salt
    • 1/4 tsp pepper
    • 1/4 cup Panko Gluten-free breadcrumbs
    • 2 tbsp hemp seeds optional
    • 2 tbsp walnuts optional
    • 1 tsp Italian Seasoning

Instructions

• Preheat oven to 400 F.
    • Thinly slice potatoes. Line the bottom of the baking dish with one layer of potatoes.
    • Cut cauliflower into thin slices. Layer on top of potatoes.
    • Layer fresh spinach on top of cauliflower. Add one of layer of potatoes, and one last layer of cauliflower.
    • Prepare vegan Alfredo sauce. Sauté onions in vegetable stock until soft.
    • Grind cashews in coffee grinder 1/4 cup at a time. Or if using a a high speed blender soak the cashews overnight.
    • Combine almond milk, onions, cashews, garlic, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, salt and pepper in blender. Blend until smooth. Pour over potato the potatoes.
    • In a food processor combine breadcrumbs, walnuts, hemp seeds (optional), an Italian seasoning. Pulse until combines. Sprinkle overtop casserole.
    • Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 50-55 minutes.
    • Remove aluminum foil and broil for 2 minutes to brown the top.

Notes

1. Cover with aluminum foil while baking to seal in heat and cook potatoes. 
    2. Before broiling insert fork or toothpick to check that potatoes are cooked through. If not bake replace foil and bake until potatoes are thoroughly cooked.

• bosh
    Options

Hi @frogmorton , yes, you’re right, I think the vet is quite friendly and approachable, from what I’ve heard , so that’s a positive thing at least. Yes, thanks, chickpeas, lentils etc are very tasty indeed. Chickpeas with tamarind is my favourite preparation. I’m in Reading, so not too far from London, I did v briefly live in East London, when I had a temp job, v vibrant place, the commute from East to West London was terrible also my boss was v unsympathetic to me, even though both my parents were in hospital then almost at the same time. Tea cakes sound great, I’ll brew the tea, lol.