Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options

Morning everyone!

How is your voice this morning Mike? Nattered out I hope. Is your Home help well and did she have any gossip😁Oh yes and did you get some of this rain? Wow! It certainly came down here it was incredible! Feels a lot fresher now though I am most relieved.

Kath your roof is ok! Great we were dry too and hopefully Barbara what a nightmare they can be. Our guttering has slightly come away at the front, but only slightly but by the heck it came down!

I shall veganise that recipe for burgers (just use egg replacer instead of eggs) thank you because they look absolutely gorgeous dead juicy!

I have put a sticker on my phone case and one on the fan so far. My laptop had better beware!

Reshmi watch those loving tentacles and do what you need to do your walks are good for you. They aren't always as good as they think....think of your cousin and his 'healthy' appetite. Unhealthy more like.

So no BIL just your sister and the babies🙂bless them I bet you had a good natter

I find holding anything for too long can hurt my hands too and leaning forward does indeed set my back off. I am better on my laptop with the chair at the right height.

Joan my neighbour is walking every day and enjoying it. Just to the postbox and back. In this village you usually meet someone to chat to which is good. I LOVE vinegar too you know what's left in an empty pickle jar?!😋 ((())) xxx

Barbara yes beaky Niamh is beaky😂. Really it's got to mean she is alert and amazing when you think about it.

Finally Mr B has his assessment (well done pushing him) and you have your X rays on the 12th too. We'll all be there with you to support you ((()))

Aren't the stickers great? I thought you should be able to see them enlarged like that.

Wasn't the rain fabulous? I take it your roof was ok?

Lucy had her hair cut yesterday and left her bag behind so i have to drive back to fetch it later🙄

Breakfast:

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,056
    Options

Hi @dachshund , thanks, they know about knee, but they’re a bit self-absorbed at times I guess, I hope you enjoy the day, I’ve got a blood test, that’s the highlight, lol.Take care.

• bosh
    Options

Wow @kathleenT , sounds like a lot of rain, glad the roof is ok . Have a good day. Tc

• bosh
    Options

Hi @barbara12 , glad you’re ok despite rain and also good about mr b, ty, hope you’re day goes well too. X

• bosh
    Options

Hi frogmorton , sorry, just a quick reply, running out of time, yes, tentacles are def complex, lol, sis never talks to me much, but nice to see her def, I’m off for blood test soon, oh the excitement! Have a nice day, Tc.

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,931
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) that's good it was worth waiting all the time you did. Perhaps that was when our mum was pregnant. Have a good day all of you. Have you still got your pain ((())) love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) that's good you have your appointment's ((())) that's a long time to live there. love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Reshmi ((())) can I ask have you had your injection because the carer sue has won't have it something to do with being frightened and her religion. Have a good day all of you ((()))

Mike ((()))you are grateful getting your cleaner treats not everyone cares about like that. We are pleased ours comes she does any little job we need. Have a good day and Elliott ((()))

Toni ((())) I hope all is well there ((())) love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

love to Chris ((())) Carol ((())) and Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Well, there was me saying no rain in my post earlier only to have a 5 minute shower shortly afterwards! Now we have clear blue skies and the heat has returned sadly. I was planning to continue with the WWI battlefield diorama I am building but for the third day on the trot Vixen has decided she wants cuddles and has ensconced herself between my legs on my recliner, at least I can still watch the Olympics!

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Morning, sunshine and showers seems to be the order f the day here. And I'm quite cold. I can't remember whether I shared Emily's blog with you, so I shall do so forthwith.

and for those who don't have time, here is a photo of Hennifer and Co.

Aren't they pretty.

My righy thigh is throbbing, so i'll scoff my beans on toast (thank you Toni me duck) then I'll say ttfn.

Miss Seek chasing a butterfly.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• bosh
    Options

Hi @dachshund , yes had both Covid jabs, I’m Hindu, but not orthodox at all, that’s strange about your carer, not sure what that’s about, Scientologists of course don’t like medicine, that’s all I know about the subject, sorry, doesn’t sound a good situation though, is it possible to maybe get another vaccinated carer? I had my blood test early, so that was good, receptionist got a bit stroppy though, but that’s nothing new, lol. Hope your day is going ok? X

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Evening all we gad thunder all day with awful storms and floods

My eyes are not good so will keep this short.

Mike crunches are good..not had 8ne for ages ..Vixen looks so cosy there bless don't think I would move her either xx

Toni yes Mr B has a face to face assessment at out luttle hospital thank goodness..I like beaky 🤣glad Lycy got her bag back all dien to mum xx

Reshmi thankyou my neighbours parents were hindu I used to love all the food they would bring me when I had my ops ..glad you had your vaccines xx

Kath I will read through miss ponds blog they are certainly moving on with the good life xx

Joan were there just you and Sue or do you have other siblings ..I would have loved a twin sister 😍xx

Love to all xx

Love
    Barbara
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Some 8f my wild flowers

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

I'll be in late today everyone because i am off to see the wedding venue leaving at 8! Masks ready me not quite and Tesco order coming first - help!!!

I love little Vixen cheeky girl stopping dad getting on😊

Oh Barbara those flowers are fabulous! I have a bee bomb ready to go for the spring when this garden is all done and dusted 😊

Hope the eyes are better today fingers crossed

See you all soon I promise!

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath (()))) I'm sorry you have a pain in your right hip I hope it don't last too long. Yes the chickens are lovely

Love to Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) your flowers are lovely. There is only sue and me. Love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Reshmi ((())) I hope you have a good day ((())) sue has two carers at a time they use a hoist we don't know who's going to turn up but they are all friendly.

Mike ((())) vixen rules the home you share it with her. Have a good day.

Toni ((())) have a good time looking at the venue ((())) love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) Good you got her bat back Tia ((())) and Kari ((()))) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

love to Chris ((())) Carol and Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi Barbara, that must’ve been great to have such nice neighbours, thanks about the vaccines. I hope you have a nice Thursday, I went for walk to local shop, I looked at chocolate bar but resisted it, not sure how long that’ll last, lol. I hope you have a nice Thursday. Tc.

• bosh
    Options

Sorry forgot to say, lovely flowers Barbara.

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni, frogmorton , hope you have great time at wedding, is it a family member’s wedding? Are you wearing a nice dress? Don’t eat too much dessert, lol, remember, a moment on the lips is worth a lifetime’s greasy chips, just kidding,. Tc. Hi Kathleen , dachshund @Turbogran and Mike , hope you’re all doing ok too, it was freezing earlier this morning over here! Was almost cold enough for thermals! V v odd, but at least better than heatwave. Au revoir.

• bosh
    Options

Morning @dachshund , ok I understand, I’m glad the carers are good, Tc.

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Well, the rain started yesterday afternoon and then the storms hit last night which Vixen was not impressed about. The winds reached 75mph and actually knocked the flagpole over in my back garden so I will have to try to sort that out today, I may give a mate a shout and ask him to come over to help me out. I drew the lounge curtains at 4 this morning as I like to see the daylight start and when I looked out there was a fox cub picking up the seeds and mealworms that the birds have been dropping onto the floor. Couldn't get a shopping home delivery again this week so will try to get up to the village shop on my mobility scooter in between the showers to get a few bits. Have a good day all.

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone I am so sorry I didn't get in yesterday.

It turned out far busier than expected😳 After I got back from the wedding venue (gorgeous and tear-jerking!) my brother arrived then I had to nip to P's then it was tea-time so had to get that on in arush because it was choir practise last night🙄 Bad news is she wants us to finish at 9.30 again not 9!! So late I hope I'm up to it.

Barbara wasn't there, but i forgot my phone so couldn't remind her! (She doesn't really come to choir Reshmi we just pretend!).

Mike you have to go out in this?! Oh dear me if you do at least there won't be loads out there and just get the minimum to see you through. Is your order booked for next week?

Poor Vixen and my poor puss too....it's a shame they can't read the forecast so they know when this will be better. Mind you Mine often seems to know not to go out and then it rains so maybe they do know?

Reshmi thank you it is my eldest daughter's wedding which we are planning for January. First time I'd been allowed to the venue her and her Fiancée Annie went during lockdown. It's just fabulous really I love it made me well-up to think of my baby walking down the aisle and seeing where it will actually happen.

I have yet to choose my own outfit for the wedding, but January....will be chilly!

Was it Kath's day off yesterday? I feel out of touch just one day not getting into the café 😯Kath I hope all is well and if you had this rain that the roof is ok on 2nd test!

Did you know the JWs are doing handwritten letters now instead of risking knocking on doors? I had one yesterday. Much safer with this pandemic still going on.

Miss Sleek is going to bring the motorbike and side-car over later with Winnie in it for you to meet! She is a sweet cat you'll love her.

Joan thank you it was LOVELY! I want to go again! hehehe! Now I must start looking for my outfit Reshmi has me thinking.... January might mean hat and scarf! ((())) xxx

Barbara I hope your eyes are ok? Shall we go to choir next week it might have to be inside, but we can do at least 1m distance in there and open all doors and windows....

Missed you last night but it was my own fault forgot my phone to remind you.

Right better get on.

• bosh
    Options

Hi @frogmorton , I’m glad you enjoyed seeing venue first daughter’s wedding, it must’ve been very special. Is there a place where change clothes at venue? That might be one solution, or possibly you could wear jumper-dress and warm tights? Mushrooms on toast looks good to me, what are you up to today. Tc. X

• Kitty
    Options

It's sunny and Chris is in a short sleeved shirt. I have a long sleeved jumper with my vest underneath and my fleece on top and I'm still cold! What is going on?

Barbara, Joan, Bosh, Toni and everyone, I hope you don't mind if I share a scripture full of hope, from the Bible with you.

Revelation 21 v 4

"And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

A promise from Jehovah that under Christ's rule, all of those with any sickness will be cured. Remember how he gave the blind their sight back, the deaf their hearing back and those crippled their mobility back. This was to show he was capable of doing it, and he will do so on a greater scale when God's Heavenly Kingdom comes.

Barbara, 81 wild flowers, how lovely.

Joan, I'm using my walker in the house now, because clinging to the walls as I move is pretty painful. 🙄

Bosh, I know you are Hindu, but you are included in God's promises too. 💝

Toni, I hope you have a safe journey there and back and that the venue is beautiful.

I thought I posted this yesterday. Did I not? Oh well, better late than never.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Reshmi ((())) I hope you have a good day it's windy here we have not had a lot of rain yet.

Toni ((())) do Charley and Annie live near you. How is Lucy's ankle getting on. Did you have a feeling that your daughter was leaving home I can imagine how you felt. love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((())) there is another 3 of Sue's carers leaving and 2 going to college they can't do the hours from 7 in the morning till 11 at night without a break have a good weekend

Love to Barbara ((())) and her family ((()))

Kath ((())) and Chris and family ((()))

love to Chris ((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((())) Mike (())))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Well it's Friday (just reminding myself)

Toni, JW's have always used letter writing and telephone witnessing alongside door knocking. Especially we older/disabled ones. The Apostle Paul wrote to whole congregations (Colossians, Galatians etc) as well as individuals such as Timothy. This is because much of his time was spent in prison as punishment for practising his faith. Many of our Brothers and Sisters are undergoing persecution in countries such as Russia where having a bible study is classed as criminal activity.

"NEWS ALERT | Russian Court Convicts Brothers Arsen Avanesov, Vilen Avanesov, and Aleksandr Parkov

On July 29, 2021, the Leninskiy District Court of Rostov-on-Don sentenced Brothers Arsen Avanesov and Aleksandr Parkov to six and a half years in prison and Brother Vilen Avanesov to six years. All three brothers have already served over two years in pretrial detention and will remain in prison at this time. They will appeal the sentences."

They are also tortured. 😪

I wonder if dad will bother going to his club if it's raining?

Tomorrow is my day off, so my laptop will have a day off too.

FOOD, something warm methinks.

These vegan rice noodles are a healthy and flavorful stir fry with mushrooms, red peppers, snow peas, and a sweet and spicy sauce. Quick and easy!

It's been a little while since I've made a vegan dinner recipe for the blog, but never fear... this rice noodle stir fry was worth the wait.

INGREDIENTS 

• 1/2 pound rice noodles
    • 1 tablespoon olive oil
    • 7 ounces small cremini mushrooms halved
    • 1 red pepper cut into strips
    • 7 ounces snow peas
    • Salt & pepper to taste
    • Scallions to taste

Sauce:

• 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
    • Juice of 1/2 lime
    • 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
    • 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
    • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
    • 3 cloves garlic minced
    • 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger grated

INSTRUCTIONS 

• Boil a pot of salted water for the rice noodles. Cook according to package directions until just tender.
    • Meanwhile, prep the other ingredients. Add the sauce ingredients to a bowl and whisk them together.
    • Add the olive oil to a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil's hot, add the mushrooms and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or until they start to take on color and soften a bit.
    • Add the red pepper and snow peas and cook, stirring often, for 2-3 minutes or until they're just tender. 
    • Add the sauce and cook for about a minute. 
    • Drain the rice noodles and toss with the rest of the stir fry. Season with salt & pepper if needed. Garnish with scallions and other suggestions (see blog post) if desired. Serve immediately. 

• bosh
    Options

Hi @kathleenT , nice to hear from you, I’m also pretty cold here in Reading, yesterday I didn’t have a lot of time for my walk, so I didn’t wear winter tights under my trousers, but it was def cold enough for them…was v near thermal vest weather and then despite the walk felt grotty all day, may have got a cold, I’m tired now, but not unusually so, so it’s not too bad. Ty for including me in God’s promises. Have a nice afternoon. Take care. X

• bosh
    Options

Hi @dachshund / Joan , ty, it’s both rainy and windy here, but that’s still better than a heatwave, lol, my poor 3 year old nephew is getting a bit confused, he thought daddy’s paunch was a baby in his stomach, lol, and that his younger brother was being naughty and needed to go back in mummy’s stomach, lol, so according to his logic I probably have a whole nursery- full of babies residing in my stomach, lol. I hope you enjoy the afternoon, make a nice cup of tea and read a book, maybe. Where do you stand on chocolate? I can’t remember if you are vegan or not? I have tried dairy free chocolate chocolate, it was nice, but I’ve yet to find non dairy no added sugar choc that I like. Take care