Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Mike not heard from you for a while but i know you don't speak unless you have something to say so i hope that means all is as well as possible with you ((()))

Same rubbish, different day!! Not doing much as Vixen won't leave me alone and I am not going to stop her because I like the company. I did sneak up the village shop yesterday and she would only let me go because I promised to buy her some turkey bits, on my return she was waiting in the garage for me to put way my mobility scooter then she followed me to the kitchen!

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,953
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath (((())) Good luck with your Dexa scan do you think you have shrunk any more it didn't take too long when I had one ((())) love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your dad ((()))

Carol ((())) that will be lovely seeing baby Ava Maye. Love to Mr T((())) and cookie.

Barbara ((())) that must be lovey having all your niece's there ((())) love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Reshmi ((())) have a good weekend I saw a scooter with heater handle bars I would not want it it did not have a basket.

Toni ((())) I'm sorry for how you feel ((())) I think everyone had had enough of the virus we've all done the best we can except the one's that have not had the injections. Love to Paul ((())) and Charley (((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) that's good she feels so much better ((())) love to your lovely neighbours ((()))

Mike ((())) have a good weekend ((())) and vixen

Love to Chris ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,158
    Options

Hi Barbara, sorry your eyes are bad today, Got quite tired yesterday, , but mum and I are ok today ty, stomach feels a lot better ty, though still being a bit careful with food, but I ate fairly normally today and felt full, which was really good. Rain here too, but I don’t mind it so much, as long as I don’t get caught in a massive downpour. Mood not really 100 % , but it never is after I have methotrexate, but I’m minimising bad mood by staying upstairs hiding from family members. I hope you have a nice Saturday. Tc. X

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni, ty, they look like good recipes, but I think my stomach is more or less normal today, so thats really good, thanks. Yes, prob unlikely about methotrexate. I think it’s two years, I lose track, lol. I’m upstairs hiding from family members today. Hope you have a nice day. Tc, Reshmi. X

• bosh
    Options

Hi again Toni, just wanted to say I took methotrexate today and methotrexate affects my mood in a bad way and pharmacist often doesn’t give me enough folic acid, nothings simple is it? Tc xx.

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Evening all

Eyes stillmit good going to see if I need better glasses but they change so quickly

Toni I'm so pleased that P is being looked after ..they have the use if good Dr's that give there time to sort out meds ..How's that garden coming on xx

Joan you are right the silly people that won't have the jabs ..we have a lady nearby that has refused them ..just hope she doesn't get it xx

Reshmi yes you have a rest upstairs away from everyone ...hope you have a goid weekend xx

Mike did Vixen give you a shopping list 😅bless fancy her waiting for you xx

Love to all

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • bosh
    Options

Hi again Toni, just wanted to say I had methotrexate today and so I’m feeling a bit down, I know someone on this site says it doesn’t affect mood, but it does, I’ve read up on it, of course not everyone is affected in this way, anyway just wanted to say, I really hate taking this med and the pharmacist often doesn’t give me enough folic acid either, nothings simple is it? Ok. Tc xx

• Mike1
    Options

Mike did Vixen give you a shopping list 😅bless fancy her waiting for you xx

She doesn't need to give me a list, I know what she expects me to get her! Even if she is asleep and I sneak out as quietly as possible to go to the village shop on my mobility scooter she will be in the garage waiting for me when I get back. When I still had my driving licence she would be waiting for me when I got back in the car 9 times out of 10, she was even spotted sat on hedge by a roundabout half a mile away looking for me. On one occasion about 3 years ago now I had driven about 300 yards up the road and realised that I had forgotten something so turned around to come home only to see Vixen in the road, I stopped and opened the door but she would not get in, instead she jumped over a hedge and got back to my bungalow before I did! I had a long chat with her then about not following me and she has not done so since! Anyway, it's Sunday = same pain, different day!!

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options

Hi Everyone

Village day today and I could do without it. I will be in Church with the eco crew talking to people about all matters green.

Kitty Kat I hope you are feeling rested after your net-free day? I know it wasn't Sleek free though she has reported on you😻

Mike bless little Vixen for waiting for her daddy - they are far better than 'dog' people think aren't they? They love us just the same. I bet she enjoyed her turkey bits too😊 A neighbour up the rd said My puss has been eating their newts out of the pond😮really? Is that likley?

Reshmi it's a shame you don't get enough folic acid when we can take it every day except MTX day🙄 I think the nausea and exhaustion from MTX day (the day after) id enough to make anyone feel down. Just knowing it is going to happen every week like it or not is depressing enough. What I always think about is Lucy when she had it as one of her many chemotherapy drugs (HUGE dose not like for arthritis) into her veins. Boy was SHE ill! She also had to have it into her spine once a month for the duration of her treatment (2.5 years).

I am glad your tum is a bit better I hope still today too. I am keeping records with mine and think onions and garlic may be triggers which would be awful😕How can I cook anything without them?

Joan how are you today? It's our village do (all afternoon and into the night) today and I am too wiped out for it. Yes I think I am not alone in feeling like this - with P being so ill and the builders too...it's a lot going on. We have done our bit - masks on getting vaccinated etc you are quite right! ((())) xxx

Oh Barbara I also need new specs and am not so keen on going to the opticians yet....but will go soon. Now who has a birthday soon? Is it one of us? Near to Kari's?

I have broken both of mine so am using 'readers' from the pound shop!!!

People should have their jabs they only need to look around and see we are all well🙄Honestly! they reckon we are moaning about nothing, but until we are all safe no-one really is safe.

You are right hospice Drs are able to devote time and skill into helping people and really they can have a lot more meds than us as there isn't so much need to worry about long -term side effects.

Right better get some clothes on Lucy has work in a minute.....

I know Reshmi will get the tea on😘

• Mike1
    Options

A neighbour up the rd said My puss has been eating their newts out of the pond😮really? Is that likley?

It is possible but more likely that your cat was playing with them. I don't have newts in my pond as it is made out of a large planter with a log roll around it so they can't get in. She does sit on the edge sometimes watching Fred and Ginger swim about and occasionally she will put her paw in then pull it out very quickly and shake it to get the water off.

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Barbara ((())) I hope you are having a good weekend ((())) when our dad had a brain tumour he was sent to a hospital in Devizes they thought he was mad that was about 1980 the Doctor's now more about it now. Our mum had it a long time before then the doctors knew about it in the body then. I hope you get new spectacles that can help. Love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and is girlfriend ((())) and your niece's ((()))

Toni ((())) I hope you get enough people to the church this afternoon. That's good P ((())) is in less pain ((())) his Lucy allowed anything free working in McDonald's ((())) love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) Happy birthday to her when it comes ((())) nd P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((())) try not too worry ((()))

Mike ((())) how did the lady know it was vixen by her pond did she see her ((())) love to Elliott ((())

Reshmi ((())) I hope the rest helped you (((()))

love to Kath ((())) and family ((()))

love to Chris ((())) and Carol ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Morning all, I had an excellent day yesterday, and I did know that Sleek had been because I felt a warm paw tcking my blankie round me to keep me warm and snug. I'm presuming Emily took the boys for their jabs, I hope they feel alright.

I rang dad and we had a lovely chat. He's behaving himself and not going outside. He has a walker upstairs and one downstairs, plus a perching chair in the kitchen. He still has two young men to help him in the morning and give him his breakfast. Oh and he has meals on wheels now too. I think he still has a few good years left.

Mike, Vixen is a canny cat. I bet she doesn't like getting her paws wet. Cats have very small sweat glands on their paw pads and between their toes. You might notice tiny damp footprints on your floors from your cat on a hot day after they've spent time sunning themselves or if they're slightly stressed out. These little paw prints are normal.

Reshmi, could you perhaps have a chat with your consultant or rheumy nurse about the Folic Acid dose? Failing that, they aren't too expensive. Perhaps you could buy some from the supermarket and make sure you have one every day except for MTX day.

Barbara, I have a problem with bright sunny days so tend to use glasses with tinted lenses.

Toni me darlin' thank you for the mega breakfast. I hope you're enjoying the links I provided.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• Mike1
    Options

Mike ((())) how did the lady know it was vixen by her pond did she see her ((())) love to Elliott ((())

Hi Joan, it was Frogmorton's cat and I was replying to her comment, when I do I always put the question in italics then my answer. 😺

• bosh
    Options

Thanks Barbara, you too. Sorry your eyes are hurting, my eyes get irritated quite easily, not in a severe way admittedly, but it must be a very irritating and nasty pain indeed.

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni, thanks, yes, it is annoying about pharmacist, once the pharmacist asked me which meds were essential, mental health or arthritis. What the expletive was that about?? I said politely, that I can’t do without the bipolar pills but the arthritis pills are quite important too, I really wonder how some of these temp pharmacists managed to qualify…not even a CSE in common sense, anyway I’ll nip this rant in the bud. I know this isn’t a complete answer Toni, but I’m so tired, sorry about Lucy. Bye x

• bosh
    Options

hi Joan, yes, it helped thanks, but still tired today, have a nice afternoon. Tc. X

• bosh
    Options

Hi Kathleen, sorry quite tired really, but ty fr your advice, couldn’t find right dose in supermarket. Anyway I’m yawning like a lazy cat here, just joking, bye x

Hi Turbogran, have a great day, Tc. X

• Mike1
    Options

Morning all. New day, same sense of surviving rather than living! Have a good one.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options

Morning🙂

Well the village 'do' went pretty well I think. It was meant to be a 'chat to each other' type of event to be honest with lots of different things going on. I chatted to loads of people which was so lovely, but mostly I was with my two lovely neighbours. I sent P some photos and she was well enough to reply.

Thanks for that Mike! That's quite a relief the chap was pretty sure it was my puss, but there is another tabby and white so he is going to check on the collar. I have a new pond as you know but nothing in it yet. No plans to put anything in it's for the wildlife to drink out of an insects etc.

Reshmi what kind of an idiot pharmacist was that? Maybe it was one of their trainees? You need BOTH medications for different reasons. I use xailin night gel for my dry eyes and it really helps. Well enough to sometimes go a night without it! Kath is right you can buy folic acid I hope you can find the right dose eventually. No need to worry about Lucy she is absolutely fine now apart from her bones being a bit weaker, but thank you.

Morning Kitty Kat. I always enjoy and appreciate the time you take to find the links you provide. I had time to look at Emily's blog you might have seen my reply to her?

I love paw prints and have some permanent ones in the garage where my Sleek walked i the garage while the cement was wet! I am glad she didn't get stuck so now I am worried about the tarmac when it goes down😕

Now that he is being sensible I rather agree your Dad will do just fine. Two carers and meals on wheels walkers on both floors yes all wounds to be in hand. Lovely to know I bet😊

Yes that was Sleek it's her 'magic' blankie so she says. She says you must keep warm when you nap.

Joan thank you the village do was lovely my neighbours were on my stall so we had a good time! She came out for a short period in spite of the pressure sore the nurse is letting her sit up for 2 hours a day. Lucy does indeed get a free burger while she is at work - whatever she likes!!! 😁😋 Love to you and Sue ((())) xxx

Love of course to Barbara I do hope your eyes are not too bad Barbara ((())) xxx

Carol will be away still and Chris (catlady) is on her round the british isles cruise where you don't get off the ship!

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) Did you have a good rest when you had your day not typing ((())) love to Chris ((())) and Anita ((())) Val ((())) and Emily and your Dad ((())) he is doing so well ((()))

Reshmi ((())) I'm sorry you feel tired ((())) that's what Arthritis does have a good all of you ((()))

Mike ((())) vixen is clever knowing the way you went down the road she watched ((())) love to Elliott ((()))

Toni ((())) that's good you had a good time on the stall ((())) sorry your lovely neighbour has bed sores ((())) and P ((())) doing so well ((())) do you feel better today ((())) love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Barbara ((())) I hope you got help from the opticians ((())) love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother and his girlfriend ((()))

Love to Chris. ((())) and Carol ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Morning my lovelies, I sent Emily an email to check on the boys. Both had their jabs, and apart from a sore arm they are fine, thank goodness. Half way to being safe now.

It's my eldest son Richard's wedding anniversary on 29 August, so I sent him and his lovely wife Nicola an ecard. I can't remember how many years it is though! About 20 years I think. How long have Chris and I been married? Oh far too long to remember. 🙃

Reshmi, what dose are your Folic Acid? I have 5mg but I have taken different doses, I've even been known to buy a pack of Vitamin B complex tablets which contains Folic. I don't think a slightly higher dose would matter, and if it is lower, you could take 2 daily as long as you don't take them on MTX day.

Joan, yes thank you, I spent all day watching a video about Daniel from the bible. It was part of a conference which we now have on video as we can't meet in large groups because of Covid. which is a boon for me as I wouldn't be able to go any way.

Antoinette, I did indeed read your post on Emily's blog, she would have enjoyed that. I always a visit from Madame Sleekipus, even if it's just to tuck me in, she sings to me all the time, which is very relaxing.

Now is that Nessun Dorma, or One fine day from Madame Butterfly - hmm!

Mexican Quinoa Wraps [Vegan]

by Florian Nouh

Ingredients

For the Wraps:

• 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
    • 15-ounce can black beans
    • 7-ounce can corn
    • 1 onion, chopped
    • 1 chili, chopped, seeds removed (optional)
    • 1 red pepper, diced
    • Barbecue sauce
    • Gluten-free tortillas
    • Salt and pepper to taste

Garnish (optional):

Advertisement

Preparation

1. Cook the quinoa according to the manufacturer's instructions.
    2. In the meantime, prepare the vegetables. Peel and chop the onion, seed and dice the chili and red pepper.
    3. Heat a sauce pan and add a little bit of oil. Transfer the onion, chili, and red pepper and sauté for about five minutes until they begin to soften.
    4. When the quinoa is ready, take a wrap and fill it with the vegetables mix, corn, and black beans. Add a bit of guacamole and sour creme, plus a dash of barbecue sauce, if you like. Roll and enjoy

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni, yes, poss a trainee I suppose, that’s true, Thanks I use opticrom, works most of time, but I need to use strong shampoo for scalp psoriasis and then eyes flare up, but just temporarily. Ok, that’s good about Lucy, yes things can always be worse. That’s quite a high sat fat breakfast pic, lol, are you sponsored by Deliveroo? Jk. I def don’t mind looking at quinoa, much better for body and soul.

Ty Joan, you have a good day too.

Ty Kathleen, 2.5 mg, ok I’ll look again in shop, you have a nice day too.

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Afternoon all what a lovely day and it's outr 52nd anniversary 😳

Eyes will not get any better bit hopefully I can carry on fir a while I have speech to type on my phone just need something to tear the post.

Mike how lovely us Vixen following you 😅she must love you to pieces..especially getting all the hugs and turkey xx

Joan you poor dad ..like you say they really gave moved on ,my dad had a brain tumour xx

Toni I have pound shop glasses has well as my prescription ones no difference really ..so glad your village day went well ..now you need some me time xx

Reshmi tiredness us horrible ..

I know rest doesn't help when you are that bad ..I hope you can get something to help xx

Kath I'm so pleased dad has help abd your grandsons gave had the first jab ..goid fir them ..thankypu for the recipe xx

Love ti all

Xxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • bosh
    Options

Hey Barbara, ty about the tiredness, you’re right, one or two rests don’t help that much, hopefully my GP appointment soon will help. Happy anniversary, I hope you had a nice day. You could maybe use arthritic grip scissors for post? That must be frustrating about eyes. How did you celebrate anniversary? Bye for now, take care of yourself. X

• bosh
    Options

Hi again Barbara and hi Toni, just thought I’d mention I may have offended one of my sister’s friends by joking about silence as this girl is a bit weird and sometimes keeps in touch and other times doesn’t, once she was silent for three years, I may caused offence, as my sister and her friends have no sense of humour, oh well, never mind lol, I used to say bipolar people have a great sense of humour because they need it to survive, but I think that’s definitely true of us arthritis - sufferers too, don’t you think? Haha…anyway I’ll let you all rest now and drink your last tea of the day. Hi Mike btw, mind your caffeine intake though everybody! Ok, am signing off for now,