Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Well, emptied old fridge and freezer and got the old one dragged outside ready for my new one THEN got a text from Argos saying that they will be delivering it TOMORROW! The frozen stuff I had left is in a cold box but I expect that I will have to chuck it tomorrow.

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Good morning dear friends, I hope all are as well as can be under our many and varied circumstances.

Mike, you have such courage under adversity. I wonder how many people would be sat in the dark and cold, unable to ove because an electrical appliance bought to make their life easier, suddenly stops working, trapping them in an intolerable position. Thank you for enlightening us.

Joan, Sue seems well set up to keep herself entertained when the carers have put her to bed. Dad can't get up until 8am when his carers come and get him out of bed and extricate him from his night bag. He puts the radio on to listen to until he can get downstairs for breakfast. He does have TV in his room but tends to fall asleep while it chortles to itself! 😉

Antoinete, I was happy to offer some possibly useful advice to the new lady. And blow me down, I found another new lady with RA and Sjogren's. We are growing in numbers. Madame S can plant as many cuttings as she can. We can cope with ground cover plants as they help to keep the weeds down. I'm thinking of Michaelmas Daisies for next Autumn. Not the tall ones though.

I caught her making notes in a neighboring garden.

Healthy vegan recipes

Broccoli and peanut soba noodles

This recipe for broccoli and peanut soba noodles is really easy to make and ready in 20 minutes or less. The fresh greens are a great combination with the noodles while the roasted peanuts adds a crunchy texture to the dish.

Ingredients

• soba noodles 150g
    • sesame oil 1/2 tsp
    • Tenderstem® or purple sprouting
    • broccoli 300g
    • edamame beans 100g
    • smooth peanut butter 2 tbsp
    • soy sauce 1 tbsp
    • rice vinegar 1 tbsp
    • ginger grated to make 1 tbsp
    • garlic 1/2 clove, crushed
    • lime 1, juiced, plus wedges to serve
    • spring onions 3, sliced
    • coriander small bunch, chopped
    • roasted salted peanuts chopped to make 2 tbsp

Method

• STEP 1
    • Cook the noodles in boiling, salted water for 4 minutes until tender. Drain and rinse well in cold water, then drain again and toss with the sesame oil in the sieve and leave.
    • STEP 2
    • Blanch the Tenderstem® for 2-3 minutes until it’s vibrant green and still has bite, adding the edamame for the last 30 seconds. Refresh in cold water, then drain well.
    • STEP 3
    • Whisk the peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic and lime juice with a splash of boiling water to make a dressing.
    • STEP 4
    • Cut the Tenderstem® into bite-sized pieces and add to a bowl with the noodles, edamame, spring onions, coriander and the dressing. Toss well. Serve scattered with the chopped peanuts, with lime wedges to squeeze over.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• Mike1
    Options

Since me reporting a power cut when I got up at 5 this morning I have now suffered my 4th power cut in two days which occurred as I was trying to place an Iceland order for tomorrow to replace all the frozen stuff I am going to have to bin because Argos are not delivering my new fridge freezer today. When they phoned me to let me know it would be back on by 1pm I complained about the number of cuts surprisingly. Their response was that they have a problem with an underground cable somewhere which keeps blowing a fuse at the sub-station but they now have a piece of equipment on site which SHOULD find the problem!! I managed not to blow a fuse myself but if I have another power cut .....................................!!

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,064
    Options

Hi everyone hi Toni Sorry on signing in so late just trying to get a few things ready as I’ve got the dermatology appointment tomorrow I did manage to have a good nap after my walk this morning which was really great so I needed it I do usually sleep after the walk that people start shouting and then basically my sleep gets interrupted today was pretty good thank goodness. Evil thriller good idea , lol, Kathleen wrote 2 , that’s great I’ll definitely try and read them at some point I did write a short story but it wasn’t that good really and when I was mentally ill I sort of went on and on about it, that was a long time ago now really. The massive cake selling café in the hospital tomorrow will be another temptation but maybe I’ll share some with my dad. Is it really dyed avocado? That indeed is the question, I think my main purpose in avocado deception would just be to annoy her because my friend can be a bit self-righteous at times she eats the most rubbish I’ve ever seen and wonders why she’s three stone overweight anyway won’t go too deeply into it now, lol. It’s not that she doesn’t exercise but then she exercises and then eats A bakery worth of cream cakes or something like that I think she said something or implied that she used to do this when she was 19 but no one is 19 anymore! Very odd anyway never mind, lol. Hope your cold gets better soon take care.

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan Hope you’re okay I think there was some technical error I already sent a message but it was called a mismatch so I was just wanted to say hope Sue is okay bit pushed for time have a nice day bye

• bosh
    Options

Hi K noticed you left a message think Barbara did too or at least I saw her name somewhere really getting short on time now not being rude but hope you guys are all okay talk to you tomorrow bye xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi all , wasn’t going to sign In again today, but it was such a terrible end to the day, sometimes my mum blames me for everything, even her diabetes and then she has injuries and hides them from me and that’s my fault too, the kidney condition is def my fault too, you get the idea and my dad has got wet in the rain and got a bad cold, he refuses to use umbrellas or warm coats, my back was playing up earlier on today too, no flu jab yet as gp hasn’t got the vaccines yet, my back’s still hurting tbh, I think I’ll have an early night and a fictitious hot chocolate, sorry to rant, take care everyone. Xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options

Oh Mike! What a time you are having 🙄 All those power cuts yes it is a wonder you didn't blow a fuse. Problem is you know it's not the person on the phone so you tend not to have a go at them. I do hope that piece of equipment will solve the problem and that will have been the last one. For a while.....

I have to agree with Joan I bet that was the BEST cup of tea ever. ☕️

Now Argos are naughty changing the delivery day like that and losing you all your food. eat what you can though today. I think your meals will be somewhat unusual they often are for me when I am defrosting the freezer!

Aw Reshmi bless you not an easy day at home😕 Mum shouldn't take it out on you but probably can't take it out on your Dad him having a cold and the potential to be grumpy.

I think you were very wise indeed to have an early night with your imaginary cup of hot chocolate.

You might just deserve a cake today after yesterday ((()))

Joan Sue sounds well set up. My neighbours carers come at 6 but she has to lie down 22 out of 24 hours anyway at the moment with her skin. I'm glad she has her telly and Ipad do you sit with her sometimes? P swears by the telly in bed so we were able to talk about strictly when I went. Not going again until this cold is a bit better now though. ((())) xxx

Kitty I see Sleek is stealing ideas from your neighbours! She does that and writes in her gardening journal. How many books does that cat have?! Bless her she said yes to michaelmas daisies. They are rather pretty aren't they? I weeded one of my new raised beds yesterday in spite of my cold so felt very pleased with myself. Loo roll stuffed up each nostril though😁 wonder what my neighbours thought😯

Those noodles look lovely thank you. Peanuts are so good for us (not the salted ones though nor my favourite the sweet chilli ones...sigh🙄

You found another new lady with RA and Sjogren's?! Wow here? I hope they spot each other too and can support one another.

Barbara I hope you are ok today and your eyes a bit rested. As you can see our Mike has had a rough time of it, but hopefully has his new fridge freezer today. Kath has been helping newbies, Reshmi didn't have a good day and we have found out more about Sue and Joan's life at home! As Kath said very varied indeed!!!

Love of course to Carol.

Now breakfast🤔

Resmi will make the tea I'm sure💜

• Mike1
    Options

No electricity yet again last night from 9pm to 4am this morning, that's the 5th cut in 2 days! I did manage to get out of my recliner to hit the sack although it did take a lot of effort and I nearly did the splits!! Apparently they have now replaced the damaged cable so fuses should no longer blow at the substation ................ fingers crossed. Fridge freezer this morning, fingers crossed again that Argos will stick to it this time, and Iceland this afternoon although I have just had an email from them that a couple of items I ordered are unavailable. I can't cope with all this excitement!!!

• bosh
    Options

Hi everyone will reply properly a bit later I just thought I would display my face after all it’s on Facebook anyway so maybe maybe I have to overcome my shyness, lol. I don’t like this picture at all by the way that I suppose I do worry too much about how the psoriasis looks on my face okay I’m overcoming inhibitions will certainly write

properly later on here goes will definitely write properly later on take care guys.

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,933
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) they say we will have some snow the end of October we will wait and see. Have a good day ((()))love to Chris ((())) and Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Toni ((())) yes sue would be lost with out her iPad. I'm in the living room in the recliner my legs ache if I don't put them up. That's good P ((())) has a TV and people visiting her you can feel so out of everything when you can't get out. Love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Barbara ((()))thinking of you ((())) love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())) and your niece ((())) and her fiancé (((()))

Reshmi ((())) thank you for the photo you look lovely ((())) can't see any thing wrong with your face faces I don't like are the one's with all those piercings everywhere. Love to your family when someone upsets me I imagine them with no clothes on. Take care

Mike ((())) I hope your fridge freezer comes today you have been through enough power cuts ((())) love to vixen

Love to Chris ((())) and Carol ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

I am sorry I am Sony hi T , the dermatologist appointment is done now long wait but at least it’s over thanks for your kind message, you’re right about dad, he is even more grumpy than usual but anyway everyone’s calmed down now a lot so that’s good, my upset stomach has come back. So demo gave some useful advice despite the long wait, so that was good, thanks for your nice comments Joan, okay I am so tired now, I’d better go now and get some sleep bye for now hi Barbara Kathleen will try to write later take care. Xx

• bosh
    Options

Okay I’m having to admit defeat here still pretty tired, feeling a bit flu - ish and generally “yucky”, kept room two too cold yesterday suffered as a consequence, I realise now it’s better for my room to be sauna and stuffy inferno- I like and freezing cold for the arthritis , okay really tired appreciate everyone’s comments bye for now look forward to hearing from you guys tomorrow take care have a good evening.

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Hello all sorry eyes are bad but will try my hardest I dud try read back on an my phone but it drives me mad ..I have talk to text but least said

Mr B see the consultant in 6 to 8 weeks not a clue how long after that

Mike I am so sorry..how awful to have your electric off so many times especially with your recliner..now have you got your new fridge today..I hope so xx

Toni the TV and headphones us a must fir P I really feel for her ..I know she was always so busy

Glad to hear Lucy's hip us OK..shoulders are so much more complex but she has dine well..I am waiting on lasted results to show what my kidney reading is ..it was 3b verging on 4 hope you are doing ok especially your back and chest xx

Joan thankyou it is very mild here today so a treat for us ..just hope we get a few week of it ..love to all xx

Reshmi it's lovely to see a photo of you and such a nice face ..I hope your results will be OK..thankyou I was fine after my flu jab ..suppose next will be our covid booster ..sorry you have had mum falling out with you like toni Says it's instead of dad you take care xx

Kath I love the pic if the daisy's..it cheered me up..abd the cat pic ...I'm glad to hear dad has carers now maybe he will listen to them xx

Love yo all

Xxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • @Mike1 Sorting new fridges and freezers is always a nightmare when you're getting them delivered isn't it! My girlfriend just moved into a new place and had sorted a delivery of furniture for last week. Half of it came so she checked on the rest and it turned out she had accidentally selected 22nd October for the second half of the delivery 😂 Currently using deck chairs in the living room and a sink of cold water for the milk! I was helpless for laughing to be fair so I don't think I was very helpful!

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone!

Mike that's very organised of you. Argos had better not have let you down🤨 and are you pleased with your new fridge freezer and is it well stocked now with (almost) everything you need?

That's is along power cut but possible it needed to be off that long if they had to change the cable. Maybe. BIG risk you getting out of the recliner like that, but I am glad you got into bed for your 5 hours. I expect Vixen was pleased you went to bed.

SarahS that was actually kind of funny your poor friend i hope she can get 22nd off work too!

Joan of course you need the recliner too😣 can you call to each other if there's something you want to say? Like when you are watching Coronation Street and something happens. Yes P has plenty of family visiting. I can't go now again for a bit due to this cold i caught from Lucy. It's going to be nice day so I hope you and Sue get out to your café. ((())) xxx

Reshmi you look lovely really lovely! So close to what I imagined! I am so glad that dermatology was not a waste of time and hope you will go back for a follow up? Lucy is so glad she has been things are so much better for her. Your skin can totally knock your self confidence can't it?

Glad calm is restored in the Reshmi household. Your tummy though - I wonder if upset makes it worse because there was upset at home and the stress of outpatients too.🤔

Ah well I get the room warm and make sure its as cool as possible before sleep. I think for me cool is better because you can always wrap up with blankets and cardigans etc...

Barbara please don't apologise at least you have an excuse for mis-spelt words I have none😳

Finally Mr B will see the consultant I hope you will be allowed in with him. I am now with Lucy.

Have you any advice for my bro? anything you ave found to eat that's safe but tasty. He is missing his sausages and cheese, crisps peanuts. They said he can only eat almonds no peanuts or cashes etc! I hope you stay at 3b for many years. No-one wants dialysis although my MIL used to say it helped but was very time consuming.

Yes it is so tough for P I keep telling her it's her turn now to rest bless her😕

Hope you are going to have a lovely weekend Niamh will come and maybe a visit from the girls too🤞

Where is my Kitty Kat?

Sleek has gone over to check on her for me. Of course she is taking cat mint too! Oh yes and a pol-tis I can smell it🤢 fair made my eyes run.... Who is that for?

Love of course to Carol. ((())) xxx

kippers on scrambled eggs!

• Mike1
    Options

Yipppppeeeeee! Fridge freezer arrived yesterday and it is huge! I usually get the sizes wrong in my head when they are detailed in centimetres and my brain works in feet and inches! Anyway at least it fits where it was supposed to and it has provided benefits as it is about 40cms taller than my last one there is an extra shelf in the fridge section and an extra drawer in the freezer part so not only can I store more but I do not have to bend over or use my grabber to get stuff out of the freezer. My Iceland order also came on time which filled my freezer nicely. It is the first time I have had a delivery from them and I am quite excited as I ordered lots of new items that are unavailable elsewhere. Last night I had a Harry Ramsdens chip shop battered jumbo sausage which was brilliant. 😋 Just to round off a good day for a change Vixen was waiting for me when I hit the sack and even stayed there when I crawled in.

• frogmorton
    Options

Ahhhh!

Mike finally! Some luck for you🙂 I am so pleased an extra shelf and drawer and easier access to your food too. Paul is just like you insists on inches and can get thing wrong trying to convert!

Iceland have some really good food don't they? I get the greggs vegan steak bakes and sausage rolls from there. Harry Ramsden is lovely food I am so pleased for you.

and Vixen is a happy Daddy's girl too😻

• Kitty
    Options

Sorry I haven’t been in recently. Not been feeling too well.

Reshmi, what a lovely picture of your smiling face.

Barbara, I wish They could do something about your eyes.

Joan, it’s sunny today, and the warmth is finally getting through to me.

Antoinette, we are waiting for our Asda order to arrive. It should be here between 12-1pm.

I found out hoe to post the picture of the Hungarian recipe I posted the other day, now I can’t remember what it was called. 🙄. Here it is. Hee hee.y

I think Sleek is popping over later with a surprise fo me.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Barbara ((())) I hope Mr B ((())) does not have to wait too long yes it would be good if you went in with him has you would remember things he had forgot ((())) sorry about your eyes ((())) have a good weekend ((())) love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())) and your niece ((())) and her fiancé ((()))

Toni ((())) yes I remember when P ((())) was doing all different things ((())) things happen and slow you down ((())) l turn the remote on the TV down when sue speaks I do cards on my iPad while listening to TV. I cannot just sit doing nothing. Love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Sarah S (())) welcome to the cafe have a good day.

Reshmi ((()))sorry about your tummy troubles I hope it soon clears up take care

Mike thats good your fridge freezer has come and your Iceland food came at the right time as well let's hope your power cuts have finished have a good day. Love to vixen and Elliott ((()))

love to Chris ((())) and Carol (((()))))

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi Everyone, eSpecially Toni Barbara Kathleen turbo gran and Joan, sorry for the late sign in, thanks for the nice comments about the picture of my face, lol, the late Long lost friend telephone today looks like she’s eating chips and chips alone with the odd score of cream cakes thrown in and she’s wondering why the doctor saying she doesn’t have a healthy diet and needs to lose weight, anyway I don’t lecture, specially to a person like that, she can be quite even full of herself, though is nice most of the time. Thanks Barbara glad flu jab went well , hope C Booster does too. Mum’s calmed down atm, thankfully, but younger baby had high temp, so dad went to sister’s house, but his temp is normal now, very thankfully. Hope you have a nice evening. Thanks Toni for my pic was nice and for .saying the close to what you imagined. The doctor didn’t say anything about a follow-up but his advice was very helpful more than the previous demo so that was good but he did say that my other concerns will be noted and he will inform the rheumatologist, so that if the rheumatologist thinks it’s necessary he or she can bring forward that appointment which was great because the rheumatology nurses don’t always respond to me I know they’re busy and everything else but he seem to be really proactive, which was a change to be totally honest.Glad that the demo has helped Lucy a lot too. Yes skin is an important thing confidence wise to there is no doubt there Toni. I have found Some foundation that’s pretty good but it’s really expensive and of course foundation comes off pretty easily and I don’t like to wear a lot of make-up every day but I wasn’t aware of it before, but it’s good to know that it’s there. I think stress can definitely affect the stomach but I think there’s more to it in my case maybe the arthritis meds I’m on, thats what dermo thinks, okay won’t going into every single detail now but I think I need to talk to the room or the rheumo or the rheumo nurse appointment. I see What you mean about keeping warm with blankets et cetera, I agree with that too but the problem is my room overlooks the garden at times it can get really cold, just going to monitor monitor it more closely now, thanks. Thanks, Kathleen recipe looks nice, Tc. Xx. Thanks to my tummy is not quite 100% actually but I think it’s getting there slowly maybe it’s just as well in some ways as I do like the sweet stuff and the pastries to be honest but I really want to the posting closely Sorting the time😄, Put on a serious note I really hate stomach problems as I like to eat and it’s just frustrating really isn’t it hopefully these things will be cleared up in time, after after seeing seeing doc, which is at the end of November. Hope you and Sue have a nice day Joan take care, also welcome to the café Sarah S nice to meet you. Lord A had his flu jab by the way, but he had a bit of a tantrum and ended up kicking the nurse accidentally (well perhaps half - accidentally), lol. Take care. Xx

• frogmorton
    Options

Oh dear me Reshmi! Lord A 'accidentally' kicked the nurse - I'm sure his flu jab should have been a nasal spray too. I want that instead! I remember Charley having her booster at school (at 4) and it took 4 of us to hold her. Bet that isn't allowed now. I am very glad to hear baby's temperature has settled down now. Unfortunately little ones do run sky high temperatures very easily luckily they recover quickly too usually.

I am so glad this new Dermatologist was so helpful and i am sure his comments to rheumatology should be your best chance at seeing someone sooner 🤞 Lucy has some really good foundation too, but it can't be good for our skin covering up like that too often, well certainly not all day every day can it?

It's horrible having belly issues really it is and you have problems with your so much I hope in time they will change your medication for you if that's it ((())) Please tell me your friend is really really not only eating chips (with the odd scone!) that's terrible. She should be the one with belly ache not you. You are wise just listen and support that's all you can do.

Ah I know what you mean Lucy's bedroom is over the garden and garage it is the coldest, but in the summer the sun shines in there too and it gets too hot. You can't win can you?

Morning Joan - sounds like you and Sue have it sussed with you turning the telly down so you can hear each other when you want to talk. Poor P yes she was the village organiser of everything, but now she really must rest. I can't visit now I have Lucy's cold.🙄((())) xxx

Kitty we missed you Thursday although Sleek did reassure me that you were 'ok'she does her lips sealed bit sometimes 🤫😐️so didn't tell me what 'ok' actually meant. ((()))🌈🌈

She does indeed have a surprise for you she loaded up the motorcycle and side car (the side car bit - Tommy stayed at home)

with something.....let me know what it is!

I am glad Abi is listening to Kevin's calls now and did you see the homeless person had Corey's back pack on the other day when Speed Dahl were giving away left-over food to the Vicar? Truth will out!

The Hungarian dish probably has another name but i am sure it is a kind of goulash. Pronounced more like Goyash.

Fingers 🤞 no more power cuts for Mike andthe fridge freezer is working really well ☺️

Love of course to Carol hope your daughter is ok and the rest of them didn't catch COVID especially not Ava ((()))

Hope Barbara's eyes benefitted from some rest from the screen ((())) xxx

It's Saturday already so Aidan's breakfast:

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((()))I'm sorry you have not felt well I hope you feel a bit better now ((())) how is Holly and her children ((())) I've to Chris ((())) Anita ((()) and Val ((())) and Emily (()) and your Dad ((()))

Toni ((()))I'm sorry you have Lucy's cold ((())) I hope it doesn't last too long (())) love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbour's (())) enjoy your coffee.

Barbara (())) have a good weekend love to Mr B ((())) your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())) and your niece ((()) and her fiancé ((())

Reshmi ((())) have a good weekend ((())) take care

Mike ((())) that's good you have it all now love to vixen ((()))

Love to Chris ((())) and Carol ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Everyone is fine except for me. I have a bad cold with catarrh, which is making me miserable and I keep falling asleep. To be safe I did a lateral flow test, but it was negative. I rang dad this morning. His carer’s car broke down so he had to ring the other one, but he was late.

Sleek came by with my present, a large bottle of tonic made with Syrup of Figs and extra vitamin C, D, A, and calcium. Very nice mixed with Sardines.

posh egg and chips

its a much more delicate version of this greasy spoon classic.

POSH EGG AND CHIPS

yield:  2 PORTIONS

5.0 Stars (2 Reviews)

PRINT 

INGREDIENTS

• 3 medium potatoes
    • 3-4 cloves garlic
    • Olive oil (I used extra virgin which worked well and felt extra virtuous)
    • 2 eggs
    • 2 Tbsp grated parmesean (or parm style cheese if you are an animal rennet avoider like me!)
    • Salt and pepper

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Preheat the oven on the grill + fan setting at 220C. If your oven does not have this setting, use the grill but reduce the cooking time by about 10 minutes.
    2. First, chop the potatoes into batons- keep them fairly chunky. I like to leave the skins on, but peel them if you like.
    3. Boil them for no more than 4-5 minutes to soften them up, but be very careful not to over-cook.

1. Drain and leave to cool off and dry.
    2. Cover a baking try with just enough olive oil to coat the bottom. Spread the chips-to-be on the pan and drizzle more olive oil over the top. Use a spatula to flip them and mix it all together in order to ensure the chips are all coated in a light layer of oil.
    3. Bake for 35-40 minutes, flipping halfway through. Monitor them closely and turn the temperature down if they begin to burn.
    4. Towards the end of the cooking time, take the chips out of the oven and scatter minced garlic, salt and parmesean over them. Put back in the oven for 1 to 2 minutes- until the garlic is crisp, but not burned.
    5. Meanwhile, poach your eggs by your preferred method. I use silicone poach pods which are perfect because neither oil nor skill is required 🙂
    6. To assemble, divide the chips into 2 portions and pour on plates. Make sure to get all the crispy bits of garlic off the baking tray!

1. Place the poached eggs atop the pile of chips, grind some black pepper over the top and serve with just a bit of mayo if you feel the need.
    2. (or, if you are Mr Veggie, just ruin its poshness by adding a tin of baked beans)

• bosh
    edited 9. Oct 2021, 12:42
    Options

Hi everybody hi Toni, yes LA loves to kick, he will kick anything and anyone, The fact that he hasn’t kicked his tiny baby bro yet is a credit to his parents vigilance, lol. I see about Charley, yes must be very scary indeed for young kids. Thanks about the little baby and his temperature.Thanks about the demo too, glad the demo advice also helped Lucy. Some people claim foundation help them because it protects against sunlight or something like that, but I agree can’t be extremely good otherwise every skin specialist will be recommending it. Thanks about my stomach issues, stomach seems to have healed at last, that is until the next time which in all likelihood will be fairly soon, i’m seeing the rheumatology Nurse end of next month so it’s not too long to wait for that advice which is good indeed. I was talking to my mum though and I think the best thing is that I give up cheese for now to see if that helps with my stomach issues, I can have still had cheese flavoured Crisps though, which it’s a great relief, lol. Yes it is very weird about the bedrooms and the way they face being such a problem for us, my sisters old room I call “The shrine”, lol, I found the coolest room in the house but that is most of the time and at night it’s too cold to sleeping generally speaking, but then again as I mentioned sometimes my room gets really freezing late evening / night, you’re only seems to happen rarely but like you said, best to be careful and prepared. When I talked about my friend I did use a bit of poetic license to save time, lol, but I don’t Think it’s all that far from the truth, after the brain surgery she’s had a very reckless and rash attitude to everything in life really I can understand it in the short term but now it’s going on very much in the long term ! She’s a vegetarian and she eats bean casseroles and things like that from time to time but she’s just eating more and more junk like she’s on a permanent holiday that’s the impression I’m getting, but you’re right she’s just one of these people who doesn’t like taking advice however well meant, so it’s best for me to keep quiet 🤫. Hope you have a nice day Toni you take care. Xx hi Barbara turbo gran Kathleen Joan just going to have a shower now and consume the dreaded methotrexate so will try and write more a bit later today have a good afternoon. Tc.