Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,053
    Options

Hi Barbara how are you? thanks for the info about the pizzas, I’m not too bad thanks but I’ve got a bit of a bad stomach today I hope your having a nice evening take care.xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni yes you must indeed have your breakfast it sets you up for the day, I’m sure you’re Having a lovely day at the wedding, can’t wait to hear the details, take care. Xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan I’m not too bad thanks apart from stomach how are you and Sue? take care

Also hi to kitty and ar , thanks for the permission to use a nickname ar, bye for now sorry short message I know but my stomach is not good today. Xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options

Well I am sat quietly in the bathroom on the loo seat (seat down!!)

Everything went perfectly one broken vase of flowers (two wedding dresses side by side on the aisle was too much!)one broken glass (3 year old) those were the only mishaps in a wonderful day.

We have a gorgeous room here very warm but oddly no telly!

Paul is still Zzzzzing away bless him

Breakfast is quite late anyway.

Charley is now a married woman

Thanks everyone who offered kind wishes.

I will post pics properly when I can I didn't manage to take many yesterday.

Oh my speech went down fine....Phew!!!

One pic?

Myself and Tia in the back of the limousine on the way to the wedding

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Glad you had a good day Froggie 🐸

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Well, that's that. And a good day was had by all. I've adapted the poem I wrote for our son's wedding. Hope it's all right.

A Celebration

Let's have a celebration

for the marriage here today

of Tia and her Charlie,

for their love and harmony.

We've heard them make their promises,

full of joy and pride,

we see them look so happy,

Two beautiful new brides

So welcome to our family.

Welcome to our hearts.

Take our best wishes with you

as your life together starts.

You've made plans for your future,

a lifetime filled with laughter.

Today we share your pleasure,

and wish you 'Happy Ever After'.

Sending love to all café dwellers.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,930
    Options

Good morning everyone

Toni ((())) thank you for the photo you both looked lovely and the weather was alright. Love to Paul ((())) and the happy ladies Charley (()) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and your lovely neighbours. ((()))

Barbara ((())) love to you and Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())) and your niece ((())) and her fiancé ((()))

Kitty ((())) I hope you are not in more pain ((())) love to Chris ((())) and Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Reshmi ((())) have a good day sorry about your tummy love to everyone

Mike have a good day and vixen ((()))

Carol ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi Toni congratulations lovely pic so glad the wedding went well and hope you’re having a lovely day take care Best wishes, R xx.

• bosh
    Options

How J how are you and Sue today? I’m not too bad thanks went to the opticians to choose my specs bit of an ordeal but at least that’s over, lol. My stomach seems to have just about recovered for the time being thanks for asking 😄. Tc. Xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Kitty How are you? that’s a lovely poem and I also like the visuals I’m a bit tired now going to try and have a bit of a rest take care.xx

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Evening all..

Toni I am so very pleased all went well at the wedding ..many congratulations to them 🥂 bless another daughter now married ..the photo of you and Tia is lovely ..especially you in cerise xx

Reshmi I am hoping today has been better fir you ..I know you struggle with your tummy xx

Joan thankyou ..yeah they primus ys snow but not mych yet thank goodness love to all of you xx

Kitty you always come up trumps with your brilliant poems 😁xx

Arthritis hope your tummy is feeling better ..I am so grateful I don't have take such strong meds ..has long as they work for you xx

Love to all

Xxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • bosh
    Options

hi Barbara nice to hear from you my tummy is ok, touch wood, at the moment so I was quite worried went to the opticians with my dad to choose my glasses because that’s in the town centre so even though I was starving after the appointment I had a very plain ham sandwich and luckily that agreed with me but to be honest yesterday I was feeling quite “yucky” indeed 🤢. How are you today? I agree with you Toni’s dress colour is very lovely, just went to a few shops in town other than the opticians of course just bought a sandwich and went into one jewellery shop that kind of thing of course I wore my mask and was careful but it felt really strange glad that’s over with anyway last time I went to the opticians there was a massive queue and people were asking all sorts of weird questions like if “Blu-Tack - mended” specs could be fixed or something like, lol. I also booked a haircut and a blood test which was good, the hairdressers I’ve started going to recently is a local one so I don’t need to go right into the middle of the town so that’s quite nice. I didn’t get enough rest though today at all I tried to sleep when I got back from the town centre but didn’t really properly manage it so it’s one of those groggy days, my mum’s made some lovely Indian beef mince for supper I’m looking forward to it so much because my stomach hasn’t been good for a while, I like eating A bit of beef from time to time I must admit haven’t really had steak for ages though I think I’ll leave that to my very rich and aristocratic LA lol, hope your evening is going okay today Barbara? take care. Xx

• frogmorton
    Options

Good Morning everyone!

Would you like some cake?

Sorry the pic of Tia and me was so out of focus we were in the back of a hummer. Myself and 6 bridesmaids....!

Thanks Mike it was a lovely day no sun, but no rain either!

Joan yes the day was dry, but quite chilly. I hope to have some decent photos to show you soon. I know Lucy took loads and the photographer did a really good job. There are also videos and some aerial shots with a drone😮 I took some of the table flowers and cake round to my lovely neighbours yesterday afternoon when it was quiet. Lucy asleep and Paul in work!! ((())) for you and Sue.

Kitty the poem is lovely!!! Much more than 'all right!' Beautifully adapted for the girls😊thank you so much ((()))

A wonderful day enjoyed by everyone throwing dried petal confetti!

Yes Barbara another one gone....not far away only Lucy to go now. Above all a daughter-in -law!!!!!!!!!! So exciting! How lucky am I?

I will post more pics I promise as soon as i have access to them. I was worried about the colour, (maybe too bright?) but Annie and Charley loved the outfit so who cares eh?!

I am still on a huge happy wedding high🤗

Reshmi thank you it was a lovely wedding everyone was happy on one mishap all day that was that two dresses do not fit easily down an aisle....so knocked over a floral decoration😁

Little Daphne (3) loved two princesses! Imagine what Lord A would have said!

Well done getting your glasses good girl you have done well both of my pairs broke during this pandemic I didn't quite resort to blue-tac but do get where they are coming from😂 Even better booking your bloods and haircut.

I am glad your tum survived the ham sandwich. I hope your Mum's beef mince also went down well.

Apart from us vegans the food was a turkey roast! on each table one person had been nominated to 'carve' and were dressed up in a chef's hat and apron!!

A quick wave👋 to @Arthuritis , Toady and Carol

Wedding brunch

• frogmorton
    edited 26. Jan 2022, 06:45
    Options

These went down very well with those of us who wore uncomfy shoes!

Darren my nephew putting his chef's hat on. My brother in the background carving on his table. In the foreground a box of wedding favours made by Bill ❤

• frogmorton
    edited 26. Jan 2022, 06:47
    Options

How pretty is that path to the carpark!

Memory table (at home before it went there)

My Mum and Dad....Annie's Mum and Charley and Lucy's other Grandad recently gone.

Annie's Mum's corsage (on my lap on top of wedding cake on the way home) which they took to her grave yesterday afternoon.

That's it for now. I need other people's to show you the bridal party sorry!

• frogmorton
    Options

Oh would you like to read my speech?although it was videod not sure l can post that @Brynmor ???

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,930
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty ((())) I hope you have a good day pain wise ((())) love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and

your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) how is your hip/knee now ((())) love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())) and your niece ((())) and her fiancé ((()))

Toni ((())) thank you for the photos they are lovely love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Reshmi ((())) I hope you feel better now love to everyone ((()))

Mike ((())) have a good day and vixen

Carol (((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Antoinette, lovely photos, I'm so pleased you liked the poem and so happy you had a fab-u-lous day.

Sending love to Joan, Barbara, Reshmi, Toady, Mike, Aurthuritis and anyone I've missed. My eyes are playing up today. 😫

Halloumi, Chickpea and Pepper Couscous Salad

From Arthiritis Action

https://www.arthritisaction.org.uk/

MAKES: 4 side salads

Ingredients:

200g couscous

125g halloumi cheese

1 large red pepper

1 courgette

1 can chickpeas, drained (about 230g)

125g halloumi (1/2 a block)

40g baby spinach leaves

1/2 tablespoon harissa paste

1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil

Mint (fresh or dried) to garnish

Recipe Summary

A delicious vegetarian salad for the summer days. If chopping peppers is too difficult, feel free to substitute with the ready-roasted kind you can buy in jars. If cutting the pepper yourself, don’t worry about leaving a little of the white membrane in, it’s rich in antioxidants. The courgette ribbons are cut using a vegetable peeler, which makes them very attractive and lovely to eat raw – I use a palm peeler for ease.

Method:

Put the couscous in a large bowl and pour over 215ml boiling water (or enough water to cover about a centimetre above the couscous). Cover and leave to steam for 5 minutes.

Chop the pepper and halloumi into strips then fry over a medium heat until the halloumi is golden and the peppers softened.

Cut the courgette into long ribbons using a vegetable peeler. Fluff up the couscous and stir in the olive oil, harissa, chickpeas and baby spinach. Top with the cooked peppers and halloumi, and your courgette strips. Garnish with mint. Serve hot or at room temperature.

Nutrition (per serving): 406 cal; 14.6g fat, of which 6.6g saturates; 51.4g carbohydrate, of which 5.8g sugars; 5.1gfibre; and 10.6g protein.

For more Haloumi cheese recipes visit

https://www.taste.com.au/articles/cook-haloumi-best-haloumi-recipes/tz9u00c7

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

Hi @frogmorton what absolutely fab photos.😀

The best way I find to share large numbers of images and videos is to create a Google photo album and then share the link.

The forum software will also let you post videos from common sites such as Vimeo and Youtube: just post the "Share" link that the service provides after you have uploaded it. The forum doesn't host the actual video files directly.

• bosh
    Options

hi Barbara Joan Ar and K, Joan how are you and S today ? my stomach is better thank you but I ate a bit unwisely today not on purpose so what will happen later on today I don’t know but thanks for asking. Lovely pictures Toni looks like the wedding was planned very carefully and by someone with a sense of humour too ! Which was not the case at my sisters wedding of course I love her but she does not have a sense of humour at all, lol, yes I think LA missed out there, lol. What was the Vegan option for your main course? Free slippers now that’s a great idea I never wear uncomfortable shoes to be honest with you, lol, I can definitely see the appeal of roaming around in slippers at a wedding though, lol. I hope Your stomach held up okay during the wedding? I just asked because I remember you told me once that sometimes you get stomachaches when you’re nervous Or stressed. After the opticians I got really tired yesterday and somehow couldn’t sleep or rest properly until the night even though I tried, also my dad‘s very nasty and rude behaviour happened in the public place at the opticians yesterday, in the end I politely told him that if he couldn’t control his comments could he please wait somewhere outside and then I’d meet up with him later on, but He refused to do that , I’ve got a sore throat and I just said “please just let me rest my voice for a moment I don’t want to lose my voice”, that’s happened to me once before when I was in the hospital for mental illness and I really don’t want that to happen again but he’s not listening and and he’s just getting worse and worse T, my mum didn’t believe the things he said to me but then I mentioned it in front of him and she knew I wasn’t lying so this is the situation with my dad, he doesn’t have memory loss I know that because he remembers very well the things he wants to it seems to me he’s just a difficult person who is getting more and more nasty and I’m finding it really hard to cope with it to be honest I hide away as much as I can upstairs but I can’t do that all the time, I meant to just write a short message, but I’ve waffled on and mainly about myself, sorry about that, lol, I’d better go and have a shower bye everyone have a nice afternoon I may be back later take care of yourselves. Xx

• Arthuritis
    Arthuritis Member Posts: 444
    Options

@bosh I am so sorry to hear about the situation with your Dad? I do hope you are able to get some time on your own or with friends to help you unwind.

• Arthuritis
    Options

@frogmorton Great pictures of the wedding!

I am a bit late to this, but was this your wedding?

I look forward to your speech video👏👏🥂

Yummy cake & food pics! Any pictures of vegan nosh? What about more of the party pics? or video? I only step out to go to hospital for blood tests, so your pics are a wonderful way of vicariously enjoying happy events!

(Including naughty brekkie options)!

I have only been vegan since late November when I started to keep a diary of what triggered flares. I miss cake, cookies & french cheese but not the meat. After a few test flares I have learnt its much less painful to go without!😄

Found this short video really useful. I like that he backs up his nutrition assertions with hard science ie, good quality clinical study papers.

Fresh blueberries, raspberries & pomegranate yaay! I think he hints at how I might be able to have a flarey McDonald’s without flaring! (He says don’t, but I really want one sometimes!🤣).

https://youtu.be/zA0C4hibKgw

• Arthuritis
    Options

@Kitty Hope your eyes feel better soon. Do you need to see an optician, maybe?

• bosh
    Options

Hi ar thanks for your kind message I also mainly leave the house for blood tests and hospital appointments though I do manage to go on a walk to the local shop most mornings, it’s a difficult situation for me really I haven’t always lived with my parents but my mum had a kidney transplant a few years ago so I help take care of her a bit really even though at the moment thank goodness she’s not doing too badly apart from Type 2 diabetes which was the result of the transplant and medicine somehow unfortunately, my dad is an extremely difficult character and now it’s just got worse and worse to be honest it’s extremely rare that I see the kindness in him even though it used to be there even say about 20 years ago, I have some ex-colleague friends who I’m close to and one of them has moved away I call her LLF long lost friend and we do meet say about once a month in a café in Reading where I live I’ve only been to about two of these meet ups because I was understandably worried about Covid and and so on the LLF person she’s a nice enough individual at heart but she just is pretending Covid isn’t happening and so on but I’ll leave that topic for now, so I do see the friends once in a while thanks for asking but it’s difficult with friends sometimes isn’t it? Sometimes When they talk about their own problems, mine seem small in comparison and I don’t really get time for a good vent , the other friend is an elderly gentleman called Roger and he is more sympathetic but to be honest as everyone knows on here when LLF get some a Bee in her bonnet there is very little room for anyone else in the conversation, lol, Thanks very much for asking about it that’s very kind of you I’m not doing too badly I guess thanks I have bipolar disorder but it’s been inactive for quite a few years now I tend to write things down and that helps me, I also do often hide by myself in certain corners of the house, lol, its interesting what you said about diet and inflammation, these days I am having a bit more sugar than I used to because I just so find it so hard with the lack of energy and so on but every day is not the same and at least I am able to go on these walks even though they’re not as long as they used to be. Hope your day is not going to badly? take care, Reshmi. Xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,131
    edited 26. Jan 2022, 20:59
    Options

Hello all :)

@frogmorton - oh, well done everyone 😊 what lovely pics and a lovely day, you must be very happy/relieved/tired/lots of other things! (I would have been tired by the eat toast wash hair stage - you are brilliant!) Just a very quick visit to say hello & look at the pictures (so far), I love the memory table, and yes the path is beautiful - everything looks super - and everyone looks super-nice, and having a happy time. 💗

Have a good night and love to all and

to Barbara x

and everyone xxx