Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,033
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

i hope there won’t be too much of a deluge 🤗

good in a way that your getting some appointments/ jobs out of the way in one go

hope no one cried don’t know yet LA cried recently when a “big scary girl” stole his card, bless

we can indeed drown our sorrows in icing 🧁 when we’re littleys mostly gets diff after that lol

i thought weeping angels might scare Toni so I put cat on instead 😀

low charge so I’ll go for now

just make sure you don’t hire Spock to fix the leak by the way bye Tc xx

• bosh
    Options

good night everyone xx

just a cautionary pic for all my little T- Rex fans out there 🦖🦕haha xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    edited 21. Nov 2022, 06:32
    Options

Morning to anyone who pops by 'old' or new!

Morning Joan. Paul is doing ok although he felt a bit woozy again last night so I sat him down feet up to get the blood to his head which worked ok. Today I am at my friends' this afternoon one of the Yorkies is due his vaccination booster. How are you two doing? ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi I am glad the knee is still holding up.

Shame Costa was too full for as much as a cup of tea when you went for your walk🙄That's a shame, but as you said probably healthier for you and your bank balance😉

So Riley's party has been and gone already? No news about many escapades (yet) just a picture of LA eating icing I bet he loved it and was as high as a kite afterwards! Tigger was there! I wish I'd seen him!

Maybe it was the fact that your Dad made an omelette with a smile on his face that did it or even that it contained no egg shells? Will you enter him for bake off now do you think? Of course after his cut has healed. Honestly! you and your Mum get no thanks for making sure he doesn't have to have stitches and doesn't bleed to death🙄I bet he sapped your energy 🙄🙄 Some ready brek will soon fix that I think.

Good Pusskin on Redbull no Weeping Angels will get you! I am mildy terrified of weeping angels you are quite right there!

Take care today ((())) xxx

Morning Toady the rain stayed away? Well we went to Shrewsbury and got caught in a HUGE deluge! I was so worried about your roof. Oh please no let's hope no man (or woman even) has to come in😮 That would be dreadful, but better to be ready. I am glad to know I am not the only person (Kari is the same though) who hates 'men' (workpersons) in the house🤭

Sleek has been over all wrapped up and now I know why! In order to get her shopping on your list! How many doughnuts this time? and any tins of sardines or roll mop herrings?🤢 HAH are coming too? Sleek will happily answer the door to them for you. She may even put on Pepe's Drs kit😂 Oh that actually would be funny. They'd be too scared to ever come again🤣

It was cold wasn't it? Too cold to do much but well done preserving the wood for the Cold frame That's a great idea and now it will be almost ready for assembly. I must do my hedgie house this week too😳

Good to know Mousie is ok (maybe would like a hedgehog house I think) and the bulblets are getting ready to show themselves! Wonderful!

better get on really lots needs to be done here today😕

Hipster breakfast note the ancient grain bread please and avocado....

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,925
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) Have a good day I hope everything is going well for you. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) I hope the man coming can fix your roof it would be expensive to have two people to do it. Have a good day we have rain.

Barbara (()) How are you and yours (()) have a good day. Love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) I’m sorry Paul had that happen last night (()) Have a good chat with your friends (()) we are well thank you. Pepper his happy now. We don’t like men coming in either. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day (()) love to your mum (())

take care
    joan xx
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,123
    Options

Live bulletin 🕐️ so far so good, not quite as heavy as I feared.. a few hours of it to go yet but made it this far.. shopping in.. am glued to a real time weather map willing a little bit of clear sky in the middle to keep moving up and over me 😬 have been up the loft for an initial foray nothing awful so far but will go up again after tea for a proper look.. back later! 👍️

Love to all thanks for thinking of me 😘 xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

how are you? Glad things aren’t too bad so far and that you’ve got the shopping in 🛍 👍

im ok - ish atm thanks, bit of backache though

bye for now tc xx

ps there’s always something to be grateful for however for example our lack of pointy ears lol xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you today? Nice breakfast pics 👍

avocado I’ll send that to LLF thanks lol 🥑

yes I’ll bet LA was on a massive sugar rush after excess icing consumption lol

eggshells prob not but you’re right getting a smile of my dad only happens for certain privileged people like his fave eccentric cronies and their wives lol

hes never baked a cake in his life though v unimpressive especially as he’s the all - powerful grandfather to use your term 😂

hideous weather today isn’t it?

I haven’t been outside

ive got some backache but the back cushions are def helping a bit

LA got hold of his mummy’s phone the other day and fiddled with buttons and somehow ended up phoning my mum at 7 am! She naturally got worried and addressed my sis but he said “no it’s me LA how are you today granny? Do you like going to T*sco? I like it better than W***rose now, like Big Baba”, my goodness he’s a funny child.

Megabrain’s boilers not working unfortunately but the gas man is coming today apparently so that’s good unless LA scares him off of course 😂

she’s got a lot of family nearby anyway so no need to worry too much

i read bits of one or two messages for others, sorry what happened to Paul? Did he faint again? Is he ok now?

ok I’ll go for now getting a bit tired again

bye for now and take care xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

how are you and Sue today? I’m not too bad thanks bit tired though, mum’s ok thank you

bye for now tc xx

• toady
    Options

Update #2, the good news and the bad news.. good news nothing further has come in the naughty ceiling, the bad news is that loft inspection proper revealed I still have water getting in at the previously problem area (that I'd had fixed, or apparently not 🙄). Still currently waiting for HAH although that has moved into the 'past caring' section of today's events tbh - I then have to be up early for the chap tomorrow so if I'm not in again later I will call in after he's gone in the morning. Hope everyone's doing ok and Paul too of course🤞I had to fob Sleek off with a couple of little muffins, hope she didn't come home too put out 😉 xx

I will end up with pointy ears at this rate bosh! 😂 or ones like a hare or something, they are so permanently tuned in to listening for drips or taps or sploshes that they feel at least that size. Hope sis's boiler is ok and you are all alright, see you soon 👍️ xx

Thanks joan it looks like I will be having the roof man out either way now, so it's out of my hands I think. Worse things happen at sea 🙄 hope you did not have too much rain yourselves and that it all stayed outside where it belongs! xx

As soon as HAH driver has been I am having tea & a hot mince pie, Merry Xmas everyone 😄🎄xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady

glad things aren’t too bad

well better pointy ears than my pointy intestine lol

mince pies even thinking about it could bring on all manner of horrors for me

well enjoy the sugar enjoy the fat someone has to lol

mb wasn’t my sis actually but a friend

im going for a healthy option

bye Tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Good night everyone xx.

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone

Wouldn't it be nice to see a morning like that anytime soon?

Joan thank you Paul is much better again today and yesterday but the night before he was dizzy again. 24 hour ecg is next monday anyway at least. How are you and Sue doing? I sat with my friend while her wife took one of the Yorkies for his vaccinations yesterday. All still stable ATM ((())) xxx Ps were you happy with Sue getting evicted last night on I'm a celebrity?

Morning Reshmi I'm glad the back cushion is helping and hope your back is better today. I hope you can manage to get to group this week although walking actually helps my back a bit. As long as it's not toooo far or too cold. How about your back does it like a gentle walk?

So I won't be seeing the 'All powerful Big Baba' anytime soon on masterchef. Myself and LA will be most disapdisappointed 😞 hehehe! I am not likely to be an honoured enough guest😁

LA phoned his Granny did he? I bet she was scared that early probably thought someone was in hospital. Lucy rang 999 twice when she was nearer BR's age on the house phone. I got told off by the emergency services call people and in the end had to put the phone up high.😳 Waitrose is much better than Tesco😉but who cares at 7am!!!

I have helped myself to several spoonfuls of the lovely fruit salad. Peeling and chopping all that must have taken you hours. Thank you for that.

How is LLF? Have you seen her or Roger lately?

Now I am very partial to a warm mince pie and heated us both one up last night and of course! That explains the belly ache🙄

Morning Toady how are you today - it still rains here 40 days and 40 nights for definite🙄

So good and bad news then? At least no damage done inside the house and also you know exactly where the problem is coming from. Water always finds a way in if it can. Simple water. You wouldn't think. Let's hope the man only needs access the roof today or at worst the loft.

Of course we will think about you until all is well again Toady and hope against hope that you had no rain overnight🤞

Sleek was quite chuffed with her muffins actually she was on the phone zooming to Kari's cat Tia's cats and Lucy and Charley's cats showing them off! All are consumed now thank you very much. Luckily she didn't put a frock on like in Bosh's picture😂

I hope HAH did turn up in the end and all was present and correct.

Sending my usual love to our missing friends Barbara, Kitty and Carol hoping all is well with them and their families ((())) xxx

hipster breakfast...

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I hope all is well with you. Have a good day. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) Is your drip bigger than a drip now. I hope it can be fixed today or it would mean you getting on the roof (()) have a good day

Barbara (()) I hope everyone is getting on alright take care have a good day (()) take care. Love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) sorry about Paul (()) it’s not too long now till Monday. How are you and your pains getting on (()) No I did not think of sue going we want Boy George to go. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) how are you and your pains love to your mum (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Good morning everyone hope you’re all doing ok? Xx

wppl xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

A big Vesuvius situation is occurring right now or “live” as toady may say so I’m hiding upstairs but not in the cold room

had some coconut water 💦

but it hasn’t fully kicked in yet so I’ll try and keep this message short

well LA is worshipping grandad atm so T*sco is triumphing right now

walk helps my back def 👍

I did walk today thanks

yes pastry is a tempting bit cursed invention I agree 🤗

that’s it for now

will try a proper post later

bye for now tc xx

hi Joan

how are you and Sue doing today? My back is getting better thanks 😊

mum is ok too bye tc xx

• bosh
    Options

👋toady

hi Toni 🌺

this is a difficult day by all accounts dad has been shouting practically all day long rowing with my mum about this and that

im so tired he didn’t let me rest

LLF texted once

Rogers working hard and has some personal probs so I’m just kindly leaving him alone atm

my sis phoned mum to ask if she should cook sausages one day out of date lol 😂

I really need to take rest

bye for now xx

• toady
    edited 22. Nov 2022, 19:02
    Options

Hello everyone - "what a beautiful day", as Ken Dodd would say, what a beautiful day for getting up early and finding the chap won't be coming today because he has to catch up on his yesterday's work that got rained off (did he not know this last night 🤔). And, for just thinking you might instead get a bit done round the house & garden, except, for people just then coming in and creaking around next door.. and coming.. and going.. and you get the picture. Bit of an all-round write-off. HAH came around 8pm in the end - this was not outside of their eta to be fair, that was more fool me for saying yes to the 8-8 slot, but when I did that I was not expecting the treatment tracker not to work, again, and the useless bot to deny I had a delivery in the next 21 days 🙄 the system is a shambles, bit of a clue in the fact they feel they need a statement on the site from their CEO about their "inbound communications" 😕. Anyway am over in the corner having a silent scream 😱 if anyone wants me and I will report back after Groundhog Day.

Thank you frog yes it's a mercy there's not more damage, that I know of, although I was less than happy to find the recurring problem in the loft again because I would have checked more often if I hadn't been confident it was sorted. As far as that's concerned, who knows what an ongoing trickle/seepage & whatnot may have done, structurally 🙄. So yes no-one has had to come in, even if that is because no-one has come at all, is that a silver lining 😂. I did eventually rally myself to a bit of gardening out among the sodden earth & the icy temps, like a glutton for punishment, will do garden & plant chat when I'm a bit more 'with it'. I was very amused at Sleek zooming her friends with her shopping 'haul' 😸 bless her, and she would of course have suited a fancy frock beautifully if she had chosen to dress up for her call http://www.stephenmackey.com/paintings1/unspeakablefortune.jpg (credits to bosh here, who 'introduced' me to the artist) - though perhaps if she had had a jam doughnut, maybe not 😉 love to all see you soon xx

Hello joan, no drip today thankfully & only light rain to come which should not be too much of a problem until if/when things get sorted. I wish I could get up there myself 😂 had to make do with poking round the attic in the dust & cobwebs 😬 not my favourite place. Have a good day tomorrow hope to have something more interesting to talk about soon🤞xx

Hi bosh, as you will have seen the roof saga goes on, so not much news from me having spent most of yesterday going up & down the loft ladder & today thinking venomous thoughts about workmen 😉 . Sorry to hear HV is in non-dormant mode 😕 wish I could lend you oil to pour on troubled volcanoes I don't think half a bucket of rainwater would do a lot 🙄 do hope things have simmered down a bit. Bound to be tired it takes it out of you things like that are v wearing. Sorry to hear Roger has some probs too & hope they are transient and LLF herself is ok. I did read megabrain + boiler properly the first time then my mind wandered sorry, thinking of LA and 999 calls and T*sco, very funny how he has been converted from W***rose 😂 under DV's svengali-like influence. Hope he is not as disillusioned as I am by the price rises and the sneaky 'not as good as they used to be' product changes. I'll have some some fruit too please I am a bit short, I only made a very quick tide-me-over shop from neither of the aforementioned stores and fruit&veg was not their strong point. Hope the coconut water is doing its stuff for you & see you soon :) xx

Love to Kitty and Barbara and Uncle Tom Cobley 😀 xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

Sorry to hear that roof saga is going on.

this was really a bad day I was twisting around trying to sleep through my dads yelling and now my right knee hurts “the good knee” as I call it, it’s sort of moderate pain really so if that doesn’t go by tomorrow morning no group for me possibly no walking outside at all really as walking seems to aggravate it, although it does of course depend on rest and painkillers to a large extent so I’ll have to see what happens tomorrow morning

he’s been bullying my mum all day and she was crying I think she’s feeling slightly better now 😔

Ok I’ll leave it there, have a good night toady Tc xx

ps pic is of course good old Dr McCoy I’ve covered up these ladies a bit for the sake of decency but really this is v overfamiliar behaviour with the female patients Doc, professional behaviour please or toady is emailing the gmc lol 😂. Xx

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone

Well Joan you and Sue got your wish didn't you? That's the end of Boy George for now. Lovely though that he went after such a lovely singing session with the campmates. Funny I always think how the women get kicked off first I hope Jill is ok on her own. Paul was pretty good yesterday thanks hope you are both ok? ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi. I am very glad you agree walking helps your back and are managing to get out still.

Not glad to hear DV kicked off yesterday shouting at your poor Mum. It sounds as though she is a strong woman though and stands up for herself as much as she can. I hope the 'Live' situation has now abated.

LA would be most upset if he knew his hero (Tesco or Waitrose fan) shouted at his Granny and sometimes his Auntie Goddess Mima.

Naughty Dr McCoy I am quite shocked. I agree we need to report him to the GMC asap😁

One text from LLF that sounds about right and why she's actually called 'LL' in the LLF🙄 Poor Roger I hope things settle for him.

I expect your sister knew your Mum would say no to the sausages honestly these brain boxes!

I need to get me some coconut water I really do. Wonder if Asda sell it i am taking Lucy there this afternoon for her shop she might pick me some up.

Oh Toady!😕What a day you had! How did you cope?

HAH are being like this you are really so sadly and wrongly not alone. 8pm! I'd be in me nightie by then! Well alright my PJs, but nightie sounds more dramatic. The CEO should be ashamed.

What a stupid roofer blokey. It's been raining it's still raining here! Your situation is rather urgent. Sometimes!😡Water is so dangerous let's hope it hasn't done any real damage and it was only that really heavy (and it was heavy) downpour which did come through again.🤞

Noises next door again? Oh dear let's hope nothing imminent.

Ken Dodd used to give me the eebie geebies (sp) you know. Those Diddy men too kind of creepy😣 Kari liked him and them I think I was pretty scared. Though it seems he was a good man no historic allegations against him unlike many others.

Sleek does have one or two dresses (loved the pic BTW so did she definitely credit to our Bosh) this is her a while back the dress no longer fits although she has kept it in the back of her wardrobe.

She quite often zooms with her friends. Dresses are usually saved for afternoon tea. Aidan used to call them 'high teas'😊

Well done you getting out in the garden! Wow!! I failed bigtime. Just did some housework and can't think what else😳

Hope today is better paws crossed

My love as always to Kitty and Barbara and Carol. I do hope all is well with them all and their families ((())) xxx

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I hope you have a good day with not two much pain. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) one day the man will get too you I hope it’s tomorrow. Have a good day.

Barbara (()) how are you and Mr B (()) doing I hope all his well. Have a good day. Love to your son (())) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) That’s good Paul has been alright (()) It’s difficult who will win people would think it a fix if Mike or Matt won wouldn’t they. How are you feeling with all your pains. Love to your friends (()) love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friends (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) sorry your Dad is row with your mum (()) is he worried or in a bad mood. Try to have a good day.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi Toni toady Joan etc

sorry bit busy right now but I’m ok thanks xx

hope you’re all ok? xx

ps Cookie Monster ML xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

how are you and Sue doing today? I’m ok thanks went to group which was nice I’m not sure exactly what’s happening with dad but my mum said he behaved better today and she seems in a better mood too so that’s good, hope you both have a nice night, bye Tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

how are you? How are things progressing with the leak situation?

oil to pour on troubled volcanoes thats a good one as is Svengali I had to look that one up 👍

much better day for me today thanks went to the group

dads more settled mums ok 👍

quite tired now but will do more vegan waffling tomorrow no doubt 🧇

bye for now tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

How are you today?

sorry for my v late messages got quite busy with group and things

group was nice thanks artist guy/ RR was absent too many breakfast brownies I suspect

So no insensitive comments which was nice 👍

I mainly talked to J the organiser lady who is a v nice person and always ready to listen attentively to what people say even if the topics aren’t interesting to her - unlike infamous RR

my mums birthday is soonish 11 th Dec so plans are afoot poss meal out for family and EF but details not sorted out yet

ive got her some good gifts 🎁

sorry getting tired now, my right knees better thanks but right leg is hurting sometimes bad sleeping posture I think , I’ll try to be more careful, it’s not constant tho👍

hope L got you some coconut water🥥?

if she did can I come round and borrow some please?

ive run out lol, also run out of cereal more or less, may be bread milk and sugar breakfast tomorrow (which is actually v yummy)

don’t worry shopping is coming soon, any probs I’ll send LA to Wesco / Tescrose / Police - Elephant‘s discount shop (or whatever it’s called) lol. Have a good night Toni and Tc xx

Ps LA said he still likes elephant trunk lady baby but atm he and his male friend are planning “big trouble” whatever that means 😂

• toady
    Options

Hello all.. no chap today, surprise surprise.. oh I see you aren't surprised 🙄 well I blame myself for gambling on a quick halfway house fix that didn't involve calling out roofers on the spot, and I would have got away with it too if it wasn't for those pesky kids. No, that's Scooby Doo, I mean pesky rain. So yes it wasn't all his fault (apart from being a poor communicator but aren't they all 😕); if you get rained off your jobs what can you do. I will reserve further commentary until something actually happens there's no point posting on this every day right up to a Christmas soap opera cliffhanger 😂.

Anyway sorry I'm not in full posting mode, I'm off to bed early and as I don't have to get up first thing I should be back amongst you tomorrow 👍️.

No other news although I have seen Mrs B today, suddenly appeared large as life, delighted to see her 😀 and mousie yesterday, so all's well on that front. Have a good night all and will look forward to a proper chat and some vegan waffle 😊 xx

Love to all 😘 xx