Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    edited 12. Nov 2022, 07:27
    Options

Morning Joan poor Pepper still has his collar on - hopefully next week? Poor boy😕 The dr hasn't said Paul can't drive, but he had yesterday off and I drove. Luckily he knows when he's getting dizzy so he could pull over l suppose I had a good chat with him about safety. I hope the tests are very very soon. He does have cover with the business so i will see if it will pay for the tests. I hope you are both ok and have a good day ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi how are you today? Day after MTX isn't the best is it?🙄and you had stomach ache yesterday I hope it's not too bad ((()))

There's our MTX being prepared for us all...

Poor LA getting pushed I can see why he wanted to exact some revenge, but it's very good he knows biting is wrong bless him. Life can seem very unjust when you're little I think.

Yes Paul has seen the Dr and there is treatment available once the tests are completed. Worst case scenario is a pacemaker well that would be ok as long as he is well.

How is your mum doing is she feeling back to normal yet? I hope so. I was wondering whether they were off to see EF this weekend.

Have a good day the weather is supposed to be quite nice today.

Ps thank you for 'liking' my post about remembrance day yesterday💜

Morning Toady how are you doing?

Guess what? I now have another whole hedgehog house! I will see about making another wall so I can have two because I do not like waste. That was a bit extreme of them to send a whole new house, but i expect they were trying to make up for it the quickest and easiest way they could.

Paul and I have come up with some sensible precautions while we wait for his tests to be done such as no hot baths he can shower for now with ventilation and me around. I did know his heart rate was low for a slightly overweight unfit man, but he had ignored me. I didn't realise quite how dangerous it was though. I really want those tests NOW!

Today is supposed to be nice so more progress in the garage I hope for you. I will maybe get in my shed today my friend has visitors all weekend. Walk first though health is priority.

Well I am very glad your saliva has arrived! Tia sent her saliva off so she could go on the list for donating bone marrow when Lucy had cancer. We did think that a bit gross! Salvia really does look like saliva I expect yours look much cuter than that though and yes they will take off next year. Og dear your Hollyhocks have rust? Wow I am pretty sure it's not fatal this weather we've been having grrrr😠

Oh yes we do have to sign for our parcels again 'post' covid. I hope you were at least fully clothed? I do dismantle the boxes and have some good tape to reassemble them. Sometimes they can fit inside each other can't they and stay 'whole'. May favourites are the 'Who gives a Cr*p' loo roll ones they are fabulous. Mind you so does Sleek..... Hers stay preconstructed. I rather like preconstructedness😁

Well I suppose I'd better get on now.

Take care everyone

Love to Barbara, Kitty and Carol if they call in ((())) xxx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,933
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) How are you doing I hope all is well there. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) I hope you have a good day. People say it’s still warm but I think it’s cold out perhaps it’s because we are older and we feel the cold more. Pepper seems happy thank you. I remember using a soldering iron years ago.

Barbara (()) How are things there. Have a good day love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) It’s good Paul (()) has a warning when he going to faint but things happen so quick. How is your friend (()) and her wife (()) you have such a lot on your mind (()) have a good day (()) Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours I hope they are doing alright (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day and your mum (()) that’s good she is well.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,059
    Options

Hi everyone hope you’re all doing ok? xx

wppl xx.

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni and toady

sorry not feeling well some dogs almost went on me and I had a panic attack Ive got a phobia of dogs

also tension in house has started already

will send proper message later xx

• bosh
    Options

hi toady 🐸

how are you feeling ?

that was very observant noticing the tardis - hat on the lady’s head I didn’t see it at first I thought it was part of the framed picture 🙄

about dr who I thought there was a New Year’s or late New Years special of Doctor Who coming up but I think they’re changing it all the time anyway so it’s pretty annoying I agree 😡

Ive totally recovered from the pre-methotrexate stomachache thank you of course I’m still being a bit careful with food in case I get the during- mxt - stomachache only time will tell really well I’m being as careful as I can do you know the drill lol so I won’t go into the methotrexate diet dr bosh may have formulated haha 😂

yes glad LA has narrowly escaped vampire nurse - vocation lol

hope your days going ok so far , rather mild isn’t it? Not sure what happened there, whether the weather g*ds have overdone the caffeine and sugar I don’t know, I wouldn’t be surprised if they were breakfasting with Bill this morning, I’ve found a receipt for three “child - avoidance- specials” oh dear.

ok this was a from memory kind of thing so not accurate unfortunately

im not feeling too bad at the moment thanks

how is the diy going?

bye for now tc xx

pc non -arthritis friendly but aesthetically pleasing tea pot lol xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you today?

you’re welcome about the Remembrance Day post 🤗

stomach is okay at the moment thanks just about, I’m hoping it’ll stay that way but of course the g*ds of methotrexate are temperamental in nature as we know 🤢

parents are going to visit EF very briefly tomorrow well that’s what they say but it usually ends up to be a reasonably long visit I’m not going because I know I’ll feel tired and will be tempted to eat the wrong things I really don’t need more acute stomach pains than I’ve already have had recently

mild today isn’t it Toni? rather too mild in my opinion though of course anything is better than the Dantes inferno of the summertime “yucky” as LA might say, I must admit I have been feeling strange recently forehead feels like it’s burning alive with the heat of psoriasis least I suppose that’s the cause of it very odd indeed

i was just saying to toady that LA told my mum that I’m his sister not his mummy’s sister bless him I’ve also heard recently reports from my sis that he shared his French fries with BR in McDonald’s v recently that’s def an improvement from his behaviour here in the holiday capital of the world they call Reading lol, he was as my mum put it “very possessive” about his French fries while he was in the Reading McD’s so I’m glad he’s sharing with his brother at least even if no one else qualifies for sharing privileges including his own mummy and daddy…oh dear

Have you started Christmas shopping yet Toni? I’ve done little bits and pieces need to do a bit more really but certain people who cannot be named are very difficult to buy for example my sisters taste in jewellery is very Conservative so finding something she can wear can be a bit challenging, are your family easy to buy for?

okay I’ll go for now Toni Hope you’re having a nice afternoon? take care xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

how are you and Sue doing today?

Yes it’s definitely good that my mum is feeling well now thank you

i’m not feeling too bad at the moment thanks

I hope you both have a good afternoon take care xx

• bosh
    Options

hi Again Toni 🌺

I just forgot to say that’s good that Paul’s getting the tests done.👍

tc xx

Ps pic of bill / Salem in his natural habitat lol xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,134
    Options

Hi all 😊 boy that really was/is mild today as bosh says 😮 what a difference to yesterday. Have been scuffling in the garden and doing good works (ok I have also been furrowing my brow over moving what plants where, but only for a bit of it). In fact I have done most of the jobs on my list or at least a part thereof so quite pleased. Have been in the garage too frog, mostly tidying but also prepping some bits of handy scrap timber for reuse by removing other bits that were nailed to them, I bought myself some new hacksaw blades for the purpose and gosh they are marvellous 😍 tools for the job and all that. I hope you got in the shed today I imagine it being so nice you were most likely in the garden. Ooh, two hedgehog houses! That was good of the seller but as you say probably as quick & easy for them as sorting out a missing bit, I will be very interested to hear what happens next, whether you put out both or maybe keep the other back as a spare or as an investment property 😀. Either way I hope you get interest! 🤞🦔 Glad your friends have visitors so you can take a little back seat for a while and hope things are ok. With Paul too of course, the reluctant diagnosee. Saliva tests, yes of course for bone marrow, that did not come to mind - brilliant but not fun or tasteful, no, what is where medical things are concerned. Is that how they do family tree DNA too or can you do that in person 🤔 which brings me neatly to family history, see bit at end. I was respectable for the postman, or as presentable as I ever am without a couple of hours' notice 🙄 he did bring something today too but a non signed for parcel, this was the early van postman, oddly enough walking postie then brought a small signed-for packet and didn't knock 🤨. I will see if this new box will pack inside another, usually they don't by 5mm too tall or something, when they do it is a very happy moment indeed 😂. Have a good Sunday :) xx

Hello joan, I wish I was good at things involving different skills like using the soldering iron, I expect it became second nature for you (was this at Garrard's). Some things of my Dad's I don't even know what are for, one day I will round up a few and photograph and put them on here people can have a go at identifying them. Hope you had the benefit of the nice weather, love to both and have a good Sunday :) xx

Hi bosh, sorry you had the nasty experience with the dogs 😔 I hope they aren't ones you would see again. Glad you are feeling not too bad all told though 👍️ and hopefully will have a quiet Sunday especially if the EF visit does stretch out a bit. The Lego story I was going to tell, I heard the poet Benjamin Zephaniah on that radio programme I've never seen Star Wars; he related how he used to play at a friend's house who had a nice set that he coveted and after a while he started to take one or two pieces home with him at a time. The theory was the friend wouldn't notice and eventually he would end up with all the Lego himself 😄 - this sounds not a million miles from something the naughty boy-next-door might do so I hope LA can account for all his Lego pieces 🤨 for some reason when I was little (we had an odd assortment of pieces I think passed on by someone a neighbour type thing) I particularly liked the small single cube, there weren't many of those and they were very satisfying somehow 😂. One thing I did read about Doctor Who was that in the US it's not airing on BBC America any more but on Disney+ 😱 dear me no I would be an unhappy American. The DIY is going ok thank you very much, just poking about with some bits of wood at the moment, when I get the cold frame for the garden it may need a bit of sturdying up, they don't make these things out of solid oak at my end of the price range 😂. Have a good evening hopefully it will feel less warm for you as it gets later. I wonder what Salem is reading btw, he certainly has all the ingredients of a nice evening there has obviously been reading all those articles about pampering yourself and 'me time'. Bye for now 👋 :) xx

Love to Barbara and Kitty hope you have both had a nice day this mild weather 😊 xx

• Just to mention: anyone who is interested in family history but isn't subscribed to anything at the moment, there are certain sites doing a free access thing until the 14th, aimed at people wanting to look up military service records but it also means you can access more than usual of other records. Not long I know but might be handy if you want to look up a particular fact or two.

love to all xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

glad you got some things done in the garden 🪴

Thanks about the dogs - episode, one of the dogs I think I’ve seen before, I think, the problem is I leave the house a bit later these days what with the iron related fatigue etc, also I maybe should’ve walked the longer way round, but I was tired, mind you of course it’s hard to always predict when a dog feels like chasing me across the street 😡

Anyway I survived that’s the main thing, but the owners should’ve been more responsible really and kept them on leads or at least tried to stop their dogs instead of standing around for ages chewing the fat or the slippers or whatever they were doing.

v interesting about the Lego at one point LA was “borrowing” Lego from after school club and then replacing it, I think when he’s older he’ll like that story👍

Yes hopefully some peace tomorrow for me🤞

I see, yes D*sney seems to be taking over everything even music videos that clearly kids shouldn’t be watching, well that nobody should be watching really, def not a good thing

Yes I too wonder about Salem’s choice of reading material, maybe it’s just a foreign language reference dictionary, I remember having to cart those demons around at uni, one of my more snobbish pals said “ why don’t you just ask your parents to buy two more of them?” “ I replied politely but I really wanted to say, “ because they’re about £20 each and at this moment in time they can’t afford it THANK YOU” lol, sorry about caps I only thought them tho didn’t say that.

Salem doesn’t have a cream intolerance good for him though not his BMI I suspect lol

ok bye for now toady good night and Tc xx

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning Everyone😍

Joan yes Paul feels safe enough and the good news is the appointment for the ambulatory ecg has come through already! For the 28th. My friend remains stable amazing given how little she eats. How are you and Sue doing? ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi. How are you feeling today. I am OK stomach under control just a bit tired.

It is mild atm quite odd but as you say nothing like the summer! Dante's inferno sums it up perfectly!🤣

I am very pleased your parents are visiting EF today. You will get some space which you deserve and no HV when you are on your own is there?

LA is a good boy sharing his French fries with his little brother. Isn't that a really kind thing to do he is a sweetheart ❤️ but a question - would he share them with his new sister? AKA Auntie Goddess Mima? I think he loves his family so much you are now his sibling closer to him than an Auntie.

The hot forehead...hmmmm you are too young really but that's how my hot flushes started you know just very hot head. I was probably about 46ish. Since then I've found out that it is called the perimenopause. I was just unlucky really to still be in my 40s.

Thank you so much for the Salem pic. Look at him in his dressing gown with cake all over his face😻🐈‍⬛

Morning Toady another good day for gardening here. Time does need to be spent deciding what to put we're though so that isn't wasting time really..... I was sorting out too! Mostly made more mess though not as organised as you. New blades eh? Yes tools for a job i quite agree.

The extra hedgehog house still undecided. I might see if I can make the missing part and he two or even build an extension?!!🦔🦔🦔 I think it was probably easier for him yes and a bonus for me.

I'm glad to hear you were decent for Postie! Always best😄😄 how many parcels for one day? And two different posties too never happens here one postie on van. It is great if the boxes fit inside each other isn't it?

I am enjoying this well earned rest yes thank you and my friend is enjoying her visitors too. Paul seems to need me nearby not like him at all. Good news is we have the date for the 24 hour ecg already. The 28th. I am relieved.

I tjink you do send saliva fir those dba family history tests. One day I might do that. . .🤨

Well I'd better get on I need my early walk.

Enjoy your day!

A Quick hello to Barbara Kitty and Carol we are all thinking of you🥰

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) How are you feeling today I hope you have a good day. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) you never know when you might need a tool you think but you never do. Have a good day.

Barbara (()) How are you and your problems getting on (()) love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) I’m sorry you have pain (()) that’s good Paul has his appointment ((()) that’s good your friend (()) and her wife (()) I’m not sure which one has the C but it’s good she’s stable (()) would you have two hedgehog’s. We are well thank you. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) sorry you are tired have good day and your mum it’s nice she can go out and someone else do the cooking.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Good afternoon everyone xx

wppl xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you doing today?

House is full of cheese 🧀 I’m not sure why 😡

But I had to make myself a homemade hot choc just to curb the cravings, oh well could’ve been worse

thats interesting about peri menopause thanks I’m a lot older than I look so it would only be slightly early for me, gp said she tested for menopause but whether she tested for peri menopause I don’t know so I’ll just have to wait and see I guess but it’s good to know that that’s what it could be thanks again 👍

yes you’ve guessed right LA isn’t sharing his potato products with anyone else, even his new “sister” lol

Parents have gone to see EF for a few hours, you’re right great for me much needed solitude even though all I’m doing is avoiding cheese and vegging in front of TV lol

LA isn’t too well unfortunately he had high temp last night, poss this morn too, I’m not sure but my mum wanted to see EF so much today no one could’ve stopped her really, I just really hope she’s careful and that LA doesn’t give her a hug, because we’re not sure as yet exactly what’s wrong with him

You’re welcome about Salem.

ok I’ll leave it there for now, hope you’re having a good Sunday? Bye Tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

thanks For your nice message

how are you and Sue doing today ?

yes it will be nice for my mum to go out because she doesn’t get to go out very often

The problem is she’s cooking again because my sister is feeling a bit tired and rundown I said I’d help her but she won’t accept help with cooking or food prep but at least she’ll be having a good time thanks for thinking of her

hope you’re both having a good evening, bye and take care xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady

how are you today? You’re right nice cold nights mean that I can sleep well

how are you finding the cold nights? do they give you headaches?

LA had a high temp yesterday and poss this morning too, I’m not sure, I just hope he gets better soon and that mum doesn’t catch anything

There was a funny story I wanted to tell you I even wrote some notes about it ha ha it’s a true story at least I believe it to be true when I was at uni we had a French lecturer who was really very odd he was not one of the younger lecturers but he was very passionate about his subject but unfortunately also very absent minded and we had some lectures with him on early Friday evenings at the end of the lecture he was in a great hurry and some people had said they’d seen him running towards the station he wasn’t a professor or anyone of that station but there was an absent-minded professor air about him he also seemed very nervous and he would run at top speed right to the railway station which it being Bangor involves one or two hills so quite impressive really but then another lecturer told some of us that the reason he was running is because he was a “henpecked husband” to use his language his wife would get very angry if he were late for dinner because on Fridays she would make a practice roast dinner for the Sunday eating affair which involved the lecturers’ in-laws so no wonder he was nervous poor man he had to praise a burnt piece of chicken fend, catch the train in time and also practice some witty repartee for the benefit of his in-laws! My goodness and he thought lecturing was a hard job…oh dear me whether this was 100% true or just one of our lecturers indulging in a bit of gossip I’m not sure but I can certainly visualise it even now let’s put it this way he was very nervous about something so I think they must’ve been at least a grain of truth in it.

well I think I’ll sign off their toady for the moment hope your evening is not going to badly are you planning a late evening walk? or is it maybe getting a bit too chilly outside? take care and have a good night. Xx

• toady
    edited 13. Nov 2022, 20:03
    Options

Hi all :) well that wasn't quite the day that yesterday was, and the power tool happy brigade were out as well for most of it 🙄 but I still got a bit done outdoors. The cold frame is due tomorrow frog so I am making preparations, wish me luck with its putting-up and hope whichever patron saint preserves you from 'the screw holes did not line up' sort of flatpack pitfalls will look after me. Good luck in turn with your hedgehog house assembly & extra bit depending on your final decision. Glad you got a bit of time in the shed etc even if you did make mess too, I still am with sawdust etc and anyway even when tidying, you have to get things out as you go really because some need the divide & rule treatment etc or to have their current storage arrangement changed. It doesn't sound that nice tomorrow I am hoping to at least wrap up a few garden jobs, I have finished the what pot & what plant where bit thankfully for now - the potatoes I chucked in a pot & which were looking fab are now not so happy, I will try & diagnose what particular malady they have or post pic if in doubt. It's not the end of the world it was just a use spare pot trial & error thing just for the lols really. Just the one round by Postman pat for you then, at least once he's been you know that's it although that can be bad too if you are waiting.. 🕗️. I would sort of be interested in the dna thing on the one hand but mainly I'd love to know something about the much further back bits of my family history, the much harder to find out stuff (also I would be too worried I might find some relatives 😬). Have a good week and hope you are getting on ok with your headphones and so forth, did I read you right the other day that you read 1984 in your childhood? Gosh even Animal Farm would have been a trauma too far for me, I was heartily glad I didn't get set that at school. xx

Hello joan and hope you have had a good day, and I hope too there is no truth in the rumours of snow 😬 but I suppose if it must it must, we have had a very mild run of things considering it's mid-Nov and I have not had the radiators on. I have been turning out old extension flexes and electrical bits today, that's an easier job because I'd rather get new if I need to than risk something a bit old. Must find out where you can take them to dispose of, I have a very nearby tip but you aren't allowed to go without a car 🙄. I did not see King Charles lead the Remembrance Sunday service I thought I might watch it back instead. Have a good new week :) xx

Hi bosh, hope your bit of peace & quiet was ok even if you did have to spend some of it fleeing from cheese 🧀😱 funnily enough in another trailer for the same programme as the Lego story, they said Les Dennis had never had cheese 🤔 I can't quite imagine how that would come about and no-one had given you a cheese sandwich or something as a child. Maybe they just meant he tried it and didn't like it but they did use the word never so I would have to listen to find out. Anyway a little hot choc was definitely the lesser of two evils 😀☕️. That was a very good professor story omg and poor man if true!! I wonder (again assuming if true) he got locked into that cycle for all time or maybe one day he could go home & please himself what he ate. You never think much about your teachers' home lives do you, well maybe at university age but not as younger children. Seeing a teacher out shopping or something was such a shock haha like they had escaped from school. What a suitable pic of a running man and excellent painting too 😍 I did not know the artist thanks, I have looked them up. (Also the artist for the girl/ cat/ teapot painting in your post to Toni because I love that too very 'ooky' pictures!). I have not been for a walk today maybe later, it's not too cold yet it's a matter of mustering the discipline, and also getting ready into a state where I don't look too much like I've been dragged through a hedge as they say, you think it'll be ok in the dark but there's always someone who drives out or sets off a security light and all of a sudden your bit of pavement is floodlit 🙄. I will see how I feel later. It's not bad for sleeping at night either yet just a hot water bottle is welcome I haven't resorted to a 'snuddie' yet 🤐. Have a good night yourself & a good start to the week :) xx

Love to Kitty and Barbara and one & all 👋 xx

• frogmorton
    Options

To be fair Joan my friend and her wife are now both my friends so I can see why you get mixed up! I just don't want to post their names for their privacy. How are you doing though both of you? I managed to have a cup of tea with my lovely neighbours yesterday which was so nice. He might need a lift to the hospital to have his pacemaker changed in a few weeks. I hope you have a good day ((())) xxx Ps I would LOVE two hedgehogs!

Morning Reshmi how are you doing today?

All is well here Paul seems less anxious and is planning on going into work this week and using the lads when he needs to be out on site so should be safe enough.

Now when I started with surprise hot flushes I had no idea they could be being nowhere near 50 at the time. I think there isn't really a test for the perimenopause, but it is up to 10 years before the actual cessation of periods. The problem with bloods for the PM and M is that our hormones fluctuate so much during our cycles it's not that clear. If you feel well otherwise hopefully it's 'just' that. You look like you are in your 30s to be honest, but I just risked saying that because I had no idea about symptoms showing before we are in our 50s.

Poor LA being poorly again it's so hard when they are little and the next thing is poor BR might catch it that was my girls when they were little😕. Hopefully your Mum will not, but as you said there was no stopping her and you benefitted from some peace. I for one am glad his new sister didn't visit and catch anything.

Well done having the hot choc to stave off the cravings👍️

That gorgeous winter walk picture Reshmi I just loved it I want to be there! It's raining here🙄what's new? I hope we both manage our walks take care ((())).

Morning Toady wasn't it lovely again yesterday? I hope you got outside again. I did and I had another go on Kari's electric bike and had a cup of tea with my lovely neighbours too.

I'm sure the power tool brigade were out again in force that's only to be expected. It might be that we are both putting our flatpacks together today. Not always straightforward I hope all of your components are present and correct👍️I can't wait to see the finished article😊

Regarding tidying sheds (and garages) you are so right we do have to break a few eggs as they say..... We'll get there and it can 'sort of' be done on a wet day too.

My potatoes too look a bit worrying I need to inspect today😒 Let's hope I'm wrong eh? I was looking forward to some garden fresh newies.

Yes just one postie here, but we know him well and it's his wife who crochets and knits our lovely postbox toppers I must take a pic of the latest.

I read 1984 for 'pleasure' Toady i was and still am an avid avid reader. I was possibly a bit young for it then it was so good to revisit it from a more adult perspective. Animal farm I read too that was just HORRIBLE!

There actually is a possibility of a half sibling in our family so the DNA test feels a tiny bit urgent for me, but my bro isn't keen Kari and I are which though. Doesn't it tell you what illnesses you might be prone to as well? That might be a bit too much information for me!

Anyway better get dressed before Tesco arrive!

Take care

A very quick hello to Barbara and Kitty and Carol in case they are able to pop in. I hope all is well much love ((())) xxx

NHS healthy breakfast today breakfast burritos

• bosh
    Options

good morning everyone hope you’re all doing ok? Xx

wppl xx

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) have a good day try to keep warm. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) in your search in the shed did you find things you did not know you had. Have a good day

Barbara (()) how are you and your family (()) have a good day (()) love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) I would never want anyone’s name I’m sorry (()) Paul is being sensible having someone with him at work when he’s out and about (()). All the best to your neighbour having his pacemaker changed (()) have a good day I hope your pain has eased a bit (()) love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) enjoy your time on your own don’t worry. Love to your mum I hope she has a good time (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you doing today? Today was one of those annoying days for me when I couldn’t leave the house due to various issues with pharmacists and meds and tracking down rheumo admin department, things were achieved eventually for example got a date for next rheumo hospital appointment for example, but I shouldn’t have to be arranging these things really…anyway I wont blow my volcanic top about it, but it’s annoying when these kind of things happen isn’t it?

That’s good that P has some people to help him at work👍

don’t worry I don’t get offended if people get my age wrong it’s ok

i still haven’t finished with appointment arranging etc, I’m on hold “as we chat” as it were trying to book standard lithium 3 monthly vampire nurse situation, what fun 😡

I read another book by the Harold Fry author, I think she’s called Rachel Joyce it was called “Perfect” but I didn’t like it as much as the other 2 books, I got the sense that she “was trying to be clever” somehow, it seemed a bit pretentious I think and the ending was really depressing but I won’t blab the details 😀

LA is well again and BR didn’t catch it as far I know, M seems fine luckily and is In better spirits thanks for asking 👍

hows Lucy? Is she still liking her job and flat?

no other news really at the moment other than I’m caller number 5 million on line to the docs 😂

oh dear I think I’ll have a quick holiday sitting on the off duty police - elephant 🐘

I may even share some iced buns with him / her

bye for now Toni Tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

how are you today?

I was stuck in stuffy room and arranging appointments etc didn’t even manage a walk unfortunately so not the greatest of days but never mind

am struggling with the drowsies atm actually lol, it maybe a wet wipe on the face situation at least until I’ve heard the voice of the golden receptionist 😡

yes teachers as human beings v odd thought indeed lol

ive given up worrying about what neighbours think of my appearance lol, I often go outside wearing two hats 🎩 🎩

and I keep a spare sun hat in my bag too at times

i just call myself the eccentric hatter (not liking the “m” word for obvious reasons)

Ok I’ll leave it there, hope your days going ok so far?

bye Tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

how are you and Sue doing today? I did enjoy a few hours by myself thank you, my mum is good thanks she enjoyed seeing LA and BR 👍

I hope you’re both having a good evening, bye and Tc xx

👋 Barbara xx

• toady
    Options

Hello all, just a quick post from me as I am hoping to look up a few more family tree facts before the cutoff so I had better save some online head time for that & space things out. It's a tricky one indeed as to whether to look up possible relatives frog 🤔 can quite see both points of view, but if you were to ask me to balance someone's wish to know against another family member's wish to maybe not know, I have no idea. I never have had for that kind of thing, put it to some sort of conference & vote I suppose but how do you deal with a standoff 😬. I would like to trace some of my possible remaining US relatives but whether I will is down to time & getting on with it. Good luck if yours turns into a genuine dilemma.The cold frame did not arrive til round 4 so no putting-together for me today, probably not tomorrow if it's going to be wet as I think I saw 😕 but anyway I probably will need a day or two's prep &c. How did the ride on Kari's bike go, how far did you go &c and do you now feel you have well got the hang of it (and are fairly definitely considering one?), glad you had the weather for that, anyway. Oh dear, not your pots too 😧 I shall inspect mine again tomorrow & report back. Hope your Tesco delivery was all good 👍️ they keep mentioning xmas slots to me, good grief. Re books, I did a fair bit of reading at around 5th form age when I had the free run of the library during a couple of hours a week for reasons not interesting enough to go into, but really I started to read more after I left school. Looking back it seems incredibly drawn out to read books a chapter at a time per school year & for homework &c, I can't think now why I didn't zip through things quicker of my own accord, didn't occur to me 🙄. Have a good evening all of you :) xx

Hello joan, have not got much done today as I had to wait for a delivery & it sets me on edge til they've gone but I did finish some very small garden & garage jobs. I haven't found anything that I didn't know about because it's not too long since I had the last reorganise but I do find things I've forgotten, or lost. I have odd bits of furniture I'd like to sell but it means someone coming to the house to pick them up & I've been wary about that since covid.

Hi bosh, I haven't been out today either but I will try to in a bit as it's going to rain tomorrow or thunder or some such thing and pretty much forever after that on & off 🙄 . Sorry you had to hang on the phone it gets tedious doesn't it, I was on for a while the other day to healthcare at home and they interrupt the on hold message all the time to say 'Did you know (you can order via the app or whatever)', well yes I do know thanks, I've had to listen to you say so 25 times, mutter grumble. I hope when you got through you got an appt for a good/convenient time or the least worse anyway. And good luck ofc in advance for next rheumo appt. Glad the littleys are ok and I hope you & the police elephant got along nicely before it had to go back on its next shift, perhaps it helped you make a trunk call to the drs (very very old and outdated joke). I have a few hats fake furry sort of things they don't get much of an outing and definitely only one at a time but I hang on to them anyway, I may be glad of them indoors if we have a winter of power cuts 😬. Have a good evening :) xx

Love to Kitty 😺 xx

and Barbara 😘 I saw Mrs Blackbird in the front garden yesterday so she is still here but up to something a bit territorial I presume, hopefully she knows herself best as they say 🐦️ xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi again toady 🐸

yes being put on hold for generations is def one of the most annoying things, I did get the b test appointment in the end thanks, I remember at work, long ago now, I had to call one of the stationery suppliers and it was another centuries on hold situation which was of course doubly difficult for me as I had a lot of other tasks to do simultaneously (you know how it is) so I tried putting call on speakerphone v quietly but then someone said he heard music, so that idea was no good, I had so much work on though it was quite unfair and pressurising there were some temps but what they did was controlled by a certain lady who’d been there a long time but wasn’t technically anyone’s boss hmm - I’ll say no more lol, no equal division of labour going on there 😡

i could’ve done with a few friendly elephant - helpers like this mummy elephant and her v own LA / BR type littley elephant, also Monet was born on this day apparently so M - style cake, iced by me lol, no, by a nameless entity on the Internet lol, bye toady Tc xx