Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Hello all..I'm really sorry I can't read your post but always thinking about you all.xxxx

Thabkyou to Toni fir letting me know about Joan and Sye (((())) xxxx

I just want to send Joan and Sue my love and really hope you get the money back xxxx

Love to everyone 💕

Love
    Barbara
  • bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,074
    Options

Hi Barbara 🤗

so nice to hear from you!

don’t worry about reading posts I know your eyes are troubling you

Bye and you take care of yourself xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,143
    edited 3. Jan 2023, 20:59
    Options

Hello all - well how can 2 days be so different 🤔 cold and dreary, dark, have not got anything useful done, it's gone so quickly - had a visit from a sparrowhawk this morning ('no-one' missing that I know of, Mrs B mousie etc, but it was up to something 😕), and a mystery phone call from a local number & no message that put the right 'oh what nows' up me - I'm ex direc so can only be wrong numbers, or someone I know, but don't recognise the number. Anyway, grumpy toad is back in town 😂.

Can't believe I got the football score right and the wrong way round frog, that is my luck in a nutshell 🙄 glad it was a good game though. I hope your friend gets on ok if she speaks to/sees the Dr, and that they are sympathetic and also sensible. Sorry your brother has vertigo, has he had it before - nasty thing 😔. At least you still have a while before you go away in which to keep & eye on things & hope your friends & family improve somewhat🤞. Glad you & Kari had a nice meeting and cake 😀 hope she has a good Etsy New Year, my ebay is deadly quiet, I have been known to sell something not before xmas but after for odd reasons, like on xmas day itself, but not this year. Still there was no incentive to list last weekend anyway, cheap rates for selling fees etc, so anything new can wait. I have made a few seed notes btw but yes I'm sure we can wait a bit, but if yours will be under cover you could start anytime I guess.. or half and half.. looking forward to a couple of new purchases, anyway 😊. Have a good day tomorrow love to all :) xx

Hello joan, so sorry to hear about your neighbour 😔 and awful & upsetting for her friend. It is not a nice time of year too much sad news. I went to read up on what you said about mask wearing, quite shocking how bad things are I will be sticking to keeping away from people as much as possible - every time you think shall I venture to a shop or something, you think well what why risk it nothing's so vital you can't get it online luckily. Look after yourselves too xx

Hi bosh, it's ok I got what you meant about your hair not long enough etc 👍️ funny that your hat is a nice somewhat toad-like green, the toads and their influence get everywhere lol 😀 nice present anyway. Yesterday's walk was really cold much more than the night before, even with a scarf I had to actually do my coat up, this is virtually unheard of for me 😂 so a hat might be the next step, you never know. Hope you are not coughing today with your cold or not as much (even if you said it was not all the time anyway), and by tomorrow you can tell which way it's going. It was raining on & off earlier, not clocks & cogs 😂😂 (lovely), just drizzly bits, ugh. May or may not go out in a bit. I think staying in and sitting in a nice bowl of hot soup like the little rice bear sounds more appealing 😍 he's great, and I suppose not too hard to do, but then again who has children and the time to make creative dinners, you'd have to be some sort of superior being I think. Hope everyone else doing ok and that LA is right that he's 'not positive' and definitely that he hasn't been watching any vampire tv 😱. See you next visit have a good night :) xx

Hello dear Barbara 😘 lovely to see you 👋 take care & keep well xx

Love to Kitty too 😽 and anybody calling in xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

Thanks yes it would be a kind of super - mum thing to make rice bears whilst doing the nappy change etc I agree lol

i had takeaway and am rather full, think I’ll hit the squash

have a good night Tc xx

ps first pic is still solstice related of course 😀

and second pic is a random one apparently called “autumn jack” who does his coat up when he goes out unlike you and my dad but I will not comment I will keep my mouth perfectly zipped unless I’m making a few nuisance calls bien sur😂

a demain toady xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,433
    edited 4. Jan 2023, 07:18
    Options

Morning everyone

Is it 12th night tomorrow?

Morning Joan. It was that Health lady who suggested we all wear masks again I think Sue is right. To be fair I haven't really stopped wearing one yet and won't for a while. So far I have had Paul with COVID and Lucy when she lived here and now Charley and Annie at the funeral and touch wood I haven't caught it. How are you both. Any news for Sue about those scammers? ((())) xxx Ps Friend did not ring the Dr in the end.😕 Have you seen Barbara has popped in to see if you and Sue are ok?

Morning to Kitty I hope you are doing ok today carers have no doubt come on time as they usually do. I know you have a cleaner too now when does she come..if she is a she she might be a he???? ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi thank you for asking my back is still very much the same, but I have got the hang of it now and am more careful so don't set it off so much.

How about you though? Are you feeling ok today - I'm so glad the cough has gone😊 After 10 is fine too I agree just getting out every day is what matters. You have other things to do in the mornings with your Mum and your actual pain to get 'normalised'. My friend has two dogs who would benefit from a walk too I think. She didn't ring the Dr😕 I rang her other friend (in his 70s) who she has been refusing to see and he is going to see her today.

I am very glad indeed to hear that your dad taught BIL the omelette making skills because your sister has at least had something nutritious to eat. Even better that he doesn't try to be 'clever' shoving weird ingredients into his culinary delights! You think LA was eating cupcakes? 🤔 mmmmmm wouldn't surprise me at all. I bet he's had a few cheese sandwiches too while BIL has been in charge. How is your sister? Perhaps she doesn't need to worry too much about testing LA (without symptoms I presume?) unless he is due in school?

I can imagine her trying to catch the little darling and yes it is funny. We must laugh sometimes - often if we can - it really does help.

Let's hope he is still safely watching children's programmes on TV nothing scary and it's just his excellent imagination at play.

You take care of yourself too Reshmi you have a lot you could worry about ATM ((()))

Lovely to see your name Barbara I keep saying there is no need to read back and reply to us all. I promised to let you know if any of us needed a post and you've done that to check in on Joan and Sue ((())) take care xxx

Toady be careful! The scammers can use a 'local' number. If it's a friend they will try again or leave you a message.

What a miserable day it was wasn't it? Let's hope it's nicer later on it's dark ATM. Today I am off to the hygienist - lovely! Not😕I will have to warn her that the replacement filling I had a bit back is worse than before I had it done.

Oh dear what was the predator doing circling? We have one here it so sacres me that he might get my Sleek😥 At least your know Mrs B and Mousie are all present and correct.

Unfortunately my friend bottled ringing the Dr. Really stupid to be honest because she really and truly needs some help and to get some normality back in her life she has too much time to dwell. Problem is the dogs can't be left for a whole work day. Oh well work will call her in soon anyway to discuss.

Kari is back in the saddle right enough maybe her customers were given money for Christmas and want to spend it in her shop? It would be odd I think to find time to go on Ebay on Christmas day but some do you're right. As you know I am not spending anything at ALL on clothes this year so I did quickly buy a sweatshirt (Figaro) on 31st December online.

I think I might not plant my seeds until I get home after the holiday in case they need watering while I'm away. The kids will see to Sleek ok, but seeds? Maybe not🤔

Love to anyone who pops in today especially missing friends.

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,936
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) Thank you for showing us the photos of your bungalow it’s lovely just right for you. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) I hope you have a good day today. It will be nice when the spring comes.

Barbara (()) love to you and Mr B (()) thank you for thinking about us (()) love to your son and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) good luck at the hygienists. We are going to the optician’s to morrow. Sue is getting a new bank card any day. I hope you have a good day. Love to your friend (()) and Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) i hope you have a good day (()) how is your mum (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi I everyone x

just at group

wppl xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

how are you this afternoon/ evening?

Yes toads are omnipresent and all powerful indeed what they lack in aesthetics they make up for in intellect and common sense lol

not talking about you of course 😀

I had a nice day thanks 👍

got to the group a bit early so got things done a bit early in general which was good

avoided any form of hot choc and had a dark choc coated bar instead

RR has hurt his back again unfortunately is seeing the doc so was absent today

J the organiser lady is on holiday hopefully not to Slough or MH of course those places are fully booked apart from one b’n’b - but apparently they only serve cheese sandwiches 🥪 but on the plus side they do have free bibs for messy eaters.

Soup sounds nice shall we add it to the cafe menu maybe?

I walked a bit too in a two - hatted manner just to avoid my slight cold getting any worse 🎩 🎩

How has your day been? Any nocturnal perambulation planned?

bye toady and Tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you this evening?

Nice day thanks I went to the group a bit earlier than usual had a walk with two hats on

unfortunately RR Hurt his back again so he has a doctor‘s app and couldn’t attend today

J the organiser lady was also not there because she’s on holiday she goes on quite a lot of holidays well sort of mini hols really but they’re quite expensive and posh as is the jewellery she always likes to wear no discount earrings for her lol

I managed to avoid hot Choc completely today and had dark chocolate coated marshmallow bar so not too sinful 😇lol

hows your back feeling today? Im glad you’ve got the hang of setting of your back slightly less👍

i also quickly phoned the elderly gentleman with bipolar who had a very nice Christmas with his nieces and other relatives which I think did him a lot of good as he lives on his own he hasn’t fallen for a while either so that’s really good to hear 👍

That’s a shame that your friend didn’t see the doc, there’s not much we can do if people refuse to see docs, that’s the problem also with my dad he’s not seeing the GP even though he promised me he would anyway I won’t talk about dad too much as it’s quite depressing

it’s nice that you organised for her friend to go and see her though👍

I’m not feeling too bad thank you better for the walk that I had today I didn’t walk yesterday which was the right thing to do I feel but it is frustrating isn’t it? when we can’t do any exercise at all it definitely affects my sleep although I always seem to make up the sleep in the end at least in the winter

cough is only surfacing occasionally seems like probably something sets it off like being slightly too cold or the spice aroma that can pervade the house but then it goes after while it’s not too bad Toni don’t worry when I went out today and walked in the open air didn’t cough at all so that was a good sign

I’m not Sure about LA and the cupcakes it is a definite possibility though ha ha

my sis doesn’t communicate with me directly most of the time but I think my mum said that both the kids tested as negative that’s the latest info but I need to doublecheck at some point with mum, but my parents are having a bit of a Barney again it’s getting into a nasty HV situation every day really I’m afraid at the moment the main problem is it my dad and he his stubbornness etc but I won’t say any more at this point as this may not be completely private voice controlling session 🤫

LA was due to go back to school today but I’m not quite sure if he did like I say I need to check with my mum at some point

It Was quite funny wasn’t it really about LA? I just didn’t want anyone to be unintentionally offended Covid not funny LA funny got it 😂

laughter is definitely good for us I agree 😀

we had Japanese takeaway yesterday as a sort of late new year one off from waga - papa - well you know what I mean lol

So nice massive portions though and my stomach was on the brink of rebellion but luckily I managed to somehow control it with squash and water nondairy regime and so on - thank goodness for that

I think next time I wouldn’t have have chosen the sticky rice option I may be I’d have gone a bit easier on it - do you like katsu curry ? obviously not the chicken version I mean with butternut squash or sweet potato? Its of my favourite foods regardless of the choice of meat / veg but obviously it’s not too stomach friendly so it’s something I eat occasionally and approach with caution, the Reality is haven’t really had it for a very long time was a nice change

, I paid for it and then my dad transferred the money to me he had overpaid by 80p so I asked him if I should transfer 80 p back to him he wasn’t happy but that was the point it was quite hilarious lol 😂 😂

got a good point there vampires and so on may well be L.A.’s imagination, I hope so anyway

He told my mum recently that there is some bad guys at his school who are in league with the green- faced witch and they sometimes come to Reading to eat grannies😱😱

goodness I like you respect peoples food choices but that’s maybe it be going a step too far…

Also the bad guys may be going further afield, north and midlands are not safe for grannies and probably for Mimas too 😳

you may need to put some witch - proof walls up with the help of some builders of course toady’s paying apparently lol, I’ll contribute what I can financially it depends on how the eBay auction bidding war for the last cheese sandwich, plus I’m short by 80p after all lol

Bye For now Toni care of yourself xx

ps thought you might like this deer pic xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

how are you and Sue doing today?

i hope the opticians’ goes well tomorrow

i’m feeling good thanks I had a nice walk and went to the group 👍

my mum seems to be doing well today as well thank you

Bye for now

hope you both have a nice evening take care xx

• toady
    edited 4. Jan 2023, 20:33
    Options

Hello everyone, hi-de-hi - toady can't hear you, hi-de-hi - that's better.

Just a quick visit as I really should nip out for a walk in a bit. No disturbances of any sort today 😀 yes don't worry frog no-one is more cautious on the phone than I am, I never answer unless I know who it is and quite possiby not even then 😉😂. Far too many nasty things going on. It helped when I had a caller display phone but it died a death so I must get another one day, by then we will probably all have gone over to the new thing. Hope you got on ok at the dentist, not good at all that you had a filling that got worse not better 😕 what was her opinion on it (if at all). It does seem to be dentist & optician week in here 🧐. Not much doing with me I have to end some unsold ebay items 🙄 glad to know Kari is back in the selling swing 👍️. Hope the elderly visitor was able to see your friend 🤞that would be a little step which is something at this point. You very much squeaked in there with the sweatshirt 😀 I hope nothing vital has struck you since. I did buy something today with a view to resale, and spending the money on something else, but I expect that wouldn't excuse me 🤔. I am poking around now looking for new bath taps and sulking that someone got a pair on 'nosegay' at a not bad price that I missed (wasn't looking then). Oh well more may come up. Yes seeds later may be sensible, gravel trays & hope for the best is a bit sketchy so probably better do it when you can hover over them 😊. Have a good night :) xx

Hello joan, have a good optician's trip I am managing on supermarket readers and a pair I ordered online off a slightly outdated prescription. I like them though 😊 pity you can't test your own at home. I had a nice quiet day, yes Spring will be lovely it always seems wrong looking out at only 3 or 4pm and seeing the moon already up 🌒 Have a good evening :) xx

Hi bosh, yes I may well be 'roaming in the gloaming' in a little while 🦇. It is a full moon on Friday, 'Wolf Moon', so mind out for omnipresent toads who may have powers even above the usual that night 😉. Glad you had a 2-hatted walk yourself and the group was ok, no RR though, hmm physician heal thyself is that how the saying goes 🤔 I wonder if he has an answer for bad backs. Good to know anyway that (you think) the littleys have both tested neg and fingers crossed too your cold doesn't hang about now. Have had a quiet day but I did do some painting earlier to the ceiling in the utility room - I seem to have adopted an 'if it doesn't move paint it approach' to the New Year, not technically a resolution more I have got into 'the zone' for painting so may as well keep going. There was an old joke about a man painting lines down the road who starting working more & more quickly, when asked why he said he didn't have much paint left and he wanted to finish before it ran out 😂 that will probably be me but with my energy running out not the paint. Then I have to start helping build witchproof walls apparently, well me & Toni do have a brick collection between us we could probably manage something 😂. Hope the 80p shortfall can be balanced up somehow maybe with some creative accounting 🤔 💵. Have a good evening see you anon :) xx

Love to everyone 😘 👋 xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

glad you had a productive day 👍

ive just had a full Vesuvius situation just before sleep- time preparations, how nice 😡

so my sore throat is even more sore 😩

but I only shout when provoked

so hopefully tomorrow night won’t be as bad

good night toady Tc xx

Ps goth latte about as appetising as the atmosphere in this house atm xx

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning

Morning Joan all well here well not really I have COVID yes me. Think I caught it from a baby in the village who is currently in hospital with it. Can't believe it after all this time. I always wear masks outside too🙄 Hope you are both ok? ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi did you see? I have COVID. I really started to feel ill yesterday tested twice once before the dentist although I was ok then. Then last night both negative. Awful night shivering so tested when I got up and yup I have the dreaded virus.

Poor RR I hope his back eases off soon and the leader missing too on a posh mini-break! No ebay jewellery for her then!! No chocolate just dark chocolate that is excellent😊

How is your sister doing? I hope she feels ok and is testing negative very very soon. Glad the boys are (probably) negative. I would keep them off school and nursery too just in case they are brewing the virus.

I am watching your sister to see how long I might feel rough for. Temp is 39.3 and head banging. I hope HV did not erupt last night even though it looked possible.

My friend was going to come here to ring the Dr this morning, but now I think she really shouldn't😔 I just hope she braves the call on her own.

Yes I love katsu curry vegan of course like you though sticky rice can be a bit much. Well done surviving with squash.

Going to sign off quickly as soon as paul goes to work I want my bed!

Morning Toady how are you today?

Glad you wouldn't take a call from an unknown person that's really good. I am the same. Funny you don't even sometimes take them from people you actually know!!

Hope you got your walk. I can't go out now can I with COVID I hope I am clear in time for my holiday😕 That's a worry and I suppose Paul might well get it too🤔

The hygienist reckons it was her who caused the upset tooth. When she did the first deep clean exposing tooth so suggested sensodyne rubbed in and left on the tooth. She says if it hurts oly with cold (not heat as well) it's likely to be sensitivity. Now I can't believe I have taken COVID in to them. Me!😳 I did a test before I left - and was quite well too then.

I will not look at clothes at all for 12 months. I just 'needed' that Figaro top honestly. Shame you missed the taps I bet they were lovely. Buying for resale is fine👍️

I'll wait till I get home before I plant my seeds yes safety first☺️ apart from watering I like to look for seedlings - my babies!

Have a good day

Love to everyone

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

so sorry to hear that you have covid 🤗

you take care of yourself and get well soon xx

hi everyone else wppl xx

bye for now xx

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Yesterday I was in the kitchen our friend was vacuuming in the passage she turned around and saw a fox behind her good job sue was out with the dogs.

Kitty (()) have a good day (()) love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) have a good day sorry you couldn’t get the taps better one’s might come along.

Barbara (()) don’t worry you just let us know when something wrong (()). Love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni ((())) I cannot believe you have caught it you have been so careful I hope you don’t have any nasty side effects because of your problems breathing (()) yes I hope it’s gone in time for your holiday. Love to your friend I hope she gets the help she needs from the Doctor’s (()) Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) good you got to your club do you feel happier there now (()) love to your mum (())

take care
    joan xx
  • toady
    edited 5. Jan 2023, 17:31
    Options

Hello all

Frog, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 😕 after all this time, as you say. Do get well very soon and I so hope there is not too much pinging I know how mortified you'll be at the thought of having been somewhere 'with it'. Hope everyone is coping and not too many logistical problems.. I know it's too near your trip for comfort but fingers crossed for you🤞mainly just hoping your symptoms and temp stay at the mild/moderate, thinking of you 😘 xx

Not much going on with me very quiet.

Hello joan and hope you are both well, yes if the dogs were there that is definitely not the time for Mr Foxy to come calling 😬. Bit dull and drizzly today so everything is the quiet in the garden the birds just go very still & silent when it's this sort of day. I will keep looking for taps there are nice enough ones out there & you can buy the style I liked in normal places but bit much at full price, these were more reasonable. Have a good Friday :) xx

Hi to bosh and sorry about the situation yesterday 🌋 do hope things are a bit better today. Nothing much doing with me but will pop in later as well might have a bit of a rest this afternoon. All the xmas lights had nearly all been taken down by people when I went out last night so I checked if it was twelfth night, but like Toni mentioned, it's today apparently (or tomorrow there's always a bit of a disagreement where you start counting from!). One house had left theirs a pretty gold lacey set of lights all along their bungalow roofline, so they looked like a bright fairy house among all the dull ones because it really stood out, it wouldn't have among all the others. Such is life etc. See you later maybe 👋 xx

Bye for now all 😘 xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady🐸

how are you?

I must admit the half the coat buttons done up thing is a bit odd maybe buy a lighter coat so that you’re at least protected against the cold? anyway just a suggestion😀

like you I’m of course very worried about our lovely friend Toni I will send her a message as soon as I finish this one and like you said hopefully symptoms etc will calm down soon🤗

had the self injecting training today after waiting around and so on but it’s good that it’s done

thanks about HV to be honest it’s been a bit of a Vesuvius day today too unfortunately

also I have eaten the wrong things today stomach wise so stomach isn’t feeling too good at the moment

Not really feeling 100% in general today nothing remotely serious of course but throat is still sore and this battle with the heating it’s really something that I find very trying as it were

Okay this message is quite short as I’m still quite tired and have a few other messages to write most likely

Bye toady, you take care on your night walks and remember to wrap up reasonably warm, it’s not not good for you to get too cold xx

Ps found this lady of the lake image just something a bit different xx

• bosh
    edited 5. Jan 2023, 19:13
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you feeling this evening?

I didn’t actually read your message to J, but then I went back and read it

39.3 my goodness that’s high 🤗

feeling shivery is nasty at the best of times, you must be careful to take enough rest

I know your family members will understand

my mum got a text today saying that my sister and Bill are both tested negative for covid today

so there is a lot of relief here of course

i’ve got a feeling you’ll be okay if you rest enough in a few days time 👍

Not too bad at the moment thanks Toni just had squash and plain biscuits because my stomach is not feeling too good today, I probably did have the wrong things got really hungry after the self injecting and waiting around and plus a little walk I also tried to make a soya hot chocolate but it went a bit wrong and I think that upset my stomach really combination of rich lunch and a rogue attempt at healthy hot choc type drink lol, it’s tempting for me to have some milk after exercise whether its a home-made hot choc or home-made chai latte, of course not good for me in the long run may look online see if I can find some decent recipes for the soya version👍

the odd thing with me though is that sometimes soya milk does really upset my stomach but other times it’s fine anyway working that out surpasses my meagre understanding of medical matters so I’ll just try and be a bit more careful which to tell the truth I am most days but we all get tempted now and then by naughty food and drink just ask the green faced witch 🧙

LA actually said that they are some gangsters in his school who are the employees of the green faced witch or something along those lines anyway I think he was trying to scare my mum and trying to say “stay away from my school and my after-school club that’s a place for cool 4 year olds and not cheese sandwich - providing grannies!” lol, oh dear I don’t think Granny would take that attitude from anyone else with the notable exception of little BR but he’s really is as cool as a cucumber I think he is a bit like his Mima, doesn’t really like having massive rows with people unless things get a bit Pompeii-ish lol.

yes the J organiser lady is v glamorous she’ll buy fairly top end jewellery every week, even A*****rise trinkets are often a bit downmarket for her - don’t mention nosegay, just riffraff like you and I buy that stuff apparently lol

a Long time ago I used to go to the same gym as her, she’s one of those workout fiend types and I’ve noticed that after workout she’d go into extremely glamorous jewellery mode no shame in it of course but I would just drink some water poss have a snack and make my way home so I could collapse on the sofa I wasn’t really thinking hmm “how about mascara and diamonds today?” You know What I mean, she’s a nice lady of course, I’m not making fun really just chuckling affectionately at her eccentricity😂

As you say it’s often those chuckles that keep us going 😀

the group was good yesterday thanks, there were A few people there who I don’t normally see so that was good but not too many people so I didn’t feel uncomfortable 👍

Also fortunately for me and it was a day when my stomach was behaving which it isn’t always the case of course but I have the self injecting injecting training today as I said and hopefully things will start getting better for my stomach which will be a great relief because of course no one wants a second stomach ulcer in their life oh no

When I was first diagnosed with the arthritis I used to get so shivery in the nights and my temperature just wouldn’t go down it wasn’t as high as yours but if it was a terrible time anyway I’m sure that you’ll get better soon remember that I know it’s in your nature to help other people but sometimes you have to put yourself first just temporarily my friend 👍

hoping you have a better night tonight and if not remember it won’t last for that long take care of yourself Toni I’ll chat to you tomorrow xx

ps I’m rather tired and I’ve checked this message as much poss given the circumstances umm hopefully I won’t be banned lol

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

how are you and Sue doing today?

yes I do like going going to the club / group sometimes RR says insensitive things but most of the time it’s enjoyable thanks 🙏

I’m tired but not too bad thanks

Mum seems ok today too👍

bye and Tc xx

• toady
    Options

Just a quick goodnight; frog I hope you will have as good a night as possible, everyone else sleep well -

'night bosh, thank you for checking that I wrap up warmly enough 🧥🧣🧤 my last year's/this year's coat is a zip up medium jacket length with a big warm collar so plus scarf I'm always well covered round the neck etc, the only reason for zipping it up partway is if it's cold enough that I don't want it flapping open - otherwise zipping it all the way up is more bulky than I need with a big scarf. I suppose I could have the scarf on the outside actually 🤔 never think about that, I'm used to stuffing it inside my coat. I have a bigger coat too but this one has the nicer collar it's like having something curled up round your neck 😊. Anyway looks like the weather is going to be wet for a while ahead so there will be no going & flitting about for fair-weather toads. I meant to say glad that your cough is going or is only on & off, & didn't do it when you were out yesterday. Well done getting the training appt done 😀 I hope it's a really good thing for you👍️. Have a good night, I will not be late - my afternoon rest was scotched by someone tapping at the door 🙄 I think, sounded a bit like the letterbox but there was nothing there, if it was someone have no idea who. Really puts me on edge 😕. Will call in early to check on frog too and meantime will mix up an array of hot toddies & suitably medicinal drinks 🥃☕️ xx

Love to Kitty and Barbara, and hello to anyone passing, Carol, mig, clonsea, keef and speedalong &c &c hope everyone's New Year is going ok xx

'night all xx

• bosh
    Options

Thanks toady 🐸

v difficult situation at home still mum had wrong meds and blamed me said if she dies from diabetic hypo etc in night it will be my fault

I’m always up relatively early so hopefully T won’t be too bad

witches are knocking on doors / letterboxes etc did warn you lol

but seems these broomstick wielders are happy dancing in forest bye tc xx

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone

That is definitely me!

Morning Joan so far so good. Hoping it stays like this. Banging head high temp sore sinuses and aching hands and back Extremely runny nose. Sense of taste and smell are fine though breathing no worse than normal. Weird. Hope you are both well though? ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi

What great news that your sister and BIL are both negative now. How many days did they have it for? It only feels like maybe 5 or 6?? and the boys didn't catch it really that's great. I am taking high dose vitamin C and D as recommended by one of the Drs in the village. I suppose on the positive side I should have some immunity when I go to Cambodia.

Kari buys chocolate Oatly. She has in warmed up as hot chocolate. It tastes quite reasonable might be worth a try if soya can sometimes upset your stomach.

Woman cannot live on squash and biscuits alone can she? How are you doing with your injections? I hope you feel less queasy on them🤞

Oh dear we must beware of the gangsters😮 sounds quite worrying. Your Mum needs to be careful if she has to pick up any cool 4 year olds. I think BR is very laid back and peace seeking bless him like his Auntie Mima. A quiet life is all you two need.

Oh my goodness J must have some money to waste mustn't she?! Us riff-raff enjoy our cheap jewellery and trinkets quite happily I think. I would never waste money on such items far too sensible. Mainly because I tend to lose one earring quite often or break bracelets etc.... If it makes her happy then good for her and she can afford it. When I used to go to the gym I used to have a shower get dressed and go home for a cuppa!

Laughing is so so so much the best medicine it really is.. Nice there were just the right number of people at the group and new faces to chat to.

I also had temperatures when the arthritis first started and when a flare happens too. It's a clue for the rheumatologists at least to help diagnose us. Not pleasant though is it?

I am behaving I will not leave the house for 5 days or until I test clear I must protect everyone else I promise. You are quite right now is the time to put my feet up.

Morning Toady Yeeeeeesssss! Unbelievable isn't it? This is the woman who always wears a mask in public places too🙄

I am doing ok I have my supplies. Vitamins C and D to aid recovery. Cough mixture which thins mucus (🤢) oxygen sats thingy (going quite low late 80's) but ok I think. Inhaler, paracetamol for headaches and temperature.

Isolated in bedroom which luckily has shower and loo to try to avoid giving it to Paul.

Doing all I can. Might go outside in the garden later, juts the garden though while Paul is at work. Will wrap up warm of course, but I am missing my walks.

How are you doing? Any sign of Mousie🐁 and Mrs B? 🐦️

Right off back to bed avec my coffee. Paul could be up soon and must be avoided at all costs.

Love to everyone

• bosh
    Options

Hi everyone hope you’re all doing ok? Xx

wppl xx

Hi Toni 🌺

nice hair 😂

wppl xx

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) have a good weekend. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) have a good weekend. Your sensible wearing a big coat I have one the same I wear my hat that does up under my chin I feel warm. I hope you can find more taps like the one you want.

Barbara (()) have a good weekend (()) how is Mr B (()) let us know if you have a problem. Love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) that’s one way of making you rest all the worrying and your driving around wore you out (()) take care. Have a good weekend. Love to your friend (()) and Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) when we went to the gym we wanted to get back home. Don’t worry about what your mum said she was worried. You are doing so well. Have a good weekend and your mum (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi again Toni 🌺

how are you?

glad you don’t seem to be any worse 👍

I did try and check all the millions of messages on my phone regarding EF but my neck was getting stiffer just trying so I will say you’re about right around 5 to 6 days sorry I can’t be more precise

it’s instalments today from me I feel

my stomach is not that good even though my cold seems to be better generally speaking so I’m not going out today and I’m living on more than squash and biscuits that was just a snack don’t worry 😂

BR’s birthday today he is two years old wow mummy is making him a dinosaur cake

so happy birthday young BR and I promise I’ll come to visit you as soon as it safe to do so 👍👍

take care yourself bye for now xx