Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• Skinny Keef
    Skinny Keef Member Posts: 1,020
    Options

Hey @frogmorton

well the cutlery drawer is still awaiting repair, it might be toast though so Ikea will need a visit.

• Skinny Keef
    Options

Music keeps me going these days. Without that I don’t think I’d be able to carry on.

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,092
    Options

Hi Keef

Oh dear, still slight improvement is good 👍

I see, I can manage stairs at the moment but my family still sometimes think that my mobility is same as about 3 years ago - oh well

how old is your son, if you don’t mind me asking?

I have 2 nephews a baby and a four year old recently the older one hugged my leg and sat on my foot 😱

but luckily not the “bad” leg (well the “sometimes bad” leg as it were)

I saw the pic that’s great that you’re musical

have a good night Tc xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,148
    Options

Hi all - well it's been dark cold windy and wet, what more is there to say. 🙄

It might be going to stop raining one day frog, but the dullness, well anyone's guess. No use starting any project today it would have been like doing things inside a molehill or in a tunnel. Hope there is light at the end of your tunnel, on all fronts🤞. How is your friend at the moment? Hope all family ok. I have not seen Mrs B, the original (and best), to speak to, today but will keep watching. The 8 legged person had its revenge in that the throw I left pegged to the line was on the wet grass this morning, and I (being lazy) slung it over again to dry off before dragging it in to wash, then looked out later and the weight plus wind had snapped my poor old wooden washing prop. That's what you get for helping 🙄. No other news with me, really - I have £5 off at (2nd largest river) shop, it was on the home page not in the have we got a surprise for you bit, if you have it. Perfect timing for me as I have radiator paint & a couple of odds in my basket. Btw I have selected 'mint cream' for my/our nails, or maybe 'fairy dust' if the mood takes me 😂 but perhaps after I've finished sandpapering things would be best. Sorry about your hair appt 😞 I do hope your test line is going to buck its ideas up very soon (I would be more than sorry for myself at this point!). Love to all and hope Annie & Charley's jobs turn out to be a positive turn of events 👍️.

Hello joan, yes I wondered if Mr B had ideas of having more than one family but I looked it up and they are one of the few monogamous birds apparently 🤔 so it will be one or t'other. The other possibility is that this is not my original Mr B, and he may have brought in his mate - hard to say. I hope they won't think of nesting too soon I need my trees trimmed before they start 😬 but it's so cold that they won't make an early start hopefully. Horrible day today, hope tomorrow may be nicer! Love to both & the dear dogs :) xx

Hi bosh, ooky weather, I'll say it is! Ugh. I go along entirely with your Dino in the sky theory, I think it/they think it's amusing to scupper people's outdoor plans and maroon them among the kale lattes 🍵, it's just too often to be a coincidence. Haven't got anything done hardly today, I really hope it's better for you tomorrow for the group🤞. I'm not sure if I have been sufficiently peculiar today 🤔 but there's still time 😉 you're quite right, most people pretty much are, odd. I mean, 'trouserless tube day' on the underground 😱 yikes, I ask you (a bit of fun is one thing but based on the pictures I saw, erm, not for me ta). No peculiar nosegay customers for me, in fact no customers at all 😂 thankfully no callers either. Funny about your Mephistophelian teacher btw 🧙‍♂️ I had a music teacher that wore one of those billowing teacher's black robe/cape things, whatever they are, so there was definitely something of the bat about him 🦇 maybe he roosted upside down in the sheet music cupboard, who knows. Sorry your knee is not too fab today and hope it's better tomorrow too, and that the ferrous fumigate went down the little red lane as they say and behaved itself when it got there 🙄. Hope your evening is allright and if I go for a walk I know where to come for a toad lifeboat 😀 xx

Hi to keef and sorry about the cutlery drawer (done for, by the sounds of it, like my washing prop 😕). Wow, fab guitars! 😍. Which is the newest? Is that a bird's eye maple veneer on the right.. or walnut maybe 🤔 and (shows ignorance) how do you tune it? They are lovely. Are you self taught btw? Thanks v much for posting 😀. Hope you have had a better day - kettle is on ☕️ :) x

Love to Barbara and Kitty as always 😘 xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

yes ooky weather all round it seems

here in the sunny south though (only joking) forecast is for light rain tomorrow so hopefully I’ll get to the group though of course at the end of the day weather forecasts not always accurate

I actually did write a poem mentioning ooky weather etc but I’ll save it for tomorrow if I remember 👍

im trying to get a reasonably early night

trouserless tube - that does sound pretty worrying

I’ll leave it there for now toady bye Tc xx

ps look what I found online now I just need to find a visual for a toad - lifeboat lol xx

• Skinny Keef
    Options

Hi Bosh, my son is 2. He was a lockdown conception lol. My wife and I had given up hope of having an offspring as we’d been together for 17 years and then he came along. He was born 2 months prem and if it hadn’t been for my medical training I would have lost them both. Fortunately I spotted the signs of high blood pressure and grabbed my friends tester as our house was being renovated at the time in readiness for the new arrival and we were living with friends and her bp was 200/110. So after 24 hours of trying to stabilise her in hospital the doctors said it wasn’t working and he had to come out so it was a quick dash back to the hospital in the fog on my motorcycle as they’d sent me home for the night and he was born by c section at 00:13 hrs on 8 th November. Funny enough my first son was born on 9th November 23 years earlier.

His name is Sucré and he’s the happiest child ever. He’s always smiling and laughing and has slept through the night from 6 months old. He’s normally dressed in some goth outfit or glow in the dark ghost something or other thanks to my wife’s choice of stuff. He sits on my lap at the piano and we play various games or rather he thinks he’s playing a game but really I’m starting him off learning early. He can sing a note a correct pitch and to him it’s all just fun which is what it should be. Then he’ll slam his hands down on as many keys as possible at once and jump off my lap and run off when he’s had enough laughing as he does so. He’s great.

• Skinny Keef
    Options

Hi Toady, the basses are about the same age to me actually. Those two were on my shortlist and I ended up selling some other music stuff I wasn’t using and managed to buy both. The fancy one on the right is a Poplar Burl top over lightweight African mahogany and it is really light which is ideal for me. The tuners are built in to the bridge and it’s a great system despite my scepticism.

I studied music at college when I was a kid and did my grades in theory and practical stuff on trumpet, but every other instrument I’ve learnt I’ve always been self taught. Dad was a pro musician and I got to play in all sorts of bands with him at rehearsals and occasionally at gigs at a very young age. It was great. Sadly it wasn’t until later in life when I’d made a few bad choices I realised what could have been but by then it was too late. I did get a second chance though and made the most of that until the pain started to get in the way. Now I just play at home when I can, which is much better than not playing at all. A decent instrument makes it all the better. I really love music so much.

• Skinny Keef
    Options

Good morning everyone.

Nice cuppa Halloween Tea to start the day. 😁

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    edited 11. Jan 2023, 07:23
    Options

It's still raining! and super windy too!

Morning Joan thank you I am not testing today it's a waste of tests really I'll leave it until tomorrow or Friday now. Apparently they are no longer testing at airports so anyone could have it! I'm glad we've just had it now! Hope you and Sue are both well? ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi how are you doing today? I hope group is a good session for you today and that RR is entertaining, but not offensive to anyone. You are right most people are a bit peculiar 🤔

I am doing ok I think the COVID-gut is settling a bit - phew! Couldn't have got on a plane like that. I am definitely recovering, but can't see any point in wasting tests for a day or so. Maybe tomorrow or Friday. The NHS app has released me today, but i think I should stay inside a few days longer. I might walk in the dark in a bit early when I won't see anyone.

Oh dear me you have to stress your belly for a wee boy's party on Sunday in MH? It will be worth it I'm sure.

As for moving to a cave in the mountain what a great idea! Absolutely all adulks can climb up small people under the age of say 10 can use the cable cars😉

I wonder why BIL has got in in for his Mum. It really is silly because if something happens to her he will really regret it. Also the boys are missing out as well as her. I tell you what I'm sure your own mum didn't deserve to get diabetes, but BIL is actually asking for it he needs to be careful. Eat the apple don't wave it about!

Love the battery birthday present 🤭wouldn't you just love to give that?! Would hate to upset the child though.

Oh Leola!!!!😮 What on earth are you playing at?! A marker pen!😣 Children!

How is your Mum I didn't ask? Is she doing ok today?

Well that is just plain nasty the way your Dad is being I'm so glad your Mum and you are such strong women and have each other. I hope he does whatever he needs to and gets to the Drs in two weeks like he has promised you are so right it will be much easier to cope when you know for sure what is actually wrong with him ((())) for you.

Have a good day if you can and never worry about talking about your problems that what friends are for!((()))

Morning Keef how fabulous are your bass 🎸 !! Thank you so much for posting the photo. I see (I think?) that you have a soundproofed room to play in? Good for you.

If it makes you happy you should absolutely keep going. I read your explanation about them to Toady i am so glad the African mahogany one is lightweight I bet that helps with the Arthritis.

Ikea? Oh dear me. That is one shop which stresses the life out of me. Best of luck with that🤞

Do you still have your motorbike?

I had my eldest Charley 2 and a half months early due to pre-eclampsia too. How wonderful to have a lockdown baby - much better than a lockdown pet which a lot have returned now (grrr!). I'm so glad he is here and well bless his heart I adore his name what a sweetie!

Morning Toady how the diddly are you this very very windy day? I'm jolly well glad I can't have my hair done for my holiday anyway it would just be ruined! (me putting a brave face on it). I am free'd from my COVID restrictions (The App sent me a message today) but since my test was still positive yesterday I will wait a bit longer I think.... I am a bit miserable about it, but will cope.

No sighting of Mrs B? Oh dear me😕 keep your eyes peeled. I hope she is out today. Probably in the nest watching reruns of 'The life of Birds' by David Attenborough?

Oh no. Your line prop is not broken😠 I bet the 8 legged person did put a curse on you and that's the result. No way I'd have brought the throw in until the morning either though to be fair. They are good at hiding those people.

I love the sound of both nail varnishes! Can you crack on with the painting so I can at least have nice nails for my holiday! Even if my hair still looks like

I will see if Amazon have any £5 off vouchers for me - surely their best customer? Or am I next best after you?

My friend is worrying me quite a bit she is refusing to go back to work (possibly ever?) even though she is so good at her job. She isn't sleeping, has lost probably 2 stone, hiding at home and won't ring the Drs. We almost had a text argument yesterday when I said if she didn't get a face to face today I would ring them myself. She is going to ring them today. Fingers crossed.

Let's hope today is brighter if a lot windier. Take care ((()))

Hello to anyone who pops by!

• Skinny Keef
    Options

Morning Frogmorton, no all 3 bikes sold about 18 months ago on doctors orders. 2 were mine and one was my wife’s. Really hard to let them go, we had a lot of good times on them.

🥲

• bosh
    Options

Morning everyone xx

wppl xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,940
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) Have a good day (()) I hope everything is going has well has it can for you. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) how can you tell the difference between the Mr birds. Have a good day.

Barbara (()) how are you and your family doing (()) love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) that’s good your symptoms have gone (()) has your energy come back you need a holiday all you have been through. Love to Paul (()) I hope your friend does ring the Doctor she needs something to help her (()) love to Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) that’s not nice your Dad saying that to your mum she does a lot does she take notice of him (()) have a good day take care

Keef (()) you must be a good musician to play them. I used to play the organ. Yes I’m pleased I found this forum everyone is so kind and helpful. Have a good day

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi Keef

thats a v interesting and moving post about your son😀

how are you feeling today?

I went to this mental health coffee group thing so I’m tired but ok

bye tc x

i enjoy goth images sometimes too

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

how are you this afternoon?

I see you too had a diabolical teacher, that music cupboard sounds scary 😟

I hope he’s not in the airing cupboard too! I’ll check when I next get a clean towel 😂

went to group but now getting tired there was a tiny bit of drizzle but came home just in time it’s raining clocks and cogs now

bfn Tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you?

im ok thanks but just v tired as went to group

RR said once since becoming “vegan who eats cheese” (most ppl call it vegetarian lol) he once grew one ft in 3 months

, he may not have been well then which was sad but it was such a funny comment,

so if I say I’m an omnivore who sometimes drinks soya will I lose 2 stone over the weekend? I’d better ask dr LA and book cable car 😂

bfn Toni really need to rest a bit bye tc xx

• Skinny Keef
    Options

Hey @bosh a little better this morning thank you, back to laying on bed this afternoon waiting for tram to kick in no doubt done too much this morning.

love that pic.

the one i posted is actually my morning tea on the radiator next to my chair at 4am lol.

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

how are you and Sue?

mum sometimes ignores dad but some comments of course hurt her😟

no big arguments today so far tho 👍

im v tired so bye for now xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,148
    Options

Hello all 👋 well it started grim and got steadily grimmer today, very windy indeed frog, hope not causing you or anyone any problems. There was a tiny window of brightness round midday and I got my hair washed, and it didn't even go as horrifically as last time, so I am a slightly less frizzy orangutan myself today 😄. Tiring though! shan't get much else done. Yes the wind would have done for anyone's hairdo today 😕. The painting is 'in hand', just needed to pick up some more masking tape and I will be on it. Hope you keep improving as you are doing and by ekeing out the tests you'll definitely get a good'un next time. How is Paul will he be able to go in to work at all before you go? Hope of course that your friend managed her phone call, & it will be helpful, an awful lot depends on the calibre of her GP of course. How long is it an option for her to not to go into work? hopefully not too short a time. Hope everything else not too bad with you today and sorry no interesting chat but it's a bit 'did some dishes, had a doormat in the post, put the kettle on, er nothing riveting happened'. Must do a grocery shop but when 🤔. See you soon :) xx

Hello joan, yes good question, not easy at all to tell Mr blackbirds apart unless they have a distinguishing feature! Occasionally one will have a loose or ragged feather or something but pretty hard otherwise. I will look at some of my pictures to see if there's anything I can go by. Too horrible today for them, they are staying well roosted into the trees. Have a good evening :) xx

Hi bosh, oh good it didn't rain on you hardly, coming back, well just the odd little cog from a little wristwatch, not the great big grandfather clock cogs 👍️. Really horrid out there now though I don't see me going far. I look forward to the ooky weather poem (assuming it's not work in progress in which case if & whenever). Lovely owl candle, could I light it though 🤔 I have a tortoise somewhere I've never been able to bring myself to watch it melt 😂 silly, I know we are all meant to live in the transient moment & not cling to things, I find it impossible. Hope you have a good rest of week what with a party in the offing 😬 good luck with all of that. The eccentric music teacher was actually fun so he wasn't a scary bat so you will fine should you come across him, the headmaster was the scary miserable one I wouldn't want to run into him in the airing cupboard or in a dark alley or anywhere else 🙄. I will go and fix myself a hot drink now or a nice potion, whichever I have handy in the cupboard 😀 and see you later sometime :) xx

Thanks for the info keef, very interesting about the guitars, I hadn't seen anything like the built-in tuner system (not that I am musical especially unfortunately - I did have slightly musical parents but not in any way that was passed down). Glad music is such a help to you 😀. Btw v typical of me to ask about the guitars rather than your son, non-parental-type priorities I'm afraid 😂 having said that, gosh what a story and what a truly miracle baby! How extremely fortunate indeed that you had the knowhow that you do have, in that situation. So pleased he is a happy healthy little one give or take a little goth paleness haha✌️I love your skulls (wallpaper?) it took me a second but then they snapped into focus. Hope your afternoon has been a little better for a rest - the overdoing it, comes back to bite us all sadly 🙄.

Love to all and have a good evening 😊 xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Everybody a little poetic offering for me😀

Poem for VC called Iron Count Probs and Tea boiled over hobs

Im feeling ooky and quite spooky

i try and hide from the deluge

but I cannot really find refuge

I’m hungry but my ferrous fumigate

is definitely making me hesitate

because tonight no biccies should go with my tea

so I’ll stick with squash while my stomach rumbles oh so merrily

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

im glad that you’re stomach is settling a bit👍

My stomach situation waxes and wanes like the moon I guess lol I mean it comes and goes much like yours is when things are “normal” as it were but of course these horrible iron tablets are making things a bit worse for me in some ways 🤢

I did try telling the fairly new GP that I’ve had these tablets many times before 🤷‍♀️

oh well if stomach pains gets extremely bad of course I may go to the GP surgery armed with a bat in one hand an owl in the other wearing my pointiest witch’s hat which cannot be used as a weapon unless dipped in soya hot choc according to the all knowing toads and LA 😂

I guess today was a bit of a treat day I had the aforementioned soya drink from the shop this time so no chance of me messing it up and that kind of stuff 👍

hope my stomach will be okay tonight but anyway I did what I did

I also felt better for walking

it wasn’t extremely warm at the group when I got there but I was feeling so nauseous as my dad was driving even faster than usual for some reason so I got squash not tea, it’s not a long journey either - much shorter than the trek to MH - he can be really annoying 😡

RR was there today as well as J the organiser, M the lady with diabetes and the fussy lady who has to sit at the end I’ll call her SM - hopefully I’ll remember my own code lol.

I felt sad as M was maybe feeling not quite on a “high” but perhaps not 100% balanced today as she’d bought a lot of expensive clothes, leather jacket etc while I know she’s not that well off at all after divorce and so on, oh well at least she seemed ok otherwise, maybe she’ll feel better next time 👍

my right knee is feeling ever so slightly ooky but in general a lot less pain than yesterday thanks 🙏

When is your trip to Cambodia? sorry I’ve forgotten already

one funny thing to report the queue jumper lady phoned my mum asking if she could borrow a fan because her son from America is coming to visit in June. What?!

I’ll go for now Toni I hope you feel better after a good nights sleep

bye and take care Toni xx

• bosh
    Options

hi toady 🐸

how are you today?

The poem was not unfortunately not all that weather based just a mention at the beginning 😀

i had quite a good day thanks though completely shattered now 💤

Dad is being a bit of a Vesuvius so i’m hiding upstairs now so that’s a good strategy for me 👍

yes the enforced party - eating is a bit of a worry toady you’re right there,

what the family etc don’t seem to realise is that poor little BR is just an innocent easy-going little baby he really couldn’t care less who eats chocolate cake or who’s on the dry toast methotrexate diet as long as everybody has a good time and hopefully doesn’t step on his head😱😱

That naughty big bro LA, I hope his daddy shouted at him about that somebody needs to tbh

I think LA does listen when his father shouts at him but he doesn’t seem to listen to anybody else including his mother oh dear.

sorry I did read what you’d written but I’ve forgotten bits of it now was your day completely murky and dreary? Or were there a few hours of sunlight to at least brighten the atmosphere temporarily?

I walked more than I usually do so I think I’ll stop now before I feel it fall asleep 💤 lol

please save me a potion if you’ve got any spare though lol - maybe selective doc - repellent? 😂

hopefully tonight’s weather won’t be too gloomy although some seem to thrive on it haha

bye for now toady take care good night xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options

Morning Everyone

Looks like Miss Sleek is ready for the weather.

Morning Joan - my energy levels are definitely lower than normal, but I am hoping the holiday will do us both good. On the upside my test line was much fainter so it's going! How are you and Sue? and the carers are they all well? My friend did ring the Drs but all the appointments had gone. She is going to try again this morning. ((())) xxx

Oh @Keef that is just so sad losing your bikes like that😔 I am so sorry for you both. Do you have a car between you though? Or a scooter?

If you have any photos of you on them I think we'd all love to see them. Not if it upsets you to much though.

All those wonderful memories.

This is my car

Bit of a killer at times, but I have a special cushion which helps.

Morning Reshmi that drink still bubbling! I love it!

How are you doing today? Your dad is so mean driving fast (the would have meant lurching and braking I think?) I hope you have recovered now. Squash was very sensible I hope they had some plain biscuits?

LOVED the poem by the way!!!!!!!! Brilliant spot on😊

Ah that is a worry about M having bought so many new and expensive things😕 I hope J will have let her community nurse know so she is not unsupported. You are very empathetic picking up on that.

Imagine RR growing whole foot by going vegan (who eats 🧀). Yes you are an omnivore - one who who eats whatever her stomach will let her ((()))

I always feel better for walking too. It's been horrible being trapped inside with this covid rubbish. How is your knee? Not too ooky today I hope??

Iron tablets are terrible for stomachs Kari is on them too and has the same problem as us. I wish we could 'see' inside them without the aid of colonoscopies! That soya drink hopefully did you more good than harm🤞

Perhaps queue jumper lady is worried that her son is going to bring some excessive heat over from America with him😂 If its a hot summer like last year your Mum will need to hang on to her own fan she'll maybe need it herself. Cheeky lady she is that QJL!

We go on Sunday but I'll be in touch never fear.

Hope today is a good one for you.

Morning Toady how are you today?

My test is fainter!!!! definitely fainter! I am so 😊

Well done for getting your hair washed mine needs doing again soon, but the hairdresser is trying to fit me in on saturday if I get a negative test result🤞 Isn't she lovely? Not to orangutany is good🤗

Weatherwise I suspect today will be more of the same rain wind and if we are lucky some limited sunshine too.

My friend failed to get an apt they had all gone and the stupid stupid receptionist suggest the HRT clinic🙄 honestly receptionists ought to be medical professionals if they are triaging don't you think? My friend is in real trouble and it's not the bloomin change although that won't be helping. She will try again this morning so fingers crossed 🤞

Oh Paul is fine now no line at all! Some people eh?!😠 so he can go to work whenever he likes - on the upside though he can pick up anything we need too to be fair. So not too jealous.

My day was a bit like yours not much happened although i did start the packing. and felt sad for Sleek😓

I hope Mrs B (Mr and his floozy) and Mousie(s) are all well and coping with this stupid weather.

Take care

Love to all AWOL friends and any new visitors😊

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,940
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I hope the weather is not too bad there have a good day. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) yes I would think all blackbird’s look the same very difficult. Have a good day. I read some people are still waiting for their Christmas present’s because of the strikes.

Barbara (()) go careful if you are going out. Love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (())yes thank you we are well and the carers are good they are always happy. How are you feeling you must be so pleased the line is fading you need your holiday (()) The receptionist did get Your friend wrong or she was not listening good luck today. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) that’s good you went to your club you are doing well. Love to your mum how is she (())

Keef (()) I missed the bit about your son. Have a good day.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

good morning

how are you today?

yes letting things go is difficult I know what you mean, also objects are just that in some ways, but sometimes they remind us of happier times, at least I sometimes think so, is that the feeling that you sometimes have too?

im not bad thanks the right knee is just slightly ooky so I’m not walking today just to rest it 😀

instalment messages today I feel

how was your night?

too ooky to sleep much?

bye for now tc xx

ps another squash -related pic lol xx

hi Keef how are you?

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you?

my right knee is feeling v slightly ooky