Options

Hi everyone xx

wppl xx

ps I’m trying a new look lol

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,940
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) have a good day. How is your eye now. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) have you seen your neighbour. I hope the don’t have a cat or dog. Have a good day.

Barbara (()) have a good day I hope everyone is well there. Love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) where you are going on holiday is it nice and warm there for you. Are you feeling a bit better. Have a good day (()) How is your friend (()) love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) I hope you have a good day and your mum (()) how is your tummy to day.

take care
    joan xx
  • Skinny Keef
    Skinny Keef Member Posts: 1,022
    Options

Morning all and @frogmorton

not a good day today. Too much pain to even go down to library in my wheelchair with my little boy for rhyme and rhythm. I so enjoy wheels on the bus too. So mum and son gone without me. I was up at 4 am as well although I did get an hours bass practice in before going back to bed.

Not sure what the mouse pictures are all about but this little chap came to visit one evening last year and I heard him munching through some crisps whilst I was reading in the lounge. A thorough clean up followed, and his door was filled with foam, he escaped unharmed.

• Skinny Keef
    Options

I think this forum probably saved my life. I always look on here when I feel miserable due to pain. 🥲

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,094
    Options

Quick hi to @Keef and Toni

just wanted to say could we maybe have a limited number of mice on here please? Just find it somewhat horrible no offence 😀

thanks 🙏

wppl Toni xx

• Skinny Keef
    Options

Sorry @bosh

I didn’t even think it might offend some.

was just trying to add to the theme lol.

• bosh
    Options

No worries @Keef

• bosh
    Options

Tony

how are you feeling today? I am okay thanks but rather sleepy after my shower so bear with me please

I see so full - on runs sounds like when I had stomach flu perhaps oh dear sounds very nasty hope it doesn’t last long 🤗

BR is def a little cutie who can bewitch people

All is okay thanks in the family and EF

Bill made a video of EF eating desserts when they went out to eat again at an Indian restaurant somewhere but the thing is he’s become such an expert filmmaker that he very cleverly edited out all the bits which featured him eating desserts and knowing him it was more than one sweet course most likely more than three 😂

He believes that if there is no on-screen evidence as it were that means it didn’t happen but the mother in laws and sister in laws are somewhat wiser than that 🦉

oh dear

this message was completely from memory well from such memory as I have at the present moment haha so sorry if I’ve missed out on a lot of things basically had a walk and a shower and i need to rest as soon as I possibly can

hope you didn’t mind about the mice - thing, of course it’s completely up to you and @Keef

I’m not the boss or anything like that just would be nice because I fear certain rodents like you may fear weeping angels

bye for now Toni may write again later take care x

ps this is why I never drink coffee lol xx

pps I thought I’d posted this message earlier but I was so tired I forgot to press the blue button lol

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

how are you today?

you don’t do gardening or walk in purple platforms good to know me neither

I managed to book a hair appointment for 20 January which was quite good really as hairdressers seem quite popular atm for some reason I thought I’d have to use a different HD at one point but they’d really put their prices up so unless I become a courier for the dark side it would be a bit over my budget 😂

i saw on the Internet that tomorrow is National peculiar people’s day!

how very appropriate lol

i didn’t know Toni you and I had a day haha

how was the 9 pm walk?

bye for now toady Tc xx

ps please delete appropriate image below I wouldn’t want LA to known my true identity! ( or the bank - only joking)

second pic is a hairstyle I will not be requesting from the HD lol, unless he’s had some diabolical training too 😱 xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

how are you and Sue doing today?

im not too bad today thanks 👍

my stomach seems to have settled

mums ok too thanks

i hope you both have a nice afternoon

bye tc xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,149
    edited 9. Jan 2023, 17:31
    Options

Hi all 😊

Sorry about the 'excess mice' bosh (and cafe), my fault for setting the topic off 😳 I do know some people aren't keen and I probably will have known that includes you too, so apologies. I would be the first one to say something if it was spiders* so same thing goes. Do say if you would rather I didn't mention at all because that's fine, or if it's mainly pics. *Talking of which I did not expect to start my spooky walk yesterday by encountering one on the landing on my way out 😱 I had to make a v complicated exit strategy for it including making an origami bundle of the throw it was sitting on, put that in a box, take it outside and unfold it onto the washing line, & check by torchlight that it made its way out. Yikes. It was a false widow type too so happier not to have it in the house still (I hope!). That was not the sort of spooky I like.

Hello frog and hope your symptoms are declining all the while, and that Paul is ok, and neither of which bothering is you too much 😉 hope he is not getting behind while out of things as that will be annoying for him too. Have observed Mrs B today in the garden, being very inscrutable whilst Mr B chased the other female along the fence 🤨 oh dear I do hope she is not the wronged woman here and if so that at least the new pair, if they are a pair, don't bully her. Must keep a close eye. I am at near cold frame assembly point I will update the minute it is up 😀. It has been pleasantish on & off today so you will be pawing the ground to get out; soon I'm sure 👍️. How is Annie now? No other news from me, have done a bit more painting & decorating, so that I can 'enjoy' tidying out kitchen cupboards etc without casting a fishy eye at the actual decor. When I tidy out my bathroom/bedroom stuff too I will sort out my nail polish, some no doubt going sticky, and select something we would mutually like; sorry about your nails that is not nice 😔 are they ok as long as you treat them well or would they do it at other times/circumstances? Have a good evening I hope and if you did a test am hoping for a palest of pale line🤞:) xx

Hello Joan, I don't know who the new neighbour/s will be yet, the house has not been on the market I'm not sure if it will be or if they are doing something about it within the family 🤔. If it doesn't bark too much they are welcome to a dog it might deter the cats! and I would like a friendly dog to say hello to, no-one I know has one now. Have a good day it feels like Tuesday to me 🤨 I hope I am not forgetting anything. Are you having any new glasses or was it just an optician's check up. Love to both :) xx

Hi again bosh, hope things going ok with you today 👍️. Cool / surreal pics with the telephones, and if only we could slip in a good old cassette and reset a few things 😄 I could download all the lists of things I forget as well as some tunes. I've never got on with the tune dispensing place you speak of, it's a long time since I even used it, not since my old PC I think. Yes I will have to do something different about the emails, I am stuck just deleting them at the moment they aren't anything too bad just endless ones of the stupid do this to regrow your teeth/lose weight/stop your hair thinning nonsense, I just don't really want to see them in my inbox every day & they are probably from constantly changing addresses. I just would rather not lose that handy address but it may be the only thing 😕. Sorry yes I realize you weren't starting a censorship rights/wrongs topic I just wandered off onto the subject myself, as a side issue. I probably don't know how accurate the ratings system is these days, only that I'm sure there are quite low rated things that I'd give a miss let alone 18s etc. I listen to the radio anyway much more than I watch anything these days but even then I'm quite careful. Have a good evening hope everyone ok 👋 xx edit: oh gosh now I've missed your post while typing too, gah. Glad you got a HD appt without quite having to sell your soul for it 😂 hope you get away with only the minimum advice and hairconditioning homework this time 👍️. I wish I had known about peculiar people day sooner, I could have made some more thorough plans but I will do my best not to let the side down tomorrow 😀. Bfn (again) xx

Hello @Keef sorry I didn't see your post last night, even if I refresh before posting sometimes things still don't show up 🤔. Sorry also to hear your pain levels are quite nasty at the moment and you have the painkilling dilemma. For some of us the wheels have come off the bus instead of going round & round, haven't they, most unfair 😔. Trampolining? nice idea but not with my knees 😄. I tell you what did come to mind, that I have never been on a tram! I do wish I had, I can't quite imagine I will get the chance now. Sorry I led you into the paths of mouse-posting 😬, but I love your little chap & thank you for seeing him safely to pastures new. I have a little garden family as you probably have read which is a part of the reason for the ongoing attempts at cat discouragement. Glad to hear you are finding the forum to be a help 😀 do hope things settle a little for you (and would be interested to hear more about the bass playing sometime). All the best :) x

Love to everyone, & absentees, take care all 😘 xx

• Skinny Keef
    Options

Well as chief cook here I’ve just lost it in the kitchen due to being completely pained out and smashed the cutlery draw into about five pieces. Not a good day!!!!

• Skinny Keef
    Options

@toady

i would love to tell you all about my music and bass playing. I’ll post some pics of my new 6 string bass tomorrow.

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

thanks about mice, it’s just the pics that are a bit ooky for me tbh, but feel free to talk about mice all you like 😀

radio can be soothing I agree

and music in general

Yes thank goodness I didn’t have to sell my soul on nosegay to a buyer with an extensive criminal record to finance my haircut 😂

I remember studying dr F at school and the English teacher himself looked quite creepy

Second pic reminds me of him somehow my friend and I used to call him Mephistopheles in private lol

have a good night toady, remember to place your soul v carefully in the safe before attempting sleep it’s ok only I know the combination, well me, some mystery callers, conditioner salesmen…ok maybe get a new safe . Bye Tc xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options

erm is this rain going to stop anytime soon?

Morning Joan how are you this morning? I hope not in too much pain. My test this morning was still positive so can't see me getting to the hairdressers now before my holiday so annoying. We are going to Cambodia on a river cruise. Very tropical. Paul has always wanted to go so I hope we are well enough. Take care love to you both ((())) xxx

Morning @Keef I am so sorry you had such a rubbish day yesterday🙄and the cutlery drawer did not survive😕BUT it probably deserved it. I hope the weapon used to batter the drawer was not your bass? A picture of your new 6 stringed one today sounds great😊

Well done rescuing your mouse and preventing any more moving in. I promise to only post cartoon ones now. I do understand Bosh's issue i am the same if i see a pic of an 8 legged person they certainly terrify me. Hoping today is a better day for you.

Morning Reshmi. How are you today? I promise not to post any mice pics I am the same with 8 legged creatures oh gosh yes they make me shriek and panic so I get it. So sorry.

All is well here still testing positive so my hair appointment pre holiday is looking very unlikely 😕I will need a packet of your hair grips instead. In fact between you and me I am sick of this COVID malarkey (very grateful I got it now that it's milder of course and not 3 years ago), but I am heartily sick of it and thinking about it and the runs too. Sorry feeling sorry for myself now aren't I?

Right stop it now Toni straight away! Ok normal service restored.

BIL's video sounds very entertaining albeit strategically edited to make himself look as though he eats next to nothing! I think his waistline indicates something else though😁and his MIL and SIL are much wiser than he thinks.....How lovely seeing them all enjoying themselves though😊

I can't believe I missed our special day yesterday 😂how brilliant is that?

Well done getting your walk in yesterday did you manage to dodge the showers? Today it's chucking it down again here🙄

Have a good day it will soon be another group day for you the days are flying past aren't they? Reshmi I loved the evil coffee pic! Well done getting your hair booked in.

Morning Toady how awful. What a scary time you had with the 8 legged person in your house and having to get her outside (alive and safe, but outside)in the dark.

I bet your heart rate was up. I am most sorry I posted a pic of a mousie in a flamenco outfit it was me I always take things too far don't I? That's what my Mum used to say. I wouldn't want to upset Bosh for anything.

Oh yes Paul is being most annoying! Bless him.What can you do with him? He is bored and ran out of the work he had to do by lunchtime. I can't stand the TV on in the daytime and he puts it on 😠Feeds Sleek treats all day etc etc. My COVID symptoms are definitely diminishing nicely, but not the test results....still positive. Mind you according to the NHS app my COVID counter allows me out tomorrow whatever! I shall remain in until I get a clear result. Today's was darker than yesterday!

Oh no Mrs B😣 is Mr B being unfaithful? I am hoping not and she doesn't become the outcast😕 this cannot be or you will have an even more stressful year to come. I am pawing the ground to get out feeling most frustrated indeed. Will just have to suck it up and be grateful, as I said to Bosh, that it wasn't 3 years ago. Things could be far worse.

I can't wait to see/hear about the cold-frame assembly 😊 and well done painting so that you can 'enjoy' cleaning out your cupboards. I would do that too if I was alone - oh how I yearn to be alone😉just for a day that's all! Not forever of course. I quite like Paul really!

My nails cope more or less if I avoid nail varnish sadly although one is trying to fall right of ATM. Yes please do paint your nails for us both! I like most colours greens and blue sound lovely.

Annie is doing fine now although she is applying for jobs as she felt work were not supportive as did Charley. they both work for the same company Charley has already been offered another job.

Well better get something done hadn't I? You have a good day 😊

love to everyone who pops by ((()))

• bosh
    Options

Hi everyone xx

wppl xx

ps Leola’s makeup tutorial available on Rubic’s Cube 😱

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,940
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I hope everything is going alright for you. Have a good day. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) the optician’s was just a check up. So Mr B has more than one wife so you might see some little baby’s soon. Have a good day

Barbara (()) I hope everything is going has well has it can for you (()) love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) I hope you beginning to feel a bit better would you have to have a test at the airport. Good luck to Charley (()) and Annie (()) getting another job they are good workers. Love to Paul (()) and your friend (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day love to your mum (()) take care

take care
    joan xx
  • Skinny Keef
    Options

Well, she definitely got the under eye look symmetrical.

bless.

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

how are you today?

bit of an ooky Weather situation again over here at least

funny how it’s always the days I most feel like walking when the big Dino up there in the sky (or whatever you may choose / not choose to believe in - just trying to be as PC as poss lol) says “just forget about that idea MIma, you’ll get blown away in the wind and have to go and reside in Slough with all that kale, no more cabbages apparently Slough is moving with the times lol, not a cup of tea to be found in the place, just kale lattes, accompanied by spinach and buttercream pasties, eye of newt vol au vents too if the green- faced witch is visiting apparently 😂”, also big Dino told me that if walked in all that rain, all the toads in the vicinity may treat my outer hat as a giant lifeboat and indeed decide to inhabit both my hats so I would have to roam around sans chapeau -my goodness what would JA say? Oh no I can’t risk that complete affront to ladylike behaviour haha .

im ok today thanks other than having to stay indoors of course

hows your day going?

any more difficult nosegay customer or mystery callers?

I’ll go for toady bye Tc xx

ps my new hat lol xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you feeling today?

Thanks about the mice thing it’s ok no need to be sorry you didn’t know 😀

That’s a pity about hair appointment

family and EF are ok thanks

yes glad they’re having fun way too many videos though maybe I should get a rotary phone and go an live in a cave or at least somewhere “off the grid” my last text to bill will say, “if you want to visit you’d better get training mountains don’t climb themselves you know, cable cars are only for the resident plus 2 tiny family members lol 👶👶

I’ll go for now Toni as I’m sending this from downstairs where light is too bright and table is wrong so not comfortable basically

I also need to have the ferrous fumigate soon 🤢

how is your stomach today?

Yes group tomorrow will be nice 👍

BR’s late birthday celebration approaching - well second one - on Sun in MH - oh dear bread water and tears for me quite possibly- am trying not to think about

Bye for now Toni Tc xx

ps practical gift lol xx

• bosh
    Options

hi Joan

how are you and Sue doing today?

mum and I are not too bad thank you👍

i’m going to the group tomorrow if the weather is okay

I hope you’re both having a nice afternoon

bye take care xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you feeling now?

as far as I remember Peculiar People Day is today lol

now I think of it I’m not sure that I know many people who are not peculiar haha

yes bill is eating his Excess Desserts 🍨

with much enthusiasm even though it’s not on Catnap as they say in rhyming slang lol

i dread to think when he last ate a salad 🥗😱

oh dear

of course a lot of people like sweet things, I’m def one of them but he really should ration them a bit like most of us do, hmm not so good, I remember last time I visited the MH mansion, he ate an apple in front of my mum just to pretend that he’s eating fruit all the time lol😂

I almost said “no one believes this and I’m definitely not putting this rubbish on catnap lol, you can think again”

he’s still having some massive feud with his mum, I don’t know the details admittedly, but it seems cruel to me, she phones my mother to ask how he is health - wise etc, I don’t think he even told her when he had Covid, she seems to be a very gentle kind type of lady and she gets lonely like anyone else but can’t even talk to her son or even ask about her grandkids.

Pauls getting bored and feeding Sleek too many treats is he? Oh dear, sometimes my dad does something similar lol, he found a raw date and nut bar and shoved it under my nose when my stomach was really hurting😡

The difference is of course that my dad is like this all the time

he’s saying again that he’ll see the doc, he has to sort some other things out first, in about 2 weeks time, I hope that really happens.

It’s hard for mum and i to help him when we don’t know what we’re dealing with, I would say that in the past he could be cruel but deep down he wasn’t even though it took me a long time to understand that, but now he’s being cruel almost all the time and it’s like a character change, he’ll put a can of Coke in front of my mum for example and say “drink it, it may kill you” things like that, my mums mind is so strong she doesn’t give into sugar temptations and goading like this, but this isn’t right, it’s like he’s become someone else, anyway I hope solution can be found.

sorry I’ve talked too much about my own problems, feel free to skim this message, lol, I know your tired.

ok I’ll go for now Toni you tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi @Keef

sorry your pain was so bad yesterday 🤗

my left knee isn’t quite as good as it normally is today what’s not good for it is me having to up and down stairs helping family members 😡

anyway I’ll prob be better tomorrow when weather calms down a bit

tc xx

• Skinny Keef
    Options

Hi @bosh

i’m very slightly better today thank you.

stairs are not good. I no longer carry my son up or down through fear of falling.

will get those bass photos up in a bit once he’s off to bed.