Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options

Morning! 7am here

Joan yes thry speak beautiful English here but they don't like the Americans. They like us though and they are all so friendly. Love to you and Sue ((())) xxx

Reshmi I Hooe thr bloods went OK and you are well?

Your Mum too and all EF.

How sweet BR playing with your necklace I bet you felt really 😍

That envelope pic is just gorgeous erm I hope the lady with the bouffant wasn't you? Its not time for the hairdressers yet surely🤭🤭🤭

Toady it was Temples!

That one was apparently in tomb raider the film.

UNesco are preserving them now.

Fed one legged bird again yesterday. She is clearly part of a couple so no prejudice in that relationship 👍

Today we are staying at the hotel quietly both tired. Going to just take a tuk tuk into town for lunch maybe.

The Cambodian people are soooo lovely.

Hooe your day is much better organised today 🤞

Take care all

Wish you were here!

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) keep warm I hope everything is going okay. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) yes we have some snow. I heard on the radio a man ordered a cold frame and was sent dog food. Have a good day.

Barbara (()) go careful today. Love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) that’s nice that everyone is friendly. I said to Toady about a man ordered a cold frame and he was sent dog food. What does Paul (()) think of Cambodia. Love to your friend (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (())

Reshmi (()) that’s good you had the blood test. Is your tummy still alright. Love to your mum (()) is she ok.

Keef (()) I hope everything is alright there. Have a good day

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,059
    Options

Hi everyone xx

hope you’re all doing ok?

wppl xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you?

im glad you’re having a nice time👍

beautiful pic of the temple thanks

im ok thanks one or two ooky pains but nothing to worry about 👍

my mums got diabetes appointment today so she’s nervous angry and stressed - bless her, I hope it goes ok

but it’s not a morning appointment so at least no frost to deal with👍

one of the pains is dad - related as when he does Zoom gym class he occupies the whole of downstairs excluding kitchen 😡

so I was bending with ipad and v tiny table space in general trying to organise a takeaway he’s so selfish he only uses one room but he bans us from the lounge, the big table this and that , once he said we shouldn’t drink water from kitchen tap at this time because it’s noisy (I’ve no idea what that means) but my mum put her foot down at that point.

the “bad” leg is slightly ooky but only if I bend it when lying down sometimes it’s not constant

just these ooky temperatures really, I’m sure it’s the same for a lot of us

toady’s right good time for a holiday!

what sort of temperature is it in Cambodia?

That was v cute when BR played with my necklace yes

no haircuts not yet

good that you’re resting today

rest of family and EF are ok thanks

Raiders of the lost Ark that’s interesting I remember my dad saw those films thousands of times lol

LA has completely banned granny and mima from his after school club

one factor was poor general knowledge - witches never eat cereal not even porridge 🥣

Oh dear, so no slow release potion- brewing energy for them then 😱

secondly we seem to have quite an Edwardian sense of etiquette- it’s quite acceptable to call your baby bro “yucky nose” and a few other words too rude for this site 🙈

LA has discovered we have secretly put young Leola on the taxi drivers’ payroll for holidays and birthdays - also known as birthday - cake guzzling days 😂

rumour has it LA has been chatting (or should I say flirting? 😂) with Manon outside the nursery gates lol, my goodness will that young man stop at nothing to get free cake? 🎂

only joking of course

hope you’re having a good night

(Ive just looked up your local time)

bye for now Toni Tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

how are you today?

yes this ooky weather is indeed continuing isn’t it? 🥶

has your roof been properly fixed now? Or are you still waiting for the workmen?

my leg is okay most of the time thanks toady it’s just these nasty temperatures I think

Tends to happen when I’m sleeping or resting in bed so okay when walking etc 👍

Mum had diabetes appointment today, doc has lowered her nighttime insulin dose so her hypos should be reduced now I’m really praying that that’s the case

i almost made myself a hot choc too today but after blood test yesterday I made a ct latte and my gums did feel slightly ooky ( I know I can’t stop saying that word, I blame your good self lol) so I refrained from sweet milky drinks today, no need for me to issue invitations to vampire nurses 🧛‍♀️or dentists lol.

everyone here and in EF are ok thanks 🙏

My mum says that LA pronounces Slough as “slug” bless him

he had two birthday banquets on Sunday, too many ladies too many birthday cakes no wonder BR kicks him from time to time haha.

have a good night toady Tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

how are you and Sue doing today?

Thanks about my stomach

im ok generally thanks 🙏

mum saw doc today about diabetes the doc reduced her insulin I’m hoping it helps her feel better in the night

i hope you both are having a nice evening

bye tc xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,134
    edited 18. Jan 2023, 19:30
    Options

Hello all :) thanks to bosh for the pointer as to what time it is where frog is so I won't wish the wrong sort of good morning/night, I could of course have looked it up myself 😬.

Lovely to see you frog and super picture, age-old stone and wood and vegetation, all things after our own heart not a gravelboard or bit of astroturf in sight 😄 seriously how lovely that is, so good that you made it out there despite life trying to get in your way, and are having a relaxing time 😊. Glad everyone is so nice. Oh how gratifying that mrs one legged has a mate 😍🐦️ what are they, do you know or can find out? You mentioned no cats, is there no stray problem there then, that would be good. Have been doing things in the utility room today, ever since I started painting everything else is plucking at my attention, you know how it is. Everything cold and uninviting in the garden but at least it was bright earlier. Hope you've had a nice day, will pop in a bit earlier tomorrow if that means catching you at a daytime type time. Love to all :) xx

Hello joan, snow, gosh, really? well I'm not surprised I suppose but none here, but it shows it can't be far away from those temperatures. Certainly very frosty again this a.m. but it has been bright for a bit. I have nearly finished my cold frame - I would not have been impressed with some dog food instead 😮 mind you if that means there was a dog somewhere getting a cold frame, they would have been even less happy 😄. An indoors person-sized cold frame to get in, that's what I need 😀. Have a good day hope you don't have to go anywhere tomorrow, & that it doesn't hang around long. xx

(checks for a post from bosh) hello! 😊 got it right this time. Glad to hear your mum has had her insulin adjusted and that would be brilliant if it helps👍️. As you say good she didn't have to go too early, not nice out there again today, ooky and no mistake (you can't overuse ooky, I find 😉 I even use it as a noun ie 'I've got the ooks today' if things are a bit unsettling or there's an ooky atmosphere 😱). I haven't been out, but I have done a bit more - I put up a roller blind that's been here since forever waiting for me to do it, I can't say I enjoyed it but I like it now it's up. And only one scratched knuckle and stabbed myself once with the awl, that's not bad going for me 😂. Sorry you were relegated to a few square inches of table space 😕 perhaps someone would like to declare 'downstairs' an independent state, and as for running the tap, what were you thinking 🤨🙄. Glad to hear amusing tales of the littleys though, they are more sensible than the adulks even if they are rather jammy and lead charmed lives of cake & lady admirers 😂. Slug, well that's perfect for the Slough cabbages isn't it 😄. Have a good evening :) xx sorry meant to say thanks about the roof, I haven't heard but probably he is waiting for me to pipe up now & fix something up, so really it's a matter of finding a good time when I feel I can deal with it 🤔.

Waves madly to Barbara if still online 😘 xx

and to everyone xx

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Hello all..I do try and read bits but it's getting harder..I really muss talking to you all

Just seen Toni us iCambodia you enjoyxx

Joan all is well here thankyou xx

Reshmi love to all of you xx

Toady my BBs have been feeding well tiday in rhe sun..I shout of them and they appear xx

Hi to Keef xx

So much ro say but can't

Love to all xxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • bosh
    Options

Hi Barbara

it so nice to hear from you 👍

sorry your eyes are getting worse

you keep warm and take care bye x

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady

so there are variations of ooky- that’s good to know lol

i see about the roof, oh dear I hope it gets sorted out soon

thats ok about frog time as it were lol

yes the tiny ones indeed do have charmed lives don’t they? Lol

Slug and cabbages 🥬!

my brain had almost made that connection, I was thinking of the bar / restaurant type place called Slug & Lettuce, something salad - related but toady’s sharp brain got there before me 👍

I felt rather ooky today too, even after coconut water went to sleep in fact am almost asleep again now lol💤

I hope you have a good night toady bye Tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

i wanted to find something cabbage- related, this is the best I could find lol

seems like cabbages may be all - knowing,

the question remains does the green -faced witch eat these veggies in the morning? Lol

bye Tc xx

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning Everyone!

Snow at home Joan. Tia sent me a photo.hope you two are OK and being extra careful.

Reshmi you still have one or two ooky aches😒 I Hope they ease as the day goes on. Can't imagine being squashed up while your Dad does his class helps. Imagine him trying to ban you all from water!!!! Go Mum refusing.

I hope her apt went OK?

You are banned from the aftershock club? Oh dear me... maybe Leola will let you I'm and perhaps share her cake????

Toady

Didn't see my bird yesterday but lots of butterflies instead. Was a gorgeous day.

Nature is just wonderful ❤️

None of the waitresses here have ever seen snow!

Hope you and your wildlife are all OK?

No cats I hope yhey just neuter and return not culling😒

Off today to join thr boat!

• bosh
    edited 19. Jan 2023, 09:27
    Options

Hi everyone xx

wppl xx

ps Vesuvius roses lol xx

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I hope you are alright there no snow. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) that’s good you never had the dog food. Our snow has gone now but it’s still a bit slippy. I hope you don’t have any problems with the post today. Have a good day.

Barbara (()) Thank you for coming on here yesterday it was nice to see you. Sorry about your eyes (()) love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) where are you going to day. Have a lovely time. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and your friend (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) good luck for your mums appointment (()) How is your tummy feeling today. Have a good day.

Keef (()) have a good day

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

how are you both doing today?

Thanks about my mum doc reduced her insulin dose a bit so hopefully she’ll feel less ill in the night in the long run 👍

my day was ok thanks I went for a nice walk

my stomach is ok at the moment thank you

I hope you both have a good evening and night bye tc xxh

• bosh
    edited 19. Jan 2023, 18:40
    Options

hi Toni 🌺

how are you?

I hope you had a nice time on the boat and that you didn’t feel didn’t suffer from too much motion sickness?

Yes Dad has really become quite a character to put it politely ha ha

i’m okay thanks but a bit tired really I went for a walk though which was good 👍

Yes Doc has reduced my mum‘s insulin dose slightly so she should feel better in the night in the long run thanks for asking 🙏

I think your predictive text has made a funny mistake instead of after -school club it said after-shock club lol

I prefer that name for it 😂

yes Leola may let us in if we are good 😂

i’ve been eating so much cake recently Toni it’s really not good but then a large part of the blame the lies with sis who forced us to take home a mountain of chocolate cake 😡

my mum told me today that once a long time ago the queue jumpers husband phoned her at six in the morning as she was just getting up preparing to go to work etc asking why she had given his kids kidney beans at some communal event because now they’ve got stomachache, firstly it wasn’t my mum who committed the kidney beans offence (if it really was an offence lol) secondly six in the morning ??, thirdly why couldn’t he just try to control his own kids or even ask the goddess they call queue jumper lady to do it? - I would’ve blacklisted his number there and then lol.

everyone is fine generally speaking thanks Toni I won’t go into more detail now as a bit busy hope you’re having a nice night bye and take care xx

ps found strange elephant pic online lol, maybe his knees needed a break? Or maybe he’s on his was to see elephant trunk lady baby, who knows? lol xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

are you this evening/ night?

sorry about your scratched knuckle etc hope you’re ok now?

im pretty tired really but otherwise ok thanks 👍

Yes those littleys live great lives their only concern is whether to go for chocolate cake or sponge or in LA’s case probably the whole bakery lol

he’s going to the scary girl’s party soon apparently so does that mean there’ll be a scary green slimy blancmange with a green - faced witch inside it? I sincerely hope not haha, best to bring little bro along to kick the crone’s legs lol.

I ate a kiddies’ size choc piece today I behaved myself lol

Costa has become unusually “bloated” btw lol, it usually only happens around Christmas time I think, it must have those covens comprising of RR’s sis and her pals swigging pints of hot chocolate laced with eye of newt on a daily basis lol, it’s not a place for mere mortals anymore or even auntie goddess Mimas 😂 .

It’s a bit less colder here today hope it was the same for you?

have a good night toady bye Tc xx

ps I know it’s not daytime of course but thought this pic might be appropriate lol xx

• toady
    Options

Hi all 😊 I called in earlier and then having done my sums properly realized I was still too late to get in before frog's bedtime 😳 so if I am up late as I often am I will come in and post a good morning instead 😀. Glad to hear all's well and you have been sailing ⛵️ slightly bigger scale than this I expect. Everyone is keeping you posted from over here re the snow &c, lucky old waitresses never seeing any snow they can have mine ☃️ no doubt they'd quite like a white christmas, people want what they haven't got don't they. Hope it's just right for you not too hot. Would you believe my US parcel got there in 48 hours! the same time the one RM took to the nosegay uk shipping centre before setting off to a different destination. Amazing. V quiet here today, Mrs B seems to be keeping her chin/beak up, at any rate. Everything still icy though. Have a good night and a lovely day tomorrow and I may see you later 👋 :) xx

Hello joan, I just had some normal post today, 2 little things that I was pleased with 😊. I am also still buying old picture postcards off the internet I had some nice ones yesterday, 4 from the same person writing home from work in London in the 30s with various little instructions about when they would be back on the train and could mother buy some socks please 😊. Hope it will 'thaw' a little soon for you, slippy is worse than snow isn't it there are hilly roads here I would never go up when there's even a sniff of ice around 😬. Have a good Friday :) xx

Hi bosh, I'm ok this evening thanks 👍️ yes it was a teeny tiny bit less cold I think. I have still not been out in it though not for proper walking etc must do soon/tomorrow/weekend or something. Glad your walk was a nice one 😀. My knuckle is fine can hardly see it today. You did well to have only a little choc piece, you can't really count the cake if it was sort of foisted upon you all , can you. Scary girl's party you say, yikes, obviously not so scary that LA will send hi RSVP back turning it down, such is the irrestible lure of party food 😂 look forward to tales of the event. Thinking about Costa's I actually haven't been in one, only where they are part of something else like at a hospital! which isn't exactly one's idea of a nice venue for elevenses 😂. I used to go to a cafe claudius, insert correct emperor here, which was ok but I haven't been since the covid. So I don't really know what a Costa is like 🤔. I glanced at the sign on that double decker bus that 'jumbo' is getting aboard and thought 'sleep tight wake right' was bound to be for milky drinks but no, clock radios! Ooh no ta. Have a good night yourself & glad everyone's alright at the moment 👋 :) xx btw I really love the cabbage postcard 😍 I was saying to Joan about buying old picture cards off nosegay they are so cool but once you look you could just keep buying, there are so many good ones. ✉️

Love to all and see you soon 😘 xx

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning Everyone

Loved yhe vesuvius roses Reshmi! Much nicer than DV or HV! Especially DV or DS (downstairs stealing!!)

I am fine on thr river boat as long as I feel the way we are going. Not always on the sea with waves. I am sure you understand.

How rude was queue jumpers husband! I would also have blocked his number. Kidney beans are good for us anyway. Your Mum is too nice for her own good. I hope she feels better in the reduced dose of insulin fingers crossed.

Talking of autocorrect it just changed fingers crossed to gingers crossed!

Joan today we will be going to a temple this afternoon at Wat Nokor.

How are you and Sue? OK I very much hope. We are on the boat now its just lovely. We have a bath as well as a walk in shower! ((())) xxx

Hi Toady

How are you today? I hope Mrs B continues to keep her beak up. I miss my one legged birdie but the boat is 😍

Your post is getting off well I Hope Kari's the same I have neglected to ask her I must do that

Bri has his tendon op today.muscke reattached etc yuk.

I wouldn't miss the snow either. Nice to see maybe for an afternoon then it must go!!!

Love to everyone

• toady
    Options

Good morning frog, or avast or whatever is the right boating terminology 😀 tea up 😊☕ xx

Cocoa for everyone else and have a good night 🌙 xx

• bosh
    Options

Morning everyone xx

wppl xx

hope you’re all not getting too stressed lol

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I hope you are getting on alright. Have a good weekend love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) The postcards are good memories of what it was a long time ago. Have a good weekend

Barbara (()) thinking of you have a good weekend. Love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) Have a good time at the Temple can you go inside. Thank you for letting us know what you are doing. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) that’s good your tummy is better (()) that’s good your mum has had her insulin reduced I hope she feels better now. Have a good weekend

Keef (()) I hope all is well there. Have a good weekend.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    edited 20. Jan 2023, 12:30
    Options

Hi Joan

how are you and Sue doing today?

im ok thanks just a bit tired after my walk thanks about my stomach 👍

yes it’s good about mums insulin thanks 🙏

she said morning before last her blood sugar was a bit low but not quite a hypo situation

I think she said something like doc told her to keep a record of it so that doc can get dose right, I didn’t ask her about it properly as she was getting angry but she was better this morning normal blood sugar level thanks 👍

bye for now tc xx

• bosh
    edited 20. Jan 2023, 12:29
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you today?

gingers crossed lol I like that one, bit prejudiced against the redheads though 😂

mum is feeling better today diabetes- wise so I’m v pleased thanks 🙏

i see you won’t be on the sea, that’s good

yes QJL and her beloved spouse are def a pain in the neck to put it politely lol

not sure if I’ve mentioned this but once he called the police when one of his sons was at uni and was late ⏰

returning to his accommodation as he went to a party and didn’t phone lol

he thought his son had gone missing- let’s hope it wasn’t a dinner party involving those dreaded kidney beans lol

i agree with you kb are tasty and healthy (though of course not in excess or when you’re stomach is feeling ooky).

Ok I’m really fighting against tiredness so bfn T and Tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

How are you today?

im glad you were ok in the evening

yes I think LA would go to almost any party that promised cake and cheese sandwiches, it’s a good job he’s never attempted a vegan diet he’d give in to dairy temptation first thing in the morning with breakfast oh dear 😂

I think children - devouring witches’ fifth birthday parties (I’m not sure of the witches’ exact age - I’m afraid to ask effective face cream though 👍) are the only ones he’d avoid.

thanks about the cabbage pic lol

ive had my walk not long ago so I’m rather tired

ill try and post more later

bfn toady Tc xx

ps inexpensive dress, don’t ask me if it’s hygienically clean though lol xx