Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• Skinny Keef
    Skinny Keef Member Posts: 997
    Options

I am overwhelmed that people on here are so nice and actually ask how I am.

I will find pics of bikes.

In the meantime this is coffee and cake, at the cafe. Yes, I am out of the house!!!

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,050
    Options

Hi Toni ๐ŸŒบ

good afternoon

no the cafe actually just has rich food but I ate when I got home so it was ok thanks ๐Ÿ‘

yes thatโ€™s exactly how my dad drives Toni ๐Ÿคข

Glad you liked the pic and poem ๐Ÿ™

im ok thanks resting knee so not walking but only slightly ooky knee today really

had a nice veggie burger lunch

hows your stomach today?

just v tired atm

bye fn Toni Tc xx

ps warning these slippers contain gluten lol xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,128
    Options

Hi all ๐Ÿ˜ฌ well it's fun fun fun here, woken up round midnight by a local incident (won't specify as too locally identifiable, nothing too bad but noisy), woken up early by catfight, neither of whom should be in my garden anyway ofc, chunks of fur flying ๐Ÿ˜พ no major harm done that I know of but noisy; and rain and/or very strong wind now which is (of course), noisy ๐Ÿ˜•. Lunchtime & gone already and may as well call it a day ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜„.

Afternoon frog and well done on the much-sought faint line of recuperativeness ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ glad for all concerned that Paul can go out & about ๐Ÿ˜€. Oh the secret 'don't tell Sleek' packing, I feel for you ๐Ÿ˜” she will be fine and only sulk temporarily afterwards but I know what you mean. Mainly I hope you feel 70/80/90% fit to go or whatever percent you feel is realistic๐Ÿคž. There will certainly be no news from me today as it's a write-off really, I shall polish off my grocery shop, buy some consolatory doughnuts for Sleek ๐Ÿฉ and poke about doing a few chores in a lacklustre fashion. Thanks for that nice looking loaf cake, it is just what I could do with ๐Ÿ˜Š have a good day and hope not too appallingly blowy for you, there will be some sun soon I hear, cold though. Hope to hear your friend had a better call/talked to someone different ๐Ÿ™„. Keep up the improving :) xx

Hello joan, no birds about at all today in this weather, just naughty cats ๐Ÿ™„. Yes I can imagine that parcels are still held up.. and RM say not to send abroad because of sever disruption from a 'cyber incident'.. and 100s of parcels being stolen from another courier's warehouse in Stockport.. not good is it! We may get a bit of sun tomorrow but by next midweek it will be as cold in the day as it is now at night they say ๐Ÿ˜ฌ gosh. Hope you are both well today :) xx

Hi to bosh, it was just standard level dreary yesterday but as per my other posts above it is mega-super-ooky today, pretty much maximum ook I'd say ๐Ÿ˜ฑ noise and wind and disturbances. How about you? Glad I don't have to go anywhere. Might be better tomorrow ๐Ÿค”. Hope you are a bit less tired after yesterday, and that there has not needed to be too much hiding upstairs today or if there has at least it has been a successful tactic ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ. Good poem and rather a tragic tale ๐ŸŽญ , no biccies, oh no ๐Ÿ˜ซ we will get in some ultra plain ones how are you with those ones with arrowroot, in fact have you ever tried arrowroot just itself supposed to be quite good for stomachs &c. not sure what ways specifically. You're quite right about baby BR & his simple party requirements, shame at that age they can't just say 'no fuss please & here is my required menu; informal dress code', because they probably would. Yes re clinging onto things I was always fairly like it but it's also v. much what you say, about things with happy memories, because ofc there's a line once you get ill dividing better times off from now. Things I bought or I wore when I went to certain places &c, that I've never been back to, if I had then I think possessions would probably have taken on less significance they'd just be part of the ongoing course of life. Even other things that are replaceable I will tend to keep for best or say they are too nice to use.. then of course they just deteriorate anyway or get broken or something happens to them ('moth & rust' & all that ๐Ÿ˜”). Well I must go & get something to eat no idea what atm but as long as there is tea โ˜•๏ธ :) xx

Hello keef ๐Ÿ‘‹, out? what is this 'out' you speak of? ๐Ÿค” That coffee and cake look very nice indeed ๐Ÿ˜Š is this a fave regular haunt, anyway hope you had a nice relaxing time. Pretty awful day out there so not much cheer outside definitely weather to be inside. Nice to see you and have a good afternoon/evening :) x

Love to Barbara, Kitty, Carol mig and so on and so forth ๐Ÿ˜˜ xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi again Toni ๐ŸŒบ

it is indeed instalment time lol

thanks about my observations about M, the thing is though unfortunately J isnโ€™t directly linked to the mental health services, but M is living in assisted living accommodation so there are nurses with her almost all the time, so I think sheโ€™ll be ok luckily ๐Ÿ‘

yes thatโ€™s true we are at the mercy of our stomachs unfortunately

yes walking can be v refreshing

yes staying indoors when are joints and backs are ooky is no fun I agree

but youโ€™ll have a nice change of scenery when you go on hol on Sunday ๐Ÿ˜€

Hope it goes well you be careful though and only post if you feel up to it ๐Ÿค—

K has the haemo - goblin related tablets too, I see, poor K, yes itโ€™s a necessary evil I guess for us, Ive never needed a colonoscopy though Just endoscopies thank goodness, though in the psych hospital I had to have embarrassing encounters with the doc like you wouldnโ€™t believe though of course I will leave that topic alone, I looked inside iron tablet packet recently and oh Toni so many more pills left than I thought! I know what you mean itโ€™s energy at the price of not having normal or even partly normal digestion, at least thatโ€™s how it seems to me, never mind both K and I canโ€™t be in ferrous - related purgatory forever lol.

yes soya h choc was tasty and energising thanks, like I said results of soya on my stomach can be unpredictable at times, but I think the main mistake I made on the day it flared up was having quite a cheese-rich lunch and soya on same day, i wouldnโ€™t have done it normally but got so hungry waiting around for nurse appointment- oh well these things happen.

yes QJ lady is most definitely a character yes maybe she thinks that lol, she had the same hairdresser as my mum for a long time , it was actually the HD/ receptionist lady and she used to ask her to make her hair look like mums, as my mum had v long beautiful thick hair when she was younger and the HD once confided in my mum, โ€œwell how can I do that? Itโ€™s in terrible condition, not sure she even brushes it and the main prob is she gets jealous of other peopleโ€™s hairstyles and says , โ€œshort like that lady, no, long like yours and so on and even the best hairdressers canโ€™t make hair grow overnight โ€œ, oh dear so funny.

today hasnโ€™t been too bad thanks, mum and I had some healthy (well healthier) popcorn that I ordered so that was nice and I got really tired yesterday so the rest def did me good ๐Ÿ‘

I also like the takeaway

in my house the Vesuvius situation usually starts in the evening but so far Iโ€™m not feeling too bad thank you

btw the last time EF ate out BR somehow wore his parents down so he had in fact TWO desserts, a kind of chocolate Easter egg- like affair (strange but true) and ice cream, my goodness what a monkey ๐Ÿต

I just hope he doesnโ€™t demand that on โ€œholidayโ€ - Iโ€™d better tell him the chefโ€™s moved to Slough , lol.

bye for now Toni you take care xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Keef

I also find VC a very friendly and non -judgmental place

Good that you got out of the house

Tc x

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

how are you and Sue doing today?

Thanks about the group

mum has a bit of a cold unfortunately but otherwise not too bad thanks

I hope you both are having a nice evening

bye Tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi again toady ๐Ÿธ

maximum ook - predictive text really doesnโ€™t like that word does it? Lol - oh dear that doesnโ€™t sound good at all

thanks about the poem ๐Ÿ™

oh dear noise disturbances at night are always nasty

Iโ€™m almost messaged out here I should rest my eyes soon so Iโ€™ll try to be brief

yes I agree itโ€™s a babyโ€™s party, I remember going to sisterโ€™s baby shower before LA was born and all her friends were dressed and made up in โ€œultra glamโ€ style as it were, I was just wearing casual clothes and then one girl travelling from Manchester to London (which was where sis lived at the time) got so hungry she ate almost all the sausage rolls lol, she was a bit like bill, a big eater, which wouldโ€™ve been fine normally of course but we all were asked to bring bits and pieces and basically there wasnโ€™t much else to eat ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

and then someone turned up with her MIL who didnโ€™t speak English or Bengali so the whole thing was โ€œtragicallyโ€ mismanaged you could say ๐Ÿ˜€

So I went home hungry and uncomfortable but at least I limited sat fats intake lol

ok bfn toady, I hope you have a better night Tc xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    edited 13. Jan 2023, 07:37
    Options

Actually looks drier out there ATM....

Morning Joan you'll be very glad to hear my friend saw her Dr and is getting some help now thank goodness. How lovely that Sue's carers are always happy and cheerful - that must really get the day off to a good start. Will you be braving your cafe today? ((())) xxx

Reshmi thank you so much I would love to try the matcha latte I have never had one. I'll try it with coconut milk I think or soya.

I agree cheese and soya on the same day was probably far too much that is hopefully the reason so you might be able to have the soya hot choc again another day!

That leg was still ooky yesterday? Hmmm that's not good I hope it feels better today. Oh dear poor Mum I hope also that it is just a cold, but she has you to keep an eye on her too. She is looked after and treasured by you which is just lovely๐Ÿ˜Š

Yes I knew it your Dad and my Dad's driving skills both very similar๐Ÿคข. The bad news is my brother is a diluted version of him behind the wheel. Kari and I are both far more gentle and cautious.

I actually do have quite an iffy stomach ETM (covid belly I think) though you can hardly see a positive line at ALL! Might have to take imodium for the flight though I think to be on the safe side. How is your stomach? I'm glad you've had no colonoscopies, but am more sorry than you can imagine about anything embarrassing which you have been through in hospital ((())). I agree best not thought about too much.

i didn't realise the group leader isn't connected to the MH services. I am reassured to hear that the place M lives is semi staffed so she will be safe all being well.

Oh dear me that's not nice looking in your haemo-goblin packet and seeing so very many tablets left๐Ÿ˜•oh dear me, but it does need to be fairly long term. Kari is indeed with you in suffering the effects of them๐Ÿ™„ You are right the purgatory must end one day.....

My hairdresser says that is the worst thing about her job when someone comes in and wants to have hair like 'so and so' and they have either got very fine/thick hair or it's far too short. She sounds a bit odd like almost covetous QJ lady. Well she can't have your Mum's long hair it's hers and she has looked after it to get it like that!

Well as for BR wearing his parents down - who could resist him? Even I would ahve probably supplied two desserts!!

I would love a pair of those slippers please ๐Ÿ˜‰

Morning Keef! Of course we care how each other is doing here. It's what we do. We chat (sometimes rubbish) and check in on each other which is just lovely. This cafe was set up years ago by a lady called Val (you'd never have guessed would you?) she later died of cancer such bad luck.

We've also 'lost' two other members Bubbles (Aidan) 3 years ago to a heart attack and only last year @Mike1 (former biker and member of the Armed forces) to Hodgkins Lymphoma. Just in case you hear us talk about them.

How lovely does that cake look? I am so very very pleased to see you were OUT! Well done you. I bet your wife and gorgeous boy were both so happy to have you with them ๐Ÿ˜Š

Yes please bike pics if you can post them would be lovely.

Morning Toady I hope last night was less eventful and you feel more awake today?

Naughty pusskins choosing your garden to fight in! Tut tut! I'll get Sleek to have a stern word. Wonder whether they were also upset by the 'incident'. Say no more๐Ÿค

Sleek is very happy to hear that there will be doughnuts for her! She is so excited about it. and said (cheeky girl) I can go away more often! Knowing her she'll sneak off to Kitty's too and see what's in her biscuit jar.

I hope at least that you did finish your shopping and the rest of the day passed - at least quickly.

My line is still there with the aid of my magnifying glass but still there๐Ÿ™„ I want to test again before bed and might just do that. It's 11 days since i first suspected something was wrong you know.

Today I need to go to Lucy's to do her dosette for while I'm away. Will have to wear a mask.

take care and have a good day

vegan option available.

Love to all missing friends and any new ones too

• bosh
    Options

Good morning everyone xx

wppl xx

ps not sure what this pic is about lol - but found it hilarious ๐Ÿ˜‚

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,930
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) Have a good day I hope the weather is not too bad there. Have a good weekend love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) Iโ€™m sorry you had a disturbance in the night itโ€™s difficult getting back to sleep after. And a cat fight that is a row has well. Have a good day. And a good weekend

Barbara (()) How are you (()) I hope everything is alright there (()) love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancรฉ (())

Toni (()) Thatโ€™s good you feel better (()) your friend did it and got some help good itโ€™s hard. Itโ€™s too cold to go to the cafe yet. Have a lovely holiday itโ€™s nice Paul has always wanted to go there. Sleeke will be watching everything that goes on. Love to Paul (()) and your friend (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) how is your leg today (()) I hope your mum is having a good day (()) have a good weekend

Keef (()) Iโ€™m sorry you had to sell your motor bikes. I have a mobility scooter ๐Ÿ›ต so I can walk my dog. Have a good day and the weekend itโ€™s nice having a treat.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

how are you and Sue doing today?

My leg isnโ€™t too bad at all today thanks it was feeling a little bit heavy when I walked but that probably is as I couldโ€™ve got a bit cold at some point but itโ€™s not bothering me right atm thanks

mum seems more or less ok atm thanks

sheโ€™s looking forward to seeing LA and BR on Sunday

bye for Tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni ๐ŸŒบ

how is your stomach this afternoon?

Iโ€™m attempting a fairly brief message today as Iโ€™m going to have the methotrexate fairly soon Iโ€™m self injecting so I need to practice it a bit and things like that๐Ÿ‘

My stomach itโ€™s not too bad at the moment thanks Toni but how long it stays that way is anyoneโ€™s guess ๐Ÿ˜‚

yes I think youโ€™re right LA is very good at manipulating โ€œ adulks โ€œ lol

little BR thinks the baby gate might be a mima - door as well bless him โค๏ธ

mum seems is a bit more cheerful today thanks so hopefully sheโ€™s feeling better Iโ€™ve not had a chance to talk to her properly as yet, I know sheโ€™s definitely exciting about seeing the little kiddies on Sunday ๐Ÿ‘

cleaners came today so Iโ€™m in the cold room temporarily but itโ€™s not that cold and Iโ€™m wearing several thousand synthetic woollies anyway

wind was bad this morning when I walked though very ooky

legs more or less okay thanks Toni I think itโ€™s feeling a bit heavy from time to time might have caught a bit of cold somehow but at the moment Iโ€™m fine thanks for asking ๐Ÿ‘

I better leave it there for now Toni I may try and post on the other side of methotrexate and a nap hopefully tc for now bye xx

ps I def have biters in the family, witch is an upstairs tenant but not a family member - I think thatโ€™s scary enough lol xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady ๐Ÿธ

how are you?

im more or less ok thanks

wind was v ooky this morning- approaching maximum ook

need to self -inject witches brew soon

so bye for now tc xx

๐Ÿ‘‹ Keef

• bosh
    Options

Hi Keef

how are you feeling today?

tc x

• bosh
    Options

Hi again toady ๐Ÿธ

what level of general ook would you grade your day with so far? Lol

i must admit I lost control and had a bakery iced bun today but I couldโ€™ve committed much worse demeanours really lol

yes arrowroot biscuits I used to eat those as a child sometimes! I liked those, what was the brand name btw? Feel free to use asterisks lol

i self injected mxt for first time today - what a difference!

still feel tired and felt a bit mentally ooky as expected but that extreme feeling of nausea lack of appetite have gone๐Ÿ˜€

I know itโ€™s just the first time using syringe method but I already feel better

i even had some cheese free carrot cake without feeling ooky ๐Ÿ‘

in India they also had arrowroot biccies when I went there on holiday

eating just arrowroot thatโ€™s interesting Iโ€™ll try it at some point thanks

Ok Iโ€™ll go before I fall asleep

bye tc toady good night xx

• toady
    Options

Hi all - it was going to be just this very quick line to say excusez-moi - I got tied up with a nosegay customer, to-ing and fro-ing with messages and queries etc (who will no doubt not become a customer anyway) so that took up my evening cafe visit slot and have been for a quick late walk too as have not been out for a couple of days.

But having read bosh's last post I had to hop in properly and not just put my nose round the door, because I am so so pleased to hear how the mxt injection went ๐Ÿ˜€ that is brilliant news, the best thing I have read all day/week/year probably. I hope you have a good night's sleep and I will see you tomorrow and catch up properly ๐Ÿ˜Š at short notice I have failed miserably at finding an appropriate picture for you so here is a round of applause from a rabbit and a chick to be going on with :) xx

Everyone else, frog joan Barbara keef Kitty et cetera I will see you tomorrow and have a good night all ๐Ÿ˜˜ xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options

Morning everyone

how is it still raining??

Morning Joan. Yes my friend went to the Dr but has yet to collect her prescription! then it might take a day or two to start taking her meds๐Ÿ™„ as I have a negative result today I am going to visit her this morning before we go away. She'll get there I hope. Sleek will have Kari and Tia and Charley to love her while I'm away. I will miss her they will send me pictures. ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi I am glad to hear that so far your stomach is ok and leg is a bit better. I am looking forward to hearing whether you think the new MTX 'delivery' method reduces the issues. I hope you haven't caught your Mum's cold๐Ÿคž

If I had realised yesterday was first injection day I'd have wished you luck ready. I am so sorry. Does your Mum inject insulin? If so she is on hand to help I'm sure. Glad to hear she is recovering from her cold. She is a strong woman she really is.

It's good that the cleaners have been it must help your Mum so much now not to have to worry about the 'heavy' work. To be honest an hour or two in the cold room wrapped up warm is probably worth it.

How do you feel today? Any better? Do you think it's the answer to the MTX hangovers? I do hope so. I am very proud of you self injecting I know I would struggle a bit I can't even do finger pricks without making a fuss!!!๐Ÿ˜ณ

Oh yes you do have biters in your family don't you? I hope LA won't bite again, but BR has yet to hit that phase I expect? A Mima gate....that's a new one I think the boy is starting to really love his Auntie Mimaโค๏ธ

Off to check in on my friend this morning early night then as a super-early flight tomorrow. Tested NEGATIVE!!! Yippee!!!

Take care now it's raining again.

Morning Keef just a quick pop in to check how you are I hope you are feeling ok? I hope Sucre is well and your wife. Does your eldest boy still live at home? If so I bet he is useful now. Mine are quite useful these days!

Have a good day.

Morning Toady. I hope all is well with you? Not easy to assess the local wildlife when the weather is this wet is it? Chances are Mrs B is ok and mousie has a dry spot too.

Kari is fuming....with the post office. They are not taking international mail. Did you know? quite a lot of her orders are to America. They love her arty stuff over there. She is looking into UPS etc etc....

Well done managing your walk I will be off on mine in a minute. Even in the rain I don't care a jot. My back says move Toni!

I should pop in most days all being well although i will be a fair way away so can't be 100% sure.

Did I say I tested NEGATIVE!!!!!!!!!!!๐Ÿ˜Š

Love to Kitty and Barbara and anyone else who pops by๐Ÿ’–

• bosh
    Options

Good morning Toni ๐ŸŒบ

I am so relieved that you tested negative! ๐Ÿ˜€

im tired but otherwise ok ๐Ÿ™

wppl bye tc xx

hi everyone else xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,930
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) Have a good day. I always think about you take care. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) I hope you have a good day. Is your roof behaving itโ€™s self. We want the warm weather.

Barbara (()) have a good day all of you. How is Mr Bโ€™s (()) hip. Love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancรฉ (())

Toni (()) NEGATIVE thatโ€™s good news. Iโ€™m sorry Kari has a problem with the mail why canโ€™t the world be like it was the government is be having worse than children. All the best to your friend she will get there. Have a lovely holiday (()) love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) Congratulations you did it it was worth it if it helps you feel better (()) love to your mum (()) have a good weekend.

Keef (()) how are you and your family have a good weekend.

take care
    joan xx
  • toady
    edited 14. Jan 2023, 13:39
    Options

Hi all ๐Ÿ˜Š an early call for me in the interests of making myself get on with things.. oh well another cup of tea first.. why not ๐Ÿ˜‰

It has stopped raining here frog apart from some in the early hours, 'but here there is no light' as the poet Keats would say, dull as pitch ๐Ÿ™„. And blowing. Pleased to say I did a full stocktake of mousies yesterday, 3 definitely counted, so the inventory is as it should be ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ‘๏ธ. Thank you for asking. Keeping an eye on the Mrs B situation but again in this weather they don't show themselves much so the pigeons and sparrows nip in & bag the food. Very pleased to hear about your negative result which is ofc equal good news of the week with bosh's ๐Ÿ˜Š hoorah. It's a short turnaround to going away but take things easy and I'm sure all will be fine - and yes only pop in if you can, hope everything going to plan so far (you have a plan, right? ๐Ÿ˜„). My nosegay person did turn into an actual customer, wonders will never cease ๐Ÿ˜€๐ŸŽ‰ so packaging for me today although I have tomorrow too. Yes the postal situation must be a pain for Kari ๐Ÿ™„ gosh RM must be thrilled after all the recent 'doings', I don't really use them much for overseas - mine is going to the US too - I will use the 'other people'. Hope Lucy was fine when (if) you saw her yesterday. Well done your friend putting wheels in motion and fingers crossed for her๐Ÿคž. We will all man the fort here and keep the tea tin stocked - have a good day :) xx

Hello joan, I am waiting for a postman who probably isn't coming today anyway, but it is a signed-for thing so I dare not go out of doorbell earshot. No disturbances yesterday thankfully. The roof is ok as far as I know, I should be going up the loft sometime to check in general & hopefully not find anything else ๐Ÿ˜ฌ. One of my many 'odd metal things in jam jars in garage' actually came in handy yesterday to help make a temporary washing prop ๐Ÿ˜€ see pic; not sure what its real purpose is so if anyone does, let me know ๐Ÿ˜‚. Have a good day sorry it's too cold to go far yet for you, we should be having sun soon but only the chilly sort ๐Ÿ˜”. xx

Hi again bosh & another hoorah from me ๐Ÿ˜€ hope you are feeling ok today even if tired. And definitely hope you will feel better than you normally would for the party ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ maybe even a small sausage roll if there are any & no-one has had more than their share ๐Ÿ˜‰. You absolutely deserved a little iced bun, anyway ๐Ÿ˜Š. Yesterday was not too ooky for me thanks apart from the delivery person from the land of rice came more than half an hour early ๐Ÿ˜ฑ I heard a clunk or two but thought oh it won't be them, good job I was ready (almost ๐Ÿ˜ฌ). The arrowroot bics I was thinking of were from a brand that begins with c and rhymes with forwards but they now seem to be a part of mckitties ๐Ÿค”; I always thought of them as a plain budget type biscuit but now they aren't any cheaper than anything else really. Here's something topical I heard on a random Doctor Who audiobook, he had been talking about the folly of revering old things like relics & artefacts, this was the snippet between him & the companion; "so what you're saying, Doctor, is that you can't live your life through objects, is that your little moral?" "As if I'd ever come up with a moral.. but yes I suppose I do think that." "Doctor, you're as bound up in objects as the rest of us. Oh you pretend to be the vagabond & all, but that tardis of yours is crammed full of nonsense. I believe it's time we got back and started cleaning it up & clearing some of the old junk out." "Never!! I was talking about religion and misplaced faith, not bric-a-brac and things that might come in useful". ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Oh well if the Doctor can't part with his 'stuff' either at least I'm in good company. Hope everyone else doing ok see you later I daresay :) xx

Hi to keef, hope you are having as good a day as poss not too much pain ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ x

Love to all and bon voyage frog if I don't catch you again before the off ๐Ÿ‘‹ xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni๐ŸŒบ

how are you this afternoon?

I was somewhat shattered this morning by the methotrexate but that happens to me anyway really a fair amount but my stomach feels so much better had milk today even had a kind of dessert which involves dairy not feeling nauseous not feeling bloated or anything like that so I think that the self injection method is very good for me I donโ€™t mind feeling tired of course itโ€™s not ideal but it was that extreme nausea I was often experiencing that really made things more difficult

thanks about your kind wishes regarding the self injection I think only mentioned it very briefly because I didnโ€™t want to have too much of a chat about it in case I felt nervous lol, no need to be sorry at all ๐Ÿ˜€

i did one slightly a silly thing while self injecting for the first time though after I pressed the plastic release button I closed my eyes so I didnโ€™t actually see the liquid going down so may have left the needle in there slightly too long but nothing much really happened next time I have to look at the syringe but I still felt okay and it was very small minor kind of pain if you can call it pain it was definitely much less painful even then a blood test ๐Ÿ‘

i do understand of course itโ€™s not for everyone Toni we all have our fears for example I feel like running a marathon almost every time I see a dog lol

i hope you have a nice visit with your friend and of course I hope that you have a lovely holiday

mum seems okay at the moment thanks

sheโ€™s doing some cooking for BRโ€™s birthday celebration phase 2 or whatever itโ€™s called lol

but dad is helping her although reluctantly

iโ€™ve been banned from the kitchen again but sheโ€™s definitely in a better mood and youโ€™re right she helped me when I self injected, giving some moral support and so on

i wanted to say again how glad I am that you tested negative๐Ÿค—

Iโ€™m feeling tired but ok really thanks Toni Iโ€™m not going to waffle on too much right now because Iโ€™ve only just got a little bit of energy back after methotrexate but still really not that much

I would say that mxt hangover business is definitely a lot less for me because of the stomach of course itโ€™s not a perfect thing but the gastric issues are not bothering me so far ๐Ÿ‘

hairdressers botched the appointment - booking or something like so now itโ€™s on the 31st oh well itโ€™s better than not having an appointment or getting house remortgaged to go to the ultra posh one ๐Ÿ˜‚

Do I dare tell the hairdresser that Iโ€™ve only used conditioner twice since last haircut?

No I think Iโ€™ll keep that private, just keep it between you, I and the while of the Internet ๐Ÿคซ

ok Bye for now Toni xx

ps unusual parasol user lol xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady ๐Ÿธ

how are you this afternoon / evening?

thanks so much about the self - injecting good wishes ๐Ÿ‘

im ok thanks had to phone bank again but it wasnโ€™t too bad

have written a poem about self - injecting lol,

but will put it on here at some later point or poss tomorrow ๐Ÿ‘

I didnโ€™t go out today as was shattered in morning

but I could hear the big Dinoโ€™s tears beating down like bats ๐Ÿฆ‡ and bogs or something like that on the roof lol

ill leave it there for now

bye toady Tc xx

ps I wonder if this is on nosegay? Lol xx

• bosh
    Options

Oh no toady ๐Ÿธ

I did a toady!

I forgot to read your last post lol only joking

I will send a proper reply at some point but this isnโ€™t the point unfortunately

bye xx

ps bat related attire x

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

how are you and Sue doing?

Thanks, yes stomach feels much better ๐Ÿ™

mums cold seems better thanks sheโ€™s busy cooking for BRโ€™s party but dadโ€™s helping ๐Ÿ‘

she wonโ€™t let me help๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

but her moods good atm ๐Ÿ‘

bye tc xx

• toady
    Options

bosh ๐Ÿ˜‚ ah the dreaded toad curse of the unseen post, it comes to us all sooner or later. No matter, there was v little in mine. Have a good day tomorrow, someone will be very pleased when the mima door opens won't they ๐Ÿ˜Š. Now when, what's it doing out there, bats and bogs or just blowing madly like usual.. am I going out in it for a walk ๐Ÿค”.. I think not tbh.

Goodnight all, and if frog is not in bed yet have another little wave ๐Ÿ‘‹ ๐Ÿงณ xx