Options

Comments

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,059
    Options

Hi Joan

how are you and Sue doing today?

You’re welcome about the vests

yes it was wrong of my dad to keep door open it wasn’t all day but quite a long period of time, but still wrong and cruel I agree

i hope you’re both having a good afternoon

bye tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni

how are you?

hows L feeling now? I’m glad she didn’t have a seizure 🤗

dad didn’t leave door open all day that time but long enough 🥶

I don’t have as much time today as I phoned my friend the elderly gentleman with bipolar

he had another fall unfortunately

he lives alone so there’s no one to help him

he has multiple problems including balance

im ok i guess thanks

got a bit of a cold though

morning walk was shorter than planned as it was horribly cold outside

“bad’ knee felt distinctly ooky out there😱

everyones more or less ok atm thanks including mum 👍

thanks about LA etc lol

Bill has taught poor little innocent LA to say, “I have many gfs but I’ll only marry Millie” 😱

what a silly daddy he is 🤷‍♀️

my friend fell once when he visited his sis in care home he was putting something in bin and there were piles of rubbish everywhere and he fell on one of the piles, I felt v sad hearing that.

It’s weather - dependent of course, but I’ll try to go to the new group tomorrow

also nosey relatives are going with us for Sunday meal at EFs! My cousin’s wife is no nosy I may have to set ookyness traffic light system to red 🚦oh dear

bfn Toni Tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

how are you today?

how was the phone call?

ive got a bit an ooky cold but otherwise ok thanks

yes this phoning of institutions can be irritating 😠

house Vesuvius setting is def sauna atm 🥵🥵

in fact I’m getting rather too ookily warm to write a proper post

so I’ll stop for now

bye tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady

im back again and feeling slightly less ooky

well at least in some ways

TLS that was funny lol

yes bill may well get caught out, I don’t really like snobbery either

not sure of the details about lecturer friend, just sounds like a silly bit of social climbing to me, not sure how much logic there is to it, could well be “most illogical” as Spock likes to say lol

there’s an EF meal this Sunday just found out, I’m going too, also my cousin and his family - they live in Kent weetabix bowl of England and so on, only joking, I like WB anyway lol, the cousins wife is a bit of a nosey character, she once pretended to me that she lived off just water and plain biscuits (possibly arrowroot) when at uni in India for about a month due to food supply issues, I checked with my mum and this was a complete fabrication - very odd indeed 😂

they have 2 daughters but they’re well behaved unlike one toilet - blocking niece from India who visited once😡

there is maybe such a thing as too many EEF members lol

or at least too many of them on this planet, if they want to go Ready Brekking around the universe I want them to feel free, I’ll even pay for fuel and a few meals, porridge and gruel, but no sugary cereal for space - going littleys, otherwise at dawn they may start to duel 🤺

on that characteristically strange note I will end this post lol

good night toady Tc xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    edited 7. Feb 2023, 07:38
    Options

Morning!

am thinking very much of the people in Turkey and Syria 😔

Morning Joan that sounds great being able to use your phone like that! Technology can be wonderful can't it? Bro is much happier now he can sit up slightly and allowed to bend his knee to 30 degrees too. I didn't visit him with Kari in case I had caught Lucy's bug luckily I hadn't and she is fine now 😊My friend is maybe a little better but still struggling it's so sad to be a widow at not quite 50😕 Anyway how are you and Sue? ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi loved the cheerful Octopus pic 😊

Oh dear I am sorry you have a cold I hope it's not too bad ((()))

Glad to hear the door wasn't open all day, but i bet it felt like it!

Are you off to group today? If so step carefully it's still icy out there hope the knee holds up and isn't too ooky😕

Lucy was fine and I was able to take her back to her flat in the afternoon. Thank you for your kind thoughts.

Oh dear the poor man with bipolar I hope he's ok. I expect your call made his day possibly even his week.

That is sad about the man visiting his sister in the care home. Piles of rubbish indeed. Very upsetting.

Oh dear BIL strikes again teaching LA things like that. Hopefully LA will have more sense🤔maybe?

Really? Nosey cousin will be along on Sunday? I do hope you are all on Red traffic lights and ready for her. With people like that i constantly turn things around on them asking them questions.

Have a good day i will be thinking of you at the new group 🤞

Almost Morning Toady well done! I am glad to hear your birdies are all fed and watered. Yes it is cold, but it is bright? I like bright better than rain and dark weather just have to wrap up warm and be careful.

The people did appreciate breakfast, but our local 'warm space' isn't there it takes too much warming up. We are as a parish trying to 'reorder' the Church so that inside is more 'useful'? and we can use it more comfortably - there is no loo for instance and no hot water I needed an extension for the toaster🙄

What? Use my fitbit for contactless payments? I doubt I can mine is the most basic just does steps and sleep that sort of thing. Mind you I did see someone use their phone I presumed it was an IPhone I bet Bosh understands that sort of thing.

6 different phones eh?! Go you! I have one until it dies. It dies because it does the things all 6 of yours do all on it's own maybe😁 I can see the purpose of some of yours def the burner numbers and one for old apps - is that like my Pou? I still have my Pou alive from 10 years ago sad person. An old friend from here still has her Tamagotchi.

Kari is much happier, but like you I expect has lost a lot of money. Lets hope these strikes are all over very very soon. Stay warm and keep walking gingerly but keep moving. Aidan used to say oh I can't remember! I think was it Ninny walking? Joan might remember....

Sending love to everyone and a warm breakfast:

• bosh
    Options

Hi everyone xx

wppl xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) Have a good day with less pain. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) How are you. If I had that many phones I would be lost I would forget which phone was for which. That’s good all your little ones are still around it won’t be long before the leaves come on the trees. Have a good day.

Barbara (()) the weather man has said we are going to have snow this week. Have a good day. Love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni ((())) yes I remember Aidan walking tippy toe when there was ice and he was walking with his crutches ((()) I miss him he had an answer for everything. That’s good Lucy is alright now (()) and your friend they had not been married long (()) how is your brother (()). Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) I hope you get to do what you want to do (()) love to your mum (())

Keef (()) and Lisbeth (())

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Here comes trouble, I hope all are well. It's a beautiful day, but too cold for me. Next month my gardener begins clearing my garden. Sounds like a good title for a poem - oops, been there, done that. I have a buddlea out there, but so much wants ripping out and starting again. I'd like more flowers and less shrubs,and would also like the paved area moving. I'm not having a kitty of my own, I'm happy sharing Sleek with Antoinette.

My carers are great, and have giggling constantly. The family are all doing well.

Will try and visit more often. Love to all.

My friends, the two Sharons

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

Im tired but ok thanks

mums ok today too thanks excited about LA coming soon 😀

I went to a new group today I did actually go there once before but it was long time ago and I wasn’t feeling too well then

It was better this time still not as good as Wednesday group but it wasn’t too bad thanks

dont worry about getting names confused I know I use a lot of codewords 😀

bye for now tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you this evening?

bill is indeed being naughty but I’m sure sis will put her foot down if he continues with his “unique” childcare techniques, silly man.

that’s good about L 👍

yes red alert time, bit of an ooky situation awaiting with cousins wife etc, I hope no-one forces me to have a massive dessert

I had my homemade hot choc today so lesser of two evils 👍

there was fog but journey back was slightly warmer thanks 🙏

still was glad to come home and have some warm virtual tea here tho lol

thanks about my friend, yes falling on piles of rubbish lying around everywhere- no one really needs that

he has one male friend who is close like a brother who comes and helps him, I’ve recently discovered, with housework etc so that’s def a good thing 😀

Mums ok thanks

Local forecast for tomorrow is worse than today for me, so I might just go in to town centre a bit later and avoid the group, as you said no point in taking risks when the we’re on medium ook weather alert 😂

ill see what situation is like in morning

dad has leg pain I can see that, but he exercises on the bad leg, he doesn’t listen to anyone

it was nice to be away from the arguments in house for a bit today 👍

mum has hospital b test tomorrow, I think it’s the 3 month kidney one, but I need to check

shes ok about but she gets stressed waiting for results- v understandably of course - bless her

how is your back now? Be careful with walking outside

bye for now Toni and Tc xx

ps maybe this is why bill stays out of the kitchen? lol xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

I noticed quite a late post from you - was your insomnia especially bad last night?

bye Tc xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,134
    Options

Hi all.. I'm afraid it's back to the excess housework for me as after ooh, all of 5 mins respite I've moved neatly on to the next instalment in 'list of ways the house has got it in for me'. Nothing drastic but will need sorting 🙄 so if I'm not in, it's because I'm in a corner going into denial as the best way through it, don't worry it's just I'll need my remaining concentration to get done asap & hopefully back shortly for pints of tea. Will post an appropriate emoji or something and a wave if nothing else. At least I can text workmen on all of the relevant phones if I need to, frog, I'm sure you can imagine what a consolation that will be to me 😂.

Hello joan, yes I do get occasionally confused with the mobiles, not too much because they're all so different, but sometimes what number to give who or if they need topping up. Have a good day will see you soon when I have sorted out my latest household woes 😂 xx

Lovely to see Kitty 😘 and to see your friends' smiling faces 😀 I look forward to hearing more about your garden when I'm less fraught 😣 have a good week 👋.

Bosh I posted yesterday at 12.53 but that was the midday sort of 12, unless you mean the night before's coming up to 11 🤔, anyway I'm fine thanks no not sleeping badly although I might start after this 😂 usually it's more to do with being nocturnal anyway and/or not going to bed when I ought to 😉. Back soon for a proper chat I hope! Was looking forward to replying to your yesterday's post Spock weetabix and all, sigh, so hold that thought :) xx

Love to Barbara and to everybody and brb I hope. xx

• frogmorton
    edited 8. Feb 2023, 07:12
    Options

Morning!

Hi Joan I hope you are Sue are well today? It was Tippy Toe! I remember yes Aidan would have been so upset about the earthquakes and praying for the people there. He was lovely. My friend was married for 14 years together 18 bless them. Well stay warm and take care ((())) xxx

Kitty! How lovely to see you and hear how you are doing. The carers sound great and so cheerful. If you know what you want in the garden I'm sure the gardener can help you get it how you want.

Sleek is more than happy to come and see you especially if you put her treats on your delivery order!😻

The two Sharons look such nice people I can see it in their genuine huge beaming smiles ☺️

Morning Reshmi how are you today? How is your leg?

Well done getting to the new group and back in the fog. I don't blame you if you don't venture so far today if the weather is going to be even worse. Still frosty here. The Val's sign above was on my car yesterday about lunchtime!

A nice homemade hot chocolate is just what you need after going out in this weather. I make a hot drink before my walk and put a lid on it so it's just right when I get back.😊

I hope your Mum's bloods come back ok I am sure they will she is looking after herself well, but she will worry anyone would.

Riiiiight so your Dad is exercising (probably not the right kind of exercise too?) on his painful leg🙄 oh dear what can you do with him? I can't imagine him taking advice. At least you had a good break from DV yesterday.

I am so glad to hear that the old man you chat to does have someone who keeps an eye on him. I bet that put your mind at rest. I can imagine him telling him that you rang.

They had better not force huge desserts on you at the weekend. Ooky! I wish people wouldn't do that it's like people who try to get you to drink alcohol when you don't want to.😡

My back is ok thank you ankle not so but I take my walking poles down teh lane it can be muddy and at the moment is very icy safety first I promise.

oooh! Be careful in the kitchen we do not want to summon any demons😮

Have a good day and take care.

Morning Toady how are you doing today?

Not great I imagine if you are on a housework binge.

Oh dear me l do not envy you. Although I really ought to join you. Housework is a nightmare, but has to be done. Clutter in time will become dirt, but normally it gets sorted at the clutter stage for me and I imagine you as well. Sleek is on her way to help

As long as you have biccies...

It's actually a good idea to do rubbish jobs while it's too cold to do any gardening isn't it?

My friend who lost her wife is visiting today and I really am rather too busy, but will manage no doubt. Yes text those workmen!

A cup of tea for you

and some porridge to give us all energy in this weather

• bosh
    Options

Good morning everyone xx

wppl xx

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) It was lovely seeing your post your Sharon’s are lovely happy ladies (()) yes it’s too cold for me. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) Have a good day I hope the job is not to difficult and does not take to long to do.

Barbara (()) I hope all is good with you and your’s (()) love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) sorry about your ankle (()) It was lovely seeing Kitty on here I’m pleased she is getting on alright. your friend was married a long time (()) Is your brother getting on alright (()) years a go I went for a walk with my aunt I did not know she had a bet she would get me in a pub but I was determined not to go in. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) how are you has your Dad left the door open again. Love to your mum (())

Love to Keef (()) Lisbeth (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi toady

good afternoon

don’t worry I think I didn’t look at am / pm

you take care and post when you’re ready

bfn xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

No dad hasn’t left door open again thankfully but he’s being quite difficult really

mum had blood test today so she’s a bit angry and worried about it but otherwise ok thanks 👍

Bye Tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you?

I like your car window pic

sorry I’m in freezing room but it’s too cold so I’ll have to relocate and send proper post later

im ok though

just about

MV 😱

bfn xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni

how are you?

sorry I had a headache for a long time after going into cold room v briefly, it’s always a bit of a gamble that room, but I was only in there for less than 5 mins and rest of house was a bit like the Amazon rainforest - not talking about any potentially diabolical delivery companies at all 😇

mums b test was actually for diabetes I got it wrong

so she’s stressed about that which is of course absolutely natural I agree

but there’s more to it my parents arguments are getting worse really

yes dad won’t see doc let alone physio about leg won’t listen to advice and also exercises in wrong way- you get the stubborn - dad - idea 😡

legs ok thanks just hurt yesterday when outside really 👍

I got a grumpy dad lift on both “journies to” and got bus back again which was kind of him of course though he did get me into queasy mode at one point with his infamous driving that was like your dads used to be 🤢

I def wouldn’t have ventured out in the nasty frosty mornings otherwise

sorry your weather is so bad

good thing here is they grit town centre roads if necessary

but the problem often is getting there, I live on a hill which in some ways makes things worse

thats a good idea putting lid on drink👍

I had half a Cafe Eyebrow Plucks soya hot choc today and quarter of a sweet muffin

mum wasn’t well this morning almost a hypo really, dad and I helped her, but the really worrying thing is that she said she didn’t feel ill but she checked her blood sugar in morning as normal and found too low reading, I really hope the doc sorts this out soon, it’s quite scary.

Did you sprain your ankle when you fell? Sorry can’t quite remember now

im glad you’re using walking poles and are being safe🤗

LA is coming here this Sunday - evening probably

after cousin etc meal

and THEN we’re eating out in Reading on Monday ooky😱😱

yes sugar and alcohol addicts have many similarities lol

my mums bought a granny- saurus storybook for LA lol

was slightly less cold for me I think walking back from bus stop so that was good

nothing else amusing or interesting that I can say briefly, a bit tired now

i hope you a nice and most definitely non - ooky night

bye Toni Tc xx

ps a female bill - edited version- well I hope it’s just coffee in that cup, don’t you? Lol xx

• bosh
    Options

Good night everyone xx

Good night toady 🐸 xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,134
    Options

'night all from me too thank you bosh that lovely pic is the perfect goodnight, very cheering and comforting 😊 xx

I am gaining on my situation I think after a slightly dodgy start🤞, sorry to be cryptic lol but full explanation to follow, v mundane I assure you, just had the possibility for more complications than I fancied at this moment straight after the roof business.

Love to all, am off to bed and what I haven't done I haven't done, should have an update tomorrow 👋😘 xx

• frogmorton
    edited 9. Feb 2023, 06:48
    Options

Morning Joan yes my friends were married a good while. Very sad. One of their Yorkies is poorly and we took him to the vet yesterday he has acute Haemorrhagic disease. HGE should be ok all being well but is in pain has the runs and pooping what looks like strawberry jam. Very frightening. My brother is recovering steadily the poor man. Well done you refusing to go into the pub! You knew your own mind didn't you?☺️ ((())) xxx

A quick wave to our Kitty if she gets time to pop in👋((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi I will have a little Magick please!

How are you today? I'm glad you were ok yesterday, but in the freezing room😕brrr.... not surprised you got a headache.

A bit of MV🤨 I get that probably anxiety over the blood test's potential results. I'm certain they will be just fine, but she will be scared, I think the last diabetes one wasn't perfect hadn't they been away on holiday and your Dad been pushing unhealthy stuff on her?

Hmmmm that is a worry Mum's blood sugar being too low but her not being aware of it. At least you and your dad got her sorted out promptly.

I am sorry your parent's arguments are getting worse. I suspect because your Dad is a very difficult man. I mean look at the way he won't see the Dr and is possibly making his leg worse🙄 Sorry about the yukky sicky journey, but at least you got there much safer in the ice with your own sore leg. I can still feel sick remembering my Dad's driving🤢

No ice this morning so I will be able to walk a little faster (!) I suspect I did sprain my ankle but refused to to to the hospital in Viet nam which is where we were at the time. I managed with ice elevation and a double layer of a flight sock to compress it. It is gradually improving to I'm happy enough.

Gosh you have some busy days ahead of you EF visit with nosey cousins at the weekend then bringing LA home then a meal out in Reading on Monday! It will be hard on you and your stomach though hopefully a bit easier now you are going your MTX by injection🤞

LA is going to LOVE the Granny-saurus book🙂 get ready to read it repeatedly! I bet he will be able to read an awful lot of it himself now though.

I run entirely without caffeine! I liked the pic though😁

You have a good day try to rest a bit if you can ((()))

Morning Toady how is the housework going?

Sleek reckoned all is going very well indeed

there she is changing the sheets!

Take care and don't overdo it a cuppa for you

love to everyone

vegan option available of course.

• bosh
    Options

Hi everyone xx

wppl xx

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I hope you have a good day today you have to lovely Sharon’s your carers. I bet the three of you are laughing all the time good (()). Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your dad (())

Toady (()) I hope all is well there and you haven’t got another leak or worse. Have a good day if you can (())

Barbara (()) I hope you’re alright and your family (()) love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) sorry about your ankle (()) how long was your brother (()) told it would take to get better (()) your friend (()) is doing well. Is Lucy (()) alright now. Toni you found our cafe.love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) I hope you have a good day. Do you think your Dad is like he is because of you and your mums (()) problems sorry to say that.

Keef (()) and Lisbeth (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

hi Joan

im not that great tbh bad stomach problem last night and so on

mums ok atm thanks

no need to apologise for honesty

i don’t think so tbh he’s a selfish inconsiderate man in many ways hopefully doc can help him to some extent when he sees doc

bfn Tc xx