• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,059
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you?

glad the cardiologist is looking into things properly for P👍

im tired but ok thanks

well rather warm but they’re worse probs lol

i tried to rest when LA was there but he’d come and lovingly show me his sweets and teddies etc in the end I had to pretend I had a headache- well it was partially true actually I was fast developing one

dad was still quite selfish

poor LA got a tummy ache by drinking an adulk portion of orange juice before anyone could stop him 😱

and BB didn’t let him sleep properly having stupid unnecessary zoom meeting while shouting full volume

Daphne that’s a nice name

mums ok today I think thanks

ill leave it there for now Toni

bye tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

how are you and Sue doing today?

im not too bad thanks

mums ok too thanks

I hope you both have a nice evening

bye tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

how are you this evening?

sorry to hear about the tale of the vanishing tradesman 😡

that must’ve been very annoying

tiny troublemaker left yesterday afternoon so no time or energy for tue group I’m afraid

tuesday one seems ok so far at least but it’s a bit like a job lol, as I have to email them if I can’t make it, one manager once said as it’s related to funding, still a bit formal really, anyway it might not necessarily be a long time thing, last time I went there was a lady with one of the biggest dogs I’ve ever seen, but eventually dog and owner moved, bit odd, it wasn’t a guide dog but some sort of support dog apparently

glad you liked bat lamp

i went today to the Wed group

it was nice thanks, the lady with the diabetic son was there

she said she couldn’t afford a coffee this week, so I -tactfully of course- offered to buy her one, but she felt a bit awkward and declined which was of course ok

but what RR said was not ok, he said someone once told him to always carry enough money around for hot drink, ignoring the fact of course that this lady and many other people don’t always have spare cash, but v v unusually for him, he then realised he shouldn’t have said that and actually offered to pay for her, she accepted saying her dad would re - pay, so that was all good👍.

There was early morning frost here too, but it didn’t last long luckily 👍

saw the Banksy thing online after you mentioned it- v interesting thanks 🙏

blood test at hospital tomorrow- ah the fun never stops 😂

bye for now toady Tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni

I forgot to mention

I went to the chemists whose name rhymes with

”Are all these demonic pharmacists in cahoots?

ive never paid so much for extracts of turmeric roots”

lol - I didn’t actually purchase that just a poetic device or something like that haha

but the shop assistant tried to force a loyalty a loyalty card on me

So I had to repeat forcefully and assertively that I did NOT require it, sorry for caps, I didn’t of course shout like a gorilla/ aka dad 😂

I did contemplate lying down and having a tantrum in the middle of the shop but it didn’t seem v hygienic option to me

ok bfn Toni xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,134
    Options

Thank you bosh 😊 have calmed down fractionally now 😂 (but yes it really was a bit last strawish this morning), heard from chap in the end got delayed (could have let me know 🙄) and have now hopefully booked him to come and do actual jobs on Fri which is before even he was coming for quote - so IF all goes well it will get it over with more quickly. Glad group was ok and will reply properly again next time, just a quick wave and good luck for bloods etc. I really love the picture you do find beautiful things, whenever I look or I want something particular I can't find the right thing, it's an art in itself such good taste you have 😀 👍️ x

Love to all see you anon 👋

• bosh
    Options

Thanks toady 🐸

I hope tomorrow is better for you 👍

bye for now

have a nice night toady and everyone Tc xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    edited 16. Feb 2023, 07:32
    Options

Joan do you reckon this café is closest to ours? Thanks for asking the little yorkie is much better although it might (hopefully not) happen again and can be fatal so we're very relieved. I picked up my lovely neighbour (him) from outpatients yesterday he'd had drops in his eyes. Hope you and Sue are ok? ((())) xxx

Morning Toady I should think yesterday a 😡 Toady too! Was it the same handyman you used before? I would be fuming especially watching someone else's 'men' turn up en masse like that. Talk about rubbing salt in the wound🙄 Dare I ask when are they coming 'again'? Ah I see you told Bosh on Friday well I will be thinking of you then ((())).

You are ready to tell them to *go away* (insert appropriate words inside *..*) before they've even started. Of course they don't realise they are holding you up do they. No, they think their very presence is some sort of honour she says whistling through her teeth in a very workpersonlike manner🤬

It was lovely to see Kari and always useful to get the loo rolls they were recommended to me by someone on here. they are expensive bought in shops, so the only way to do it is in the big boxes hence us sharing.

Yesterday I was outside repainting some of our village signs which P originally did before they become invisible! Sorry P the standard has dropped.

I hope today is far better for you.

Morning Reshmi. How are you today?

Well done for getting to group, pat on the back for that, especially if your knee is sore. I do know what you mean. My 'normal' back pain I know it and it doesn't worry me; I work round it. I expect you're the same with your knee.

Awww LA! Imagine him thinking Nemo was Mimo bless his little heart ((())) Small children can be the sweetest, if the most tiring, people😍 I can believe you would indeed have a headache they run on high power 24 hours a day littlies!

Oh dear an adulk sized glass of fresh orange would not be good for a small boy's tummy😕naughty BB being noisy. LA will tell his Mum on him!

Oh I see BIL is a natural flirt is he? Some people eh? Mind I doubt your sister has any need to be worried, but I do hope it did divert cousin anyway.

Good that your Mum is doing well. Oh did you have time to redo the bloods the Drs messed up? Thanks about Paul's cardiology hopefully it won't be too long before he's had a proper really thorough MOT!

Daphne was my Mum's name. These old fashioned names are coming back into fashion. There was a baby born in the village while I was away and they named her Elsie.

As for the chemist's I think very wise not to have a screaming fit even if it sounded as though the assistant was far too pushy. I loved the little rhyme!

Have a good day.

I suppose I'd better get something done...

Vegan Poha

• bosh
    Options

Hi everyone

wppl xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) Have a good day. It will be nice when it gets a bit warmer. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) I bet you don’t know whether you’re coming or going. Have a good day it will be nice when it’s warmer.

Barbara (()) I hope you have a good day and Mr B (()) love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) sorry has Paul had his results. All the ☕️ are nice it’s not the place it’s the people that’s in it that makes it. Your friend is coping well with your help (()) that’s not nice what little yorkie had he was strong to get through it. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Keef (()) and Lisbeth (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

how are you and Sue doing today?

mum and I are ok 👍

no mentions from you recently but I understand of course there’s a lot of names on here 🤗

bye tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you?

just a quick post from me atm thanks

b test at hospital this morning for me

got really tired after b test

I think mum was tired too

so we had a bit of an argument but it’s ok now thanks

ill make a note to tell LA your new Dino status lol

thats nice your that D was your mums name

sorry gtg to stop there as otherwise I’ll never win bathroom battle and I did of course go to hospital so need to be v hygienic

more “goss” later hopefully

bye for now Toni Tc xx

• bosh
    Options

hi toady 🐸

Ca va?

I'm not too bad thanks

Tired after shower but in a good way

Thanks for saying I've got good taste, but I think it's maybe me more spending too much time on Pinterest lol

Mums ok atm thanks

Wart - rose walk distance- good question - I forget exactly now, maybe 1 or 2 miles, used to take me about 30 mins each way but I was a lot larger then.

The nurse / receptionist at hospital was eating dried offal - what?? That can't be healthy sounds horrendous to me anyway

Bfn Tc xx

• toady
    Options

Hi all 😊 why have my smilies gone to the small size I wonder 🤔 ah well, one of life's mysteries.

Have calmed down after yesterday's doings although I could with the energy back I spent hanging about & also getting myself wound up. I always then regret losing my wig over these things but it's the drip effect as you will probably agree frog, one or 2 letdowns here or there is fair enough but one of these days some poor workman will be the 'lucky winner' of me being pushed too far and not being responsible for my actions 😂. Thing is, I appreciate that from their side, people are also the cause of most of their problems too - they get held up & let down and have nightmare customers who expect them to do bigger/longer jobs than they arranged for etc. Most of my troubles come from just not ringing them up & putting them on the spot I just don't have the ability to be firm but pleasant with it, I would just embody Pearl from last of the summer wine and stand there arms folded & sour-faced, not a mental image of myself I really need #vanity 😂. Will try & chill a bit anyway, it will all get done when it gets done ✌️ but yes, I am mentally doing exactly as you say and will be heartily glad when they *go away*. At least tomorrow's is not early, that's a big help, I can be cancelled on much more philosophically if I have not been got up at an unholy hour. Yes I have used them before, they're not one of the worst offenders for being unreliable and did have an excuse (but I wouldn't rule out that they actually just forgot and went to their first actual job of the day 🤨). What fun painting the road signs 😀 well it sounds like it to me maybe it was more of a chore, but either way P will be pleased 👍️. Glad to hear the little doggy is bearing up and hope owner likewise. Have a good evening, love to everyone :) xx

Hello joan, yes I was all over the place yesterday 🙄 it was such good weather for it too, at least it's not rainy tomorrow so that's something. I really do hope all goes to plan I will be starting to get somewhere then and can look to the next thing, well after the boiler. Have a good day tomorrow yourselves and if you go out, love to both :) xx

Hi bosh, glad to hear that your & your mum's argument was a storm in a teacup and blew over ☕️🌪️, so much easier to get 'scratchy' when you're tired (silly tiredness 🙄). Hope everyone else well & all EF including the Notorious B.I.L. that well known rapper and chick magnet 😂 . Glad Wed group was ok and the awkward situation with the lady & the coffee got sorted without it getting any awkwarder 😔 yes v difficult to always get these things right sometimes whatever you say/do could be the wrong thing, who knows, glad RR ‘redeemed’ himself well done I am not unknown to put my foot in it 😳. I always used to carry a £1 in coins in a little zipped pocket in a bag you reminded me, mainly in case I needed the phone in call box days or bus fare, seems a long time since those were normal day-to-day things! I didn't get out for a walk yesterday and probably not tonight, hopefully I can resume after tomorrow. Thanks for telling me about the Wart-rose walk, 1+ mile is not too bad for me 2 is a bit more of a less often thing but maybe in the summer I will try the odd further one. Glad you got your bloods over with, the receptionist was eating dried offal??!! Did she advertize the fact to everyone? Not the best topic if anyone waiting was very much trying not to think blood-related thoughts!! It takes all sorts 😮. See you anon I am going to go & decide if I can be bothered to bid on a nosegay auction 🤔 have a good evening :) xx

Love to Barbara, Kitty and to the rest of the cafe and all who sail in her 🚢 😘 xx

• bosh
    Options

hi toady

Just a tiny post as I'm rather tired

Notorious BIL the rapper now there's a terrible thought lol

He once asked me why a I didn't watch a particular popular rather sordid fantasy tv series lets just call it Receptionist Postpones in the rhyming slang, lol, initials are GOT ( but some think it's G*D) anyway you've prob got the message by now, I wanted to say “because it's just pure filth in my opinion”, but I know that wouldn't go down well at all, so I just said something vague and polite, but he was going on about it and it's just ridiculous really isn't it? I mean we don't all watch the same things, have the same outlook and thank goodness for that and to be honest watching a programme featuring incest and all manner of unmentionable themes is something I'm proud of not watching, he's over 40 now, so the time for wanting to be one of the cool kids or whatever it is he thinks he's doing really should've passed. 😀

Don't worry storms in tea cups make us human

Bye for now tc xx

Ps first pic is an example of when cuddly toy ownership goes wrong lol - who will win this spooky “stare - off? Lol xx

• frogmorton
    edited 17. Feb 2023, 06:49
    Options

How right you are Joan! It's the peoplestaff and customers who make a cafe a nice place to be😊 obvioulsy the food too. My friend is bringing both dogs over later this morning for a walk. The one who was ill is the tiniest weakest little thing incredible isn't it? Are you going to your cafe today? ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi I see yesterday was a tiring day for you with having to go to the hospital for your bloods. I am glad you and your Mum sorted it out - you are very close so bound to have the odd disagreement from time to time.

Did you win the battle of the bathroom? I hope so😉

Yes please do update LA on my Dino status. Does BR like them yet too? I bet he will if he doesn't already.

I know isn't it lovely Daphne being my Mum's name? She is the only child so far in that generation, but Lucy loves old fashioned names too. Charley is likely to go for something unusual I think if she has any. Tia is too busy setting up her business really to think about babies.

I think my sepll check is off (Spell check) so there will be lots of typos today I do apologise.😳

I loved the storm in ateacup you put on for Toady! It's brilliant😊

Paul seems to have sneaked a holiday yesterday instead of going to work…..he was in Reading! If he goes again I'll let you know.

Morning Toady how are you doing today? you have workperson(s) I think this morning😐️

My smilies have shrunk too and spell check gone so there are likley to be typos….🤔

You are quite right that tradespersons are probably at teh mercy of their customers too and probably delivery of essential items people can be a real pain. Best laid plans and all that but they have phones we only need a quick call don't we? Enough to calm us down enough. I hope you never completely lose it with one I hope I don't either. To be fair I tend to internalise things which is distructive for me only. I reckon you might be similar if you are now emotionally exhausted? Hope it gets done and gald it's not early.

It was fun doing the signs when P was still here we used to do them together, but sadly I was alone no ginger tea and music. Standard down so was apologising to P all the time as i went along! I think she will actually be glad I am doing them. I have another in the boot of my car ready to do today if I get 5 minutes.

Little yorkies are coming over for a walk later on this morning😊 with my friend of course!

practising my pancake skills….vegan of course!

• bosh
    Options

hi everyone xx

Wppl xx

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

I can't find the one for making the letters bigger so kitty can read it.

kitty (()) have a good day and a good weekend. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) I know how you feel people come and you feel has if they are thinking about what you look like. I hope your weekend goes well. Have a good day.

Barbara (()) I hope all is well there have a good day and weekend. Love to mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) good luck Paul (()) with the tests. Toni how is your Ankle (()) I remember P (()) doing the sign's (()) we haven't started going to the cafe yet. I have a job to walk and stand because of the pain in my knee it goes up to my hip. Sorry going on about it. Thank you for the photos of the cafe's. That's nice your friend is bringing the little yorkie's over to you (()) have a good day and weekend. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours

Reshmi (()) good luck with the results of your blood test (()) love to your mum (()) have a good weekend.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

good morning toady

How are you?

Sorry I didn't mean to end my last post with teacup comment lol

I meant that worrying is human

Bit tired so bfn Tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni

how are you today?

ive got the time of the month so not feeling too great really

mum has a bad cold unfortunately

but her db is ok thanks 👍

P was in Reading! Not working but holidaying by eating cheese sandwiches and watching dog cartoons- oh dear, yes please notify me next time and I’ll prepare the sandwiches and ensure he does some work lol

ok I’m afraid I’ll have to leave it there for now

otherwise I may face - plant the iPad in my tiredness

bfn Toni Tc xx

hi Joan

im tired but ok thanks

mum has a cold

hope you’re both ok?

ty about my bloods

bye tc xx

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

How are you all? My GP reviewed my meds today. Mostly the same, but I'm strting on Codeine to add to paracetamol. I hope to restart treatment for Osteoporosis. Mouth spray will replace pastilles for dry mouth. Got a telephone appointment with the Respiratory nurse to check my lungs.

My mobile accidently got locked, so can't make or teceive calls, so I think it will need to be unlocked somehow. Feeling quite optimistic today.

Take care. xxxx

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady

Yes receptionist / nurse was eating dried offal and offered some to a patient’s relative whom she seemed to know

this sounds like one of my inventions but is absolutely true

I thought it was

crisps lol 😱

ok ooky mxt injection is kicking in

bfn xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

sorry I’m feeling a bit crushed by time of month plus mxt and my mums not feeling well and taking it out on me

i know she doesn’t mean it but it’s getting hard to bear

i know all these things are only temporary

its unbelievably warm in this house

i didn’t get enough sleep as mum was shouting at me first thing in the morning saying that I’m evil or whatever

anyway I’ll try and send a proper post tomorrow

good night Toni toady and everyone bye tc xx

• toady
    edited 17. Feb 2023, 23:51
    Options

Hello people 👋 long day but just wanted to call in quickly so that you know all went well and I will not be in tomorrow with a long tale of woe 👍️. All the news when I'm in next, I had to do ebay packaging last night and then unexpectedly again tonight (why can't people buy things on a Saturday evening instead, so there's no point packing them then & there as they can't be picked up 🤔), can't complain as it all helps pay for an odd job.

Thanks for the good wishes all & hope your sign painting went well frog and you did not make an uniwtting mispselling on one of those too 😂 well done brave little doggie rallying and coming for a walk, v pleased to hear. 4 mousies again today and many bulbs coming up literally overnight in my pots 😊 hurrah. See you soon :) xx

Joan you are so right I do indeed feel that people who come are looking at me and what I look like, unfortunately just when I'm telling myself don't be silly I'm sure they are barely taking any notice, is when someone tells me they think they know me from somewhere 20 years ago or I remind them of someone 🙄 😱 (Late p.s.) I meant to say, sorry about the hip/knee problems you are having😔 did you say you are waiting to hear about an appointment (just telling us what's what isn't going on about it you listen to all of us xx). Have a good weekend and see you tomorrow :) xx

'night to bosh and I'm sorry your day is not great, I really hope it's better for you tomorrow I will be in & we will have a chat and I will catch up with my replies. The receptionist story really takes the prize for oddest waiting room story, at least no-one at any appt I've been so has ever been doing anything quite so surreal as that 😂 bit too much of an uncomfortable thought in a place where someone may be having their livers & kidneys seen to mere yards away somewhere 😬. Take care see you shortly 👋 xx

Lovely to see Kitty 😺 and to read everyone's news with a cup of tea in between letting people in & out & making coffees and putting things out for postie, so bear with me look forward to coming in tomorrow properly 😊.

😘 'night all xx

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning Joan how are you doing today? I am sorry your knee is making it tricky to get out to your café 😕 You don't ever 'go on' about it though. Your apt will come round soon I know it will hang on in there. The Yorkies came and we took them up the lane which they enjoyed very much. You take care ((())) xxx

Well Kitty Mcduff! LOVELY to see you and hear your news☺️Sounds like a good idea to change your meds around I have done the same too and it helps I think our bodies get used to meds don't you?

No point trying to ring you then any time soon. Jonathan!! Will you sort out your Mum's phone please😘

You take care ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi I do hope you have some energy today we do not want you face planting your Ipad!

The time of the month can wipe you out that's for sure and will reduce your resilience to other people being grumpy. I don't think you deserve it you are not evil at all so some ((())) for you. We all care about you very much here.

Your Mum was having a rough day and should be back to normal today I hope. I also hope you do not catch the cold!

Yes please if Paul comes back to Reading please keep an eye on him. Imagine him pretending to work when really he was taking a mini-break eating cheese butties and watching dog videos😁I will pay attention to his diary and keep you in the loop.

Take care

Morning Toady how are you doing today?

I am so glad to hear all jobs completed to your satisfaction. That's what I wanted to hear👂️Well I think people buy things on Fridays in order that you will post them off before Sunday sorry.

Little Yorkie was a stubborn boy and determined to walk as far as his sister even though my friend tried to get him to rest by picking him up! Then they both lay in the sun in the living room (Sleek safely hidden in the bedrooms with the window open) for a rest while my friend and me had a cuppa.

4 mousies well they are doing well! How is Mrs B? Any sign of homewrecker (nest wrecker???) Mrs B and philanderer Mr B?

I ahve bulbs coming up too like you isn't it lovely? Hyacinths in a lovely deep pink and daffs wonderful

It's ☔ but I still want a walk if only a short one....shall I brave it?

So far sign painiting is giong quiet well😄

Have a good day sans workpersons!

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) It’s nice seeing you. Sorry about your phone. Have a good day love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) I hope the weekend will be quieter for you (()) Do you still have the skip by your neighbours.

Barbara (()) How are you it will be nice when spring comes. Love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) How is your Ankle (()) the little yorkie is a fighter he will do what he wants. Your friend did well coming to see you with them (()) have a good day. Sue watches call the Midwife on her iPad the carers put her to bed. I watch Vera in the living room. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) Sorry your mum got mad with you people when they are worried take it out on the person who is the nearest to them (()) Don’t worry have a good day love to your mum (())

take care
    joan xx