Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options

Morning Joan I hope you and Sue are well? I miss P very much๐Ÿ˜• Ah well. Now Death in Paradise is lovely, nice simple non-scary murders on a beautiful Island in the Caribbean. The baddies always get caught and best of all it's on BBC so no adverts! We love it ๐Ÿ˜Š Have a good day! ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi how are you today? The sun was out yesterday it was lovely.

We went to Knutsford there was a huge market, but we were after the vegan cafรฉ had a roasted veggie wrap it was YUM! No coffee just orange juice. Reason being we could call in to see my friend on the way back. She wasn't too bad so that's good.

Lucy has an infected finger. I am dropping off our repeat prescriptions so will show them photos see if they can prescribe antibiotics.

Oh dear still a very hot house? I think older people like it too hot I'm afraid not easy for you though I would be dozing too.

Loved the Roald Dahl books thanks for the picsโ˜บ๏ธ

Your Mum sounds much happier cooking etc....perhaps freezing food probably for when EF drop LA off. I do think he probably is coming so stay so get ready for trip hazards at every turn. You will have to be very careful

However you should be firm about going to group because it's like her not takin her insulin it's important and it's not even all day. You will be back refreshed to help her with your cheeky, funny nephew.

Oooh were there flapjacks in the Al-Fresco order? Yes please unless they have already been shall we say 'pre-sampled'๐Ÿคข I agree no-one must suggest licking cake to LA ever!!! I am sure he'd be on it in a flash๐Ÿ˜ฎ

You are right about not overthinking things which might or might not happen. One of my very very worst habits that.

Have a really good day today. I need to be outside the Drs at 8 to show someone my photo of Lucy's infected finger.

Take care ((()))

Morning Toady!

I have seedlings. Lettuce (too soon!) cabbage (not as soon as I had hoped) and possibly can see onion shoots. Yes I got outside too! I cut the 'newer' patch of grass it's only tiny, but any longer and one of the farmers could have used it for next years' animal feed๐Ÿ™„ So all in all I feel quite a bit happier

I also visited my bereaved friend and went to Knutsford with Paul for some lunch (vegan). So a much better day than expected and so, so sunny!

My bro had some lovely paper tissue paper unisex of boxes but I can't find it - you can get tissue which says 'please recycle me' though that is unisex and good too. I agree present as gender neutral. Very wise indeed. You had the perfect box? Wow that's spot on!

I hope you got outside yesterday too like me?

Have a good day make the most of the bright sunny day ahead.

Yes Sleek was indeed attention -Sleeking๐Ÿ˜ bless.

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,925
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I hope you are has well has you can be (()) love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) thatโ€™s good you had the right box. There seems to be more birds on the trees now the weatherโ€™s better. Have a good day.

Barbara (()) How are things there (()) thinking of you and Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancรฉ (())

Toni (()) how are you after your long journey yesterday (()) good luck i hope you get help for Lucyโ€™s finger (()) we might be having better weather now. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) thatโ€™s good your mum is happy (()) donโ€™t worry see how things go (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,033
    Options

Hi everyone

wppl. Xx

• bosh
    Options

hi Joan

how are you both doing today?

thanks about mum sheโ€™s well today thankfully ๐Ÿ‘

yes thatโ€™s true best I donโ€™t worry in advance lol

bye tc xx

hi Toni ๐ŸŒบ

how are you?

sorry about Lโ€™s finger hope doc can sort it out

bit busy but mum and I are ok thanks ๐Ÿ™

her b sugar was good

bfn will write later tc xx

๐Ÿ‘‹toady

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady

how are you today?

night was ok thanks though recently had one of those horrible blocked nose weakness and panic attack feeling type nights

not a major deal I know but upsetting just the same

difficult to know what causes it really, or how to prevent it,

if gets really bad I inhale the olbas oil vapour / steam though and that seems to help unless itโ€™s v hot weather then situation becomes difficult really

do you suffer from hay fever and / or blocked nose?

im glad I didnโ€™t offend with my advice ๐Ÿ˜€

I do try and rest properly but like you said before the tiredness is always lurking

and when people expect me to be in a good mood after not being able to properly rest and after theyโ€™ve made as much noise as possible while I was attempting to rest, well then Iโ€™m afraid I become a v grumpy bosh ๐Ÿ˜–

glad you avoided LAโ€™s flapjack - contamination situation lol ๐Ÿ˜‚

house has really got ridiculously hot today

no I didnโ€™t resort to snail sandwich haha

my sister phoned my mum yesterday asking if she can freeze fish lol ๐Ÿ˜‚

bill said heโ€™ll eat one whole fish packet so she just has to freeze one - heโ€™s just trying to save freezer space apparently lol

ill go for now bit tired

bfn toady tc xx

ps v grumpy bosh pic lol xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,123
    Options

Hello all - the sun is shining and I have sidled in early ๐Ÿ˜Š - maybe if I sit here and have a cup of tea I won't notice I'm writing a letter and finishing my grocery shop too - though there's the danger I might make a few typing mix-ups. ('Dear frozen food department, how are you today? Cold enough for you?' 'Hello auntie, can I have 2 dozen tomatoes and a small brown please?')

Tomatoes, I'll be lucky.. I will be having a few 100g of overpriced little vine toms apparently, frog, that still is all there is. Al fresco are on the minimum basket price rise bandwagon too, with a higher threshold and a higher charge for going under. ๐Ÿ™„ Oh well, the good news is I too have been in the garden ๐ŸŒผAND I have seen original Mousie ๐Ÿ˜Š still with us, and here to see some sun, which is what I hoped for above all. I have some chard seedlings too, though that's about it, well done with yours so far - I am madly planting more of everything in the spirit of optimism. Seed catalogues, you say (looks over shoulder) hope the begonias will be nice. I have some lime petunia seeds myself, to go with a themed summer pot, full details to be revealed if it ever works out ๐Ÿ˜‚. Glad you had a lovely lunch out, that sounds very nice, and good that your friend was as well as can be expected. Hope Lucy is ok? and that your show pic to drs mission worked out. Sorry if she has to have antib's though ๐Ÿ˜”. Hope the rest of your day was ok - my parcel set off nice & early so hope it makes good time, I'm always relieved when things get abroad - probably won't get feedback though. Recycle me tissue is a very good idea, I was actually thinking about some stickers but this is better ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ๐Ÿ˜€. No other news, but you can hint to Sleek that there will be cream-filled doughnuts ๐Ÿคซ as long as they are not subbed :) xx

Hello joan, my parcel set off early so should soon be in France I hope as long as there are no troubles on the way, it is not a good time over there right now ๐Ÿ˜•. Not a busy day for me today have been in the garden with the mice & birds - lovely clear skies - still chilly though. Have a good evening :) xx

Hi bosh, sorry you had a bad night - funny you should mention, I do get a blocked nose at night but no idea why, as I don't have any hay fever or sinus type issues. It's just at night, and yes it isn't nice when you are trying to get to sleep - I don't know why even one nostril blocked is such a disturbance but it is. Is yours hay fever or allergy related do you think? Yes I can see that steam is not the answer in the heat so it's not easy. Also had bad dreams again, people in the house uninvited and me worrying about covid ๐Ÿ™„. Do you ever dream about having to wear a mask or anything? I don't as often as you might think! Shopping on way tomorrow and definitely no flapjacks. Bil is eating out of consideration to save freezer space, well that's a novel argument but quite creative really, credit for that ๐Ÿ˜‚. Hope your mum is slowing up on the cooking (for EF? will stay tuned) and maybe that helps with house being not quite at highest regulo-9 type temperatures. Hope you have a slightly better evening for tiredness etc and yes thumbs down to people disturbing your rest and expecting a sweetness & light bosh ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ‘Ž๏ธ. See you next time on the emoji-strewn waters of life (v clever pic that ๐Ÿ˜€) tc :) xx

Love to everyone ๐Ÿ˜˜ xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi again Toni ๐ŸŒบ

Iโ€™ve had as much rest as I can reasonably expect to get at this stage so Iโ€™ll send this โ€œproperโ€ post

How did you get on at the docs? Did they prescribe some meds for the finger?

Was it a cut that got infected? Or just some kind of infection that happened out of the blue?

I hope it has got treated now ๐Ÿค—

Iโ€™m glad Sun came out for you yesterday ๐Ÿ‘

yes still hot house most of the time Iโ€™m afraid thatโ€™s why the fresh air outside seems like such a treat even when itโ€™s winter duvet / coat wearing weather like this morning lol

im glad you saw your friend and had a nice outing ๐Ÿ‘

veggie wrap that sounds great

I misunderstood, LA is just coming for two days but not yet and whole of EF plus a male cousin- not a v nice person really but one of dads fave people ๐Ÿ™„ -are coming on Easter Monday, if Iโ€™ve got it right, little LA will be visit by himself 11 and 12 of this month, so Iโ€™ll have to be v careful about floor - situation youโ€™re right, but the Wed group may be a bit too tiring anyway with LA around, different if it were more long term I agree, even though we love our littleys we canโ€™t talk to them 24 - 7 as some people say lol, it would result in a mega - grumpy - barely awake bosh throwing toy cars at dad and hiding all the cloves - well hypothetically haha - as long as I donโ€™t eat cheese sandwiches for every meal like LA would lol, Iโ€™m having a bit less cheese than usual Toni - which is good, not that I was having huge amounts or lots of pizza or anything like that, but Iโ€™m trying not to make cheese my comfort blanket - which is something anyway - thanks for making me think about that ๐Ÿ‘

Iโ€™ve not heard back about my diabetes b test so presumably I donโ€™t have it atm - which is again a good thing ๐Ÿ‘

nice pics ๐Ÿ‘

LA said granny canโ€™t come to the male friends party because sheโ€™s not invited he got really angry when she said she wanted to attend and in an icy voice said, โ€œ Iโ€™m afraid you canโ€™t come granny, you havenโ€™t got an invitation โ€œ ๐Ÿฅถ

Oh dear - stern party administrator said no, I had forged the friends mummyโ€™s signature- but apparently my forgery skills arenโ€™t adequate, โ€œ must do betterโ€ according to Riley master cake - licker and forger extraordinaire lol.

ok Iโ€™ll go for now Toni bye and tc xx

ps bill has written a warning about himself- he should have shown it to poor cousins wife ๐Ÿ˜‚

• toady
    Options

Hi again bosh quick ps., just I misread that your bad blocked nose night was last night but you did say 'recently', but anyway sorry you get this; it is annoying. And also to say that if I feel panicky at night I grab the 'rescue remedy' as I've probably mentioned not sure how much that is in the mind etc but it helps me. At least Easter Mon is a while off so no absolutely imminent EF invasion as you put it and you should at least be ok for group this week. Ok going again ๐Ÿ‘‹ finished my chores so will try not to lurk online illicitly browsing for no good reason ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ 'night xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady ๐Ÿธ

l have got an earlier start tomorrow so Iโ€™ll try not to lurk here illicitly too much myself lol

thats interesting about the rescue remedy Iโ€™ll look into that thank you

i saw a really horrible thing this morning there was an ambulance and basically someone had died an elderly person I believe on a nearby street, sorry I know no one likes to hear things like this, but I canโ€™t really talk to my mum about it, sheโ€™s stressed about something, I think it could be her medicine dosage change and sheโ€™s an extremely tough person who would just, โ€œ get on with thingsโ€ or something like that, there used to be an elderly man and his wife who lived there, itโ€™s a house on the corner, he was a talkative person who used to chat to me sometimes, but unfortunately he passed away many years ago, I had no idea anyone was living there, I thought the house had been given to the carers, anyway bit was just a bit shocking really.

on a lighter note I went to the bakery and just had half an iced bun - so you can order a new halo with your online shopping please- well maybe half of one lol

but a little girl there with her mum seemed very worried that Iโ€™d polish off all the cream cakes!

I almost said out loud โ€œ no worries there, cream - I never touch the stuff!โ€ Lol

well maybe I did when I was LAโ€™s age I guess, but I certainly controlled my bakery - item licking tendencies haha

good night toady tc xx

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning Joan the weather is lovely at the moment isn't it? Hope it stays that way ๐ŸคžI ended up taking Lucy to the out of hours GP at 8.15 last night then to Asda pharmacy for her antibiotics. Still at least she'll be on the mend now. Take care both of you ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi that's great that your Mum's sugar was good yesterday. She does do incredibly well you know.

I think you might be a bit of a worrier by nature - like me - it's difficult to stop though isn't it. Hope you are ok otherwise though?

Sorted out Lucy's finger in the end, via the out of hours GP at 8.15pm and then Asda pharmacy, so was in bed late for me and not rested mentally if you know what I mean. Let's hope today is better and the ABs do their job for her. I think she had one of those little bit's of skin loose round her nail and pulled it and it got infected. Thanks for asking๐Ÿ˜˜

The house is still like an oven is it? Oh dear me it's lovely outside I almost felt like not wearing a coat with the sunshine, but it's still very cold especially in the morning.

Oh gosh so Easter Sunday sounds a bit busy for you. I wouldn't fancy it at all, but hopefully it will turn out ok. That means if you want to go both groups should be ok for this week at least. Not so sure about next week though if LA is coming. You will need eyes in the back of your head and something to scan the floor for small objects๐Ÿ™„ Still on the upside he does present you will many funny stories and situations. LAisms!

You are good cutting down on the cheese. I'm sure a little is fine, but I know what you mean. Not quite as bad as BIL and his espressos โ˜•๏ธbut a comfort all the same

No-one can be patient with littleys and their chatter 24/7 surely? I know I wasn't. That's where half an hour's cartoons/Peppa pig comes in very handy!

Granny was not invited to the party? Well obviously LA knows best. She doesn't have an invitation and your forgery skills were just not quite good enough! He is so funny you can't resist him can you?! Hope Riley cake licker is not there๐Ÿคจ

Loved BIL's poster๐Ÿ˜

Have a good day enjoy group and take care ((()))

Morning Toady how are you doing? All well here apart from what to me was a late night trip to the out of hours GP in the next town to see someone and then to a supermarket pharmacy for ABs for Lu.๐Ÿ™„ The Surrgery would not accept the pics she still had to ring on a day she wasn't working at 8am and be available for a call. neither possible till weds hence the advice from - honestly! A lovely receptionist!!! Who is this creature you ask in awe? I have no idea, but the other lovely one was nearby too.

Has Sleek taken my seed catalogue over to yours? I can't seem to find it๐Ÿค” unless it's in her ickle house.... My theme isn't as arty as your more red white and blue for the coronation. I can't wait to see whatever happens. Such good news Mousie is alive and well bless her that is good news.

I think we will do ok this year I really do we might not think so but we are both trying so fingers ๐Ÿคž

I had to have those toms shop before last overpriced and not a lot of them๐Ÿ™„Bit of a con.

Sleek read over my shoulder and wants to know when the cakes are coming?

The tissue and stickers! Super posh!

Take care now

• bosh
    Options

Hi everyone

wppl xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady ๐Ÿธ

how are you?

im not too bad thanks

Thatโ€™s ok about getting night wrong

I do sometimes have nightmares, I had one about QJ lady coming uninvited into our house and infecting mum with covid.

Mum has at last calmed down a bit with the cooking ๐Ÿ‘

bfn toady tc xx

ps Celtic goddess pic - three heads means three sets of hay fever eyes though oh dear ๐Ÿ‘€

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) How are you have a good day. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) yes the weather is nice after all that rain. Have a good day.

Barbara (()) Thinking about you and your family (()) love to Mr B (()) love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancรฉ (())

Toni (()) thatโ€™s good The out of hours Dr saw Lucyโ€™s finger good she has antibiotics (()) have a good day (()) love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day. Your mum does so well (())

take care
    joan xx
  • toady
    Options

Hello all ๐Ÿ‘‹ early again today, will try and catch the light in a minute and plod on with the painting ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ–Œ๏ธ

I certainly do wish I'd got the colour right first time frog ๐Ÿ˜ฃ but the mystery dull tinge was just going to bug me, I could tell, so there was no leaving it really. The weird thing is that there is no greeniness to the paint at all, it's a nice pinky cream chalky colour everywhere else I've used it - maybe the ghost of some long ago coat of something odd underneath is manifesting itself ๐Ÿ‘ป no idea really. Or the light is peculiar in there ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ. Anyway worse things happen it's good practice ๐Ÿ˜ฌ by coat #21 I should be up to City & Guilds standard. Sorry to hear about your late night chemist crawl, it was a good plan to do the remote pitch for a prescription & worth a try but I suppose they have to be super careful & would want to be sure L wasn't any worse than a photo might suggest. Good-oh for the nice receptionist, anyway! Those pesky bits of skin round nails I know them well, I shall be careful gnawing at mine! especially with gardening etc. Yes I'm afraid Sleek did sneak the seed catalogue round here, with the corner turned down at 'Nepeta cataria' ๐Ÿ˜‰ I satisfied her that 'message received & understood', noted down a few nice things for myself, and she took herself off back to yours with catalogue. And a doughnut of course, they arrived promptly - not so the tomatoes ๐Ÿ™„ so it matters not to me how overpriced or few they were. (Glad there were some with today's breakfast! thank you ๐Ÿ˜‚). Anyway you know what we have to do - to the potting corner I go, 'Stonor's Exhibition' packet in hand. Have a nice sunny day ๐Ÿ˜Š the patriotic petunias will be lovely, and tasteful in their own way and a better effort than Mr K (as in Rudyard's) 'special' Coronation xx

Hello joan, nice again today, feels like it should be warm but it isn't really - maybe as the sun works round it will edge up a bit. Hope you are having a good day, I will be finishing off my Easter post I hope and I will be 'ahead' for once ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ. xx

Hi bosh, I was online last night (for legitimate reasons) and saw your post, I nearly replied then but you would not have seen it til today probably - I was really sorry you had that horrid experience with the ambulance ๐Ÿ˜ฃ it's most upsetting when something like that happens ๐Ÿ˜•. I worry when I'm out that I will see an accident or something, these things just occur to you sometimes and if I have seen something like you did it definitely affects you. I'm sorry you couldn't really tell your mum but understand the reasons, thank you for coming in and telling us instead, & glad to be here for times like these. Sad that the gentleman you used to speak too passed away & you aren't sure who has that house, it just happened yesterday that I was talking to a neighbour about how different this street is now as certain people have passed away or moved, new people don't really bother with anyone & you don't know who some are even. Shame but I expect it's more & more that way most places. Hope things not too bad with you and glad your mum has stopped the excess cookery, hope she's ok today too. Nasty to dream about QJL like that, definitely the sort I have. If you are going to group today good luck with that; you could always have the other half of the iced bun, that would keep things symmetrical ๐Ÿ˜„ (I have just googled whether the universe prefers symmetry or asymmetry and it was too difficult for me to understand ๐Ÿ˜ซ) then again half a halo is better than none๐Ÿ‘ผ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ. See you later I expect :) xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni ๐ŸŒบ

how are you?

glad Lโ€™s finger got sorted in the end

hope you have a more restful day today

Itโ€™s really horribly hot in the house today

so Iโ€™ve booked some rooms at ice hotel for us just in case - see pic, lol

no one there at group, not at same time as me anyway, still good to get out

easter Monday is guest day

sorry may have said it wrong before

mum is well thanks

Need to go now

as the legendary bathroom riots may start soon ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

bfn Toni tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

how are you both today?

mums ok today thanks

yes mum is v brave thanks

Iโ€™m not too bad today thanks for asking

bfn tc xx

• toady
    Options

Gosh I actually went off in the middle of a sentence to frog ๐Ÿ˜ฎ what that last bit should have said is... Mr K's Coronation Celebration cakes, which are the exact same cakes as always, with a bit of bunting on the box; not even a few red & blue sprinkles or a rice paper crown. Effort, not! ๐Ÿ™„. Anyway sorry about that, it was probably decorator's hysteria ๐Ÿ˜‚

• bosh
    Options

hi toady ๐Ÿธ

that was kind, the ambulance- related comment I mean

ive hurt my back a bit nothing too major, maybe had the fan on too high a setting and caught a bit of a bit of a draught

had some paracetamol and had a bit of sleep, not much though

am more or less ok now thanks

but just doing minimal posting atm

just ordered some choc oat crumble biccies- I blame your good self lol only joking ๐Ÿ˜‚

you canโ€™t avoid disturbing things though toady theyโ€™re happening all the time, even if you stay at home

but i understand, can be diff to deal with

bye tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi again Toni ๐ŸŒบ

my backs hurting a bit but otherwise ok thanks

LA - isms, I like that word lol

yes poor granny was banned from the party

Iโ€™ve had paracetamol for back but need to rest it now

just wanted to say LA isnโ€™t keen on carrots - maybe heโ€™s spent too long on Pinterest? lol

bye Toni good night tc xx

• frogmorton
    edited 5. Apr 2023, 05:44
    Options

Morning everyone

Cleaning the cafรฉ floor for us....

Morning Joan yes the Dr was lovely really nice from Stoke and had been out to Afghanistan so knew plenty about infections. Hopefully Lucy will be feeling a bit better today. How are you and Sue? Heard anything about your scan yet? Have a good day ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi hope you are feeling well today? Has your back improved at all with rest and paracetamol?

Loved the dishwasher pic! That used to be me! ๐Ÿ˜

That ice hotel looks amazing! Not even real and so coooool! We will need that and even more so if we get another summer like last year.

Easter Monday oops I think I got it wrong. So if LA comes it is likely to be group days๐Ÿ™„ Shame no -one was at yesterday's group is it maybe the school holidays affecting some?๐Ÿค” At least you got out though which is important.

Hope you won the battle of the bathroom (shower!)?๐Ÿ›€

Good to hear your Mum is doing ok I bet she is really looking forward to having LA to stay. I bet your sister is too. BR though? I wonder whether his misses his big bro or enjoys getting Mummy and Daddy all to himself.

Definitely they are LA-isms! ๐Ÿ˜€ bless him

Take care ((()))

Morning Toady who was in early again yesterday - what is going on?????๐ŸคจI hope you are well?

I think it's the light in the room which changes the colour of the paint. I really do - in this room it can be pinky or straw which is what I actually chose๐Ÿ™„ it just doesn't suit your room so repainting is the best thing. Oooh you will be up to City and Guilds standard will you? Double D distinction for you!

The late night pharmacy trawl was at least successful and really worth it I did not want Lucy's infection getting any worse. To be honest we need to be extra careful in the garden with our meds and always wear gloves. Sleek did bring my seed catalogue over did she?! The cheeky puss! and she wants you to plant catnip! You can't encourage cats๐Ÿ™„ I have it as you know with sage and lavender to keep teh buns from getting near to my veggies as a kind of barrier.

We will indeed need to grow our own toms this year they are too expensive and too elusive. Sleek has finished her doughnut thank you she shared it with Kari's Mrs Darcey, both had sugary whiskers๐Ÿ˜ฝ

Forget Mrs K's Coronation cakes! Cheeky things not even a few measly red white and blue sprinkles? Hummmph๐Ÿ˜  Mind you you do need the extra calories don't you so get em down you!

I got outside again yesterday which was lovely some weeding done and a smile on my face.

Take care have a good day.

posh breakfast

• bosh
    Options

Hi everyone

wppl xx

ps easter is approaching scary - bill is packing his appetite nice rejuvenating face surgery tho ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) How are you (()) love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) would your walls be magnolia thatโ€™s what we have. I think itโ€™s cold in the mornings. Have a good day.

Barbara (()) I hope everything is alright (()) love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancรฉ (())

Toni (()) yes Lucy has to be careful she doesnโ€™t need any infections. No I havenโ€™t heard about the scan yet. How is your friend getting on she has done so well (()) love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day love to your mum (()) try not to worry.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi Toni

how are you?

ive got b test today - just normal one - backs a lot better just a bit stiff thanks ๐Ÿ™

bfn tc xx

• toady
    edited 5. Apr 2023, 10:32
    Options

Hi all ๐Ÿ˜Š early for me again but no sunshine to work by unfortunately ๐Ÿ˜•

Yes it is a bit unnerving to see me to post at this hour I expect frog ๐Ÿ˜„ but I am trying to get into a slightly better ways as otherwise I would have reasons to be online morning afternoon & evening, so am splitting it into on/off sessions. Cross not to have any chance of a gardening slot today though, it will be drizzling all day, and cold with it ๐Ÿ˜ฅ yesterday was so nice. the mice were practically skipping across the lawn to see me rather than sticking to their corner. Today was just a quick scuttle out (me, I mean) with food and back in again for tea & crumpets. But, guess what, I have seedlings - two! - and they are (smiley chuckle, Carol Klein-style) - verbena bonariensis! ๐Ÿ˜„ maybe they are just the start & the next warm bit will see things put on a bit of a sprint. I still have fungus gnats this year ๐Ÿ™„ so most things are having to go outdoors whether they like it or not, can't be doing with the pesky little things twinkling round me. Talking of pesky I was not helped yesterday by a wasp joining me halfway through my painting ๐Ÿ˜ฎ behind a net curtain luckily, had to hope it stayed there til I reached a stopping point and could open the window, thankfully it did. And the painting was 10 times better workmanship-wise ๐Ÿ˜€ well 9 times, and that will do. Phew. Have finished my Easter post too. What are you up to for Easter, any local doings, or plans of your own? ๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฃ Hope you have a good day and Lucy is getting on ok on the anti's. Yes I suppose I should ignore cake decorations or lack of & just think of the cals ๐Ÿ˜„ I didn't buy any of Mr K's they are not what they even used to be and were never exactly wholesome were they, I buy the occasional apple pie but they weren't on offer haha. Love to all and I will borrow housework kitty please, I have trivial, I mean important, stuff to do so couldn't possibly be expected to mop floors too ๐Ÿ˜‰ xx

Hello joan, I haven't got magnolia it's similar tone but lighter again - it's what I did the landing in so I hoped it would just carry on into this room but didn't look right so I went back to white. With the light from the window it looks similar to the landing now anyway as it's not a brilliant white. At least it went better yesterday ๐Ÿ˜€ now I just have some much smaller walls to do. Yesterday I saw at least 9, possibly 10 magpies! all on one roof, behind here. I don't know what you count for 10, the rhyme only goes up to 7 ๐Ÿ˜„ count 7 and start again maybe? Have a good day will be nicer after tomorrow (that will bring all the lawnmowers out over Easter though ๐Ÿ˜•). Love to both xx

Hi bosh, that was an ooky food pic yesterday ๐Ÿ˜ฑ Mr Potato Head doesn't look at all happy with his breadsticks, does he, maybe he was hoping for choc oat crumbles too ๐Ÿ˜‚ oh dear I've been a bad biscuit influence, I bought some very plain gluten-free oatcakes in my recent shop so I might redeem myself with those ๐Ÿ˜‰. No Easter eggs either, couldn't bring myself to pay the prices, such bad value. Sorry there was no-one much at group but yes a change anyway. I went to the postbox last night and had to pass 2 dogwalkers, one car pulling up by me, and 2 boys on bikes, on the pavement, no lights, both ways - just to-ing & fro-ing ๐Ÿ™„. Can't a person have the whole street to themselves, it's not much I ask. ๐Ÿ˜„ Will have to go again later hope it's not too wet. Not much else going on with me. Oh I meant to say, the Doctor Who I was listening to (where the Doctor regenerates back into himself/ the 12th), well that's apparently an AI voiced production ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I still can't quite believe it can be, but that's what it seems to say, if so it's scarily good. Driverless buses in Scotland too from next month, the future is here, yikes ๐Ÿ˜ฌ. Have a good afternoon ๐Ÿ‘‹ good luck with bloods or the giant leech, to re-use your phrase xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady ๐Ÿธ

how are you?

I just wanted to say great re - usage of giant / massive leech lol

but I will not go on a leech - fest related digression as wouldnโ€™t want to scare Toni ๐Ÿ˜€

it was a hospital blood test so no vampire nurse situation there ๐Ÿ‘

Do you like the taste of plain oatcakes?

gtg for now will bbl x