Val's Cafe

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,093

Good Morning Everyone

Toady (()) have a good day with no problems. Good luck with any auctions.Yesterday our gardener who does painting when he can’t cut grass came while we were having dinner I get so embarrassed I try to hide. He was painting the door frames so all the doors had to be open. He said he was coming on Thursday.

Barbara (()) have a good day love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) I’m sorry you slipped over again it shakes you up. That’s good you haven’t got more injuries (()) perhaps you’re having a go at being Frank Spencer. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day thank you for the photos love to your mum how is she (())

Skinny Keef (()) have a good day take things steady. Loanda does a good job (()) love to Sucr’e (())

Charlestown (()) have a good day. You did a good job taking puss to the vet.

take care
    joan xx
  • Skinny Keef
    Skinny Keef Member Posts: 1,138

Crikey Toni. Hope you are okay. I seem to get a millisecond warning whenI am going and tend to land very well these days, falling on ice is a different kind of falling though. Often with a hard landing. Hope you feel better soon.

morning everyone.

unfortunately got the start of a bad head today. I slipped in the bathroom in the night and jarred my neck so to be expected today.

laters everyone.

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,363

Hi all 👋

Gosh frog this is not what we want, you going over like that 😱 what a horrid fall, nasty spiteful ice 😖 do hope you are none the worse, bruises perhaps but definitely still ok 'upstairs'! Poor you. It was nothing like as icy as that here, so sorry you fell foul of it. Sleek was concerned she did not stop too long she wanted to get back and check on you. Tommy seems philosophical about being temporarily parentless, perhaps he is of the 'saucer half full' mentality 😄. Hope Sleek makes you rest up & take care x. Have done very little today and what I have done I've mostly made a muck of so I am going to sit in the corner here where I can't do any harm, hopefully. Bags I the pot of tea with the cable knit cosy 😊. Room for another one will get you a couple of cushions 👍️☕️ xx

Joan I would be very cross about the lawn/painting man coming on the wrong day 😠 and I would be hiding as well given half a chance. I had someone turn up like that once and say oh I thought I told you, which was just nonsense - what it often boils down to is it suits them to come at such and such a time, and you don't matter 🙄. Hope you had a quieter day today. No auctions for me and nothing to pack either. People in next door though, ther's no such thing as peace & quiet is there 🤨. Love to Sue careful if you go out tomorrow, nice pink sky out there now actually, it might not be so bad by then :) xx

Hi to bosh, hope you're having a good day. Sorry group was rather awkward 😔 especially with nice M not having a good time of things one way & another (I hope the £50 was the end of it, and the person can't access anything else of hers?). Such a shame 😕. The cat looking through the venetian blinds is me today but not spying on any fights, just the fact someone has been in and out of the neighbours' twice, eek. No noise or disturbance today thanks not in the mood. Not as cold I don't think.. but it was pretty chilly first thing before the sun came out at all, after that it was tolerable. Right kettle on, and where's the biscuits? I mean, might there be any biscuits by any chance, where are my manners 😳. Have a good evening hope everyone well :) xx

Keef not you as well, slipping in the bathroom, sorry it jarred you hope it didn't set your head off too badly🤞. Yes quite happy not to go too far beyond my garden gate these days, can only hope any new neighbours when I get them stay behind theirs as well 😬 sadly don't have an actual front gate, the gardens are just onto the pavement here, wish they were walled off it might deter every tom dick & harry from wandering up to ask if you want your drive/garden/hedges/roof/gutters doing 🙄. Have a good afternoon what's left of it :) x

Hello @Charlestown glad you have some decent shops & banks etc, ooh I'd love a handy B&Q 👍️ only have one of those silly post offices in a shop arrangements here. Also the moved my GP a mile further away right at the start of the covid, just when you couldn't use public transport as easily, that was most helpful 🙄. Glad you made it back from the vets with no worse than a flesh wound 🤭 you are totally right, animals don't know what's going on and why should they go along like a lamb, every instinct will tell them to get away and unfortunately you couldn't even assure them don't worry it's lovely at the vets, it very often isn't 😬. Have a good evening :) x

Love to all 😘 xx

• Skinny Keef

Hey Toady same here. No banks left. Police station (my first posting as a young traffic officer was to that station) is gone and is now flats. I was particularly annoyed and upset about that. We have about 5 turkish barbers and charity shops and food takeaway places. At least we still have a couple of decent supermarkets. My bank in the next town has gone as well which means going to Colchester and the out of town branch where I could park my bike on the pavement right outside has closed so it’s High Street only now, which until I got my blue badge was pedestrian only. Fortunately I am allowed down the High Street with a blue badge, finding a free disabled spot is another matter.

all D&G again lol.

I don’t like going out anyway. I rode about half a mile to go watch Sucré in the pool with Loanda and back and had no choice but to lie down when I got home as the pain was incredible. ☹️☹️

at least my head calmed down this afternoon.

how are you now Toni?

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,708

Hi Toni

greetings from the sauna

how are you this evening?

im sorry to hear that you fell and hit your head on ice and concrete! Are you ok now? Do you maybe need to see the nurse in the GPs’ surgery? Just to make sure you’re 100% ok?

well you take it easy anyway, if the weathers bad I sometimes walk inside the house, maybe you could put some music on or something like that and try that instead for some days

no ice here thankfully, I took quite a long time leaving the house with heating issues and so on, so I walked maybe about 10.15 am and with the right coat on 👍

and felt reasonably comfortable thanks 🙏

mum is ok thanks

I’m going to the dentist tomorrow but don’t worry, nothing serious, I think a filling came out my mouth when I was eating, it wasn’t painful, just a bit of a rough sensation on top of one tooth, so hopefully a fairly painless filling replacement is all that’s needed, that’s what I’m hoping for anyway, but even if I’m wrong we are indeed made of strong stuff you and I lol💪

NHS dentist for me, don’t tell snobbish Bill, he may not let me into the MH mansion again lol

Yes poor nice M, yes the internet guy sounds dodgy there’s no doubt, but she actually lent her card to a female flatmate who is a drug addict asking her to just buy some milk or something like that, but the flatmate used her card to take cash out and bought illegal drugs instead, that’s how unwell nice M is unfortunately, she trusted this person with her PIN number.

I agree the age difference is a personal thing and not really the worrying issue here, I think RR is a bit like Bill in a way, Bill was definitely spoiled as a kid and talks without thinking, but not in a cruel way, unlike RR, who’s definitely “in a league of his own” as they say 😡

ok am taking a break and stretching

bye for now Toni tc xx

• bosh

Hi Toni

yes maybe LA and Bill himself are the culprits for the biccie - indoctrination haha

nice toast pic the way but I had better not take marmalade sandwiches to the dentist

not until I buy a suitable suitcase for the occasion through the media of toady and nosegay that is

also a very appropriate tea cosy 👍

I may have mentioned this before but LA and BR watch theses quite frightening Lego - based kids programmes featuring these scary monster cobras or something like that, even an “adulk” like me found them a bit scary- I don’t know who’s bright idea it was to make cobra - viewing a necessity for littleys - maybe that’s Bill’s “real work” the mind boggles, well there’s a reason they call me mima the mongoose, I can kill snakes if necessary but not before a jam - rich brekkie including earl grey with soya milk in a suitable cup of naturally, that wouldn’t be civilised ☕️

have a nice evening Toni tc xx

ps nighttime snack, let’s pretend it’s made with vegan egg replacement sorry Toni, Bill’s in the kitchen again- don’t have nightmares 😱xx

• bosh

Hi Joan

how are you both doing today?

you’re welcome about the pics

I'm not too bad thanks

dentist tomorrow but I’m not in pain

mum is ok 🙏

have a nice night bye tc xx

hi Charlestown

How are you?

im ok thanks

thats interesting that you take multivitamins, the doc did put me on vitamin D but that was a while ago now

yes bread with butter is very delicious

yes someone stole from my friend she has bipolar as do I , but hers isn’t under control unfortunately, she lives in a kind of sheltered accommodation, but there’s not always someone helping her to be honest which is a shame and worrying

Have a nice night tc xx

ps sweet potato pancakes xx

• bosh

Hi toady

how are you?

so you have mutated into feline form?

I can’t say I blame you, a bowl of gourmet cat food and no need to worry about the high glycemic index of your favourite biccies, don’t worry I know you always request them nicely lol

glad you didn’t have too much ice

mum is ok thanks

well I think nice M is safe in the sense that if she changes her PIN she’ll be fine, but the fundamental problem is that she’s trusting everyone and I feel that a nurse or healthcare worker should be guiding her and although I value the NHS without any doubt, the way she’s living- well I won’t go into a depressing monologue that could be misinterpreted but you know what I’m trying to say, things aren’t easy for her

dentist for me tomorrow but I’m not in pain just a filing fell out probably

have a good night toady SK and everyone tc xx

ps just a “random” funny image xx

• toady

Morning all, just having what for me is an early cup of tea, well that was round 7, went to fetch bins in etc thought I'd call in & check up on things - no frog yet - hope you are ok 🤞😟 back later, see you all then xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,093

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) have a good day. Sue talks away to anyone who comes. I hope everything goes well for you today. Have a good weekend

Barbara (()) love to you and Mr B (()) have a good weekend. Love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) i hope you are alright (()) I hope your knee is not any worse. Have a good day and weekend. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day and weekend love to your mum (())

Skinny Keef (()) have a good day you did a worthwhile job. And Loanda (()) still does(()) have a good weekend and Sucr’e (())

thinking of you Charlestown (()) have a good weekend

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

Good morning everyone wppl xx

hope you’re ok Toni? xx

• Skinny Keef

has anyone had a pm from Toni. Anybody know how she is???

• toady

^ Just a thought, I did think I saw her online briefly when I first came in (wasn't 100% sure it could have been an old version of page or something) anyway I'm now wondering if she wrote her post but it didn't submit properly - it has been known. Hope so anyway. See you all later, bit cold and grumpy so knocking off for the afternoon in the hope of bucking up a bit later. 👍 x

• bosh

Hi Toni toady Joan SK and C

how are you all?

it’s been a bit of a day

i walked didn’t have enough rest

went to dentist

got temp filling

am still alive but have just had gluco -zade

mum is ok 👍

I need to sleep before my head drops off

hope Toni is ok

bye for now all tc xx

• Skinny Keef

Migraine city here. Catch up tomorrow. Hope Toni okay. xx

• toady

Quick post from me too to say goodnight - had the aforementioned rest but still tired & grumpy so it didn't do a lot for me 😉

Bit of an irritating day, it seemed cold & not nice even though it wasn't that bad going by the thermostat etc. Haven't got a lot done, half put together a tiny bedside cabinet, you'd think it was a double wardrobe 😕 but didn't really have any energy to start with. Going down now for a hot drink & some supper & find a bit of tv maybe, did you find anything decent to watch @Charlestown ? Hope you have a good night and are less tired tomorrow too and back less trouble 👍️. Ooh all that polishing, well done bet it looks super. Meant to ask, what kind of a gardener are you? 🌱 I had so much trouble with snails this year I'm going to focus on things they hate, it was very dispiriting. x

Hello joan, hope you & Sue have had a good day, mine has just been a bit dull really but at least nothing too annoying. It's good that Sue is more chatty she can talk to people you don't really want to much, I find it hard to make conversation in situations where you are just making polite chat, rather than say what you are thinking which is often quite different! People don't really speak their minds much though do they. Probably just as well 😬. Have a good weekend love to both :) xx

Hi bosh, glad the dentist went ok but sorry you're not finished with, how long til next appt? Sounds like all of us in the cafe today needed extra rest, maybe it's been a funny old day that way 🤷‍♀️ I think sticking with the cat mutation would be a very good idea, lots of sleep, just wake up for the occasional cat biccy as you say, should have thought of it sooner 😄. Especially no chores. I had to sort out one of my mobile numbers I let it hibernate again 🙄 this time they let me reinstate it just on the non-human line, press 1 etc, hurrah I thought, except that doesn't restore the credit, another phone call I suppose - so what's the point 🤷‍♀️. But one bit of good news my meds are back in and on their way. Hope nice M did change her pin so that side of things is ok but yes you are bound to worry such a shame for a nice person to be in that situation 😔. Hope all family well today, see you soon :) x

'Night SK too, sorry about the migraine do hope it clears up a bit (a lot preferably ofc) with some sleep, I'm sure I'll be poking around in here myself at some point in the night it's that kind of a day, will leave a tea with your name on it 👍️ xx

• bosh

Hi toady

Sorry you didn’t get much done today

the next dentist appointment is on 20 th March, which might be an extraction

it was a nasty day I agree I think if I’d had just maybe 15 mins more sleep I would’ve coped with natural drinks

sorry toady I’m still tired, glad you got the meds sorted

have a good night, also Good night to SK and Charlestown xx

hopefully we’ll “see” Toni tomorrow

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,791

Morning Joan I'm ok thanks but gosh it hurt a lot! Every muscle in my body hurts from my neck to my stomach muscles shoulders too. There was an egg on my head and I have a bruise on my rear😳 The ice on the decking was so slippery it took my foot from under me and I whacked my head. Not good eh? I hope you two kept safe at least? ((())) xxx

Morning Skinny K

I do hope D&G has eased off today? How was your neck? Mine is ok I actually think, but good job it wasn't you (or Paul or Reshmi) because my neck muscles are incredibly sore.

Ice is nasty I agree I think i was very lucky my brain must be so small there's lots of room to wobble about!

I know what you mean about Turkish barbers - since when were men so vain? Have you forgotten the vape, tanning and nail shops? No wonder no-one can afford to buy a house I mean we had none of that to spend moneyy on did we?

I miss all the local police stations I felt safer in those days. I bet you were gutted about your first station becoming flats😔

Well done going to the pool at least Sucré will have loved that bless him.

Take care ((()))

Morning Reshmi

How are you today and your Mum too? I will be thinking of you at the dentist today. Kari went yesterday and had a filling put back in without even a jab so in and out and feeling fine straight away. No pain at all. I hope for the same for you 🤞Gosh yes no marmalade butties to the dentist! Floss like mad before you go - we all do don't we?😁

I see so RR was judging poor nice M. The money was taken by a flatmate. I hope she has changed any numbers she needs to on the card if she gave her her pin? I absolutely think she needs to be with her Dad much safer while she gets better. She is vulnerable. The younger BF too can disappear, but if he is harmless the age difference is her business as you said. Perhaps we can send a lego monster to get rid?

Thank you so much for your concern about my fall I do think I was lucky. Honestly I thought I had done real damage for a bit. My recently widowed friend is a nurse she checked me over seems I am ok just bumps, bruises and some very sore muscles. Not to take anti-inflams, as they thin the blood, for a day or so. If I had a head injury any bleed could be made worse. Interesting eh?

I am not sure I like the sound of scary lego monsters really! Lego used to be harmless in our day didn't it?

It's hard to imagine sweet like BR demanding anything without being put up to it by stronger male influences in the household. I stand by my assertion. The boy is innocent glad you agree.

I can have this omelette

It's a vegan gram flour one. Harder work to make but oh so tasty!

Morning Toady.

Gosh yes Sleek made a fuss and made Tommy sit on my lap so i couldn't move! She had Pepe's Drs kit out and I was given a thorough examination like it or not. Bless her I think I scared her to be honest as i was only a few steps outside the back door checking for the Fox for her safety. Cats don't seem to fall do they?

We still have ice here, but looks like less. Oh Toad my knee(s) still hurt but now every muscle from my neck to my groin is sore too! What a pillock I am🙄😳

Paul had a day like you yesterday. Everything took twice as long and was done twice as badly as normal. Bless you both i hope today is better.

Thanks for the cushions I am glad you liked the tea cosy but what about this one?!

Oh Tommy had the neighbours wrapped around his paw so probably getting fed everywhere!!!! Definitely a hald full bowl kind of cat.

Take care Toady 😊

Morning Charlestown

I think you are very wise to stay in ATM it's still a bit lethal out there today here.

You sound as though you have more than enough to do inside at home.

I am desperate to get in my garden too just to relax outside is so good for us isn't it? But soon we can start some seedlings off. I can see my crocuses from my window😊 that at least makes me smile.

I'm glad your cats are ok, but not that you are scratched to pieces! It's the all 4 paws clinging on they do with their crates isn't it?! Oh yes but once they are jabbed they get back in their carriers meek as anything don't they?!

Take care

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,791

I worried anyone yesterday especially after whacking my head the day before. I was fine the post just didn't send see above.

Joan thanks I'm ok my knee is getting better I think I didn't make it any worse at least! Did you and Sue get out yesterday? The weather was quite nice here. Hope you ahve a good weekend. ((())) xxx

Dear Skinny K! Thank you so much for your genuine concern I am so sorry I worried you, but it was just the post didn't 'send' obviously i didn't press 'post comment' as well as i thought😳

You had my total sympathy all day yesterday too as whacking my head, didn't set my neck of completely, but the muscle everywhere especially the neck ones were just so sore! Headache persisted yesterday too. Today I feel a bit better.

Paul is off and you have Loanda so maybe we should take advantage and be looked after a bit?

You can be entertained by Sucré's antics too🙂

Take care ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi

Well done surviving the dentist. Sounds as though it all went ok. I am glad not so glad you have to go back in march though and for a possible extraction too. You'll have to get your sister to pay for a replacement implant. Sorry i never did ask how is she doing after hers?

How is your Mum too is her bs ok?

At least you walked - I did too with my sister. Not too far and very much on the flat. I think any walk is better than not walking don't you?

We had to go OUT last night too😣 a foodbank event fundraiser. Such a good cause so we forced ourselves to go. I was very glad to get home in my bed in the end.

Take care and thank you for caring yesterday ((())) xxx

Morning Toady - you did see me I was here and as you suspected needed to click twice on the 'send' button🙄 Typical.

I am so sorry to have worried anyone. I am ok gradually recovering although gosh these muscles must have been jarred!

Well done sorting out your meds! Phew! That's a relief and rescuing your telephone number too.

Sleek said she'd been and she was talking about people in the café wondering where I was too, but i didn't realise the post was still sat here😣 Anyway she's on her way, but wants to suggest she goes to the chippy tonight and pick up chips and erm mushy peas for you maybe a cheese and onion pasty! I hope you're up for it she seems quite excited.

I managed my walk with Kari we noticed quite a lot of new growth in nature so are feeling a sense of hope for this coming year. Hope it's not misplaced. I am going to use my free gardener's world seeds the kale ones for definite.

Take care

Sorry to you didn't get yesterday's cuppa!

Morning Charlestown Hope you're ok today?

See how lovely everyone is here to worry about me like that. I am thoroughly ashamed of myself failing to post my message.

I was very interested to read your gardening exploits we post pics often myself and Toady of what 'comes up' (or fails to!) I know you can post pics so hope we'll see some of your plants soon too.

Our garden is very exposed although I have planted about 3 years ago now two more trees to try to help with that it's not a quick process. It's also sunny so often very dry. We put in an arch last year and a pergola the year before that to begin to create shade, but ours is very much a work in progress.

Take care and enjoy your programmes on TV!

• bosh

Good morning everyone wppl xx

glad you’re ok Toni xx