Great Easter bash and skull Yorkshire puddings there

I hope you and your family have a nice night tc x

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,121
    Options

hi toady

How are you?

An inaugural tin of baked beans I love it

No indigestion after drinking decapitated doll”s head tea I take it?

Well that’s definitely something👍

Interesting info about the Easter eggs 🙏

I’d meant to write you a message much earlier than this but various people wanted my attention oh well - such is life

I also ate some chocolate today but also not in Nigel F style lol

Mum and I are ok thanks

But royalty - sorry EF - are coming tomorrow so I’ve been tidying and mums been cooking - dads been shouting- which is the hardest job of course
    yes I can open all the tins on the planet now, or even the universe maybe?

Hope you enjoyed the Dr Who - watching?
    have a good night toady tc xx

Ps special Easter egg for you lol xx

• bosh
    edited 31. Mar 2024, 21:07
    Options

hi Toni

I forgot to say I love the cheese car

But will it melt in the summer? maybe I should buy some special ice cube - tyres? Haha

Have a nice night Toni and take care xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,466
    edited 1. Apr 2024, 05:50
    Options

Morning Joan. I am so sorry poor poor Sue. Kari had her gallbladder out it really helped a lot I hope they can help Sue. It was keyhole and she came home the same day I think. Please send her my love ((())) xxx Lucy reckons she has chickenpox I'm not going to go I asked her to send me some photos. If I catch it I can't see Charley and Annie because Annie is carrying their baby! yup I am going to be a Granny!!! Hope that news cheers you both up ((())) xxx

Everyone I have news. Some of you might have suspected this but I am going to be a Granny for the first time. Charley and Annie are expecting a baby! So now you all know why I have been crocheting:

Morning Reshmi well here goes it's Monday so LA is on his way! Hope you are all ready for the arrival of the tiny tyrant🙂

How are you though yourself? Feeling ok and your Mum too - is her bs level?

Looked like the preparations were already wearing you out though so hope your energy levels are back today.

I can imagine BR falling asleep in the pictures I do it all the time myself. Bless his little cotton socks I hope he didn't wake up with a stiff neck though.

The Easter egg hunt I am sure LA will do really well hope he enjoys himself. Such good fun isn't it? I used to do one for my girls complete with clues it was great fun. The bunnies were out here in the garden on Saturday it was such a lovely sight.

Take care and if you get time hear from you tomorrow.

Love the easter egg pic thank you and well i was thinking maybe an igloo garage for the cheesy car?😁

((())) xxx

Morning Skinny K how are you? I hope your neck is ok today at least a bit better. Don't worry if you feel grumpy.

That Easter dinner looked amazing! Enough to feed an army never mind 3 of you including a certain cheeky monkey.

Those yorkshires! Wow! Brilliant I love them. Considering how rubbish you felt you did a great job for them and I am certain they loved their Easter chocs too.

Sending you some ((())) xxx

Morning Charlestown.

Hmmmm somebody overdid it yesterday! Well I hope you recovered ok overnight? The cottage pies look fabulous we only had vegan hotdogs we were so busy. You and Keef put me to shame.

All I did was the coffees at the Church service yesterday morning (along with helping keep the foster-babies happy at the service and then delivered my share of the village magazines. Glad I did it yesterday as it's wet outside now.

That tea sounds really good. Is it decaf? I am happy to try it. The chai latte is fabulous I had another yesterday please remind me to check the calories….

Confession time….Paul had his jet washer out continuing to clean the slabs round the side now so my lovely neighbour (in her leccie w'chair) can get round safely. The slope is green. But gosh it's noisy. You kept teh balls the grown man kicked over? Well done you! Definitely back 'o the net!!!!

Take care ((()))

Morning Toady yes wasn't that the loveliest sight? P's honesty I love it so much. Her house still hasn't sold so it's up for rental again hopefully that will be enough to give her daughter respite from worrying about it.

Oh yes balls definitely balls the twins next door are now that age born during the original lockdown to kick them over the wall on that side. Ah well if I am outside I don't mind throwing them back.

Now I made no less than 20 cups of coffee yesterday and that did not include the children of which there were about 7 maybe and a few people did not partake. Sorry no urn we have two airpots like this:

Modern urns really each makes about 15- 18 cups.

You are trying catazon prime? Yes I have that too just remember you must spend £20 to get free delivery although fast delivery you can have with any spend. Look at Sleeks wishlist it's longer than her tail!🐈️Plenty to chose from. She wants a cat sized jenga set appartently. Also if it's raining with you? (Started here around 4pm yesterday) she loves a game of scrabble. She reckons all those activities will bring Mabel on.

Chicken sounds? I love it! cock a doodle-do!!!!!!!!! I could do that definitely. Did I tell you the buns were out Saturday in the sun? What a lovely sight and that Paul has broken a pane of glass in my greenhouse with his bloomin strimmer? I do not know what to say. Not sure how we replace them either.

Well hope today dries up here and is ok for you too and you get outside.

Oh yes!

WHITE RABBITS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• bosh
    Options

good morning everyone

Happy easy Monday

wppl xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,945
    Options

Good morning everyone

Sue saw the Doctor this morning he said he was sorry he would drain the abscess tomorrow and go from there. He hasn’t said about the gall stones.

Toady (()) have a good day. Do you know when your parcels get to the place’s.

Toni (()) That is good news Annie and Charley must be so excited all the best to them and the little one (()) sorry to hear about Lucy (()) I hope she’s not too bad. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day love to your mum (()) take care

Skinny Keef (()) have a good day I hope your pain isn’t too bad (()) love to Sucr’e (()) and Loanda (())

Charlestown (()) have a good day you have done a lot now you need a break.

Love to Barbara and Kitty (())

take care
    joan xx
  • Netty46
    Netty46 Member Posts: 6
    Options

Happy Easter Monday Everyone. I only joined yesterday.

• bosh
    Options

hi Toni

How are you?

Happy Easter Monday

Mums bs was borderline but she’s ok now thanks

I don’t know when I will be allowed to rest

Tidying up yesterday wouldn’t have been so tiring if mum had let me do it in a few stages but she panicked

I’m very tired but ok thanks

LA said he will be an adulk when he’s 7 years old

More on that later if I remember

Bye for now Toni tc xx

Ps just a funny pic - not offensive of course xx

• frogmorton
    Options

Hi @Netty46 Welcome to the café the kettle is always on you can eat anything you like it's all calorie free.

We are all a bit mad on this thread just pop in for a natter don't worry about understanding all of our chatter just join in you are very very welcome

Toni x

• bosh
    edited 1. Apr 2024, 15:01
    Options

hi toady Joan SK and C

How are you all?

👋Joan I’m glad the doc is treating Sue on Tue, although I don’t know why she can’t have the treatment today

Keep strong 🤗

Hi everyone else

My stomach is heavy after all the rich food

And my eyelids are heavy but I doubt I’ll be allowed to sleep

Bye everyone, remember if the chocolate’s gone, it’s because toady’s sold it on nosegay

Only joking tc xx

Ps my bro in law may have eaten all the choc - but at least he’s apologetic lol xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,156
    edited 1. Apr 2024, 17:31
    Options

Hi all 😊 nice day out there, really very nice indeed. Have followed everyone's example and hung out a line of washing, followed by making vegetarian cottage pie - no 'Yorick-shire' puddings though 💀😳 I know, I know, groan.

Congratulations all round frog 😊 love to everyone & very best wishes 😘. But chicken pox, no no 😔 poor Lucy, yes she must be kept at the end of a very very long arm's length. Hope she is ok 🤞. Church duties done (ah, a newfangled urn, hmm that's all very well but does it have that lovely hot metal & steam smell 🤔) and hopefully a quiet day for you.. in the garden.. contemplating your greenhouse 😬 oops, well strimmers are the devil's work, we all were just concurring, what can you expect. Oh dear, hope it isn't too fiddly to replace. Power washing the paving though, that's excusable, good cause 👍️. I have been out tidying & clearing around my runner bean (will be) patch, general weeding, & poking about. Supposed to be raining now, but isn't. Cat-sized jenga, oh count me in for that 😺 I know Sleek will play nicely to set a good example to Mabel 😄. Scrabble, omg, more of an ordeal than fun if you ask me but I will give it my best go 😬. Yes it is quite a long wish list, and the sub-section 'fish list' is quite lengthy too isn't it 😂🐟️. £25 min for catazon now I think 😕 which is why I have the trial when they offer it, saves all that 'what can I make the amount up with for £1.17 and do I want 5% off if I buy 4 things, I can only think of 3'. So glad you saw the dear buns 😍 they must be so happy to see some sun 🐰🌞. Have a good evening & love to all 👋 :) xx

Hello joan, thank you for news of Sue, wish she didn't have to wait any longer than necessary 😧 but today is well through now, I hope all goes well tomorrow 🤞. Yes I can track most parcels all the way there, it tells you where they are now & when they're delivered, the German one cleared customs on Sat, it will set off again after the Bank Hol that will have held it up. Thinking of you both 😘 xx

Hi bosh, I love the Tardis egg, 'that's brilliant' as the 10th Doctor would say, thank you 😀. Served me right for talking about Nigel Farage as I went on to dream about him 😱 well nightmare, he lived next door and had cut down a tree in my garden; in dreams like that I am always arguing my point on & on to no avail, 'how would you like it' etc, he was just totally unapologetic 😣. Ugh. Anyway yes I did enjoy my Doctor Who afternoon and may do the same again in a minute, very cathartic if you watch the sad ones and good escapism if you watch lighter ones, so all good. Apart from certain series 🤨. Sorry you have had to do speed-tidying 😬 you could try arguing it is really an hour earlier so there is plenty of time, but it wouldn't work, would it 😔. Good luck for any more family doings and I hope that's the worst of the rich food over with. Kettle on for me now, no doll's heads today it's an acquired taste 😄 might try Charlestown's suggestion instead, vanilla & nutmeg 😴. Such lovely anemones in the pretty picture 😊. Have a good evening hope LA enjoys his choc expedition 👍️ xx

Wave to SK hope things going as well as possible at yours 👋 xx

Hope you are having a good day too Charlestown, and your ankles are ok, take it easy when poss 🤔 good luck if you go compost shopping tomorrow, taters go go go 😄 I will get mine in soon I hope. Brilliant story about the footballing neighbour, I love it 😂 xx

Hello & welcome to @Netty46 , pleased to 'meet' you, hope things are as well as possible with you today ☕️ :) xx

• dachshund
    Options

Reshmi I just heard on the news you can buy Chedder cheese ice cream at Wookey hole. Have a good evening

Welcome Netty (())

take care
    joan xx
  • Charlestown
    Charlestown Member Posts: 226
    Options

@frogmorton it works 👍worth every penny!

• Charlestown
    Options

hi everyone

Been resting all day will catch up in comments & chat tomm. Xx

• Skinny Keef
    Skinny Keef Member Posts: 1,025
    Options

congratulations Toni xx

The feast was for 5 😁

• bosh
    Options

hi Toni

Sorry was in suffering from EF - phobia this morning

I completely missed your news about being a granny!

Congratulations that’s brilliant news 🤗

Bye for now tc xx

• bosh
    Options

hi Joan

That’s very funny about the ice cream

Thanks, you have a good evening / night too tc xx

• Skinny Keef
    Skinny Keef Member Posts: 1,025
    Options

hey Reshmi, not to bad thanks for asking. 😁

How are things there?

• bosh
    Options

hi toady

You dreamed of Nigel F living next door?! Oh dear, that would turn anyone into an insomniac lol

I managed to walk before the onslaught of EF which made a great difference to my mood tiredness and stress levels, as for rich food - well it depends on those capricious oracles tonight but thanks for thinking of me

Tomorrow is choc excavation or whatever it’s called lol, which involves going to a cafe in the museum whether I like it or not, I’ve not been to that particular place before so that’s a source of worry in itself, “forewarned being forearmed” and all that, also lunch plans are uncertain as it will of course be “peak littley time” in the town centre, im hoping we can just go home and eat a simple lunch, but if LA shouts “chicken nuggets at McDs!” this very command may be granny’s Achilles’ meal - or heel - haha, well you know what I mean

Have a good night toady and tc xx

👋 Toni sorry forgot to mention that when LA is a seven year old adulk, he will have his own house and car, also he’ll let BR live with him, but he won’t take money from him for the accommodation as BR is his brother 😂

ok bye for now Toni tc xx

Good night also to SK C and anyone else about tc xx

• Charlestown
    edited 1. Apr 2024, 21:27
    Options

good evening, i hope everyone has had a nice day 😀 rain all day today, not warm very dull day.im drinkng my bedtime tea then off to bed. Ive eaten all of both cottage pies i made 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️My son refused to have any so waste not want not. Will be a while before i make it again 🥴

Congratulations @frogmorton what fantastic news 💕so happy for you & yr husband. That blanket is beautiful, its perfect. You are so lucky u can crochet. I posted the tea above, yorkshire tea, bedtime tea nutmeg & vanilla cheap as chips & decaff too. The balls over the fence lol i chuck balls back for kids but not a grown man who is purposely doing it. I wanted him to knock on to shame him by asking him his age & thats hes asking for his ball back. The fact he never knocked proves i were right about him. Do u want 3 balls for the kids next door? Let me know al boot them yr way🤣 yes i did too much yest, my ankles were burning i still have immflamation but no vascular rash or swelling but tiny bit puffy feet yest its not fully gone yet & thats typical me doing too much so today a lazy day.those flask urns are great i think i looked at one on Pamazon it were £50 but they are great arent they 👍

@toady did u use quorn for the cottage pie? Ive had quorn i loked it u couldnt tell it wernt meat.Sounds like u had nice weather too, we didnt.i dried 2 full loads of washing yest im glad u managed to get yours done too. I inboxed u the tea its nice & it works. Yorkshire tea bedtime tea vanilla & nutmeg its decaff too.sounds like youve had a nice day 💕

@bosh how did the family feast go? Does yr mum cook everything from scratch? Is there a favourite of yours that she makes??? I bet the food is delicious. The house must have been hot with all the cooking 🤦🏼‍♀️I hope u had a nice day with yr family xx

@Skinny Keef are u having a day of rest today after the feast u put on yesterday?where did u get yr plates from if u dont mind me asking?

@dachshund why does yr sister have to wait for treatment? How is she? And also how are u? U must be so worried x

@Netty46 Hi. Happy easter. I hope youve had a nice weekend xx

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning Joan any news on Sue? Hopefully they are going to make her more comfortable today fingers crossed. You though you must be feeling so worried about her. Thinking of you both very much ((())) xxx

Morning Skinny K good to know it was for 5 did Nifnan come over? I bet everyone loved it it looked a lovely family spread. This must have been the first year Sucré really understood what Easter was about.

How are you doing now?

thanks for your congrats - could be you next, but your eldest is a lad so possibly be a bit longer yet.

Morning Reshmi

I hope you're well today and not too eggshausted? Your mum's bs is ok and no-one has had any lego related injuries to date?

Glad you got a walk in before excess EF it really does help doesn't it?

Well I am very impressed with LA leaving home and setting up on his own at 7. Even better that he is prepared to let his brother live with him and not charge him a penny in rent. He has a good heart.

I hope today's mad event goes well and I am sorry but I do thing you will be in maccies later I just can't see it not happening to be honest. After all the tiny scientist is on his holidays.

Thank you for your congrats.

take care ((())) xxx

Morning Charlestown

That tea is certainly worth a try thanks for the tip and it is decaf too.

Thanks for your congrats I have time to get ready for the arrival, baby not due until October. The blanket took 3 weeks to make and was quite simple apart from the shells round the edge that was harder.

I would have wanted the bloke next door to ask for his ball back too just so funny a grown man still thinking he could play for England! Kick 'em down here if you want rid. The twin boys next door are only 4.

I hope you are resting abit now just get rid of that last bit of inflammation while you're still on the steroids. I have an airpot my friend P (who died a couple of years ago) she got me one for when I had builders here doing the garden. I filled it with iced water for them as they only drank water and squash it was summer and so hot.

Take care☺️

Morning Toady

Thanks for your congrats it will be fun I hope having someone small around again. The girls are so thrilled as you can imagine a very precious pregnancy.

Airpots are easier I think these days, but I am so sorry no 'urny' smell. Good thing is you can fill them at home ready and just take them over they have handles and are quite light.

Runner bean patch all done? Well done you. We had rain on and off but Paul did manage some more jet washing while the sun shone for a couple of hours. My main concern was about Sleek not cutting her paws🐾 on the glass from the greenhouse so keeping the door firmly shut for now.

Upshot is I didn't do much gardening only a little more weeding and then came inside to clean out the dyson which was very floofy. No idea why🤐

Be warned Sleek is very good at jenga having those tiny claws to gently push with. She never cheats she is good and thinks scrabble will help Mabel with her spelling.

Sleek's catazon list has been going for some years now and just grows. Subsection 'fish' well yes rather a lot there! You know what I hate is the attempt to get you on a monthly subscription for things. Lucy has one for litter liners fair enough (extra strong and biodegradable) but nothing else needs to be on a regular subscription surely? Hope you make the most of it Toady. Going to watch Monty tonight Paul is working late😊

Take care

• bosh
    Options

good morning everyone wppl xx

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Sue said she is having the Abscess done today. She never said about the gall stones.

Toady (()) how is your internet today. I hope you have a good day. We have the sun today but when I got out to take them for a walk it’s cold. Thank you for thinking about sue.

Toni (()) I’m so pleased you will be a lovely granny. Has Lucy got chicken pox. Thank you for thinking about sue. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) I hope you have a good day love to your mum (())

Skinny Keef (()) I hope you have a good day today and Sucr’e (()) and Loanda (())

Charlestown (()) I hope your ankles feel better today (()) sue having the abscess drained today they couldn’t do it before because of Easter. Thank you for thinking about her.

Love to Netty

Barbara and Kitty

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

hi Toni and toady Joan SK and C

How are you all?

Mum is ok 👍

Having tea and scones in town centre with mum

LA is in chocolate dig

👋 Joan,I hope Sue’s procedure goes ok🤗

Bye for now all tc xx

• Charlestown
    Options

afternoon 👍

Woke up with a headache 🥴the heating came on in the night do it must have got chilly in the night! im drinking my chai latte & ive never been off the phone today sorting stuff i couldnt do as bank hols easter weekend. Not going out today i cant be bothered im going to take some paracetamol & relax. Out tomm so hopefully get compost & get my taters in 😀 been sunny here feels quite warm out, pity ive missedmost of it.

Happy Tursday 💕