Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• Charlestown
    Charlestown Member Posts: 260
    Options

@frogmorton veg samosas ๐Ÿ˜‹my fave with the mint dip. I could eat them until i passed out!๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹

• Skinny Keef
    Skinny Keef Member Posts: 1,064
    Options

hello everyone. I was doing an easy dinner this evening, but then Anda asked for yorkie puds again.
    i have so much pain i can hardly move so doing dinner was a bit of a test of endurance.
    woke up at 1am with ear pain. My ear and bridge of my nose were hurting so much and I really have a bad inflamation flare. I am hoping it isnโ€™t polychondritis but suspect it is. Back at docs next week.
    Hope youโ€™re coping okay Dachshund. Thinking of you.
    The plates are Royal Stafford, Charlestown.

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

hi Toni

Ok LA true story as promised lol

I will embellish slightly but those embellishments will be obvious- such as LAโ€™s attire lol

LA sat down on the sofa in a headmasterly type of manner he put down his pipe and adjusted his tweed jacket and Then he said to my mum, โ€œlet me tell you a truth about my brother, he is very behind, heโ€™s not that bright you see, heโ€™s not like me, Iโ€™m getting worriedโ€
    My mother replied โ€œthat canโ€™t be right, BR is very bright itโ€™s just that heโ€™s younger than you, as people get older, They learn new things and gain knowledge, they become cleverโ€.

LA retorted, โ€œBut thatโ€™s not true at all granny, because you and BB are really oldโ€ then he shrugged his shoulders and added, โ€œ but youโ€™re not clever.โ€
    โ€œWhat about mima?โ€ my mum asked him curiously, he gave her a pensive look, but didnโ€™t say anything, granny read this as meaning, โ€œmima is a goddess after all, she canโ€™t be compared with you humans, her intelligence is almost without boundsโ€.
    LA then elaborated on his thoughts about cleverness, โ€œ Iโ€™m a lot cleverer than daddy, but Iโ€™m not as clever as mummy not yet but when Iโ€™m a young man Iโ€™ll be as clever as mummyโ€ - I guess that means heโ€™ll become Einstein by the time heโ€™s 7 years old- how very ookey ๐Ÿ˜ฑhaha

• bosh
    Options

hi again Toni

Iโ€™m rather warm but ok thanks

High pollen count today I think it was ookey anyway donโ€™t you think?

You know when you mentioned eyedrops I thought of something funny

I was going to say โ€œdonโ€™t mix eyedrops like you wouldnโ€™t mix drinksโ€ haha and please donโ€™t add some hot sauce into the mix - oh no sorry that last piece of advice was meant for bill ๐Ÿ˜‚

Yes the cleaners did some heavy jobs thanks, I donโ€™t think they did the windowsโ€™ inside but theyโ€™re usually quite helpful and do what theyโ€™re asked to do which helps a lot especially for mum indeed ๐Ÿ‘

LA is pretty fearless, he doesnโ€™t fear BB that much! Heโ€™s mainly just scared of his dad - despite his dad having inferior brain power of course! How funny, his dad shouts at him when heโ€™s too naughty, so does BB of course, but BB doesnโ€™t see him all the time, so maybe LA sees him as less of an authority figure.

Ok Iโ€™ll leave it there for now Toni have a good night tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady SK and C

Iโ€™m going to damage my eyes at this rate so Iโ€™ll just say good night all and take care xx

ps some goth tea for Loanda x

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,183
    edited 6. Apr 2024, 20:49
    Options

Hi all ๐Ÿ‘‹ running v late today trying to get a few things done, and a bit of extracurricular nosegay I wasn't expecting, so it's just a quick visit to see how we all are, and are weathering the storm ๐ŸŒช๏ธ

Certainly pretty lively out there, still, frog ๐Ÿ˜ฌ I expect you're glad you were not going out to the fundraiser tonight. Have done a few things but not got ahead of much, have put off al fresco should have been tomorrow, may be on short rations for a day or two (not really) but assure Sleek there will be doughnuts ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ. I surprised myself, finding out I'm a dab hand at Cluedo, probably says something about the way my mind works ๐Ÿ˜„. Hope all well with you & family & premises ๐Ÿคžhave brought in a few things from the garden everything else will have to manage. My tulips opened today, what a day to choose, so they are in my back kitchen at the mo, we don't all have a 'bus shelter' like Monty, sigh. At least it's one Friday where he won't know if we've skipped our jobs for the weekend, look at it that way ๐Ÿคญ. Hope you got some seeds sown and the weather will blow itself out a bit tomorrow, love to all :)

Hello Joan I'm glad you and Lexi & Pepper are looking after each other ๐Ÿ˜˜ and you have had kind visitors. It has been just as windy as they said here but have not had to go out. Thank you my hands don't bother me really, I just have the classic RA 'drift' in one, the other is more or less ok - I can do most things I just have to think a bit how to go about them sometimes. Very lucky they aren't painful. I will remember when your appt is. xx

Quick hello to bosh, I am so behind it will be definitely a catch up next time post from me. But was glad to have stories to read this evening with my cup of tea ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ I do hope bill is not privy to his son's system of rankings for the family intelligence ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜„. Have a good night see you soon :) xx

Hi Charlestown too, well done keeping some washing on the line, I considered it but didn't want to be hopping up & looking out every 5 mins to see if it had cut loose & was wrapped round the neighbours' aerial ๐Ÿ˜‚. Got a lineful of towels out of it yesterday though. Did a bit of painting, more on that story later, as they say. Catch up tomorrow, have a good night :) xx

Good luck with the appointment SK and hope things are a bit easier in the meantime, that's impressive cookery for not feeling too good, bowdown ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ. Hope everything ok round your way nothing blowing away/over/off. Wish you an ok night ๐Ÿคž xx

Love to all ๐Ÿ˜˜ xx

• Charlestown
    edited 6. Apr 2024, 21:51
    Options

@toady Hey friend ๐Ÿ˜€ i wondered where you were!! I have patio doors in my living that overlook my garden so i can see the chaos on the line. If i couldnt see it, i would not have pegged it out for that same reason ๐Ÿ˜€but it dried so im lucky really. Glad i dug those plants in theyre growing already. Have u buying or selling on nosegay? I like Cluedo & yes it must tell u something about the way u think. Youve been busy! Yesterday were wet & windy here. My painting has stalled atm. Where r u painting now? U can come & do mine ๐Ÿ˜€i will pay u in seeds & plants ๐Ÿคฃoh @ potatoes lol!

@Skinny Keef wow! You pulled it out the bag again i see!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘if yr in immense pain & cooking like that i take my hat off to you. Just shows how much inner strength you really have. Yes defo see yr gp & i hope u start getting some relief & peace of mind. I love the dinner set ๐Ÿ’•the yorkies are fab too ๐Ÿ’• did u make a crumble with yr son this time too???

Goodnight all. Glad u had fun with fam. Kids are funny arent they? @bosh @dachshund sleep well xx @frogmorton early night?too many samosas?๐Ÿ˜€

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    edited 7. Apr 2024, 05:54
    Options

Morning Joan How are you doing? I have a message from Dorcas remember her? She asked me to send her very best wishes you might remember she is a twin too. I am so glad you rang Barbara she is a lovely lady isn't she? I hope you'll ring her again now and have given her your number and email? How lovely to have flowers everywhere just lovely Sue would have loved that.

Now Sue told you to go to bed. You did as she asked her last instruction and you did what she wanted so that is right. No point doing the 'what ifs' and I am sure the hospital will have done their best. Really you will no more after the autopsy. It's possible if they had had time to do the procedure Sue might still not have made it.

Better than being hit by a car safe in a warm hospital with kind nurses. Also better than a long drawn out illness it was really very quick. I think that's why its so tough to understand it being so quick. Please take care ((())) xxx

Morning Charlestown

I hope those steroid flushes ease off soon they really are horrible aren't they? Bless you. Lucy is fine now doesn't have them at all although she has been warned that some of the chemos she was on might mean an early menopause for her.

Penelope did not take the charge so i am quite worried as we have a car rally on the 21st i think in Devon. She is due in the garage anyway for a service and mot on Friday๐Ÿ˜“ She is an old girl at 33 I suppose.

Well done getting your washing out. I didn't i was all caught up but spent some time gardening which was lovely if you can find a sheltered spot.

No mint dip for me it was milk in it, but I love samosas anyway they are so tasty aren't they?

Take care ((()))

Morning Reshmi

Hope you are ok today and your mum's bs is ok.

Lovely expression l will put it in the bank. Problem with me is the bank is more of a vault where l forget stuff!!!!

I loved the LA story it was so well written thank you very much it really made me smile. I hope the pipe was just for poetic reasons I'm sure he far too wise a tweed-coated gentleman to risk his health for a pipe. Am I right to imagine pince nez glasses too?

Oh dear me the young gentleman underestimates the intellectual abilities of his Grandparentsโ€ฆ..Where does he think his genetics originated from?

We are both speaking in very posh accents aren't we hahaha!

Right back to normal now I forgot (thanks for reminding me or rem-eyending me) I did ask the pharmacist who quite understood the pollen count issue (yes very problematic just now) and the 'dry eye' issue. He said we can use both on the same day but spaced apart. You are quite right never mix he said. Just give it a couple of hours between each.

If I was LA I would be terrified of BB and not at all of BIL although of course he lives with him so maybe that's it?

Take care and have a good day ((())) xxx

Morning Skinny K

I do hope you can get a Dr's appt really soon and be on the way to recovery. Your ears seem to have been teh first clue now looking back.

That dinner looked amazing as per usual. You did them proud and I see a sweet little boy's hands in the photo bless him.

Take care and let us know how you get on at the docs ((()))

Morning Toady hope all is well with Toad.

Had a good chat with next door yesterday she was full of apology for the boys throwing their balls over I hadn't said a word of complaint either. Although I am to look out for a welly too๐Ÿ˜.

I spent loads of time in the garden too it was great until the workhardo driver rang to ask if he could drop off early. It was very windy so I wore a woolly hat to try to keep my hair under some sort of control. Potted the toms on and planted some flower seeds for bedding for the village plant sale when it comes. Mostly tidying. Well saved! those tulips needed protection yesterday for sure.

I have been outside already with Sleek and it's still a bit blowy but not quite so bad.

She was thrilled that my food is already here so will bring treats with her not sure what she's chosen yet but her rucksack looks quite heavy. The catsi is due any minute. She is bringing the cluedo again.

Penelope is poorly! We will take a look today now we know the battery didn't charge and solve the problem.๐Ÿ˜•

Was GW worth watching without our hero? I am dubiousโ€ฆI will do my own jobs for the weekend like you this week.

Right best get ready for my walk..

Ivy full English above. Think I'd prefer Skinny's sunday lunch sans meat of courseโ€ฆ..

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,956
    Options

Good morning everyone thank you for your kind words.

Toady (()) sorry about your hands mine have lost their strength. I think itโ€™s all sent to try us. Have a good day. Take care.

Toni (()) Barbara and I text every day. Yes I remember Dorcas lovely lady how is she doing.
    Very true sue might not have made it. Iโ€™m not worried about it all Iโ€™m pleased sheโ€™s not in pain. She had her wish she didnโ€™t want to be left on her own. Thank you for letting me say things (()) I have my hospital appointment for the 2 May. Sorry about Penelope I hope she can be fixed for the rally. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) how is your mum (()) take care have a good day

Skinny Keef (()) sorry you are in so much pain (()) love to Sucrโ€™e (()) and Loanda (())

Charlestown (()) take care I go out on my mobility scooter we have lived here for over 20 years so I always see someone I know.

Love to Barbara (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

good morning everyone wppl

Iโ€™m taking refuge from house Vesuvius in cost a packet x

• toady
    edited 7. Apr 2024, 11:39
    Options

Morning all ๐Ÿ‘‹ drafting early while the internet is ok, hopefully all I'll need then is a minute to click post.

Morning frog, love that cat, how to feel like that in the mornings?! ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜‚. Not a nice night was it, the rain started worsening at the point it was supposed to be tailing off, if anything ๐Ÿ™„ and fairly horrible now, but no damage; some of my homemade inventions to lash stuff down seemed to work quite well ๐Ÿ˜„. I think it will be a board games sort of day, with whatever Sleek is bringing, emergency rations, how kind, bit of a biscuit shortage otherwise. Glad you got some seeds in ๐Ÿ‘ I have nothing new to report but I'll have no shortage of hollyhocks that's for sure, 3 different types & counting ๐Ÿคญ. Some seeds I bought came with a free pkt of kale and some purple cauli, they'll be lucky ๐Ÿ˜ฌ have to join the queue. I was not out braving in the elements in a woolly hat, coward, also I had deliveries on & off and couldn't face having to quickly reassemble myself into someone that could answer the door ๐Ÿ˜ฑ. Well that was good of your neighbour, having a word of her own accord, perhaps she thought a Welly might be too much (not the greenhouse!!). If we can't have Monty can we have an hour of Ned sleeping on the hessian under the potting table, I'd watch that ๐Ÿ˜. Oh poor Pen, do hope it's something simple up; good luck with the MOT๐Ÿคžxx.

Few tulips, the purple ones can have multiple blooms to a stalk, as you can see (sort of).

Love to Joan, yes these things are sent to try us, my mother always said too. I understand what you say that Sue did not want to be left (()). It is not quite so windy here today and there is some sun at least. My parcel got to Germany in good time, they haven't thanked me or left feedback, people often don't. I have to pack one for Mexico today ๐Ÿ˜ฎ have never sent there before. Thinking of you glad you are in touch with Barbara, we miss her here. xx

'Laters' bosh ๐Ÿ˜Š enjoy your tea ๐Ÿ‘‹ xx

Hi Charlestown, hope things not too rough round your way. I just painted a bit of the downstairs loo, that's all, needs another coat sometime. Oh and a new cistern, new floor, new window, & preferably new loo, but it will have to make so with a new seat for now ๐Ÿ˜‚. Cluedo was an imaginary game with frogmorton's (real) cat who comes to 'visit', don't worry the lines between fantasy & reality do get very blurred at times even for me ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. It was true I've never played before, not a big board gamer. Selling and buying in nosegay, I was ๐Ÿ˜ but at least more money came in than went out ๐Ÿ˜ must go & get on with packaging now. Have a good day, looks like we'll be doing spuds at much the same time now, compost on Tues for me ๐Ÿ‘. Oh I will take the dark brown mixed with grey eyelash tint btw ta, sounds ideal, book me in :) xx

Love to SK Anda & Hooli ๐Ÿ˜˜ xx

Teabreak time โ˜•๏ธ

• Charlestown
    edited 7. Apr 2024, 12:59
    Options

Good afternoon ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘‹

14ยฐ windy & about to rain!

Staying in today, compost day tomm while i nip out! I will have taters in 2024!!!!

@toady Well, as per the imaginary game of cluedo, i didnt like to say but i read some of these comments & i havent got a bl**dy clue what im reading ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃi reslised that a while ago!!๐Ÿคฃ you do well on nosegay buying & selling, youre a pro!๐Ÿ’ช๐ŸฝI used to be addicted to buying on nosegay but i dont use it anymore. Im glad you saved yr tulips have u anything else sprouting? Ive booked u in for a tint ๐Ÿ‘ have u ordered compost online for del??? Or r u carrying it over yr shoulder whilst boldly walking down the road??๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

@frogmorton aww poor Penelope! That must be worrying but its probably damp got to some wiring at a guess. Just as well shes booked in at the garage. I hope its not electrical thats what costs money from my experience ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ Yes the sweats only start later on in the day or night theyre awful & more so as im on reduced steroids only 5mg daily down from 40mg. Only got 2 days left of steroids then see what happens. Still got slight immflammation but it can takes weeks/months to settle. Ive had this since middle feb im sick of it now. Ive done ivf treatment twice so i know what menapause feels like its awful, thats what yr daughter will have experienced those symptons too. Thats a shame about early menapause but she survived is the important factor ๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ’• I cant get enough of mint dip with samosas. Yes they are delicious. I forget yr vegan ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธIs there an alternative to milk??

@dachshund thats great youre out & about on yr scooter still bumping into people. Fresh air & seeing people will keep you moving forward xx

@bosh cant tag!! The house like a greenhouse again? Is yr mum cooking? Or????

• bosh
    Options

hi Toni toady Joan SK and C

How are you all today?

Mums bs is ok thanks ๐Ÿ‘

My morning started well thanks

Managed to walk early and got a space at cost a packet for some tea

It was a nice refreshing walk and Iโ€™ve got some new shoes, not heels - which are definitely not my thing - for the uninitiated lol - but reduced sort of shiny metallic shade trainers - very comfortable- so that was good

but Iโ€™ve the totm now so really feeling very exhausted despite trying to eat healthy high protein and all that stuff

Yes Toni I agree this pollen is nasty

BR didnโ€™t take LA to the computer club yesterday because he coughed twice, so my sis had to take him even though itโ€™s a really busy time for her at work

Yes a fictional pipe and jacket lol, I like the idea of the pince - nez

๐Ÿ‘‹ Joan

How are you feeling today?
    Mum and I are not too bad thanks Iโ€™ve just got the old monthly problems but that will of course will pass, has your neighbour come to see you or talked to you on the phone?

Have a nice night Joan, take care xx

๐Ÿ‘‹ C

how are you today?
    I think I was just generally feeling warm as the day was relatively mild at least where I am in Reading also my mum wasnโ€™t cooking but she likes to generally keep the heating on quite high,
    Maybe not at that particular moment but generally she likes to do that because she feels the cold, so Iโ€™m always feeling too warm, but such is the nature of family life haha
    ๐Ÿ‘‹ toady how are things with you?

Sorry, you had a lot of noisy rain in the night

my day started off nicely. had a refreshing walk and a tea at cost a packet, but it got worse after that of the old totm rearing its ugly head so to speak and I didnโ€™t really get much energy back as the day went on, but never mind.

I Got a discount for a cosmetics company which rhymes with โ€œapple pie in Reading rhyming slang , Let me just use Asterisks, I know itโ€™s not very poetic ha ha - itโ€™s โ€œB***ty Pieโ€ - it rhymes with โ€œduty pieโ€ or maybe โ€œduty - shyโ€ to describe billโ€™s parenting technique haha,

it was a very substantial discount, but itโ€™s like you said with the loyalty cards, a lot of them are just trying to lure you in and donโ€™t highlight the fact that in the long run the โ€œbargainsโ€ are not as great as they seem to be,

so I bought two items, eyelash primer and a kind of lip tint, only the former has arrived so far and it was good quality, but I then decided to cancel the free trial before I became some sort of makeup magpie lol,

and I had to answer millions of questions about why Iโ€™d cancelled so I pretended I was saving up money to buy a proper subscription and I also asked the question, if I ran out of funds, could I use vegan / chicken nuggets as a substitute currency please?
    Ok that last part wasnโ€™t quite true toady, haha, but donโ€™t you find these online free trial rather โ€œtryingโ€? Sorry forgive the bad pun, itโ€™s almost the stitching ๐Ÿงต hour in mima - land, I could understand if I were paying, anyway Iโ€™ll leave it to resident self - proclaimed โ€œgeniusโ€ LA to work that out - yes his dad will not be pleased to find out heโ€™s far less intelligent than his wife and even that story - telling irritating favourite they call mima! Oh my goodness I may be forced to have to relocate - are you looking for any tenants to occupy your rich tea biccie - cupboard?

I just thought Iโ€™d ask ๐Ÿ˜‚

Ok good night toady Toni and everyone tc xx

Ps Bill the photographer exploring โ€œthe microwaveโ€™s perspectiveโ€ only joking xx

• Charlestown
    Options

@bosh that picture reminds me of the movie The Purge, i watched it last night. I wonder how many of us would be left in real life if we had a purge here in the UK ๐Ÿคฃ

Speaking of make up i too ordered some lipsticks, waterproof mascara & a blusher from Pamazon. Cosmetics & toiletries are a good price on Pamazon i find unlike lots of other things on there. I buy alot of toiletries thru there. Your right to cancel your subscription i think u would have ended up with lots of products u dont need or use. I used to subscribe to a monthly beauty box which were worth it & good value, nice products but i got over run with stuff i didnt use.

Everyone that has walked outside today i envy you ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜€that will be me soon! Ive even been looking at hiking boots online im scared im going to climb a mountain & never come back ๐Ÿคฃso many places i want to go to/things to do its frustrating!!!

Ive cooked my son a steak & i had roast beef with roasties, mash, peas yorkshires & gravy ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹

Happy Sunday everyone ๐Ÿ’•

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning Joan. I am so glad you are back in touch with Barbara. Dorcas was most upset for you I expect she could imagine how upset you are more than most with being a twin herself. She is doing ok yes up in bonnie Scotland. I also let Dreamdaisy know, but as you probably know she is ill herself she sends her love though.

I think you are quite right, Sue was not alone she was loved by you (and good friends) and knew she was. Exactly what she wanted.

2nd May I will remember that I think it's the same day as the Juke is in for his service. These cars cost a fortune! Penelope is booked in to the garage anyway this Friday for service and MOT ready for the rally so whatever happens I will get her sorted in time I hope.

Take care ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi hope you are ok and that your Mum is too and that no lava is flowing in your house now?

I do not blame you at all for going to Costa packet and hiding out while the explosions were going on. I went to eyebrow plucks yesterday and had a coffee with Paul. Behaved and did no partake of the two for one offer (honestly!) for cake even though they had a vegan one.

I totally agree with you this business of trying to make us sign up for subscriptions is so annoying! Just so annoying. It's the same on catazon too do you want a one time purchase (not highlighted) or a monthly subscription (highlighted) very easy to make a mistake.

I am very pleased to hear you trainers are comfy so important for walking to have feet as comfy as possible.

I shall not say a word to BIL about his lowly intellectual status in the eyes of his firstborn son๐Ÿค๐Ÿคญ Pince nez or no pince nez!

Hope today is a good day for you and TPTM is not too much trouble.

Paul is buying a new battery for Penelope this morning to try fingers crossed.

Take care ((())) xxx

Hoping Skinny K is ok and his X-ray is very soon ((())) xxx

Morning Charlestown I hope you are doing ok. Soon feel less 'flushy' hopefully as the steroids reduce and finally stop. Exactly what i think about Lucy's cancer survivor consequences. She is alive so will cope with anything now that was al that mattered.

That sign is exactly right buy plants whatever buy plants a total cure-all for all of life's ills.๐Ÿค— I got outside for a while again between showers. Then the girls arrived for a cuppa which was lovely.

I expect your boy really appreciated such a lovely Sunday lunch. Nothing as good as your Mum's Sunday lunches is there?๐Ÿ˜Š

Paul is buying a new battery (the existing one wouldn't charge) today, so all being well that will be the problem fingers/ paws/windscreen wipers crossed!

Have a good day!

Morning Toady

look!

the first Hyacinth bean! and P's Honesty flowering beautifully too

I can definitely see the extra flower heads on the tulips! Wow how wonderful. I've been out the wind has dropped so they can go back outside if they want to. I managed an hour outside in total yesterday hiding in the (slightly draughty) greenhouse yesterday between showers๐Ÿ™„

I answered the door to the workhardo man in my overalls and woolly hat on Saturday no problem๐Ÿ˜I bet he put something to warn future drivers though๐Ÿคฃ

Yes the neighbour must have thought the welly a 'step' too far maybe! Luckily nowhere near the greenhouse we'll leave that to Paul eh with his strimmer?๐Ÿ™„ Looking into how to replace the glass, but it's nothing like the tutorials on youtube๐Ÿง

Today Sleek is expecting to go outside with you she has her own chore coat on like Monty

It really is a cat chore coat she found it on catazon and bought it with my card not her own. She is bringing biccies and her tin mug for an outdoor tea break. Ever the optimist my cat.

Ned sleeping on hessian or wandering around with a ball in his mouth that would do - I'd watch that for an hour with a cuppaโ€ฆ.. Hope your day is good.

• bosh
    Options

good morning everyone wppl xx

• crinkly
    crinkly Member Posts: 149
    Options

Hello All from a warm Spring day in Avignon, Southern France.

I don't have a Smartphone and this is my first chance of opening a Laptop since we left home in damp Durham last Thursday but my belated love and special thoughts for Joan could not be more sincere. It has been a huge inspiration and encouragement to follow Sue's and Joan's contributions to this thread over many years - particularly as I am a dog-person rather than a cat-enthusiast! Sue will aways occupy a place in my heart. I will think of you, Joan, in the coming challenging weeks.

If you can imagine a wheelchair and crutches on the Newcastle to Amsterdam ferry, in a budget tourist hotel then by rail to Paris (changing stations via the underground in rush hour) and onwards to an Airbnb in Avignon you will know something of our adventure! Highly amusing in retrospect despite the help of a strapping son and grandson! Our commitment to eco-sustainability rules out flying and we saw a vast amount on our journey, recalling enough of our 1950s O Level French to 'get by'. We admit to being crackers but now we can enjoy the sunshine, before reversing our travels. Hopefully our13-year-old grandson will see the benefits of learning another language.

I doubt whether I will post more before we get home but wanted Joan to get a message now.

Best wishes to all from sunny Provence - Crinkly

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,956
    Options

Good morning everyone thank you for your kind words

Toady (()) yes your tulips are lovely colour. Thatโ€™s good your parcel got to Germany not nice when you donโ€™t know. Have a good day.

Toni (()) thank you for getting in touch with Dorcas and Crinkly kind of you. I tried a few times to get in touch with DD on here I had her phone number but I donโ€™t like ringing people I think Iโ€™m a nuisance. I didnโ€™t know she had more problems sorry. I hope Penelopeโ€™s new battery will get her going. Have a good day. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) yes I remember what the time of the month was like. You do well with all your problems has well. Love to you mum (()) yes that is the best place to a cafe.

Skinny Keef (()) have a good day thinking about you love to Sucrโ€™e (()) and Loanda (())

Charlestown (()) yes I have my neighbours phone number we have had it since Covid Iโ€™m also giving him my other front door key. Have a good day.
    Crinkly (()) thank you it was so nice to hear your story. I expect it was very frustrating for you you are good to do it the only problem you have to do it all on the way back. Enjoy it you deserve it.

take care
    joan xx
  • Skinny Keef
    Options

hello everyone, sorry i have been quiet lately. I went to docs this afternoon for face to face consultation. He basically agreed with my diagnosis of polychondritis and said he didnโ€™t know the specific treatment because it is so rare but to continue with the naproxen as that seems to be working and not to worry about it getting worse as the stress will make it worse. If any of the nasty stuff i have read about can happen with the condition happens he will address that as and when. I wasnโ€™t terribly happy but then on the walk to greggs I realised that was probably the correct course of action.
    i might leave it a month or so and then ask for a second opinion.
    Any opinions very welcome.

• bosh
    Options

hi Joan

How are you feeling today?

My mum is ok now thanks but her blood sugar was borderline this morning

Yes Time of the month is annoying I agree, Iโ€™m not feeling too bad at the moment thanks ๐Ÿ™

Yes I like the cafe if I find a space there to sit down itโ€™s a bit expensive though but still good to go to sometimes

Have a nice afternoon tc xx

Hi Toni

How are you doing today?

Mums bs was borderline unfortunately but sheโ€™s ok now ๐Ÿ‘

I did a longer walk today as I was feeling stressed so Iโ€™m bit tired but ok now thanks

LA and BR went to Legoland today and pretended to lick a giant Lego ice cream and then stuffed their little faces with real ice cream- wow! No one nagged them about their glycemic index either haha.

Ok definitely ablutions time

More later have a good afternoon Toni bye for now tc xx

๐Ÿ‘‹ hi toady SK and C

How are you all today?

Bye for now all tc xx

• toady
    edited 8. Apr 2024, 17:29
    Options

Hi all ๐Ÿคž sun is shining, wonders never cease ๐ŸŒž

Several hours of strong wind for me tomorrow though frog so I have kept the tulips in til after that and am admiring them indoors ๐Ÿคญ. I have a couple of Angelique out, and Copper Image coming too I hope they open nicely this year. Sleek and I did the rounds in the garden, pruning here & snipping there (remind me, was one of our weekend jobs 'secateuring one's finger'? because I ticked that one off on Saturday ๐Ÿ˜‚). Wallflowers are out looking sweet, pah to biennials, this is their 3rd of 4th actual flowering year ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ. Sorry the greenhouse is being a pain, when is a youtube vid ever the exact thing you're after ๐Ÿ˜ฃ well now & again I suppose). Hurrah for little hyacinth bean seedling! ๐ŸŒฑ do hope they go well for you. And P's honesty the colour really is fab it looks gorgeous ๐Ÿ˜Š. Not much else doing with me, am wrestling with slightly complicated al fresco order (no warnings for driver needed ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ well no more than normal ๐Ÿคช). Good strong tea in enamel mug definitely needed, Sleek has the right idea charging your card, not daft is she ๐Ÿ˜ธ. I was half right about nosegay, you can now sell 2nd clothes with no fees, no buyer fees either ๐Ÿค”. Have a good afternoon hope Pen's battery does the trick ๐Ÿคžxx ps sorry to hear DD is unwell, do give her my best if you are in touch again but I expect you have done so on behalf of all here already. xx

Thank you Joan I am pleased with the tulips, it's nice to see some colour in the garden finally ๐Ÿ˜Š. If I were a tulip bulb this winter I would not have bothered to come up at all I don't think. It is much sunnier but the wind is coming back again they say, and more rain. I had an Aunt Kathleen I hope we are not going to have a storm for every one of my 5 aunts! Love to you & the dear dogs ๐Ÿ˜˜ xx

Hi bosh, yes tenancy of the biccie cupboard is open to offers, terms to be agreed, leasehold only I'm afraid ๐Ÿ˜„ hope it does not come to that ๐Ÿ˜ฌ. Sorry your day went a bit downhill after your early walk etc yesterday but it did sound like a nice morning. I ought to get back into the habit of going out in the daylight not the stitching hour (which btw is actually 3-4am!! I never knew that, it came up in a quiz today, coincidentally/ookily, at least my walks aren't that late, mind you Toni would be almost up by then ๐Ÿ˜ฑ), but I would need to change my day all around ๐Ÿค”. Oh the rather trying free trials, haha, yes I worry I won't cancel, or they won't let me, yours weren't that keen for you to go obviously!! no I wouldn't like all the jumping through hoops to end a subscription. I only have the catazon prime occasionally and no other subs, a beauty one would be quite tempting though because buying cosmetics is tricky online & I wouldn't mind something that chose some bundles for you, I'd probably manage to convince myself that one of the things would be a life-changing find ๐Ÿ˜„. I used to like super bug ๐Ÿ› but they put their min order up to ยฃ20 which means more thinking about what basket to put together. Hope your day is as ok as poss totm permitting ๐Ÿคž:) xx

Compost will be here tomorrow @Charlestown ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ whether I get round to doing anything with it is another matter. Nothing new happening in the garden yet no new seedlings either. The plants sign is great ๐Ÿ˜€ & Sweet Cicely, don't know much about but sounds nice, I may need to buy some ๐Ÿ˜„. Yes I suppose I am an old hand at nosegay by now although it has changed a lot over time, usually for the worse ๐Ÿ™„ things like having your money paid into the bank now instead of paypal, and so many annoying 'sponsored listings' everywhere. I was just saying to frogmorton, you can now sell clothes and pay no fees, which they'll be doing to compete with other sites doing the same. I do buy quite a lot on there I suppose but it is only what I would be buying in shops and any p&p would be covered by not spending bus & taxi fares too I suppose. Hope your day is ok :) xx btw sorry you can't get the exercise you want, have you ever had an exercise bike? or would your joints etc not like it ๐Ÿค”

Oh bon apres-midi @crinkly ! nice to see you, ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท not much of my schoolgirl French left, glad yours is holding up well ๐Ÿ˜€. Have a good return trip and enjoy the weather, hope you missed the worst of storm Kathleen and likewise storm Pierrick coming your way soon ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐ŸŒช๏ธ take care xx

Love to Keef, sorry about the diagnosis and course of action but hopefully they are right about it being the best advice which is your conclusion as well somewhat reluctantly understandably, a 2nd opinion wouldn't be a bad idea too, hope you have a reasonable few days and can think it over. Love to all ๐Ÿ˜˜ xx

Tea up โ˜•๏ธ xx

• Charlestown
    Options

Evening all ๐Ÿ‘‹

Very tired today ive done nothing but lie on sofa. Shower then bed for me.

@Skinny Keef i think yr best course of action is listen to yr gp & cross each bridge as you come to it.Atleast if you know the symptons you are forewarned & can address matters quickly. Make sure u get plenty of rest & keep up with the naproxen.

@toady my garden centre has just advertised restocking of lots of fruit & veg plugs. Ive seen rhubarb too i fancy i go lol. Whilst out tomm i want to call in if i can. Still no compost but its never stopped raining here so no rush. I need bark chippings too.
    i think the our government knows so many people have a hobby or make a little money for themselves they want it all going in the bank so its traceable & more importantly taxable!!!! Yet you have rich businessmen & businesses hiding millions in offshore accounts psying hardly if any tax but thats ok!!!! But its good u have no fees it means it could sell easier/quicker. Yes Duperdrug used to me my shop of choice excellebt range of brands & products but ive been using Pamazon it does lots of offers & good choice of products too. Funnily enough couple of weeks ago i did look st excercise bikes yes, i could even squeeze it behind the sofa when not in use so im pondering iver thet one defo ๐Ÿ‘

Goodnight to everyone, early night for me much love ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด

• bosh
    Options

good night toady and everyone take care xx

toady I expect a Vulcan level of stitching hour embroidery please, anything else would be highly illogical lol

PS a taste of the future now, bill in August ookey! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

• Skinny Keef
    Options

kettle is on, any takers?

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone

Morning Joan I will send you a PM about DD it being her private information I'm sure she won't mind me telling you of course, but she would struggle to pick the phone up on her own. Gosh Crinkly must have coincidentally popped in I am not responsible for contacting her everyone else yes, but not our Crinkly.

How are you doing? I hope not too bad I expect there is a fair bit to organise. Who is helping you?

Some good news is that Penelope seems to be ok at least now with her new (very very expensive) battery and is working phew!!! Thanks for caring when you are having the toughest time yourself ((())) xxx

Morning Skinny K I would have had a cuppa yes perlease! I'll leave you one now

I suppose I'm glad your Dr seems to know what is going on and that you are on the right treatment at least. Even if it's not ideal at least you know.

How are the gang? Are they ok? I bet your boy is missing his Daddad. Funny Lucy used to call her Grandad Gaddad. They are so sweet aren't they little-ones.๐Ÿค—

Morning Reshmi Thanks for asking l am fine apart from a sore elbow (or two) but it will pass it always (hopefully) does.

Sorry to hear your Mum's bs was borderline sounds like she remedied it nice and quickly though. She know swhat to do doesn't she๐Ÿ˜Š

Also not happy to hear you were feeling so stressed yesterday I do hope today is better. The long walk should ahve helped you a lot. Kari came over here for a walk with me while Paul changed my car battery. We saw adprable lambs and Kari got some photos.

How lucky are the boys not thinking about glycaemic indexesโ€ฆsigh๐Ÿ˜bless them having fun. Life should be fun. the children went back to school here yesterday we must be a week different to you.

Take care ((())) xxx

Morning Charlestown how are you doing?

Have you not got your compost yet? That's no good who will carry it to the car for you? You mustn't be doing that yourself!

I can't get any atm but do have quite a bit left from last year. I have contacted 'the greenhouse people' for advice about my broken window in the greenhouse. Nothing can go outside into it while it's still holey!

I have rhubarb - love the stuff but it does take up quite a large area in my veggie bed.

Take care have a good day!

Well Crinkly! How absolutely lovely to hear from you and from a lovely day in France too. Bon jour to you!

We go pretty well every year and in our motorhome usually across in the tunnel. I do not feel guilty about aeroplane travel myself if I fly though think rail, road and water gives you so much more to see. Less yukky plane food too!!

Well done using your 'O' level French I am sure your Grandson will have loved the experience๐Ÿ˜Š How wonderful you gave that to him.

Like you I found Joan and Sue such inspiration and will miss Sue's occasional pop ins here very much. Hard to believe she won't call in again๐Ÿ˜’

Take care and do have a safe journey home๐Ÿก

Morning Toady

Biennials flowering 3/4 years on the trot?! Wow you certainly do have green gingers! That was supposed to be fingers so I left it to make you smile. I used to have a lovely ginger cat years ago someone stole him though.๐Ÿ˜•

More tulips yet to pop up? that's great I look forward to seeing them.

I forgot to say P's honesty smells divine. Today it is already raining and yes looks breezy too. Good news is Penelope is all fixed ๐Ÿ™‚her new battery did the job. They do not have an indefinite lifespan I suppose.

Thinking back I am pretty sure our 'jobs for the weekend' did not include secateuring one's own fingers. Maybe you are ahead again? Did Sleek put a plaster on it? She will have made you both a restorative cuppa too no doubt bless her.

I will certainly make sure DD knows you specifically send your best. She is as usual resilient and strong.

Hopefully I will get my Greenhouse sorted soon. Oh and I put Charley's prom dress on ebay at her request i think she's after money for the arrival of our new small person. Guess who is going to the scan appt on Friday?!!!!!!!!!!

Take care Toad and keep your finger clean.