• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,713

hi toady

How are you today?

Sorry got caught up in various things

Mum and I are good 👍

Way too much chocolate cake consumed though lol

Hopefully this is a lighthearted kind of post

Don’t like any kind of discord but no doubt things will get sorted out, I haven’t read everything and I’m not taking sides of course but I remember writing a very impolite post in the beginning due to a kind of trauma mainly I guess but luckily I explained to Toni and apologised and everything was fine

I’m just saying to anyone reading this, is that things can be said in anger, depression and so on - it happens all the time, but I’m staying out of things and just hope that everyone is ok

Ok just wanted say meal out was nice toady I had sea bass and the toilets had orange blossom hand lotion which I didn’t use due to allergies etc - but that’s what your neighbour has done after lawnmowing!
    My goodness!

I also saw fifth episode of Dr Chew and an owl was hooting - that’s the news lol.

Also LA said I’m no good at L*go - construction - an architect I’m not, he’s right there, gift wrapping I also got “could do considerably better”,

Maybe you could become a freelance gift - wrapper?

I can pay you in industrial strength squash - it’s ok Toni has booked the dentist lol

Ok sorry getting near the stitching hour for me 😂

have a good night toady and everyone tc xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,364
    edited 9. Jun 2024, 22:40

Just a line from me, I'm afraid my comp is still not happy at all so I'm scraping by on my mobile, far from satisfactory 🙁. Lovely post bosh well said I echo all you say 😘 and will reply to the newsy bits tomorrow (somehow!) including the sad but very funny fate of my poor orange blossom 😱😂. Glad the birthday went well even if you got a B minus for some things 😬 ah well. Have a good night xx

Love to Joan, sorry so short, see you tomorrow :) xx

Frog so so sorry that Lucy was unwell with you both away, do hope everything is ok now🤞😟 will pop in to check in the morning, love to all xx

SK & Charlestown have a good night both hopefully a better day tomorrow xx

Love to sandeelilly (get well soon!), Julie, Colin & anyone not in xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,793
    edited 10. Jun 2024, 04:58

For some reason the site won't open on my laptop so this might be briefer than I wanted😒

Bon journey everyone!

Joan you did it too!! Really it was quite a waste of good sherbet but we enjoyed it. A fox you saw a fox how fabulous 👌 Lucy is fine thank you🥰 and will be back to work today. Glad Charley was able to go to her. ((())) xxx

Oooh Sandeelily what car did Den get?

What colour too?

Shame the trip wasn't as good as it used to be but still sounded worth going👍

Take care have a nice day and get well soon xx

Yes Skinny K

I was absolutely beside myself like you must have been with your big lad, but what can we do. We bring them to adulthood hopefully safely then they are entitled to live their own lives aren't they?

WWeLl done spotting the very minor issues quickly with the bike. I think the deaker should get it sorted easily enough.

Sorry about your pain. I hope it's not the new bike I am worried my cycling is not helping my shoulder even though I have raised handlebars to full height.

Well see eh?

Take care ((()))

Morning Reshmi

Glad you and your Mum are OK.

Thst was it exactly I couldn't breathe at all through my nose very panicky.

A band of rain went across France last night but we were dry in here. This is our 3rd stop I think 3 more to go🥰

BB still has authority over LA thank goodness for that. The boy with dirt on his head deserves an apology Lorenzo🙄. Sounds like he did very very well for gifts this year bless him. The art work it fabulous shows early talent I can see real potential there.

That food sounded lovely you did right to dodge dessert knowing cake was coming. LA loves bantering with his Auntie Mima that's clear😊

Banana ice cream gosh that does sound tempting for any non vegans😖

Right I'll post this see if I can get on the site now on my laptop.

Take care and hope the gastric Gods were kind to you ((())) xxx

Toady I also has tech issues hope yours are ok now mine are. Maybe the weather??? I await the fate of the orange blossom. Sleek is bringing some of my bokashi juice over for it. Be warned it stinks but it's powerful stuff.

((()))

I hope we don't have upset going on in the cafe this is really unusual. Charlestown I am so sad to see you so upset 😕

I don't want to lose any of our cafe crew guys please take care of yourselves regroup and hopefully apologies accepted maybe we can all get along again.

Sending much much love from France to everyone here I care about you all and hate upset

• sandeelilly
    sandeelilly Member Posts: 77

@frogmorton he bought a Seat and I've gone blank the name, it is black he is like a big kid!

I am sorry that two of you are butting heads With this condition the pain does strange things to us, I lose it over the smallest things sometimes I do not want to put my iar in as I do not take side or even have a clue why it happens but guys please stop and think this group has been a life saver for me and others, I hope you both get over it and Big hugs to whoever needs it today xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,095

Good morning everyone

This is a lovely forum a place where people can come for help and a chat when they are worried or lonely. I love everyone on here and I’m grateful for the help and kindness so please don’t fall out. We all need help sometime. Thank you everyone

Toady (()) sorry about your computer it needs a good talking to. Have a good day

Toni (()) that’s good Lucy is alright (()) have a good day (()) sorry about your arm (()) that’s good your iPad is working now. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day love to your mum (()) your doing well

Skinny Keef (()) have a good day. When does Sucr’e start the new nursery. Love to Loanda (())

Charlestown (()) have a good day thinking of you

Sandeelilly (()) have a good day it’s a bit breezy today

Colin (()) is it warm in Canada have a good day

take care
    joan xx
  • Jewels1973
    Jewels1973 Member Posts: 58

Thanks to everyone that answered my questions on injections some people don’t like them and some do so thank you for sharing your experiences with me. I’ve gone through and tried to thank you to everyone that responded to me.

I can’t remember who asked this now but I’ve had two blood tests that show my inflammatory markers are high.

I’ve had one private consultant say it was all about diabetes and then saw numerous people that couldn’t make up their mind in the end a company that’s name rhymes with bitality I know you aren’t supposed to put names on here decided I couldn’t have anymore treatment through them no muscoskeletal things so I waited got an expedited appt with an NHS rheumatologist she was really nice but started saying before anything else I’m sure this is OA. I questioned her as to why it wasn’t RA she didn’t really answer and said oh be happy it’s not RA. She then that day did two hand x rays and an ultrasound on my wrist despite the pain being everywhere. Next I knew I was in hospital I think I caught the going into hospital covid from the other hospital because no one was wearing masks and a week later we all came down with it.

So it took 2 months after my appt for her to say it isn’t RA I’m sure it’s OA and in the meanwhile before she got any of my hospital tests she made that decision I had an ultrasound done at the hospital I had been in when I was in ITU and also two hand x rays where they said my hand was that fat they couldn’t get a proper reading (they had loads of things in me which increased the swelling whilst I was in ITU)

I’ve even lost myself there thanks to anyone that reads and understands it and I really thank you lot a lot for being so open.

Maybe it would be a good idea to telephone the lovely people on here lol I will have to get my brother to type it up as I have brain fog not only from ME but menopause as well!

Had a really bad nights sleep last night goodness knows why maybe the weather!

You are all fab and thank you once again xxxx

• @Skinny Keef

KTM 1290 Super Duke GT that's a big bike, I rode some big sport bike in my youth but not now. You'd remember the original Suzuki 1100 Katana, just a little older then the drool worth RG500 solid engine mounts, used to vibrate like hell passing 5500-6000 RPM. Loved the reminder of the Gama my buddy rode the Yamaha version the RZ500!

Good luck working on the steering head bearings 2020 shouldn't need to be replace buuuutttttt, it's not Japanese bike so maybe. Loctite? Steering head hmmm red or blue?

@frogmorton

I'd love to see the picture of that red TR4A if you can find it, yeah it's been a dream of mine for a long time, maybe if my YouTube channel takes off I could do that to show what's possible with severe PsA as a long term project?

Yeah diet is sooooo important with PsA!!!!!!!!

I always thought it was a shame when Triumph brought out the TR7 it just didn't fit the mold of the British 2 seater convertable. My friends old brother bought one when I was like 10 years old. I can remember piling 3 of us little kids into it to go play hockey with him in the drivers seat. Haha today that would be on Tiktok and YouTube and he would be in jail on charges!!! But we all survived! Think we had tuna sandwiches that day too for and old can of tuna past it's expiry date lol

Send the orange MG too, I'm determined to have a two seater convertible before I can't drive one :) shall we say

Mmmm… french toast, now there's an idea for this morning with my second cuppa tea

Good morning to all at Val's cafe and thanks again for the warm welcome.

Canadian Formula 1 Grand Prix this weekend in Montreal, made the trek out there a couple of times from Toronto to Montreal, a boring 6 hour Hyw drive but at least it's just down the street… …Go Lewis and George! Lance too

• Skinny Keef
    Skinny Keef Member Posts: 1,138
    edited 10. Jun 2024, 10:18

hi @Arthritic_Adventures , yes the steering head was fine with the smallest of adjustments. The clamp bolt was very firm with loctite so i didn’t remove it completely because I couldn’t get my torque wrench on it, i just marked it and retightened it to the same point. The top triple clamp bolts I removed and regreased as they were slightly rusty and retorqued them. I only tightened the top bolt a few degrees so a very minor adjustment. I had some semi permanent loctite but didn’t need it.
    I have a fork seal weeping now and I can’t fix that so it will have to go back to the dealer.

• Skinny Keef
    Skinny Keef Member Posts: 1,138

morning all, I unable to post on here any more.
    I have thoroughly enjoyed my time chatting to everyone, and it has on more than one occasion lifted my spirits incredibly. However, I cannot risk the repeat of the last 24 hours happening at a time when I am severely depressed as I do not think I would be able to cope, so I am no longer going to partake in forums of any kind.

I wish you all well.

Lotsa love Keef x

• toady

Hi keef, I understand your position, easy to say don't take it to heart but all of us here are unwell with this & that and at a bit of a low ebb often so things do get to you 😔 as the member in question is no longer here I hope you might reconsider as you hopefully know there would be no risk of conflict with the 'older' regulars and handful of on/off posters. Otherwise and/or in meantime PM always available for late nite teas etc 😘 xx

Hopefully will be posting more in a minute everyone, comp fixing was going well up to a blue screen 5 mins ago, brb 🙄

• toady
    edited 10. Jun 2024, 12:14

Morning all 👋 well by starting the comp wrangling again even before breakfast (always very silly but so tempting to get on), was getting on ok I thought but I'm not out of the woods apparently 😒 .

Took a chunk of my day yesterday frog but I did drag myself sensibly away to do some other things such as laundry and to work on my important earthworks in the garden 😄 riveting pics to follow of work in progress, Sleek was indeed a very big help with the spirit level but perhaps less so at getting the string line in place.. 😬😂. I will cut it less fine getting her home today 😉. Rain overnight but sunny now I might get well on with the bricks then I have plants to buy hopefully 👍️. Thanks to Reshmi I know now there is an underground trade in orange blossom for handwash for restaurant rest rooms! oh the fiends!! Hope weather ok where you are and the storms did not come to much. Hope your tech stuff is totally fine now, hoping to be able to get on with things again today, letters to write al fresco to finish etc! Extra annoying because some of the family tree sites have given free access over the weekend because of the D-Day annniversary so I was looking some stuff up. Still, I got so far and there is today as well with a bit of luck. Love to all have a good day🤞xx

Hello Joan, nice to be able to post at least 😊. The talking-to did some good anyway thank you 😄, I needed one myself yesterday too because I kept on fiddling with it when I should have stopped and come back to it later. I was telling Toni that I have been looking up some family tree information, for a friend, so hopefully won't miss the last day for free access to the records. I have gone back to the 1760s I don't think I can get much further 😮. Have a good day hope the foxes are alright maybe you will see him again 🦊😊. I saw Mr Blackbird yesterday he is very distinctive he has white patches like eyebrows, I will try & get a pic I don't see him much they are busy. xx

Afternoon bosh hope you are ok today 👋, glad your meal out was good it sounded nice 😊 the excess choc cake and banana icecream is a bit of a problem though, you can bring cake for us the icecream might be best off with the milkman I don't know what the cafe freezer capacity is 🤔 you'd think I'd know, too busy looking in the biccie tin usually 😄. I love LA's artwork what super colours. Freelance giftwrapping not a problem 👍️ we could maybe study architecture in our 'spare' time? 😬. Btw I came across an online game called 'geometry dash', I couldn't think of anything less suited to me! I am trying to like Doctor Chew but I can't really say I'm succeeding, it seems kind of flimsy, and too many pop culture references which are going to date horribly 😔 and I hate the Tardis set so much. Shame. Have a good afternoon take care 😘 xx

My hands are worser than your hands Colin @Arthritic_Adventures 😜 right one wouldn't go flat on a table if you paid it. Seriously the RA hands are a different kettle of fish because the joints aren't painful, never had an injection in them (ouch!), so I wouldn't trade. Hope your day is going ok 👍️ more tea? 😊 xx

Thanks for reminding me about the sequence of events and who you saw @Jewels1973, I followed all that fine thanks, not sure why the NHS rheumatologist is quite so adamant about the RA 🤔 it sounds like another ultrasound on the wrist would be good I hope they will give it another go maybe. Keep us posted how things go on 👍️ xx

Hope your day is going ok @sandeelilly , and you're feeling better, is that it now for the family gatherings? Take care :) xx

Love to all hope we can have a nice quiet day no offence to anyone we all have our problems & reasons for things 😔 xx

• bosh

hi Toni

How are you?

Mum and I are ok 👍

Im just tired

More later tc xx

Ps some piles of dates I’m not sure why lol xx

• toady
    edited 10. Jun 2024, 15:21

eat your heart out Hadrian 👍️ will take two more, maybe three depending on tree roots from a large conifer; the 2nd run after the tree toward the road isn't so important, will think about that half later. All approx at the moment as to straightness etc. but so far I like it 😀 the bricks are fairly weathered so I don't think it will look too un-aesthetic, can always be swapped out for some other form of edging, once I have the basic line that's the spadework bit.

Kettle on ☕️ xx

• @frogmorton @Charlestown @toady @Skinny Keef @bosh @dachshund @sandeelilly

Everyone here, a good day to you all, I'm off on the motorcycle to make a new video for my YouTube channel around a town and it's brewery called Creemore Spring. I was hoping for sunshine but it's a little cool and cloudy today in Toronto

@sandeelilly I'm just getting over a two week long sinuse infection, been awfully weird though. I was good one day and bad the next no rhyme or reason to it at all. Hit a few tennis balls with Sue yesterday first exercise since it started and felt better all day, no too bad today. Mmm donuts! NEW CAR? What kind?

@Skinny Keef Shame about the fork mate, I hate having to take the bike in, here it can be a week plus at the dealer for a 1 hour job. sorry your feeling bad after doing the work. It so much fun to just work on you motorcycle for the afternoon in peace and quit sometimes, but you won't look forward to it if it hurts afterwards. Doubt it's the new riding positions these adventure bikes are so comfortable these days.

Kitty needs a glass to put the spirts in and join the party!!!

• @toady My hands are worser than your hands Colin @Arthritic_Adventures 😜 right one wouldn't go flat on a table if you paid it. Seriously the RA hands are a different kettle of fish because the joints aren't painful, never had an injection in them (ouch!), so I wouldn't trade. Hope your day is going ok 👍️ more tea? 😊 xx

That's a shame been a long time for me, injections were way back when been good with little or no new damage in the last 20 years. Shame about your but it's these things that define us as who we are! Have my tea in front of me now!

• toady

Ooh out filming, @Arthritic_Adventures how interesting 😊 hope it was at least reasonable weather for you, it's a change to not just think in terms of what it's chucking at us here! Re hands, thanks, yes you find ways around things 👍 mine were caught before worse damage & I have a decent leftie; just happy to have functionality, that's the main thing, for tinkering with odd jobs & projects, such as the amateur bricklaying 😂. Not sure I can ask you about utube channels on here but all the best with it :)

• frogmorton

Get that bricklaying!

LoVe it Toad

Sleek (my cat Colin) is a dab hand with a spirit level Keef she's always been into DIY.

Will catch up with you all Tomorrow

For now

A lively (decaf) coffee this afternoon

Love and peace to everyone

Reshmi you are just a star! Xxx

Sandeelily all will be well ((()))

See you all in the morning 🌄

• bosh

hi Toni toady Joan sandee and everyone else

How are you all?

Mum and I are ok 👍

But I phoned the elderly gentleman - friend of mine - and I know phoning him was long overdue, but Toni and toady - he talked for almost an hour!

I had to pretend I had an appointment soon lol
    👋 Joan

How are you today?

Mum and I are ok thanks

Have a nice evening tc xx

👋 Toni

Sorry I’m trying to catch up a bit on old post(s),

I see you had the blocked nose thing too - that’s interesting

I’ve had it before as well but recently- my mum once thought it was anxiety- but it could well just be pollen - good to know 👍

How is your Bon journey going?

Have a nice evening take care xx

Hi toady

How are things today?

Mum and I are ok thanks

But she has a kidney blood test early tomorrow morning

So we’re all a bit worried about that

Then I have hospital physio on Wednesday- just routine really about my fingers and leg / foot type thing.

Thursday is the lithium blood test for the mental health meds.

Then I can relax unless someone else requests a 5 hour phone call lol.

toady did you know that an Italian cheese cannot be five thousand years old? LA seems to be educating us all haha.

He also told BR that being constantly dehydrated is part of life!

Or something like that, I’m not sure that’s correct Mr Scientist, but I don’t want another bruised arm, so I’ll keep that opinion to myself 😂

Nice wall there - The Great Wall of China / Porcelain perhaps?

Yes Dr Chew may be very PC and “on trend” now, but yes, an element of the vacuous, no doubt, I did think the social media “bubble” was quite funny though.
    ok I’m signing off for now

Good evening everyone tc xx

• toady
    edited 10. Jun 2024, 20:18

👋 bosh 😊

Fine here thank you, have laid down my trowel for the day 🤭 has been a bit mixed but at least my PC is ok fingers crossed and I won't be looking up 'how to fix xyz' pages on forums, where no-one asked your exact question and if they did no-one answered (at least in the old days you could do that without all the cookie pop up boxes first 😫!). I have put off al fresco til the next day (does a quick search for 5000 year old cheese, no results found funnily enough!) and am going to bed, so at least I don't have to tidy the hall or myself for tomorrow haha. Best to your mum for her blood test tomorrow sorry it's early, and for you too for physio on Weds (hope it's helpful) and the next day's bloods. Will you get to group tomorrow after your mum's appt, hope it's ok if so. Better stop for tea in Cost-A-Packet and at least try to avoid dehydration, futile though that may be 😱😄. Oh the hour-long phone calls aren't they awkward 😣 poor you I know you'd be doing your best but we all start fading away after that sort of passage of time ⌛️hope he was as well as possible. Have a good night sleep well I hope 😘 xx

'night all, love to everyone 😴 xx

• frogmorton
    edited 11. Jun 2024, 05:31

I might bore you with some photos in a bit.

Morning Joan how are you today? We had rain again overnight (that's ideal isn't it?) and beautiful sunshine now so all good. Is your heating ok. I cannot believe how cold it still is at home. I bet we get it too hot like last year soon though can't win can we? 🙄 Take care ((())) xxx

Morning Sandeelily I am so glad you find us a supportive bunch here. You're right living with pain can make us not ourselves.

A black Seat. Hmmmm..🤔 I hired a seat here in France last year it was lovely hope you enjoy yours. If it keeps den happy then you are happy no doubt😉

Take care ((()))

Morning Colin hope you're ok and your filming went well yesterday?

My sister has a youtube channel too so I know what hard work it is. Hers is arty she recently had a short which went viral over 3million views! For her it's the editing and voice over which takes the time. Do tell us about yours but and if you want us to watch your vids then PM us the link.

I promise faithfully to search out the other car pics for you I won't forget, when I get back from France. Haven't seen many cars of interest out here just one or two 2CVs that's about it.

Morning Reshmi glad to hear your Mum and you are ok of course understandably anxious about the blood results for her kidneys though🤞They don't keep her waiting too long for the results do they?

You have lots of bloods and physio ahead don't you, but you seem very calm about your results.

Yes the bunged up nose thing I hate it. I always thought it was hay-fever/pollen, but actually I am trying to think if it's ever happened in winter??? I don't think it's you no not at all. I use sinex if needs be it always helps, but you can only use it for a few days on the trot or it makes it worse.

An hour?! No! you are good though ringing the old chap you will have made his day even his week with that hour. Bless you. I think a white lie like a fictional appointment is actually the kindest way to get off the phone!

I hope your day is a good one sending ((())) xxx

Morning Skinny Keef

Hope you are ok Anda and Sucré too.

Rained overnight which I love when I'm in the motorhome, but beautifully sunny outside now.

I was just saying to Colin that I haven't seen many interesting cars here only a couple of 2CVs. Quite a lot of bikes and a lot of what my Dad would have called push-bikes. A fair few are electric like ours. Not surprising there are lots of hills here.

I see quite a few minor issues with your new baby (bike) have you been back yet to sort them out? You'd love it here for biking it's gorgeous.

Take care ((())) xxx

HI Julie

It's tricky to know where to go for you of course it could easily be OA, but there are other inflammatory arthritises PsA being one example. As Toady says one more wrist scan would help there as PsA would also show erosions on a scan.

As for menopause do not tell me! I am with you there although mine should surely have settled by now. Did you know there might be a connection between OA (hand I think) and the menopause? there's something on the VA site about it.

It must be said though that the pain from OA is not to be scoffed at and it can affect people in multiple joints. I have a friend who has had it since her late teens. She used to post on here too and would bear me out.

Horrible when you don't really know what's going on isn't it? Sending you some ((()))

Morning Toady

Rain overnight here sunny again now. Off to our next site later on. This one has been so pretty we've really enjoyed it. Very much a cyclists venue I think a lot being electric like ours. Ours are the only foldable ones I've seen though.

I am enjoying walking for a baguette to the patisserie nearby it's just fabulous and seeing some chickens en route too😊 Paul has been having croissants🥐sadly not for me as they contain butter grrr!

I love your bricklaying Toad it's so neat. I hope Sleek is helping out? she is pretty good with a spirit level as Keef said - self taught my cat!

Got Kari checking in on my toms and hanging baskets all seems well apparently.

Not so Mum to be whose bloods sugar was 16.6 yesterday I expect Reshmi's mum would know what to do.

Take care have a good day ((()))

Love to anyone else who pops by

• bosh

good morning everyone wppl xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,095

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) Did you see on the news last night Two 12 year old boys stabbed a man both said the other one did it. A machete was found under his bed. Have a good day.

Toni (()) how is your arm sorry it’s causing you so much pain (()) have a good day. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day. I bet you made your gentleman’s day. Love to your mum (())

Skinny Keef (()) how is your new motor bike. Have a good day love to Sucr’e (()) and Loanda (())

Charlestown (()) how are your tomatoes doing. Have a good day.

Sandeelilly (()) have a good day how are you.

Julie (()) thinking of you.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

hi Toni

How are you doing today?

My blood test is routine - nothing to worry about.

Mums ok 👍

I went to town centre today as no group tomorrow due to physio.

I’m tired but ok thanks.

Mum had b test this morning- yes she gets results soon.
    LA has a baby Yoda helium balloon they chat about all sorts of things - just don’t mention the age of cheesecake 😂

More ablutions.

Bye for now tc xx

Ps pic of BB as a baby lol xx