Val's Cafe

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited 6. Jun 2024, 20:35
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Skinny Keef
    Skinny Keef Member Posts: 1,138

@Charlestown can we make the ‘taterupdater’ a regular feature please?

My heating also on, but I am naughty and have my stat on 21 deg 😳

Will try and keep food diary, but I am really bad at keeping written stuff up to date 🙄

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,714

hi C

Ok thanks about the glasses

May have been steak tartare

Yes looked quite disgusting 🤢

Good night tc xx

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited 6. Jun 2024, 21:43
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Skinny Keef

having a brew. Sucré woke me up bless him, he had a few restless nights lately, and now I got too much pain to sleep.
    catching up on TT races from yesterday. Day before was too wet so no racing. One of my ex police friends is over there and has sent me the odd pic.

Maybe Toady could join in the taterupdater pics. Loanda grew some a couple of years. back. Charlestown you’re spot on Sucré would love it. We have sugared water out for the honey bees and I get regular updates if any are having a rest and a drink. They have some lambs at his Nursery that he attends when he at my house (as opposed to the one at his nan’s) and he was so excited to tell me he had been bottle feeding them yesterday morning. He loves anything to do with nature and wildlife. He desperately wants a dog.

• Hey Hello from Canada,

Hope no one minds someone from across the pond, with a cuppa tea in his hand? Mom and dad were both from the UK!

New here but a motorcyclist all my life, I've seen lots of the TT over the year on YouTube, crazy race.

40 year back I had the original Suzuki GSR-750 red and black, oil cooled would have loved to get that on a track but I was scared I'd get hooked on the adrenalin rush. Today I ride my adventure bike and spend more time riding it to the coffee shop for tea! Lol I do travel on it.

My two (3 it seems) sentence story:

Had PsA since I was a kid, one night when I was 30yrs old I went to bed and athlete and woke up in the middle of the night an invalid that couldn't get out of bed anymore. NSAID then DMARDS and finally Biologics came along and well, probably pretty much like everyone else I've been on the road to recovery in some way shape of form for the last 30 years. I'm doing okay though, can't complain too much, I've responded well to two out of three biologicals I've been on.

Colin

• Skinny Keef

hey Colin, nice to meet you.

We can talk bikes and illness then 👍 lol.

How long is the riding season in Canada, where abouts are you?

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,793
    edited 7. Jun 2024, 05:46

Nous en France!

Morning Joan - a trapped nerve has been going on that long? really? well what are they going to do to help you? I am quite cross and agree with your friend. First leg of our journey through France today. missed all the Normandy (Normandie) visitors luckily we picked the wrong day to travel over didn't we?! Lexi will be 14 I remember you having her just after I got Sleek. Take care BTW it's warm and sunny here. ((())) xxx

Morning Charlestown

Love the spud update looking good I am very impressed indeed. The garden ornaments are so pretty too.

So far no luck with the hydrangea but I promise my eyes are peeled. You want a peony? Be careful I bought 3 from the GC a few years back supposedly pink two are a sort of cream and brown 🙄

Thanks they are looking after the M-T-Be very well she was straight up to Stoke and seen within 10 minutes! I thought her bump looked v big.

Take care ((()))

Morning skinny Keef (who will never have another sugary milkshake again) bless you i hope you are gradually improving.

I am so very thrilled for you that your new bike is everything and more than you hoped for☺️ Drive safely and enjoy it. Exactly what we need sometimes a really good enjoyable distraction.

taterupdater I LOVE it!!!

Hope the family are doing ok. Any meal plans for the weekend? ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi

Good Idea - how is your Mum (we know you mean bs and will expand if she has acold etc)? And your MTX hangover? Hope it's not too bad. My turn later🙄

Nasty M is so so weird I hope she isn't horrible to that new person in the future I wouldn't trust her one bit. Does J (the organiser) see what she does?

Was RR there?

(Almost) 6 year old boys love snails much for than Toads do of course. He will love the sticker what a perfect Auntie touch to his card. Was that book for real?! what a fabulous title someone must have written it about our Dads!

If BIL's flatmates were stupid enough to make his bed for him they are truly intellectually challenged and well 'mugs' too. Your poor sister inherited a very spoilt man-boy there!

All good here in France apart from this darn arm I just can't get comfortable whatever I do for very long. Ah well.

Take care we are off this morning to site number 2 of our travels.

((())) xxx

Morning Toady

hope all is well with you today

My robin pic had been taken through glass too it doesn't help does it, but yours was just so sweet. Oh dear me runner bean string frayed eh?! a bit like Sleek's scratch post was.

Naughty magpies hanging around intimidating the robins -if you ask Sleek she will do you a walk past. A bit like a police drive by you know?

Not much exciting doing here we just got through Northern France well (the Normandie commemoration day0 and arrived at our first stop. Too tired to eat at their restaurant so just had a slice of toast each. Paul had crisps too and vegan chocolate.

Kari wants to try the sauerkraut again this time with the correct amount of salt! Bless her its should have been 3 teaspoons per cabbage not person (4 of us half a cabbage each!)😣

We shall see!

Have a good day

Love to Woofy, Julie and Sandeelily.

and a huge welcome to @Arthritic_Adventures aka Colin! anyone with a cup of tea in hand is welcome here.

another biker help! We are being taken over😁 I get it though being a car lover - classic cars for me and my husband. In my case not really classic as she is only 33 but still quirky.

I hope you'll pop in form time to time for a cuppa and natter. All food consumed here is calorie free and on that note (and as I am in France) let's have some breakfast:

• Skinny Keef

Hi Toni, yes, Niff and Woof coming for dinner this evening. Pies from our butcher have been requested so a slow dash to the butchers this morning before they sell out.
    probably do with roasted broccoli and carrots and new spuds and a bit of gravy. I will probably skip the pie and just have veg.
    have a wonderful time in France. Are u there for a hill climb or something?

• Skinny Keef

chocolate croissant and coffee was my standard breakfast when I was in Europe touring on my bike. Yum

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,095

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) how are you. You never say about how you feel have you got R A. Have a good weekend.
    Toni (()) have a lovely holiday. Don’t forget your phone. How is your arm. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) how are you love to your mum (()) have a good weekend

Skinny Keef (()) you have Colin to talk to about motorbikes that’s nice. Love to Sucr’e (()) and Loanda (())

Charlestown (()) the garden is big the back bedroom and the living room and the kitchen I used to like mowing the grass but I can’t do it now. Yes a gardener comes once a week. Because of my leg I can’t walk very well I use a mobile wheelchair so my legs have exercise going through the bungalow then I have my scooter to go out on. Sorry to go on.have a good weekend.

Sandeelilly (()) that’s a nice place to live. I live in Wiltshire. Have a good weekend

Hello Colin (()) nice to meet you have a good weekend.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

good morning Toni

Mum and I are ok 👍

Had blood test with vampire 🧛‍♀️
    wppl xx

• sandeelilly
    sandeelilly Member Posts: 77

@frogmorton @dachshund hi guys, we had a really good day would highly recommend Brooklands is brilliant day out if you are able to visit. No dinner out as his daughters came over with grandkids so take away it was.

My kids and Dens daughters meet up tomorrow so keep your fingers crossed for me x

@Charlestown @Skinny Keef @toady@bosh hi guys xxx

• bosh

hi Joan

How are you doing today?

Mum and I are not too bad thanks 🙏

LA’s birthday tomorrow

He said he’s older than my dad now lol.

Have a nice afternoon take care xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,364

Afternoon all 👋 quick post, having a bit of a 'mare as we young people say. Yesterday's highlights included a pigeon cannoning into the window like they do 😣 and the discovery that the empty-house neighbour had mowed down my mexican orange blossom plants with his stupid motor mower, the great clumsy lummox 🙄 . Bad night & bad dreams, then today (so far!) tried to go in the front garden to inspect said damaged plants and a funeral car drove up & parked across the road 😬 have to pack a nosegay parcel now and finish al fresco shop, then I'm going to sit in a cupboard for the rest of the day out of harm's way. Probably the biccie cupboard, move up bosh 😉.

Bon whatever time it is now frog 👋 glad you had a safe trip and all the best for the next legs. Hope all's well with the motorhome. Sleek being a very good part-time guest 😽 and a big help on birdie patrol. Nothing new in the garden in fact 2 plants down, see above 🙄 couple of seedlings indoors maybe. Take care and love to everyone 😊 xx

Love to Joan, I'm fine thank you apart from the usual trials & tribulations we all have. Yes it's RA I'm lucky I don't have daily pain just various odd joints & some things I can't do but unless I say differently I'm ok, so nothing to really post about; I do if I have a question etc otherwise I like to just come here for the tea and chat and gossip 😊. Hope your day is alright no dramas🤞xx

Hi to bosh, hope things ok with you today 👍️ bill and the missing bedmaking, definitely a childrens' books there, well nice work if you can get it or rather get out of it 🤨 . Hope all's well with everyone & all set for tomorrow. Ooh nasty M even deploying people as the human equivalent of putting your bag on a bus seat, well it takes all sorts but thankfully most of the all sorts aren't like that 😔. Hope to have some more interesting chat next visit it's not my day so far 😬 xx

There are potato pics of mine here somewhere SK, they are going a bit mad actually 😬 will add sometime, you can have a bean bulletin as well if you want 😉. Have a good evening with the outlaws 👍️ xx

Buddleia self-seed I don't think it's the only one Charlestown; don't even need one there's no pleasing some people is there 😂. Hope you get a good weekend for planting on 👍️ :) xx

Glad you had a good day sandeelilly and yes very best wishes for tomorrow's family doings 😬🤞xx

Nice to 'meet' you Colin @Arthritic_Adventures 👋 glad the biologics and doing their stuff for you. Have a good day, leave us your milk/sugar/tea/coffee instructions 😀 ☕️ xx

• bosh

hi again Toni

Vous etes en France? 🇫🇷

How very sophisticated- are you having a nice time?

Mums good thanks - no cold

I’m not too bad thanks

Back is maybe not 100% but I almost feel like I’ll “jinx” it by writing about it lol

Birthday preparations are afoot

I did some very bad gift - wrapping- I need lessons from toady

B test was ok, vampire is improving 👍

I am in a hot room right now so more later

Don’t worry I threw out the steak tartare that bill was about to serve you and I’ve got him on European bed making duty 😂

Bye for now Toni tc xx

• Hey WOW

What a warm welcome!!! So nice!!!!

Let me see hope I don't miss anyone, first of all I used to be double milk, single sugar, but I've cut that back recently just double milk, @toady. I'm trying my best to get my third Biologic working for me (…bit of a keener you know…) Stopped processed food, sugar, alcohol (but not my beloved beer, just no alcohol in it) eating the Mediterranean way (hesitate to use the work diet I it not to lose weight it's to feel better too) and lost 25 pounds so far in the last six months. It's made an immense difference in my PsA.

Why the change? 15 years on Humira and feeling like superman, I kid you not! Unfortunately came to and end with a diagnoses of three types of skin cancer with in a month (The melanoma scared the crap out of me). I was great ride feeling almost normal again (you guys will know what I mean, far from normal but way better than before Biologics were around) It was known potential issue with Humira starting out (But man what a call to get, YOU'VE GOT CANCER, I'm fine 3 years late no reoccurrences), off that and onto Cosentyx over Covid and I spiraled down the proverbial rabbit hole, first physically and them mentally (preaching to the choir I know). I even finally agreed to a handicapped parking pass! 2-3 years and in Nov 2023 I got onto Tremfya and was grim and determined to help it help myself. I knew I was hurting myself not even going for a walks much during Covid when everything was closed and everything hurt, but I fell off the bus, I just didn't know there was a cliff there and I had fallen off that too. It's so easy to lay down and play dead for a bit with PsA when there's a turn for the worse. In any event 6 months into the new me again ( this has got to be the 4-5-6th time I've done this, I've go to stay on the bus, sounds easy) I'm doing extremely well again. But man I had no idea how far back up it was. Enough of the story!!!!!!

I can do cars as well, not just motorcycles, I'd love to build a good old classic UK car, a Shelby Cobra!!! Be a kit for me, I don't have half a million for a real one… lmao …but I love to have that car. Outfit in the US makes them call Factory Five. They build a chassis with a fully independent suspension

Love your calorie free breakfast @frogmorton! Personally I've been missing my favourite blueberry pancakes over the last 6 months but I did sneak them in on a vacation to Mexico a few times. Sorry but I do like French Toast too, which brings up a good question is French Toast, French? @frogmorton

@Skinny Keef You can ride in and around Toronto Canada in good weather from as early as March in a good year, and as late as December. But these days, if your a die hard you can find a day to ride here and there in the winter too, lots of well above 0 C or 32 F days to choose from, very little snow the last 2 years. My favourite motorcycle from 35+++ years ago, wish I still had this one drained and in my basement just to look at it all the time, maybe sit on it and watch the TT this time of year… …I'm into Adventure motorcycles now, I even have a handicapped sticker on my plate for that bike!!!

Weekend should be good and I hope yours is too @dachshund and everyone else

Hope I didn't miss anybody!!!! Off to boil the kettle, me cup is dry….

• @Skinny Keef

What bike do you tour on? I'm on a 2018 Suzuki 650 V-Strom with 50/50 tires for some off road adventures

• bosh

hi toady

How are you today?

Orange blossom destruction- oh dear, not good.

Better day than yesterday for me, less mxt - related issues 👍

Vampire nurse actually did a good job!

No Stephen King style blood loss this time

She did keep up a creepy kind of unnaturally friendly chatter as a result of a reprimand from her boss I think,

But the actual wound was a single neat puncture, so no complaints

Walked back and ate a bit too much rubbish maybe but still, at least it was a good walk
    BR has started biting his whole family, which is a little bit worrying, but hopefully he’ll grow out of it and won’t do that when he’s in his 80s - I’m not saying that my dad who is in that age group bites people literally, but my goodness he does do that metaphorically.

he’s got some kind of cultural Society “do” this evening, so he’ll be away for a few hours and mum and I can have a bit of peace thank goodness

Yes Bill is as lazy as possible apart from in his job I guess but then again maybe I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt because when he works from home, everyone knows that for him it’s NF and family sized bottles of cola - time

Mums ok thanks - excited about a little LAs birthday of course I really hope my stomach is okay if not then I guess I’ll be on the bread and water diet not exactly fun- but safe of course

sorry you didn’t have a good day

Have a nice evening toady take care xx

Ps bill and his morning pizza lol xx

• Skinny Keef

@Arthritic_Adventures Hi Colin, I too have a disabled badge for my bike and Loanda’s car. People do a double take when they see my bike in a disabled spot.
    I have a GS1200, last of the twin cam 2011 vintage. I did try a 2018 liquid cooled Rallye version but it wasn’t as good as the old ones. Since my recent polychondritis diagnosis I have had somewhat of a meltdown and have just purchased a 2020 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT. It is an absolute beast. Steering head bearings are loose so gotta fix that tomorrow. Hope the bearings are okay and not been loosened up to hide the fact they are worn out. I was just looking in the manual at the torque values for the fasteners as I use a torque wrench on everything i can. The single rear wheel nut is 250nm 😳😳😳

Those old Suzukis are so nice. I went to the launch night of the RG250 RG500 Gamma and the GSXR750 and 1100 when I was 16 and just drooled over the RG500. I was absolutely in love. I had a lot of two strokes. My best being an Aprilia RSV 250 which actually used a Suzuki engine. Fabulous handling bike and the first bike I ever scraped my knee sliders.

I could fill the server up with all my motorcycle stories but I don't think VA would thank me for it 🤪

gonna do head bearings in morning. Too tired now and my ocd will turn a ten minute job into 2 hours. Best do it when I’ve slept at least a few hours and in good daylight. Just dug out my loctite as clamp bolt requires it.

@frogmorton does Paul do his own maintenance on his cars??

How is France?

• bosh

hi Toni

I don’t think J noticed about nasty M because she was right on the end of the table,

But that’s ok if NM wants to be childish etc that’s up to her.

Have a good night Toni

By this time tomorrow LA will be 500 years old apparently lol,

Take care xx

Ps one of bills many incarnations lol xx

• bosh

good night SK sandee C and any newcomers take care xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,364

Spuds about 10 days ago, even taller now 😬 flowers on the right taken today.

Have a good night all 😘 xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,793

Morning Joan hope you are doing ok? Its almost too hot here, but the aircon in the motorhome works well! Sorry to say my arm is not at all happy i am going to make that 2nd apt with the physio see if he can do the injection he suggested. Take care ((())) xxx

Morning Skinny Keef

How are you? I hope the meal went well and everyone went home with full tums😁

I made sure there is a pain au chocolat for you see above photo.

We are in Fance on holiday touring in the motorhome. Of course we will end up I think near Le Mans that will be our only concession to anything car related this time. Ah well…..

We do some of our car maintenance ourselves my ro and I love a challenge it's dead easy with the Fig, but when we are in real trouble we have a lovely chap only a couple of miles away who can sort them out MOTs and the like. We still do them for the AA cover even if they aren't needed legally.

Have a good day

Morning Sandeelily Good luck for the meet everything crossed for you and your OH that it goes smoothly 🤞

Morning Reshmi

glad you and your Mum were both fine yesterday hope also today.

How is your arm after VN was at it? Hope not too many holes/bruises.

NM can be stupid if she wants to I quite agree so very odd though. She really can't be well.

A very happy birthday today to LA!

I hope he has a fabulous day how great it's a Saturday this year the best day. Have a lovely day 500 year old boy so close to being an adulk now.

That squirrel looks like Paul and BIL, for sure, waiting to be served at every party/meal/ etc!!!

BTW loved the bear with his pizza - not many would ask him for a slice🍕

Take care and don't overdo it ((())) xxx

Morning Toady love your taterupdater for today they look fantastic won't be long before you are eating sweet fluffy new potatoes😊

Oh gosh no no no!!! Not your plant! Stupid neighbour will it recover surely it will? Maybe you need somehow to protect it.

Sorry you day was a bit manic Sleek will do her best to help if she can and try to make you sit down maybe watch last week's GW together. I believe she has ordered some doughnuts for the both of you…..

It's right hot here today maybe too hot but I can lie down inside for a rest every now and then put the aircon on so I have been.

the restaurant on this site is so lovely no vegan food as you can imagine so they made me the hugest plate of veggies everything they had I reckon! it was lovely and so very kind. No chips/frites sadly though 😔
    take care Toad ((()))

Hi Arthritic_adventures

what a story you have to tell well done getting back up after all that and stay put this time I hope. My youngest had leukaemia (2.5 years chemo then another 1 getting surgeries due to steroid/chemo damage) so you have all my sympathy and understanding for what you went through.

I eat a vegan diet like yourself Mediterranean much better and dodge alcohol where possible do pretty well totally. I have some alcohol free wine and cocktails to keep me going. I also avoid caffeine too.

I love the cobra! (You must get a kit car definitely such a great hobby.) It's fabulous! I will try to post a pic of my Fig if I can and my husband has a TR4A in red it's fabulous.

He also has an on MG midget in orange and I have (in the garage being fixed up) a frogeyed sprite?

LOVE it a good hobby as i said.

I had some of your blueberry pancakes thanks very nice indeed.

and I intend to try to make vegan french toast at home I miss that so much 😔

Where is Charlestown? I hope ok and just over the page maybe? If AWOL hope you are having a good time!

Love also to Woofy and Julie ((()))