Goods news on Elna

Options

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    You are home. How utterly unbelievable, how utterly wonderful. Take the very best care of yourself, my lovely elna, absolutely NO limbo dancing, you hear? I will be AWOL until Sunday but I will be thinking of you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    My dear Elna
    You are home...honestly you really are made of good stuff...I think its down to all those veg you grow.. :grin:
    Sorry you are all hot and bothered, I think it is cooling down next week..so you take it easy...you carry on at this rate...and you will be fine.
    Sending some gentle hugs (((((())))
    Love
    Barbara
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hello Elna,
    How wonderful that you are home, brilliant news. I am glad that you can have a rest from the neck brace now and then as I know how hot and uncomfortable they can be.
    I hope the bruises go down quickly.
    Very gentle hugs,
    Lv, I x
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    Elna Do you look like Nora Batty in your wrinkled?stockings
    Good enough for Compo good enough for me :evil :evil
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Thank you again my dear friends, Norah Batty and Combo, Tony, :lol::lol:

Will not be long on here but wished to update, I pottered around this morning, neighbour called in and one SIL phoned. I fell asleep on the settee, SIL I was expecting, woke me up, knocking on the door so that was good. :grin: Lovely to see her and she had brought in lunch for us. :smile: It was enjoyable sitting outside in the shade. 8) Ian popped home in his lunch hour too. SIL left around 3.30 pm and I fell asleep for about 45 minutes.

I do feel tired now and am waiting to have a shower. We have decided best idea is for us both to get in the shower together :lol: and Ian wash my hair for me while I stand there not moving my neck. Mmmmmm, wonder how that will all pan out? I cannot wait for my hair to be washed. :grin: So that is one day to cross off the calendar and one day nearer to seeing the consultant at my 6 weeks post op check appointment.

Thank you all so much for taking an interest and accompanying me on my journey. I hope you are all as well as can be and I shall try to call in again tomorrow. Ben and Lola are calling in to see me tomorrow morning. Lola visited twice whilst I was in hospital which she seemed to enjoy.

I have been summoned into the shower now …….. my carer awaits :lol:

Love to you all,

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    elnafinn wrote:
    I have been summoned into the shower now …….. my carer awaits :lol:

Wow! Is there a waiting list for this op, Elna? I think you just talked me into it.

Yes, getting one's hair washed post-op - one of the great pleasures in life.

I hope you have a lovely weekend. Don't overdo things.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Elna,

I knew I wanted that op for a reason :lol:

Glad you had a good day and hope you will feel a bit less tired tomorrow and the next day and so on. You know the drill it takes time for the anesthetic to work its way out the system.

Leaving a ((((( ))))) and a hope flower. Cris xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Elna,
    Best thing you can do is have little naps.
    I don’t me and hubby would both fit into the shower!!! Oh the first hair wash when you get home, bliss.

Lv, I x
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Morning elna

Hope you feel much better after your shower and hair wash :smile:
    and that you were able to get a good nights sleep.

It is good that you have people popping in to see you during the day and that you are able to nap here and there.
    You are doing brilliant and as you say it is now another day crossed off till your next 6week app.
    Have a lovely weekend

Thinking of you
    Love Juliepf x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    Oh Elna

l am so so so....what's the word? Thrilled amazed relieved to see you back posting :smile:

Your are an inspiration to us (sorry l know you will be embarrassed to see that) and l send lots and lots of support and love

Toni xx

PS will cool down later this week so you will be a bit more comfy in those lovely teds :shock:
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hello Elna or should I say Super Woman? you were really quick to get up, walk a bit and home that is great. Hope Ian is on cooking duties for awhile and everything else too or Lola could take over lol Don't forget to rest as well as exercise. You are doing really well and it's good to have you back :grin:
    Love
    Vonski x
  • mermaid
    mermaid Member Posts: 104
    Options
    Hi Elna

Just popping in to say well done for getting home so quickly, and I'm so glad the x-rays were good and surgeon pleased.

Nice as this weather is- and it is beautiful indeed - I do empathise with the neck brace in hot weather. For some reason both my neck surgeries brought on a heatwave!
    But this being England and October, it will be finite.

Have you got a Philadelphia collar or a Miami J brace? They come from America needless to say. I have just been given the latter this week - I call it Miami Vice!

Take very good care and go gently, especially when showering. Rope in all the help you can in these early stages, you probably feel quite fragile.

Know what you mean about 3 days seeming a lifetime - a lot has happened!

Rest well and thanks so much for posting so early in your recovery period.

Love Lizx
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    Hope you didn't get up to any naughties in the shower I would have :evil :evil
  • elnafinn
    Options
    tonesp wrote:
    Hope you didn't get up to any naughties in the shower I would have :evil :evil

:lol::lol: Tony, what do you mean? :lol::lol:You cheeky monkey. :lol: He did have a grope around and I could not do much about it as I was trying to keep my neck straight, being minus the neckbrace.Saying no more but can't wait for a repetition. Well it is either Ian helping me or no shower. No one else has offered and I can't blame them! :lol:

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • elnafinn
    Options
    mermaid wrote:
    Hi Elna

Have you got a Philadelphia collar or a Miami J brace? They come from America needless to say. I have just been given the latter this week - I call it Miami Vice! Love Lizx

Dear Liz

It is the Miami J Brace or Miami Vice one that I have! Thank you so much for following the thread. Today has been the worst day so far for me but I suppose there will be ups and downs so I am not surprised. I did have Lola here (3 years old) for three hours and although her daddy stayed she wanted to play with me - she was very good and it was lovely to see her for the third time this week (twice in hospital) but it did take it out of me and I slept quite a lot this afternoon. The heat is not helping at all but you will know all about that. Another friend wanted to call in but she fully understood how I was feeling and will call and hopefully pop in on Monday. I am hoping tomorrow will be visitor free. It is lovely to see people but it is tiring in the early days post op.

I hope you are getting on ok,

Love
    Elna x

• elnafinn
    Options
    Thank you for calling in to this thread today. It is lovely to read all you replies - keeps me going.

I shall keep this short as I am done in and it is late but I wanted to post. Today was tiring with Lola being here for three hours but she is so funny and cute that it was worth it. Not much cooking needed today as salads are the order of the day in heatwaves like this. I have made some phone calls, slept, and generally tried to take it easy this afternoon and evening.

Day 4 , today, has been the worst so far but I accept that there will be up and down days. Tomorrow is another day. Now, I shall leave all you wonderfully, kind people and go to bed and I shall be able to remove this neckbrace - bliss. :smile:

I hope to speak with you tomorrow and to perhaps write a couple of pm's too. I am thinking of you and hoping that you are able to enjoy this good weather.

Lots of love to you all
    Elna x

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    Hi Elna

l see from your other postings that you have been feeling a bit better so far today.

It IS hot but at least it does seem to cool down fairly quickly at night. Those teds can surely NOT be helping you at all :???:

I hope you have a quieter day - no visitors however well-intentioned ( Cris, Vonski, Val and everyone else get off the bus quick - she needs a rest p065.gif )

Love and hugs

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Elna
    Im glad you enjoyed the shower....or was it Ian that enjoyed it more...like you say, you need some quiet time now, and hopefully things will settle down for you very soon.
    I suppose its easy to overdo things when they send you home, now you look after yourself..sending you loads of very gentle hugs ((((()))) and love xxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Morning Elna,

As you so rightly say, some days will be better than others. I hope today is one of the better ones. At least it's a bit cooler here though I guess, with the heat come more showers. Enjoy!
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Elna

Hope you had a restful, pain less night and that today will be better for you.

Early days Elna.... and you've come through so much, it's not surprising you feel so tired. Family and friends are wonderful but at this early stage in your recovery rest is crucial. :wink:

strengthening ((((hugs))))

Iris xxx
  • mermaid
    mermaid Member Posts: 104
    Options
    Hi Elna

Thank you so much for posting. It's not easy in your situation I know.

I can relate to the exhaustion of post-op visitors, you have to space them out! - that sounds weird but you get the idea I'm sure. Grandchildren of course are the exception, wonderful little people, though even just watching them can take it out of you.
    I find phone calls quite difficult in the Miami Vice!

Get sleeps whenever you can. Dont feel you have to post if its difficult, your recovery in these early days is the most important thing.

Take good care Elna,
    Love Lizx
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    hi Elna glad you are having a quiet day this weather as lovely as it is can be is quite draining , its lovely to see the grandkids to but also nice to see them go home , :lol: hope all's well and knitting together well , will swop your neck brace for a while for my leg brace , they do say a change is as good as a rest :wink: enjoy the peace and recoup ready for visitors tomorrow xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Elna
    Glad you are resting......visitors can take it out of you
    Whats the weather like there?
    It was humid and sticky last night but today it is pouring with rain??? Am I the only one thats got rain {North East} :sad: :sad:
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello clean-haired one (isn't that just the BEST feeling?) I cannot believe how well you are doing, I am amazed, astonished and delighted. You rest as much as you need, GA does take a while to clear the system, you know I still cannot believe it . . . . . . . DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    hi Elna. It's good to see you posting again. Hope that you are getting stronger each day. Pretty soon you will be having solo showers, well, that is unless you are getting used to the groping :shock: :shock: :lol:

Looking forward to hearing how things are going hun.. Take real good care of yourself and rest as much as you need to. Visitors will understand :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP