Goods news on Elna

Options

Comments

• julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Elna
    Here's hoping you have had a relaxing day today.
    Take care
    Juliepf x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Elna,

I am sorry day 4 wasn't so good, I hope day 5 will be a big improvement?

Like the others say you do need some peace and quiet as well as rest cus it takes a bit of time for the anesthetic to get out your system as well as the actual op its self.

Hang in there and leaving stamina, strength and fortitude buckets as well as a cuppa. Love Cris xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Elna you made me laugh. we have a double sized shower so I often have to make the excuse I am expecting a parcel so he has to stay out and listen for the postman. I'm such a spoil sport.

I'm sorry day 4 was the worse so far.I'm a little surprised you had to play with Lola so soon after such an operation,but I guess she is used to playing with you and you wouldn't want to upset her. No doubt it was a hospital game!

Well each day is a step nearer recovery but it is still early days so do look after yourself.
    All the best
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Dear Elna,
    I hope today is a better day for you pain wise, it has got quite cool here which may make it better for you. The socks I never had to wear them I'm glad to say, instead some of my favourite nurses played darts using me as the board :smile: Some I didn't like just gave me the injection.
    You are doing really well and so quick it's amazing.
    Now the shower I do not believe Ian would do something like that, I was very :oops: as I was very close to becoming a nun. That said have you ever thought of writing a book or a piece for a over 18's mag? not that I know anything about them :lol:
    Love
    Vonski x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Elna
    I am still thinking about you, I suppose this is the time that things catch up with you, your body telling you to take it easy,I know that wont be easy for our super Elna, but I am sure that Lola will keep your spirit up.
    Love and loads of hugs coming your way..(((((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    Morning Elna, hope you had a decent night and today is better for you.

Watch the soap in the shower when you're groped mind, wouldn't want you slipping over. :wink:

:lol: Well, Del, I am going to chance another session in the shower tonight. I will most definitely watch out regarding the slipping with or without the soap. I am going back for more so it can't have been that bad. :wink:

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • elnafinn
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Elna

l see from your other postings that you have been feeling a bit better so far today.

It IS hot but at least it does seem to cool down fairly quickly at night. Those teds can surely NOT be helping you at all :???:

I hope you have a quieter day - no visitors however well-intentioned ( Cris, Vonski, Val and everyone else get off the bus quick - she needs a rest p065.gif )

Love and hugs

Toni xx

Hi Toni,

Neither the Teds, nor the neckbrace are helping me in this heat to stay cool, calm and collected :roll: No visitors today :smile: and it was good to really chill out and do exactly as I felt like, which was not much.

Lola and Lucie are calling in tomorrow for a short while, her mum cannot make it as she has to take her dad to a hospital appointment but as I said to her, I have a long recuparation period so we can meet up soon. Lola, Lucie and Ben are off to Lanzarote on Thursday for a week with other family members. Quite an experience it will be for Lola - starting off with the aeroplane.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hi SW and Barbara,

Looking forward to another shower in a little while. Today has been a much better day thank you. It has been no cooler here though and methinks there is more of this tomorrow.

Love to you both

Elna x

• elnafinn
    Options
    Dear Iris,

Today was a much better day, no visitors, so a total chill out day in the hear if you know what I mean.

Thinking of you especially as your op date draws nearer. You will be ok. Trust me, I am a silly old woman :lol:

Love
    Elna x

• elnafinn
    Options
    Dear Liz

I know exactly what you mean about spacing out the visitors. Yes, little Lola is over tomorrow but only for a short time. That is something to look forward to and seeing her mummy too of course. :grin:

Why do you still need to wear the Miami Vice? Or was your last neck op pretty recent? Yes, phoning can be a little difficult. I must admit I did nopt receive much help with using the neck brace before I left the hospital which was a little disappointing but seem to have sorted it now and Ian found me a good website with tips abuot that particular neck brace. Thank you for calling in to my thread, it is good to talk with someone who has had to go through similar.

Love
    Elna x

• elnafinn
    Options
    bertyboy wrote:
    hi Elna glad you are having a quiet day this weather as lovely as it is can be is quite draining , its lovely to see the grandkids to but also nice to see them go home , :lol: hope all's well and knitting together well , will swop your neck brace for a while for my leg brace , they do say a change is as good as a rest :wink: enjoy the peace and recoup ready for visitors tomorrow xx

:lol: I'd love to do a swop for a few hours, May - I do hope you are ok today and pleased to know you have got round the "itching".

Love
    Elna x

• elnafinn
    Options
    Hi Hileena, no rain here my lovely, wish there was, I would be shouting with joy and standing out in it!

love
    Elna x

• elnafinn
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Hello clean-haired one (isn't that just the BEST feeling?) I cannot believe how well you are doing, I am amazed, astonished and delighted. You rest as much as you need, GA does take a while to clear the system, you know I still cannot believe it . . . . . . . DD

Dear DD, yep, going back for more - shower again tonight. I have rested quite a bit today. Thank you for keeping in touch.

Love
    Elna x

• elnafinn
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:
    hi Elna. It's good to see you posting again. Hope that you are getting stronger each day. Pretty soon you will be having solo showers, well, that is unless you are getting used to the groping :shock: :shock: :lol:

Looking forward to hearing how things are going hun.. Take real good care of yourself and rest as much as you need to. Visitors will understand :wink:

Aw, thank you Tony, I have felt much better today than yesterday thank you, and to end the day, another shower so the first one cannot have been too bad aye? :lol::wink: I hope you are ok and been able to enjoy the good weather.

Elna x

• elnafinn
    Options
    Dear Julie and Cris,

Thank you for your good wishes and day 5 has been the best so far. Thinking of you both,

Love
    Elna x

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    well, the groping obviously helps :shock: :lol:
    I'm glad that things are getting better, you sound in great spirits mi dear..

I've had a really nice weekend, but as is usually the case on these nice days have overdone things.. Payback is inevitable :roll:
    Never mind.. Lol

Look after yourself hun.
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hi Tony

We don't learn do we? :eek: I have been summoned to the shower, best go, don't want him in a bad temper, then there is no telling what he may do :lol:

I shall be back to answer my postings in a while and to let you know if I survived or not! :lol:

Love
    Elna x

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Take as long as you erm, need to :oops: :lol:

And buy some soap on a rope, lol
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • elnafinn
    Options
    :lol: Tony, we have not been in the shower all this time, had to wait for my hair to dry before putting on this blasted neckbrace again to be able to sit at the pc. That is my excuse anyhow. :wink: Soap on a rope, now there's a good idea, but that may well spoil the fun. :lol:

Dear Elizabeth, Vonski and Barbara :smile:

Our shower is rather small, for two, I would call it very cosy for two people in fact. You spoil sport, Elizabeth, but I don’t normally have company whilst showering, and I expect the novelty will wear off soon enough. Yes, hospitals did feature in our play - at one point Lola was very busy writing a list in her notebook of what she had to do, and who her patients were. This was of course lots of lines, circles and squiggles.

:lol: There are many others on here Vonski that could write much better than me in an over 18’s mag. You thought of becoming a nun? Really? Glad you did not. :smile:

Lola is calling in tomorrow, Barbara for a short while. so that will be pleasant for me. :grin:

All in all, Day 5 has been the best day so far. I wonder what Day 6 will bring?

I hope today was ok for you all too.

Speak tomorrow, night, night, keep safe,

Love
    Elna x

• ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Elna,
    Oh I am pleased that today has been a better day for you. I hope you managed to catch up with the Archers; it is a must isn’t it?

Have a lovely time with Lola tomorrow and hopefully you will be able to fit in a snooze or two in between. :grin:
    Lv, Ix
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Dear Ironic,

You were on the forum late, I hope it was not because you could not sleep.I did not sleep that well, restless legs, :roll: but as you say, I can catch up with the zeeeees today.

Oh yes, top priority, yesterday morning was settling down to listen to the Archers omnibus - I had missed most of them earlier in the week, what with one thing and another :roll: :wink: My daughter has very recently got hooked on The Archers too, I was surprised. :smile: She is 32. I was not interested at that age at all.

I do hope that you are wellish and that you had a pleasant weekend.

Love
    Elna x

• bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    morning Elna glad YOU :roll: can have a shower all i get is a wet flannel as my brace is not allowed off, nearly get drowned with hair washing :lol: hay -ho at least its a bit cooler today enjoy your day xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • elnafinn
    Options
    bertyboy wrote:
    morning Elna glad YOU :roll: can have a shower all i get is a wet flannel as my brace is not allowed off, nearly get drowned with hair washing :lol: hay -ho at least its a bit cooler today enjoy your day xx

Good morning, May, yes, I do sympathise with you, I remember with my TKRs that it was very difficult to shower for a time and it was a case of the wet flannel for a while. This time around, with help, a shower is no problem but then I have this neckbrace on, so what with you in your brace, and me in my contraption, we make a great pair :lol: I am glad no one is going to see me today except perhaps the neighbours and Lucie and Lola as I am wearing the TEDs, turquoise crocs, a multicoloured sun dress and a blue and white neck brace. If you are interested to know what the neckbrace looks like, google Miami J Collar neckbrace and all will be revealed. :roll: I wish I looked anywhere near as good as the girl wearing the neckbrace on the net :lol:

It looks like another sunny day looming here. Atm it is quite pleasant but I fear it will not be long before it is really hot again.

Thinking of us both convalescing together in different parts of the British Isles after different ops.

Love and gentle hugs
    Elna x

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Good morning Elna
    I hope today is has good has yesterday...or even better...you take care...I will now go and google the neck brace... :smile: you really do amaze me with your resilience..
    Love
    Barbara
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Good morning Elna
    you really do amaze me with your resilience..

Well said Barbara :!:

Elna... you are a wonderful inspiration to us all....the way you have coped with what was a serious op :!:

Hope you have a good day....love the image of you in your multi-coloured 'outfit' :wink:
    we have torrential rain here .. no Indian summer in sight. :roll:

lots of love

iris xxx