((((((((DD))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    You can't keep a good woman down for long and with a plan of action, even if you are still feeling low, you are ascending once more. Keep going superstar, we're behind you all the way.
    Take care and huge hugs xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    That sounds more like our DD :D
    I hope your plan of action works out for you. At the very least it gives you something to work towards.

"The flower that blooms in adversity, is the rarest and most beautiful of all"
    Or something like that, anyway :wink:
  • wall1409
    wall1409 Member Posts: 294
    Options
    Hi DD

I think we have and still do have these feelings regularly but as they say Life goes on, and we struggle but we get there in the end, this flipping weather doesnt help. I wish I could take away your pain and worry, but I cant. Roll on warm weather, you may see a big difference then hun xx

Wendy xx
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    It's a case of mind over matter: I do mind but that doesn't matter.

That's a great saying but be sure to know it's ok that sometimes it really does matter very much. I respect your attitude very much and glad you felt able to reach out and share when you weren't feeling so good. I know it's cliche but this arthur business really can be like a rollercoaster ride and the emotions often soar and fall with it.

I don't know what you think of this saying but I love it and it reminds me of you. You are one determined DreamDaisy - generous and kind and full of advice. I hope you got what you were looking for on here and please know that we are only ever a click of a mouse away.

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

Take care and be kind to yourself.
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Hi DD,

No extra thoughts- just thought I'd send some ,ore hugs and positive thoughts in your direction.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{ DD }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Deb x
  • KayMick
    KayMick Member Posts: 27
    Options
    DD stay strong..I know how difficult it is to keep going when everything is such a struggle:( I too just didn't want to be here anymore & to be totally honest I nearly wasn't!! But my husband & children have pulled me through & it's my love for them that keeps me going. Please contact you're GP, there is support there. Again I know that admitting you're struggling is difficult but please do......I'm so very glad I did! The arthritis & pain is still there, but my mental health is better, with a combination of counseling & meds :) you need to be strong to deal with this horrible disease!!!! When you are in the wrong frame of mind it is all too easy to see only the negative in you're life!! Look at the good, get help & take it one day at a time!! It's all any of us can do!!

Much love Kay xxx
  • Mat48
    Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
    Options
    DD I've just read this thread and want to join in please in support of all your many fans in saying that the only way is up for you. Well actually you could maybe crawl along the sea bed for a bit longer but I'm really hoping your plan of action gets you back up a few notches at least - hopefully more than a few.

I came to this thread of yours after looking back at my earlier days on here in an effort to work out why my whole body is once again coursing with deep heat. Reading my second thread I see that I was thrashing around in denial still and in then you waded - the voice of sanity and calm through your own brand of caustic but ever so reassuring humor.

That was back in 2011. I'm now in a muddle with myself and everything else yet again - but at least this time I know how to do a Dream Daisy on myself to inject some wisdom and sanity on proceedings. That seems to me to be quite an amazing attribute that many on here have experienced - you should be extremely proud of yourself. I hope it keeps you going with the drugs and getting through the constant pain - at least knowing that there are so many people who quite frankly adore you!
    If you get lemons, make lemonade
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    :oops: :oops: :oops:

I honestly don't know what to say in response to all these amazing words which are coming my way so I'll settle for a simple thank you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 159
    Options
    I hope you feel well soon DD, you are what this site is all about - support, care and pateince
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi DD
    I've only just caught your post now...sorry.
    You seem to have a slightly changed attitude.....in your last post...compared to your first. Thank goodness
    I think it was jillyb that said "All things pass"......does that sound familiar :wink:
    I was told off on the forum for telling people to pace themselves but not doing it myself :D So......just remember what you said {to me and I'm sure others :wink: }
    What about the GP for some more meds....remember the last time you were feeling very "down" they seemed to really work.
    Take care pet
    Love
    Hileena
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Hi DD. I've not been on much the last few days so only just found this, I think everyone has said it all already. You are always there for us when we're down. You are such an inspiration to us all. I'm glad your last post showed you are feeling a little bit better and that you have a plan of action. I hope you do contact your GP and get some extra help to make you feel even better. (((hugs)))
    Christine
  • scattered
    scattered Member Posts: 326
    Options
    ((((DD))))

A little while ago I was talking with a friend about what having RA is like. It's not something I do very often and, as always, she was the one to bring it. She was saying that it is incredible what I do despite RA and she asked if I could see all the obstacles I overcome on a daily basis. I realised that I don't see any 'overcoming' I just see the obstacle and that I could do better, try harder, be stronger. With RA I don't see any of my successes, only my losses. It took another person to hear that and then gently show me that I do have successes, they are just different to those of other people.

I think I'm trying to say that, because of the nature of the disease we suffer from, we will often only see the losses that are so overwhelming. It takes others to show us our successes. Sometimes I think we need to give up a bit, to sit back, take stock and allow ourselves to mourn the losses that otherwise we ignore in favour of 'getting on with it'. There is nothing wrong with giving up for a couple of days, as long as on day three we gather ourselves back together, square our shoulders (well, as much as we can!) and take another step. I think everyone here is showing you all your successes, and there are many. We are all hearing you.

There have been a number of quotes on this thread and I'm going to throw in one of my favourites. It's from Antoine de St Exupery.

'What saves a man is to take a step, and then another step.'

Keep taking steps DD, no matter how small, or teetering.
    Take care.
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Hugs and more positive vibes , DD . Jillyb
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    The words I want won't come. 'Thank you' seems so inadequate but it's all I can rustle up. One of my favourite quotes (from The Prophet by Khalil Gibran) is as follows:

The deeper sorrow carves into your being the more joy you can contain.

(Yup, the inner Tigger is still there :wink: )

I'm sitting watching the snow fallling, cleansing the world with its bright light. I too want to be cleansed, I want things to be different, I want things to change but the only one who can effect that change is me. Not today though, my reserves of courage, determination and sheer bl**dy-mindedness are spent.

You are making such a diffference to this very bleak time, your support is invaluable and utterly remarkable. Thank you. DD
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hello DD. Am glad to know you are feeling just a little more positive. I know how hard it is to feel that way when everything is getting on top of you and guess we all feel that way at times. Stay at home (as I am) in the warm, (this wretched weather is enough to make anyone feel down in the dumps), rest as much as you can and what you can't manage to do today you can leave until tomorrow.

Take care of yourself. Lots of ((())) Beryl
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    At last this b****y computer is allowing me to post Yeah!!
    DD I am pleasd to see that dark cloud is maybe showing a few chinks of light, you know as well as I and everyone else that these feelings don't disperse overnight so it is going to take time, I remember you saying you have a good rapport with your GP I think it may be time to go and have a chat with her, we can only supply love, comfort, support and understanding, I can hear you saying what can she do :lol: well you wont find out until you see her, will you :wink: thinking of you hope you have a decent weekend...............tc.............Marie xx ((((()))))
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • jenniet
    jenniet Member Posts: 27
    Options
    Hello there DD.

I'm one of the luckier ones, I have RA and OA, I'm on triple therapy, but at the moment all is going well. This means I don't write much on the forum, which I know is wrong. However I look in on a regular basis, take what I want and carry on with my life - how selfish can one get? You however are amazing, the amount of time you must spend welcoming, comforting, educating and giving a general sense of well being (without being over the top) to others is tremendous. I am so sorry you are down at the moment but have no doubt that you can dig yourself out, if anyone can you certainly can. Just don't worry if it takes a little longer than usual.

Lots of hugs and thanks.

Jenny.
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Just you keep sitting there, coiling up tighter and tighter and eventually your bounce will be back Tigger. Thinking of you and sending much love xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi
    How you feeling? Any improvement?
    Do not forget you are an inspiration to all of us
    You have kept us going when we want to give up
    So please hold on tight if you can we are with you 100%
    Maria
  • sugarbuttie
    sugarbuttie Member Posts: 225
    Options
    Hi DD

I don't post that often but i check in once a week to see how everyone is doing. I was so sad to read your first post on this thread as I see you as the forum guru, the wise old owl in the arthritis world. As someone else said, it is very easy to forget that you too suffer a great deal because you are usually supporting others rather than asking for help.

The very fact you have revealed your current feelings and sought support tells me that you really must be p**sed off!!!!!

My usual saying to myself in such circs is....This too shall pass. Similar to your old saying. It is true, it will pass. And,if you give up, what exactly are you giving up??????

Your husband,your mum, your pupils and the entire membership of the Arthritis Care Forum need you!!!!!!! We will hunt you down if you ever think of disappearing.

So.....consider this a taste of your own medicine. WE are giving YOU some support for a change and YOU must listen or we will not be pleased!!!!!

Have some wine! Not the most medically sound advice but I know you like a tipple, as do I. A little bit of what you fancy does you good. That was my granny's advice and i think now is time to employ it.

Chin up DD, that's a good girl!
    Sugarbuttie xxxxxx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi DD hope things are looking clearer today, I think I might start calling you DD (Hannibal) as you make your plans and as he says 'I love it when a plan comes together!' Only you knows what needs looking at, so you need to talk to your Rhummey nurse or Doctor so I hope you can speak to who ever soon and get things moving to make you feel better. Big ((((HUGS))))
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    I too hope you are feeling a little better today. Scattered said it all much more eloquently than me. ((()))
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Once again, many thanks to each and every one of you. I have a cracking headache (probably thanks to the crunching neck) and am sitting here watching the snow tumble from the sky.

Believe me when I say I'm not anything or anyone special but I remember how difficult and bewildering life was when my PsA was beginning to be recognised as such. The cunning and guile of an auto-immune arthritis is very hard to comprehend, if I can help people through that then I will but it's becoming increasingly difficult to do as I ain't doing too well at the moment. Despite my drugs regimen I am slowly grinding to a halt thanks to the OA and seeing as how that won't be 'fixed' for a while yet I do feel rather glum. I would love to have two new ankles, two new knees and one hip - Dream on Daisy! :lol: I know that the meth etc are doing some good somewhere but as that benefit is not palpable it's hard to believe.

Right, it's time for a cuppa. Once again, thank you. DD
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Hi DD, just checking up on you :wink:
    I might join you in that cuppa, I also have a rotten headache. I wasn't able to look in on the forum at all yesterday, due to it, and an upset stomach. :shock:
    I'm pleased to see you are remaining as positive as you can.
    (((())))
    Numpty