I'm close to giving up.

Options
1235»

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Once again, my thanks to you all for your very kind words. I am creaking around trying to get ready to go, it's trying to snow and I feel soooooo rough. :roll: No matter, drooping and moaning won't change anything. :lol: I'll be back at some point on Monday, take care everyone and stay as well as you can, OK? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    Options
    A good weekend is what you and Mr. DD both need, enjoy!
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    Hope you've had a good holiday weekend DD. The increase of DD should help with your tongue, fingers crossed. Hang in there, you're on the right road.
    big hugs. R.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi DD, Hope you had a good Easter weekend, the cold hasn't helped arther suffers I know my left leg has been really painful and I couldn't go out because of the cold so was pretty depressed. So I tried to cheer myself up with a little on-line shopping! I truly hope things are looking a little brighter for you. I know I miss your great advice you gave people and your cheeriness that spread through the whole forum. Big ((((HUGS))))
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    I do hope that you are feeling a bit more..on top of things today. And I remember my dr telling me that when you are feeling rough/down treat yourself, even if its just a nice smelly bar of soap, it does work.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you.
    Karen xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello Sunday evening Mod, thank you for removing gregjoy3's pointless and upsetting little post. What a prat. :roll:

I spoke to my mum this evening, at some length, and things are not going well. She is beginning to accept that her days of independant living are gone but she wants to deal with things in her way. She is now, however, 'in the system' and I am not sure where we go from here. I hope to talk to one of her doctors tomorrow to clarify matters and to find out when I will be allowed to see her. At least my voice is coming back.

Right, sulph, cocos and a cuppa is the order of events, plus a few puffs on the inhalers followed by choccy. Night-night. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi DD
    I'm so sorry to hear your mam isn't improving like we thought she might.
    If she's as independent as my 90 yr old mam she will be determined to "do it her own way" as you say.
    Hope you get some information and help from the doctor tomorrow.
    The main thing is you take care of yourself.....you will be no good to anyone if you are really poorly. Right!!! lecture over :wink:
    Love
    Hileena
  • theresa4
    theresa4 Member Posts: 696
    Options
    Hi DD
    sorry to hear you're finding things hard you've always been such an inspiration to me as you cope so well and still find the time to welcome and help others such as myself. That said its not surprising that you now need a little TLC back. Im glad you have let everyone know as all too often those who take on a caring role often cant ask for support themselves.

Wishing you happier days to come and I hope that things with youre mum get sorted soon too, I know caring for mothers is not an easy task especially when youre not feeling too good.

Theresa x
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

Theresa xxx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hey DD sorry to hear things are not so great still, sometimes it's hard to see a parent like that and you not able to help them. But you have to think what is the best course of action to take to keep them safe and well and where they can be monitored 24hrs a day and get medical help to them fast if needed. If your mom can get her point across so she is happy with whatever course of action is agreed then great. I'm sure the doctor will be happy to listen to her. As long as she is involved with what's getting sorted I'm sure you will feel happier with that. You make sure you get the rest and relaxation you need as your not well still! I know it must be hard and you do get dragged into situations where family is involved but you do need YOUR time as well, remember that!
  • DrLarry
    DrLarry Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Good morning, I read your post today for the first time about giving up and yesterday I had one of those days. It is ironic that the meds they gave me for chemo last year had an impact on one system and then changing one set of drugs developed the hump that led to the arthritis and I suppose that is the way it goes. The moment that we put ourselves into the pharmascists hand then we get all out of balance. I have not read any of the suppportive ( I am sure) messages but i know as I have joined only in the last week you have been helpful to me. Being helpful to me does not make your pain or dioscomfort go away I am Very sure of that , but it illustrates a contribution you are making. So I wnated to thank you. Yesterday I had a crap day but today I dont hurt so much ....Hope you dont either

Larry
  • wall1409
    wall1409 Member Posts: 294
    Options
    Hi DD

Chin up hun, its just another stage to conquer. Hope you are feeling a bit better, this flipping weather doesnt help at all and sorry to hear about your mam. You were so supportive to me while I was having all the Neuro tests and good news its not MS its Fibromyalgia so now I know I can move on, shake my head and rethink how my life will go especially at work. Thinking about you hun

Take care we are here for you.

Wendy x
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hi DD. Just popped in to hope u are feeling just a little better today and to hope that your Mum is improving a little too. Take it easy and don't try to do too much. Beryl.