I'm close to giving up.

Options

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,943
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello DD
    i hope everythings going well for you and you are not in too much pain.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    The tongue thing sounds awful. I hope that the helpline can help you out. I know it is tough at the moment but we are all here for you. It's a bit like a marriage on here - we are here for the good and the bad.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hope things are a bit better for you today and you have had some feed back about your tongue, thinking of you............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hello DD. Just wanted to pop in and say that I hope you are feeling just a little bit better today. Beryl ((()))
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    How is Tigger doing? I'm thinking of you lots and hope there's a bit of bounce building up xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Hi DD,

Just adding my voice to all the good wishes and positive thoughts-hope today has had at least 1 good thing or positive experience in it-sometimes that's what we need to get us through the tough stuff.
    Hang in there, there will be a light at the end of this long dark tunnel. You clearly are made of strong stuff and amazingly resilient.

Deb x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Thank you everyone. It's been a rough day one way and another (all arthritis-related) but no matter. Tomorrow will go one of three ways (viz worse, stay the same, improve) so we'll see, yes? I'm wearing my sulky trousers. They're are a disgustingly good fit. :roll: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I'm wearing my sulky trousers. They're are a disgustingly good fit. :roll: DD

Get 'em orf :wink: : ((((()))))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I did. :) Hello Sticky, what were you doing on here? Please forget we exist - concentrate on the sun, the wine, the sunlight, your family, the sunshine, the food, did I mention the sun? :wink: I hope things are going well, you still have an ocean of time left so make the most of it. DD
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Morning DD, I'm pleased you've changed your pants :wink:
    I hope you have a better day today. It's off to a good start, with a post from Sticky. :D
    Take care, (((())))
    Numpty
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi DD, sorry I haven't been around for a couple of days to rally your positive vibes, I've been in bed with a migraine! I hate migraines!! But I'm back again over the migraine and ready to send you positive vibes and big ((((HUGS))))! And remember we all lookout for each other you would do the same if it was someone else so you deserve all the love you are receiving!! :)
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello all, I've had a rough morning thanks to life but I decided to ignore things and went into town. I have come home with a new 'phone and have had a very happy hour or so familiarising myself with it. I'm now tired, gasping for a cuppa and need to do some washing up. The fun is never-ending, no? :wink:

My right ankle is being a nuisance today, it's not happy about bending / flexing so I've changed into my sulky trousers. :roll: DD
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hi DD,Is the new phone an Easter present ? I'm having the new tomb raider game for the x box,takes ages to do as I have to keep resting the hands.
    Sorry you are still in the sulky trousers,hope they wear out soon .hugs and love to both Mig (((()))) (((())))
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    Tell it to behave. DD you are having a rough time and no new gadgets can do much but distract when it feels like its all going to hell in a handcart. I wish I had a magic wand, I'd wave it right at you. As I don't I will send you my human equivalent of lots of love, some big hugs and as much support as you can take! Love LV xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello LV, bless your kind and lovely heart, I am sure that the distraction this offers will be enough to get me through this current rough patch and the Easter holiday.

Mig? An Easter present? Well, I guess so, it's from me to me and I'm paying for it! :lol: Mr DD has just let me know he's leaving the office, he should be in by 9pm, so it's time to work up some enthusiasm for cooking. :roll: And time to make the bed. :lol: DD
  • 19smp59
    19smp59 Member Posts: 105
    Options
    Hope you are soon feeling better. I haven't been a member here for very long but have noticed how lovely and friendly you seem.

Suzanne x
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hope things are getting a bit better and the sulky trousers have been discarded for happier ones, did the helpline get back to you about your tongue? take it easy, thinking of you ..............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Morning all, I sincerely hope you are doing better than me. The sulky trousers are still about but today I have decided to wear my oldest, most comfy and tattiest pair of jeans :D The helpline did return my call yesterday, I am to increase my FA to as much as I think I need, so I'll kick off by going from one to three (I wish I could take 'em all in one go, that would be nicely easy but then I'm forgetting Rule 1 of arthritis: nicely easy no longer exists. :roll: ) My new 'phone is an utter delight, I am slowly getting the hang of it, well, I like to think I am! :lol:

Mr DD is lurking on the top floor so I am on tea / coffee duties but later we will head up the road to our favourite hostelry. The sun shineth brightly and the world looks better for it. DD
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,943
    Options
    Hello DD
    have a good easter. enjoy your meal at the hotel.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hello DD. Do hope yr pain will ease a little so that you can enjoy your Easter time. Take care and look after yourself. Beryl (())
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thank you both for your good wishes. I'm doing what I can viz pain-relief, I've upped the cocos and will pack some slow-release tramadol to take away so I can cope better with my mum. Mr DD will be off to watch some wugby tomorrow afternoon so Ma and me will have his car. I'll also take the Clatterator for her to use - she refuses to get one for herself but then won't let go of mine. :roll: I thank whoever that I am getting old whilst I'm still young enough to adapt. :wink: DD
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    Options
    hi dream daisy
    hope your feling bit better
    we all get somewhat depresed living with arther :mrgreen:
    me most of all ,but like lot of others on here when ive posted up and felt bit down in dumps you alway seem help me see sence.
    i want to thank you 4 that dd, and i 4 one think you are special just like many others on this site.

so dd its not only mr dd thinks your very special.
    happy easter big choci egg on its way to you and glass red.
    best wishes mike26 :P
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    Hi DD,

Just wanted to send you some love and let you know I'm thinking of you. Hope the phone is still lots of fun! Enjoy tomorrow and I hope you can cope without the clattorator whilst it is being borrowed!

Love LVxx
  • scozzie
    scozzie Member Posts: 333
    Options
    DD, I hope you've moved on from your melancholy ... it wouldn't be the same without your sage advice.

Scozzie
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    You are sounding a bit more positive again DD. Hope your tongue is getting better. A new phone? Have lots of fun working it out. Took me quite a while to get used to mine which I got a few months ago. Have to keep asking my gd how to do things. :lol:
    Christine