Newbie here, Leflunomide please help!

Options

Hi all, I’m 33 and was diagnosed with PsA at 16 and it has mainly always been under control apart from for the last 6 months or so where I’ve really struggled with pain and mostly fatigue causing me to have to reduce my hours at work which is not good due to lack of income! Anyway, I have been on 15mg methotrexate for a good few years now but I’ve just had 10mg leflunomide added last week and I feel absolutely awful! The fatigue is worse, I feel weak, I have a funny tummy and I feel sick mainly after eating. My question is, is it just my system getting used to the drug and the side effects will calm down or is this what to expect all of the time? I was to persevere with them (I think) but if I’m to feel like this all the time, I don’t know that I can! Thank you to anyone that can help!

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,015
    Options

Hello @Bedders90 and welocme to the Community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

I've put the link in below to the information we publish on Leflunomide which I hope will be of some help. It may be that it is just getting used to them (see side effects section) but if in any doubt best to talk to your Consultant/GP.

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/treatments/drugs/leflunomide/

I don't take this myself but there are many others on here that do and I am sure they will share their experiences with you. Also you could try searching the Community (magnifying glass symbol at the top) for Leflunomide and have a read through some of the search results. Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on.

Best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm