Ruptured Disc?

Options
1235»

Comments

• ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Cris, Hope you had a better day today. Thanks for the cake put some custard over the burnt bits. Quite liked the crunch :lol::lol:

Thinking of you and sending hugs and good vibes.

Lv, Ix
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi All,

Couldn't get a stable connection last night , too much static that felt like time for a storm but it didn't materialise..... still feels close though.

Hi Speedy,

Glad the gardening is all doing well, its nice isn't it? More importantly it gentle exercise for your hip though and ideal place to go more that 90 degrees? Got to be careful with that one for how long? Its not for ever is it? xx

Hi Iris,

Primmy is laid out flat, growing time I call it...... Haz did try and wake her up but he is so laid back she just looked at him and went back to sleep.... he gets much better results from Bracken :lol::lol::lol:

Iris I was just wondering.... is all this fluid in my arms and wrists the pa do you know? I see the pain clinic again next month and must remember to ask her about jabbing them as well......

Hope Wally is in a better mood and not plying up today? ((( ))) xx

Hi Joan,

I agree they shouldn't make sweeping assumptions but I am going to write to the gp and the eye doctor..... Its the most sensible thing for me to do I think.....

Hope you and Sue are ok? xx

Hi Tilly,

Yep I really treat people :wink: Burned cake and the omelette stuck as well :oops: :lol::lol::lol: They said it tasted nice...... :lol::lol: xx

Hi Sharon,

A shed load of bubbles coming up to you, with a bit of burned cake and a ((( ))) Are your wrists behaving better now? xx

Hi Rita,

Thanks flower I kinda let it get to me for a bit now. Back to normal now... what ever that is....Hope your ok? xx

Hi Joanne,

She would love one you know..... My own was a spoilt brat and well having created my own monster I have now done it again to someone else's :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Bess her she is so sweet....except the Fanny Flat Ears bit she is so good at :roll:

Hope your ok and Primmy ants to know what colour is your tent? xx

Hi I,

Glad you liked it a bit more for you as well :lol::lol::lol: I chucked some to the chicken this morning and they asked could you send them some custard please :wink: xx

Hey the Gastro (who is a nice consultant) said the mtx was controlling the crohns but clearly isn't dong my wrists..... He said if the Rumo needs to change it maybe they could liaises and come up with a drug that does both..... I know the rumo said funding for anything else just wouldn't happen so I might ring and ask if I can up the dose yet again..... will see what the pain clinic think......

Hope you all have a decent day and Des said hi again (just had a text from her).

Thanks for all the help you have given me this last week or so. Much, much much appreciated. Oh and the neck..... its not so good again but will skip the doctors :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Cris,

don't blame you for skipping the docs .... why don't you try the vets?!! :lol::lol::lol: After watching that Bionic vet programme again this week- I think the pets are in for a better deal!!

Another 4 weeks of the damn 90 degree rule and then I shall take matters into my own hands ... already pushing the rule a bit ... but I'm referring to total flouncing!!

Deperate to get on my hands and needs and rummaging in the borders again (though being realistic, what my mind wants to do and what my body agrees too - isn't always in sync....)

The letters are a good idea. I prefer confrontation through letters - you can plan what you want to say, read and edit and get the message across and likewise the receiver can read it more than once.

Do you sleep with your arms and hands raised like Iris and Marion to help with the swelling?

Hope the residents are all behaving and not getting ideas above their station.

Love
    Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Speedy,

I am thinking I might have to rearrange how I sleep... for so many reasons :wink: I can only lie on my left side..... the back will not shut up any other way but I can't turn over asleep... can only just do it awake.... and always end up on my back which wakes me cus it wont tolerate that one for long......

The 90 degree rule is for about 3 months then? After that its ok to do your own thing then? See I have so much to think about though the 3 months cover is sort of there if I do go for it.....

Mine are loosing movement all over the place but they are nothing in terms of pain to the lumber... or the neck and well I sometimes think I am better with these restrictive move mt ones? I don't know... I see the rumo in October so will ask him....

The wrists are horribly swollen again and its fluid... above and down the outside of them.... Oh the joys of arthritis eh? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Your doing so well I kinda think I might go for it.... it might make the lumber hurt less even :D ((( ))) and hi to S who I hope is ok? Cris xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,443
    Options
    Hey Cris

I put custard over my birnt bits too :) yum :D

actually I had to eat Tia's bread and butter pudding yesterday :shock: last weeks was ok (ish) - this week she had to to a 'healthy' vesion......

heaven help me - i had to eat it!!!

Glad you have a plan and I think it is a sound one.

Love

Toni xx
  • speedalong
    Options
    Cris,
    have you tried pillows or a bolster behind your back, so you don't turn over, but stay on your left side? Just a thought... But how to raise your wrists/hands when lying on your side is a bit of a challenge ...!!

The 90 degree thing is usually for 3 months and then the risk of dislocation is minimal, so you can do what your feel up to doing. 3 months cover should you need it is an amazing back up - means your options are open....

Get all your facts from the doc, but if you were using your hips normally you might put less stress on your lumber and neck .... my whole trunk was "out" because of my hips - I'm having to relearn how to hold myself straight when sitting and walking, I've not had any pain in the neck and shoulders since ... but I haven't got the complex problems that you have.

S has had rough couple of days at school and I'm not sure if this is because he is tired or the antibiotics haven't worked on his sore throat ... fingers crossed it is the former ... we have just gone for a short walk to the post box and beyond which he enjoyed and I got to practise walking like a pony (see my physio thread for this to make sense!)

Love to you and the menagerie ...

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Cris :D

I'm sorry I have to be the one to break this to you .............................burnt cake don't taste good

That bit you sent me?...even Ruby who eats just about anything (even sheep poo) backed away from it. ha ha!! :lol::lol:

I am so glad you have hatched the cunning plan...the written word is powerful. :!:
    one of my well known & favourite sayings when annoyed, let down or angered by an incompetent 'official', is that.... 'I can feel a letter coming on'
    so good on ya girl....tell em.

I am worried about them hands of yours....you need them xrayed to know what's affecting them...the OA or the PA. It's the PA in mine as you know. Please ask the pain clinic peeps to arrange an xray if they can do that? and they will be able to tell you anyway if it's inflammation and fluid in them.
    I used to have the fluid drained and then steroid injected...worked for a while until the joints got too damaged...
    but could be what you need just now and might bring relief.

I could send you down my hand therapy wax bath?? honest I am not able to use it just now so you could have a try see if it helps you as much as it's helped me.....really soothing for those sore hands. what about that then as a help meantime?

you are and have been suffering too long with this Cris. honest you need to be getting the right treatments and know what your options are (I am repeating myself :oops: :roll: )

Iris x .....and the loons send you wags and slurps.
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Speedy,

I really hope S will start to feel much better soon. Hopefully the antibiotics have started to work on his sore throat.

Its probably true these hips do nothing for the lumber, either they or the lumber has bent so one is higher than the other..... I shall give it some serious thought and will talk to the rumo abut it come October..... Not sure though about the 3 months out though and there are a lot of things that make it a bit impractical...... especially as they are not that painful compared to the spine and neck. I am so lucky there eh? they are just losing movement and a bit 'sore' but that's all...... Someone was looking out for me eh? In so many ways :lol::lol:

I shall go see why your walking like a pony.... Hopefully that's only your legs and not on all 4's :lol::lol: Primmy wants to know if you need lessons? xx

Hi iris,

The rumo said its pa in my wrists..... they are symmetrical though the left is slightly worse cus I use it more. They have been giving a bit of grief of late but I am sure the mtx almost got them for a bit..... its going to have to go up again I guess....

Hope wally is behaving and I shall go see if he is. ((((( ))))) and a special 'treat' for Ruby :lol::lol::lol: xxx oh no names have come to mind yet.... sure they will :wink:
  • frogmorton
    Options
    IRIS!!!! :shock:

Mine was better than me step daughter's healthy bread and butter pudding :roll:

Goood for the digestion I've heard - burnt food..... :wink:

Cris

Hope you are trucking along ok - het when DID you last have xrays on those wrists?? Serioulsy?

Speedy

I do hope S feels better soon too :(

Toni xx
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Toni,

They have never been xrayed, nor have my elbows. Its all to do with funding and how many xrays and scans I have had.... its very obvious though isn't it this bone problem ad the swelling..... Its something I wouldn't mind them doing but I keep forgetting to ask and the rumo is certain whats wrong with both of them so.....

It wasn't that burned really :wink: Just Iris is used to white choc stuff :lol::lol::lol: No comparison eh?! xxx
  • dorcas
    Options
    Hi Cris...I can't understand why they won't xray your wrists and elbows :? how do they monitor the 'progress'(stupid word, sorry) of your PA? how will they know when/ if surgery would be a benefit for you?

Cris dear heart you need to ask rheummys or docs to organise xrays for you....when you does your cunning plan letter include the fact that you have not had xrays...(which is a basic investigation for any of us arther peeps).
    If you get referred to ortho you can be sure they'll do lots of xrays!!

:roll: :roll: ((((hugs)))) Iris x
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hi Cris - just popped in to say "hi" and "thinking of you".

Oh, and please can we borrow some of your sheep for the garden cos the grass could do with cutting and it's a bit hot for the mower?

If you could just point them in the direction of the garden, I'll make sure they're well looked after while they are "working".

((()))s coming your way!

Love Tilly x
  • speedalong
    Options
    Hi Cris,

will be interesting to hear what the consultant says ...I would think it would be worth "fixing" any joints that you can! Pity they can't do anything for backs ... is that because they are just too complex or because it is too risky or what?

Great idea of Toni's - could we borrow a sheep too ... or do they trim the borders too - if so, then, no thanks!!

Speedy

PS hope pillows/bolster thing works. Might have to tuck the bedclothes in that side to stop them moving/falling off the bed ... even if it is just a sheet to hold them in place.
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Iris,

He seems to have diagnosed it from the symptoms but will ask for xrays. They don't seem to use them as much as they used to.... expense and radiation I guess? I was sent for CT tests but they were ok so that's something isn't it?

Will talk to the rumo in October. Might be interesting part from anything else the elbows and wrists are each more at fault depending on who you talk to ... the rumo says the wrists are the wost the pain clinic seem to think its the elbows..... haven't asked the gp :lol::lol::lol::lol:

((( ))) xx

Hi Tilly,

Tis better cus we had a bit of rain in the night. Rowan came back yesterday as well :D Couldn't load the car this morning though but.....

Hope your doing ok and will check out the hammock later I think make sure its ok for us to use. xx

Hi Speedy,

I had big surgery on the lumber back in the '80's. It worked reasonable well though the oa has moved on a lot since those days. There isn't much else they can do with that bit except rod it and would eliminate all the movement. I don't bend so well but roded I wouldn' be able to bend at all so its something I have put well on hold. With the deterioration and extra bone growth they may not be able to get in there now.

The neck is too 'unstable' not sure what that means...... Its got a on of narrowing, disc gone or building, more bone growth and a far bit of peripheral nerve damage so they won't operate on it. Every so often the rumo says they might but I think that's to leave me with the false hope cus I just want it to hurt less :wink:

Hope S is feeling much better and you both have a good Sunday? xx
  • speedalong
    Options
    Hi Cris, I can't see them getting many takers on the rod up the spine op - can you? So many people have problems with their backs (though not many as complex and as bad as you, I'm sure) you'd think they would be designing something better than just a rod ... a jointed rod maybe??

"Unstable neck" mmm - oh dear - operating the hips sounds a much safer bet ...

The fact that your muscles are strong, exercised daily and keeping your crumbling skeleton together is a godsend, that is all I can say.

Hoping a few days of cooler weather will suit S, am also treating him for oral thrush ... antibiotics have their downsides don't they. My hips ache today and my body is demanding an easier day. I think I might only do a very short stint of cutting the daisies today!

Speedy.
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Cris

I have a ffriend who has a rod in her back - she is the one who has the same as JEAN so that's why I think.

Wouldnt fancy it myself..... :shock:

Unstable neck.... :?: :shock:

I do hope you can get some xrays done - it would be nice to have an overall picture for sure so that a plan can be devised wouldn't it?

Love

Toni xx
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Hi Cris

Just to say I am thinking about you and hoping that you are able to get some sleep ..

Glad that the methotrexate is keeping the Crohn's under control anyway..

Hope that the animals are all OK. Have you got any sales on this week?

Best wishes

Marion
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Speedy,

Its when there is nothing to lose I believe and if that happened I would have it roded I think...... Don't know and hopefully wont have to eh?

Oh they put me in this corset, it was steel and velcro.... you couldn't bend if you wanted to :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Sometimes I wish I had kept it :wink: Getting up and lying down(the latter being the worst) was a mix of rolling and falling basically but it was good cus I have to get up that way so often now a days cus the lumber just ain't too happy if I have ended up laid on it :roll: Bit lie a roll and a push up. Will try the padding behind me idea.

I honestly believe muscles are the best way to fight back with arthritis, without them I know my back is useless! I honestly do know that and the use it or loose it is so true for my back.

Gad S is a little better, bless him he has had a bit of a rough time of late hasn't he? I really hope it is to do with the heat and its a bit cooler for you now? (((( )))) xx

Hi Toni,

Good to know if needed though I can pick your brains about how good she is re mobility..... I think it will be some time before I would go that road I really do. My neck just now i would willingly cut off :lol::lol::lol::lol: I have no idea what 'unstable' means and I assume that could be roded? I have so many questions but never remember or get the chance to as them...... 'Specially at the moment when I seem to hold information for about 5 mins :oops: :lol::lol: ((( ))) xxx

H Marion,

Its still sore as anything but I see the pain clinic doc again next month. I am still sure this is a disc and it is a bit easier but the sale on sunday i failed to load up. I get better as the day goes on and should have done it saturday night....

Got one to do Thursday 9less it rains) Saturday and sunday :roll: I so wish i didn't need to earn a living :lol::lol: Guss I am not alone there :lol::lol::lol:

Hope your wrists are feeling better? Slurps to your dogs from this lot and one of mine wants to know if Frayer (I hope I have spelt it right?) has been stealing again lately? ((( ))) xx
  • dorcas
    Options
    Morning cris :D

hope you had an easier night?....did you get to your bed?

am still trying to think of how you can rest those swollen wrists....elevating them is definitely helpful, but I know you can't have them 'strung up' at night cause of your back.

will ask my clever son for ideas...he's the one that strung me up after all!!...for all the right reasons and only my hands I must hasten to add. :lol::lol:

love to your loony bunch from my lot. hope haz and your gal got back safe from their wee trip up north to see Jakey boy and Ruby. :mrgreen:

Iris x

ps how's n035.gif
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Cris

I think neck ops are still so iffy that rodding might be an option eh?

Think I woudl rather you didnt chop your neck off :shock:

Love

Toni xx