Living with rheumatoid arthritis

I have never had a friend my age who can understand what I go through, I’m a young girl and can’t handle work as I am really struggling with my arthritis, I can’t even walk round my block :( I also have bad anxiety so I don’t talk to people much about what I’m thinking or going through, i never like talking about my illness to anyone I always try and hide it, so I’m glad I can be myself in here x

Comments

• Hey,

I can completely relate to that. I have not long been diagnosed and have been off work for 2 months due to pain and needing to figure out what all this was. I’m 22 and don’t talk about my arthritis to my friends as I know they can’t relate in any way so will feel sorry for me instead, which to me is the worst thing anyone could do I hate it😂.

so if you ever wanted to talk feel free x

• Jamielee
    Jamielee Member Posts: 27

Thank you so much for replying back, I’m so the same I hate people feeling sorry for me😂 and same to you, if you ever need to talk I’ll always be here to chat xx

• ah_1
    ah_1 Member Posts: 6

Hi

i feel like that most days, it can get difficult. I think keeping our emotions inside makes our anxiety worse. Im married and i cant even tell my husband i feel no one understands how hard it is and emotionally draining it is. Especially when i cant get out of bed aometimes or even open a coke bottle. Also i feel like i lose confidence when i tell people how hard i am finding it ? Is it just me ? Sonetimes i think i need to just get over it ?

sorry for all the emotions !!

• Jamielee

@ah_1 hi, I really hope ur doing well and I totally understand everything your saying!! I can’t even open my doors in my house ☹️, so no it isn’t just you, your not alone, anytime you want to talk about anything even if it’s a rant, I’ll be here to listen ❤️Xx

• ah_1
    ah_1 Member Posts: 6

Thankyou i just started to discuss my emotions today and already feel better, im gunna look into hobbies something that can help sooth me and give me comfort even if its yoga.. i think self care is important .. thankyou so much for listening to me

• Jamielee

Well I’m glad you have decided to talk about it because it can help. And yes you should try yoga and maybe after lockdown swimming, I’m really good in the water and can move a lot better, you are welcome I’m here to listen and if you need any advise I can try and help ❤️❤️

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Jamielee

Hi @Christian78 , I’m doing better today , I’m glad to hear it’s nice and sunny and your pain is abit better today aswell, it’s been raining over here, I’m in Manchester so it’s always raining. Thanks for checking in on me and I hope you have a nice chilled day. Sending hugs. Xx

• Shazr
    Shazr Member Posts: 4

Hi everyone I’m 33 and just been diagnosed. I’ve been off work 11 months in a bad way with no luck with medication yet and very active RA .... I get the emotions feeling like you can’t talk and not knowing how to deal with this ... it’s good having this group as it makes you realise you aren’t alone

Sharon (Belfast) 🥰

• Jamielee

Hi @Christian78 sorry I took it down and don’t know how to get it back up haha , and how are you today, I’m feeling okay up to now I had a good sleep also:) I hope ur feeling well

• Jamielee

@Christian78 sorry I haven’t been online all day, I’m in a bit of pain in my elbows and hands but I’m okay thanks you, I’m glad to hear that your doing well and I will bookmark you now, I hope your appointment goes well and I’ll check in tomorrow, good night :) x

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Nice to see this category getting used more than it used to. I am far too old to be coming in here, (well over 30!!), but just wanted to see how people were getting on. Lovely and supportive I see!

Will disappear now for another few years!

Take care everyone