Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,937
    Options

Good morning everyone this is my second time

Kitty (()) It’s so nice you being in a bungalow (()) have a good day love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) I hope your problems can be sorted thing’s go around in your head. Have a good day.

Barbara (()) how are you. Have a good day love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) how is your pain today (()) that’s good your friend coming over to see you she’s doing well going to football (()). Thank you for pepper’s cake. Good that Annie is feeling better (()) Lucy doing so well going places on her own she’s sensible she knows what to do (()) love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) sorry your mum has a sore throat I hope it soon goes (()) and you went to your club good have a good day.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,075
    Options

Good morning everyone hope you’re all doing ok? Xx

• bosh
    Options

no toady 🐸 around?

I hope she’s ok xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you doing today?

I’m okay at the moment thanks👍

yes v odd Xmas day meal indeed lol

thanks about the vitamin advice

mum still has sore throat

bills appetite has returned 👍

im ok now thanks but was feeling a bit weird before sort of dizzy feeling my mum recommended having some sugary food etc as could’ve been blood Sugar I think she was right so I’ll stop here as still tired really, I’m not being rude

you take care of yourself and your back

bye tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

how are you and Sue doing today?

im ok atm thanks quite tired tho

mum still has sore throat but otherwise ok thanks 🙏

bye for now tc xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,143
    Options

Hi all 😀 hope we're all well, quite a nice morning bright at least even if chilly and windy.

Bit of leftover post today frog some postmarked way back so at least there's still hope for cards that are late although one or two people that I haven't heard from I might worry a bit and will have to email or ring. Glad to hear Annie is feeling better apart from the side effects, how long of a treatment have they recommended? Do hope Charley is coping and feels just about ok herself maybe as you say testing negative by today. Glad you had a 'just girls' visit from your friend too and that will be very nice if she can go to the football. Dear Winnie 😍 oh I want to brush a little cat's face now 😽 what a sweetie. It certainly was windy, did you manage your walk, I have literally only been out for a potter in the garden. Friday already tomorrow, and feels like Sat to you, well it is all very odd & neither nor isn't it, this bit between New Year. But we made it I guess and nobody's pet turned on a hairdryer and set the house on fire (omg) so we get points for getting this far I suppose. I have HAH tomorrow (who knows when, I expect the tracker will not be working) but at least nothing else much to do. I have still not shopped although I was browsing a bird food called ready peck 😄 the email-pesterers were not offering me anything just prodding me, so they can whistle for it 😉 yes very annoying marketing. Have a good day tomorrow whatever you have on, cat-visiting & anything else :) xx

Hello joan, sorry if you had to do your post twice over 😔 I lost part of mine the other day doing the highlight & delete thing somehow but at least it was only a bit of it. I will try and get on with my 'things to do' methodically in the New Year but yes it isn't easy not to chew them over in your head as you say but that's mainly because it's all unknown factors, and not knowing whether jobs will turn out ok. I don't mind having them done or even the waiting around it's the thought of something going badly that puts me in suspense, will be nice just to get one thing over with. Have a good Friday and Sue too :) xx

Hi bosh, I was around this morning briefly (even if I'm not in here look for my 't' usually at the bottom with the 'who's online' I'm probably just doing something else) but today I was trying to get some useful things done, rounding up stuff for the bin tomorrow and some housework & tidying, so tried to stay off the laptop. It was very windy so maybe you didn't go out and especially if you felt tired & a bit lightheaded, hope it passed off quickly, take it easy 👍️. I haven't done anything this afternoon except catch up on a couple of emails etc. All I got in the post was a gp surgery letter reminding me I haven't been for their 'yearly review' which is always pointless anyway, not festive post exactly 🤨. Have you looked at any online 'sales' it doesn't really mean that much these days it seems because a lot of places never stop having them or offers of one sort or another, it's not the same as when you used to wait for definite end of season sales etc. Btw yes I do know the Metallica song well and like it 😀, I looked up & reminded myself when it came out and I would have sworn it was older than that 🤔. Are you a spotify playlist type listener or do you still have & play physical music etc, bit of both for me these days and quite a lot of 'ru(biks)cube' I think that was your rhyme for that music video site or am I wrong about that too 😂. Hope you feel better this evening and sorry about your mum's sore throat too. Bye for now xx

Love to Barbara and Kitty & everyone xx

• bosh
    Options

hi all

a little poem from me

This is entitled rest and rare blend coffee

time to slow down our bodies but not our minds

rest is essential and writing too

for my mind to stop its restless and meaningless flits,

EF’s chocolate cake may be reduced to tiny icing - free bits

but at least the Pater of such lords seems to be on the mend

so soon he’ll be swigging his beloved coffee - an unusual blend

Of puréed mince pies turkey and jelly

oh wait that’s LA’s favourite way to fill his young belly

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

ok fair enough, look out for the t I get it thanks 🙏

im not really feeling that great , never get dizzy so that was an unpleasant “first”

yes those GP letters are irritating aren’t they?

festive indeed lol 😂

did walk actually felt bad quite a few hours afterwards I think

I’ve been trying to be “good’ had a small soya hot choc yesterday in town admittedly but I was tired and it prob wasn’t end of the world lol, but have been resisting chocolate bars etc a bit more than usual so may indulge tomorrow if I feel up to it

used to hear CDs but long time ago now really- at one point dad threw out all my old CDs without asking me - “nice” of him wasn’t it? - I like Dotify lol but don’t buy a lot of music downloads these days

i know insufficient response but I think I need an early night really

mums the same thanks

good night toady and everyone Tc xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,438
    Options

Morning everyone

How are you today Joan? and Sue too is she doing ok? Did you struggle to post yesterday you said you were in twice. The steroids are making Annie quite tearful - they used to to Lucy too. She has another 3 days I think on them maybe only two now. Charley was still positive yesterday but the line was much fainter. I think that cake would have been perfect for Pepper - who to me is still a puppy! ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi how are you doing today? I hope your blood sugar is ok now? How is your Mum's throat too?

I am pleased (it would be an awful thing if it carried on) to hear BIL has his appetite back😁 The EF poem is just so funny when you know all their quirks thank you for that. I am still taking extra vitamin C and vitamin D but think I escaped catching COVID at the funeral by now. I just want you all to be ok now having mixed with BIL and your sister and nephews too.

My coccyx seems very much the same as it was I supposed it is a slow healing sort of area since you have to sit and stand a lot in general life don't you? Thanks for asking though I am ok managing it better remembering to be careful.

That drinking joke it brilliant 😁boy that girls can drink!!!

Imagine someone wrapping that drum kit! Reminded me of the time I wrapped a 'walker' for my (now deceased MIL) it looked lovely but was totally obviously a walking frame.

Have a good day enjoy your walk, but try not to get blown over won't you? It's WINDY!

Morning Toady. I really struggle this time of year it is so tedious just getting through until the world reopens properly goes back to work and school etc.... Today feels like Sunday it's just too much for my small brain. As you said though we survived it including my friend who had been absolutely dreading it. She is very up and down, but when she's up she is getting important stuff done like financial matters.

Hope HAH come at a convenient time not when you are otherwise occupied like in the loo! or wanting to get into your jammies.

Winnie loves physical contact (particularly having her face brushed) and company although she doesn't sit on your lap she is right next to you and purrs like mad.

I love her to bits she is such a sweetie. Must try harder to get a pic for you all today.

We didn't get more post yesterday I'm glad you did hopefully more cards have yet to arrive and not too much checking up on people is required. I need to make some phone calls to be honest.

Annoying no discount offered to you after your browsing - I have got to buy something...oh dear me oh dear no one will offer me a discount on it😣I thought I'd help by doing some of Lucy's ironing? and singed one of her work uniforms. I think I have located some the same online😳

Right love to everyone who pops by

A lovely Indian breakfast😋

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Well it’s nearly the end of the year. I hope next year is good for everyone

Kitty (()) have a good day take care. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) how are you feeling. Have a good day. They say we have snow coming. Have a good weekend.

Barbara (()) Have a good day take care. Love to Mr B (()) have a good weekend. and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) Winnie sounds lovely just right for Lucy (()) I’m sorry you singed one of her uniform’s. It always happens in a place that’s noticeable. Sorry about Charley and Annie I hope they feel better soon. It seams has if it’s never going it’s staying the same has the flu. Yes I think the pain stays in your coccyx quite a while (()) have a good weekend love to your friend she’s doing well (()) and Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) how are you feeling now I hope the dizziness has gone (()) sorry your mum still has a sore throat (()). Have a good weekend

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi everyone xx

wppl xx

ps late breakfast lol xx

• toady
    edited 30. Dec 2022, 14:12
    Options

Hi all.. it was nearly my turn to say hope bosh is ok as no little 'wppl' but here we are 😊 see you later on.

Really jolly cold today I call it, bit nasty all round drizzly & dark. No plans for today unless it perks up drastically and I walk round the block, otherwise it's odd jobs. Hope things alright with you today frog and poor Annie is hanging on in there with the ups & downs 😔 2 or 3 days more is not too bad of treatment is it, fingers crossed all round. xx It really is, as you say, a struggle (this bit of the year) but we must be getting there now. I won't be sorry to see the back of the terribly lacklustre google 'seasonal' lights for one thing, I know they're just being not too denominational, perfectly fair enough, but just terribly halfhearted have been depressing me rather than the opposite 😂. Oh dear I hope you can swiftly replace Lucy's uniform, will you confess; is it because they're a not v nice manmade easily singeable fabric. Glad she's having a nice break anyway 👍️. I am indeed waiting for HAH, I gave in last night & read the recent trust'flyer' reviews, all appalling especially for the app 😕 I didn't think the name change was anything more than a rebrand but it is a change of setup too.. I think.. all stuff about 'no problems with HAH for 15 years and now gone totally to pot', ugh. The tracker just tells you that you have no delivery due whatever so I couldn't muster the will to phone them and will just sit about the place til whenever and be grateful (if others are anything to go by) that I get a delivery at all 😬. Anyway enough griping, have a good day yourself and Paul too :) xx

Hello joan, I am ok thank you this bit of the year is rather the 'doldrums' but I'm just glad not to have anything to do, no appointments or anything, can start to think of spring cleaning etc always nice to clear the decks. Snow, really 😬 I will brace myself for a quick look at the forecast. I hope not I am not doing enough walking at the moment and snow would put the mockers on that rather. Have a good day yourselves :) xx

Hi bosh hope you are feeling ok today, take care and I will pop in later and chat if you are in 👍️ xx

Kettle on if anyone's passing ☕️ xx

Have just spotted Kitty so an extra wave 😺 👋 xx

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Hello everyone. It's been a bit hectic here in the Chantry, Sleek has been busy making lists of plants for my garden. I shall pass them on to Mickey my gardener, who start worki Mar. Until then, I've taken some photos of my nest.

Bedroom

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

how are you?

im ok more or less thanks👍

no dizzy spells at least so that’s good

bit tired hoping supermarket delivery comes soon so I can have coconut water with my mxt - nice “mocktail” lol

ill try and post again later

bye tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you today?

sorry about your back

sis has covid unfortunately

she said she’s not feeling too bad just had headache but bill is still self isolating and doing nothing basically no childcare and not even making any meals for himself or going downstairs

so you can imagine atmosphere in our house

LA committed fraud in Wart - rose recently he started crying as his hand bumped into something or whatever wasn’t bad but he was having a tantrum, v conscientious wr staff lady appeared he told her there was blood , big porkie pie lol, she asked if a plaster would make everything better, he said yes.

my goodness what a monkey 🐵

I think I’m going to have to brave mxt with just squash.

Would Deep Heat ointment help with your back do you think?

see you on the other side of mxt and a nap 💤

hopefully

you take care Toni bye for now xx

hi Joan

how are you and Sue?

im ok thanks no dizziness today

sis has covid unfortunately mum wants some time alone understandably so I haven’t asked her about her throat this afternoon yet

bye tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Good night everyone xx

• toady
    Options

Hi all, got caught up in a few odds & ends this evening so just to say a quick goodnight -

I was not waiting too long in the end for my delivery frog so that's all done 👍️ goodnight and love to all (& to all dear kitties 🐈️🐱) xx

Glad to hear you have felt ok today bosh and have a good night, sorry your sis has tested for covid do hope her symptoms stay mild like now🤞and everyone else stays ok xx

Kitty aren't you organized 😀 a nice desk area and everything, I love your coffee corner 😊 and your pretty bee picture and blinds (tidy kitchen!), oh and your stripey bedding, thanks for the pics & have a good weekend. I will look forward to hearing about the garden very much 🌱😀 xx

Goodnight to Barbara too 😘 xx

and anyone else still up xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,438
    edited 31. Dec 2022, 06:45
    Options

Morning everyone!

New Year's eve!

Joan I think COVID is here to stay and if we treat it like flu we would still stay off work until we are better. Problem is you don't know you've got it for days after you have caught it🙄 How are you and Sue and the carers? All well I hope. ((())) xxx

Here's Winnie cat adorable isn't she?

Morning Reshmi fried egg earrings🤭love them! I have got some avocado ones somewhere... Back is ok read up on it min 6 weeks to heal and we're away before then! never mind I am coping ok. Deep heat would probably be quite comforting. I might get Paul to pick me some up. My wheatbag helps so I should think it would. Good idea! Thanks.

Did you manage your MTX with just squash? Well done anyway.

Your poor sister. BIL needs to stop isolating the cheeky man and help out. The children will already have it by now and she isn't well either and needs support bless her.

Aha! the lady in WR probably knew LA didn't need a plaster, but wanted to cheer him up😊 nice lady.

If those 'pork' pies are also vegan I will have one they do look rather lovely don't they?

I hope your Mum is doing ok and her throat is much better.

Take care if you walk out today it's very very wet.😕

Morning Kitty what fabulous photos you've taken. Your little nest looks so, so cosy you've got it reay lovely. I can see how you live from the pictures really well. Funny you should mention Sleek and the plants for your garden.....she has taken my seed catalogue into her ickle house with her......😻

Toady how the diddly are you this rainy miserable morning?

My seed catalogue arrived yesterday!!! I love postie again😉although Sleek has 'borrowed' it for now - see post to Kitty!

I'm very glad to hear HAH were pretty prompt that is good unusual and good 👍️

I see your day was a bit busy? Paul took us a drive out to Ludlow, but not before I spent some time with Winnie. Isn't she adorable? I can't manage a pic when I am brushing her furry little face it needs more hands than I have, but you can see her supervising me in Lucy's kitchen there.

I also love Kitty's coffee signs. She loves her cuppas does our Kitty☺️

I've just worked out that it's saturday so it's Aidan's breakfast coffee and croissants.

Love to everyone who pos by and HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE!

• dachshund
    Options

Happy new year’s eve everyone

Kitty (()) your bungalow is lovely there seems plenty of room to move around. Thank you for showing us the photos. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) that’s good your order came. Have a good day I expect there will be fireworks tonight.

Barbara (()) have a good day thinking of you and Mr B (()) love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) I hope your pain is not to bad when you go away (()) yes Winnie is lovely. The carers are alright thank you. How is Tia’s granddad (()) Love to Paul (()) and your friend (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) I hope your Mxt went well (()) how is your mum’s sore throat (()) have a good day.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi everyone hope you’re all doing ok? Xx

wppl xx

• Skinny Keef
    Skinny Keef Member Posts: 1,014
    Options

We had a T shop right by my cottage that used to serve tea in posh crockery like this. Why does tea always taste better out of a proper cup and saucer and with milk in a proper jug? So much nicer than a mug although I do need about 5 cups worth lol.

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you?

happy New Year’s Eve to you too 👍

its not a great day here in sunny Reading

but I’m only partially talking about the weather

worried about sis but at least bills not self isolating now I’ve been informed so that’s good

ive lost control of the no rich food situation not really my fault I was provoked and well you can imagine the rest - it’s difficult when people don’t respect your stomach situation isn’t it?

Yw about deep heat

mum’s throat has improved thanks

I have no energy at all today even after eating some v evil confectionery which I had successfully avoided till now

I know there’s a bright side to things but I don’t think I’ll see it today

bye for now Toni Tc xx

👋 toady 🐸

👋 Joan

xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

I’m feeling a bit better now thanks

had folic acid and something reasonably healthy to eat👍

I realise that the likelihood is that my sis will recover soon - I think it was the complete lack of energy that was getting to me, I’m starting to feel better now though and will of course feel even better after my evening meal

bill is also helping now and not self isolating etc anymore which is v good

poor you - backs are such vital things aren’t they? If it’s an arm or something like that you can sometimes “get by” as it were (my right arm still hurts and gets tired sometimes, I think it’s bad sleeping posture), but of course back probs can directly affect mobility, well I’m glad it’s improving anyway even though of course it’s a long process 😞

Yes clever WR lady there lol, LA told my mum that he and his daddy are eating custard and cake whenever BR has a nap 😱😱

Oh dear bill that’s rather ooky diet control you’re passing on to the aristocrat there 😂

Ive got an appointment roughly end of next week for the self - injecting mxt training not in the hospital but nearby 👍

that was a lovely dosa breakfast you put on here the other day btw

just curious, when you have porridge in the morning, do you use water or a milk substitute? I sometimes have it with water and sugar if my stomachs not ok, it fills me up just not v tasty (was just wondering about an option that’s both healthy and tasty that’s all thanks).

Did you do special for New Year’s Eve today?

i didn’t other than eat some chocolate cake which it was not my intention to eat and wasn’t as good as my sisters to be honest 😀

it came from Wart - Rose lol, but no free plasters for me, mind you they were discounted, I got the half - price Mima discount so I guess I shouldn’t grumble 😂

bye for now Toni Tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi again toady 🐸

how are you?

ooky weather all round it seems 🤢

I’m feeling a lot better now thanks finally got some energy👍

my sis is just having mild symptoms so far thanks for your kind wishes about her

i just tell the GPs surgery that I see a GP regularly about my mental health condition anyway and that seems to work for me, so I think that if you see a GP once in a while about your arthritis even if it’s just to check in about your blood test results or something like that you could tell them that and the likelihood is that you’ll be left alone - worth trying anyway 👍

yes a lot of end of world sales or whatever going on I agree lol

Loyalty cards are sometimes a good thing also a great idea which I must admit I haven’t quite got the hang of yet is buying things out of season like expensive leather gloves in the summer or whatever

i don’t really buy that much stuff but I get emails about some sales that are good, I agree some sales are definitely much better than others

Poor BR has taken to calling his front door “the mima door” and he checks it daily well probably hourly, lol, to see if mima’s coming in - bless him.

hope you and I don’t get too many nasty fireworks- much better in just pic form lol.

bye Tc xx

• toady
    edited 31. Dec 2022, 20:03
    Options

Hi folks 😊 I have just more or less got off the phone from a friend who traditionally rings me for New Year, rather hard going when it gets over the hour mark for me tbh 😬 so I have rather thrown myself at the kettle and am lurking in a mercifully quiet cafe corner now.

Yes posh crockery is lovely @Keef though I don't routinely use anything that nice, but not chunky mugs either. I also like how having mixed sets has become quite popular, either new or vintage, rather nice making up a set yourself out of all sorts I think especially as you then have a mix of history behind them 😊. Happy New Year to you will raise a toast (it will be tea in fact as I don't really drink ☕️) all the best for 2023 :)

Evening frog, I am a little over-phone-called but otherwise well, hope you had a good day and a nice drive out & the weather was kind to you. Seed catalogues, eh 🤔 ooh have a lovely browse, when you can prise it back out of Sleek's paws. I only buy in odds & ends, from various sellers, one maybe more than most because their shipping is so very very reasonable that I can have a little order, a think, and another one as I come to it - I don't think I could make a good job of a consolidated order. Do tell if you see something super/new/exciting 😊. Hope Annie is doing ok today last end of the steroids in sight and steady I hope, Charlie too. Super pic of Winnie 😻 lovely to see her, I can do a good job of imagining the face-brushing for myself :) no other news from me so will just wish you a good 2023 (and jolly peculiar that sounds too, not a particularly nice sounding number - still I need not worry about that as it'll be 1987 for me again because that's where I draw the line 😂). Happy New Year :) xx

Hello joan, there has been an early burst of fireworks already around 7, but will expect more later so I won't plan to go to bed early 🎉 I just hope there are none of those ridiculously loud ones 💥 because even if you're braced for some you don't know when & still jump. Hope not too many where you are for the poor doggies. Happy New Year to you & Sue :) xx

Hi to bosh, sorry your morning was a bit 'cloudy with chance of rain' mood wise but glad you felt better later on, and managing to worry less about your sis especially with bill is doing a bit more. I have not done much today but I may go for a short walk soon and walk the other way to usual, to see any other xmas lights etc. No post today at all so none now til Tues because of the compensate for bank hol day 😕 sigh. I didn't have any chocolate cake myself even the unintentional sort, and as for custard & cake, well that's a thought 🤔 but I will pass on the pureed mince pies & jelly 😬 good imagery in the poem btw resting in body & mind must go on the resolutions list, I have tried to start some new habits early then maybe they will become a habit and not just broken resolutions (also Pater is a much underused term these days maybe among the gentry though). I still have some leftover after 8's that will have to do NY celebration-wise. Good to hear you have a mxt appt soon will be interested to hear all about it 👍️. Good idea about the GP, they do tend to give up asking in the end but I always sort of worry they'll strike me off or something 🤨. I suppose I should say something rather than just not respond. The 'mima door' is very sweet, what a shame you can't be 'first foot' BR would obviously love that. Wishing you a Happy New Year and a good 2023 :) xx

Love to Kitty and Barbara, Happy New Year to you and to Carol, mig, and all less regular posters 😘 xx