cafe

Comments

• joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    trisher wrote:
    She said they had gone around the road of MXT and Lefur?? (Don't know what it is) They had given me drugs to avoid going that way. I still reacted badly with what they gave me.
    She was very annoyed about it all as it means more delays. Also I'm getting worse.

Love Trish xxxx
    Hi Trisher

It would be good if you could come off steroids. It will help to stop you getting bad infections. That was what I was told.

MTX - Methotrexate. A lot of us are on this. If it is agreed that you have to have it, then ask for the injection form. I found that the problems I was having with my stomach stopped the MTX dispersing properly. Also, it can make stomach hurt.

I think MTX is good, but won't cure the arthritis, it will only stop it getting any worse, so the sooner you take it the better. My arthritis has got worse because I do too much

At least if you come off steroids you will sleep better.

Love from Joy
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Good afternoon everyone

Trisher, Barbara, oh my memory. I've forgotten who else is in.
    I'm getting worried about my memory.
    Now, forgotten what I came in for. Oh I know. I want a large mug of energy please. So I can tackle that huge pile of ironing.

Had to re do some sheets etc off the guests bed. It's all catch up now after the time spent getting ready for my art exhibition.
    Somehow, I had set the washing machine to dry aswell and so the sheets etc. are all bady creased. No way will my steam press get all them out, So I will go and put them on the line in the sun and the wind.
    It's lovely out there and I have a garden to get tidy too and set some more bulbs. And I feel like I want to go to sleep all the time.

See you later

Joy
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hi Trisher Barbara Joy.
    i hope you are all getting on alright and in not to much pain.
    anyone fancy a drink.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Evenin' all! Anyone around?

Been a lovely day here, around 11am the torrential rain stopped and the sun came out..........beautiful. Cobwebs covered with diamonds and the Acer has rubies all over it.

Have been outside tidying up again.....I will be glad when all the leaves are down.

Will have a builders and then go back to my tidying. Hope you have all had good days.

Annie
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    evening all stew for tea with dumplings . sun out it lovely here but rain later they say val
    val
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Hi all, it's pork chops for tea here with spuds n veg.

Trish Leflunomide, I was on that for Arthur until my bp went up. Oh and it can give you the sh@ts :shock: so I have been told :oops: I take 5mg of MTX any higher and I am sick. Have you rung the liver docter :?: Hope you have got your appointment sorted.

Jules xx
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • airwave
    airwave Member Posts: 579
    The smell of the cooking got me in here, budge over you lot room for a errr medium size? I've just cycled a few miles with my new fangled electric bike and I am STARVING and I can't eat because of my diet!

Food glorious food, huh! I'm willing to try it but NO, I won't.

I think a cuppa Yorkshire tea might have to suffice?

8)Its a grin, honest!
  • valval
    airwave wrote:
    The smell of the cooking got me in here, budge over you lot room for a errr medium size? I've just cycled a few miles with my new fangled electric bike and I am STARVING and I can't eat because of my diet!

Food glorious food, huh! I'm willing to try it but NO, I won't.

I think a cuppa Yorkshire tea might have to suffice?

8)Its a grin, honest!

well you have come to the right place have what you want no calories at all large tea on its way will join you val
    val
  • annie_mial
    I'll join you both........a large builders and some apple and blackberry pie with a double helping of clotted cream should go down well.

Torrential rain this morning, but it did dry up and the sun came out which was cheering. Clear sky now and still surprisingly warm.

Annie
  • valval
    annie_mial wrote:
    I'll join you both........a large builders and some apple and blackberry pie with a double helping of clotted cream should go down well.

Torrential rain this morning, but it did dry up and the sun came out which was cheering. Clear sky now and still surprisingly warm.

Annie

annie will join you in that sounds just right for thid kind of weather then will curl up with good book what we got on the shelf anything new????
    val
  • annie_mial
    valval wrote:
    annie_mial wrote:

Annie

annie will join you in that sounds just right for thid kind of weather then will curl up with good book what we got on the shelf anything new????

A new Katherine Hall Page.........if you like whodunnits as opposed to thrillers you should like her. American, but readable.

Annie
  • annie_mial
    Oh, it's that time again, time for the night meds with a large builders to wash them down and maybe a slice of that jam and cream sponge cake over there..........

Have good nights all, hope tomorrow is a brighter one.

Annie
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Nite Annie you have a good night. xx

Hi All,

Haven't read back I am afraid will try to tomorrow but am going to take a builders and hit the embers I think.

Hope all is okish and will try not to kick out too much ash. Leaving a ton of ((()))'s by the door xx
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Oh What a busy day.
    i'll have a large builders & cream horn & sit by the fire.
    I hope everyone is okish & youve had some sun today.
    debs
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Hello All, immediate hugs all round, while I sit in a corner and have a little read. Best be having a strong cup of T.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    evening all

I see cris and bubbles are hugging the embers .... hope you are both ok?

not sure who else is in, but hi to all who pop in.

flying visit tonight as still got loads to do getting ready for holiday.

Please help yourself to a bowl of red cabbage soup .... if you dare :shock: It tasted ok but is having dreadful repercussions :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:

hugs
    WOnky
  • bubbles
    Hi Debs, it has been quite pleasant today, some lovely sunny spells. It was sun shining when I went to see my GP. Said I can increase my pregabalin if needs be, :shock: :shock: I said I will think about it, as I am already half way to Venus. Going back next week, he is injecting my knee, as the last steroids have worn off now.

Apart from a screaming back, not a bad day.
  • bubbles
    Wonkylegs wrote:
    evening all

I see cris and bubbles are hugging the embers .... hope you are both ok?

not sure who else is in, but hi to all who pop in.

flying visit tonight as still got loads to do getting ready for holiday.

Please help yourself to a bowl of red cabbage soup .... if you dare :shock: It tasted ok but is having dreadful repercussions :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:

hugs
    WOnky

Red cabbage soup, a new one on me, but I will give it a go. Wind, oh dear, in for a penny in for a pound, a bit more gas won't hurt. :shock:
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    OH bubbles ........ I have so much red cabbage I don't know what to do with the stuff .... and this recipe was easy ..... but a bit bland (just onion, cabbage & potato) ..... but with that and the lactulose I took last night as well :shock: (never learn do I :roll: :lol::lol: )

so please do help yourself :wink:

sorry to read your back is screaming again ...... hope you don't need to up the pregabalins though :shock: I know you don't like how they make you feel. Don't blame you.

right .... hows about a hot choccy?

wonky
  • bubbles
    Wonkylegs wrote:
    OH bubbles ........ I have so much red cabbage I don't know what to do with the stuff .... and this recipe was easy ..... but a bit bland (just onion, cabbage & potato) ..... but with that and the lactulose I took last night as well :shock: (never learn do I :roll: :lol::lol: )

so please do help yourself :wink:

sorry to read your back is screaming again ...... hope you don't need to up the pregabalins though :shock: I know you don't like how they make you feel. Don't blame you.

right .... hows about a hot choccy?

wonky

Anything with the word chocolate is fine by me, thanks. Perhaps I will pass (pardon the pun) on the red cabbage, with lactulose as well, goodness, does our bus run on methane? If so, we can top up the tank.
    Back will ease again and no, I won't be increasing the pregabalins, that is only for emergencies, if the pain is unbearable.
  • minky67
    Oh Bubbles poor you.
    If the pregabs are making you high you can do what i did & ask gp for a seperate box of 50mgs & lower down or up slower. they come in all different doses. Ive stuck on 200mg twice a day suiting me at the mo.
    I just add in painkillers when needed now as the slow release tramadols are good to.

Hi wonky,i'll pass on the soup Thanks,i dont do veg sorry.
    Ive got enough wind for everyone with the IBS :oops: :oops: :shock: :roll: :lol::lol:
    debs
  • bubbles
    minky67 wrote:
    Oh Bubbles poor you.
    If the pregabs are making you high you can do what i did & ask gp for a seperate box of 50mgs & lower down or up slower. they come in all different doses. Ive stuck on 200mg twice a day suiting me at the mo.
    I just add in painkillers when needed now as the slow release tramadols are good to.

Hi wonky,i'll pass on the soup Thanks,i dont do veg sorry.
    Ive got enough wind for everyone with the IBS :oops: :oops: :shock: :roll: :lol::lol:
    debs

You and me both hun. I will stick at 400mg a day, alongside 8 hi strength co codamols, if things are really bad I may take an extra pregab, but only IF. He thinks I am getting to a level of tolerance with the pregabs, I beg to differ. It takes me all day to get going recently, from getting up, to about 2 or 3 pm, I am away with the fairies, not always a bad thing. :roll:
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Ok who was supposed to remind me I've got me infusion in the morning :? :shock: them 4 weeks have gone too fast :( If you could save me some breakfast for when I get back that would be nice thank you.

Jules xx
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • minky67
    Hi Julie, I hope it goes well for you tomorrow,i'll just jump in your pocket now & curl up ready for tomorrow. :wink:
    It wasnt me that was supposed to remind you as i didnt know sorry.
    Off to me bed now as its been along but enjoyable day.
    ((((hugs)))) for all, debs
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    morning everyone,

just a flying vist will read back later, hope your all ok, i got a phone call yesterday...mum pick me up from the station NOW....they were told to go home for a couple of days so he thought he'd surprise me. we have to go and buy some clothes today as he has lost just over 2 stone in the past 3 months poor lad, will be trying to feed him back up about over the next couple of days,

coco xxx
This discussion has been closed.