Forum World Cruise Part 2

Options

Comments

• annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Mmmmm, we haven't really got a great deal in common, but I'm happy to masquerade - I can do the hat bit! I rarely wear one now, but I'm sure there's one lurking upstairs somewhere........
    Daughter will be delighted, she's always said there's Royalty in the family somewhere........think she means the Royalty Cinema (jeez, that was a long time ago).
    Luv
    Annie
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Wow that was some welcome g035.gif
    even if it was for Princess Annie.
    Lovely to meet all your family Annie hope you are enjoying catching up with them all. This certainly is a beautiful place to live.
    Chris :wink:
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Oh, it is beautiful...........just an hour away from the ski slopes and with a stream at the bottom of the ravine (don't think I'll go down there) but I will go and say hello to Flossie (the children's pet sheep).
    Four grandchildren, daughter and son-in-law are all estatic to see you all. Well, not sure about the SIL, who refers to me as 'the old witch'. Heh, heh, bought a broomstick once and left it outside their back door just as I was leaving...........I think he's joking.....
    Princess Annie is having a whale of a time and is just soooo glad to see them all again. I must have tipped the hat in the right direction, too, as I see my entourage is now being treated as they should be!
    I'm ready to dine with the great and the good.
    Luv
    Annie
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Chris,

I can't keep up with you. Where's Joan gone?? I love this when people cyber meet. Look at the view.

Tomorrow we could wait for Cris and we could all go sking :!: :!:

I expect we will loose her when she sees the sheep. :D

She will love it.

trish xx
  • trisher
    Options
    Joan

Are we invited to dinner :D

I thought we would have to serve dinner not eat.

You know what will happen if Cris sees the sheep, well we might have to let them come aboard.

Where are we going next :?:

trisher xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Trisher

I'm here :!: :!: I'm just going back to Annie's daughter's house for the night after the super dinner we've all had. Did you see that the Wanganui people mistook her for Princess Anne :?: It was all going so well until they presented her with a new horse and asked her to demonstrate her show-jumping ability round their Olympic size course. The horse bolted, and Annie was last seen hanging on for dear life :!: :shock: I'm sure she'll be alright by the time the horse gets to the mountains and slows down.

By the way, I thought your wheelchair dancing performance tonight was fantastic :!: :D

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • trisher
    Options
    Hi Joan

Gosh, poor Annie, she's not long had her op. I hope she is ok. Mind you she should have told them the truth. Well she could have said she was her half sister.

I'm glad you liked my wheelchair dance, Thank you for your compliments. I oiled my wheels well so I would glide along.

trish xx
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Trisher

Luckily, in this cyber world things like operations and wheelchairs don't stop us from doing anything we want to :!: :D ( or in Annie's case, whatever the horse wanted :!: :shock: )

Joan
  • trisher
    Options
    Hi Joan

We would be in bother if this were our lives. It's nice therapy.

We have a place to put our troubles away for a bit

Poor Annie, She will be sore tomorrow.Very sore Do they use horse oil any more :!:

trisher xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi just flown back in lovely place to meet up sorry missed dinner last night as had jet lag lol. what we doing to day hope not horse riding one end bites the other kicks lol
    val
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Val

It's great to have you back on board. I hope you had a good holiday, with lots of rest and sunshine. I think you've brought the sun back with you :!:

You will have gathered that the cruise has now reached Wanganui, in New Zealand. We came here to visit Annie's daughter, but she got mistaken for Princess Anne :!:

Luckily. the horse got hungry and came home, so Annie is back with us again, and still in one piece, just :!:

Today we are going on a tour of Wanganui, which is a lovely place. Victoria Avenue is one of New Zealand's most attractive shopping streets, so we'll start there. Then we'll stroll across the West City bridge to the Durie Hill Elevator which will carry us to the Durie Hill War Memorial Tower. This is built out of fossilised shell rock. From here, we'll take in the spectacular scenery of Wanganui and the Tasman Sea.

Later, we'll take a river cruise on a paddle steamer up the Whanganui River.

Hope that suits you all. Have a good day :!: :D:D

Joan
  • annie_mial
    Options
    I'll have you lot know that I turned that horse by sheer horsemanship long before we reached the mountains. Quite a nice little ride, I thought, and what's more, she jumped the ravine at the bottom of the garden and took me up to the kitchen door where daughter was waiting with apples and a large walking stick for me.
    I haven't been on a horse in twenty years, but I gave Her Honour a run for her money - eat your heart out Princess Anne!
    The tour of the town was great and the whole family (nearly) came along to see their 'bestest friend' applauded/cheered/honoured etc. There is now a statue in the middle of the town of Princess Annie and the amazing horse.
    Think I need a rest...........where are we off to next and can I sleep for about 3 days? On second thoughts, wake me up for food in a couple of hours.
    Luv
    Annie
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Annie

I am impressed by your skill on a horse :!: :!: No wonder they've put up that statue of you in Wanganui :!:

I hope you enjoyed this stop-over with your family, and also the tour of Wanganui. I must say, it sounds a lovely place to live.

No idea where to next yet, so maybe we'll rest on board for a while. In any case, our captain still hasn't returned from his dalliance with Valmai yet. But I think Dame Edna has sent the police helicopter out to look for the pair of them, so Fat Kev will be heading back asap.

Joan
  • trisher
    Options
    Are we boarding yet :)

Sorry Annie, we must move on 8) did you enjoy that surprise visit?

aaaahhhhhhh :D

love trisherxx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Joan and Trisher

I bet we are not going to Russia Joan, wouldn't want you to meet that Yuri fellow again :?: :!:
    Chris :wink:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Chris

I don't know, perhaps I could return to haunt Yuri in his dreams too :x :x

Joan
  • trisher
    Options
    Joan

I think we need some rest and then a party on the boat, we could all dress up.

Trisher xx
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Shipmates

I'm glad to announce that Fat Kev, our captain, has now been released from Wanganui jail, where Dame Edna Everage had so wickedly impounded him after he ran off with Vamai, her precious daughter. It was a partnership which was doomed to failure, I'm afraid, and who would want Dame Edna as a mother-in law, anyway :?: :?:

Consequently, we are setting sail again this evening, and our next stop will be India. I am hoping that Nina is still on board, because I know that she has relatives in India, and she might be able to tell us where all the best places are.(Well, she probably knows where all the best bars are anyway :!: ) Sorry, Nina :!: We'll all look lovely in our saris(at least the ladies will) I hope you all like curry :!: :D

Joan
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Ahoy there, Joan, I've already got mine on. Green and gold, think it suits?
    My daughter was more or less hysterical when I tried to explain on the phone that we had paid her a visit, insisted that she had broken something laughing. Glad she's got my sense of humour. We rang off in the end as neither of us could say anything sensible.

Looking forward to India, very colourful and WARM (please). Not so keen on the curry, but I'm sure there will be something to suit all.
    Annie
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    hi, what a lovely destination.
    ive got my sari ready.its took me all day to sew on all these sequins,now my hands hurt.
    turquoise(to match crutches of course)silver sequins & silver branding embroidered through the material. :wink: with matching shoes.
    how we get to see the Tia malhia(sorry spelling)
    Hope Nina can tell us all the sites to see.

1 more question does india do english as a specialility,as we do here for Indian food,just a thought as im gaggy for a good fish n chips :wink:
    luv debs (who's now out of her cabin) :wink:
  • minky67
    Options
    nice to see you back captian Rehab,
    a055.gif
    hope youve got your costume ready,us ladies have our sari's ready.
    will take it youve got your ready(costume that is.) :wink:
    c040.gif
    debs
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Good grief - I thought I'd left you in the bilges! I guess you can't keep a good man down.............good :?:
    Luv
    Annie
  • minky67
    Options
    Oh Annie beware,if he asks you to look at his bilges again.
    you now know the answer is no(unless that is you actually enjoyed it down there :wink::lol: )
    All the talk of octopuses :wink: ,i do believe it was our captain grappling around for something to hang onto during the storm. :lol:
    He only went down there to hide from the storm & put the ship on auto pilot,leaving us all to be doomed.

has any1 checked the weather reports for our course.
    we dont need any more natural disasters do we.
    debs
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    tarzan what a lovely thought will some one help me put my sari on please when the time comes not sure what i will eat as indian makes my eyes go funny (type of migrain)will take plenty of mars bars lol
    val
  • minky67
    Options
    dont worry Val.im still here.
    i'll save you from getting into any pickles :shock: or landing in your curry :lol:
    as for the Saris,i know theres a lot of fabric involved,but these take the biscuit.
    you have to keep turning round & round to get dressed & get dizzy before you even have a drink. :shock:
    ive had a practice run & think i'll have to be up & dressed at 6am to be ready for any formal do's :wink:
    hope yourve had a great holiday.
    debs