Forum World Cruise Part 2

Options

Comments

• annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Just sitting and listening to the dance band seems like a good idea to me. Hope it's an open air dance floor, might get up and do a hula-hula - yes, can picture it now, all of us swaying to the beat of the drums (or the drink? Could do with a few large brandies, might not cure me, but I shan't care, then).
    The bilges - it's a long story, Trisher. Went with the Cap'n to check they weren't leaking - I think. It turned out to be the old line - but he didn't have any etchings down there! Then he left (said he'd got to drive the boat somewhere) and I found I was being embraced by a large squidgy thing.............I haven't been well since!
    Annie
  • annie_mial
    Options
    ZZZZZZZZZZZ. I seem to have swayed myself to sleeeeeep.
    Off to cabin, nite, nite, see you in the morning.
    Trisher, you don't know how much I hope you have a better day tomorrow.
    Annie
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Annie

Thank you, very much I do appreciate it very much.

I DO hope you will feel much better tomorrow.

Don't forget it's a cyber Cruise only I would'nt want you to think you were really on it and swayed yourself out of bed in the night.

You best put a cushion on the floor just incase eh? What would hubby think :shock: :shock: :shock:

Nite Nite Annie God Bless xxx
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Chris

Now a very believable excuse. That has got to be a first. It's very original :shock: :shock: :oops:

Nite NiteGod bless

love trish xxx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    There is a tradition that each liner berthing in Hawaii must offer a gift to Pele the volcano goddess

Normally it is a fresh young virgin.. any volunteers?

or do we face the wrath of Pele ( I thought he was a Brazilian football player) g015.gif

Well, there's no volunteers yet :!: :!: What exactly does the wrath of Pele entail, I wonder :?: :?:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Shipmates

Sadly, our captain has let me know that he is feeling tired, so he is jumping ship and going home for a while. I hope he will feel better soon. There will be much crying and sobbing on board tonight when everyone hears the news, I know. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

However, Fat Kev has come to our rescue, and he has agreed to part with Mrs. Rehab for the duration of the rest of the cruise, and he will captain our ship. So all is not lost :!: :!: :!: :!:

I am still waiting to hear from Jackie re renewing her wedding vows, so we will relax in Hawaii for a while longer.

Joan
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Joan

Has been a lovely relaxing day here in our stop over in hawaii. Am sure Fat Kev will do a good job while rehab is on his well earned break. Everyone is enjoying the sunshine and catching up on some rest.
    Trisher and I have been listening the wonderful pianist in the lounge
    b035.gif
    Thought we would have a bit of break from our usual wild partying. :roll: :roll:
    Resting up to see where we are off to next?
    See you all tomorrow.
    Chris :wink:
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Hi all,ive been in my cabin so long its took me all week to work out where we are.
    havent found my sea legs yet(& dont think i ever will) :mrgreen:
    right im gonna try to find a bar,need a stiff drink to wake me up (or put me back to sleep)
    ive got me lei & grass skirt(bit itchy) :wink:
    a035.gif
    debs
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Shipmates

Jackie seems to have abandoned ship, so we will continue with the cruise, heading towards China next, I think.

Fat Kev is doing a great job as captain so far, but we will miss Captain Rehab all the same.

Anyway, chopsticks at the ready :!: :!: What is your favourite Chinese food :?: :?:

Joan
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Blimey, you lose the "thread" of a thread for a few days and everyone's gone to China!

I don't really like the Chinese food I've tried so far, but maybe it will be different in the actual China. If not, I'll just have to survive on those lovely prawn crackers.

Charity walk across the Great Wall of China, anyone :-) ?

Nx
  • minky67
    Options
    hi, i dont like chinese food either,only chicken balls(poor chickens) :lol:
    so off to china we go. :mrgreen: my cabin more like :mrgreen:
    debs
  • chris7
    Options
    oooh lovely Joan
    a040.gif Never been to China. (never been anywhere much :? ) so will enjoy that. No good using the chopsticks but happy to eat Chinese food I do like a bamboo shoot and a water chesnut now and then. More than one of each of course. Can we dress up, aways fancied being a geisha? (or is that Japan?) Sorry am rambling now, not very clever at this travelling lark but happy to learn. Am sure someone will put me right.
  • annie_mial
    Options
    I've always wanted to go to China! I'll join the walk along the Great Wall and I'd like to see the terracotta warriors (if that's China - might be getting it muddled up with Egypt). Easily confused these days, that's me.
    Annie
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi everyone

Well here we are in Shanghai, a city hipper than Hong Kong, more alluring than Beijing, with decadent bars, stately colonial buildings, exclusive restaurants and spars. Unfortunately, our captain, Fat Kev, has disappeared into one of the decadent bars, so we'll have to hope that we see him again sometime.

Dinner this evening was very interesting. Here is the menu:

Seafood Birdsnest
    Hay wrapped Fragrant Ribs
    Caterpillar Fungus Duck
    Jade Rabbit Sea Cucumber
    Flower Mushroom Frog
    Cream Fatty Kingfish

These are genuine Chinese dishes, so which did you have :?:

Joan
  • minky67
    Options
    oh no yuk,i'll go back to the ship.
    that menu is disgusting.
    chips any1.
    im going back to me cabin,the mini bars quite good in there. :wink:
    i'll try the wall of china walk,but i really need decent food. :mrgreen:
    debs/a fan of good old english food.
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Debs

Sorry you didn't fancy the menu :mrgreen::mrgreen:

I thought the Hay wrapped fragrant ribs might be nice, until I wondered ribs of what :?: :shock:

Joan
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    I have always wanted to go to China. Dont fancy allthat smog though, makes me remember the 60's. And it reminds me of the £1000 I spent on Chinese medicine = it may well have meanings over the last 100 dynasties, but for me, It didn't work on this dynasty!!!
    What ever you do do not eat the chicken :roll: I can't come ashore anyway, something wrong with my passport. Ah well, back to my cabin, where are we going next? Hope it is Greece.
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi shipmates

I've gone off the idea of staying in China any longer because I've been reading about the case of Akmal Shaikh, a British man who has received the death sentence in China. He was arrested for drug smuggling, but he is severely mentally ill with bipolar disease and delusional psychosis.

Because of his illness, he had become homeless, and was manipulated by drug smugglers who told him that they could make him into a pop star in China. Now he could be executed in days, and the Chinese don't seem to be considering his mental illness at all.

Stephen Fry, who also has bipolar disease, has called the sentence "manifestly unfair", and Gordon Brown has tried to intervene too.

Consequently, I think we will move on from China. Anchors away :!: :!: Not sure where to next :!: :!:

Joan
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Oooh, yes Joan, let's set sail for.... wish I could help but my geography is truly shocking :-)

Nx
  • minky67
    Options
    ohhh, are we far from oz,ive always dreamed of going to australia.
    please i want to see a kangeroo & a koila bear.
    oh can we pppllleeeaaasssseeee :wink:
    debs
  • joanlawson
    edited 14. Oct 2009, 15:05
    Options
    Hi Debs

Australia sounds like fun, so let's head there next. Dame Edna is waiting to greet us, so wave your gladioli as we sail into port :!: :!:

Joan
  • chris7
    Options
    oooh yes please Joan,Australia. Debs will be pleased

Sounds just as well we left China how could they do that to the poor man? Oz will be good, I want to see some Koalas too please they are just the cutest things. In the meantime I can do some more shopping on the boat, am sure I can just about cope with that!!
  • minky67
    Options
    oh thank you,thats cheered me up a bit.
    i'll find a hat with corks(they do say the flies are terrible)i could do with some heat on my bones.
    Dame Edna too we are so prividged :D
    wake me up when we get there.i'll be practicing my''goodday'' :lol:
    debs
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hello Possums :!: :!:

Thank you for the gladis, and welcome to Melbourne. Call me old fashioned, but this will be the best part of your cruise, and I mean that in a loving, caring way. You'll enjoy Australia.... Good food, open air life, juicy steaks, sunshine..... and the total absence of any kind of intellectual distraction. Just up your street, and I don't mean Ramsay Street.

I'm trying to find a word to describe what you ladies are wearing.????..... affordable :!: But I don't suppose you can help it. Strange that your Captain Fat Kev, and my daughter Valmai both seem to be missing. Spooky :shock: :o

Dame Edna
  • minky67
    Options
    sory dame Edna,but we all missed joan does glamour(or what ever it was called we turned over)but i thought the cork hat,bermunda shorts & cheese cloth top might fit in well over here. :wink:
    wonder what the kangeroo's are wearing this season :shock: :lol:
    right i off shopping,any1 coming.
    then i think we'll all do the Hopper Stopper,thats a plane that takes you all over.
    Alice springs,Coral reef & weve got to do Ares(sp) rock as the sun sets.The grand tour of Ramsey street.
    anywhere else you all fancy. :?:
    im thinking new zealand after this,see where Lord of the rings & the new Hobbit film was filmed & the beauiful scenery.Get the paint brushes out for that 1.
    debs