Forum World Cruise Part 2

Options

Comments

• chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    gudday all :D

Ta for the welcome Edna, am sure we will have great time. Can we have a barbie on the beach later, with some of that lager you are so fond of? ooh yeah forgot Ayres Rock Debs, what was that film where them girls went missing? Picnic at Hanging Rock or sommat like that, now that was spooky :?
    Hope we don't meet any of them crocs I hear they have here. We might need Crocodile Dundee to save us! :shock:
    We will be on our best behaviour to our ozzy hosts and promise not to mention the Ashes :lol::lol:
    Chris :wink:
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Oh Chris i forgot about them crocs.
    how are we ever gonna manage with out Crocadile Rehab,will Kev be able to step in to help us poor girlies on our adventures of the outback :shock: with his decorating skills & banging Mrs Rehab upstairs.Im sure he'll be upto the task if we can ever find him. :wink: :shock:
    debs
  • debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    Options
    Can we go to Summer Bay? I know it is a risk considering the huge :shock: amount of disaters that befall everyone that lives there? But considering everyone there is so fit an attractive, I wondered if it would rub off once I walked on the beach? :lol:

Deb x
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    G'day, mates

Today we will be going walkabout in the bush, which could be rather hot and sticky. But it will be better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, and later there will be a barbie on the beach. Don't venture into the sea though, unless you want to contend with sharks, stinging jelly fish, and stonefish ( a fish which sits on the bottom of the sea, pretends to be a rock, and has venomous barbs sticking out of its back that will kill just from the pain :!: :shock: )

TIPS FOR SURVIVING AUSTRALIA

1 Don't ever put your hand down a hole for any reason whatsoever.

2 The beer is stronger than you think, regardless of how strong you think it is.

3 Always carry a stick

4 Air-conditioning

5 Do not attemp to use Australian slang, unless you are a trained linguist and good in a fistfight.

6 Take good maps. Stopping to ask directions only works when there are people nearby.

7 Carry several litres of water with you at all times, or you will die.

See also "Deserts. How to die in them", "The Stick. Second most useful thing ever", and "Poisonous and venomous arachnids, insects, animals, trees, shrubs, fish and sheep of Australia" Volumes 1-42

Strewth :!: :!: How much can a koala bear :?: :?:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    I'm enjoying all this talk about Oz, especially since my brother calls my children the Kang-aroo cousins :-)

Nx
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Nina

Hope you have time to bounce by for the barbie later :!: :lol:

Joan
  • chris7
    Options
    Hi Joan and Nina

Goodness Joan that how to survive Australia is a big volume eh!
    I've had a nice day in the sun so far s030.gif
    but as advised am drinking lots of water and am never too far away from the big stick I've acquired (just in case you understand) :roll: :roll: :roll:
    Looking forward to the barbie later, hope to see you all then.
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    hi Cris

Where are we going? Yes it's me again. I've not read the rules yet What are we going to see Barbie :)

Joan can I go to see Ayers Rock also glass mountain and the zoo :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: can I go diving to see the corals?
    trisher xx
  • chris7
    Options
    Hi Trisher

So glad you felt able to pop in. :D Australia is fun but we have to be careful of all manner of beasties from crocs to spiders :roll: :roll:
    Joan and Fat Kev are looking after us well though. Yes would be nice to see Ayres rock if only from the ground at sunset. Someone said something about a plane trip earlier perhaps we can have a flight and see the sights that way.
    take care
  • trisher
    Options
    Hi Chris

Ahey WWWeee I would love to wrestle a crock. That sounds like fun. I must see Australia zoo.

You not aloud to climb Ayres rock. It is sacred to the Aborigines. They regard it as an ancient sitealso their land. It was in the newspaper.

How long have you been here??

trisher xx
  • chris7
    Options
    Wrestle a croc :?: Not for me thanks but you are brave to even consider it. :lol::lol:
    We had a nice welcome from Dame Edna earlier with lots of gladioli about she does so like them.
    oooh yeah all those aborigine customs could we have a go a throwing a boomerang perhaps? Keep getting a picture of Rolf Harris in my head too with all this talk of Australia. Sorry you youngsters probably won't know who he is, but he could whip up a painting in the time it took you to grab a paintbrush.
    Think I am rambling now am trying to get this all down quick as I keep losing my internet connection ( very annoying ) :x
  • trisher
    Options
    I've held a baby one once.

Where is everybody. Abanondned ship. I've had such a bad migairne for over two days, gosh I was so sick. Did'nt get to see hubby. There's no change.

They've taken me off the Sulpha. To see if it's that.I could'nt use my computer. I laid in bed with darkened windows and sunglasses on.I have got to see the Proffessor again next week

Did you say you work in a sweet factory :D:D Do you get tasters? What sort of sweets are they??

Where's Joan and Anne and Annie?

trish xx
  • chris7
    Options
    Hi again

Yes, I knew you were still struggling when you didn't appear yesterday. Do hope you are feeling a bit better, and managing to eat something now. You will have missed your visits to hubby but they will be doing their best for him.
    Yes a bit quiet here though Joan and a few others were about earlier. Hey Trisher have you noticed You're visible again :shock: :shock: or at least you were when I looked a bit earlier. Wow at last eh!
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    I'm just here, Trisher - what's left of me. Cream crackered after a two-hour long appointment with the Rheumy. Goodness, I'm very glad we're going to be in Oz and if we go on to NZ later we can visit my daughter and grandchildren out there.
    For now though, think I will retire to my cabin and rest until we reach land. Tomorrow will find me raring to go - Kuddling Kangaroos or whatever.
    Luv
    Annie
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Trisher and Chris

Sorry to hear that you have been feeling so ill, Trisher. Perhaps a little dose of Australian sun will do you good.

Glad to hear that you have taken notice of the advice about how to survive in Australia, Chris. There are all kinds of dangers lurking, aren't there :?: Best to be prepared :!:

Well, the barbie went very well tonight. Rolph Harris came with his friend, Jake the Peg. There's something a bit odd about him in the leg department, but it would be handy to have a spare with knees like mine :!: We all joined in with Tie me Kangaroo Down, Sport, while Rolph played on his digeridoo. ( This is where we miss Rehab, isn't it :?: He would be bound to pass comment on that one :!: )

Kylie had heard about all the fun, so she came along too. She is so tiny, I felt like an elephant beside her :!: (no comments about the size of my backside,please :roll: )

Fat Kev and Valmai, Edna's daughter, didn't show up. Some excuse about exploring the possibilities of cultural exchanges. Not sure why that involves booking into a hotel though.

Joan

Hi Annie

A visit to New Zealand can be arranged, specially for you.
  • trisher
    Options
    Hi Annie

Nite nite Annie God bless Try and have a nice sleep. You'll you have tp tell me about your appointment re Rheumy.

I've got relatives in N Zealand

trish xx
  • trisher
    Options
    Joan

Oh I could do with some warm weather.

You played with Rolf's digeery do :shock: What did you play if I dare ask :shock:

Joan I have left a very sheltered life. :idea:

There are many many nasties in Oz, I do hope you washed your hands afterwards :?: :?: (after Rolff I mean)

I missed the barbie hhohoo are there any drinks going round.from

Jake the peg's wooden leg what could be wrong with that. I've got some spare bist my legs they made me before it became apparent that I would never be never be able use them.

What bits is he lacking from :?:

trishxx
  • chris7
    Options
    Am off to my cabin now Trisher

Hope we can see some koalas tomorrow, a030.gif
    and that everyone is feeling a bit better. There seem to be alot of folks struggling with viruses and bugs at the moment.
    Yes Joan we are missing rehab he would have been in like a shot at the mention of a didgerido (or however you spell it!)
    Yes Trish I still do 3 days at the sweet factory, it's all I can manage there now, I do occasionally drop a bar of white chocolate accidentally[/i] you understand :wink::wink: which means we get to eat it :lol::lol: We did a huge Christmas order in August which was going to Australia so we may well find some of it here eh?
    Take care, try and get some rest. Nite nite
  • trisher
    Options
    Hi Cris

I hope you have a peaceful nigh

God Bless

trish xx
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi

Today we are going to nip over to New Zealand to visit Annie's daughter and grandchildren. I'm sure she won't mind so many of us arriving without warning and expecting food and a bed for the night. Fat Kev and Valmai are coming too. They seem to have formed a close bond, all in the name of cultural exchange, you understand :roll: I don't think Dame Edna is too impressed though. Reports about Fat Kev's previous antics with Mrs. Rehab have reached her ears.

Annie, where exactly in NZ does your daughter live :?:

Joan
  • trisher
    Options
    Hi Joan

Where is everybody? I'm sorry I'm late had to stop off.

My relatives were living in a place called popa toe toe I don't know if that is how you spell it.

If you wanted to go to the cinema it was a 100 mile ride to town.

Their home was rerish xxally nice.

t [/img]
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Trisher

I like the name Popa Toe Toe :!: :!: For some of us, it might be more a case of Popa Knee Knee or Popa Hip Hip :!: :!: :lol:

Joan
  • chris7
    Options
    Hi Joan and Trisher

Are we in New Zealand now? Never sure where we are sometimes (join the club eh!) Don't fancy popa hip Joan sounds painful.
    Right well apart from rugby, I havent a clue what happens in New Zealand though think they have alot of sheep so Cris would be at home.
    Hope you hanging in there Trisher and managed a visit today? Hope the headaches better and you managing to eat something (both of you)
  • trisher
    Options
    Hi Joan

It is nice. I wish I knew the right spelling of it.

My Uncle Charles, he actually did have a big win on the foorball.

He took all his family out there including my cousins oh's.

They settledmout there. My uncle ( was my dad's brother ). All the boys learnt the building trade.

When he went out to New Zealand he bought land. He designed his house and built it. He used to send us photo's and it become a splendid big house.

The name as you said Hip hips toe toe. well at least we laugh arthur.

Where has everybody gone? Have you heard from Anne or Annie today?

trisher xx
  • trisher
    Options
    Hi Cris

Well we have found one of you. I do hope Anne is not unwell again. she's never been the same since she went down to the bilges. It must have left a permanent scar on her memory.

Well New Zealand has a lot of land.

What happend to Oz?

I'm trying Cris. It's very hard though. I still have a headache but not migraine. I don't know what will happen on Thursday. They might try and restart it.

I could'nt take no more mirgrains. If they were going to do that they would have told me to sestart it would'nt they?

trish xx