Forum World Cruise Part 2

Options

Comments

• chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Trisher

No I don't think they will do anything more with your meds unless you need them too love, I know you are struggling with all the stress which isn't helping. Just be honest and tell them how you really feel none of this I'm fine lark!!
    Have been googling New Zealand and unless I am very much mistaken it is raining in Auckland so we don't want to be there eh!
    I like the sound of Hokitika, or Wairarapa, they roll off the tongue so nicely. I'll have to be careful googling I think I nearly booked a holiday :lol::lol:
    Chris :wink:
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Cris

Well the Sulfa is the one they stopped and that is what they put me on for my RA/OA.

I'm not taking anything for it now at the moment. I don't want it to get worse. or have another flare. They said that I have had arthritis for a long time.

They put me on Sulfa because the do not know wha to give me because I have such a lot of medical problems going on.

I'm taking Oxycontin and Oxinorm for pain. I can take Paracetamol but that's if. Apart from all the other meds that I'm on.

I will just have to wait and see.

I can just imagin that you get a bill for the holiday that you only googled to see what NZ was like. Ha Ha

trisher xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Chris and Trisher

Sorry if you are getting confused about where we are. This is a bit of a whistle-stop cruise, isn't it :?: Blame Fat Kev :!: :roll: I just thought we would call in on Annie's daughter and grandchildren as she mentioned them, but haven't heard from her yet. We could return to Oz later if you like.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • chris7
    Options
    Trisher

Just hope they keep your pain down as much as they can. Unfortunately all meds seem to be a bit of a juggling act at times, hoping the benefits outweigh any side effects. We are all just wishing things were better for you. This has nothing at all to do with New Zealand but am sending some flowers 075.gif
    Though am sure New Zealand has its fair share of them, there seem to be lots of National Parks with hot springs, oooer they would be good for aching bones I think.
    Chris xx
  • trisher
    Options
    Hi Joan

Well Cris and I have wondered why we are here. No doubt Anne is cuddling her grandchildren. :D

Well that's ok as long as she is not ill again. She was very poorly last week. :(

Where are we going next Joan? They would never have been able to do the walk in China. Along the Great Wall.

I went to I think it might have been Teneriffe, I think and it had a minature size of the Wall there, we had to walk a long time until we reached the end. :oops:

I think we could all do with a drinkie or two how about that?? :D

trisher x
  • chris7
    Options
    Trisher

Now that is a good idea but don't you be leading me astray again! a017.gif
    We could just have a small one eh!
    If we have too many we might be joining in with that Maori dance they do at the Rugby, a haka I think it is called. Looks fierce though eh. No wonder they have such a good team :shock:
  • trisher
    Options
    Chris

Thank you, I wondered what it was hurtling through my laptop for a minute. They are lovely and fresh being they came all that way they smell nice Cris

I was left a message that my ALT had risen what ever that is. They do not tell you what levels are at my hospital.

The hot springs sound nice, well have to go there. Then we could go
    to a national park or two.

Do you know that there can be Tsunamis if there are large earthquakes near to here. We could all need to swim fast.

Cris, don't have your hair done at the moment, 1 giant wave and your hair might be a mess.

trish xx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    I have arrived and to prove it I'm here - in the words of whoever-it-was (Max Bygraves?)
    My daughter and her family live in North Island, right out in the sticks in a place called Wanganui. When I spoke to her last Monday the weather was beautiful there and they are just coming into their summer. My eldest granddaughter had her 11th birthday last week and is now taller than her Mum (who takes after me - we're pocket size).
    I am feeling very much better today all ways round, so a little drinkie sounds just the thing and a large drinkie even better.
    Trish - hang in there, love.
    Luv
    Annie
  • chris7
    Options
    Sorry Trish

You made me laugh talking of having my hair done :roll: :roll:
    I still keep it long inspite of the emerging grey bits, and only have it cut once or twice a year. I cut my fringe myself so I can see :? but think I have a phobia of hairdressers. Don't think any wave would spoil it :lol::lol: Saves me a fortune at least.
    Back to my googling I see they recorded an earthquake in Manawatu today but think it was only a baby one :!: We had best watch our backs though and be ready to take shelter.
  • trisher
    Options
    Hi Annie

have you been to see your daughter in NZ or are you on Scype? Wll this place Wagauni sounds nice. Ohh we could all go there for tea. is her OH a New Zealander?
    :o
    right, Cris Joan, well go to the bar.

Cris thinks I lead her astray, as if I would :shock:

Cris re your hair, Well your still have to be careful it does'nt get wrapped round a tree :)

trisher xx
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Please lead me astray, Trisher!
    My daughter's OH has 11 brothers and sisters and half of them emigrated to NZ yonks ago. Work wasn't a problem and we all agreed that it was a far better place to bring up children than this country, so they joined the kinfolk out there 4 years ago. We talk on the phone, on Skype (constantly). It's unlikely that I will go out there as I can't fly, so this cruise is ideal.....woohoo!!
    See you in the bar, the drinks are on me, large ones all round.
    Luv
    Annie
  • annie_mial
    Options
    :roll: Nearly forgot, don't let Chris go out there with her hair loose, if daughter sees her like that she might get sheared by mistake!
    Annie
  • chris7
    Options
    Annie

Do hope you have had chance to visit them in New Zealand, it sounds lovely? :D

Right I've got the drinks in a015.gif

You are right Trish another good excuse for my boss, I couldn't get in to work as my hair got wrapped round a tree :lol::lol:

• trisher
    Options
    Annie

You must go and visit waht about flying to there? Can't you do that?
    Cheers drink up. Did you see your grand children when they were born???

Cris
    There you go I have all original anwswers as to ermm not get to work

Drink up Cris

trisher xx
  • trisher
    Options
    Gosh I never thought about that What can we do? Cris we have to be careful of the sheep shearers and your long hair.

trisher xx
  • trisher
    Options
    Annie

What happend to you at the rheummy clinic they kept you in there 2 hours

trisher xx
  • chris7
    Options
    I'm liking your style Trish

You give me really good excuses not to go to work and tell me to drink up, what a good friend you are
    a030.gif
    Don't worry about the hair I'll keep it tied up just to be sure :lol:
  • trisher
    Options
    Cris

That's good I like to help.

I love your smilies my laptop just throws them out when I try to do them.

Oh that's what I meant to tell you I had a flu jab yesterday.
    I'm sure you'll be interesed.

trish xx
  • chris7
    Options
    Well done, yes you need to have that one eh! best be safe, hope it didn't hurt too much, I hate needles. :? :?
    Chris (the coward) :wink:

Wonder where Joan will send us next :?:
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Trisher, not only did my Rheumy appointment last two hours, but I saw the consultant herself! I must be special!!.............well, actually no, just different (according to family, I just like to be awkward).
    I actually think I'm just a good case to write about as I don't show the rheumatic conditions in any usual way (she writes books, too).
    If things go according to plan.............I should be starting methotrexate in 6 weeks' time.
    I won't hold my breath!
    Chris, you make me jealous - I had hair long enough to sit on, but the headaches became so bad I couldn't stand the weight and had it cut short. That's a long time ago now.
    Luv to all
    Annie
  • debbierose
    debbierose Member Posts: 403
    Options
    happy birthday for yesterday hope the parties still going on i,m on my way, but i'm a snail so taking a little time
    to get there
    lol
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Hi, Trisher, Chris, Debbierose - 5am and have decided to come up on deck and watch the sunrise. Wanganui is a beautiful place, they have a trout stream at the bottom of their 'garden' - lots of land there. Also an orchard, with pigs in at the moment and lots of sheep. Two cows, one called Wilma. The other one has not been named yet.
    They rear all the orphan lambs by hand and the children take their turn in bottle feeding them.
    Trisher, what is Muffin? A donkey? Please let us know.
    Love to all, going back to bed now
    Annie
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Annie,

I'm glad you are feeling better, and we will definitely stop off to see your family. My eldest grand-daughter is 11 too, and they suddenly get grown up, don't they? Mine has just started high school, and all of a sudden she is using hair straighteners and checking her appearance in the mirror frequently. She wears her tie loose, because she doesn't want to be considered a "nerd" or a "geek"!!!!

I know of Wanganui very well as my brother in law and family lived there for 5 years.

So Wanganui it is folks :!: See you there later, and Annie, you can enjoy seeing your family. :D

Joan
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Joan, I can't believe you've actually heard of Wanganui - never come across anyone before who didn't just look blank when told their address!
    My daughter says Rachael is '11 with an attitude', but she did send me a birthday card she made herself telling me I'm 'the best nanna in the world'. I'm quite proud of that, as she is 11! Wonder what next year will bring?
    The only times we can Skype is when they are visiting others with Broadband - the area they are in is not covered.
    A visit to them will be just the job! I will warn her of the forthcoming onslaught!
    Luv
    Annie
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi shipmates

As the SkylARC drew near to the harbour in Wanganui, New Zealand, we could see all Annie's family lined up to greet us. They were all waving Union Jack flags and singing God Save The Queen, so we knew we were among friends. As Annie stepped off the ship, a red carpet was rolled out in front of her, and all the local dignitaries lined up to shake her hand. A Rolls Royce was waiting to take her on a tour of the town, followed by a dinner in her honour.

The rest of us were totally ignored, which we thought was rather rude, until we discovered that everyone thought Annie was actually Princess Anne on an official visit. We didn't want to spoil anyone's fun, so we kept quiet about the mistake and followed behind the cavalcade. It will be a posh dinner tonight, folks!!!

Joan