Anyone for Gardening?

Options

Comments

• ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Brambles and mare's tails, what a pain they are. :x
    We have a field next to us and we get all the seeds flying over into ours. Worst one is couch grass. Spreads like wild fire given the chance. :?
    Next door neighbour imported some soil with a small leafed weed that has a white flower. Grows all year round and hides under flowers etc.

Gardeners eh, we have a hard life :lol:

OH is spending his evening watering everywhere. I'll show my appreciation by going to have a cooling glass outside.

Looking good though, planted all the pots up, and the hanging baskets are up and watered.
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Ive been out with the hose pipe today its been so hot. I had tea out side back garden its been gorgeous.
    This morning been to cannon hill park in Edgebaston the flowers are lovely there and they have quite a few duck ponds.
    Just being out side makes me feel a whole lot better. Hope everyones enjoying their sunday from joanne :D
    Joanne
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    got my first sweet pea flower :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

have been told that they are very hungry plant and to feed them regularly :shock: got visions of roast beef and all the trimmings at first :lol::lol::lol::lol:

.... but will tomato food do? got some of that

and is once a week about right?

hope someone knows cos I don't :wink:

ta
    hugs
    WOnky xxx
  • whalewatcher
    whalewatcher Member Posts: 90
    Options
    Morning All

I've found my marauding snail. It was lurking under a marigold so I dropped it gently into the garden below.
    I'm going to do very little today as the temperature in London is threatening to be 30 degrees - phew.

Whalewatcher
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    It is indeed whalewatcher. i am in Middlesex so part of the 30 degrees area.
    got some brambles growing in the border already filled one bag.When I met the OH one half of his garden was just brambles so at least it is not as bad as that!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    Morning All

I've found my marauding snail. It was lurking under a marigold so I dropped it gently into the garden below.
    I'm going to do very little today as the temperature in London is threatening to be 30 degrees - phew.

Whalewatcher

wow that is hot!!! hope you can keep cool.

sending cooling hugs (((((((((((((()))))))))))))))and a well done for getting the snail ....... they can't beat us can they :wink::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

wonky xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Wow!!!

you have had a lovely bit of weather there Elizabeth!

Slugs and snails go over our fence too - into scrubland :wink:

Wonky was it you who had a sweet pea flower?? Lovely lovely bring it over so I can smell it.....mmmmm....
    lovely thanks

Toni xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Wonkylegs wrote:
    Morning All

Whalewatcher

wow that is hot!!! hope you can keep cool.

sending cooling hugs (((((((((((((()))))))))))))))and a well done for getting the snail ....... they can't beat us can they :wink::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

wonky xx

Hi Whalewatcher,

Sending you up some best ice cream and a bit of sea breeze... though tis 28.4 here just now.

Glad you found it but..... if it survived the absnail..... it might climb back up :wink: Stay cool there. Cris x

Hey Wonky slugs beat me every time :lol::lol: Hope your feeling a lot better and go easy today. ((( ))) and slurps xx

Sorry Tilly I missed you there :oops: they can't cross water and don't normally go in it so its human that way.....

Someone told me the size my slugs (well I would dispute they are actually mine :lol::lol: ) are means they are 7 or so years old..... that made me think..... ((( ))) xx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    [ and a well done for getting the snail ....... they can't beat us can they :wink::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

wonky
    Someone told me the size my slugs (well I would dispute they are actually mine :lol::lol: ) are means they are 7 or so years old..... that made me think..... ((( ))) xx[/quote]

:shock:

Eeeeuuuwwwwww!!!!!!!

Daisy eats snails :wink: Sorry slugs :oops:
  • skezier
    Options
    Toni I will send her up a box of my very best 10" vintage ones......... :lol::lol::lol: xx
  • whalewatcher
    whalewatcher Member Posts: 90
    Options
    I found another snail inside the watering can. How sneaky is that!
    I lobbed it into the garden which surprised the magpie who cackled something obscene in Magpie-ian. Aren't they noisy.

Hope you're all keeping cool.

Whalewatcher
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    I found another snail inside the watering can. How sneaky is that!

Whalewatcher

:lol::lol::lol::lol: that's exactly how sneaky they are :wink:

hope he's got the message too!

as for magpies ..... noisier even than starlings :shock:

hugs
    WOnky xxx
  • skezier
    Options
    Oh Lynn you lucky person... we don't eve get greys here....Mind there is still the slug I am off loading....... :wink: Love Cris xx

Hey Wonky did you and Whale watcher say you want magpies..... I have 100's and seagulls who probably have never seen the sea......... Little legs has been out chasing then as I think her barking has worked with the vertigo.... Touch wood quick everyone! Slurps and ((( ))) xx

Now I must just sneak a 10" slug into Whalewatchers marigolds.... Sorry flower I loves you really :lol::lol: xx

Right putting a cuppa on the bench for Tilly and the deer is here too so she will get a soft nuzzle form her and a beautiful brown thoroughbred is waiting to give you a ((((( ))))) Tilly. You rest u and there is a bag of hope up in the old oak. Luv Cris xx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Magpies are clowns........not my favourite birds as they take young ones from nests, but they can be really funny at times. The two pairs we had come to the feeders teased the hell out of all the cats - several times seen one pretend to have a broken wing to get the cat away from the tit-bit it wanted!

Annie
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    love to sit still in the garden and see who comes down to visit
    val
    val
  • suncatcher
    Options
    Hi everyone ive sorted me weeds out. :D sprayed em good and proper on my drive.
    The sprayer hurt my hands you had to pull base of sprayer gun out then spray like a pump. It sucks up a little weed killer at a time. :( what a killer but i loved killing the neusances. :) Im going in the country weekend to find a nursery and have lunch in a nice pub. Hope the suns out its been grand weather hasnt it 8) 8)
    enjoy your gardens guys :D
    Anyone got a gnome?

from joanne :D:D
    Joanne
  • valval
    Options
    suncatcher wrote:
    Hi everyone ive sorted me weeds out. :D sprayed em good and proper on my drive.
    The sprayer hurt my hands you had to pull base of sprayer gun out then spray like a pump. It sucks up a little weed killer at a time. :( what a killer but i loved killing the neusances. :) Im going in the country weekend to find a nursery and have lunch in a nice pub. Hope the suns out its been grand weather hasnt it 8) 8)
    enjoy your gardens guys :D
    Anyone got a gnome?

from joanne :D:D

we have one in the pub on here when he not going off on trips he gets every where sure i saw it in the garden earlyer could be any where now.
    have good lunch
    val
  • suncatcher
    Options
    Maybe the knomes sunbathing somewhere i wouldnt blame him its so hot. :D
    Joanne
  • valval
    Options
    suncatcher wrote:

could be he used to stand out side the pub but tends to travel spooky. never where we left him.
    val
  • suncatcher
    Options
    valval wrote:
    suncatcher wrote:

could be he used to stand out side the pub but tends to travel spooky. never where we left him.

Sounds like an interesting little fellow i bet he could tell us a few stories. If only we could catch him that is! :D
    Joanne
  • suncatcher
    Options
    Im going to bed now val val if you see the little fellow let me know. good night sleep tight from joanne
    Joanne
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    All you gardeners out there, have a go at this:

http://www.zefrank.com/flowers/intro/

If you click on the list of saved designs at the side on Make Your Own Flower, you will see a flower named Trisher which was designed by me.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi All

so the slug battle comntinues.....eh?

Mmmmm... tehy are devious hiding in watering can and Cris Daisy is still waiting for her 10" one......

Well done Joanne for doing the spraying - doesnt that hurt? I dont do it as I am scared of hurting Daisy :roll:

Got some thingies.

yes thingies.....they go at the top of bottles (any like empty coke ones - not cooking sherry ones) and you fill them with water poke them in the ground and they water the plants for you while you are away.....

so far the one I tried did it far too quick - 24hrs so I am going to block one of the holes up and try to slow it down....

Hi Tilly Hi Joan Hi anyone I missed - sorry :oops:
    Love

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Tilly

Hope you're feeling a bit brighter today?

Well, no sign of the squirrel today, Cris - maybe he/she isn't happy with what's on the menu :roll:

Ten years ago this July, we lost our beloved old dog. We planted a mexican orange blossom, in memory of him. I'd always liked them, and one of my pet names for him was Blossom (well, he could be a bit of a big girl's blouse at times) :wink: They also flower in May, the month he was born :cry: Anyway, it's never really done much. A few odd little flowers, but we've left it there, fed and watered it, and hoped maybe one year.....

Well, this is the year!!! :D It is absolutely stunning - a great big mass of fragrant flowers. I wish I could do the photo link thing to show you, because it's beautiful. I'm chuffed to fluffy little pieces :D:D:D

Love from Lynn xxxxx
    Oh Lynn...I adore orange blossom...the smell is amazing ..especially when it is warm
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Oh Wow Lynn!!!
    How lovely Blossom has come back to cheer you up!!!

You have to take aphoto if you can so we can see it?

Love

Toni xx