Anyone for Gardening?

Options

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,457
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Lynn

I think I would put a question on the chit chat and someone will help you :D

Dont ask me I'm fick....cany even spell shiFt :wink:

Would love to see them :D

Love

Toni xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi have potted on my tomatoe seedlings never grown them from seeds before but they doing ok potatoes doing great from top do not know what happening under lol. val
    val
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    My brother has been growing his own veg, it seems he has lots of radishes :shock: I've never seen so many.

Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    My garden is full of blue at the moment, bluebells and aquilegia. Spring was white and yellow and June will be pinks and purples. Salvia and peonies. We had the first lettuce leaves last night and there’s enough mint for the weekend.

I don’t go near radishes. I get the nightmare of the evening when I was given a salad with a whole one on the plate. Tried to stab the dam thing with the folk and it shot off. It landed on the head of a very large dog. Very embarrassing for me and the dog. :oops: :oops:
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    I love bluebells, don't know why but they remind me of when I was a child. There protected I think, your not allowed to pick them in woodland.

Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • valval
    Options
    snowball wrote:
    I love bluebells, don't know why but they remind me of when I was a child. There protected I think, your not allowed to pick them in woodland.

Julie

they grow in my front garden look lovely gone now so can cut the grass lol val
    val
  • ironic
    Options
    I'm very lucky I have the English Blue bells. Yes they are protected.

They multiply every year. I give them to all my friends.

As kids we went to Blue Bell woods. Happy days :)
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hello - not been into the garden for a few days and not read back in the thread yet but I hope you have all been enjoying your gardens and better weather. G always knows when I am really down cos I lose interest in the garden - almost unheard of for me. So today he decided to apply some clever psychology to try to lure me outside - knowing I would feel hugely better if I did. So he started to dig a border I had begun some while ago and was very frustrated at being unable to finish it. It had the desired effect - I went out to see what he was doing and got all enthusiastic again. (He thought his plan would either work brilliantly - which it did - or backfire horribly if it just made me more frustrated that I couldn't do it myself). Anyway, I spent the rest of the day in the garden - with G doing the "hard labouring" - lovely man! So border dug, partly planted and cucumbers out in their final position. More planned for tomorrow. Gardening really is good for the soul! Hope you are all enjoying your gardens this bank hol weekend! Love Tilly x
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Hi my weeds are dieing :D:D brilliant. My aubrcia,sweet pea and pansy seeds are coming up. :lol::D:D. I have got some climatis yesturday they are planted. They look so tiny carnt wait to see them grow. I am very happy and have been enjoying the sun, inspite of having ear ache a week now. Its not getting in my way the garden is doing so much good. enjoy your gardens joanne
    Joanne
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    ironic wrote:
    I'm very lucky I have the English Blue bells. Yes they are protected.

They multiply every year. I give them to all my friends.

As kids we went to Blue Bell woods. Happy days :)

Our Bluebells have died off. i love them. I once lived near the Bluebell railway. Happy, happy memories of walks in the bluebell woods in East Sussex. i really need to go back for a spiritual walk(memories and all that)before i get too old.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Tilly and all,

My blue bells are out in force.... The hedges are covered in them just now and they are so peaceful (well blue s meant to be healing... :wink: )

I have transferred some round the bench and they are taking well and the glade under the old oak is now shimmering in blue.

Going to go sit and talk to the deer with m cuppa :wink:

Leaving you a ((( ))) Tilly and a hope your having a decent day. Cris xx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    The house I lived in as a child had no real back garden.......it backed on to some fields and meadows and a smallish bluebell wood. Crossed with pathways made by us, it was the way I went to school until I was 9. The last part before reaching the school was the 'big house' road, where every year they would give us apples and pears and plums and even cultivated soft fruits. At Christmas we would be offered mistletoe, holly (with white berries, too) and ivy for the wreaths.

From my bedroom window I could see a blue carpet with small white patches in places where the wood anemones appeared. Hawthorn, May and blackthorn, wild honeysuckle (woodbine) - the scent was unbelievable.

Annie
  • suncatcher
    Options
    babycham wrote:
    Hope I dont make suncatchers ear ache worse with a moan .But why are so many people digging up their front gardens of late .it makes me so sad but never mind its our brown bin day today so will be able to get rid of lots of weeds and tree branches ..then of to buy some strawberry plantsBabychamx

Our whole street did the get rid of the front garden thing. We live in a culdesac. One after another they disappeared. we have gravel and two raised beds. We wanted to cut down one grass we love flowers tho.
    Other houses have teenagers passing driving tests and need more drive ways. Block paving is going on but not everyone is doing that. The ones who have done that have more money no kids and dont need the extra space for cars but have it anyway.
    When we all had gardens when one went out mowing another down road came out and started.
    all keeping up with each other.
    even the watering of hanging baskets starts everyone else off.
    Alsas this aint no more perhaps the competing with everyone got to much. :D. No one know each other much now. We have curtain twitching instead of conversations. everyone runs in there houses. sad really isnt it!
    Joanne
  • valval
    Options
    hope this garden not down south they already talking of water shortages and we not had summer yet lol
    val
  • frogmorton
    Options
    ironic wrote:
    My garden is full of blue at the moment, bluebells and aquilegia. Spring was white and yellow and June will be pinks and purples. Salvia and peonies. We had the first lettuce leaves last night and there’s enough mint for the weekend.

I don’t go near radishes. I get the nightmare of the evening when I was given a salad with a whole one on the plate. Tried to stab the dam thing with the folk and it shot off. It landed on the head of a very large dog. Very embarrassing for me and the dog. :oops: :oops:

Ironic

am I allowed to move some of my blue bells to collonise the other side of my garden too?? and if so when?

Love

toni xx

Ps why are some of them blue and some pale and some white??
  • frogmorton
    Options
    suncatcher wrote:
    babycham wrote:
    Hope I dont make suncatchers ear ache worse with a moan .But why are so many people digging up their front gardens of late .it makes me so sad but never mind its our brown bin day today so will be able to get rid of lots of weeds and tree branches ..then of to buy some strawberry plantsBabychamx

Our whole street did the get rid of the front garden thing. We live in a culdesac. One after another they disappeared. we have gravel and two raised beds. We wanted to cut down one grass we love flowers tho.
    Other houses have teenagers passing driving tests and need more drive ways. Block paving is going on but not everyone is doing that. The ones who have done that have more money no kids and dont need the extra space for cars but have it anyway.
    When we all had gardens when one went out mowing another down road came out and started.
    Alsas this aint no more perhaps the competing with everyone got to much. :D. No one know each other much now. We have curtain twitching instead of conversations. everyone runs in there houses. sad really isnt it!

Hi Joanne

You are right though I still start off the mowing race :wink:

failing at the mo as my neck is too bad and I started the hanging baskets down our little bit :D

I wonder of all the conctrete and tar contibutes to the flooding?? Shouldnt rain go in to the soil, but if there isn't any.....?

Love

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Oh babycham :shock:

How much?

You live in a flood area?

I love hedges :D me and next door are the only ones who are keeping grass at the front :roll:

Love

Toni xx
  • suncatcher
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    suncatcher wrote:
    babycham wrote:

Hi Joanne

You are right though I still start off the mowing race :wink:

failing at the mo as my neck is too bad and I started the hanging baskets down our little bit :D

I wonder of all the conctrete and tar contibutes to the flooding?? Shouldnt rain go in to the soil, but if there isn't any.....?

Love

Toni xx

You set the standard of the road. Everyone has to keep up with you. You put the rest to shame and they have to get out there mowers quick to save there reputations. I think out next door neighbour started the mowing off. Tho he cuts it to the inch of its life every week and still does. :D
    Joanne
  • ironic
    Options
    There has been alot of problems with gardens being made over to driveways. In some places they have finally realized this. When we have heavy rainfalls the drains cannot cope so causes flooding. Massive areas of land have been lost in this way. Plus all the extra house building going on.

Hi Toni, Yes you can move your bluebells not a problem. You are not aloud to dig them up in the wild but in your own garden it's ok. I would replant them when they are dying back. About 6 to 8" deep. Sorry I dont do mm. The English ones are upright with bells on one side and have a stronger scent than the Spanish ones. The spanish ones have their wicked way with our delicate English ones and then the Hybrids take over. The Anthers in the English one are white to cream.

Hpe this helps, Lv, Ix
  • valval
    Options
    well enjoyed cup of tea sat out here. the sky is blue what a great day for those of you who can enjoy the day and if you go near the sea paddle for me (feet aching) right potter around the veg to see how they all growing
    val
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Oh isnt it lovely everyone :D

Joanne

I shall be out with the mowewr this very afternoon as me neck is way better.

then you watch them all :wink:

Babycham - you keep it up too - Joanne is right someone has to set the standard.

Ironic

I will move them soon then? they are dying back. There are blue, paler blue and some white too. I shall put a mixture in and I will maybe do it this weekend. They are english I'm sure. I know just the spot :)

s030.gif

Enjoy the sun everyone :D

I am HAPPY

Love

Toni xx
  • suncatcher
    Options
    Happy mowing and frog morton dont forget the chatting to the neighbours while you are out there get some community spririt back in there.
    We have only car washing weed killing and hanging baskets out the front to have the opportunity to talk to neighbours before they head inside to twitch the curtains left :lol::lol: keep up the good work :lol::D
    Joanne
  • frogmorton
    Options
    I will Joanne

I will :D

Gotta water the hanging baskets too :De020.gif

You keep chatting to and smiling at those curtain twitchers :D
  • suncatcher
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    I will Joanne

I will :D

Gotta water the hanging baskets too :De020.gif

You keep chatting to and smiling at those curtain twitchers :D

iIwill. Enjoy your garden :D
    Joanne
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Just joining back in and haven't read back yet, but can see from my quick skim that you're all really enjoying your gardens now the better weather is here.
    I'm well and truly stoked up on steroids at the moment - so reckon I will be mobile enough to do some "proper" gardening at the weekend. I suspect that the pred will have me pacing the floor tonight, so I have already told G that if I go missing in the middle of the night he'll probably find me out digging up the lawn for new veg beds!!!!
    Happy gardening! 008.GIF
    Love Tilly x
    PS - Thanks to Lindalegs for showing me how to put pretty pictures into my posts!