Options

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    tillytop wrote:
    Hi everyone
    Just joining back in and haven't read back yet, but can see from my quick skim that you're all really enjoying your gardens now the better weather is here.
    I'm well and truly stoked up on steroids at the moment - so reckon I will be mobile enough to do some "proper" gardening at the weekend. I suspect that the pred will have me pacing the floor tonight, so I have already told G that if I go missing in the middle of the night he'll probably find me out digging up the lawn for new veg beds!!!!
    Happy gardening! 008.GIF
    Love Tilly x
    PS - Thanks to Lindalegs for showing me how to put pretty pictures into my posts!

lovely flowers well done val
    val
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Thanks Val - I grew them myself!!!
  • valval
    Options
    right need some one to paint shed for me every time i am off it rains and when at work it sunny what the weather trying to tell me lol
    val
  • tillytop
    Options
    Time for the hunky guys again me-thinks! We have them on permanent standby in our garden so just say the word....

Tilly xx
  • valval
    Options
    tillytop wrote:
    Time for the hunky guys again me-thinks! We have them on permanent standby in our garden so just say the word....

Tilly xx

ok send them down here my fellas all working there days off lol so no chance of getting them to do it lol
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,457
    Options
    Paint the shed??

Where is Jan with her bare chested blokey??

Good to see you Tilly

Think it may rain tomorrow - which we need so get out ther now everyone :D

Love

toni xx
  • valval
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Paint the shed??

Where is Jan with her bare chested blokey??

Good to see you Tilly

Think it may rain tomorrow - which we need so get out ther now everyone :D

Love

toni xx

would if could but work lol stopping me will offer to carry shopping out to cars and might sweep out front of shop lol could sit in the window and scare off the customers lol
    val
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Oh Val :(

you wouldnt scare anyone off :(

You sit here for half an hour and enjoy the sun for now eh?

Love

toni xx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    I've just crept in from the garden for a sneaky cuppa, been trying to save as many bluebells as I can, also some montbretia. It will all be a bit hit and miss as they will all temporarily have to go into pots.
    Still, I am trying!

I thought it was supposed to be a bit cooler today? Not here, it isn't!

Annie
  • tillytop
    Options
    Val - I sent the hunky guys over to yours first thing - so hopefully by the time you got back from work the shed was done and you can sit back and admire (the shed - and the HGs if they've not gone off down the pub yet!)

Toni - hope you enjoyed your garden today - your were obviously all keen at crack of dawn this morning!

Annie - I'm sure you're montbresia and bluebells will survive their time in pots. When we first moved in to our house we brought so many plants from our previous garden some things were in pots for at least a couple of years before they were planted out. Not everything survived but most did. So good luck!

I've been directing operations in the garden to-day, rather than doing which is mighty frustrating but G is a brilliant "Under-Gardener" and is very patient when I ask him to plant something and then, when it is in place, say I'd really rather it was 6 inches or so to the left! Hoping it will rain now to water everything in abit. Love to you all.
    Tilly x n015.gif
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Annie

it IS hot :roll: think it's raining tomorrwo so should be cooler.

Hi Tilly have had loads of help out there today

Husband helping, but overstepping the mark - so pulled back into line :wink: Step-d doing the clover in the lawn :x

Glad to hear your under-gardener is a good one Tilly, but do you have to pay him in kind?

Love

Toni xx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Definitely cooler, have a lovely cool breeze now. Had some rain overnight but not enough.

Anybody grown peppers, gourds etc in containers for some autumn colour? Don't want many as I can't eat them, just want some quick fixes for autumn/winter colour this year. Anybody any ideas? Hanging baskets too - I was able to keep mine going all year round previously so will try that again here.

Annie
  • tillytop
    Options
    Hi Toni and Annie.
    Definitely cooler here today. Went out into the garden to potter and just as heavens opened! Took shelter in greenhouse watching G laughing at me from upstairs window! Was half drownded when I got back inside but rain is definitely doing the garden good. Slugs are eating my cucumber plants! Covered them up overnight so they just started on the lupins instead. Ho Hum. r040.gif
    Glad you had lots of help yesterday Toni – even though you had to keep a close eye on Husband by the sound of it! Payment in kind eh – hadn’t thought of that!!!!!
    Annie – I reckon that, since you don’t eat peppers, ornamental gourds would be a really good idea – I’ve often thought of trying to grow some cos they look so pretty. As long as you have a really big pot – perhaps up against a fence so they can have some support, I think they would do really well. As for hanging baskets, you could try autumn, winter pansies. Even though our garden faces north and is really quite cold in the winter, without much sun, we have had great success with winter pansies or violas and they seem to keep going for ages and ages.
    Love Tilly x
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Tilly

Hope you are doing well??

Daisy(kitten) and i gpt soaked too the other day and we both hid in the greenhouse for a bit :wink: Sorry about the slug, but my Daisy kitten EATS them!!!!!! Slugs love the lupins :(

Didnt need to water the garden though so that is a bonus eh :D

Now I am sat in our Gazebo with a steaming hot flask of tea in the dry nd warm - got some relaxation music on playing quietly i the corner.

Hoping Val will join me this morning and is feeling a bit better

This being a virtual garden I have no doubt the sun may well come out later :D

Love Toni xx
  • tillytop
    Options
    Morning Toni! r015.gif
    How are you doing today? Gazebo is the best place to be I think this morning. Is there enough tea in that flask for me to have a cuppa too? I’ve brought some choccy biscuits along for us and my book to read and I can see me falling asleep listening to that lovely music.... Sorry you are struggling Val but hope you will feel well enough to pop in later as Toni says. And I too am sure that the sun will shine on our virtual garden later on.
    Other than fingers struggling to type this morning (bit early methinks!) I’m doing fine today thanks.
    But just had to post about the sheer joy of wandering out into my garden just now and seeing all the lush green growth and flowers coming out. We have a rose and two clematis in flower, and several lupins. The beans and tomatoes are doing well in their pots and the slugs haven’t eaten any more cucumber as far as I can see. I really love the garden when it’s been raining and find that being outside even for a few minutes lifts my spirits beyond words.
    How old is Daisy? I love cats – we don’t have cats at the moment thought and I really miss having them around? I knew cats were good for catching mice, but slugs?!!!!!! How lovely for you to have Daisy to keep you company in the greenhouse.
    Hope all is well in your garden Toni.
    Lots love Tilly xxx k040.gif
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Tilly

I agree - the gazebo will be us for the day.....

have a look and see if Babychams cat is under teh seat will you? It's trying to dodge its jabs :roll:

My Daisy is actually 8 months old I think so well on teh way to being a cat - she is small but that's fine. I still find it hard to beleive that this time last year I still had my old Eric :( He was lovely :(

Daisy is gorgeous and really helped :)

Yep slugs make a lovely snack (so she says) and spiders too :) great cat eh?

Still hoping Val does get in it will make her feel so much better in here if she does join us :D

Love

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Oh I AM glad you've got her :roll:

I hope Daisy hasn't been teaching her her hunting skills?

She is rather Too good at that hunting malarky :roll: k045.gif

Love

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    I know...... :(

Tis terrible.......

she is very very very good at it.....

She brought a pigeon in when she was very little - it was twice the size of her. Shall I ask her not to teach her?

She could teach her spider and slug eating though??

That is very useful :wink:

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    You're right about the female cats - they are hunting for their 'young' i expect.

Still is does upset me and I call out to teh birds now when I open the cat flap to warn them :(

Those mice are FAST...... e030.gif

Toni xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Got yellow Iris out and my first rose. Lovely :D

The rain has brought on the veg patch. Cabbage and beets doing well. Courgettes for tea next week I think.

Hi Toni and Babycham. My cat loves being outside even in the rain. Got to say she''s useless at catching anything but a wet leaf. :roll:
    Even the birds dive bomb her. So she stays in the Gazebo and watches the day go by.
  • valval
    Options
    morning wet again can you belive it no wonder joints not happy about time sun came back football starts friday and i need sun so can escape to garden and read or potter my veg need to go in but not been fit to get them in maybe tomorrow :(:(
    val
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Morning Babycham Val and Ironic

I got my first rose too Ironic :D LOPvely - mind you I am watching form inside as is Daisy cat - she is swearing about teh rain - or she would be if she spoke.....

Brilliant isnt it :D

Babycham have you heard about Cris' ENORMOUS slugs :shock: Eeeuuuwwww!!!

Val - I left you some tea yesterday - did you get it? :roll:

Love

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Thing is

Cris can leave 'em as she lives on a smallholding....

yep you save em for Daisy and she will enjoy them when the weather is like today :(

She gets cross when it's too wet to go out :(k040.gif

Toni xx
  • tillytop
    Options
    Hello all - have just read back and really enjoyed the "cat chat". We lost both our gorgeous cats a few years back at the ripe old ages of 18 and 19 and we still miss them soooo much. Like Daisy, our Zodi would take on just about anything from magpies to foxes (yes foxes!) and innocent doggies walking by. I remember looking out into the garden one day and seeing her literally hanging off the nose of our neighbour's dog which had wandered in. Dog shaking head, cat spitting and growling and hanging on with claws - I'm sure you can picture the scene! But with us she was a real sweetie and so timid you would never believe she was the same cat. Mind you she was a terrified rescue kitten when she first came to live with us, so I suspect she had had a bad experience with dogs previously. Glad you found Lucy in time for the vet appointment Babycham. They just know don't they! And Ironic, your cat has got just the right idea, lazing in the Gazebo watching the world go by!

So glad to see you in the garden Val and hoping you will find a sunny corner to sit and read your book and work up the energy to get your veg in.

Done the chores now so I'm just off out to do some pottering between the showers!

Love Tilly xxx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Tilly

I bet you miss your cats :( They did really well though you know.

Daisy sounds just like yours - a little tiger she is, but the sweetest little thing with us. You know she talks dont you? She has several words :wink:

Think Babych's can say 'no vet - me hide'!!!

Enjoy your time in the garden - it is really enjoying alll the rain

love

Toni xx