Comments

• biddybeth
    biddybeth Member Posts: 45
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    babycham wrote:
    biddybeth wrote:
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Everyone Hi Toni, I found my Bosch trimmer great for rounding off my little box balls. Mind you, the picking up afterwards is a bit hard. I havebeen sitting out today with a gin and tonic. I love the summer, always feel so much better in the sun. Love Beth

Hi Biddybeth

welcome to the forums and the garden from me too :)

I have got a rechargable set of hedge trimmers...think teh are bosch? are they the same? i haven't had a go at the topiary with them yet :shock:

Mine are light too - I tried the weight out in the
    shop before I bought them :)

Did Annie say begonias?? i love them....what a gorgeous day everyone -hope you all made the most of it?

Love

Toni xx
    Hi Biddybeth Nice to meet you can you grow veg like the others Iam a bit pants horticult....y speaking Just spent a fortune at the farm shopxBabycham :):):)
    Hi Babycham, My husband always puts his foot down in the car when we pass a garden centre.
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    Biddybeth - in our virtual garden the tree can be anything we like - so a weeping willow it is!
    Babycham - how lucky you are to have a nice farmshop near you!
    Cris - your roses sound lovely - hope they survice the "pruning" this time! Glad to see you curled up in the hammock. The rest will do you so much good!
    Joy - sounds as if you have got your work cut out - and I'm sure the summerhouse will be wonderful and well worth waiting for??!!!
    Val - sorry that the ants have been nibbling your beans. But surely not even Daisy cat would eat ants would she?
    Toni, lawn looks lovely. I'm very impressed.
    Annie - hang in there! Builders will be gone soon and then the fun can begin! I have some black grass in the garden and it looks really nice in pots. And your begonias sound really bright and cheery.
    Hope I haven't missed anybody!
    I've been out pottering in my garden this afternoon - just finished watering as the heavens opened. Typical! Thundering now, so off to hide under the bed!
    Love Tilly x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi all it been raining here for hours and dark not nice at all been resting most of yesterday and today now feel human again i wish i could remember not to prune bushes right arm does not like it at all but always forget lol
    val
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Bought some lovely Geraniums they are like roses and flower through the summer and autumn.

They look so nice I just had to buy them, they are pink and white. Cannot wait for them to come and hubby already got a space to put them. I will take cuttings from them.

I have some Geraniums 3 years old and they have kept going through the snow this year. They have lots of buds on them. Some I had flowers on them in the winter which surprised me. They have grownbigger and better every year.

Trish xx
  • tillytop
    Options
    Hi Trish and Val - looked in on the Cafe and know that you were both up in the night again. Hope you did eventually get some sleep. Hope that your pains are better today Trish and Val - glad you are feeling so much more rested, but sorry you have overdone the pruning!

Like you Trish I love geraniums and the new ones you have bought sound lovely. Where did you get them from? I love bright red geraniums and always grow a few from seed. Seed for these ones are quite expensive - probably cheaper to buy them but I just enjoy seeing things grow. Have never taken cuttings though so any tips welcome!

Val - hope by now Daisy cat has been and mopped up all the ants to give your beans a chance!

I'm just off to potter in the garden with a cuppa now the sun is coming out.

Hope it's sunny where you are today.

Love Tilly xxx h074.gif
  • valval
    Options
    tilly just going to look if any left have some more to put in but thought would see how these got on first rained all yesterday so did not get out to see better day to day hope all going well val
    val
  • tillytop
    Options
    Morning Val - fingers crossed that your beans have survived - but good plan to have some spares on hand! I've done that with the marigolds I am planting around the tomatoes cos as I'm sure you know marigolds are a major slug magnet!

Tilly x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Hi Tilly Val and Trisher :D
    Another good gardening day here today
    and....

me begonia's are about to flower :D

Love

Toni xx

Ps love geranuims Trish and I also hope the beans survive...... :shock:
  • biddybeth
    Options
    Hi all, Not a very nice day here today, so not out in the garden. Like Tilly, I love bright red geraniums. I have started to put hardy geraniums in the garden as they come up every year and always look lovely - come in great colours too. Love, Beth x
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Hardy geraniums, now that's an idea.......I had a lovely blue one, which disappeared some years ago, but they are a good idea for the bad corner by the shed.

Annie
  • valval
    Options
    what do i plant under the cherrie tree ?????
    val
  • tillytop
    Options
    Hi All
    Bet your begonias will look lovely Toni!
    I have some hardy geraniums - just the "ordinary" blue ones but they are very pretty - and I think the leaves look nice even when they are not in flower. Would like to get some pink ones too I think.
    Wild flowers under the cherry tree would be a lovely idea but I always fail from seed too. But I think I have seen "wild flower seed mats" in the garden centre - some sort of matting I think which is already seeded and you just roll it out and water it. Or that's the theory anyway!
    Sunny-ish here today so hoping to get out for a bit of a potter. Still got plants in the greenhouse which desperately need to go out so may get some potting up done.
    Love Tilly xxx
    022.gif
  • tillytop
    Options
    Oh dear! Not really a good idea that mat then? I think they are quite expensive too so you might just have saved Val some money!
    How are you feeling today - better than you were I hope. And are you enjoying your book?
    Love Tilly xx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Morning girls :D

another ok day today Daisy is looking for slugs to eat - none around so will have to feed her today :wink::wink:

Babychm I hope you feel better soon. Marley is such a sad storybut lovely too isnt it?

I only put things like snowdrops and (will) add some bluebells under trees as tehy tend to nick all teh ntrients form the soil for them selves :x

Love to you all

Toni xx
  • valval
    Options
    babycham wrote:
    valval wrote:
    what do i plant under the cherrie tree ?????
    lovely little mixed bed of wild flowers Why are they so difficult to grow from seed I. always fail love geraniums to My cherry tree did not flower this year at allxxBabycham

mine gone mad never seen so many cherries the birds will eat the lot not even waiting till they ripe lol
    val
  • valval
    Options
    babycham wrote:
    valval wrote:
    babycham wrote:

mine gone mad never seen so many cherries the birds will eat the lot not even waiting till they ripe lol
    Val anything edible seems to defeat me last year some of the strawberries were very small and a lot were hollowxxLBabycham :(:(:( I get very cross

not tried strawberries but might next year only potter at it tree see to itself but did give it a bit of a hair cut the other day could not get up the path branches were weighed down not good
    val
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Got all the Wallflowers up now they're finished .....

where is evryone???.....

will wang 'em all on the compost........

heave......

there all done now :D
  • biddybeth
    Options
    annie_mial wrote:
    Hardy geraniums, now that's an idea.......I had a lovely blue one, which disappeared some years ago, but they are a good idea for the bad corner by the shed.

Annie
    They are great, even for putting under trees as they don't mind the shade. I have beautiful blue, purple, cerise and ppale pink ones, and they dont need maintenance. Beth x
  • biddybeth
    Options
    [As I mentioned before, hardy geraniums grow anywhere Val. Give them a try. Beth x

quote="valval"]what do i plant under the cherrie tree ?????[/quote]
  • biddybeth
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi Tilli

What a good thread this is...I love gardening, but cant get down now to plant things, so I will be coming on here to pick up some tips.
    Also I would love to grow veg...I have just put strawberries and potatoes in for the first time...and am really looking forward to picking them.
    Oh and cream teas at the cafe yum

Barbara x
    Barbara, Lakeland (www.Lakeland.co.uk) have an offer on at the moment - telescopic hand tools for £5.99 each - a weeder and a hoe. Saves your back. Bethx
  • valval
    Options
    every one been to docs or hospital today so will be back later
    val
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    I have two lilly's in flower on the pond. The roses are coming out now. Have a yellow one which smells of sherbert lemons. :D
    There is a small floret coming on one of the brocc plants and I have scoffed a courgette. :lol:

I have broom and primroses under my cherry tree Val.
    Geraniums in blue and pink both given to me years ago so very dear to me. Gardeners are awlays swopping, that's the best part.
    For the first year ever my peas have gone to Oz :( Might be a duff pack of seeds, I hope.

Happy pottering,
    Lv, Ix
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    biddybeth wrote:
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi Tilli

What a good thread this is...I love gardening, but cant get down now to plant things, so I will be coming on here to pick up some tips.
    Also I would love to grow veg...I have just put strawberries and potatoes in for the first time...and am really looking forward to picking them.
    Oh and cream teas at the cafe yum

Barbara x
    Barbara, Lakeland (www.Lakeland.co.uk) have an offer on at the moment - telescopic hand tools for £5.99 each - a weeder and a hoe. Saves your back. Bethx
    Hi Beth,thanks for that I really do need them :)
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    I sent away for some Geraniums they look like roses. They should grow well. I cannot wait to get them they are pinp and white and looked so pretty.

Trish xxx
  • tillytop
    Options
    Right now, has Babycham left any alcohol behind this compost heap or has she drunk it all? Ah there it is......
    Just going to lie here in the shade with me bottle till I either a) fall asleep or b) feel better.
    .... although best just get rid of these few weeds and I can see that the pansies need deadheading. Oh and Cuddles has arrived to "help" with Daisy kitten in tow - I'll set them to work on the slugs and the ants and send Daisy back to you in time for tea Toni!

There now, better already. Gardening works everytime!
    Tilly x