Anyone for Gardening?

Options

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thanks Cris for popping over from the cafe with the cuppa and here's the deer on the way now.
    Thanks Lyn. Your home grown strawberries sound as if they will be lovely - I'm very impressed!!!
    Tilly x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    right tomorrow need to prune some bushes using left hand as got trapped nerve on right what the betting end up using right lol
    val
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hi Val - you just go careful! I think I'd be dangerous trying to prune anything with my left hand! Mind you I'm pretty dangerous when I'm pruning anyway!

Love Tilly x
  • valval
    Options
    tillytop wrote:
    Hi Val - you just go careful! I think I'd be dangerous trying to prune anything with my left hand! Mind you I'm pretty dangerous when I'm pruning anyway!

Love Tilly x

me to but if leave much longer will not get up path all this rain making everything grow to fast
    val
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Just had our first strawberry, I was very good we had half each.
    Would'nt give him my last rollo though :D:D

Oh Val take it steady, little at a time Please. We need you fit and wellish.

Lv, Ix
  • valval
    Options
    ironic wrote:
    Just had our first strawberry, I was very good we had half each.
    Would'nt give him my last rollo though :D:D

Oh Val take it steady, little at a time Please. We need you fit and wellish.

Lv, Ix

that all body will do these days promised my self an hour sat in garden if it nice again tomorrow what weather forcast like with this football never get to see it
    val
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    It will be mine, all mine, a bit later on today! I can hardly wait! I am going to go and get some more plants this morning while they tidy up..................

Annie
  • valval
    Options
    annie_mial wrote:
    It will be mine, all mine, a bit later on today! I can hardly wait! I am going to go and get some more plants this morning while they tidy up..................

Annie

remember to put your feet up as well do not over do it just tell oh what to do get good chair and foot stool ready for when you need a rest and have great time
    val
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Don't worry, Val, have spent a lot of time this afternoon just sitting and looking and deciding where my things will look best..........once I get it all positioned, will probably change my mind, anyway!

Off out now to tidy up and finish off what I can as it is supposed to rain soon, which would be good as I won't have to water anything.

Annie
  • valval
    Options
    annie_mial wrote:
    Don't worry, Val, have spent a lot of time this afternoon just sitting and looking and deciding where my things will look best..........once I get it all positioned, will probably change my mind, anyway!

Off out now to tidy up and finish off what I can as it is supposed to rain soon, which would be good as I won't have to water anything.

Annie

well done hope it getting there val did not get in garden had to get farthers day presents lol might get in tomorrow pm. at work in morning
    val
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    annie_mial wrote:

Annie

Bet your all excited now, good luck with the plant hunt tomorrow. Is
    it safe out there with all the wild life you have found lurking in the undergrowth? :lol::lol:

Best send OH out to do a reckkie before you venture out.

f045.gif
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    My hubby's got me a plastic green house a tiny one for the wooden patio, I have a jasmine and a Parthenocissus quinquefolia. will grow 20ft and some plants for some hanging baskets im doing. Im gonna be very busy. :D:D
    Joanne
  • valval
    Options
    well have left the pruning but have cut the grass what a lovely day mind you went to bed for an hour this afternoon to recover
    e020.gif
    val
    val
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Have been pottering about outside most of the morning, but did go out for some grocery shopping and while out picked up a cordyline at half-price........just off to re-pot it!

Annie
  • valval
    Options
    so glad we have the garden to sit in it so nice now. will have a long drink and sit here listening to the birds val
    val
  • annie_mial
    Options
    babycham wrote:
    annie_mial wrote:
    Have been pottering about outside most of the morning, but did go out for some grocery shopping and while out picked up a cordyline at half-price........just off to re-pot it!

Annie
    Annie they are nice but so expensive ..do you mind me asking ..how much...The one I saw in B/Q was about..£30.LBabycham

Babycham, this is just a baby one and it cost me two quid! I've always wanted one and I will enjoy watching it grow.

Annie
  • annie_mial
    Options
    valval wrote:
    so glad we have the garden to sit in it so nice now. will have a long drink and sit here listening to the birds val

I've been sitting outside, Val, to escape the mayhem inside......hubby is putting a flatpack unit together. If swear words were screws or nails, he'd have finished it an hour ago!

Lovely out here with my tea...........peaceful.

Annie
  • valval
    Options
    annie_mial wrote:
    valval wrote:

I've been sitting outside, Val, to escape the mayhem inside......hubby is putting a flatpack unit together. If swear words were screws or nails, he'd have finished it an hour ago!

Lovely out here with my tea...........peaceful.

Annie

best place to be hope he has all the bits for it. sat out this morning was lovely sat in the shade val
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    HELLOO Girls :D

I have missed this garden! and my own too :D

Lovely day......

a cordalyne?? sounds lovely :)

Will definitely be back tomorrow.

Lots of love

Toni xx
  • valval
    Options
    annie_mial wrote:

Annie

know i bit thick but what is a cordyline??????????????? a plant?????
    val
  • frogmorton
    Options
    I got some Bamboo Babycham...got a small one for about 12 quid.

A fair bit but I am nurturing it :wink:

Anyone seen Tilly??????

Tilll??? TILLY????

Shall I go and see if she's havin a nap in teh gazebo??

Love

Toni xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi All,

I am losing the batter with bracken and bramble BUT the visitors are available it seems and they do actually trim the hawthorns and brambles so ..... :lol::lol::lol:

They also are pruning the roses.... now that I wish they wouldn't do but they wont kill it and it will recover.....

I wonder if anyone knows the answer to this?

Beach and Birch tress..... they have 100's of runners and I was wondering how much of the runner root do you need to transport them else where?

Till I am leaving you the flask blanket and hammock and a ((((( )))))

You all take care and Babycham thanks again for his name :D Cris xx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    No

Been up to the gazebo and Tilly is NOT there :(

Cris

Knowing them - not much - they seem determined to grwo whatevr eh?

Babycham
    You WILL get that bamboo - I'm sure :)

Love

Toni xx
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Hi everyone
    I have had another lovely day. I have been panting and watering with my son and we loved it. Im taned. I managed to find some petunias at a stall by bus station.
    I was intending to long trek over a main road to home base. I spotted the stall and vidio stall and got just what i wanted at fraction of cost and saved getting tired and missed waiting loads for a bus. I walked over to bus stop and it pulled in just perfect.
    I then waited until son came home and we planted, potted watered. i feel great. Hope weather is lovely tomorrow to get back in there. and son is going to twycross zoo. Hope u all have had a good day happy gardening from joanne :D
    Joanne
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Ah Joanne :D

Bet your son loved helping too.

You got a bargain and didn't miss the bus :)

A sun-tan and that really 'good' feeling you get from the garden eh? :D

Still no Tilly?

Love

Toni xx