Cris Skezier

Options
frogmorton
frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
edited 14. Oct 2010, 16:16 in Living with Arthritis archive
Morning All

I wonder how many of you thought there was thunder this morning? How many of you heard the dragging sounds of chains?

Good news it was neither of those, but itwas our friend Cris dragging her feet in the direction of the hospital for her (much needed, but must detested) bi-yearly drip :(

As most of you kow she will go every day this week (unless they are able to get it down to only 4 days) and each day gets harder as they struggle to find a vein and she feels more and more sick :(

She needs this drip - it is essential unfortunately :( and has kept it quiet on here.

So....

I am asking you all if we can do our best to keep her spirits up this week - make her laugh and know we support her.

May need to do some pocket duties as the week progresses - well maybe more like 'pushing' duties - to actually get her there!!!

Thanks all of you :D

Love

Toni xx

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Cris

I have just come out from the cupboard under the stairs where I was hiding from the thunder! At least now I now what it was!!!

Just to say that I am thinking of you and will be with you in spirit all the way this week.

You won't be able to move for all of us in your pockets!

Loads of love and ((((( ))))))s.

Tilly xxxxxxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh dear - now I know why I have been doing that rugby training thing of pushing against a padded wall. OK, will do plenty of arm raises whilst holding soup cans (trying to increase muscle strength, tho I prefer full pint glasses) so that I can assist. I knew it was iminent and I know how much she loathes them but - skezier, listen - we've been there before and got you thro and we are here again. You are facing this on your own, but you are not alone. Thinking of you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Cris
    I should have known all the noise was something to do with you...or was it him making the best of you being absent m0286.gif now we have a plan...but dont think we will need it.
    Hope it goes well for you my love....lots of hope.. energy ..and anything else you need
    loads of hugs (((((((())))) nnd love
    Barbara xxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Just to wish you all the very best, Cris, this week and hopefully it will not be as nightmare-ish as you envisage.

Chin up,

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    Options
    Wishing you all the best Chris. We are all with you

Carol x
  • queenfan
    queenfan Member Posts: 563
    Options
    Right Cris I'm ready & waiting, I've just borrowed some shoulder pads,not very good when you are trying to push ups,
    we are all behind you Cris
    Lots of ((((())))) sue xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Chris
    Just wishing you well and am ready for pocket duty

Love
    Hileena
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Morning Cris :D

have sent the loons down to bark at you and drag you if necessary (they're really good at the dragging bit. :wink: ) n020.gif

Wally will drive the bus.... and we're all coming down to take turns at tickling your feet while you're on the drip. p065.gifI've also dug out my best ever spell to make the drip at bit easier for you. p040.gif

compared to the taste of this potion the drip will seem like a dawdle.
    :wink::lol::lol:

sending you oodles of ((((hugs)))) and strength. got plenty peppermint creams and clotted cream fudge to keep us all going.

Iris xxx

ps... folks..the meds haven't arrived yet for Cris to get started on her drip.. fingers crossed they do arrive soon ..cause if not the strong anti emetics will wear off. :roll:
  • tillytop
    Options
    Hey Iris - don't like the sound of your potion at all!

Missing drugs is all Cris needs now isn't it? Can you do another spell to magic them there faster d'you think?

Love Tilly xxx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Typical Treliske eh?! :roll:

It means also Iris that they up the speed of the drip and it makes her SICKER!!!!

more work for us lot getting her there too.... :shock: n075.gif

Phew!

Toni xx
  • breane
    breane Member Posts: 392
    Options
    Hi Chris, Sending best wishes and positive thoughts to you. :P Hope all goes well for you.
    Love Breane.x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    b045.gif

This is me on my white charger, riding to the rescue, but as usual it's all gone horribly wrong. DD
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    You're right Toni
    just heard...they're now wanting to do the drip over 4 days for 7.5 hrs a day which will make our Cris very sick...

just not fair is it. :(

my spells mustn't be up to scratch .... need to try harder
    p040.gif
    ....toe of newt and eye of f... oops not that! sorry Toni... nearly boobed there... hide beanies eyes :shock: :lol:

Iris xxx
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi Cris
    I hope that this week is not too bad for you and if they are struggling with your veins tell them to give me a shout as I can spot veins that are in hiding. Sending you lots of postive vibea nd gentle (((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))
    Just off to make a picnic for pocket duty.........brie and cranberry anyone???
    NB
  • dippydoodah
    dippydoodah Member Posts: 350
    Options
    wishing you all the best from me too xx
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Options
    Sending a truckful of positive thoughts.
    xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi chris

I am ready for pocket duty, refreshed after being away.

Brought you another sheep from the dales , Awe and a baby black bull. Will look after them for you till you get back.

Thinking of you
    Juliepf x
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Ok Guys

you wont beleive this, but the hospital have npot received Cris' meds!!!!!!!!!!

this means four days starting tomorow at the higher rate therefore more sickness :( Please please can we all do our very best to encourage her to go in as that thunder that scared you all this morning? - well that will be NOTHINg compared to tomorrow :roll:

Love
    and thanks

Toni xx

PS - guess what as well?

she's gone straight from there to the sheep to fix the fencing as the calves (more like heifers now!) got in and did some serious damage last night :roll: so she had better not injure herself :roll:
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    What a dreadful thing to happen especially as you were psyched up for it Cris :(

I'm going to prepare a neglected lamb to amble in front of you tomorrow all the way to the hospital ward and I just know you won't be able to resist trying to catch it so you can take care of it.

Will be on-line to follow your progress tomorrow Cris - you know you have to go :(

Love Legs :|
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Aw Cris

I am so sorry but you must go in tomorrow ..... please get there.

Luv and gentle hugs
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • tillytop
    Options
    Oh Cris I am soooooo sorry.

But with Iris's spells, Legs's needy lamb in front of you, and the rest of us behind you pushing like mad, brought up at the rear by DD on her white charger, we'll encourage you to get there tomorrow, by hook or by crook!

And in the meantime, hope you are able to repair the damaged fence ok.

Thinking of you and sending lots of ((()))))s and a huge bucket of courage for tomorrow,

Lots love Tilly xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I have also an anti-reluctance liquid: Beaujolais. I will send you rewarding glugs for the end of the week when it is all done. DD
  • Rainbow77
    Rainbow77 Member Posts: 275
    Options
    Hi Chris

Sorry to hear that they did not have your medicine. Will be thinking of you this week.

Fayann xxx
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    Options
    Hey Cris I hope all them sheep on Bodmin Moor are not yours, I once got lost up there in thick fog all on my own I drove around for two hours and all I could see were sheeps eyes laughing at me. I was supposed to be going on holiday in a campervan I left Cornwall at first light and never been back. I was well used to Cold Fell in fog but this was something else!

But even if them sheep are yours I will forgive you Cris you are an ispiration to us all.
    lulu
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Not home yet Cris?

I am totally impressed with the plan - like the poor little lamb...that could definietly work esp if you said she could keep her after :wink:

Love

Toni xx