Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,457
    Options

Hi Joan yes Charley and Tia were friends that's how we met me and Paul! It helped that they loved each other already although they certainly had there moments when we got together as all children do 🙄Tia has gained so much she has two sisters now and we know how wonderful they are don't we?🙂

Kath they are indeed a unique species men, but we love 'em. That poem must be an old 'un I very much hope men are not subjected to some of those thoughts these days😕 Let's hope not.

Paul is a good one yes i am lucky, but I had my bad luck with Charley and Lucy's Dad. Crikey that was tough. He was a drinker for one and 'pretended' to go to work! He was really at home hiding all the bills and watching TV😮I found out when I went on maternity leave with Lucy so one aged 2 years and 8 months one about to be born and one big one. I coped a lot longer after that, but in the end a few things tipped me over.....eating Charley's snacks for her school lunch was one so she didn't have anything to take in with her....I lived on kids leftovers/beans for well years probably.

I do hope it doesn't backfire on your Chris his leg/s. Honestly it's a good job he is insured that's all i can say.

Oh what food thank you! Cobbler! Just checked and I think I have enough of the ingredients! Will do it over the weekend....not tonight we are out in Paul's sister's back garden eating a socially distanced pub meal delivery.

Barbara I am hoping Niamh might be an easy teenager when the time comes. She is so sweet natured as yet 🤞 You will definitely still be here to support your son if needs be.

So Niamh is a savoury girl then? Very unusual isn't it? Mind you Lucy was the same i will have said before, but she used to eat peppers like apples!

Love crumpets/pikelets as Kath says dripping with best butter. Aidan loved his French butter as did I but sadly it isn't vegan

Glad you still have your lovely neighbour for now.

Breakfast.....

quesadilla

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,943
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) yes I take the phone with me to the toilet I'm not quick enough either I have never worn shorts sue has bright pink ones. love to Chris ((())) and Anita ((())) and Val ((())) your dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) yes I remember you saying your neighbour had to wait because of the virus ((())) love to Mr B ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

love to Toni ((())) Paul ((()) Charley ((()) and her girlfriend ((())) Tia ((())) Lucy ((()))

Carol ((())) Bill ((())) Mig ((())) Chris ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Too busy for a poem, I need to do some research. Sending love, hugs and sparkles to all of you. Take care.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Afternoon all we have the sun for today.. so much nicer :)
    Toni thankyou for the omelette love them...what a rotten time you had with your first husband..you must gave been traumatised with Charley ..and Lucy on her way..it makes things even worse..we need all the support when pregnant..but look at you now.. against all odds has they say..and it has made you stronger..and you wouldn't have met Paul....or Tia..nice that Charley was already friends with her..yes we have our neighbour for now...and she isn't going far..love to P..xx
    Joan i bet Sue looked good in pink shorts..i have footballers legs i was once told hahaha..hope you are all ok..xx
    Kath busy is good..it keeps your mind iff things..xx
    Love to everyone
    Xxxxxc
    Love
    Barbara
  • CatLady1
    CatLady1 Member Posts: 64
    Options

Not sure where this week has gone. Still I have completed two of my projects. I have been overwhelmed and gob smacked today.

A parcel which had a new top in it, which I bought from my friend's on line store, came at lunch time. I opened it and was speechless. Besides the top and lipstick, there were several little surprises including a small bottle of wine with chocolates. So lovely. Then I had my mask come from the group I belong too. It had a butterfly on it. Finally, my cream tea arrived. I ordered it from the local pub yesterday, when I ordered it I had another surprise the landlady said when I ask if she would like my card number that she was giving it to me cos I always supported her on FB. I feel a very lucky lady.

Have done some more of my next project but I decided to do it in various sized beads and as my hands are rubbish it's taking so long. Still I will do it however long it takes.

Have enjoyed reading all your posts. The poems are so lovely Kath,. love your photos Carol, and enjoy Toni's meals. Sending lots of gentle hugs to you all. Have a lovely weekend and hopefully you won't get too much rain.

Take care and stay safe all of you xx

• Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options

Evening all 

It’s been cloudy here in the mornings and sunny in there afternoon here the last couple of days it has still been warm and very humid. 

Have only done a couple of exercises today as pain levels have been high so I thought I would have an reasonably easy going day . I did however go out as usual for a bit this afternoon had a little walk and a stop for coffee in a coffee shop that has outside tables. Well 2 days after today and we are going for our visit to Ramsgate to see the family. We will go on Monday and Return home on Friday.

Toni There would have been 3 little miss sassy pants but they did not do it in Lillie’s size. Mr t is good with the face masks as well he has always got one on unless eating or drinking and always on the bus. Unfortunately there is no point me talking to him when I have mine on because he doesn’t wear his hearing aids he doesn’t hear very well, and he  lip reads to get round that, so he can’t see what you saying. 😂😂 it’s annoying really. So Tia and Charley were friends first  sisters later it was useful they got on well. 

Chris Toni  is  right I do have a friend who is a bit of a know it all and she thinks she is never wrong, funny thing is she is a long standing friend of over 40 years and during this lockdown and  I have only heard from her a few times. So different from another more recent friend who goes to my knitting group who has contacted me every week since the lockdown started to see if I am ok. You were a lucky lady today glad you have your mask ready. Saw today one of our local hospitals has been 5 weeks clear of any new Covid admissions and they now have no Covid patients at all still in the hospital. Glad you like my photos of 3 of my great granddaughters the other 3 are another girl and 2 boys the older 2 being sort of adopted great grandchildren as my GS partner already had them when my GS met her. The youngest is his. But as far as we are concerned they are all our great great grandchildren. The ages range from 8years to almost 1yr. 

Joan glad you liked the photo of the GGC. Looking forward to seeing them next week. Hope  you and Sue and your gorgeous dogs are all ok . 

Kath yes I think you are right about the girls the are all beautiful they follow mum and auntie I just loved the little miss sassy pants t- shirts it suits those two really well  😆😆

Barbara thanks for liking my photo of the girls. Your right after this virus we all need our own space for a short time each day I think. It hasn’t been good for any of us to be cooped up together 24hrs a day 7 days a week. I don’t think especially if you are not used to it. 

It’s time to have a little potter I always think of Aidan when I end with this and then follow it with 

Love and Sparkles to you all ❤️❤️❤️🌈🌈🌈

Stay positive always👍xx
  • frogmorton
    edited 25. Jul 2020, 06:33
    Options

Carol you will always think of Aidan anyway but you and he did the same sign-off. I like still seeing it 😘

Well your 'old' friend hasn't turned out to be the best of friends has she during lockdown? Say a lot that. You were so good to her too when she lost her husband😮

I am very pleased Mr T is so good with his masks not so good that he can't wear his hearing aid....never thought of that with these masks. I have one which has straps all around your head so maybe that would be better for him?

Would that be better for him? I know you can get lip reading ones, but that would be no good for you as the 'clear panels looks to be made of clear plastic which would make me panic and you too?

I can't believe I remember the birth of your first grandchild!!! You are quite right ALL the GKids are yours 🤗

Barbara It won't be long before your lovely neighbour goes 😕at least she will still be local - maybe she can drop off her daughter to play in the garden with Niamh sometimes?

Footballer's legs?! What on earth is that about? It's good if you have strong muscles probably helped with your back and hips a bit, but how very dare they!!!! As Aidan would say!

Yes it was pretty awful having to pay off all that debt from the kids Dad it took me years to do and was dreadful. I had the gas board out trying to put a meter in....gosh the humiliation of it all. Anyway all is well now and as you say I gained Paul and an extra daughter with Tia. She has turned out to be really lovely.

Glad you enjoyed the breakfast yesterday today being Saturday we will be having some croissants for Aidan. He is very much in my thoughts today. Not sure why but he is.

Kath I hope you managed your research ok yesterday and it was 'fun'.

I also hope all is well and Chris' legs have not exploded yet! We missed you, but we all need a day off sometimes.❤️😻from Sleek.

Chris I am very proud indeed two projects finished in one week? I really must get on with some of mine🙄Take it steady with those beads they are fiddly. Aidan's husband used to make jewellery with the tiniest 'seed beads' I have some of his work and I love it.

You know what? you deserved to be treated obviously, but don't tell your friend else she will have had far more treats than you😁

Imagine not even paying for your cream tea?! Best mention how wonderful it was on facebook😉 Did you manage it all in one go?

So far it rained yesterday evening and overnight but it looks lovely just now 🤞you get good weather too.

Aidan's Saturday breakfast:

straight out of the oven and some coffee too:

whichever you prefer!

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) don't wear your self out rest as well love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and your dad ((()))

Chris ((())) that's good you have done 2 products that's good doing that with beads.

Carol enjoy your break away ((())) love to Mr T ((()))

Barbara (((())) you have sun good my Uncle said to me you have legs like tree trunks must have been the horse riding. love to Mr B (((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend (((())))

Toni ((())) I never saw your post yesterday I will look for it you had to cope with a lot but you did it good ((()))

Love to Charley ((())) and her friend ((())) Lucy (((())) Tia ((())) Paul ((())) and Pom ((()))

Love to Bill ((())) Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Daily Poem

Inhale. Exhale…

Ham Aloufi Dec 2014

Inhale. Exhale…

Close your eyes, and let your worries out

Inhale. Exhale…

Let your hope bloom, and sprout

Inhale. Exhale…

The sand watch is broken

Inhale. Exhale…

You’re showering beneath the flakes of time

Inhale. Exhale…

Time is but sand slipping through your fingers

Inhale. Exhale…

Send out your screams. Send out your shout.

Inhale. Exhale…

Open your heart, and ears out

Inhale. Exhale…

Lesson, and hear.

Inhale. Exhale…

Now tell me what you feel. Tell me what you hear?

Inhale. Exhale…

That’s right. That’s what you hear

Inhale. Exhale…

That’s your echo. There is no help there is no hero

Inhale. Exhale…

There is but you

Inhale. Exhale…

You plant the field by day, and rest at night

Inhale. Exhale…

There is no stop in the clock

Inhale. Exhale…

There is no walls, there are but stepping blocks

Inhale. Exhale…

Don’t worry the sand is but a fall

Inhale. Exhale…

The waves will bring you to your knees

Inhale. Exhale…

The waves will tear you apart

Inhale. Exhale…

Watch your world break. Watch your world rip asunder

Inhale. Exhale…

See that lighting shredding the sky, watching it fall as burned leaves

Inhale. Exhale…

Open your eyes, and see

Inhale. Exhale…

You are but in a field

Inhale. Exhale…

You are but in a room

Inhale. Exhale…

You are chained to your fears

Inhale. Exhale…

The more you fear the more you lose

Inhale. Exhale…

The more you fear the more you sink

Inhale. Exhale…

There is no god, there is no hero

Inhale. Exhale…

There is but you

Inhale. Exhale…

We all know we are going to die babe

Inhale. Exhale…

Let’s die fighting or die trying

Inhale. Exhale…

Strange poem you might think, but when you have 2 lung diseases (Asthma and Bronchiectasis) it makes sense.

Joan, my legs were like matchsticks. The mother of a friend of mine once said (as I bent over) "Oh Kathleen, you have legs that go all the way up to your bum" That's what you got when you wore mini skirts. 🤣

Toni, no Chris's leg hasn't exploded yet. I smother it every night with Dermol 500 antimicrobial cream. It cools it down and he really loves it. The red blotches are looking better. I really enjoyed my research, and I hope Christine finds it useful.

Carol, we had a shower of rain today. But it is so humid. I dislike humidity intensely.

Chris, what a lovely day for you, all those parcels. ☺️

Barbara, Yes, busy is good, especially when you are enjoying it.

Seitan & Beetroot Burgers

Ingredients: 

• 50g/ ½ cup mushrooms
    • 2 red onions, cut into medium sized pieces
    • 3 cloves garlic, skins removed
    • 2 medium raw beetroot, grated
    • 2 tbsp soya sauce or tamari
    • 2½ tbsp dark miso paste
    • 1 tbsp dried oregano
    • ¼ tsp all spice
    • 4 tbsp tomato puree
    • 1 tbsp cumin seeds
    • 1/8 – ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
    • Cracked black pepper, to taste
    • 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
    • 375g/3 cups vital wheat gluten flour

Method: 

1. Use a food processor to finely chop the mushrooms, onions and garlic. Don’t over blend, you don’t want a paste, but small pieces.
    2. Add in all the remaining ingredients. Bring together with your hands, don’t over work.
    3. Shape into burgers and fry in olive oil until crispy and cooked on both sides.
    4. Serve in a seeded bread roll, with accompaniments such as vegan mayo, lettuce and sliced gherkins. 

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• CatLady1
    Options

Hello to all you lovely people.

Thought I'd do a quick post while I have the lap top out, before I need the table to do some painting. I managed to finish my project with the beads stuck on it. At least all the beads are done. I just need to paint the background, so it will set the design off.

What have we done to deserve this weather - it's cold, windy and raining. Thank goodness I went for my walk early in the morning, as I had some carboard to take for recycling. I just can't understand how Amazon use such big boxes for a tiny item.

Well one more week of this shielding. I'm not excited about it. I really feel that it is a little early to take it off all together. All I intend to do is go out on my electric wheelchair. I've only had it since the end of October. It is so different to using a mobility scooter. I changed in October, because I want to get the bus into a couple of different places. I was advised to give up my car cos after I fell and badly injured my shoulder my consultant said it could be damaged again if I had to stop quickly etc. I couldn't go through another 5-6 months having my arm in a sling. It was very limiting. So hence my electric w/chair.

Love the poem Kath, it's very important to breath properly. Especially if you have problems. Toni you have certainly been through a lot in the past, but it will have made you stronger. I haven't told my lovely neighbour about any of the three surprises cos she would have been on the phone all day. I definitely didn't need that.

Thinking of all, hugs Toni ((())) Kath ((())) Joan ((())) Barbara ((())) Carol ((())) Mike1 ((())), and anyone else I may have forgotten. Now to put the laptop to bed and get my painting gear out.

Chris.

• barbara12
    Options
    Evening all..i did read all your post but wint remember it all
    Toni that's Karma you finding Paul and Tia..and being so happy now ....
    Yes footballers legs..i never wore a mini skirt again...hahaha
    Our lovely Aidan will always be with us...xx
    Chris what lovely friends you have..there are some kind people..so nice of the landlady letting you have the cream tea bless....the weather here is miserable at the min.xx
    Carol i love seeing your photos..it cheers me up..:)...poor Mr T not being able to wear his earing aids with the mask..never mind hopefully it will be soon overwith.xx
    Joan what are people like calling our legs never mind ...i said to the person at least im not ugly...then I ran...hahaha xx
    Kath I was holding my breath with that poem hahaha.. its good you are enjoying being busy..keep it up xx
    We have Niamh here she slept last night and will be going home shortly..she is such good fun...
    Love to everyone
    Xxxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Aw Niamh was with you Barbara. I'm sure her breath if fresh air will stay with you for some days to come ☺️

I do that was very rude to comment on your legs! don't blame you for calling them ugly and running off! They needed better legs to catch you😉

Yes Paul and me think we are really lucky to have found each other and made our family. Not sure i would recommend joining a family together though - boy it's hard!

Kath that poem is spot on for us lungies! Also might be good for meditation if someone was to read it out for you...?

Love the lung plant pic too.

So you are busy improving Chris' legs then? That's good hopefully nothing will explode in your house🤞

How are you feeling today? Young Sleek (she's added young to her name because she is 11 in September🙄) Has been over to check on you (and Chris) did you hear her rooting about in her drugs cupboard? She has left a poultice for you to apply to his legs.

Lucy's Nan says her legs go all the way up to her bum too! Lovely phrase!

Joan was I missing for you again? That's odd because it's happened before, but l am rarely missing honestly 😕Tree trunk legs?! That is just so rude! People really ought to keep their opinions to themselves!

Hi Chris well done getting the bead part done and I hope eh painting went ok?

The electric wheelchair is a great idea if it gets you onto buses and means you can go further. Won't be long now will it before you can hit the town!? To be honest sensible people won't be doing too much just yet and that includes me!

Good idea not to mention all your lovely little treat to your neighbour else you know she will have had all of that plus more probably a car.....free holiday.....spa day etc😁

Love as always to Carol hope all is well with you and the family and Mr T is ok?

Today I might be visiting P and taking Kari with me - we want to help with the cards she usually makes to sell in the village. I saw her yesterday she is in great spirits needs everything sorted so she can enjoy her time.

Some breakfast? Sunday so got to be a fry up!

leaving some

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) good poem I had to go to hospital when I was small to learn to breath properly love to Chris ((())) and Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and your Dad (((()))

Chris ((())) you are good doing that with beads enjoy you ride when you go sue has a electric wheelchair and a scooter I like my scooter.

Barbara ((())) animals love you no matter what you look like. Love to Mr B ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend (((()))

Toni ((())) young sleek is doing well nearly 11. Love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and her girlfriend ((())) Tia ((())) Lucy (((())) and Pom ((()))

Bill (((())) Mig ((())) Carol (((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Daily Poem (sorry if you've seen this before)

Familiar Stranger

by Kathleen Thorpe

Familiar stranger, who are you,

what do you want of me?

I hear that voice and see those eyes,

tell me what they see.

Did we meet somewhere in a dream,

or maybe at a dance?

I hear that voice and see those eyes,

they hold me in a trance.

If I should wake and find you gone,

would I remember you?

Still hear that voice and see those eyes,

could you remember too?

Joan, did you have regular physiotherapy as a child? I used to see the physios at the school where I worked, it looked quite brutal. But it helped keep the children's chests clear and avoid pneumonia.

Toni, yes, I heard young sleek furtling. The poultice should sort Chris' leg out good and proper. his leg looks less swollen and sore today. He has 2 sores that are weeping, but it's clear. So summat's working (I hope).

Barbara, is Niamh enjoying being back at school? I bet she's enjoying spending time at grandma's again.

Chris, I agree with you regarding shielding. hen it's over, we will still be housebound, as neither of us can walk without support.

Chocolate Berry Cake

One of the best chocolate cakes ever! It's slightly squidgey in the middle so works best as a dessert, served warm with ice cream...

Gluten-free? Use gluten-free self-raising flour and baking powder- available from large branches of supermarkets or good health food shops. Most vegan margarines are gluten-free but check the label.

Nut-free? The recipe includes nuts but they can be omitted if not suitable for your diet.

Ingredients: 

• 55g/2oz hazelnuts or flaked almonds
    • 250g/9oz self-raising flour
    • 85g/3oz cocoa powder
    • 3 tsp baking powder
    • 250g/9oz caster sugar
    • 1½ tsp vanilla extract
    • 120ml/4fl oz plain oil (not olive)
    • 360ml/12fl oz soya milk
    • 125g/4½ oz frozen raspberries or frozen mixed berries (don’t use fresh – they are too soft to bake)

Method: 

1. Grease a 20cm/8 inch loose bottomed cake tin and line the base with greaseproof paper.

2. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 (NB. Reduce this if using a fan-assisted oven).

3. If using unroasted nuts, gently roast them in a non-stick frying pan until golden brown. Cool, then – if using whole hazelnuts - chop into small chunks.

4. Sift flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into a bowl. Mix in sugar, vanilla extract, oil and soya milk. Beat mixture until it becomes a thick batter and stir in the frozen berries - and nuts, if using.

5. Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 35-40 minutes or, until the cake is cooked. Test with a sharp knife or toothpick - the middle should be slightly gooey.

6. Allow the cake to cool in its tin then transfer to a wire rack – or serve it warm. It is especially nice with dairy-free cream/ice cream or vanilla soya dessert.

• CatLady1
    Options

Sunday afternoon, and I working as and when. Going to start a sort of embroidery, its called punch embroidery, never done it. So I'm going on U Tube to watch some of their videos where they explain how to do it.

Toni I'm coming back to have some of your breakfast for my late tea/supper. I eat late of an afternoon/evening cos I must have something to eat with my handful of meds. That breakfast looked great and you've also remembered the tommie sauce. Enjoy your card making with Kari and P. I might even start making some again now I've got a craft corner set up now and I don't have to put things away when I've had enough for the day. My bead picture looked good with a pale lemon background. Just got to write up the last project Arts Together sent us. I've done the basic work, sitting in a room quietly and noting the sounds. I did one time before I had breakfast and the other one after tea. I now have to devise a way to put them down on paper. We don't have to do all of the weekly/fortnightly projects they send, but I feel it gives me motivation to do more of my own work as well.

How lovely that you had Niamh to sleep over Barbara. She sounds such a lovely young lady. Is she your granddaughter or a great one. Glad she is so much fun for you.

How does Sue find using the wheelchair after using her scooter. I loved my scooter and went out on it quite a bit, but having no car and not being able to walk to the bus stop. It is quite a distance for me and down a hill. Also I shouldn't have been able to walk up the hill to get home. Our village is mostly but the main road through the estate is hilly. The other hilly place is the post office, it has a really steep slope up to it. My scooter struggled to get up it, the wheelchair I wouldn't even try. If I desperatly (sp)want something posted I have to get someone to do it for me.

Time to have a little shuffle around. If I don't I'll be stuck here.

Love reading all your posts Toni ((())) Barbara ((())) Kath ((())) Joan ((())) Carol ((())

Take care and stay safe.

Chris

• barbara12
    Options
    Evening all..
    Chris Niamh is our youngest GD..our eldest is 22..no great ones yet...
    The bead work you are doing sounds lovely..its nice to be arty there is always something you can do...if I had a scooter I wouldn't get very far,we don't have a footpath on our side of the rd...you take care xx
    Joan you are so right..dog's are so loyal and love you whatever ..so you had physio for your breathing when you were a child..did it help and is your breathing OK now...love to all of you xx
    Toni niamh was brilliant ..she always has us laughing ...she said had you ever had a baby while you were an adult...then said I don't want one..how would I stop it would god help...hahaha..
    I can imagine how hard bringing two familys together is..and it doesn't always work ..so you did well..
    It will be nice helping P with her cards and very kind of you and Kari...good to know she us in good spirits..ooh and thankyou for the enormous breakfast..i shared it with my neighbours hahaha xx
    Kath. Its hard getting older.. we wouldn't get out if Mr B didn't drive..not sure how long that will go on for..i love the poem have you just wrote it..and how long did it take you
    Thankyou for the squidgy chocolate cake.. very morish..xx
    Well my brother was given 6 months to live on his birthday last August..and now nearly 12 months on..... still not a clue what the trial us they give him..but its intravenous and next week is his last one...
    Love to everyone
    Xxxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options

Evening all this is just a quickie as I still have a couple of things to do before going away tomorrow down to see the family. I’ve been busy trying to sort out who we are seeing when think I have managed that now but today have been all phone calls trying to sort it out. Just hope the weather holds out nice for us. May get into forum while away but not sure yet depends weather I can pick up the internet. So if I don’t get in I will give you all an update when we get back on Friday. Stay safe while I am away love and sparkles to you all.❤️❤️❤️🌈🌈🌈

Stay positive always👍xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options

Hello all, thought you might like to see my finished blanket I showed you all when the wether was warm and I was sitting out on the new decking,the bottom one I’ve just started.

Hope you’re as well as can be ,Last week I spoke to my rheumy though I’m a little sore and aching she reluctant to put me on any meds unless I have a flare.Next Saturday I’m going out for a meal as shielding should end then Will be the first time we have all been out since all this started apart from going out for a quick walk.

Take care all . X

• frogmorton
    Options

Love the blanket Mig i wish you lived nearer you could help me! It's gorgeous and a great start on the new one too.

I hope you can stay off your meds give your body a chance to recover from the chemo ((()))

Carol safe journey and have a wonderful time I am sure you will. Imagine seeing them all again after such a long time. It will be very hard not to squeeze them all! A bit of rain will not bother you i am sure. Post if you can but don't worry if you can't. ((()))

Barbara thanks we survived and lived to tell the tale! We are all fine now and love each other very much.

Your bro is miracle imagine he wasn't supposed to see last Christmas! I bet his GF is happy she had only just got together with him now look at them!

How is the kitchen going? Have you remembered to take before and after pics?

We are trying to take the pressure off of P so she can enjoy her time doing what she likes to do. When we have an afternoon doing cards we'll see if she wants to join us, but not if she isn't up to it.

Joan yes 11 not bad for a start Pepe was about 16 when he went, but tosca was nearly 21! So hopefully i will have her for many years to come. Chris (catlady) is interested in Sue's wheelchair how she gets on.

Chris wow lots of crafty stuff to do. Kari is an artist too and in an art group they Skype and are all working in their own houses chatting and making cuppas etc. Like you they don't have to do it all but it helps to have a guide. Never done punch embroidery I might just google it myself.

Kari has a whole room for art she calls it her studio. She has the small bedroom!

At the moment people are posting for me if it needs a post office because I don't like to go inside, but we have a postbox in the village i can get to easily enough. We are a flat village so i can walk ok and sometimes go a little way on my bike. It's such fun I miss it.

Glad you enjoyed the breakfast and of course must have our tommie sauce!

Hello Kath. Hmmm yes Sleek isn't the quietest is she?🙄 I hope the poultice is keeping the sores clear? She is pretty sure they should work. It's a Tosca 'recipe'

That's a beautiful poem. Simple and short but very powerful thank you ((())))

You and Chris have coped better with shielding than most because you are used to it. Some have taken it well others as though they are in prison. We're all different I suppose.

Chocolate cake? Thank YOU very much i love it 😍

It's piddling down here today so that's me trapped in I will try to be productive though anyway I must be less procrastive (new word!) Aidan would have liked that one.

Right what shall we have this morning ?

What about that then? Poached 'em!

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) that's good Chris's leg is getting better thanks to you (((())). I had double pneumonia when I was born. love to Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and your dad ((()))

Chris you are doing well I've heard of punch embroidery. ((())). sue has her scooter in the morning when we take the dogs for a walk the carers come and put her in the. Wheelchair for the rest of the day.

Mig ((())) you are clever doing the blankets Ave a good day.

Barbara ((())) how are you getting on ((())) love to Mr B ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend (((()))

Toni ((())) how is Charley ((())) and her girlfriend ((())) getting on with the house . Love to Paul ((())) Tia ((())) Lucy ((()))

Carol ((()))have a lovely time with your grandchildren I know you will love to Mr T ((()))

. Bill ((())) I go to say love to Aidan but he won't hear me he's busy there cleaning.((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

DAILY POEM

Goats By Kathleen

Trotting through the dusk on that deserted country lane,

a sight I'd never seen before - nor never will again,

as if by magic there suddenly appeared

a host of hairy goats, unusual and weird.

The big orange leader inspected his troops, 

made them form lines, sorted them in groups,

marched up and down like a sergeant at roll-call

I'd swear on my life he inspected them all.

A fat multi-coloured chap with horns that curled round.

A scrawny old bill with a beard down to the ground.

A milk laden nanny, two kids close behind

bickering and snickering (they had an axe to grind).

Elegant twins with hooves painted pink

and roses twined around their ears (at least that's what I think).

They came in their fives and they came in their tens,

they stretched so far along the road, I couldn't see the end.

So where were they headed, this brightly coloured throng?

Straight past me and towards the pub that I'd just staggered from.

I thought my poem might counteract the horror of the previous item

Chris is taking antibiotics for his leg. I'm still slathering it with antimicrobial cream, and with Young Sleek's poultice, there is definitely some improvement. 😀

mig, my daughter loves crochet, but only small things. With her teaching, she doesn't have time for blankets. Yours are beautiful.

Carol, enjoy your little holiday.

Barbara and Chris, i hope all is well.

Amalfi involtini

Ingredients 

• 1 large aubergine cut into 4mm slices lengthways

• 40ml olive oil
    • 1tsp fine salt
    • 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    • 10 black olives, coarsely chopped
    • 40g sun dried tomato puree
    • 1 tsp black pepper
    • 6-8 basil leaves
    • 75g butter beans cooked or canned, lightly crushed
    • 5ml extra virgin olive oil

Method

1. Brush the aubergine slices with olive oil generously and drizzle salt lightly over the slices and sauté them on a medium temperature in a non-stick pan for approximately 3 minutes on each side with the lid on until lightly browned. Alternatively, use a griddle pan. Set aside.
    2. In the same pan, sauté the garlic.
    3. Lightly spread the tomato puree onto the aubergine slices and drizzle with garlic and pepper.
    4. Place a basil leaf at the narrow end of the aubergine slice followed by a heaped teaspoon of the butter beans and some of the olives on top of the leaf and roll up to create the involtini roll.

• frogmorton
    Options

KATH people are asking after you in BLF don't know if you saw my last message to you about this?

Roadrunner being one person.

• barbara12
    Options
    Evening all..rained all day now the sun has just come out
    We went into our cafe today, there were only 2 people in so we changed it..so nice to see the staff again. They were worried has to who they wint see again...
    Toni yes I think P will have lots on her mind..so taking the pressure off her is good..i hope whatever timeshe has is pain free...xx
    Yes my brother has done well although he chocks a lot..but his gf us brilliant bless her
    Thankyou for the lovely poached eggs..that is my second one today the cafe dosent fry anything.. xx
    Mig how lovely the colour are in your crochet..you are very clever..glad you have seen your rheumy..its nice to have someone to speak to..xx
    Joan you poor thing double pneumonia..it just go to show what strong lady's you and Sue are..against all odds you have done lots with you lives..and still doing. xx
    Kath it makes my blood boil when people think they can hurt animals..has though its OK.. the poor things..i am not buying anymore if the goat's milk now till its sorted...
    Thankyou for the poem its lovely xx
    Carol you have a safe journey and a lovely time with your family xx
    Love to all
    Xxxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Kath do we know whether the goats were removed and the farm charged? Honestly it's just so wicked we have NO RIGHT to harm animals in any way what do we think we are?🤬😓

Aidan! Get on and sort them out ASAP PLEASE!

Thank you for the lovely goat poem though that was adorable. Maybe they are taking advantage of the pub because not many of us are in😁

I am very pleased to hear your husband looks to be on the mend. Never mind the ABs - Sleek is saying it's Tosca's poultice.

How fabulous do those involtini rolls look? Thank you very much 🙂

Hi Joan Charley's house buying seems to be going as it should be i must tell her I have more boxes for her.... Yes our Aidan will be cleaning in heaven of course he will! ((())) to you and Sue.

Barbara well done chancing the café I bet you were so happy to be back. Clearly they were glad to see you. I hope they do see all their customers soon. Sure some will be being extra cautious like yourself.

I know your bro is choking a lot - has he considered a PEG yet? Only because it eliminates the need to eat. He can still eat a little if he wants to. Just a thought.

How is the kitchen doing? Any pics yet?

I hope I manage my walk today it was far far too wet yesterday🙄Still at least we didn't have to water anything 🙄

Hope Carol is having a lovely time with the family taking us loads of pics and making memories.

Chris is no doubt crafting away one way or another I bet she didn't get her walk in yesterday either like me.

Now some food....🤔

and a nice cup of tea

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) thank you for saying about the goats those people don't care about the animals only the money they make I hope the cows are not treated like that. Love to Chris ((())) and Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and your dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) sorry about your brother choking ((()) his girlfriend ((()) knows how to help him good. you did well going to your little café it took courage ((()))

Toni ((())) we had a lot of rain yesterday love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and her girlfriend ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) Prom ((())) I hope its going well for her.

Aidan can we have the sun soon

love to Bill ((())) Chris (((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx