Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    edited 24. Oct 2020, 06:52
    Options

Original kick plates for inside Penelope's doors. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ’•

They need a good polish up, but I LOVE them!

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,939
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath (((())) I'm pleased your friend Ann has beat cancer I wish her all the best I'm sorry your Dad cannot go to his club (((())) its nice they are thinking of him with the food ((())) love to Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Chris ((()))

Barbara (((())) its tonight we change the clocks. That's Niamh is coming to see you ((())) love to Mr B ((())) your son ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) I'm sorry they have the virus in the school near you all the best to them ((())) love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) her and her friend ((())) do a good job I know how hard it is and the long hours and people being rude they put up with all of it I thank them (((())) Lucy (((())) Tia ((())) Kari ((())) Pom ((()))

love to Bill ((())) Chris (((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((())) Christine ((())) and Lindalegs ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Daily Poem (I wasn't sure whether I should post this, but I feel you would want to know about this poet).

Marina Tsvetaeva

1892โ€“1941

Photo by Fine Art Images/Heritage Images/Getty Images

Russian poet Marina Tsvetaeva (also Marina Cvetaeva and Marina Tsvetayeva) was born in Moscow. Her father was a professor and founder of the Museum of Fine Arts, and her mother, who died of tuberculosis when Marina was 14, was a concert pianist. At the age of 18 Tsvetaeva published her first collection of poems,ย Evening Album.ย During her lifetime she wrote poems, verse plays, and prose pieces; she is considered one of the most renowned poets of 20th-century Russia.

Tsvetaevaโ€™s life coincided with turbulent years in Russian history. She married Sergei Efron in 1912; they had two daughters and later one son. Efron joined the White Army, and Tsvetaeva was separated from him during the Civil War. She had a brief love affair withย Osip Mandelstam, and a longer relationship with Sofia Parnok. During the Moscow famine, Tsvetaeva was forced to place her daughters in a state orphanage, where the younger, Irina, died of hunger in 1919. In 1922 she emigrated with her family to Berlin, then to Prague, settling in Paris in 1925. In Paris, the family lived in poverty. Sergei Efron worked for the Soviet secret police, and Tsvetaeva was shunned by the Russian expatriate community of Paris. Through the years of privation and exile, poetry and contact with poets sustained Tsvetaeva. She corresponded withย Rainer Maria Rilkeย and Boris Pasternak, and she dedicated work toย Anna Akhmatova.

In 1939 Tsvetaeva returned to the Soviet Union. Efron was executed, and her surviving daughter was sent to a labor camp. When the German army invaded the USSR, Tsvetaeva was evacuated to Yelabuga with her son. She hanged herself on August 31, 1941.

Critics and translators of Tsvetaevaโ€™s work often comment on the passion in her poems, their swift shifts and unusual syntax, and the influence of folk songs. She is also known for her portrayal of a womanโ€™s experiences during the โ€œterrible yearsโ€ (as the period in Russian history was described by Aleksandr Blok).

Collections of Tsvetaevaโ€™s poetry translated into English includeย Selected Poems of Marina Tsvetaeva, translated by Elaine Feinstein (1971, 1994). She is the subject of several biographies as well as the collected memoirsย No Love Without Poetryย (2009), by her daughter Ariadna Efron (1912โ€“1975).

โ€œA kiss on the foreheadโ€

BYย MARINA TSVETAEVA

A kiss on the foreheadโ€”erases misery.

I kiss your forehead.

A kiss on the eyesโ€”lifts sleeplessness.

I kiss your eyes.

A kiss on the lipsโ€”is a drink of water.

I kiss your lips.

A kiss on the foreheadโ€”erases memory.

Barbara. No the poem was written by a Frenchman. I couldn't write anything as gorgeous as that.

Toni, tell Sleek to put her waterproofs on, because it's slinging it down. Didn't today's poet lead a tragic life. My friends name was Ann! I never got to ring the bell. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Hugs and love to everyone.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Afternoon all

Think storm Barbara has arrived.. we have all the lights on and its pouring down

and our new neighbours are moving in.. not that we can say hello in this weather.. ..

And my appointment that they put me down for has an emergency arrived this morning for the 2nd December..how quick was that from Thursday..

Joan oh yes the clocks..I am so glad my phone does itself..we used to have around 8 clocks and had to do them all...love to all of you..xx

Toni the virus seems to be worse second time around..mind you all the schools and colleges went back..my friends husband is poorly with it in hospital and he was the one that tested negative.. she isn't has bad and still at home

Thankyou for copying Linda post..I am so please she got the full shoulder..bless her xx

Its brilliant yo get original parts for Penelope..makes such a difference.. xx

Kath what a nice poem..and a very interesting lady..I can only imagine what she must have gone through..

So a French man wrote the other I am sure you are clever enough..xx

Better go

Love to everyone.xxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options

Evening all

Ok after my on off post over a little while as I have been a little break from things I have decided now is the time to get back posting more regularly. Cos I am missing you all if the truth was known.

we are in tier 2 High risk now which is not too bad we can still get out and about, and have our lunches out we can travel and stay away from home, avoiding Tier 3 very high risk areas. We are. Currently hoping that we stay only high risk are are not moved up in the next couple of weeks, as we have another few days away booked from the second of November.

had a couple of good thing happen over the last couple of days. Yesterday I Received a date for my audiology appointment the was referred to the local hospital very close to us for the 27th October, which I wasnโ€™t expecting Quite yet due to Covid and it will be only 6 weeks exactly from the first visit to dr. Which is good because although I had ear syringed it is still not perfect.

then about five o clock tonight mr t looked had a email from the cat refuge whoโ€™s took us on their list some time ago, offering us a cat ๐Ÿฑ that the lady who runs it says she thinks will be suited to us. We have said yes as long as she can keep her for an extra week or so as we are going away for a few days, we are just waiting for her reply. Our Fingers are firmly crossed. It is only a small refuge run from the ladyโ€™s home. We have seen a picture of her on their website and she is gorgeous . If we are lucky enough to be chosen to get her I will post picture of her and a few more details.

mr t brought him self one of these fitness watches which measures things like how may steps you take in a day, your average heartbeat for the day and of course also shows the time, of you wear it at night it will also measure your Sleep pattern and also other things. When he said he had ordered one I said oh I have been thinking of ordering One of them for me. when his delivery arrived the Next day he discovered he had ordered 2 not one so I have given him the money for one saved him sending one back And me ordering one . It is a mans one but it is not that large and for every day wear I like a nice large time face so that I can see it with either pair of glasses ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ.

Its time for me to go now but I shall be back tomorrow with some more updates and maybe some pictures of the little peoples who I know you love to hear about.

Hope you all remember to put your clocks back tonight.

Love and Sparkles to all

โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ

Stay positive always๐Ÿ‘xx
  • frogmorton
    Options

Oh Kath Lucy didn't get to ring 'the bell' either although I did take a photo of her last day of chemo (IV she took tablet chemo for another month).....will try to find it if I can.

What a sad story that poor lady Marina! So one son did survive I hope he lived a good and happy life. I hope his wife - if he married kissed his forehead๐Ÿ˜”

Sleek did bring her mackintosh and Sou'wester I bet it all soaked your floor though๐Ÿค” sorry! Did she talk to you about their Hallowe'en ๐Ÿฆ‡ plans? Rosie is hosting having a new house this year. I think they intend to make hay while the sun shines with the hoomans out of action so to speak. They have found a secret potion in Tosca's spell book!

Joan yes our carers deserve respect and polite treatment. I think some people are so unhappy they take it out on them. Charley understands and doesn't take offense at all. Thank you the teachers are in my thoughts. Bloomin virus๐Ÿ˜ก Love to you and Sue ((()))

Barbara so your friend's husband - did he test positive 2nd time? How scary best wishes to him ((()))

The 2nd December that's great service I hope that they are as happy as they can be with your eyes. I checkd and the date is already in the Cloak's diary๐Ÿ˜ฎ???Aidan???

I do hope your new neighbours turn out to be lovely people and you get on well. Shame you can't really welcome them, but you can get your husband to pop a card round maybe?

Legs had done really well I hope that Versus Arthritis use her story for one of theirs on the main site. It needs to be there for when the next person comes along and needs one. I wonder whether she did all her typing herself or used any software. I could imagine it being hard for her especially ATM๐Ÿค”

Hope Niamh is well and as sweet as usual ๐Ÿ˜ป

Carol it's lovely to see you ๐Ÿ™‚

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! your pusskin is finally arriving ! Sleek is so exited she and the others are a hive of activity getting information about him/her. So far the news is good your pusskin is an ex-hogwarts student with a good knowledge of all things feline apparently ....

I CANNOT wait to see a pic. FINALLY!!!!

Good news about your audiology apt much quicker than you'd have expected I hope they can help. Don't want you with a hearing aid too.....mind you at least you would wear yours and not blame other people if you couldn't hear them!

Ah I see Mr T is keen to see how active he is being! I have a fitbit too and every day check how rubbish my sleep was and try to move more. I go for a walk every day and you can set your target steps for a realistic number according to your ability too.

Luckily most of the clocks put themselves back! Else l would have been in trouble.๐Ÿ˜ซmind you Sleek has me up early enough๐Ÿ™„

Yes please pics of the children would be just what the Dr ordered.

Love to you all

Christine and Chris. Hope both are recovering well (((())))

Feeds a family of 4

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) I hope everyone there are has well as they can be. Love to Chris ((()) Anita ((())) Val ((()) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((()))) I'm sorry your friends husband is so bad ((()) that's good you have a appointment for December ((())) love to Mr B ((())) Niamh ((()) and your son ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())

Carol (())) have a good time when you and Mr T ((())) go away and good luck for your hearing test((()))

Toni ((()) have a good day today all of you. Love to Charley ((())) and her friend (((())) Paul ((()) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) Kari ((())) and Pom (((()))

love to Bill ((())) Chris ((())) Mig ((())) Christine (((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Daily Poem (I wonder how our friends from the school are coping with all the changes they've had to put up with)?

Lockdown Poems

Here are two examples of lovely poems written by two of our pupils about lockdownย acrostic poems:

ย 

Living at home not going anywhere

Oh this sucks so much

Corona virus spreads around the world

Keep the NHS safe

Don't go near anyone

Open your door have one piece of exercise a day

Wash your hands or you will be ill

NHS helps all of us

By Ellie in Totnes Class

Lockdowns are boring

Only go out to the shop and exercise

Can't go anywhere interesting

Keep safe

Don't get coronavirus

Older people are special

Wash your hands

Now you are safe from coronavirus

by Katieย in Totnes Class

"We cater for children with a variety of complex learning difficulties from theย 3 to 19 years of age, offering a range ofย provision for different ages, stages and needs. At the heart of everything we do is inclusion. Ourย special school has been recognised for providingย outstanding learning opportunities across a broad curriculum in school and in the wider community."

How special are they?

Joan, we are all as well as we can be thank you. I hope you and Sue are well.

Toni, I dived head first into the breakfast - beans everywhere. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Carol, I saw Mr T's pic of your lovely cat. She will make you happy.

Barbara, we changed most of our clocks on Saturday night. It's a bit of a bind changing them , but a few of them do it themself.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options

Hello everyone ,hope everyone is ok and coping with the rubbish life is throwing at us just latel,.In Nottingham we are waiting to see if we are going into another lock down, have only been out a couple of times with my daughter in the car, hubby and I went on a bus to the health centre for flu jab(only 6 stops) there were only one other person with a mask on we came straight back home after and had to stand as the bus was packed with less than half wearing masks so unless our son or daughter can take us places we only go out for a walk.

Stay safe everyone much love to all X Mig.

• Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options

Afternoon everyone

Its now official we will be having the cat two weeks From tomorrow. Mr t received contact from the lady at the refuge this morning. She can keep her until we get back from the Isle of Wight. She is tortishell she is called Cookie I think Aidan perhaps was at work here maybe ??. Picture coming up

Itโ€™s funny when mr t said yesterday we had the offer and told me her name he said shall we keep her name or change it I said I like it we will keep it at that I was not even thinking about Aidanโ€™s Cookie. It was only later in the evening I thought about it. Anyway I am very happy to introduce you to Cookie the 2nd, and of course there will be many more photos when we have finally got her home.

We are both fine still able to go for our meals out whilst in tier 2 and I donโ€™t know about the rest of you but here in London most of the pubs, coffee shops, and lots of the other shops have the nhs test and trace bar code which you scan with the NHS Covid- 19 app on your phone. If you donโ€™t have the app On your phone in some places if you donโ€™t have the app they ask for your Name and telephone number. Mr T and me and youngest daughter all have the app so we check in at every Place we go with the bar code.

Eldest daughter and and her partner celebrated 30 years together on the 22nd of this month I think her partner has earned the right to be called our son in law donโ€™t you. They celebrated with a few days away in Brighton.

Graycie has now joint Lillie at baton twirling. A little picture of her coming up ready to go twirling.

What Rubie was doing beside her I really donโ€™t know.

Lillie on her way to London for her tests to do with the palpitations. Still donโ€™t know anything more about that.

I am sitting here with my new watch vibrating every hour if I donโ€™t get up and move I have put the alert on today because I have a very painful back. And canโ€™t sit in one position for too long. Very handy indeed. As on a Sunday I donโ€™t do much in the afternoon. I am very lazy after church and cooking dinner. Unlike other days when I go out in the afternoon.

some more pictures to follow tomorrow I was sorting out some photos for youngest GD and I found some really good ones I must go now I have jabbered on for too long.

I leave you with โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธLove and๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆtoo you all with a few hugs ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค— which I am sure we can all do with.

Stay positive always๐Ÿ‘xx
  • barbara12
    Options

Evening all

Carol i am so pleased you have been offered lovely Cookie..that has to be something to do with Aidan..๐Ÿ˜

And a gorgeous pic of her..

I have a fitbit ..that measure what you do..it really helps to push me into doing more steps..mind you it says I sleep 9 hours a night.๐Ÿ˜ฏ.but I love it..

The girls are gorgeous and growing so quickly..xx

Mig its always good to hear from you..people won't be told about mask will they..so you are right just stay clear of buses fir now and keep safe xx

Toni thankyou for the mega breakfast ...

Yes i hope the teacher will be OK..xx

My friends husband was tested again..and positive.. just shows the test is not 100 percent..very scary he had been mixing with there family..xx

Kath I like the lock down poems.. I hope it will help the kids writing it down..we only just realised the click in the car is now one hour out..xx

Joan thankyou you are so kind..you all stay safe and well xx

Right will give my eyes a rest

Love to everyone xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Barbara Another instalment of Legs' shoulder replacement journey for you - and anyone else to read of course!

That is scary isn't it? The tests are clearly not 100% effective. I also know of a chap in hospital who initially tested negative. In fact P's own grandson (at University) has too. Luckily he is well and not seen P or P's daughter for 2 weeks so they will be safe.

My fit-bit admits to my rubbish sleep. In fact it's so bad and Paul's so good he insisted mine must be faulty so we swapped one night.....proved it is me sadly. Kari's says she is asleep when she sits too long reading!

Hi Joan we had a good day thanks I hope you did too? I hope the people in Wales are ok now they have started their 2nd actual lockdown for 17 days. Oh and the mornings are LOVELY and light again ๐Ÿ™‚Love to you and Sue ((()))

Mig! Good to see you!!! I think you will be wise to avoid going on buses if people are being so irresponsible grrrr ๐Ÿ˜ 

They must be mad risking their own and others lives like that. My friend wasn't allowed on the bus because their new rules only allow a certain number of people on them.

Well Carol who is this ball of floof!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????๐Ÿ’—

Oh YES!!! Sleek said it was Cookie (Cookie2) but i didn't believe her. I do indeed think our Aidan was at work and won't it be great to come back from the Isle of Wight to collect her! Oh I am over the ๐ŸŒ™ for you. Looking forward to many photos of her bless her heart.

Yes there are those track and trace codes all over the place here too I had to use one at the hairdressers!! I think it's anywhere you will be inside for more than 15 minutes or something like that??? I am glad you are still getting out for your meals so long as you feel safe that's good.

Well MANY congratulations to your eldest daughter and your son-in-law

30 years is wonderful they should and you will be I know very proud indeed!

Graycie is old enough for twirling now?! I think Rubie wants to join in! Still no info on Lillie's palpitations ๐Ÿ˜•well so long as she is doing ok that's the main thing. Looking forward to seeing more pics.

My fitbit makes me get up every hour if we are lazy and watch TV in the afternoon at weekends I never do in the week, but at weekends Paul likes to binge-watch TV with the fire lit. It makes my back worse if i don't move too.

Now where are today's poems Kath? Ah yes....

Gosh they are fabulous and they are Children who have special needs! Well they are very imaginative indeed and clever.

Glad you enjoyed the breakfast it was rather naughty. I might need to cut us all back. I hope you were in Aidan's booth making that mess?๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

We still have the HUGE clock to do in the hall. One year it stayed like that until the clocks went forwards again๐Ÿ˜ณ

Going to see Ex MIL in a bit EX FIL's birthday yesterday it was the first since he died in January. Problem is Ex will be there (First time he has been since the funeral and only because Charley told him he had to) so I am going in Penelope for support.

Right breakfast...continental I think today:

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) we have sun here at the moment. Love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) Val ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Carol ((())) that's good you are giving cookie a good home love to Mr T ((())) Good photo's

Mig ((())) some people just don't care you are doing the right thing.

Barbara ((())) I wish the virus would go so many shops are closed. Love to Mr B ((())) and your Son ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())) and your friend ((())) and her husband ((()))

Toni ((())) have a good ride in Penelope love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and her girlfriend ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) Kari (((())) Pom ((())) how is she love to your lovely neighbour ((()))

love to Bill ((())) Chris ((())) Christine ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Daily Poem

Whim Wood

Katherine Towers

into the coppery halls

of beech and intricate oak

to be close to the trees

as they whisper together

let fall their leaves,

and we die for the winterย 

From Katherine Towers'

Barbara, I bought myself a Fitbit style watch but my laptop was missing something that it needed to operate it. So I got rid of it. ๐Ÿ˜’

Carol, Graycie is quite the little poser. Can't wait to see them both baton twirling.

mig, I'm so glad you are being careful. Especially now Nottinham is going up to level 3. As we are actually in Derbyshire, it's a little easier for us. But we are so near to the border, Nottm people spend a lot of time here making it risky for us.

Joan, it's sunny here too, but we have the odd shower.

Toni, I was delighted when I found the poems by the children. I sent an email to the school and congratulated them. But I haven't heard from them yet.

• barbara12
    Options

Evening all what storms we have had today..

Toni thankyou for the update on Linda bless she never used to let on what she was suffering.. its awful but she is a strong lady has we know x

I am sure I don't sleep 9 hours...๐Ÿ˜…

So you know people that have been tested and it came out wrong ..they have had since march to get it right..we gave just been told we are in an hotspot ..oh god..

You just keep safe they said on the news wear both mask and visors to protect our eyes...๐Ÿ™„xx

Joan its awful times we are going through..but we will get there we keep safe..xx

Kath what a nice poem sad but nice to see the leaves change colour..I yse my fitbit on an app on my phone..aww it put a naughty word then ๐Ÿ˜…xx

Right my eyes are squiffy again so will leave you all xxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Here you are Barbara and anyone else who's interested Legs' next instalment - includes B&W photo of her wound not too scary.

You're in a hot spot?! Oh dear....just keep doing all you can in your own little bubble. You can do no more. Lucy is under threat of total lockdown in Glasgow so that's a worry for her, but I would be happier if she was!

I don't really go anywhere just to drop shopping off to my neighbours or P or to Kari the same I have got my mask and visor and agree if i went ina shop i would do both. Belt and braces! Funny how I don't 'see' the masks on people now though - more likely to notice if they don't have them on!

doubt you sleep 9 hours either - would be wonderful!๐Ÿ˜ด

Joan thank you for asking P is doing really well i spoke to her yesterday and should see her later on she has some gold paint for me....making decorations for the Christmas cart. We will be raising money for the hospice. I saw my lovely neighbour yesterday and am going for a cuppa with them tomorrow afternoon ๐Ÿ™‚ How are you and Sue? and the carers? ((()))

Kath I expect the headteacher is very proud of the students for their poetic efforts. I'm not sure i could have done better. I hope he/she will reply soon.

Annoying when you can't 'do' something tech-wise isn't it? My fitbit connects to my phone and send me emails too. I'm not doing anything exciting exercise-wise just plodding on.

Very close to Notts you are, but you are staying safe I hope? How is Holly and the children are they all well? How are her driving lessons going?

Love Katherine's poem and the leaves they are so pretty at this time of year aren't they?

Sleek was sick overnight and Paul went skidding along on it this morning๐Ÿ˜ I think she had too many fishy lattes and Rosie's with Darcey๐Ÿคข

Love to everyone.

I heard from Chris yesterday I think she'll be in soon to see us all soon. Love to Carol of course and Christine.

hot buttered toast

• frogmorton
    Options

Today would have been Aidan's Birthday

I've made him a special cake with Silver on it. Happy Birthday in Heaven and God bless you Aidan. We all miss you very very much.๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) Are you getting your food delivery all right now. Love to Chris ((()) Anita ((()) Val (((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) yes I asked yesterday when this virus has gone what will you do with your mask. love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and your brother ((()) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni (((())) have a good day (((())) love to Paul (((())) Charley ((())) and her girlfriend (((()))) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) Kari ((())) Pom (((()))

love to Bill ((())) Mig ((())). Chris ((())) Christine ((())) Happy birthday Aidan ((())) we think about you

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Daily Poem (one of mine, intended to be sung to the tune of 'Down In The Valley')

Pastoral - or, Song of the Shepherdess

Out in the meadow, the shepherdess calling,

lu la lay, lu la lay, lu la lay lay.

As she sits by the stream among Melick and Cowslips,

she calls to her flock in the fields where they lay.

Lu la lay lay, lu la lay lay

she calls to her flock in the fields where they lay.

Beneath the old Willow, it's shadow so cooling,

Resting her head on a soft grassy tussock

She watches the lambs as they gambol and play.

she watches the lambs as they gambol and play.

She sleeps in the sun, and dreams of her loved one

He took out the cattle to market in Derby

and he should return at the end of the day.

and he should return at the end of the day.

He gave her a ring, and they will be married,

She'll wear her blue ribbons upon her white bonnet

with a posy of Violets and sprigs of Sweet Bay.

with a posy of Violets and sprigs of Sweet Bay.

How Aidan would have loved this.

Joan, yes we are getting our Tesco deliveries thank you. We have Iceland as back up should we need them.

Barbara, we have had some awful weather just lately. No sunshine today as it's pouring. Even so, Holly has gone shopping for us, bless her. One of my local friends from Facebook has been on local radio this morning. She runs an animal rescue in the local area. She is a treasure.

Toni, I wasn't expecting an email from the school as I didn't give them my address, and I didn't ask them for permission to use them. ๐Ÿ˜I expect today will have been hard for Bill. I wonder if he had a drink in Aidan's honour?

• barbara12
    Options

Afternoon all..pouring down again..

We had a knock at the door last night and stood there half way down the drive in the pouring rain our new neighbours.. thanking us for the card we put through..how lovely ..it took me back to how young we were when we move here 45 years ago heeee

Tonithankyou fir the hot buttered toast..just the weather for it

Ooh bless our Aidan gosh like you say he is so missed..Happy Birthday our lovely friend..๐Ÿฐโ˜•๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ˜ปhe would love the cake.. and maybe facsplant it ..xx

Like you say at least Lucy will be safe in lockdown ..

Nice to meet your neighbour for a cuppa.. and love to P..xx

Joan I never thought of what we would do with all the mask.. blimey we have quite a few..I am sure they will need burning..love to all if you xx

Hi to Kath

And love to everyone

Xxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Morning Joan. We are all well here Sleek is on her rug on the chair next to me. I messaged Bill yesterday for offer our thoughts with it being Aidan's birthday yesterday. He was ok, but a sad day he said. he thanks us still very much for keeping him in our hearts and thoughts. ((()))

Kath what a poem that one was!! Imagine writing all the Lu Lay Lays....I call Lucy 'Lu'!! It's lovely a proper folk song I love it!!. We could sing it at choir if we can ever meet properly again ๐Ÿ˜• Toni behave all will be well in time, but i think we will go into tier 2 this weekend in Staffordshire.

Tia's dogs home is FULL of puppies ATM! One mamma had 16 I think and there are two other litters one 'normal' one about 10! Your friend is a good good woman ๐Ÿ™‚

Bill was indeed planning on raising a glass of something red for our Aidan last night after the sun was past the yard arm. He was feeling sad, but coping God bless him.

I had a small sherry for Aidan too with Paul.๐ŸŒˆ

I am using tesco then ocado then tesco then ocado. Tesco this week.

Hi Barbara erm yes I rather think Aidan would have face planted! bless him!๐Ÿ˜ After he admired the rainbow and Silver.... one tough day for Bill over.

How lovely the new neighbours knocking at your door in spite of the dreadful rain! So sweet that they reminded you of yourselves all those years go. They should all being well make many happy memories and a family there too ๐Ÿ’•

I think we will be in tier 2 by the weekend I just said to Joan here in Staffordshire and that's ok if it has to be it has to be. safety first and yes i will be happier with Lucy locked down.

I hope Niamh is ok? and your bro and his GF?

This cuppa with my neighbours this afternoon will probably be the last for a bit ๐Ÿ˜• I think I can visit Kari I'm in her bubble. Well if needs be I'll stand outside and talk to her.

Today is sunny and cold so I am going for some ๐Ÿฅฃ

• frogmorton
    Options

Popped this on for Legs to see how high Lucy can lift her shoulder now. She's on the left handside.

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) that's nice Holly getting your shopping ((())) love to Chris ((())) Anita ((()))and Val ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) that was nice of your neighbours to thank you for the card ((())) that brought back a lot of memories for you you've lived there a long time. love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni (((()))) Lucy is doing well ((()) yes she can lift her arm you would not know she had had the op ((())) love to Paul ((()))Charley ((())) and her girlfriend ((())) Tia ((())) Kari ((()))

love to Bill ((())) Chris ((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((())) Christine ((())) Lindlegs ((()))

take care
    joan xx